H264 X264
View Torrent Info: The.Matchbreaker.2016.720p.BRRip.x264.AAC-ETRG
View Torrent Info: Underworld - Blood.Wars.2016.BluRay.720p.DTS.AC3.x264-ETRG
View Torrent Info: Cars.2006.720p.BluRay.x264.AAC-ETRG
View Torrent Info: Sing.2016.BluRay.720p.DTS.AC3.x264-ETRG
Hot torrents
BluRay, 4k UHD
View Torrent Info: Hidden Figures 2016 Multi 1080p BluRay x264 DTSHD 7.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Passengers 2016 Multi UHD BluRay 2160p HEVC HDR10 DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Dont Kill It 2016 BluRay 1080p x264 DTSHD5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Warriors Gate 2016 1080p Bluray x264 DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
Hot torrents
Television
View Torrent Info: DCs.Legends.of.Tomorrow.S02E16.HDTV.x264-LOL[ettv]
View Torrent Info: The.Flash.2014.S03E18.HDTV.x264-LOL[ettv]
View Torrent Info: NCIS.S14E19.HDTV.x264-LOL[ettv]
View Torrent Info: NCIS.New.Orleans.S03E19.HDTV.x264-KILLERS[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Ambuli (2012) x264 720p HDRiP {Dual Audio} [Hindi ORG DD 2.0   Telugu 2.0] Exclusive By DREDD
View Torrent Info: Running Shaadi (2017) DVDRIP 1CDRIP x264 AAC ESub [DDR]
View Torrent Info: Kaaval (2015) 720p UNCUT HDRip x264 Eng Subs [Dual Audio] [Hindi DD 2.0 - Tamil 2.0] Exclusive By -=!Dr.STAR!=-
View Torrent Info: Hidden.Figures.2016.1080p.BRRip.x264.Turkish.AC3-ETRG
30s
Chat
To add new messages please Login or Register for FREE
Warning! Use a VPN When Downloading Torrents!
Your IP Address is 54.166.82.161.   Location is United States
Your Internet Provider and Government can track your torrent activity!  Hide your IP ADDRESS with a VPN!
ExtraTorrent strongly recommends using Trust.Zone VPN to anonymize your torrenting. It's FREE!
Get VPN Now for FREE!

some Rules need to be modified

Post a Reply    Subscribe to Topic    
1, 2  [Next]
Page 1 of 2   [ 25 posts ]
AuthorMessage
SaM avatar
Posted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 03:23
Author:
SaM
hello all..
i have been going through many things in the site and thought i would start this topic where we search for loopholes in our rules and do correct it so that the system doesnt allow others to beat using us and our tools as admins...
if any one has any ideas or thought to put in here please go a head and let the admin (boss) look at it and add it to admin and site rules if they r cool!!!!

i will start with what i have in mind here....
1st issue:
trusted status:
i have gone through many occassions where i have noticed that some members been getting trusted uploader status when they r not yet or not at all deserving it...
well.. we know as we have fans and loyal members of ET we also have enemies...and this tool can be used against us if we dont use it wisely...
i have seen many of those which r either turn bad or can be in the future as we dont know...and a fresh example today made me decide to post this topic..
a new member who created account on 3 nov has posted 33 torrents...and by the time i am writting this its 34 torrents..the contents size ranging from 7 to 50 mb whch means that he has got not over 1 gb of torrents uploaded...in less than 15 days..and he has been granted a trusted status by an admin who is following the rules told to him(which r not mentioned actually)...
well my prospective is that if i was an enemy of ET and wants to screw up with site or members i can easily do that...
upload some pics of small size and once i reach 25 torrents..voila i become trusted...which means ET members can download my shit blindly..and then i can put any thing i want in torrents...and once users screwed their brains screwed as well and they feel that ET is not the place to be any more...!!!!!!

i pm'ed the admin about it and he said that last time he checked the rule said 25 torrents or 15 gb which ever comes first ....
i dont blame him or any other admin..even though as i said i havent seen that rule..i heard it my self (advertsing by mouth or door to door )

