View Torrent Info: Underworld - Blood.Wars.2016.BluRay.720p.DTS.AC3.x264-ETRG
View Torrent Info: Cars.2006.720p.BluRay.x264.AAC-ETRG
View Torrent Info: Sing.2016.BluRay.720p.DTS.AC3.x264-ETRG
Hot torrents
BluRay, 4k UHD
View Torrent Info: Vengeance A Love Story 2017 BluRay 1080p x264 DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Monster.Trucks.2016.1080p.BluRay.x264-DRONES[EtHD]
View Torrent Info: Hidden Figures 2016 Multi 1080p BluRay x264 DTSHD 7.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Passengers 2016 Multi UHD BluRay 2160p HEVC HDR10 DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
Hot torrents
Television
View Torrent Info: Arrow.S05E18.HDTV.x264-LOL[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Survivor.S34E04.HDTV.x264-CROOKS[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Blindspot.S02E17.HDTV.x264-LOL[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Designated.Survivor.S01E14.HDTV.x264-LOL[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Happy New Year 2014 HQ 1080p BluRay x264 DTSHD 5.1 ESub -DDR
View Torrent Info: Hidden Figures 2016 1080p HDLight Urdu DDS 5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Ambuli (2012) x264 720p HDRiP {Dual Audio} [Hindi ORG DD 2.0   Telugu 2.0] Exclusive By DREDD
View Torrent Info: Running Shaadi (2017) DVDRIP 1CDRIP x264 AAC ESub [DDR]
30s
Chat
To add new messages please Login or Register for FREE
Warning! Use a VPN When Downloading Torrents!
Your IP Address is 54.205.15.219.   Location is United States
Your Internet Provider and Government can track your torrent activity!  Hide your IP ADDRESS with a VPN!
ExtraTorrent strongly recommends using Trust.Zone VPN to anonymize your torrenting. It's FREE!
Get VPN Now for FREE!

Report: Xbox 360 Failure Rate Reaches 54%

Post a Reply    Subscribe to Topic    
AuthorMessage
SouLesS avatar
Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 00:16
Author: Blocked
Report: Xbox 360 Failure Rate Reaches 54%

New survey says Microsoft's Red Ring of Death contines to rise.
by Jim Reilly

August 17, 2009 - If your Xbox 360 hasn't broken down yet or suffered from the dreaded red ring of death, then consider yourself pretty lucky.

A new survey published in Game Informer's print edition indicates the Xbox 360 failure rate has climbed to a shocking 54.2%. The magazine surveyed nearly 5000 readers, asking them about their experience dealing with broken consoles.

Here are their findings:

Console failure rate

Xbox 360 ? 54.2%
Playstation 3 ? 10.6%
Wii ? 6.8%

Percentage of console owners who suffered a second hardware failure after the original repair.

Xbox 360 ? 41.2%
Playstation 3 ? 14.7%
Wii ? 11%

Percentage of people who rate their customer service experience "very helpful"

Nintendo ? 56.1%
Sony ? 51.1%
Microsoft ? 37.7%

Percentage of respondents whose friends have had console hardware failures.

Xbox 360 ? 69.9%
Playstation 3 ? 12.4%
Wii ? 6%

The magazine also makes a few notes about their results:

The reason the Wii has the lowest hardware failure rate could be because console is played the least of the three. 41.4% of Wii owners surveyed said they play the console less than one hour a day, meanwhile the majority of Xbox 360 (40.3%) and Playstation 3 (37%) owners say they play their console on an average of three to five hours day.

Also, only 3.8% of respondents said they'd never buy another Xbox system because of the failure rates.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/101/1014486p1.html
JorgeMontana avatar
Posted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 07:15
Author:
I actually thought it would be higher.lol
Eck0 avatar
Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 00:45
Author:
I bought my Xbox 360 earlier this year w/ 3 friends @ the same time...out of the 4, I'm the only one who didn't have issues...I consider myself really lucky.

I agree w/ JorgeMontana, I thought it would've been higher...good post.
JorgeMontana avatar
Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 01:12
Author:
watch out ecko you just cursed your xbox
mEtH avatar
Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 01:22
Author:
I sold my 360 about 3 months ago so I could get a PS3, the person that bought my 360 told me that 2 months after buying it they got the red ring.
Damn I am glad I got rid of it.

