Hot torrents
H264 X264
View Torrent Info: Moana.2016.BluRay.1080p.DTS.AC3.x264-ETRG
View Torrent Info: Assassins.Creed.2016.BluRay.720p.DTS.AC3.x264-ETRG
View Torrent Info: From.a.House.on.Willow.Street.2016.720p.WEBRip.x264.AAC-ETRG
View Torrent Info: Hidden.Figures.2016.720p.BRRip.x264.AAC-ETRG
Hot torrents
BluRay, 4k UHD
View Torrent Info: Bad Santa-2 2016 Multi UHD 2160p BluRay HEVC HDR DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: The.Chamber.2016.BluRay.1080p.x264.DTSHD5.1-DDR
View Torrent Info: Gladiator 2000 Paramount Re-Issue Blu-ray 1080p x264 DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Resident Evil The Final Chapter 2016 Multi 1080pBluRay x264 DTSHD 7.1 -DDR
Hot torrents
Television
View Torrent Info: Samurai.Jack.S05E03.WEB-DL.x264-FUM[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Ghost.Adventures.S14E01.Stone.Lion.Inn.HDTV.x264-SPASM
View Torrent Info: The.Originals.S04E02.HDTV.x264-KILLERS[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Ransom.S01E11.HDTV.x264-KILLERS[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Trapped 2017 1GB DesiPDvD x264 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Phillauri 2017 1GB DesiSCR x264 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Assassins.Creed.2016.1080p.BRRip.x264.Turkish.AC3-ETRG
View Torrent Info: Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them 2016 720p BluRay Turkish and English DUAL DD 5.1 x264-aXeL
30s
Chat
To add new messages please Login or Register for FREE
Warning! Use a VPN When Downloading Torrents!
Your IP Address is 54.211.0.142.   Location is United States
Your Internet Provider and Government can track your torrent activity!  Hide your IP ADDRESS with a VPN!
ExtraTorrent strongly recommends using Trust.Zone VPN to anonymize your torrenting. It's FREE!
Get VPN Now for FREE!

Removing Clicks In Vinyl Using Audacity

Post a Reply    Subscribe to Topic    
AuthorMessage
ausy77 avatar
Posted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:10
Author:
The majority of the vinyl you download from me or politux or indeed most vinyl uploaders will sound sweet all ready,but we cant check them all and this process is very time consuming,there are other methods you can use also but im not going to get into those now.This tut will show you how to sort the worst of them out:)
So i'm only going to remove the worst clicks.
I dont really mind the odd pop but some clicks can be quite annoying especially during the more silent parts.
So i decided to mess around with audacity myself and i think i have got the hang of it now,im only doing the worst clicks as some are really fcuking hard to remove and could take info from the song,which shit is a no no lol.

i will be using Tears For Fears 24/96 vinyl as my source

1:firstly we need to download Audacity its free and open source :)i check all my flac files with this program,i just love it lol.
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

2:on your desktop open a new folder and name it Tears For Fears,all the converted files shall go here,so we keep the original if we fuck up lol.

3:in the original folder highlight all the songs and do a batch convert to wave using DBpoweramp destination new folder on your desktop.
this should only take around 4 minutes.
heres the one i use big thanks to "ChingLiu"
http://extratorrent.cc/torrent/2987446/dBpoweramp+Music+Converter+R14.4+Reference+Ed.+Retail+%5BChingLiu%5D.html

4: this is what you get,you wont see the audacity picture on the files unless you have it set as audacity to open all wave files.
i have highlighted the file we are going to fix."sowing the seeds"
ENIa0OzXQb.png

5:ok right click file and open in audacity,you should be looking at something like this
MEAlJpbsD7.png
if it by default it is showing as spectrogram you need to change to waveform
by clicking here where is says 3 tears_ for
nSXMfHBPm6.png

6:listen to the song for the worst clicks,once found stop the song,alot of the worst ones will be easy to spot as they show up as straight lines/spikes.
now to the left of the first spike left click on the waveform and keeping pressed drag right till a bit passed the last spike.Dont worry if you do it too quick hover your mouse over the highlighted area and a hand will appear pointing left or right and you can easily adjust.
MbYaF9Gdl1.png

7:now comes the fun part lol,up top in the main toolbar click on effect and scroll down to click removal and hit the button,next a screen will appear, set it up as i have,i found this works best:)
NY90fIxHor.png

8:press ok and this is what you get notice the sharpe straight spikes gone,play that section again clicks are gone and sound is sweet:)
sEh2XTjGbc.png

9:continue to do this for all clicks you find make a mistake there is always the undo button:)

10:now we need to save this file,so up top we click on file and scroll down to export,click on export and another box will open.Rename the file as song 3 and save as type other uncompressed files in the folder we have the wave files in.Audacity has it as 16 bit default,so we must press options and change the encoding to signed 24 bit PCM
XjmwiZWdUB.png

11:that done press save,another box may open for you to edit meta data depending on settings it opened as default for me if you need to change any info do it now
eU7EjNrFsm.png

12:press save and a new wave file is exported to the album
RWMIGvgSLJ.png

13:do this for all song then when finished do a [/b]batch convert[/b] back to flac using DBpoweramp using loosless level 8 in settings

thats it you now have a much better sounding album to enjoy,hope i done this some what ok,and maybe some of you will see the benefits of flac and the truely awesome sound you get from vinyl..
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Best way to clean those vinyl records and keep in best condition

before
nohKCsWcTG.png

after
vluBE9eiTw.png

Post a Reply    

Forum Search

search in post message
  search in topic subject
Forum

Home - Browse Torrents - Upload Torrent - Stat - Forum - FAQ - Login
ExtraTorrent.cc is in compliance with copyrights
BitCoin: 12DiyqsWhENahDzdhdYsRrCw8FPQVcCkcm
Can't load ExtraTorrent? Try our official mirrors: etmirror.com - etproxy.com - extratorrentonline.com - extratorrentlive.com
2006-2017 ExtraTorrent.cc3