Encoder From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia the original source can be found here.
An encoder is a device, circuit, transducer, software program, algorithm or person that converts information from one format or code to another, for the purposes of standardization, speed, secrecy, security, or saving space by shrinking size.
Software for encoding audio, video, text into standardized formats:
* A compressor encodes data (e.g., audio/video/images) into a smaller form (See codec.)
* An audio encoder may be capable of capturing, compressing and converting audio
* A video encoder may be capable of capturing, compressing and converting audio/video
* An email encoder secures online email addresses from email harvesters
* A PHTML encoder preserves script code logic in a secure format that is transparent to visitors on a web site
* A multiplexer combines multiple inputs into one output.