BitTorrent Inc. Introduced New AppAdded: Monday, January 16th, 2012
Category: Bit Torrent Freedom > The Right To Share
Tags:ET, p2p, Torrent, Piracy, Peer To Peer, Network, Hackers, Internet, BitTorrent, Google, utorrent, bitcomet, extratorrent, 2010, www.extrattorrent.com
BitTorrent Inc. has released a new application – “Share”. It is an alternative to paid cloud-based services and media sharing over various social networks. The application allows transferring files of any size with no restrictions to any number of personal contacts. The sent files get cached in the cloud, so the users don’t have to be online at the same time as you to complete the transfer.
Shahi Ghanem, the BitTorrent’s chief strategist, said that “Share” is a result of more than a year’s research into personal media sharing. BitTorrent has always been one of the fastest ways to transfer large files, and the company realizes that with the modern cameras/video recorders producing high quality, traditional file-sharing really requires concessions. Using the new application, consumers won’t have to crop pictures, reduce resolutions or cut video length to share something with their contacts. Indeed, such sharing became easier and faster than traditional “cloud” solutions for anyone.
Shahi Ghanem has also admitted that the company is depending on Amazon’s EC2 and S3 services when providing with the caching infrastructure. The new application is currently available only for Windows, while Mac users can find an alpha version of uTorrent which will also offer such kind of functionality. The app comes with a Facebook plugin to help users easily share files with anyone – all they need to do is just drag and drop what they want to share.
The Share’s main website mentions features the application offers:
1. There are no file size or quality limits on sending the file – the users are able to send HD videos, high-resolution picture collections and any other oversized files absolutely free.
2. The service offers super fast downloads, as it is built on top of an innovative file-sharing technology, which has already been used by more than 100 million people a month. This will allow all the contacts download the biggest files without the endless wait.
3. The application is private and secure, allowing the user to choose exactly who receives access to the shared files. The consumer can set up groups to share files – from social group like colleagues to any single person.
4. The app also has some features of a social network – it allows the user’s contacts to comment on the files they share in real-time.
5. Finally, the “Share” app is going to be integrated into both BitTorrent and uTorrent clients.
Monday, January 16th, 2012
|posted by (2012-01-16 09:51:47)|
|nice, looks interesting|
|i just wonder if they hold the file if they get to ether take for them selves and or give info as too where it came from so now they have proof of lets say pirated material ,and how secure would family pictures be example what if you have pictures your sending a family member of your baby having a bath .... might be ways of pedo's getting ahold of stuff like that .... just examining some thoughts .... you never know where or who is holding it and what it can be used for ...||
Most Popular Stories