Hot torrents
H264 X264
View Torrent Info: Vengeance.A.Love.Story.2017.720p.BRRip.x264.AAC-ETRG
View Torrent Info: Moana.2016.BluRay.1080p.DTS.AC3.x264-ETRG
View Torrent Info: Assassins.Creed.2016.BluRay.720p.DTS.AC3.x264-ETRG
View Torrent Info: From.a.House.on.Willow.Street.2016.720p.WEBRip.x264.AAC-ETRG
Hot torrents
BluRay, 4k UHD
View Torrent Info: Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham 2001 Bluray 1080p x264 DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Passengers 2016 Multi UHD BluRay 2160p HEVC HDR10 DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Dont Kill It 2016 BluRay 1080p x264 DTSHD5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Warriors Gate 2016 1080p Bluray x264 DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
Hot torrents
Television
View Torrent Info: The.Walking.Dead.S07E15.WEB-DL.x264-FUM[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Into.the.Badlands.S02E02.WEB-DL.x264-FUM[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Time.After.Time.US.S01E05.HDTV.x264-LOL[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Elementary.S05E18.HDTV.x264-LOL[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna 2006 1080p Bluray x264 DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Yo-Kai Watch Movie (2014) x264 720p BluRay {Dual Audio} [Hindi ORG DD 2.0   Japanese 5.1] Exclusive By DREDD
View Torrent Info: Dil To Pagal Hai 1997 BluRay 1080P x264 DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Ho Mann Jahaan (2016) TVRIP 1CDRIP x264 AAC [DDR]
30s
Chat
To add new messages please Login or Register for FREE
Warning! Protect Yourself from Lawsuits and Fines!
Your IP Address is 54.145.198.123.   Location is United States
Your IP Address is visible to EVERYONE. Hide your IP ADDRESS with a VPN while torrenting!
ExtraTorrent strongly recommends using Trust.Zone VPN to anonymize your torrenting. It's FREE!
Hide my IP address!

What are your thoughts about a sharing license? – a quick survey

Post a Reply    Subscribe to Topic    
[Prev]  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   [ 30 posts ]
AuthorMessage
ozi avatar
Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 23:21
Author: SuperAdmin
MarcAPAS wrote:
Thanks snotlob and 19tommy59.
No I don't think a company made up the idea of a sharing license. In fact, the industry is against a sharing license as they see it as a competitor to their own commercial products. Some people see a sharing license as a form of compromise to prevent unnecessary regulation of the internet.

Also, it wouldn't necessarily be a government or industry organization that manages the a license program, but an independent organization. The survey asks about all these possibilities.
Thanks, Marc

it will never happen
if 1 movies is worth millions the owners/copyright holder will never sell you a license for a couple of dollars

imagine how much more they will loose by selling a license that cheap just to loose more money
movies/music etc.. cost money to make actors/actresses/musicians need to get paid for there jobs
a $20 license to share it on p2p wont even buy 2 meals let alone pay for there bills and lifestyles
then you have your producers,script writers, managers the people that makes these happen how will they get payed?

all the people that say the industry dont loose money because of p2p is a load of bs
it's a paying job some people make money off restaurants some people make money off movie,music
why would any person agree to take on a paying job to give away most of there money

all this idea would do is kill any kind of entertainment we have due to loss of money
try up the price of the license to millions not a couple of dollars then you may get some interest
it might even happen

now a honest reply to this question would be appreciated
is the link to your survey free? or do you get payed per visit?
Gepression avatar
Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 23:47
Author:
Interesting, my little brother was actually telling me about that idea you got.
No avatar
Posted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 00:12
Author:

[/quote]

it will never happen
if 1 movies is worth millions the owners/copyright holder will never sell you a license for a couple of dollars

imagine how much more they will loose by selling a license that cheap just to loose more money
movies/music etc.. cost money to make actors/actresses/musicians need to get paid for there jobs
a $20 license to share it on p2p wont even buy 2 meals let alone pay for there bills and lifestyles
then you have your producers,script writers,mangers the people that makes these happen how will they get payed?

all the people that say the industry dont loose money because of p2p is a load of bs
it's a paying job some people make money off restaurants some people make money off movie,music
why would any person agree to take on a paying job to give away most of there money

all this idea would do is kill any kind of entertainment we have due to loss of money
try up the price of the license to millions not a couple of dollars then you may get some interest
it might even happen

now a honest reply to this question would be appreciated
is the link to your survey free? or do you get payed per visit? [/quote]

