H264 X264
View Torrent Info: Hidden.Figures.2016.720p.BRRip.x264.AAC-ETRG
View Torrent Info: Split.2016.FULL.NEW.SOURCE.1080p.HC.HDTV.x264.AAC-SHOWSCEN
View Torrent Info: Paterson.2016.720p.BRRip.x264.AAC-ETRG
View Torrent Info: Dont.Kill.It.2016.720p.BRRip.x264.AAC-ETRG
Hot torrents
BluRay, 4k UHD
View Torrent Info: The.Chamber.2016.BluRay.1080p.x264.DTSHD5.1-DDR
View Torrent Info: Gladiator 2000 Paramount Re-Issue Blu-ray 1080p x264 DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Resident Evil The Final Chapter 2016 Multi 1080pBluRay x264 DTSHD 7.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Hidden.Figures.2016.1080p.BluRay.x264-GECKOS[EtHD]
Hot torrents
Television
View Torrent Info: The.Originals.S04E02.HDTV.x264-KILLERS[ettv]
View Torrent Info: The.Blacklist.Redemption.S01E05.HDTV.x264-KILLERS[ettv]
View Torrent Info: The.Last.Kingdom.S02E02.HDTV.x264-MTB[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Greys.Anatomy.S13E17.HDTV.x264-LOL[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them 2016 720p BluRay Turkish and English DUAL DD 5.1 x264-aXeL
View Torrent Info: The Salesman (Forushande) 2016 Multi 1080p Blu-ray x264 DTSHD 5.1 MSubs-DDR
View Torrent Info: GANTZ:0 2016 BluRay 1080p x264 JPN DTSHD 5.1 ESub-DDR
View Torrent Info: Pandora.2016.HDRip.XviD.AC3-EVO
30s
Chat
To add new messages please Login or Register for FREE
Warning! Use a VPN When Downloading Torrents!
Your IP Address is 54.211.233.235.   Location is United States
Your Internet Provider and Government can track your torrent activity!  Hide your IP ADDRESS with a VPN!
ExtraTorrent strongly recommends using Trust.Zone VPN to anonymize your torrenting. It's FREE!
Get VPN Now for FREE!

How To Be A Serious Uploader

Post a Reply    Subscribe to Topic    
AuthorMessage
VikTSlick avatar
Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 00:34
Author:
How To Be A Serious Uploader: A Guide With Resources

So you want to be a serious and credible uploader? There are many ways to go about "learning the ropes" about how to upload properly, but it can be a daunting and scary proposition if you've never done it before. The purpose of this guide is to provide some common resources for beginners and veterans of the process alike, as well as providing useful advice for those who wish to really become a serious VIP in the uploading world.

This tutorial is fluid and will evolve considerably as I gain more input. Any feedback is appreciated. Any questions, comments, concerns or criticisms can be posted here or PM'd to me directly and I will consider them carefully. Thank you for your time in reading this. :-)

PART 1: What Are You Going To Upload?

Before you can even begin to think about creating a torrent and posting it here on ExtraTorrent and elsewhere, you should first ask yourself this very vital and important question. Many new uploaders simply spring in action without thought and end up doing more harm than good - and end up with re-tags, dumps, improperly seeded torrents, poor titles and descriptions, bad or infected files, encoding errors, mislabeling, and more. These are few of the potential pitfalls you face when you don't plan ahead and figure out what you are getting into.

The torrent community can always use more excellent uploaders. So, think about the following things:

-What is my niche? What am I good at? - every uploader has a specialty of some sort. That doesn't mean you can't branch out, but you should decide right away what your primary focus will be, then try and milk it for all you can. It will help immensely in the long run if you are successful and instead of the resorting to horrible release groups or other such nonsense to make your name, uploading high quality content in a particular field will get you the RIGHT kind of attention. People tend to notice if you stand out at what you do. Keep that in mind as you move forward - and in TV, Movies, Books, Comics, Music, Applications, Games, Anime or any other major genre, there are also many sub-genres and various specific descriptors to break down the content. Which do you fit into? Which brings me to...

