H264 X264
View Torrent Info: Hidden.Figures.2016.720p.BRRip.x264.AAC-ETRG
View Torrent Info: Split.2016.FULL.NEW.SOURCE.1080p.HC.HDTV.x264.AAC-SHOWSCEN
View Torrent Info: Paterson.2016.720p.BRRip.x264.AAC-ETRG
View Torrent Info: Dont.Kill.It.2016.720p.BRRip.x264.AAC-ETRG
Hot torrents
BluRay, 4k UHD
View Torrent Info: The.Chamber.2016.BluRay.1080p.x264.DTSHD5.1-DDR
View Torrent Info: Gladiator 2000 Paramount Re-Issue Blu-ray 1080p x264 DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Resident Evil The Final Chapter 2016 Multi 1080pBluRay x264 DTSHD 7.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Hidden.Figures.2016.1080p.BluRay.x264-GECKOS[EtHD]
Hot torrents
Television
View Torrent Info: The.Blacklist.Redemption.S01E05.HDTV.x264-KILLERS[ettv]
View Torrent Info: The.Last.Kingdom.S02E02.HDTV.x264-MTB[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Greys.Anatomy.S13E17.HDTV.x264-LOL[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Arrow.S05E17.HDTV.x264-LOL[ettv]
View Torrent Info: The Salesman (Forushande) 2016 Multi 1080p Blu-ray x264 DTSHD 5.1 MSubs-DDR
View Torrent Info: GANTZ:0 2016 BluRay 1080p x264 JPN DTSHD 5.1 ESub-DDR
View Torrent Info: Pandora.2016.HDRip.XviD.AC3-EVO
View Torrent Info: Hidden Figures (2016) 720p BRRip Hindi DD 5.1Ch - Eng DD 5.1Ch ~ PyZ
30s
Chat
To add new messages please Login or Register for FREE
Warning! Protect Yourself from Lawsuits and Fines!
Your IP Address is 54.163.117.182.   Location is United States
Your IP Address is visible to EVERYONE. Hide your IP ADDRESS with a VPN while torrenting!
ExtraTorrent strongly recommends using Trust.Zone VPN to anonymize your torrenting. It's FREE!
Hide my IP address!

Isohunt closed

Post a Reply    Subscribe to Topic    
AuthorMessage
19tommy59 avatar
Posted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 05:31
Author: ModeratorTrue Love
When the hell was Isohunt shut down by the Government??
dazpicable avatar
Posted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:13
Author: Site FriendET junkieET loverSunTurtle
19tommy59 wrote:
When the hell was Isohunt shut down by the Government??

Tags
Copyright, Court, Crime, Information Technology, Internet, Law, USA

Less than one month after isoHunt was shut down and its founder served with a $110 million fine, the BitTorrent site has triumphantly returned to the internet, resurrected by a web preservation group known only as 'ArchiveTeam.'

The torrent index site - which provides users with links to illegally posted movies, music, video game, and software files – closed down earlier this month after more than a decade online. The announcement, quietly made in a court document filed October 17, also indicated that isoHunt’s Canadian founder, Gary Fung, would be forced to pay a $110 million fine to the Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA) for “inducing” copyright infringement.

Just days after the settlement was made public, a shadowy group known only as ArchiveTeam told the file-sharing news site TorrentFreak that it intended to preserve the files on isoHunt and maintain the popular site for future users.

“The settlement took everyone by surprise, and appeared to come out of nowhere. IsoHunt is shutting down in less than three days, and the speedy massacre of such a significant volume of metadata is a tragedy,” an ArchiveTeam member known as ‘Lysobit’ said on October 20.

“This project isn’t about politics or copyright issues. This is about preserving culture and historical metadata. All data is essential.”

Fung threw a monkey wrench into the plans when he took down isoHunt days before the October 23 deadline, thus preventing ArchiveTeam from finishing its plan.

After spending years fending off the MPAA, the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA), and the federal government, isoHunt seemed doomed. But just when ArchiveTeam said it could not re-launch the site, another group - allegedly with no ArchiveTeam affiliation - managed to do just that.

A representative from the nameless entity spoke to TorrentFreak and reflected similar goals to those of ArchiveTeam.

“IsoHunt has been a great part of the torrent world for more than a decade. It’s a big loss to everyone who used it over the years. Media corporations don’t like innovation or competition and isoHunt’s fate is one of the examples of how they deal with it,” the source said.

IsoHunt.to was officially re-launched on Tuesday. The site has the same layout and color scheme as the former incarnation of isoHunt. Perhaps most crucially, isoHunt.to also points users toward all kinds of media content which they would otherwise have to pay for.

“IsoHunt can definitely be called a file-sharing icon,” the source continued. “People got used to it and they don’t want to simply let it go. We want those people to feel like being at home while visiting isoHunt.to. The main goal is to restore the website with torrents and provide users with the same familiar interface.”

Approximately 75 percent of the lost torrents have been restored. The site is also available at isoHunt.ee and is hosted in Australia, according to Ars Technica.

