Hot torrents
H264 X264
View Torrent Info: Sing.2016.BluRay.720p.DTS.AC3.x264-ETRG
View Torrent Info: Vengeance.A.Love.Story.2017.720p.BRRip.x264.AAC-ETRG
View Torrent Info: Moana.2016.BluRay.1080p.DTS.AC3.x264-ETRG
View Torrent Info: Assassins.Creed.2016.BluRay.720p.DTS.AC3.x264-ETRG
Hot torrents
BluRay, 4k UHD
View Torrent Info: Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham 2001 Bluray 1080p x264 DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Passengers 2016 Multi UHD BluRay 2160p HEVC HDR10 DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Dont Kill It 2016 BluRay 1080p x264 DTSHD5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Warriors Gate 2016 1080p Bluray x264 DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
Hot torrents
Television
View Torrent Info: Bates.Motel.S05E06.WEB-DL.x264-FUM[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Supergirl.S02E17.HDTV.x264-LOL[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Taken.2017.S01E05.HDTV.x264-KILLERS[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Quantico.S02E15.HDTV.x264-KILLERS[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Hidden.Figures.2016.1080p.BRRip.x264.Turkish.AC3-ETRG
View Torrent Info: Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna 2006 1080p Bluray x264 DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Yo-Kai Watch Movie (2014) x264 720p BluRay {Dual Audio} [Hindi ORG DD 2.0   Japanese 5.1] Exclusive By DREDD
View Torrent Info: Dil To Pagal Hai 1997 BluRay 1080P x264 DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
30s
Chat
To add new messages please Login or Register for FREE
Warning! Use a VPN When Downloading Torrents!
Your IP Address is 54.144.250.128.   Location is United States
Your Internet Provider and Government can track your torrent activity!  Hide your IP ADDRESS with a VPN!
ExtraTorrent strongly recommends using Trust.Zone VPN to anonymize your torrenting. It's FREE!
Get VPN Now for FREE!

Using Torrents With BT?

Post a Reply    Subscribe to Topic    
AuthorMessage
KINSY avatar
Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 22:14
Author:
Hi guys,

I've got a problem with my ISP.

I recently changed my internet to BT and now whenever I try to download any torrents from anywhere they just don't get any faster than 1Kbps, even though I have a 34 meg connection and get it when I use usenext or http downloads and I've disabled the firewall on the homehub3.0 and my own firewall and my antivirus, but to no avail...don't worry i re-enabled them lol.

It turns out BT 'monitor' torrent traffic between 5pm and 12am...fair enough, but my torrents aren't moving at any time and BT aren't helping at all, so my question is do any of you guys use BT and have no problems downloading and if so any ideas what might be affecting mine?

If this can't be fixed then would you guys suggest using that premium link on all of the downloads, it leads to a site called downloadweb.org. Is it legit or just a waste of time.

Please help as I love using this site and hate to have to find everything on direct download sites when extratorrent was so easy to use and had everything i wanted all the time

Cheers

Chris.
ic3m4l3 avatar
Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 22:21
Author:
u dont get 34 mb its UPTO 34mb i myself use adsl2 now and its bt line and i get 6 out of the 20 its shit il soon be going bak

buy a seedbox and ftp download bt grass u up mate and soon u wont be able to use usenet watver its called

do a speedtest at here and show us the results rule of thumb is 10% of ur max download speed

or go here and see if ur been traffic shaped here
KINSY avatar
Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 22:26
Author:
No I honestly get 34 meg..well bt said 34 meg but i'm averaging around 37.4 or some shit. Basically when downloading from fileserve or something i'm gettin between 5 and 6 megabytes a second which is roughly 37 megabits no?
ic3m4l3 avatar
Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 22:40
Author:
na u should get 3.5 - 3.7 and free users on them services are shit speeds and bt does throttle u massivly post ur speedtest up from that link and try that taffic shaper test
KINSY avatar
Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 22:53
Author:
I used a 14 day trial on usenext and its gettin me the full speeds that premium fileserve and shiz gets me. You think its worth trying those sponsored links on the downloads for a while til I work somethin else out?