-Look around and learn your scene. - you do not dive into the deep end of a pool before taking a good long look down. Otherwise, you are liable to drown. If you wish to be a scene releaser - there are already many out there. What distinguishes you from them? Investigate. Uploading books? Which ones? What genre? Plenty to choose from, but finding something that is original or unique can be tough. You should really try to learn everything you can about any field beforehand. It's just good common sense and good practice to do so. DON"T BE AFRAID TO ASK ANYONE QUESTIONS, either, as that is how you learn. The worst you can hear is "no", and it rarely hurts to ask. You will be much better off in the long-run, I assure you.

-What are my sources? Are they reliable? - If you already have isolated your specific content AND are creating it originally - 1080p BRRips, for example, or Vinyl FLAC encodes and multipass Calibre conversions of not previously torrented material - then you have a much greater chance at success. Even if you aren't the original creator - in the case of comics scanners or PDF textbooks and such - well, that's okay too. As long as all your content is either originally produced or properly credited, AND ALSO not previously uploaded, you will be good to go.

-Google is your friend. - Seriously, give Google a big hug. Always, always check with Google search and the searchbar on KAT and other sites for what is already out there. Highlighting the COMPLETE filename and searching will yield some hits pretty quickly if it has been posted already. Also, looking for "content name + torrent" tends to work quite well. Same with plugging some names into the searchbar above. Here's a simple example - I came across a book called "Anime Explosion" on mIRC, and wanted to upload it for a friend. But I searched everything as usual and what do you know, someone already got to it. No need for me to post, and he did multiple conversions of the original file. It was also from the same master source (retail EPUB) as what I had located. A simple, ten seconds search saved me time, effort and trouble. It will do the same for you.

PART 2: Creating And Posting Your Uploads And Growing Your Brand

You need to know how to make torrent files and post them on ExtraTorrent, which you will find in this tutorial section as well.
Read that information carefully, as you only gain more knowledge on something you would like to do.

Some things to consider:
-Properly title your files and torrents and NEVER remove another's credit - depending on what you are posting, it could be all your own work or the combination of many others together. Your title should be clear, descriptive, contain as much information as possible, be neat and organized and - MOST IMPORTANTLY - have all the proper sources credited within the title itself. This is not optional; doing otherwise will most likely be looked upon as a form of Re-Tagging, a major no-no in the torrenting world. Similarly, Dumping is also frowned upon.
-You should, however, think about placing a tag on your torrents. - it is a very good idea to mark your work in some way, for a wide variety of reasons. It increases visibility and notoriety, makes things easier to search for, avoids duplication and makes finding copycats super easy. I add {VTS} to my torrent titles and sometimes, the folders themselves. Taking this and the previous bit of info together, you will see this:
The OMAC Project (Infinite Crisis Tie-In) 01-06 + Ex (2005|Minutemen-DarthScanner) {VTS}
...for a comic. Or for a book, perhaps this:
Thank You for Being Such a Pain by Mark Rosen (1999) [EPUB|PDF|MOBI|AZW3] {VTS}
Good titles and good tags make things much easier on the downloader; all required information is there in one glance.

-The better the description, the better the presentation of the torrent - A comprehensive and informative description goes a long way towards making people want to grab your torrent. My favorite book uploaders use ISBN info, full descriptions of the material, reviews culled from various sources, and often also author's information so you know EXACTLY what you are grabbing.
On a similar note...

-Images are key. - good covers, screenshots, anything you can show - do so. If it is XXX, you can link to an image host if it is safe. Whatever you have to include in your description is vital to "selling" your product.

-Try and use a folder and any .nfo, .txt or .opf files if you have them. - folders are not strictly required but they do help immensely for keeping track of downloads and of course if you have multiple files, it is a must. Also you can freely name the folder whatever you wish - but keep in mind that the folder name, not the .torrent filename or the upload title, is what shows up in the downloaders' torrent clients.

PART 3: After Posting Your Uploads: Tips And Advice

-You should use a seedbox. - if you don't own one, buy one. If you can't afford it, or have another issue with obtaining it, then find someone who does have one and can help you out regularly if at all possible. Seedboxing is extremely significant, and for bigger files especially it can alleviate many problems. Everything will be faster and easier to get good ratios. You can avail yourself of the Adopt-An-Uploader resources as well BUT DO NOT ABUSE THEM as there is a limit to how many items you can post.