Thanks for the feedback. This is a study being conducted by volunteer work and we don't have any funds, nor do we get paid per visit. You can check out some of my other research by googling (you will find a TorrentFreak article): Research Warns Against Overestimated Movie Piracy Losses

You are also assuming that people paying for a sharing license would stop buying content, which may not be the case. Most people on the survey that are in favor of a sharing license actually report that they would not change how much content they pirate or purchase. Thus, some people might simply want a sharing license to contribute a bit more to content creators and/or to not have to worry about having to hide their activity all the time (e.g., with a VPN). The goal of the study is to look into these issues and to write an academic article that is available to everyone; this study is not conducted for industry or anyone, but by people interested in file-sharing and the internet. Please feel free to complete the survey as I am looking to capture all possible opinions.
snotlob avatar
Posted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 01:06
Author: Trusted UploaderSite FriendET junkieET loverSupermanSunTurtle
MarcAPAS wrote:
Thanks snotlob and 19tommy59.
No I don't think a company made up the idea of a sharing license. In fact, the industry is against a sharing license as they see it as a competitor to their own commercial products. Some people see a sharing license as a form of compromise to prevent unnecessary regulation of the internet.

Also, it wouldn't necessarily be a government or industry organization that manages the a license program, but an independent organization. The survey asks about all these possibilities.
Thanks, Marc

this topic begs the age old qeustion.
If i buy a cd or dvd does this become mine...yes
As this is my purchesd cd/dvd does that give me the right to copy it..yes
does this also give me the right to distribute it out....!!!! now thats the grey area pirates are fighting, so to me in a nutshell no to the license for me
Big_A_Little_A avatar
Posted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 21:32
Author: Site FriendSupermanimmortal
OK so I filled in the first part of the survey, and then got told I did not qualify for the survey! Not a very fair and comprehensive survey of the file sharing community, if not all people wanting to participate can not even qualify for the survey!

Anyway, why pay for a licence when we can get the content for free. There is no way putting a licence fee onto P2P/piracy will ever stop it or generate any serious amount of money(which most will go to the licencing companies/admin fess and so on, leving a few cents spare for the artists pocket). PSP/Piracy will just do as it has over the decades and evolve and keep ahead of the game giving us access to free content.

As far as I am aware from other P2P studies/other members of the community/personal experience, the average member of the community spend's more on legitimate music/videos/movies/hardware/accerories and peripheral's than non P2P members, so it seems that we are already supporting the music/entertainment industries more than others do, so why should we pay more for a licence?
AB_T avatar
Posted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 01:10
Author: men
your are right 19tommy59 i agree with you i use torrent sites as i dont have enough money to buy every new blue ray DVDs or games or official music tracks with a bit rate of 320kbps..... and i love free p2p sites
No avatar
Posted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 03:28
Author:

Big_A_Little_A wrote:
OK so I filled in the first part of the survey, and then got told I did not qualify for the survey! Not a very fair and comprehensive survey of the file sharing community, if not all people wanting to participate can not even qualify for the survey!

Anyway, why pay for a licence when we can get the content for free. There is no way putting a licence fee onto P2P/piracy will ever stop it or generate any serious amount of money(which most will go to the licencing companies/admin fess and so on, leving a few cents spare for the artists pocket). PSP/Piracy will just do as it has over the decades and evolve and keep ahead of the game giving us access to free content.

As far as I am aware from other P2P studies/other members of the community/personal experience, the average member of the community spend's more on legitimate music/videos/movies/hardware/accerories and peripheral's than non P2P members, so it seems that we are already supporting the music/entertainment industries more than others do, so why should we pay more for a licence?

Hey Big_A_Little_A,
Thanks for the interest - if your age was reported as not being 18 and over, then you would be disqualified.