:D
isnt that bad for business in here???
are'nt we suppose to change this???
personally once i got screwed for followin the rules and been critisised by members for warning an AA when i was techinically right i stopped following the rules written...even though i am wonderring now a days AA's r warned and banned (no offense to admins) but no one says a thing about it..
any ways what i said that i follow my rule...which is (do what is good for the site)and saftey and secruity is more for me than brining new members..cuz if i cant make my site a safe place it wont be a safe place for new memebrs..it wont be the place to be..
i personally suggest that upload of 25 torrents should be scarbbed...size should be one of the critireas...but the main thing is time...
a member of 15 days old get s trusted status...not seen around much..not written a single comments on torrents...and has 10 points of welcome reviews....
a time frame should be fixed in here as well....if there is a possible threat of this we should do things to avoid it...

and admins old/new and aa's should always be asked to vsisit the forum and read the rules....
they should always be reminded becuase some of them (most of them) never read a thing about rules and never visited the forum...

also some of them dont know what exactly their jobs as admins...and they think admins is all about deleting dead torrents(that also i have noticed many deleted torrents r not realy dead)
just some down trackers and they dont check the torrent actullay before deleting...

well by the time i finished this issue i forgot the second one..but i will add it later once i remember

i hope this will get a positive response and guys please put any thing u have in mind here and let's decide what important rules should be modified or added for the sake of our home ET
Painless avatar
Posted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 03:55
Author: Xbox
Sam i just follow, who ever does these made up rules, like a few people say in ET, different rules for admins or different rules everyday, i got told we give them the green icon when they get to 25 plus torrents, but i don't really wanna say anythink, as its just going to start a fight, and we will all leave ET again lol............ for Painless i have allways been in the background, i allways go along with others, and thats what am like in real life...... Painless :cry: :cry:
No avatar
Posted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:11
Author: Blocked
Quote:
a new member who created account on 3 nov has posted 33 torrents...and by the time i am writting this its 34 torrents..the contents size ranging from 7 to 50 mb whch means that he has got not over 1 gb of torrents uploaded...in less than 15 days..and he has been granted a trusted status by an admin who is following the rules told to him(which r not mentioned actually)...
well my prospective is that if i was an enemy of ET and wants to screw up with site or members i can easily do that...
upload some pics of small size and once i reach 25 torrents..voila i become trusted...which means ET members can download my shit blindly..and then i can put any thing i want in torrents...and once users screwed their brains screwed as well and they feel that ET is not the place to be any more...!!!!!!
i pm'ed the admin about it and he said that last time he checked the rule said 25 torrents or 15 gb which ever comes first ....
i dont blame him or any other admin..even though as i said i havent seen that rule..i heard it my self (advertsing by mouth or door to door )

Agreed we hand out trusted status like a reward here. The fact is, there is no real standard or rules. We've all "made up" our own guidelines for it, but as SaM has said, it's not always beneficial. I have my own little method I use, 23 torrents / 15 GB of upload = Trusted. Depends more on what they release, reputation as well. I mean we have some great encoder come to ET sure they get treated a little more respectively. That's just how it works. But yes we need to all set up new standards and guidelines I agree. Seems when I say this type of stuff though that I am considered as "Going Rogue" as an Admin lmao. So What does everyone else think? Good post too SaM thanks.
No avatar
Posted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:15
Quote:
isnt that bad for business in here???
are'nt we suppose to change this???
personally once i got screwed for followin the rules and been critisised by members for warning an AA when i was techinically right i stopped following the rules written...even though i am wonderring now a days AA's r warned and banned (no offense to admins) but no one says a thing about it..
any ways what i said that i follow my rule...which is (do what is good for the site)and saftey and secruity is more for me than brining new members..cuz if i cant make my site a safe place it wont be a safe place for new memebrs..it wont be the place to be..

Yeah. Too many AA's, some are assholes, some go nuts, some flip out. Lol. Easiest way to put it. If an admin hands down an action upon another AA then I support the admin. The admins are suppose to be the enforcement and ones whom we can trust. So yes SaM if you leave an AA a warning or review the other admins need to back off you. You are acting in your best judgment, same goes for all Admins. :)
No avatar
Posted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:16
Code:

Indeed keep in mind what's best for ET not any one individual that's how we have to be sir nice quote.
Painless avatar
Posted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 15:53
Quote:
Yeah. Too many AA's, some are assholes, some go nuts, some flip out. Lol

