XVID DIVX
View Torrent Info: Wolves.At.the.Door.2016.HDRip.XViD-ETRG
View Torrent Info: The.Legend.of.Ben.Hall.2016.BRRip.XViD.AC3-ETRG
View Torrent Info: Cyborg.X.2016.BRRip.XViD-ETRG
View Torrent Info: The.Amityville.Horror.2005.BRRip.XViD-ETRG
Hot torrents
H264 X264
View Torrent Info: Wolves.At.the.Door.2016.720p.WEB-DL.H264.AC3-ETRG
View Torrent Info: The.Legend.of.Ben.Hall.2016.720p.BluRay.x264-ENCOUNTERS[EtHD]
View Torrent Info: Heat (1995) 720p BluRay x264 AC3 Soup
View Torrent Info: Wanted (2008) 720p BluRay x264 DTS Soup
Hot torrents
BluRay, 4k UHD
View Torrent Info: Mine 2017 Bluray 1080p x264 DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: All.We.Had.2016.Multi.1080p.Blu-ray.x264.DTS-HD.5.1-DDR
View Torrent Info: Paterson 2016 Multi BLURAY 1080p x264 DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Rings.2017.Multi.BluRay.1080p.x264.DTS-HD.MA.7.1-DDR
Hot torrents
Television
View Torrent Info: Better.Call.Saul.S03E03.WEB-DL.x264-FUM[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Supergirl.S02E18.WEB-DL.x264-FUM[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Bates.Motel.S05E10.WEB-DL.x264-FUM[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Gotham.S03E15.REPACK.HDTV.x264-KILLERS[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Sing 2016 720p BluRay Hindi DD 5.1 x264-SnowDoN
View Torrent Info: House II : The Second Story (1987) x264 720p UNCUT BluRay Eng Subs {Dual Audio} [Hindi ORG DD 2.0   English 5.1] Exclusive By DREDD
View Torrent Info: Winner (2017) - 1080p - WEBRip - x264 - AC3 - ESub - [DDR]
View Torrent Info: [18 ] The Assignment (1997) UNRATED 720p WEBRip x264 Eng Subs [Dual Audio] [Hindi 2.0 - English 5.1] Exclusive By -=!Dr.STAR!=-
30s
Chat
To add new messages please Login or Register for FREE
Warning! Use a VPN When Downloading Torrents!
Your IP Address is 54.196.5.241.   Location is United States
Your Internet Provider and Government can track your torrent activity!  Hide your IP ADDRESS with a VPN!
ExtraTorrent strongly recommends using Trust.Zone VPN to anonymize your torrenting. It's FREE!
Get VPN Now for FREE!

What are your thoughts about a sharing license? – a quick survey

Post a Reply    Subscribe to Topic    
1, 2  [Next]
Page 1 of 2   [ 30 posts ]
AuthorMessage
No avatar
Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:46
Author:
Hi,
I am a researcher interested in file-sharing and am posting here to ask about your views on the possibility of a sharing license. A sharing license would involve a fee that internet users pay to make file-sharing “legal” and would go towards compensating creators/copyright holders. On this anonymous questionnaire (less than 5 min to complete) you will be asked to provide feedback on this possibility. Whether you agree or not with a sharing license, believe that file-sharing is already legal, or that it will not help anything, you can provide that feedback on the survey. The feedback you provide will be useful because it will help advance our understanding of the topic.

If you are 18 or over and would like to participate and/or would like even more information about the research, please visit the below link where a standard academic consent form, as well as the survey link, can be found.

http://www.apas-network.com/study/sharing/

Thanks your time, if you have any feedback or questions, let me know.
Cheers,

Dr. Marc Milot

PS, this post has been pre-approved by admins via e-mail and the link will be posted soon
snotlob avatar
Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 18:05
Author: Site FriendWarnedET junkieET loverSupermanSunTurtle
you sound like po po
dazpicable avatar
Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 20:11
Author: Site FriendET junkieET loverSunTurtle
snotlob wrote:
you sound like po po
Yurp even your name looks a little bit dibble to me.
SaM avatar
Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 20:49
Author:
SaM
every and any one is welcome to take the survey ..and please guys no funny(u know what) comments
Soup avatar
Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 22:18
Author: ModeratorET loverSupermanSunTurtle
Interesting Survey, I've done mine
No avatar
Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 01:59
Author:
Hi again everyone!
Thank you for your responses so far; and thank you to the ET team for posting this in the announcements section!

Many people have an interest in the legalization of file-sharing via a sharing license which could involve a monthly fee paid by internet users, but there is little research looking into this possibility. In one other survey they found that almost 50% of Americans would agree to paying a small monthly fee to be able to legally download what they want from any site they want, but many questions remained unanswered.

This survey is meant to follow-up on these initial findings and to help look into this possibility in greater detail. Of course, not everyone will agrees with the implementation of a sharing license and I would like to capture that feedback as well. Thus, if you take just a couple minutes to answer the survey you will help contribute to this important topic that has received very little attention.

