View Torrent Info: Underworld - Blood.Wars.2016.BluRay.720p.DTS.AC3.x264-ETRG
View Torrent Info: Cars.2006.720p.BluRay.x264.AAC-ETRG
View Torrent Info: Sing.2016.BluRay.720p.DTS.AC3.x264-ETRG
Hot torrents
BluRay, 4k UHD
View Torrent Info: Vengeance A Love Story 2017 BluRay 1080p x264 DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Monster.Trucks.2016.1080p.BluRay.x264-DRONES[EtHD]
View Torrent Info: Hidden Figures 2016 Multi 1080p BluRay x264 DTSHD 7.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Passengers 2016 Multi UHD BluRay 2160p HEVC HDR10 DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
Hot torrents
Television
View Torrent Info: Arrow.S05E18.HDTV.x264-LOL[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Survivor.S34E04.HDTV.x264-CROOKS[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Blindspot.S02E17.HDTV.x264-LOL[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Designated.Survivor.S01E14.HDTV.x264-LOL[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Happy New Year 2014 HQ 1080p BluRay x264 DTSHD 5.1 ESub -DDR
View Torrent Info: Hidden Figures 2016 1080p HDLight Urdu DDS 5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Ambuli (2012) x264 720p HDRiP {Dual Audio} [Hindi ORG DD 2.0   Telugu 2.0] Exclusive By DREDD
View Torrent Info: Running Shaadi (2017) DVDRIP 1CDRIP x264 AAC ESub [DDR]
30s
Chat
To add new messages please Login or Register for FREE
Warning! Stop Government from Tracking Your Torrenting!
Your IP Address is 54.205.15.219.   Location is United States
Your Internet Provider and Government can track your internet activity! Hide your IP and LOCATION with a VPN
ExtraTorrent strongly recommends using Trust.Zone VPN to anonymize your torrenting. It's FREE!
HIDE ME NOW

The Pirate Gazette (closed)

[Prev]  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 46, 47  [Next]
Page 11 of 47   [ 691 posts ]
AuthorMessage
Thalestris avatar
Posted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 19:56
Author: Turtle
ginjaninja wrote:
Hi Thalestris, glad you liked the last quote, here is another great one....

No matter where you go or what you do, you live your entire life within the confines of your head. ~Terry Josephson

Hi everybody gHdOO4Y.gif and thanks ange for those 2 trailers. I'm looking forward to seeing "Child 44" as well wGHkwn3.gif And this is a lovely quote again ginjaninja fTl4LcA.gif I hope that you had both a great week end ? 0SUUfVl.gif

For my part, just too busy really, so I didn't have much time to browse the internet unfortunately, so today will be a token gesture... to wish you all a great start of the week and a great summer !

x4rqmfll.jpg

Wiltshire, UK
Revellers watch the sunrise as they celebrate the summer solstice at Stonehenge
Photograph: Niklas Halle'n/AFP/Getty Images

A solstice is an astronomical event that occurs twice each year as the Sun reaches its highest or lowest excursion relative to the celestial equator on the celestial sphere. The solstices, together with the equinoxes, are connected with the seasons. In many cultures the solstices mark either the beginning or the midpoint of winter and summer.

The word solstice is derived from the Latin sol (sun) and sistere (to stand still), because at the solstices, the Sun stands still in declination; that is, the seasonal movement of the Sun's path (as seen from Earth) comes to a stop before reversing direction.

At latitudes in the temperate zone, the summer solstice marks the day when the sun appears highest in the sky. However, in the tropics, the sun appears directly overhead (called the subsolar point) some days (or even months) before the solstice and again after the solstice, which means the subsolar point occurs twice each year.

The term solstice can also be used in a broader sense, as the date (day) when this occurs. The day of the solstice is either the longest day of the year (in summer) or the shortest day of the year (in winter) for any place outside of the tropics.

The term solstice can also be used in a wider sense, as the date (day) that such a passage happens. The solstices, together with the equinoxes, are connected with the seasons. In some languages they are considered to start or separate the seasons; in others they are considered to be centre points (in England, in the Northern Hemisphere, for example, the period around the northern solstice is known as midsummer, and Midsummer's Day is 24 June, about three days after the solstice itself). Similarly 25 December is the start of the Christmas celebration, and is the day the Sun begins to return to the Northern Hemisphere.

