Hot torrents
H264 X264
View Torrent Info: Rogue One (2016) 720p BluRay x264 DTS Soup
View Torrent Info: Sold (2016) x264 DvDRip DDS 5.1 Esub -DDR
View Torrent Info: Voice.from.the.Stone.2017.720p.WEB-DL.H264.AC3-ETRG
View Torrent Info: The Green Mile (1999) 720p BluRay x264 AC3 Soup
Hot torrents
BluRay, 4k UHD
View Torrent Info: Fifty.Shades.Darker.2017.UNRATED.Multi.1080p.BluRay.x264.DTSHD7.1-DDR
View Torrent Info: Avatar.2009.4K.HDR.10bit.BT2020.DTS.HD.MA-VISIONPLUSHDR1000
View Torrent Info: The Void 2016 Bluray 1080P x264 DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: The Legend of Ben Hall 2016 Bluray 1080p x264 DTSHD5.1 -DDR
Hot torrents
Television
View Torrent Info: The.Blacklist.S04E18.HDTV.x264-KILLERS[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Greys.Anatomy.S13E21.HDTV.x264-KILLERS[ettv]
View Torrent Info: The.Last.Kingdom.S02E07.HDTV.x264-MTB[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Arrow.S05E19.WEB-DL.x264-FUM[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Baahubali 2 (2017) DesiCAM 1CDRIP x264 AAC [DDR]
View Torrent Info: Maya (2015) 1080p Untouched WEBHD AVC AAC [DDR]
View Torrent Info: Rebel (2012) 1080p Bluray x264 DTSHD 5.1 ESub -DDR
View Torrent Info: The Secret Of The Magic Gourd (2007) x264 720p WEB-DL Eng Subs {Dual Audio} [Hindi 2.0   English 2.0] Exclusive By DREDD
30s
Chat
To add new messages please Login or Register for FREE
Warning! Stop Government from Tracking Your Torrenting!
Your IP Address is 54.145.81.105.   Location is United States
Your Internet Provider and Government can track your internet activity! Hide your IP and LOCATION with a VPN
ExtraTorrent strongly recommends using Trust.Zone VPN to anonymize your torrenting. It's FREE!
HIDE ME NOW

Are some moderators making up rules as they go?

Post a Reply    Subscribe to Topic    
1, 2  [Next]
Page 1 of 2   [ 24 posts ]
AuthorMessage
No avatar
Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 13:35
Author:
Am a new member on this tracker I admit (if that can be held against me at all). On some other trackers, I've been using them more than a decade.

Anyway, in couple of days since registering I uploaded 3 completely new torrents than were not previously available. Number of new leechers for these clearly shows many users of this site very interested in these, as well as the comments. "Soviet Storm: WW2 in the East documentary and "Missing in MiG Alley - PBS Nova" are in question

However, very shortly after uploading 2 above mentioned torrents these get deleted by gerald99 under, must say pretense that I broke some rule with these two. What's up with that? Are you actively censoring the content based on some personal attitude and opinion?

"No free web content. Warning-Stop uploading material not allowedrnby new members! Read site rules...rn

I must say I fail to understand what rule I broke and how these documentaries "free web content"?
SaM avatar
Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 14:01
Author:
SaM
why cant u make it easy for us to understand the whole thing..by giving us the titles of your torrents and their nature..and also the reason mentioned by the admin who deleted your torrents..!!
No avatar
Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 14:12
Author: Blocked
99.99 % of the tiem staff post reason to why we remove a torrent + you get a auto PM with the reason.
post what reason + what torrent then we can maby help you
No avatar
Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 14:22
Author:
Sorry, I thought I did do that. Well, here are the actual messages:

Your torrent 'Missing in MiG Alley - PBS Nova 720p' was removed

The reason:
E13E69F0AF0F2471614C6A6D2549A52D9181BBF2rnNo free web content. Warning-Stop uploading material not allowedrnby new members! Read site rules...rn

Your torrent 'Soviet Storm: WW2 in the East' was removed

The reason:
5BADF51D36FF29E8944E189CE8DA120A5EAEE7DDrnNo free web content. Warning-Stop uploading material not allowedrnby new members! Read site rules...rn

These are the "reasons" given by moderator gerard99. At the time these were deleted I was seeding them to more than 100 of new leechers which shows interest with users of this site. Also these brought much needed refreshment of the Documentary category where not many new torrents are being uploaded. What I fail to understand also is why would you delete a documentary series, especially from this type of site like extratorrent.cc? Not very becoming for a torrent site to censor people's access to information and entertainment. Many other sites have torrents for these documentaries, why not extratorrent too?

