Hot torrents
H264 X264
View Torrent Info: Moana.2016.BluRay.1080p.DTS.AC3.x264-ETRG
View Torrent Info: Assassins.Creed.2016.BluRay.720p.DTS.AC3.x264-ETRG
View Torrent Info: From.a.House.on.Willow.Street.2016.720p.WEBRip.x264.AAC-ETRG
View Torrent Info: Hidden.Figures.2016.720p.BRRip.x264.AAC-ETRG
Hot torrents
BluRay, 4k UHD
View Torrent Info: Hunt for the WinderPeople 2016 Multi  Bluray 1080p x264 DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Bitter Harvest (Holodomor) - Bluray 1080p x264 DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Bad Santa-2 2016 Multi UHD 2160p BluRay HEVC SDR DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: The.Chamber.2016.BluRay.1080p.x264.DTSHD5.1-DDR
Hot torrents
Television
View Torrent Info: Samurai.Jack.S05E03.WEB-DL.x264-FUM[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Ghost.Adventures.S14E01.Stone.Lion.Inn.HDTV.x264-SPASM
View Torrent Info: The.Originals.S04E02.HDTV.x264-KILLERS[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Ransom.S01E11.HDTV.x264-KILLERS[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Ho Mann Jahaan (2016) TVRIP 1CDRIP x264 AAC [DDR]
View Torrent Info: Trapped (2017) DesiPDVD 1CDRIP x264 AAC [DDR]
View Torrent Info: Fantastic.Beasts.And.Where.To.Find.Them.(2016).1080p.BDRip.Dual.Audio.Org.BD.{Hindi.5.1 Eng.5.1}.-~{DOOMSDAY}~-
View Torrent Info: Moana.(2016).1080p.BDRip.Dual.Audio.Org.BD.{Hindi.5.1 Eng.5.1}.-~{DOOMSDAY}~-
30s
Chat
To add new messages please Login or Register for FREE
Warning! Use a VPN When Downloading Torrents!
Your IP Address is 54.157.226.227.   Location is United States
Your Internet Provider and Government can track your torrent activity!  Hide your IP ADDRESS with a VPN!
ExtraTorrent strongly recommends using Trust.Zone VPN to anonymize your torrenting. It's FREE!
Get VPN Now for FREE!

Buying DRMed content that stops working is fair!

Post a Reply    Subscribe to Topic    
AuthorMessage
SouLesS avatar
Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 14:32
Author: Blocked
Movie/record industry rep says that you shouldn't expect to be able to play your media for as long as you own it

Posted by Cory Doctorow, July 29, 2009 10:34 PM | permalink

Glyn sez, "Buying DRMed content, then having that content stop working later is fair writes Steven Metalitz, the lawyer who represents the MPAA, RIAA in a letter to the top legal advisor at the Copyright Office."

"We reject the view," he writes in a letter to the top legal advisor at the Copyright Office, "that copyright owners and their licensees are required to provide consumers with perpetual access to creative works. No other product or service providers are held to such lofty standards. No one expects computers or other electronics devices to work properly in perpetuity, and there is no reason that any particular mode of distributing copyrighted works should be required to do so."

This is, of course, true, but that doesn't make it any less weird. The only reason that such tracks are crippled after authentication servers go down is because of a system that was demanded by content owners and imposed on companies like Wal-Mart and Apple; buyers who grudgingly bought tracks online because it was easy accepted, but never desired the DRM. To simply say that they are "out of luck" because they used a system that the rightsholders demanded is the height of callousness to one's customers. While computers and electronics devices do break down over time, these music tracks were crippled by design.

I've got 78RPM records from my grandparents' basement that play just fine today -- and I've got Logo programs I wrote in 1979 that I can run today. I own a piano roll from 1903 that I can play back if I can clear the space for a player piano. I've got books printed in the 17th century that can still be read -- and if they can't be read, they can be scanned and the scans can be read. This is what an open format means.

It's hilarious that the same yahoos who argue for perpetual copyright (implying that copyrighted works have value forever) also argue for time-limited ownership (implying that people who buy copyrighted works should be content to enjoy them for a few weeks or years until the DRM stops working).

Remember: when you buy DRM, you really rent, until such time as the DRM company goes bust or changes its mind. When you buy DRM-free, you get something your great-grandkids can enjoy.

Big Content: ludicrous to expect DRMed music to work forever (Thanks, Glyn!)

http://www.boingboing.net/2009/07/29/movierecord-industry.html
No avatar
Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 16:13
Author: Blocked
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ratxv7huw69czl1d27f.jpg
abu0wbgps7crft3vj4uj.png
egmd1y01134v5kshjozf.jpg
dcqfz8p7gr1jwmz0tt1.jpg
qqqlrhmxz6hh6qwn67.gif

:mrgreen:

This is the kinda of typical harassment from mainstream corporate America that continues to explain why the United States has become the ULTIMATE FAIL. :? We sit and persecute other forms of government because we do not see it as "free enterprise", yet amazingly this nation with it's media control and propaganda machine have fallen from a world power to a world front for jibberish. Shockingly enough, I notice that when you PURCHASE a DVD etc in stores, you get A WARNING FOR ANTI PIRACY AT THE BEGINNING OF IT, BEFORE ANY PREVIEWS, ANYTHING, but didn't you PURCHASE it? WTF. The utter disrespect toward they buyers is amazing, and the lack of (or silenced) outbursts at these type of politically motivated schemes, completely amazes me. Just another *back side of their hands to our heads* while at the same time, they want us to BUY their trash. WTF? You pay for something, and you're treated as if you're a child, a puppet, a PAWN, and forced to have this anti-piracy ads or methods shoved down your throat. Yet they still have not realized maybe their ignorant attempts to insult those who actually do BUY their material, could possibly be one of the many reasons that their sales have dropped in recent years. (The other reason being that the majority of the CRAP that comes out of hollywood is as entertaining as watching an ant fry under a magnifying glass in the sun, its enjoyable for a few moments, but you damn sure would not pay for it :lol: ) DRM protected files are another joke, so say, I go out, spend the $59.95 on a great new gaming title, and I put it on my laptop, put it on my PC, and want to install it at work too (for when the boss is not looking :wink: ) UH OH!!! I've reached my limit on the amount of times I can install this software, so now the disc I paid for is nothing more than a coaster for me to put my IMPORTED beer on, and wipe my ass with. Say I crashed my PC, or needed to re-format, UH OH! Now I have to go to EA games (example) and get their, yes THEIR permission and a new install key to play the game I already PURCHASED!!! This royally pisses me off. Did I not waste money on this trash? No in fact I did not, because DRM protected materials belongs in ONE PLACE and ONE PLACE alone, a landfill with other unwanted pieces of trash :arrow: :mrgreen: That's just my take on DRM :D :!:

Post a Reply    

Forum Search

search in post message
  search in topic subject
Forum

Home - Browse Torrents - Upload Torrent - Stat - Forum - FAQ - Login
ExtraTorrent.cc is in compliance with copyrights
BitCoin: 12DiyqsWhENahDzdhdYsRrCw8FPQVcCkcm
Can't load ExtraTorrent? Try our official mirrors: etmirror.com - etproxy.com - extratorrentonline.com - extratorrentlive.com
2006-2017 ExtraTorrent.cc2