Crysis 2 Leak Didn’t Result in Mass DownloadAdded: Monday, February 14th, 2011
Category: Bit Torrent Freedom > The Industries Of Records, Gaming, Software, Movies
Tags:ET, p2p, Torrent, Piracy, Peer To Peer, Network, Hackers, Internet, BitTorrent, Google, utorrent, bitcomet, extratorrent, 2010, www.extrattorrent.com
The long-awaited Crysis 2 is scheduled to be released in March, but, as usually happens to high profile games, it has already leaked online. Despite the fact that it was a PC beta version that leaked on the Internet, which requires some coaxing, the game developer has already decried the event. Following the publisher, a number of gaming blogs have also started condemning pirates. All of them forget the only thing – just because people have a possibility to pirate, it doesn’t mean they always do.
Publisher EA’s blog titled “Crysis 2 Leaked” is currently one of the most popular search results for “Crysis 2” query. Recently an early incomplete build of the game has emerged on BitTorrent, which largely disappointed Crytek and EA. Also, Destructoid editor Jim Sterling was furious at pirates, making some good points and being passionate about games. He can be understood – lots of people love games and appreciate the work going into them.
Although you would hardly hear people complaining about films or albums leaking online in file-sharing circles, the situation changes when it comes to games. The “Crysis 2” publisher plead with people to wait for the official release date, and it seems to be supported, and not just by those who has never downloaded leaked games, but also by those who usually do.
Although the beta version is currently widely available, statistics show that it has been downloaded only 10,000 times, which is nothing in terms of BitTorrent networks. That can’t be because this game isn’t popular with gamers; rather, such low download numbers may be a result of the title being quite the opposite. Indeed, while some Internet users are happy to get an advance copy of the long-waited game, there are lots of people on torrent websites encouraging others not to download the leaked version. Such people may also treat this version as a demo to be deleted in due course, which only increased the interest to the game.
In fact, that was not an unexpected turn of events. It has been discussed for a while that high profile game leaks won’t result in the misery for the creators unless the games are clearly terrible. Another example was seen in 2003, when a beta version of Half-Life 2 leaked online 6 months before its official release date, but nevertheless has sold 12 million copies thus far.
Thanks to TorrentFreak for providing the source of the article
February 14th,2011Posted by:
Monday, February 14th, 2011
|Thanks for the update SaM.|
Actually even I downloaded the "Leaked" version of Crysis 2 but honestly after playing it felt like the first part was much better than this one..just my opinion
|cheers sam for the great article i too will choose to wait for the full game 9+gb|
is a lot of bandwidth for a game in beta stage and besides i dont want any of the
beta issues spoiling a game that i am looking forward too
|posted by (2011-02-14 18:02:23)|
|U cant steal the 3d version .These types of games u need to make purchase so they can make more like it and the extras are must have.@1 the first crysis was the best. Special Edition ATI,Radeon 9800 pro nivida 9800 GT OUTSTANDING Performance and speed...|
|i like playing games online so no problems|
buying a game if its good,
money dont grow on trees so when i find leaf i keep it
|Thanks for the article, I always try before i buy.. Ive downloaded several games from BitTorrent and can proudly say i own a retail copy of about 60% of them games.. The other 40% weren't worth my money hence the 60%.. I call it being a smart consumer..|
|posted by (2011-02-16 12:08:53)|
|Yeah i have limited money to spend so have to be smart on what few games a year i buy but i prefer to wait till release so if i do like it and feel i will get my moneys worth i can buy it straight away.|
|posted by (2011-02-17 06:07:46)|
|only 10000 downloads !!|
including me 10001
im downloading CRYSIS 2 now
but i will be buying at the same time . . .
|the beta wasnt good at all sound issues galore..memory leaks ..it was crap not how any gamer wants his first experience of an anticipated title..so beta sure was good for a hands on demo ..but nothing more ..will wait for full rip||
Most Popular Stories