ExtraTorrent.cc - The Largest Bittorent SystemLogin   |   Register
Latest Articles
Most searched
Hot torrents
First Cams
View Torrent Info: Moana 2016 HD-TS XviD AC3-CPG
View Torrent Info: Shut.In.2016.HDCAM.x264 - Lesnar
View Torrent Info: Fantastic Beast and Where To Find Them 2016 HD-TS x264-CPG
View Torrent Info: Arrival 2016 HDCAM x264 AC3-TuttyFruity
Hot torrents
XVID DIVX
View Torrent Info: Santas.Boot.Camp.2016.HDRip.XviD.AC3-EVO
View Torrent Info: Rupture.2016.HDRip.XviD.AC3-EVO
View Torrent Info: Miss.Peregrines.Home.for.Peculiar.Children.2016.BRRip.XviD.AC3-ETRG
View Torrent Info: Storks.2016.BRRip.XViD-ETRG
Hot torrents
H264 X264
View Torrent Info: Sully.2016.720p.BRRip.x264.AAC-ETRG
View Torrent Info: Storks.2016.720p.BRRip.x264.AAC-ETRG
View Torrent Info: Eliminators.2016.720p.BRRip.x264.AAC-ETRG
View Torrent Info: Morgan.2016.720p.BRRip.x264.AAC-ETRG
Hot torrents
Television
View Torrent Info: UFC The Ultimate Fighter 24 Finale HDTV x264-Ebi [TJET]
View Torrent Info: Bellator 166 Dantas vs Warren 2 HDTV x264-Ebi [TJET]
View Torrent Info: Ghost.Adventures.S13E10.Dumas.Brothel.HDTV.x264-SPASM
View Torrent Info: Van.Helsing.S01E12.WEB-DL.x264-FUM[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Nenu Sailaja (2016)   EXTRAS 720p UNCUT HDRip x264 [Dual Audio] [Hindi DD 2.0 - Telugu 2.0] Exclusive By -=!Dr.STAR!=-
View Torrent Info: Morgan (2016) 1080p BDRip DUAL DD 5.1 x264 ~ PyZ
View Torrent Info: Kahaani 2 (2016) Hindi 1CD Desi Cam x264 AAC - Downloadhub
View Torrent Info: Air Bud (1997) 720p HDTVRip x264 Eng Subs [Dual Audio] [Hindi 2.0 - English 5.1] -=!Dr.STAR!=-
30s
Chat
To add new messages please Login or Register for FREE
Warning! Use a VPN When Downloading Torrents!
Your IP Address is 54.87.121.0.   Location is United States
Your Internet Provider and Government can track your torrent activity!  Hide your IP ADDRESS with a VPN!
ExtraTorrent strongly recommends using Trust.Zone VPN to anonymize your torrenting. It's FREE!

ExtraTorrent.cc > Articles > Online Piracy Clampdown Backed In UK

Online Piracy Clampdown Backed In UK

Online Piracy Clampdown Backed In UK

Added: Tuesday, April 26th, 2011
Category: Recent Headlines Involving File Sharing > Current Events
Tags:ET, p2p, Torrent, Piracy, Peer To Peer, Network, Hackers, Internet, BitTorrent, Google, utorrent, bitcomet, extratorrent, 2010, www.extrattorrent.com
According to Reuters, UK’s ISPs yesterday were rejected to challenge the plans of the government to curb unauthorized file-sharing which will demand them to identify and send notifications to alleged offenders.

The UK High Court yesterday rejected an appeal of Internet service providers BT and TalkTalk on all but one count. The appeal was brought against the Digital Rights Act by the companies that argued the law violated the privacy of Internet users, and was also disproportionate and not able to work effectively. The legislation stipulates that the broadband providers have to pay 25% of the costs of sending out notifications to many thousands of their subscribers that copyright owners allege of unauthorized downloading of copyrighted content. Meanwhile, the copyright holders will pay the rest of 75%.

ISP TalkTalk announced that it was very disappointed by the court ruling. However, in its statement TalkTalk promised that despite it might have lost this battle, it would still go on fighting in order to defend its subscribers' rights against that ill legislation.

In response, the government was pleased that the High Court had confirmed that the proposed measure had been lawful and proportionate. It announced to stay committed to fighting online piracy and therefore would set out further steps in order to implement the Digital Economy Act in the near future.

A representative of the Department for Culture, Media and Sport pointed out that the notifications are supposed to educate Internet users, but at a later stage such measures as suspension of Internet accounts can follow. On the other hand, the UK lobbying group Consumer Focus claims that the decision failed to clarify how subscribers that were unfairly alleged of piracy could avoid disconnection. Head of post and digital communications at the outfit, Robert Hammond, indicated that the court didn’t clarify the legal uncertainty to Internet users who need to prove their innocence in order to avoid the consequences stipulated by the law, like disconnection from the worldwide web.

Copyright owners, including the MPA and BPI, also greeted the decision, with BPI boss saying that this court decision actually gave the green light for action to fight unauthorized downloading in the country.

However, the broadband providers did win a partial victory in the judgment – the court decided that they won’t have to pay the Ofcom's costs in implementing the system.




By:
SaM
April 26th,2011

Posted by: 
SaM

Date:  Tuesday, April 26th, 2011



Comments (7) (please add your comment »)

1
posted by Blocked (2011-04-26 17:13:57)
klkeklller avatarcome on judges are in the pockets of big business would like to see the judges bank statements

2
posted by (2011-04-26 17:57:26)
DEMONLORD avatartrue, they are, rule in there favor and receive a million dollar bonus probably

3
posted by (2011-04-26 21:57:53)
Boobsman avatarI live in the UK and it wont change anything, the more laws they make the more we'll look for ways to get round them.

4
posted by (2011-04-27 02:33:17)
uax4it avatarClamp these Nuts!

5
posted by Blocked (2011-04-27 05:48:05)
menahunie avatarI see a real problem of the statement in the article of - ALLEGED VIOLATORS and the ISP's will have to prove it?? WTF.
That would mean anyone can file a violation towards an ISP and bankrupt them in ALLEGATIONS of copyright violations. Did the Brits have one too many pint of bitters? There is no requirement in the law to have anyone claiming a copyright violation to prove they are in fact the copyright holders in the first place; only some one can claim to be and send a notice to the ISP's.....
The legislation stipulates that the broadband providers have to pay 25% of the costs of sending out notifications to many thousands of their subscribers that copyright owners allege of unauthorized downloading of copyrighted content. Meanwhile, the copyright holders will pay the rest of 75%.

6
posted by (2011-04-29 03:08:20)
Snoop_ThuG avatarAgreed with the Above !!

7
posted by (2011-04-30 02:56:35)
m101dream avatarthey say £1000 fine if you have no TV license,£1000 fine for not sending in your census but how many people actually get fined



Articles Search
Most Popular Stories
Articles Categories
Articles Tags


Home - Browse Torrents - Upload Torrent - Stat - Forum - FAQ - Login
ExtraTorrent.cc is in compliance with copyrights
BitCoin: 12DiyqsWhENahDzdhdYsRrCw8FPQVcCkcm
Can't load ExtraTorrent? Try our official mirrors: etmirror.com - etproxy.com - extratorrentonline.com - extratorrentlive.com
2006-2016 ExtraTorrent.cc3