“Only time will tell whether users like the site or not. If they like the idea and keep coming back we’ll be happy to develop the project even further,” the source said.

The update seems like an obvious setback for the MPAA, RIAA, and other copyright enforcers. Fung’s $110 million was relatively small compared to the $600 million he may have been forced to pay had he not agreed to shut down isoHunt and have the matter heard in front of a federal jury. Either way, Fung is almost certainly unable to produce the actual fine’s amount.

Before it was shut down, the site is thought to have had 44.2 million daily users and nearly 14 million torrents. That demand, whether it be legal or otherwise, could be a sobering statistic for MPAA chairman Chris Dodd, who issued a warning to future torrent operators after isoHunt’s demise this month. Found this m8 just about sums it up i reckon.
YoGi avatar
Posted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 14:17
Author: Admin
LoL
Y0SHI avatar
Posted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 20:46
Author:
why you care about that site, its LAME
GetAClue avatar
Posted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 02:42
Author:
"why you care about that site, its LAME"

I don't know Yoshi does it have as many pop ups as ET has nowadays? I doubt it. I can't even log in my name without the Trader Pajama pop ad coming up. There's nothing like having to see that ad and clicking it off SEVEN times just to get 1 torrent. It's becoming quite unlike any other site these days.TPB has ONLY 1 pop up 1 time only. Same with KAT. Not ET though it's practically every time you click ANYTHING on site these days up comes a pop up. Splendid!
No avatar
Posted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 07:49
Author: Blocked
same as this when did this happen :D
5jsk.png
19tommy59 avatar
Posted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 08:32
Y0SHI wrote:
why you care about that site, its LAME
I dont CARE about it was just curious,and why the smart azz response to a simple question?
19tommy59 avatar
Posted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 08:34
GetAClue wrote:

I don't know Yoshi does it have as many pop ups as ET has nowadays? I doubt it. I can't even log in my name without the Trader Pajama pop ad coming up. There's nothing like having to see that ad and clicking it off SEVEN times just to get 1 torrent. It's becoming quite unlike any other site these days.TPB has ONLY 1 pop up 1 time only. Same with KAT. Not ET though it's practically every time you click ANYTHING on site these days up comes a pop up. Splendid!
I really dont understand why you guys that whine and bitch about the site continue to hang on here?? if it is so terrible go to tpb or kat no skin off our teeth!!! coming here to the forum and telling our members how much better tpb and kat is? take a hike already!!
No avatar
Posted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 08:39
Author: Blocked
Quote:
Author: 19tommy59Moderator
GetAClue wrote:

I really dont understand why you guys that whine and bitch about the site continue to hang on here?? if it is so terrible go to tpb or kat no skin off our teeth!!! coming here to the forum and telling our members how much better tpb and kat is? take a hike already!!
Tommy bingo. + we allow them to whine. but all they try is to fool themself.
dovahkin avatar
Posted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 13:32
Author:
IMHO It's highly unlikely Garry Fung will pay the settlement.
Perhaps it just some agreement if he willing to drop this circus, he will not get some hard time as exchange to admitted he will or already paid that big numbers for scaring all peoples in P2P/ file sharing world.
Yeah right...
GetAClue avatar
Posted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 23:43
Author:
Oh really Tommy and Taker...do me a favor will ya. Try NOT logging into your name and browse the site for me. See how many times you have to click off pop up ads. Seeing how you guys don't have to experience all the BS ads that pop up left and right. Just to get into the forums these days you go through about 3 pop ups.

Seriously give it a try sometime, then you might have an idea of what I'm talking about. It's not bitching and moaning, when it's a fact. ET has NEVER had this many pop ups in the history of the site. Give it a go. Log out and browse the site.
19tommy59 avatar
Posted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 01:23
yes it is bitching and whining whether it is true or not, so you put up with pop ups d/l an app or something but whining aint going to help. and you say we dont have to put up with it? try putting up with the b.s we have to every day!!! now that is an inconvenience! get proactive or get lost!
Soup avatar
Posted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 01:25
Author: ModeratorTrusted UploaderET loverSupermanSunTurtle
well i don't gets no pop ups, dunno if that's just epic browser being, well.... epic?
dazpicable avatar
Posted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:15
Author: Site FriendET junkieET loverSunTurtle
peaSoup wrote:
well i don't gets no pop ups, dunno if that's just epic browser being, well.... epic?
Same here although maybe ad-block from Firefox has something to do with it.

Post a Reply    

Forum Search

search in post message
  search in topic subject
Forum

Home - Browse Torrents - Upload Torrent - Stat - Forum - FAQ - Login
ExtraTorrent.cc is in compliance with copyrights
BitCoin: 12DiyqsWhENahDzdhdYsRrCw8FPQVcCkcm
Can't load ExtraTorrent? Try our official mirrors: etmirror.com - etproxy.com - extratorrentonline.com - extratorrentlive.com
2006-2017 ExtraTorrent.cc2