If "no free web content" is the issue (reason) here, I don't know how, for instance, Soviet Storm: WW2 in the East documentary is "free web content"? Maker of the series, UK based History channel don't provide it on their web site for free. You could eventually record the series directly from their channel but only if you are subscribed (meaning if you pay subscription). The are even planning on starting selling bluray disks wit the series. Obviously they don't think the series is free. Or does something being available in YouTube qualifies this series as free web content? Who knows how many movies and documentaries, obviously not free, are on YT.

I think moderators shouldn't delete torrents, especially in site catogories where 2 torrents per day are uploaded, and especially when there are leechers and content doesn't really break any rules.
ozi avatar
Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 14:46
Author: SuperAdmin
so is there a reason why this torrent
5BADF51D36FF29E8944E189CE8DA120A5EAEE7DD
isn't in your ac at kat but in someone else?
gerald99 avatar
Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 15:03
Author: Site FriendSun
It is very simple gorca. You uploaded Free Web Content.

DISALLOWED CONTENTS

- NO Movie trailers/Youtube/other free web ripped contents.
- NO Facebook or any other social media photos/videos.
- NO Free Softwared or Games.
- NO RAR or any kind of archived files including ISO/IMG formats (only verified/trusted may upload these files)
- NO torrent dumping. if the torrents are not your own then dont add/dump them we will not verify them as it is not fair of this to be asked from staff.

Free web content not allowed. DELETE torrents and
upload own material.

http://extratorrent.cc/forum/topic/1270/site+members+rules+upload+comments+reviews+etc.html

So here's the rules, here's the link, take your free web content and upload somewhere else.

It's NOT ALLOWED HERE!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhXKlYnSWjA
http://www.history.co.uk/shows/soviet-storm-ww2-in-the-easthttp://www.history.co.uk/shows/soviet-storm-ww2-in-the-east
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL70HkUb_a-Kgf3DdfemOfwi6Syh2VSb1A

http://video.pbs.org/video/980042063/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xl9gy6UhqWU
No avatar
Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 15:56
Author:

oziman wrote:

Never claimed I made the torrent initially. Am just helping out with seeding. Am sure the original poster doesn't mind. He/she stopped seeding at KAT almost immediately after uploading it with 0 downloads. I could have easily made completely new (mine if you want) torrent file. Unnecessary really. Anyway, that is not the topic here, nor was that the reason given for the deletion.
ozi avatar
Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 15:59
gorca wrote:
oziman wrote:

Never claimed I made the torrent initially. Am just helping out with seeding. Am sure the original poster doesn't mind. He/she stopped seeding at KAT almost immediately after uploading it with 0 downloads. I could have easily made completely new (mine if you want) torrent file. Unnecessary really. Anyway, that is not the topic here, nor was that the reason given for the deletion.

well we dont allow torrent dumping here anymore
http://extratorrent.cc/forum/topic/3355/i+need+more+of+my+torrents+to+be+verified.html

as for the other torrent you can take it up with the mod in pm there was no need for this topic
No avatar
Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 16:02
Author:
"So here's the rules, here's the link, take your free web content and upload somewhere else. It's NOT ALLOWED HERE!!!"

Wow, you must be very powerful and authoritative person in real life. Am impressed. Thanks for that reply. Will gladly "upload somewhere else". Not like you can (luckily) do anything about it. Immature. Uploaded free content, right.
ozi avatar
Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 16:10
gorca wrote:
"So here's the rules, here's the link, take your free web content and upload somewhere else. It's NOT ALLOWED HERE!!!"

