View Torrent Info: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 2017 NEW HDCAM x264 HQMic-CPG
View Torrent Info: Free Fire 2017 HDCAM x264-CPG
View Torrent Info: The.Fate.of.the.Furious.2017.HDTS.H264.AC3.HQ.Hive-CM8
View Torrent Info: The Boss Baby 2017 720p HD-TS x264 AC3-CPG
Hot torrents
XVID DIVX
View Torrent Info: Attack.of.the.Killer.Donuts.2016.HDRip.XviD.AC3-EVO
View Torrent Info: Abbey.Grace.2016.HDRip.XviD.AC3-EVO
View Torrent Info: The Wolfman Legacy - Werewolf of London (1935) Xvid DvDRip [DDR]
View Torrent Info: Dont.Fuck.in.the.Woods.2016.HDRip.XviD.AC3-EVO
Hot torrents
H264 X264
View Torrent Info: Small Crimes (2017) NF - 720p WEBRiP - 850MB - ShAaNiG
View Torrent Info: Rogue One (2016) 720p BluRay x264 DTS Soup
View Torrent Info: Sold (2016) x264 DvDRip DDS 5.1 Esub -DDR
View Torrent Info: Voice.from.the.Stone.2017.720p.WEB-DL.H264.AC3-ETRG
Hot torrents
BluRay, 4k UHD
View Torrent Info: The Hunt For Red October 1990 1080p BluRay x264 TrueHD 5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Sniper 1993 1080p BluRay x264 DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Poltergeist 1982 1080p Bluray x264 Multi TrueHD 5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Priest 2011 Multi BluRay 1080p x264 DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
Hot torrents
Television
View Torrent Info: The.Son.S01E05.WEB-DL.x264-FUM[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Training.Day.S01E10.WEB-DL.x264-FUM[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Samurai.Jack.S05E07.HDTV.x264-W4F[ettv]
View Torrent Info: The.Originals.S04E06.WEB-DL.x264-FUM[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Baahubali 2 (2017) DesiPDVD V2 1CDRIP x264 AAC 2.0 [DDR]
View Torrent Info: Dragon Hunter (2009) x264 720p UNCUT BluRay Eng Subs {Dual Audio} [Hindi ORG DD 2.0   English 5.1] Exclusive By DREDD
View Torrent Info: The Ghazi Attack (2017) - 1080p - BluRay - x264 - DTS - ESub - [DDR]
View Torrent Info: Vaishali (2011) HQ Bluray 1080p x264 DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
30s
Chat
To add new messages please Login or Register for FREE
Warning! Use a VPN When Downloading Torrents!
Your IP Address is 54.167.215.35.   Location is United States
Your Internet Provider and Government can track your torrent activity!  Hide your IP ADDRESS with a VPN!
ExtraTorrent strongly recommends using Trust.Zone VPN to anonymize your torrenting. It's FREE!
Get VPN Now for FREE!

Encoding The Perfect Release Part 1

Post a Reply    Subscribe to Topic    
AuthorMessage
No avatar
Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 22:20
Author: Blocked
PART 1: SELECTING YOUR SOURCE AND PREPARING IT FOR RIPPING

I think sharing is caring in many aspects, and I am glad to share encoding knowledge with anyone who cares to ask about it show interest.

Let's go into a full frontal outline of where to begin with an encode.

When I state the term "encode", I do NOT mean Re-Encode. Re-Encoders are not something I would want to attach myself to and hope to explain the difference in the actual verb of encoding.

When you are first looking for something to encode, you want to directly learn the differences in various sources. Retail DvD's or BluRays of course would be the best possible source, but can also be the most hassle and costly if you plan to purchase them from retail, decrypt, and then encode.

I would suggest however that if you can find an "uncompresses" DVD9 or DVD5, that these are your two best possible sources. It's going to be rare, but there are certain private trackers dedicated to just these types of releases. Its less likely you'll find them publicly, because an uncompressed DVD5 can range from 4-6GB in size, and an uncompressed DVD9 would typically be the 4-10GB release. Sometimes more but most of the time, they'll be within this range.

There are also "Scene" DVD-R's. These are (regardless of wtf the scene group says in their nfo) basically chopped up DVDs. Even if they says "UNTOUCHED", its not possible for it to be "untouched" because the "Scene" is forced by scene rules, to remove the Special Features, or extra parts of the film. Although they will come with menus usually, it consists of the Menus, and the main film nine times out of ten. They then compress the DVD-R, to fit on a single DVD.

This is something that you'll see very often, in order to fit on a 4.7GB sized DVD-R, they have to compress them. So most "Scene" DVD-R's will be in this size range. I would suggest that these DVD-R's are grainy, "shadowy" or "blocky", and at times need a bit of work in order to be encoded into a perfect rip.

This all can be manipulated to your advantage if you just direct the time and effort into a bit of dedication and test out different results until you see what you're going to want to go with. Some scene groups, just flat out do crappy releases. This is something to expect often from the scene, because in the spirit of speed and competition they have to be first, they have to put the sources out there, before the other groups, in a manner of timeliness and order.

