Hot torrents
H264 X264
View Torrent Info: Hidden.Figures.2016.720p.BRRip.x264.AAC-ETRG
View Torrent Info: Split.2016.FULL.NEW.SOURCE.1080p.HC.HDTV.x264.AAC-SHOWSCEN
View Torrent Info: Paterson.2016.720p.BRRip.x264.AAC-ETRG
View Torrent Info: Dont.Kill.It.2016.720p.BRRip.x264.AAC-ETRG
Hot torrents
BluRay, 4k UHD
View Torrent Info: Gladiator 2000 Paramount Re-Issue Blu-ray 1080p x264 DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Resident Evil The Final Chapter 2016 Multi 1080pBluRay x264 DTSHD 7.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Hidden.Figures.2016.1080p.BluRay.x264-GECKOS[EtHD]
View Torrent Info: Sin City 2005 1080p BluRay x264 DTSHD 7.1 Subs -DDR
Hot torrents
Television
View Torrent Info: The.Blacklist.Redemption.S01E05.HDTV.x264-KILLERS[ettv]
View Torrent Info: The.Last.Kingdom.S02E02.HDTV.x264-MTB[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Greys.Anatomy.S13E17.HDTV.x264-LOL[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Arrow.S05E17.HDTV.x264-LOL[ettv]
View Torrent Info: The Salesman (Forushande) 2016 Multi 1080p Blu-ray x264 DTSHD 5.1 MSubs-DDR
View Torrent Info: GANTZ:0 2016 BluRay 1080p x264 JPN DTSHD 5.1 ESub-DDR
View Torrent Info: Pandora.2016.HDRip.XviD.AC3-EVO
View Torrent Info: Hidden Figures (2016) 720p BRRip Hindi DD 5.1Ch - Eng DD 5.1Ch ~ PyZ
30s
Chat
To add new messages please Login or Register for FREE
Warning! Use a VPN When Downloading Torrents!
Your IP Address is 54.146.135.173.   Location is United States
Your Internet Provider and Government can track your torrent activity!  Hide your IP ADDRESS with a VPN!
ExtraTorrent strongly recommends using Trust.Zone VPN to anonymize your torrenting. It's FREE!
Get VPN Now for FREE!

Strange behavior when downloading torrent

Post a Reply    Subscribe to Topic    
AuthorMessage
GMD avatar
Posted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 01:17
Author:
Hi

I am downloading a torrent at the moment, the torrent is not from Extratorrent (sorry but its a wii game thats not on this server),
however my question.

When downloading I am connected to a seeder and this seeder is giving me some really good speed at the moment but it shows that I am uploading to him at quite a good speed also. Is this normal? Ive been using torrents for a couple of years now and I have never noticed this before.

I'm using uTorrent 2.0 if this helps.

Sorry if this is a stupid question but it never hurts to be safe.

Thanks in advance
~GMD~
Dirk_Diggler avatar
Posted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 01:42
Author:
GMD wrote:
Hi

I am downloading a torrent at the moment, the torrent is not from Extratorrent (sorry but its a wii game thats not on this server),
however my question.

When downloading I am connected to a seeder and this seeder is giving me some really good speed at the moment but it shows that I am uploading to him at quite a good speed also. Is this normal? Ive been using torrents for a couple of years now and I have never noticed this before.

Thanks in advance
~GMD~

It depends on how many are downloading..
If 2 people are seeding(uploading) to 10 people(downloading)
than as you download you will also upload @ higher speeds.

if your the only downloader than you wont even be uploading!

Its all about supply and demand! :)
GMD avatar
Posted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 01:53
Author:
Thanks for your reply but maybe I didnt explain properly.
When looking in the peers tab in utorrent i see many people that in downloading or uploading to. Im mainly uploading to a client that has 100%.
Obviously said client has all the data it needs anyway but a good sizable chunk of my upload speed is going to him.

I been having a good think on this, is this just my client sending its requests and responses? and the reason my upload to him is quite high is due to the fast speeds that im getting from him that i have to request more from him than usual?

thanks again
~GMD~
Dirk_Diggler avatar
Posted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 02:05
Author:
Yea sounds like your on the right path. perhaps you have greater speed than the seeder or perhaps their is a problem with the original seeders client...If its only like that on this torrent I would seriously look at the source. Are you sure its real, or maybe even just a problem with the torrent!
GMD avatar
Posted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:17
Author:
Game downloaded fine and works like the rest of them.
Ill keep a lookout to see if it happens again but I guess this is just something normal that I aint noticed before.
thanks
~GMD~
No avatar
Posted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 14:19
Author: Blocked
GMD wrote:
Hi

however my question.

Thanks in advance
~GMD~

A few things that I need to clarify here for you sir.

One, there are NO copyrighted files on our servers. NONE.

Two, when you're "uploading" back while "downloading", you're not uploading to the seeder. That in fact makes no sense. You're uploading back to the other peers who'm also are leeching onto the torrent. Speed would totally depends on a combination of things regarding what you're uploading back. One of the factors would be, of course, your maximum upload speed. While downloading, and uploading, of course you will not reach your maximum speed for either, because you are doing both. Another factor would be the speed of the peers which you are connected to (leechers), and how many of them you are connected to.

Another key piece of information for you is this, in any uTorrent build above 1.7.7 they've implemented a script into the software called the "anti-leech" code. What this means, is if you choose to limit your upload speed while downloading, there is a script which is written in that will automatically slow or decrease your download speed too. This is what I call, fascism. :)

The best thing you can do, is drop uTorrent 2.0 completely. Newer does not always mean better, remember that. This is a tried and tested statement, which is completely factual. What you need, is the greatest uTorrent ever wrote, uTorrent 1.6 , so here it is, if you want to come to terms with reality (lol). http://www.oldversion.com/download_uTorrent_1.6.html enjoy :)

OBSCENE
GMD avatar
Posted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 20:27
Author:
Thanks for the info OBSCENE very helpful

I would never suggest that copyrighted material would be held on these servers just simple .torrent files, I fear I may of unintentionally implied such and offer my appologies.

I have downloaded uTorrent 1.6 and ill give it a go. uTorrent 2.0 has a transfer cap ability that I really quite like at the moment but if my speeds do improve using 1.6 I may have to lose a feature to gain a little speed.

Many thanks
~GMD~

Post a Reply    

Forum Search

search in post message
  search in topic subject
Forum

Home - Browse Torrents - Upload Torrent - Stat - Forum - FAQ - Login
ExtraTorrent.cc is in compliance with copyrights
BitCoin: 12DiyqsWhENahDzdhdYsRrCw8FPQVcCkcm
Can't load ExtraTorrent? Try our official mirrors: etmirror.com - etproxy.com - extratorrentonline.com - extratorrentlive.com
2006-2017 ExtraTorrent.cc2