You are right that surveys have shown that some file-sharers do spend a lot on legitimate content. Thanks for the feedback - this is exactly what I am trying to capture.
No avatar
Posted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 07:46
Author:
Don't forget that if a file makes it to a P2P someone is buying the thing.
Sharing is no different than watching a movie or tv show or listening to music in your living room full of people. Should we have to charge a friend to watch a movie or so on if they see or hear something new a our houses? I THINK NOT! We pay enough as it is.
No avatar
Posted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:27
Author:

22shanks wrote:
Don't forget that if a file makes it to a P2P someone is buying the thing.
Sharing is no different than watching a movie or tv show or listening to music in your living room full of people. Should we have to charge a friend to watch a movie or so on if they see or hear something new a our houses? I THINK NOT! We pay enough as it is.

Hey 22shanks - thanks for your comments. I noticed many of you posting here are not in favor of a sharing license. That said, don't forget to take the survey so that we can better capture that, or at least take a look at the first link to learn a bit more before deciding. It really only takes a couple minutes and it is anonymous.
Cheerio,
Marc
dazpicable avatar
Posted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 15:40
Author: Site FriendET junkieET loverSunTurtle
Read your article all 29 pages of it.Covers most of the world of cammed torrents and i would tend to agree with the findings in general,however for me it seems the point is being lost, in total i may have watched about 4 cammed films mainly to check on quality.

Most of the people i know on this site would rather amputate a limb with a soggy lettuce leaf than watch a cammed film.With the exception of screeners "about due now" i would rather wait for dvd release.
One of the most pirated films i recall from recent years was Avatar and it grossed the most from any film of that year, and yes i also went to the pictures to see it.The recently released Planet of the Apes film i saw at the pictures and also d/l it,although this is the exception rather than the rule.
Far to expensive to take four of us to the pictures on a regular basis £40 before my ass hits the seats let alone the SAS attempt to get all our drinks and sweets from asda into the screen.It's not like you can get up at the end and declare that was rubbish can i have my money back please?
Hence the reason for so much downloading same applies to music , how much does an artist see from a £10 sale of a dvd i would be suprised if it's more than 30p most of the revenue comes from tours and merchandise sales.
As for a license mmmmmm can't see that working as it would need to be a complete and universally agreed upon deal.How on earth could you broker that and how much would the admin fees be ?? How would that affect the business models of Hula, Netflix etc it does seem like the proposed license is going to become a feeding trough for many. snouts.
Daz.
Big_A_Little_A avatar
Posted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 16:45
Author: Site FriendSupermanimmortal
MarcAPAS wrote:
Hey Big_A_Little_A,
Thanks for the interest - if your age was reported as not being 18 and over, then you would be disqualified.
LOL! way over 18, try doubling that and adding on a bit more(well not far off triple of that)!
snotlob avatar
Posted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 18:11
Author: Trusted UploaderSite FriendET junkieET loverSupermanSunTurtle
Big_A_Little_A wrote:
MarcAPAS wrote:
Hey Big_A_Little_A,
LOL! way over 18, try doubling that and adding on a bit more(well not far off triple of that)!

Big_A is the only scott I know that's lived past 32 and he's from govern so thats a good innings for him
No avatar
Posted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 00:39
Author:
dazpicable – thanks for comments; I am not sure about admin fees, etc.; this is just an exploratory survey for the moment, and such details will be looked at the in future. The idea of a sharing license, I would hope, would be more than a feeding trough for many snouts!

Big_A – that is weird about disqualification then, I contacted the survey company and we are looking into it as there should be no disqualifications unless you reported 18 or under. Thanks!
No avatar
Posted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 20:48
Author:
Hi everyone -
Thanks to everyone who answered the survey and who gave feedback in this thread. Thanks to the admin team for allowing this post and for putting in the announcements section.
Just a note that I will leave the survey open for a little while, so if you come across this thread later you can still take the survey.
Cheers,
Marc
YuTea avatar
Posted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 06:36
Author:
I have completed the survey. I am very curious what the future holds on this matter.
[Prev]  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   [ 30 posts ]

Post a Reply    

Forum Search

search in post message
  search in topic subject
Forum

Home - Browse Torrents - Upload Torrent - Stat - Forum - FAQ - Login
ExtraTorrent.cc is in compliance with copyrights
BitCoin: 12DiyqsWhENahDzdhdYsRrCw8FPQVcCkcm
Can't load ExtraTorrent? Try our official mirrors: etmirror.com - etproxy.com - extratorrentonline.com - extratorrentlive.com
2006-2017 ExtraTorrent.cc6