Well, after the F8 conference held recently, with some eye shooting and well descriptive features which explains the facebook's recent changes which doesn't meant anything but a un-organised changes to it's feature before. Now, everyone wants to try the new facebook timeline feature and see what it really going to offer. well, facebook don't want it's user to be hopeless, rather it is offering a developers version of facebook's timeline to be available for all the users for testing.
Yes, facebook will use the information collected during the developer mode and will fix and develop any loops before 9th september 2011. In other way facebook is using your help to make it more error free before the launch.
It is not officially offered or sponsered by facebook that everyone migrate to the timeline now. But they seems to make it available to the one who really want to test it and cant wait 8 more days.
Well, here is the steps you have to follow to get the timeline for your profile page (timeline won't work for other pages atm, it is only when facebook launches the timeline on 9th that everyone will have it)
go to https://developers.facebook.com/apps. it may ask you to login to your account to to enter your account password even if you are already logged in.
2. Now click on create new app at the right corner of the screen
3. A new popup will appear
enter any name in both input fields. press continue.
4. now click on "open graph" at the left sidebar
5. Now add some a string in the input fields in the next window. for e.g. - like - digitfreak
6. Press "get started"
7. Scroll Down the window and press "save changes and next"
8. Wait for few minutes and got to your facebook account. After few minutes facebook will offer to enable timeline and choose get started.