Thanks!
Marc
No avatar
Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 03:24
Author:
The entertainment industry and ISP's both make BILLION$. P2P sites are great for sharing and previewing what you most likely are going to buy anyway. P2P sites make those industries more money than they care to admit.
19tommy59 avatar
Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 03:33
Author: ModeratorTrue Love
I dont think it is a good idea, people are here at the torrent sites d/ling because they DONT want to pay for the material, if they were asked to pay a fee of anykind and I think it would end up being a monthly thing then they would just sign up for Netflix or other providers, we would lose loads of members and the site owners would lose money in the process,I mean seriously if you had to pay for the torrent d/ls would,nt you rather just spend that money and see the movie in cinemaa? forget about it I say keep things status quo!
Malstrom avatar
Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 05:44
Author: Blocked
I have to agree. Video retailers like Blockbuster and Theatres And actors, musicians and artists have been making money off consumers with little power or choice for many years until the advent of the internet and the arrival of decent bandwidth and data transmission speeds. In my view its about time the playing field was more level.

Imagine the day when a pirate applies for a license, its about time the consumer had some power to choose. Cant tell you how many times i been stuck paying for an entire CD or Album for the few decent tracks on them, cant tell you how many times I was deceived into renting or buying a crap movie that had a stunning advert poster or trailer. Can't tell you how many time I had to buy an operating system, game or program only to find it still had bugs affecting its functionality or completely failed to do what it lead you to believe it would.

No thank you, i think the license idea stinks and defeats the whole purpose of P2P
No avatar
Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:43
Author:
Thank you for the feedback. I do understand that for many of you the idea of a sharing license stinks;, and that it may not resolve anything. This is the goal of the survey, to explore the viewpoints of file-sharers on this possibility.

Some of you noted that you might pirate less or change how you file-share if you had to pay a sharing license, and that is what the survey is meant to measure. No research has actually looked at the possible effects of a sharing license. Further I am inquiring about the possibility of opting-in versus being forced.

What I am seeing on the survey for those reporting being interested in a file-sharing license is that most would agree to pay between 10-20 dollars per month, and in most cases they do not report they would pirate more/less or purchase more/less.

Marc

19tommy59 avatar
Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 18:01
what does opting in do? you can choose if you want to pay or not?how is that going to work? not many people will choose to pay as witnessed by the low numbers donating to sites as it is.
No avatar
Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 21:10
Author:
Hey 19tommy59,
Yes, opting in to a sharing license would mean allowing people to decide for themselves whether they want to pay a monthly fee (for example 10-20 dollars) to make file-sharing legal for themselves. Thus, by paying that license fee, the money would go to creators/copyright holders, and you would be exempt from being charged or prosecuted for downloading materials on torrent sites (for example).

As mentioned in a previous post (see above), in one survey of people from the United States (1000 people), almost half reported an interest in a sharing license. So there is definitely a public interest, assuming the fee would be reasonable. But little is known about how a sharing license would change the way people file-share or buy things, which is what my survey is also looking at.

Also keep in mind that while donations to torrent sites are low, donating does not provide the benefits of a sharing license, such as contributing to creators/copyright holders and protecting you against the trolls/criminal charges.

Thank you for your interest.
Marc
snotlob avatar
Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 22:06
Author: Site FriendWarnedET junkieET loverSupermanSunTurtle
MarcAPAS wrote:
Hey 19tommy59,
Yes, opting in to a sharing license would mean allowing people to decide for themselves whether they want to pay a monthly fee (for example 10-20 dollars) to make file-sharing legal for themselves. Thus, by paying that license fee, the money would go to creators/copyright holders, and you would be exempt from being charged or prosecuted for downloading materials on torrent sites (for example).

As mentioned in a previous post (see above), in one survey of people from the United States (1000 people), almost half reported an interest in a sharing license. So there is definitely a public interest, assuming the fee would be reasonable. But little is known about how a sharing license would change the way people file-share or buy things, which is what my survey is also looking at.

Also keep in mind that while donations to torrent sites are low, donating does not provide the benefits of a sharing license, such as contributing to creators/copyright holders and protecting you against the trolls/criminal charges.

Thank you for your interest.
Marc
so in other words what you are saying is the company or who ever thought of this idea are going to take a sizeable chunk of this money for admins fee's ect and only 10% of that 20$ will go to the artist or who ever!
just sounds like another money making idea to scam people to me and to think SaM's in on this too?
19tommy59 avatar
Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 22:06
Thanks for the rapid response but I guarantee you it would never fly legally, it is tantamount to bribery saying you pay me and I wont prosecute you? it will never fly,imo!!!
No avatar
Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 22:20
Author:
Thanks snotlob and 19tommy59.
No I don't think a company made up the idea of a sharing license. In fact, the industry is against a sharing license as they see it as a competitor to their own commercial products. Some people see a sharing license as a form of compromise to prevent unnecessary regulation of the internet.

Also, it wouldn't necessarily be a government or industry organization that manages the a license program, but an independent organization. The survey asks about all these possibilities.
Thanks, Marc

1, 2  [Next]
Page 1 of 2   [ 30 posts ]

Post a Reply    

Forum Search

search in post message
  search in topic subject
Forum

Home - Browse Torrents - Upload Torrent - Stat - Forum - FAQ - Login
ExtraTorrent.cc is in compliance with copyrights
Can't load ExtraTorrent? Try our official mirrors: etmirror.com - etproxy.com - extratorrentonline.com - extratorrentlive.com
2006-2017 ExtraTorrent.cc4