Hot torrents
H264 X264
View Torrent Info: Moana.2016.BluRay.1080p.DTS.AC3.x264-ETRG
View Torrent Info: Assassins.Creed.2016.BluRay.720p.DTS.AC3.x264-ETRG
View Torrent Info: From.a.House.on.Willow.Street.2016.720p.WEBRip.x264.AAC-ETRG
View Torrent Info: Hidden.Figures.2016.720p.BRRip.x264.AAC-ETRG
Hot torrents
BluRay, 4k UHD
View Torrent Info: Bad Santa-2 2016 Multi UHD 2160p BluRay HEVC HDR DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: The.Chamber.2016.BluRay.1080p.x264.DTSHD5.1-DDR
View Torrent Info: Gladiator 2000 Paramount Re-Issue Blu-ray 1080p x264 DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Resident Evil The Final Chapter 2016 Multi 1080pBluRay x264 DTSHD 7.1 -DDR
Hot torrents
Television
View Torrent Info: Samurai.Jack.S05E03.WEB-DL.x264-FUM[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Ghost.Adventures.S14E01.Stone.Lion.Inn.HDTV.x264-SPASM
View Torrent Info: The.Originals.S04E02.HDTV.x264-KILLERS[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Ransom.S01E11.HDTV.x264-KILLERS[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Kalpana 2 (2016) 720p UNCUT DVDRip x264 Eng Subs [Dual Audio] [Hindi DD 2.0 - Kannada 2.0] Exclusive By -=!Dr.STAR!=-
View Torrent Info: Trapped 2017 1GB DesiPDvD x264 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Phillauri 2017 1GB DesiSCR x264 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Assassins.Creed.2016.1080p.BRRip.x264.Turkish.AC3-ETRG
30s
Chat
To add new messages please Login or Register for FREE
Warning! Protect Yourself from Lawsuits and Fines!
Your IP Address is 54.167.191.50.   Location is United States
Your IP Address is visible to EVERYONE. Hide your IP ADDRESS with a VPN while torrenting!
ExtraTorrent strongly recommends using Trust.Zone VPN to anonymize your torrenting. It's FREE!
Hide my IP address!

Encoders and crap posted

Post a Reply    Subscribe to Topic    
AuthorMessage
reno.99999 avatar
Posted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 03:46
Author:
Wow...I have bit my tongue for a little bit, but it's just getting worse. So before anyone thinks about what they want to say...here's a hint...this is my view, want to flame me send a PM, don't rip the forum up. That being said, what a load of crap that has been being up'ed and not questioned, because of aa, admin, and/or trusted status. For the record I will only be naming three people and myself in this thread, I am not on a witch hunt nor am I trying to call anyone out. Number one, when I learned how to encode, and it has not been that long ago I was told it is only right to include your source and say thanks, which seems simple enough, but is it???? Cam's are great, everyday there is a new one, but no source is ever mentioned. I mean if it's LU's cam, and IMAGINES audio let me know, that way I already know LU's cam was ok and imagines audio was tinny. (i.e. examples) Can you get the picture looking a little better, maybe add some base to the sound...sure, but it's still a turd, polish it all you want if the source sucks then the RE-ENCODE will be just about the same. I know RE_ENCODE has a very negative stigmata attached to it, but it is what it is, you can't change that and hiding it IMO is shitty. If you post a CAM without citing a source, I feel it is in fact a new source, meaning you or someone close to you took a CAM of the movie in question. If you have taken a 1.4gb CAM encode and encoded it, that is a RE-ENCODE and you should state it. When I first started trying to encode movies, I would take a rip and re-rip it, no question I thought that was correct, but that is not. You can take a 700mb rip and re-do it but alas that is a re-encode. For a true DVDRIP you have to take a 4gb file and work it down, then it's yours but you should still be giving credit as to where you got the 4gb file. If you are in fact re-encoding, there is a good chance you are re-re-encoding, because everyone is doing the same thing. I know only do DVDRips, one because I can work with them better, and two because I hate the fook outta cams. There are a few people that are putting up good re-encodes, and enriqo is a great example, he works hard at trying to clean the picture up and also states his/her source. That was number one on my three, I don't think any of the uploaders are trying to dupe viewers, but I just think the grey area has been smudged way to much. Emery, JDubs, Dubby, etc you may or not like his encodes, but if I want to know if a source file is out, all I need to do is ask him. He knows all the rips that are out without even having to look, and I have to give him props for that. OBSCENE I'm sure will be back at some time and like or dislike what he had to say could tell ya the same thing. Anyway those are my three. I also up'ed a SpongeBob that is out of synch halfway through, I admit my fook up and apologize for the mistake, and will upload a new rip as soon as my Disney Songs of the South is up. The fact is I care about what I up, I will do what I can to fix anything that is not quite right. I do not try to rename, re-rip a 10 episode file into 10 singles, re-name and re-work the same cam, etc. Please try and have the same consideration when encoding, if not just re-up stuff you find with the same file name etc. I do not spend my time and my own money to try and up shit, I do it because I like the community I am involved with, and for the most part I like the people, except for that guy in the back in the red shirt....something ain't right there. Anyway, my two bucks, like it or not, you go ahead...I'll be right behind you on the way down the stairs.