-Ensure your files are well-seeded, and do not get frustrated if they don't develop a healthy count right away - keep seeding if you can. - it is advisable that if you wish to be a serious uploader, your computer and internet access should probably be available around the clock. If not, that is okay too - but be aware that it is your responsibility to ensure that your torrents are seeded correctly. There is no magic ratio; just do the best you can to keep it going and it is absolutely okay to pause your torrent after a good seed count or ratio develops to free up bandwidth for the next set of uploads. I try and seed to a 100:1 ratio or till I hit 50 seeders if I can, but that is just me and I found that it works for me well - and also I get my stuff auto-indexed to multiple sites, which helps. Speaking of...

-Upload to multiple sites! - this is a MUST. There is no reason not to do this. Many good torrent sites exist and all of them have their advantages and disadvantages, but posting on more than one site ensures greater access for more people, higher visibility once again, greater longevity, more potential seeders - the benefits are huge and the drawbacks are none. The sites you choose can vary but look around for backups because at the very least, it will draw the most folks in.

-Post your torrent wherever you are allowed to do so, and maintain a release thread by yourself or with a group. - you wanted to share something with us, which is admirable - now you need to let people know about it.
If you join a group, you can use their release thread to post your stuff. Be aware of what you are getting into, though, as many new or recent groups tend to ignore or violate the rules and fail quickly. The best of these groups have very high standards of quality and are authored and maintained by Staff, Moderators, Super Users and Verified Uploaders who are all business and no-nonsense. If you have the inclination to join a group, that is what you should aspire to.
In addition to all of the above, I have written about the importance of keeping a high profile of your online persona and why it matters in the past and will transfer that info here as well. :)

-Aim high and go for Verified Uploader status on this site, and its equivalent elsewhere - there are advantages to being a VUL. The same is true of being a VIP or Trusted Uploader on The Pirate Bay or other sites. It is not easy to do but it IS worth the effort.
How do you do it? Just follow these steps, be consistent, and you'll get there. :-)

Yes, it is a lot of information - but it is not hard to follow and I promise that it WILL be in your best interests to take to heart what I have written here. Thanks again for your time and I hope that this was useful to you - and BEST OF LUCK with your uploads on ExtraTorrents and beyond.
The public is eagerly awaiting them... ;-)
Abhi121 avatar
Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 04:58
Author:
Superb tutorial M8 ....
dogsthrobber avatar
Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 13:31
Author: Site FriendET junkieET loverKittymenSunTurtle
like you said vik to upload can be a very daunting task.with the added bonus of a pm link to yourself for guidence will encourage other members to share.thankyou for a very helpfull topic.
ange1 avatar
Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 21:07
Author: ModeratorET lover
Awesome tutorial, thank you :)
VikTSlick avatar
Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 19:56
Author:
Edited. It is my original work, but I had ported and rewritten it from KAT to CrystalTorrents, and then ported it here. Sorry I missed that. :)

You can find the original on KAT written by me with KAT links and such throughout it, expanded.
Big_A_Little_A avatar
Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 22:28
Author: Site FriendSupermanimmortal
VikTSlick wrote:
Edited. It is my original work, but I had ported and rewritten it from KAT to CrystalTorrents, and then ported it here. Sorry I missed that. :)

You can find the original on KAT written by me with KAT links and such throughout it, expanded.
Many thanks fixing it and for sharing it here, will add to the appropriate tutorial index.

Post a Reply    

Forum Search

search in post message
  search in topic subject
Forum

Home - Browse Torrents - Upload Torrent - Stat - Forum - FAQ - Login
ExtraTorrent.cc is in compliance with copyrights
BitCoin: 12DiyqsWhENahDzdhdYsRrCw8FPQVcCkcm
Can't load ExtraTorrent? Try our official mirrors: etmirror.com - etproxy.com - extratorrentonline.com - extratorrentlive.com
2006-2017 ExtraTorrent.cc1