View Torrent Info: Vengeance.A.Love.Story.2017.720p.BRRip.x264.AAC-ETRG
View Torrent Info: Moana.2016.BluRay.1080p.DTS.AC3.x264-ETRG
View Torrent Info: Assassins.Creed.2016.BluRay.720p.DTS.AC3.x264-ETRG
View Torrent Info: From.a.House.on.Willow.Street.2016.720p.WEBRip.x264.AAC-ETRG
Hot torrents
BluRay, 4k UHD
View Torrent Info: Dont Kill It 2016 BluRay 1080p x264 DTSHD5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Warriors Gate 2016 1080p Bluray x264 DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Hunt for the WinderPeople 2016 Multi  Bluray 1080p x264 DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Bitter Harvest (Holodomor) - Bluray 1080p x264 DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
Hot torrents
Television
View Torrent Info: The.Walking.Dead.S07E15.WEB-DL.x264-FUM[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Into.the.Badlands.S02E02.WEB-DL.x264-FUM[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Time.After.Time.US.S01E05.HDTV.x264-LOL[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Elementary.S05E18.HDTV.x264-LOL[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Yo-Kai Watch Movie (2014) x264 720p BluRay {Dual Audio} [Hindi ORG DD 2.0   Japanese 5.1] Exclusive By DREDD
View Torrent Info: Dil To Pagal Hai 1997 BluRay 1080P x264 DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Ho Mann Jahaan (2016) TVRIP 1CDRIP x264 AAC [DDR]
View Torrent Info: Trapped (2017) DesiPDVD 1CDRIP x264 AAC [DDR]
30s
Chat
To add new messages please Login or Register for FREE
Warning! Protect Yourself from Lawsuits and Fines!
Your IP Address is 54.145.183.43.   Location is United States
Your IP Address is visible to EVERYONE. Hide your IP ADDRESS with a VPN while torrenting!
ExtraTorrent strongly recommends using Trust.Zone VPN to anonymize your torrenting. It's FREE!
Hide my IP address!

Need Tech Help

Post a Reply    Subscribe to Topic    
AuthorMessage
Deamastad avatar
Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 01:57
Author:
My buddy had a computer with a "counterfeit" version of windows on it and kept restarting and messing up on him. I could not get an activator to work on it so I tried to install an active copy of windows on it. After the install completed it finalized and restarted. I then got the message BOOTMGR is missing Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart. I do this and the same thing over and over. wouldn't boot from cd either. had to change bios to boot cd first and cd booted fine. Install windows again hoping it glitched. Still same problem. I then tried a recovery CD to repair the start up and it said there were no problems found. Still same problem. How can i get the BOOTMGR back on the comp when I can't access windows? I can get to MS DOS promt with recovery. I assume this is where i would have to fix it but I haven't been in DOS in 12-14 years. How would I go about this and how do I get a BOOTMRG? is it based on your operating system? is it based on you HD itself? I went to school for TV production and learned much above editing movies but not how to fix a f*cked computer.(Infact I know very little about this subject) Please help me if you know what I should do.
aSBo avatar
Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 02:24
Author: Site FriendKitty
I have to presume that when you tried to reinstall your friends PC when prompted for the path to install Windows too that you picked C: & just chose the option of a simple format on the partition. Please try booting with the the Windows CD/DVD & choose the option to delete the partition then do a full format. This will remove and corrupt information from the drives master boot record (MBR). If this fails the next step is to connect the HD to a working PC & install Paragon Partition Manager v10.0 on it. That will give you a much better graphical representation of the drive map. I think you will see that the existing partition is not set "active" which is a best case scenario to be honest. Paragon has some great low level options too but you should not need to use them. Also for best practice be sure to replace any SATA leads (mentioned previously) my PC is never off & mine suffer heat damage over time.

If needed let me know I will upload Paragon somewhere or another for you.

Good Luck m8

Chris
Dirk_Diggler avatar
Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 08:31
Author:
Sounds like Asbo knows what he is talkin bout..But if not I was tryin to help someone online with very similar issues and the conclusion was he reformatted his hard drive, thats bad apparently,lol.. He had 2 re-install from a disc the original software of the PC,then download all the drivers ect from whatever motherboard...and then he was able get windows 7 loaded.

Deamastad avatar
Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 14:13
Author:
when posting reply you will see 2hmidcdi5mof2xyk3lfd.png first for you tube link, second for image, third for live link.
ic3m4l3 avatar
Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 18:57
Author:
thats relly weird every time i do a reformat i simply put my win 7 disc in the drive boot and away you go??maybe coz i do a qwik format coz thats the format win7 boot does strange all the same but yeh once install not 1 driver is needed.
aSBo avatar
Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 03:19
what is not being mentioned in this post is the presence in the boot block of a pirated boot loader. that`s what i based my advise on and recommendations on. i have been there done it several times with this in the past. both for customers & for my own second pc.

chris
Deamastad avatar
Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 03:49
Author:
aSBo wrote:
what is not being mentioned in this post is the presence in the boot block of a pirated boot loader.
chris

Please explain this? Dont know much about this stuff.
aSBo avatar
Posted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 00:31
Sorry I have taken a while retuning to your thread Deama I assumed it would be done. When you apply a boot loader to a pirate Windows it writes itself to the HD bootblock & emulates the bios from a specified manufacturer. These manufacturers pay Microsoft for OEM licensing so once in Windows it is emulated as extended SMBIOS info in device manager. All you need to do is get your friends drive working is follow the steps mentioned. If an fdisk & re-prep of the drive fails get back to me via PM I have a list of further ways to approach this problem if my previous advise fails to work.

Good luck bruv :) Chris

Post a Reply    

Forum Search

search in post message
  search in topic subject
Forum

Home - Browse Torrents - Upload Torrent - Stat - Forum - FAQ - Login
ExtraTorrent.cc is in compliance with copyrights
BitCoin: 12DiyqsWhENahDzdhdYsRrCw8FPQVcCkcm
Can't load ExtraTorrent? Try our official mirrors: etmirror.com - etproxy.com - extratorrentonline.com - extratorrentlive.com
2006-2017 ExtraTorrent.cc1