So you're still looking for a source eh? Well once you find one, you're going to presumably have an .iso or .img file of the "Scene" DVD-R if you chose to go that route. If you do have an .img file, it's very easy to reconfigure the extension for what I plan to instruct you to do. Simply make sure you have "show file extensions enabled" depending on which OS you use, and then rename the .img to .iso , and you'll be where you need to be.

Next you're going to use a virtual mounting tool, such as UltraISO, Daemon Tools, etc, to mount the image/iso to a virtual drive. Like I said, using the method we will be using, we will use .iso extensions, and we will also use the app UltraISO. I find it the most simple to explain to beginners, and the easiest interface of all.

Download UltraISO, free trial, full version, doesn't even matter. Any will do for what we're using it for. You'll first install UltraISO, then when it's finished, simply close the program. After installing the app, it will add a new context menu to the "right click" function. If you highlight and right click an .iso file from now on for example, and you'll see a new context menu that says "UltraISO-->" and you can select new options, but what we will choose, is to "Mount" the .iso to a virtual drive, being "D:" or "J:" or "G:" or whatever it will be based upon how many internal/external drives you have connected.

After you mount the .iso, we're ready to move on to the next step, which is ripping the DvD. To "Rip" a DVD is not hard, nor is it complicated. Although there are many different features depending on what software you decide to use to "rip" this DVD-R, I'm going to recommend to each of you to use DvD Shrink.

Shrink is a great app, and it's ultra handy. Now, you'll need to download DvD Shrink, again full or trial version, doesn't matter. Download and install DvD Shrink. Upon completion of installation, I need you to go up top to the "Edit" tab, then go to "Preferences". Go to the "Output Files" tab, and check ever box EXCEPT split the files into 1GB silze file chunks, we need to make sure that box is left UNCHECKED. Now click OK out of it.

Back at the main DvD Shrink menu you'll see the "Open Disc" Function on the top left side of the toolbar. Click "Open Disc", and find the drive for the .iso which you mounted. After you click it, it will begin to read your .iso file, and pull the video and audio sequences unto the custom DvD directly into the built in implementation menu on DvD Shrink.

This concludes part one of the tutorial. Part two will be continued on a later date when time permits me to do so.

OBSCENE

No avatar
Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 22:35
dvdshrink is this post made for rockman sry cant help it obs :D omg and im not even gotten use to winx-hd-video-converter :D thats why i leave it up to encoder il stick to borrow from other site and up :D it nice some wanna take the time 5 hrs + to encode a movie :P but have to ask might saound stupid encoding that frame for frame ?? :XD
Chill_Pill avatar
Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 04:56
Author:
Holy shit f**k! And this is just part 1! I posted a question in Chit Chat asking this very question, "What exactly is encoding" and this is the very answer i was hoping for. I didn't want to ask someone what it was step by step because i didn't want to get jumped on for not reading the tutorials, i have tried to read up on it but when you know jack sh*t about it some of the terminology used in the "explainations" doesn't really do anything to clear things up. I wanted to know what encoding entailed out of curiosity and respect. Respect for the encoders and what they have to do to bring the movies we end up watching for free. I can't believe the amount of work that goes into it. I'll probably have to read Part 1 another 10 times before i even start absorbing the information, but hey here's my answer at last. Can't wait for Part 2 to see the next phase. Thanks OBS i really appreciate this post but i can't say thanks for making my brain feel like it's about to crap out from information overload!
EMUworld avatar
Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:41
Author:
Thnx Obs..Damn helpful 4 d noobs including me...:P
pfcorpuschristi avatar
Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 04:08
Author:
thanks OB,very useful for those who want to part take in the true way of encoding, i for one always take the advice giving from OB, this info is useful for those who want to learn an art, the art of encoding, so pay attention and learn from one of the top encoders
No avatar
Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 06:14
@ taker no, dvdshrink is just to start the encode, to rip the VOB files. It will be MUCH more detailed :)
No avatar
Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 15:05
ohh did not know that.lol.. lets get back to the real deal here we had oure fun ncie post ect bet alot wait for post/part 2..
Sneak avatar
Posted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 20:44
Author:
How do you obtain the source file to begin with?
djdezzie avatar
Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:58
Author:
Sneak wrote:
How do you obtain the source file to begin with?
If you read xxxOBSCENExxx's OP it's all covered in there.

If you're still confused here's a couple of ideas... Buy, borrow or rent a dvd or look for an untouched torrent in the 4-9gb range. As I said before it's all covered in the opening post!

Post a Reply    

Forum Search

search in post message
  search in topic subject
Forum

Home - Browse Torrents - Upload Torrent - Stat - Forum - FAQ - Login
ExtraTorrent.cc is in compliance with copyrights
Can't load ExtraTorrent? Try our official mirrors: etmirror.com - etproxy.com - extratorrentonline.com - extratorrentlive.com
2006-2017 ExtraTorrent.cc2