LOL I like that :lol:
SaM avatar
Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 01:18
Author:
SaM
herr r some fresh examples of members that i see shouldnt get trsted status this fast
http://extratorrent.cc/profile/sunl/
http://extratorrent.cc/profile/unt0uchable1/
No avatar
Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 05:35
Quote:
You are acting in your best judgment, same goes for all Admins
only there is if do it you might end up getting shit for it ect you know what i mean i have been saying this for a long time now ppl make up there rules and we cant have that rules are the same no matter if aa superadmin ect. when i said stop making own rules ppl said we dont now the truth came out :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: and mod team need to stop giving out trusted ect like candy in the kindergarden ppl should earn them like every other did :mrgreen:
No avatar
Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:08
Quote:
only there is if do it you might end up getting shit for it ect you know what i mean i have been saying this for a long time now ppl make up there rules and we cant have that rules are the same no matter if aa superadmin ect. when i said stop making own rules ppl said we dont now the truth came out :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: and mod team need to stop giving out trusted ect like candy in the kindergarden ppl should earn them like every other did

Hell yeah I had almost 80 torrents before I ever got trusted lmao... ALL movies 700mb-3gb lol
SaM avatar
Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 19:10
Author:
SaM
i have a new suggestion to add up to this as well...
some thing else

what if admin give the facility of sending mass pm to all member to our SA's???
where they can deliver any messages pertaining to rules and change in rules etc to all members with no exception..
most of members dont read forum and site rules..
so whenever we come up with new rule the same is to be addressed to all members via pm ...
this practice been used by many pvt sites i have noticed and we dont have it...

if any one with me in this please do approve and let us ask admin to imply new rules and give facility of mass pm so that it can be delivered to every one...
and can you please help me with any new ideas which we can add up to so that we can give a bunch of new requests to admin
:idea:
Painless avatar
Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 19:37
Thats a YES from Painless, SaM :D :D :D
No avatar
Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 22:38
Quote:
i have a new suggestion to add up to this as well...
some thing else

what if admin give the facility of sending mass pm to all member to our SA's???
where they can deliver any messages pertaining to rules and change in rules etc to all members with no exception..
most of members dont read forum and site rules..
so whenever we come up with new rule the same is to be addressed to all members via pm ...
this practice been used by many pvt sites i have noticed and we dont have it...

if any one with me in this please do approve and let us ask admin to imply new rules and give facility of mass pm so that it can be delivered to every one...
and can you please help me with any new ideas which we can add up to so that we can give a bunch of new requests to admin
sam where have you been all my life :D yes yes yes yes yes makes life more easy
SaM avatar
Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 02:45
Author:
SaM
here a fresh example why there should be a strict rule for trusted status...
http://extratorrent.cc/profile/bigimac/
Account Created: 2009-11-16 19:37:27
Statuses added: Site Friend 2009-11-16 19:37:55
Statuses added: Trusted Uploader 2009-11-16 19:38:08
Statuses added: Superman 2009-11-16 19:38:17

what else..!!!
he has 0 torrents...

if you guys see that my topic is not important please advise so i cant stop whining..:)
No avatar
Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 03:01
Quote:
here a fresh example why there should be a strict rule for trusted status...
http://extratorrent.cc/profile/bigimac/
Account Created: 2009-11-16 19:37:27
Statuses added: Site Friend 2009-11-16 19:37:55
Statuses added: Trusted Uploader 2009-11-16 19:38:08
Statuses added: Superman 2009-11-16 19:38:17

what else..!!!
he has 0 torrents...

if you guys see that my topic is not important please advise so i cant stop whining

imo its not whining its the truth and i can see your point and ill bag you all hte way rules are for all no matter the irl friends i have told about ET have no icon ect

but then maby this end up to be a whining post
ihatespys avatar
Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 23:41
Author:
Ya I am newish to this site, came in somewhere in October. I am slowly learning the encoding/ripping my own dvd's I only got 4torrents up and still just got a little turtle icon. I am happy with it because eventually I will become better and known. And thanks to Obscene for the seedbox help and all other stuff :)

Now playing: Hatebreed - As Damaged As Me
via FoxyTunes
1, 2  [Next]
Page 1 of 2   [ 25 posts ]

Post a Reply    

Forum Search

search in post message
  search in topic subject
Forum

Home - Browse Torrents - Upload Torrent - Stat - Forum - FAQ - Login
ExtraTorrent.cc is in compliance with copyrights
BitCoin: 12DiyqsWhENahDzdhdYsRrCw8FPQVcCkcm
Can't load ExtraTorrent? Try our official mirrors: etmirror.com - etproxy.com - extratorrentonline.com - extratorrentlive.com
2006-2017 ExtraTorrent.cc2