People Pirate Films Which Hollywood Can’t SellAdded: Monday, November 4th, 2013
Category: Recent Headlines Involving File Sharing > Current Events
Tags:ET, p2p, Torrent, Piracy, Peer To Peer, Network, Hackers, Internet, BitTorrent, Google, utorrent, bitcomet, extratorrent, 2013, www.extrattorrent.cc
It seems that Hollywood has only itself to blame for pirated films. It turned out that the top 10 pirated films are mostly those which the entertainment industry, for unknown reasons, has refused to release legally and are not available at the theatres anymore. A new service, called PiracyData.org, tracks the most pirated films and shows whether file-sharers could have purchased the movie legally.
According to its data, 40% of most pirated movies cannot be bought legally online. Then, out of the remaining 60%, 30% are available for full-priced purchase, but not for rent. Moreover, none of the top 10 movies can be watched via such subscription streaming services as Netflix.
In means that the viewers have nothing left but to turn towards piracy when they fail to buy or at least rent the films they want to watch. In the meantime, each movie on the list of top 10 was released in 2013, but is no longer showing in major theaters. With the exception of 3 movies, most of them are now in an awkward stage – people can buy them on DVD, but can’t rent them online. The problem is that nobody wants to buy DVDs today – people are used to pressing a button and streaming a film instantly.
It means that the Hollywood’s idea of withholding new films from digital rental just to inflate DVD sales is just lossmaking. Especially for such movies that people can watch one time and instantly delete them from their brain in order to make way for more interesting stuff. Actually, a number of the films on the list are legally available and very popular on the pirate websites. The matter is that many of them certainly wouldn’t exist if Hollywood became a little more modern.
November 4th,2013Posted by:
Monday, November 4th, 2013
|Maybe when Hollywood stop selling junk and stop ripping people off to watch their movies people might start going to the cinemas again.Until then it will be a long time until you see me buy a DVD or go to a cinemas.I find foreign films more entertaining than the films Hollywood bring out these days.|
|posted by (2013-11-04 18:41:28)|
|out of interest, what are the top ten films? sorry if i have missed a link or reference somewhere.|
|Read the article mrbong.|
|@mrbong. I missed the links (page) the first time too.|
|posted by (2013-11-05 03:56:46)|
|@YoMammaSoFat, cheers mate, i swear i am going blind in my old age!|
|posted by (2013-11-05 07:06:41)|
|Thinking don t think i have ever streamed a video to watch; never had a reason to; so how does one stream and assuming we all streamed and copyed from their no more torrents correct ?|
|Streaming usually is from subscriptions as Netflix, Hulu Plus etc. Also Many cable companies and television networks will stream episodes and such with commercial breaks.|
This article is very correct about availability. There are so many shows out of print, and not for sale that I have enjoyed watching again via download. In addition many movies that I have seen this way that I either missed on the big screen, or did not release in my area if I liked it I bought a copy retail. The downloading works for and against profits. Goes both ways.
|@mrbong: check for the link in the first para, line 3||
Most Popular Stories