Close End of a Mac TrackerAdded: Monday, February 15th, 2010
Category: Recent Headlines Involving File Sharing > Ridiculous Criminal Trials
Tags:ET, p2p, Torrent, Piracy, Peer To Peer, Network, Hackers, Internet, BitTorrent, utorrent, bitcomet, extratorrent, 2010, www.extrattorrent.com, vortex
Nowadays many private trackers are menacing the members softly to donate for making it possible for the site to float. We can’t say they are reinventing the wheel but such an increasing trend supposes that the ought is now applied to most members who has no a great desire to donate.
Vortex Network, also known as "Eye of the Storm" is one the recent trackers coming to extinction because of empty funds, and is supposed to shut down soon if it doesn't get enough donations.
Members are now the only way for the trackers to get out of the grave which is quite close. Actually all of them used to do that now and then if you read the news attentively. Some of them are about to go offline at the end of each budget month and even niche trackers can’t live it over.
As Vortex homepage said recently, they were going to stop operations in a week if nothing changes. At the background they had five month losing goals for donations. They even had no enough money to pay for hosting, and if the donations aren't rising, they are not going to continue. Although they were not so desperate for those donations to plead, but just let the members know that if it is really coming to an end then it has been a good time together.
They seem to be right about weathering the storm – it is obvious that the goals are not as close as they were expected to be.
Vortex is not the only one struggling but the only one doing less can it could. Let us see:
1) It has never been open for registration publicly, only making it available for the potential members to request an invite in the IRC channel.
2) It had some negative publicity toward the original owner that definitely hurt its popularity. Even if people hadn’t known about Vortex before, they certainly had now.
3) Not many people know about it. A policy of forbidden public URL for protecting the community and asking all users name the site as ‘The Eye of The Storm’ on public were enforced strongly as you can see from this old warning:
As you can see from above, the popularity of the tracker has been declining lately, as it now has:
1) 532,438 an Alexa Rank as opposed to 300,534 in last March.
2) 2,925 members as compared to 5,732 in same March or 6,636 in July 2008
3) just 69 leechers in comparison to 2,399 in July 2008.
As you can guess now, without going public to get new members there won’t be any tracker soon, because more members mean more donations to make a living.
February 15th, 2010Posted by:
Monday, February 15th, 2010
|posted by (2010-02-15 21:02:55)|
|THanx Sam---great info & piece!! Keep up the good work =)|
|Thanks! Interesting statictics!|
|nice article, thanks for the constant info you provide.|
|posted by (2010-02-15 22:20:59)|
|thanx buddy nice read|
|I enjoy all your informative stories, Thanks!!|
Most Popular Stories