Thanks for the info Souless
Boxley avatar
Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 13:30
Author:
I'm on my fourth XBOX 360, first one died, second one was stolen, third one died and took Halo 3 with it, but the forth one is doing OK so far... Should this one break though, I'd be switching to PS3 for sure, for a corporation as big as Microsoft to make such a faulty product amazes me especially when they've had 4 years to fix it but clearly haven’t even tried.
No avatar
Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 13:42
Author: Blocked
Xbox 360 Still Totally Rocks.

All the current consoles kick major ass.

It just comes with the trade though now. Also about these "statistics" they never show evidence to support it.

Such as: "How long did the "failed" Xbox 360's survive before they had issues?"

"Were they played 23 hours a day, constantly downloading Map Packs, and playing on Xbox Live?"

I think these are important factors that they leave out.

The fact is, you play a game online on the Ps3 (which I also own) then you get bored after 2 hours and don't wanna play online anymore. So they do NOT get played as much online. That's a fact. 360 STILL has more online players than the Ps3, and they PAY to PLAY. That's dedication.

Why? The 360 has ACHIEVEMENTS, a competitive "Instant Messenger" service, an easily accessible friends list, a variety of "DashBoard" launchpads, such as downloading trailers, demos, playing arcade games, jumping INSTANTLY into an online match in a card game, just the variety is endless. The custom user created gamertags/avatars/ and social networking combined in the Xbox Live experience is far beyond what the Ps3 or the Wii have been able to do for an ONLINE EXPERIENCE.

It's still as if now, that everything Sony or Nintendo tries to do to boost their online play, that Microsoft is ten steps ahead of them.

While the Wii sold the most consoles, it also was at a cheaper cost. Beyond that users had to buy specific devices for specific games, and that became a problem for both the customers and the retails to have that particular "gun scope" or "accessory" in stock at that particular time.

The Xbox has reached an amazing fanbase of a new ONLINE frontier in console gaming. Now they're nearly ready to release Project Natal, which could be the most groundbreaking method of gaming in general, that the Wii nunchuk will seem like an antique outdated by twenty years.

Revolution has come in gaming because of Microsoft, and the exciting thing is, their next console will be out before Ps3 every finishes the blueprints for their next gen console. Microsoft is in a firm spot and has the right financial powers to put everyone out of business.

Only time will tell, but one cannot claim that they the Xbox systems "fail" randomly or short-lived without considering the factors that each individual gamer puts his console through.
Boxley avatar
Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 14:09
Author:
xxxOBSCENExxx wrote:

It just comes with the trade though now. Also about these "statistics" they never show evidence to support it.

Such as: "How long did the "failed" Xbox 360's survive before they had issues?"

"Were they played 23 hours a day, constantly downloading Map Packs, and playing on Xbox Live?"

I think these are important factors that they leave out.

I agree with you completely on this, however, the fact still remains that the XBOX 360 does have a higher failure rate. I do still consider it to be the best console out there, the entire system is a brilliant innovation and Microsoft are deserving of much credit, I personally prefer the selection of games on 360.
xxxOBSCENExxx wrote:
The fact is, you play a game online on the Ps3 (which I also own) then you get bored after 2 hours and don't wanna play online anymore. So they do NOT get played as much online. That's a fact. 360 STILL has more online players than the Ps3, and they PAY to PLAY. That's dedication.

The only game I have played online on the PS3 in Modern Warfare 2 which I have also played online on 360 and I found them to both be just as good, but online being free on PS3 is a huge benefit in my opinion.
xxxOBSCENExxx wrote:
Only time will tell, but one cannot claim that they the Xbox systems "fail" randomly or short-lived without considering the factors that each individual gamer puts his console through.

This is true and the 360 has been out longer and costs much less than the PS3 but from my personal experience the reliability of the XBOX 360 is inadequate. When you buy the console you expect to be able to play it as much as you want without worrying about if its going to die on you. I wouldn’t say that it is short lived, just that it has a higher possibility of breaking than it's competitors, which I don’t believe can be disputed.
JorgeMontana avatar
Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 19:16
Author:
well my xbox wont read disks anymore that means it broke down twice in two year shit right when mass effect 2 is coming out.debating fixing or buying a new one.

Post a Reply    

Forum Search

search in post message
  search in topic subject
Forum

Home - Browse Torrents - Upload Torrent - Stat - Forum - FAQ - Login
ExtraTorrent.cc is in compliance with copyrights
BitCoin: 12DiyqsWhENahDzdhdYsRrCw8FPQVcCkcm
Can't load ExtraTorrent? Try our official mirrors: etmirror.com - etproxy.com - extratorrentonline.com - extratorrentlive.com
2006-2017 ExtraTorrent.cc6