Many cultures celebrate various combinations of the winter and summer solstices, the equinoxes, and the midpoints between them, leading to various holidays arising around these events. For the southern solstice, Christmas is the most popular holiday to have arisen. In addition, Yalda, Saturnalia, Karachun, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa and Yule (see winter solstice for more) are also celebrated around this time. For the northern solstice, Christian cultures celebrate the feast of St. John from June 23 to 24 (see St. John's Eve, Ivan Kupala Day, Midsummer), while Neopagans observe Midsummer, also known as Litha. For the vernal (spring) equinox, several spring-time festivals are celebrated, such as the Persian Nowruz, the observance in Judaism of Passover and in most Christian churches of Easter. The autumnal equinox has also given rise to various holidays, such as the Jewish holiday of Sukkot. At the midpoints between these four solar events, cross-quarter days are celebrated.

In the southern tip of South America, the Mapuche people celebrate We Tripantu (the New Year) a few days after the northern solstice, on June 24. Further north, the Atacama people formerly celebrated this date with a noise festival, to call the Sun back. Further east, the Aymara people celebrate their New Year on June 21. A celebration occurs at sunrise, when the sun shines directly through the Gate of the Sun in Tiwanaku. Other Aymara New Year feasts occur throughout Bolivia, including at the site of El Fuerte de Samaipata.

In many cultures, the solstices and equinoxes traditionally determine the midpoint of the seasons, which can be seen in the celebrations called midsummer and midwinter. In this vein, the Japanese celebrate the start of each season with an occurrence known as Setsubun. The cumulative cooling and warming that result from the tilt of the planet become most pronounced after the solstices, leading to the more recent custom of using them to mark the beginning of summer and winter in most countries of Central and Northern Europe, as well as in Canada, the USA and New Zealand.

In the Hindu calendar, two sidereal solstices are named Makara Sankranti which marks the start of Uttarayana and Karka Sankranti which marks the start of Dakshinayana. The former occurs around January 14 each year, while the latter occurs around July 14 each year. These mark the movement of the Sun along a sidereally fixed zodiac (precession is ignored) into Makara, the zodiacal sign which corresponds with Capricorn, and into Karkat, the zodiacal sign which corresponds with Cancer, respectively.

and my quote for today :

"Summer afternoon, summer afternoon, to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." Henry James.
Big_A_Little_A avatar
Posted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 23:21
Author: Site FriendSupermanimmortal
Ah the memories of the free festivals at the henge, thi '85 when the wicked bitch banned the festival set up road blocks, and sent over 1000 coppers in to move 500-600 festival goer and resulted in the battle of beanfield, with fabricated shit by the polis and nearly everyone arrested at somepoint!

ginjaninja avatar
Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 14:51
Author:
Hi Thalestris,
That's a great quote by Henry James,it makes me think of school holidays as a kid, awesome memories. probably two of the worst words in the english language are MOIST SEEPAGE lol.
Here is another gem i found.....

The charm of history and its enigmatic lesson consist in the fact that, from age to age, nothing changes and yet everything is completely different. ~Aldous Huxley
Thalestris avatar
Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 17:09
ginjaninja wrote:
Hi Thalestris,
That's a great quote by Henry James,it makes me think of school holidays as a kid, awesome memories. probably two of the worst words in the english language are MOIST SEEPAGE lol.
Here is another gem i found.....

The charm of history and its enigmatic lesson consist in the fact that, from age to age, nothing changes and yet everything is completely different. ~Aldous Huxley

Hi everybody gHdOO4Y.gif and thanks Big A Little A for telling us about that story, as we had the same crap happening in France, but a tiny bit later in the 90s with the rave parties... It did kill the whole vibe and techno was back in clubs afterwards... And hi there ginjaninja and thanks for that new quote wGHkwn3.gif I actually didn't know it fTl4LcA.gif

And today ? Well nothing much really.. I'm just lazy so .. just, bye now ! And you all take care 2AtoAqI.gif Ok, more seriously, I've invited a few members of the Muppets to join us and I'll talk about Chinese culinary taste, and then , it will be all about music ... some trailers and videos.

QYAOvjz.gif

The Yulin dog meat festival is facing an increasing backlash from within China, after years of international criticism.