Wow, you must be very powerful and authoritative person in real life. Am impressed. Thanks for that reply. Will gladly "upload somewhere else". Not like you can (luckily) do anything about it. Immature. Uploaded free content, right.

wow you must like wasting data
why on earth would someone want to waste there own data let alone others with free webshit?
anyone can download from youtube and other free steaming sites x100 faster than torrents
et isn't a rubbish bin your welcome to upload stuff like that anywhere else but here
No avatar
Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 16:38
Author:
"ET isn't rubbish bin", must mean people who downloaded torrent here are stupid and all other torrent sites are rubbish bins.

"why on earth would someone want to waste there own data let alone others with free webshit?"

Maybe people just like the convenience of watching the content from HDD, sharing it with friends without making them stumble through YouTube looking for couple of dozens of different (probably misnamed) episodes in order to watch them in proper order. Also having the choice of deciding if they download or watch on YT is probably important to some people. Also, YT video are compressed and am not even sure all episodes of the series in question are available in HD. Not to mention that you forbid "free content" but at the same host torrents from thousands of other TV shows and series also freely available on YouTube. But you know all that and I don't see this discussion going anywhere.

19tommy59 avatar
Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 16:54
Author: ModeratorTrue Love
gorca wrote:
"ET isn't rubbish bin", must mean people who downloaded torrent here are stupid and all other torrent sites are rubbish bins.

"why on earth would someone want to waste there own data let alone others with free webshit?"

Maybe people just like the convenience of watching the content from HDD, sharing it with friends without making them stumble through YouTube looking for couple of dozens of different (probably misnamed) episodes in order to watch them in proper order. Also having the choice of deciding if they download or watch on YT is probably important to some people. Also, YT video are compressed and am not even sure all episodes of the series in question are available in HD. Not to mention that you forbid "free content" but at the same host torrents from thousands of other TV shows and series also freely available on YouTube. But you know all that and I don't see this discussion going anywhere.
I have an ides!! why dont you just shut the hell up, take a hike and dont let the e-screen door hit ya on the way out.
ozi avatar
Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 17:09
this discussion can go on for as long as you want it to
i believe anything thats uploaded to youtube is down scaled there is nothing hd about youtube
taking stuff from yotube and rencoding it doesn't make it better
maybe your eyes have damaged from the "HD" youtube has to offer
we dont care what others upload to youtube we have quality control at this site

anyways im off to bed can go on about this as much as you want tomorrow
19tommy59 avatar
Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 17:26
oziman wrote:
this discussion can go on for as long as you want it to
i believe anything thats uploaded to youtube is down scaled there is nothing hd about youtube
taking stuff from yotube and rencoding it doesn't make it better
maybe your eyes have damaged from the "HD" youtube has to offer
we dont care what others upload to youtube we have quality control at this site

anyways im off to bed can go on about this as much as you want tomorrow
g'night Ozi, this numbnutz is just another no talent wanna be uploader with a serious prediliction towards youtube with possible torrent dumping tendencies!! PS I would like to thank numbnutz,I mean dorko for opening this can of worms we can always use a laugh!! and usually it will be at the expense of one idiot or another (if shoe fits enter name here........ how many letters in Dorko?)
19tommy59 avatar
Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 20:48
gorca wrote:

thou doth protest too much methinks! praps thou hast many an account as tis strange that thee being a member but 1 day protesteth like a serving wench!! so methinks thou ought to scooteth on down yon roadeth and nae"r darken our doorstep again!! thinketh hard on it!!
1, 2  [Next]
Page 1 of 2   [ 24 posts ]

Post a Reply    

Forum Search

search in post message
  search in topic subject
Forum

Home - Browse Torrents - Upload Torrent - Stat - Forum - FAQ - Login
ExtraTorrent.cc is in compliance with copyrights
Can't load ExtraTorrent? Try our official mirrors: etmirror.com - etproxy.com - extratorrentonline.com - extratorrentlive.com
2006-2017 ExtraTorrent.cc4