r3no
sam_code4u avatar
Posted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 05:26
Author: Trusted UploaderSite FriendET loverSuperman
Totally agreed with r3no.
people are doing re-re-re-re-re-. . . -encode.
dont know why they cant learn how to encode and take a nice source dvd-5 or dvd-9 to encode. It available everywhere and if he/she have his/her own dvd. Then why nt to rip them and up them rather to re-encode others encode.
may god show them real path. . !
i know some on my side too who re-encode. Want to piss them off.
Madd_Skillz avatar
Posted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 06:31
Author: Blocked
i agree with Reno.. its always better to encode YOUR own movie. even tho its a lil late compare to the SCENE releases but its your own movie.. alot of time goes into encoding. some people still dont realize that. and some of you that re-encode might agree with it.. its not the same to download a 700mb file to a 4.5gb then you have to extract the .rar then you have to extraxt the .iso.. then u have to convert the ace audio to mp3. ther alone is already like 4 steps.. then u have to sync the movie.. ETC ETC lmao..

no disrespect to any fellowe Et encoders.. we all start from the bottom.. but you guys should give it a try..
No avatar
Posted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 07:10
always give credit to where credit is due and totaly get you point off weiv there
W1ck3d1nt3ntz avatar
Posted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:52
Author: Site Friend
I'm not exactly sure what angle to tackle with what's being said but I think Madd said it best. If any encoder on the site uploads something please include the source from which it came.

Re-encodes aren't really smiled upon because a trained monkey can do them. Sorry, it's reality. Easy in, easy out and the difference between the re-encodes are minimal. However when a DVDR source is used differences between various encodes are astounding.

Anyways, I don't want to take up alot of space but did want add a brief touch. Hope I didn't offended any up-and-coming encoders. You guys are doing your thing and I respect that. Like Madd said, you've gotta start somewhere. Just always try to boost your game and generate the best quality possible (re-encoding is not the way *wink*wink*).

*Remember, Cite Your Sources. It's Important*

Done, Peace!
Deamastad avatar
Posted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 13:41
Author:
Yes it is always best to encode your own over reencode but if you are doing as some uploaders and re-encode something to reduce the size, to make mp3 or ipod video, then a re-encode is fine. To reencode and call DvD, not so good. Not giving credit or keeping original name of file, not good. But reguardless of where they come from or who did what, thanks to all uploaders/encoders/re-encoders for making ET the biggest torrent database. Just please be respectfull to the torrent community and give credit where credit is due.
No avatar
Posted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 14:32
bluelady wrote:
A good post from RENO, and some valid points made too..and if anybody gets offended at that post, then they got me to deal with as well..
im offended bluelady im rdy for my spanking
No avatar
Posted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 17:34
bluelady wrote:
anything else darlin ?...like a whipping and chains and stuff ?..
I can put on the black leather and the fishnets for ya if you want...or is it French Maids your into ?...heheh !!
hmm bluelady are you my ex girlfreind sicne you know what i like :D what i never mess up the 3 word story :P

Post a Reply    

Forum Search

search in post message
  search in topic subject
Forum

Home - Browse Torrents - Upload Torrent - Stat - Forum - FAQ - Login
ExtraTorrent.cc is in compliance with copyrights
BitCoin: 12DiyqsWhENahDzdhdYsRrCw8FPQVcCkcm
Can't load ExtraTorrent? Try our official mirrors: etmirror.com - etproxy.com - extratorrentonline.com - extratorrentlive.com
2006-2017 ExtraTorrent.cc1