About 10,000 dogs are likely to slaughtered during this year’s event, which got underway on Sunday and marks the summer solstice in the town in south-west China.

Dog meat is considered a delicacy in some parts of China but there is increasing opposition to the practice as dogs have become popular pets among China’s growing middle class, particularly in affluent cities.

While the festival has been a focus of international outcry in previous years, opposition is growing in China, with a number of celebrities including actor Fan Bingbing adding their voices to an online campaign. Fan features in a video with a number of other celebrities holding signs saying: “Dogs are our friends, please don’t hurt them.”

Apparently concerned about the adverse publicity, Yulin’s local government has distanced itself from the festival, which has been running since 1995. Earlier this month, it announced that there was no official dog meat festival and that it was something that had spread among some traders and local people.

Yulin residents claim that the festival and the practice of eating dog meat is a local tradition and that the dogs are not killed in an inhumane way. However, activists say the dogs are transported to Yulin from all over China and are often domestic animals that have been stolen. Photos circulating online showed hundreds of dogs squeezed into tiny cages and dead animals being butchered on the pavement.

A small number of Chinese animal activists have travelled to Yulin in an attempt to save dogs from ending up on plates. One particularly determined dog lover is reported to have bought 100 dogs from traders. Yang Xiaoyun travelled from Tianjin in northern China to Yulin and bought the dogs for 7,000 yuan (£711), according to local media reports.

Last year, Yang bought 360 dogs. She says she intends to set up a home to look after the dogs. “Eating dog meat is their local custom. I don’t want to change that, I only wish I can influence them by what I am doing,” Yang was quoted as saying by Fa Zhi Wan Bao, a Beijing-based news website.

An AFP photographer at the scene said that about 10 animal rights activists unfurled banners outside the Yulin government headquarters before a group of 20 unidentified men came and chased them off.

6PJuZYV.gif

Amy :A documentary on the late singer-songwriter Amy Winehouse, who died of alcohol poisoning in 2011.
Director: Asif Kapadia, Cast: Yasiin Bey, Amy Winehouse, Mark Ronson, 2015, Documentary.

What Happened, Miss Simone? A documentary about the life and legend Nina Simone, an American singer, pianist, and civil rights activist labeled the "High Priestess of Soul."Director: Liz Garbus, Cast: Elisabeth Henry-Macari, 2015, Documentary.

The End of the Tour : A magazine reporter recounts his travels and conversations with author David Foster Wallace during a promotional book tour. Director: James Ponsoldt, Writers: Donald Margulies (screenplay), David Lipsky (book), Cast: Anna Chlumsky, Jesse Eisenberg, Jason Segel, 2015, Drama.

Love & Mercy : In the 1960s, Beach Boys leader Brian Wilson struggles with emerging psychosis as he attempts to craft his avant-garde pop masterpiece. In the 1980s, he is a broken, confused man under the 24-hour watch of shady therapist Dr. Eugene Landy. Director: Bill Pohlad, Writers: Oren Moverman, Michael A. Lerner (as Michael Alan Lerner) , Cast: John Cusack, Paul Dano, Elizabeth Banks, 2014, Drama.

bxEy7i5.gif

Wolf Alice : Album : My Love Is Cool. (Released: 23/06/15.)

The Orb: Album: Moonbuilding 2703 AD released today. (Kompakt.)

Wishing you all a great Monday , evening, morning .. eiyBpxO.gif

Thalestris avatar
Posted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 18:10
Hi everybody gHdOO4Y.gif well I just had a power outage, and lost my previous post so I'd better make it quick before it happens again.. I just spotted a few articles and only one movie trailer. Things might slow down a bit from now on with the summer holiday..

b8hcVgol.png

A lamb born with a jellyfish gene was mistakenly sold for human consumption and probably ended up on someone’s plate, French authorities have said.

French authorities say a dispute between researchers at a highly respected national institute may have been behind the animal being deliberately sent to the abattoir last year.

Police have now been called in and an inquiry launched into how the lamb could have been passed off as fit for human consumption.

Le Parisien newspaper reported that the animal’s mother was a sheep called Emeraude whose DNA had been modified to include a jellyfish gene called Green Fluorescent Protein (GRP) by researchers at the National Institute for Agronomic Research (INRA). Her lamb, Rubis, was born with the gene in the spring of 2014.

