Hot torrents
H264 X264
View Torrent Info: The.Remains.2016.BluRay.720p.DTS.AC3.x264-ETRG
View Torrent Info: Ghostbusters.2016.Extended.BluRay.720p.DTS.AC3.x264-ETRG
View Torrent Info: Passengers.2016.BluRay.720p.DTS.AC3.x264-ETRG
View Torrent Info: Paterson.2016.1080p.WEB-DL.H264.AC3-EVO[EtHD]
Hot torrents
BluRay, 4k UHD
View Torrent Info: Rogue One - A Star Wars Story 2016 BluRay Remux AVC Multi DTSHD 7.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Indiana.Jones.And.The.Last.Crusade.4K.HDR.HEVC.10bit.BT2020.DTS.HD-MA-VISIONPLUSHDR1000
View Torrent Info: Arsenal 2017 1080p BluRay x264 DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon 2000 Multi 2160p UHD BluRay HEVC HDR Atmos 7.1 -DDR
Hot torrents
Television
View Torrent Info: Arrow.S05E17.HDTV.x264-LOL[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Survivor.S34E03.HDTV.x264-CROOKS[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Blindspot.S02E16.HDTV.x264-LOL[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Designated.Survivor.S01E13.HDTV.x264-LOL[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Speed.(1994).1080p.BDRip.Dual.Audio.Org.DD.{Hindi.2.0 Eng.5.1}.-~{DOOMSDAY}~-
View Torrent Info: Running Shaadi (2017) Hindi 1CD DVDRip x264 AAC ESubs - Downloadhub
View Torrent Info: Moana 2016 720p BluRay Hindi DD 5.1 x264-SnowDoN
View Torrent Info: Sing (2016) 720p Blu-Ray x264 Dual-Audio [Hindi 5.1 Org DD - English] - maverick [Exclusive]
30s
Chat
To add new messages please Login or Register for FREE
Warning! Stop Government from Tracking Your Torrenting!
Your IP Address is 54.205.60.171.   Location is United States
Your Internet Provider and Government can track your internet activity! Hide your IP and LOCATION with a VPN
ExtraTorrent strongly recommends using Trust.Zone VPN to anonymize your torrenting. It's FREE!
HIDE ME NOW

Digital Millennium copyright act and Comcast

Post a Reply    Subscribe to Topic    
AuthorMessage
No avatar
Posted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 18:14
Author:
Hello. I downloaded a movie that you were featuring on your homepage on 5-30-2014.
Today I received a letter from Comcast, saying the owner of the movie copyright has
reported that I committed infringement on his Copyright. He reported my IP address to
Comcast. Comcast says I Violated the "Digital Millennium copyright act".
The Reporting party was cegtek.com. They say Infringement method was P2P.
Comcast has sent me a case #. So I guess other people can see what we have downloaded.
I have been Downloading from several p2p torrent sites for years with no problems till
now on this site. I did not know people were watching who was downloading what.
I thought that was between this site and me, and not a third party. Does this happen
often, or am I the first. Any tips on how to prevent this, and what would you do?
Did I download from the person causing all this shit? Was I set up, or what?
Tell me what you think.
Muchofreeo.
razor1shrp avatar
Posted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 20:02
Author: Site FriendET junkieET loverSupermanSun
I think you have no need to hit the panic button. Delete the email!!!.
No avatar
Posted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 20:17
Author:
It wasn't an e-mail. it was a letter in my mail box,
and Comcast is threating to cut off my internet because of it.
I now have a case number and they want a reply. How can I avoid
this from happening in the future. Cyberghost VPN blocks all
torrent sites. I tried that earlier today. What else can I try.
I am a disabled American vet with no job, and heart trouble.
The only other internet provider in my area is ATT DSL which
really SUCKS!
muchofreeo.
snotlob avatar
Posted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 21:45
Author: Trusted UploaderSite FriendET junkieET loverSupermanSunTurtle
tell em your wifi is unsecured and you have never heard of torrenting before and anyone can access your wifi.
or just completely ignore it
dovahkin avatar
Posted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 22:51
Author:
I guess this is your first copyright infringement letter.
Then as being suggested by gentleman above, not really much you can do if you get caught. Playing dumb is the easiest way and is pretty useful. Most times you can get a few of the letters erased just by saying your wifi isn’t secure like mentioned.

Regarding how they catch you, it is nothing to do with the site at all.
In public tracker, when you connect out to peers, you actually susceptible to being caught since it was visible trough torrent client.
The RIAA, MPAA and other industries hire out to other companies that solely work in catching pirates. These firms do nothing but watch torrents and log IP’s. Million torrents out there but you just the unlucky one.