Ok I'm posting the link to my results and they aint displaying...i even chose the forum option and thats doin nothin when i paste it in this box...soz for bein a noob about this but i ain't got a clue why its not workin?
KINSY avatar
Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 00:00
Author:
Bugger it just settled for a seedbox from blazinSeedBoxes. Seems like a safer and better solution. When you said BT grass you up do you mean for usin usenet and shit or even seedboxes?
No avatar
Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 06:08
Author: Blocked
Quote:
It turns out BT 'monitor' torrent traffic between 5pm and 12am...fair enough, but my torrents aren't moving at any time and BT aren't helping at all, so my question is do any of you guys use BT and have no problems downloading and if so any ideas what might be affecting mine?
alot of ISP do that a shame.this is where VPN ect comes is if wanna download during that time

usenext when download from there the files its fast reason is they use like 1 GB conection so thats why you get maxx speed.

so if wanna download duren that time where the monitor/have slow speed use a VPN problem solve.VPN there are alot of free ones they are mostly shit reason the slow your speed big time.my pick for a VPN would be https://www.beevpn.com/invite?r=superkok.beevpn.dk.eu easy to use sett up install ect.

also remember torrent arent the same as usertext since torrent is about seed leecher.uploaders speed.

KINSY avatar
Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:18
Author:
Thanks Taker,

I know about the way torrents are dependant on alot of factors its just that this 'monitering' seems to be on all the time for me as I tested it with an episode of bleach from extratorrent because I know that always has good ratios, it had great torrent health the first time i downloaded it with sky and even better the second try with BT.

It downloaded at the full 4meg that i was getting with sky and later that day when bt went active it was going at 2kB/s so its just a little weird that this is happening non stop regardless of time...they obv aint gonna help me cos the way they see it they've got my money so fuck me.

Shit happens, I'm just gonna have to find another way...if this seedbox doesn't really solve my problems I'll take note of your VPN solution.

Also anyone got any ideas as to how long it usually takes for BlazinSeedboxes to set up your seedbox...I know it states an in stock time and an out of stock time on thier site but I just wasn't sure as thier online live chat is offline and I didn't want to open a support ticket as it would be a waste of their time just to answer a daft question about time frames, in my experience, opening a support ticket rarely gets and answer anyways.
ic3m4l3 avatar
Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 18:53
Author:
yeh balzin normally within a few hrs u shudda gone elseware ther servers are crammed full of boxes and u dont always get the best service i.e if ur box goes down they do comepnstae u if down for long times tho but thats no good wen u want summet NOW chudda gone with navlayer i get my server of them and im 100000% happy

or use private trackers like ipt ect ect much faster and safer than public

p.s u need 10 points top post images and links sorry forgot to mention that
No avatar
Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 19:23
Author: Blocked
then here is the 1 million $ ? they monitor torrent what happen when you downlaod from the seedbox to your PC :D you can always try use this see link there are others but give it a try http://broadband.mpi-sws.org/transparency/#tools
KINSY avatar
Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 22:18
Author:
sorry by monitor a mean that they just slow down all that traffic...i mean obviously they can see what ever goes through anyways...after all they're the isp but it just very annoying when they do this as i wasnt told it when i signed up for BT, I specifically asked the numpty over the phone before agreeing to it, but i guess thats why BT are notorious for screwing over thier customers eh?

Shouldnt really moan though since its not like i have to pay for this stuff and if i don't get access to it at a certain time then who am i to complain, after all we're all here cos most of us are breaking the law right? so we ain't really got a leg to stand on where this 'monitorings' concerned

Gotta say though the speed from the seedbox was much better, after all I'm guessin it just goes through the same way a download from somewhere like fileserve etc does? which is probably why i got my full speed when i downloaded the finished torrents from the seedbox

Post a Reply    

Forum Search

search in post message
  search in topic subject
Forum

Home - Browse Torrents - Upload Torrent - Stat - Forum - FAQ - Login
ExtraTorrent.cc is in compliance with copyrights
BitCoin: 12DiyqsWhENahDzdhdYsRrCw8FPQVcCkcm
Can't load ExtraTorrent? Try our official mirrors: etmirror.com - etproxy.com - extratorrentonline.com - extratorrentlive.com
2006-2017 ExtraTorrent.cc1