To prevent your IP being broadcast, there certain ways can be done.
You can use Proxies, IPFiltering, VPN and seedbox.
If you want totally anonymous when start to surf on the internet, use VPN.
But if only torrent that you concern, Hiring a seedbox service would be an affordable alternative way.
For VPN, base on torrentfreak, PIA is number one regarding customer security.
For seedbox, you can check some latest posts on TEZ's thread
Good luck
http://extratorrent.cc/forum/topic/13802/value+for+money+seedboxes.html
No avatar
Posted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 01:06
Author:
As to the person that said well I guess this is your first infringement letter.
I have been doing this well over 12 years, and yes this was my first.
Right HERE ON THIS SITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HOW MANY HAVE YOU GOTTEN?????? Sounds like you have gotten plenty!!!!!!!!!!
Most likely RIGHT HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have many local friends that have been downloading torrents longer than I have
and have never gotten 1 of these letters. We all get together several times a week
at a local coffee shop, when I showed them this letter
this morning, they were stunned. They couldn't believe their eyes.
I am in Key West Florida, it's Comcast or you might as well be on a dialup connection.
DSL is that slow here!!!!! I am not kidding, it takes 2 minutes to get google to
come up and might even fail doing that. I put up with that for 2 months, and will
never go there again. I would rather put a gun to my head than go back to DSL!!!!!
I can't risk loosing Comcast. The movie I am catching shit over took less than 5 minutes.
On ATT DSL it would have been 5 WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I will try saying my wifi was unsecured, when I contact Comcast on Monday. I will have
my fingers crossed. And pray that that works.
All these letters you say you have gotten. Did any of them come with a case number
from cegtek.com? Have you ever been to this site? I went there this morning while
I had Cyberghost VPN installed. What a bunch of DICK WEEDS!!!
Out of all of my friends, no one uses VMWare or seedboxes!! And have had no problems.
I don't have any extra money to throw at seedboxes, I am barely able to pay bills now.
And go hungry several times a month just trying to pay my basic bills.
Between getting this letter, Reading all these post about VMware ESXi 5 and seedboxes.
And no 2 people saying the same thing, everybody has a different idea on what to do.
My head is about to explode!!!!! I have had enough for today!!!
I am not gonna download anything else here on this site, until I sort this all out!!!
I've learned my lesson for today! I have 1TB of movies on my hard drive, I'll just watch
them for awhile.
Good luck to all of you with your ESXi 5 and all your different seedboxes & opinions.
Muchofreeo.
19tommy59 avatar
Posted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 01:51
Author: ModeratorTrue Love
This had nothing to do with ET and I for one dont appreciate the slur, if you dont like it here go elsewhere perhaps a little coffee shop and get together with some friends who also have never had this problem before, lets see friends getting together at a local coffee shop ?? hmmm sounds like the makings of a sit com, maybe you could call it hmmm FRIENDS!!! what an idea, ya ought to run it by a network, I hear NBC is looking for fresh concepts!! P>S, ya should'nt oughtta get upset with a heart condition and all, just relax and take it easy.
dovahkin avatar
Posted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 06:01
Author:
My apologize to Thread creator if you somehow get offended by what I write.
Like you said, yes I got my fair share of Infringement letter during my short stay for study in US. Three of it were from Comcast and their were the latest and the worst. But all that happen way before I use and register to ET and before I learn how to prevent such things.

With all due respect,
you clearly didn't know how p2p works since you so adamant that the letter was somehow a Public trackers Indexing site's (in this case ET) fault.

P2P (peer to peer) as the name state are from one peer to other peer.
In peer-to-peer sharing, you use a software program/ torrent client such utorrent (rather than your Web browser) to locate computers that have the file you want and vice versa. All communicated were never trough any site since site only listing the file but not hosting it. In fact, the small metadata torrent itself (small .torrent file that we acquired by download or using magnet link) on various Public torrent indexing sites usually hosted/caching to three major torrent host like zoink, torcache and torrage.

You can download the small metadata torrent file from anywhere but ET, then progress to downloading that movie/tv show etc from other peers and yet you will still get that infringed letter if they already watch certain torrent (Major torrent releaser always release their torrent on multiple sites)

As I state, using VPN and seedbox only some of the safest way to do anonymous p2p activities but it's not 100% guaranty either. There are also less (arguably) safest way and of course free of charge to do such things. But certain quality services always come with certain prices.

For your safety after those letter resolve,
You can :
* using free proxy,
Code:
www.freeproxylists.net/ hidemyass.com/proxy-list/

* IPfiltering

* Peerblock
Code:
http://www.peerblock.com/

* Quit public p2p sharing and find any alternative way such private tracker (need someone/relative/acquaintance who know you for invitation)
It's still not that safe since your IP still broadcast, but you get less attention from copyright troll there.

OR

since you already use certain VPN but got caught,

* Totally quit p2p sharing and enjoy your retirement day with what being offer by your downloaded file from your Hard-disk and your local TV station services.

Cheers,
Dovah.

edit :
PS : Cegtek just one of those copyright troll for hire and all they got is circumstancial since everyone and their neighbour can use certain connection with a weak security of wifi.
See bellow news to get some basic idea about patent troll
http://extratorrent.cc/article/3720/patent+trolls+face+more+problems.html
And this for US ISP who involve in six strikes anti piracy system.
http://readwrite.com/2013/03/12/isp-six-strikes-anti-piracy-system-infographic
ozi avatar
Posted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 07:32
Author: SuperAdmin
your infringement letter has nothing to do with this site its your isp tracking torrents by their hash keys
you could have download the same torrent from another site with the same hash key and got the same letter
if copyright holder made complaint to a isp with specific hash key then you will get a letter dont matter which site it came from

you can not hide from your isp even with a seedbox if they are suspicious of illegal activity then will check all incoming/outgoing data by law they have ever right to do that

how do you prevent this from happening again?
you cant do whatever your isp asks you to do like delete the files from your computer
piracy has always been illegal its a chance you take when downloading anything thats illegal

worried about going to prison or paying a huge fine?
simple drop your net down to the lowest price possible if you like browsing the net
and pay monthly bill on a movie/tv package
plenty of companies out there that dont charge any more than your isp monthly bill that allows you to watch
movies/tv current and old for the same price

Post a Reply    

Forum Search

search in post message
  search in topic subject
Forum

Home - Browse Torrents - Upload Torrent - Stat - Forum - FAQ - Login
ExtraTorrent.cc is in compliance with copyrights
BitCoin: 12DiyqsWhENahDzdhdYsRrCw8FPQVcCkcm
Can't load ExtraTorrent? Try our official mirrors: etmirror.com - etproxy.com - extratorrentonline.com - extratorrentlive.com
2006-2017 ExtraTorrent.cc3