The protein was intended to make the animal’s skin transparent and was being looked at for its application to the treatment of heart disease in humans.

Although produced for research purposes, Rubis was allegedly deliberately mixed with several other lambs that had not been genetically modified and sent to an abattoir.

The president of the INRA, Benoît Malpaux, described the apparently “malicious act” as unacceptable, but was quick to reassure the public that there was no risk to humans.

“The consumption of this meat presents no risk for the health for the consumer,” Malpaux said.

“We are sure that individual acts that are unacceptable were committed … followed by a chain of errors and responsibilities within the hierarchy.”

In what could have been the plot of a science fiction film, Emeraude and Rubis were reportedly part of a programme called Green Sheep launched in 2009 aimed at carrying out experiments on mammals for “therapeutic research”. The jelly fish protein was reportedly introduced into the ovines to make their skin transparent and enable researchers to “visualise and study heart transplants”.

Investigators suspect a researcher may have tricked his superior into signing a document sending the animal to the abattoir where it was sold to an unknown individual in November 2014.

When the the team leader discovered he had been deceived he then failed to report the missing animal to his bosses. Working relations between the two men were said to have been tense.

Malpaux said a laboratory technician had been provisionally suspended and will face a disciplinary hearing in July.

“We don’t know his motive or aim precisely, but the atmosphere within the team could be behind this behaviour,” Malraux added.

“The facts are unacceptable and call for the greatest severity. We are a world renowned institute and we cannot tolerate such actions.”

LGBT people in Britain’s rural towns and villages are being bullied relentlessly because of their sexuality, leaving some too scared to leave the house, according to an expert in hate crime.

Stevie-Jade Hardy, a lecturer at the University of Leicester’s Centre for Hate Studies and the author of a report on hate crime, said harassment and verbal abuse was an everyday reality for many lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people.

She said LGBT people were being left “lonely and isolated with nowhere to turn”, but many did not report hate crimes because they feared that the police would not take them seriously or that they would be “outed” to their families.

“There were quite a few who mentioned being targeted by young people in their area,” Hardy said. “People would graffiti their house or cause criminal damage, young people when they walked down the street would verbally abuse them, call them derogatory names, and often it would start to escalate.

“If something was done about it, then they found that sometimes the instances got worse and those young people were targeting them more frequently. But it tended to be those more everyday experiences that are incredibly difficult to deal with – that drip-drip effect.”

Hardy pointed to national figures that suggest eight in 10 LGBT people have been verbally abused or harassed and one in 10 has been physically assaulted. She said LGBT people felt they were more likely to be the victim of hate crime if they were “noticeably different”, potentially making those in villages particularly vulnerable.

“Within rural locations those differences are maybe magnified, and so young people will often target someone who they see as being different in that context. People are actually scared to go out into their garden to enjoy the sun; some people had taken some practical steps like having CCTV put into their house.

“It can be really damaging, particularly in the rural locations it tended to be older LGBT people as well. And so there isn’t often that community or that group you can go to to access support. That was a big issue, just feeling lonely and isolated and that there is nowhere to turn.”

Hardy said 44 of the 50 people she had spoken to for her report – LGB&T Crime Reporting: Identifying Barriers and Solutions – had been a victim of a hate crime.

She said about 35,000 cases of hate crime against LGBT people went unreported each year. In 2012-13, 4,267 incidents were recorded by police. The Crime Survey for England and Wales showed 39,000 homophobic hate incidents over the same period.

The Equality and Human Rights Commission is launching a campaign to encourage people to report abuse.

Its deputy chair, Caroline Waters, said it was unacceptable that the LGBT community “still face such persistent prejudice, abuse and discrimination”.

She said: “We are a country with proud traditions of tolerance and respect but we must not let important progress in areas such as same-sex marriage mask the acute and continuing challenges that still remain.

“Researchers in today’s report were told of victims’ fear of not being taken seriously, how they were scared of being ‘outed’ and suspicion and distrust of the authorities. We must all redouble our efforts, and work together to give LGBT communities a stronger voice and put an end to the hatred that is a blight on modern society.”

Paul Roberts, the chief executive of the LGBT Consortium, said: “LGBT communities are already working with the police to remove barriers to reporting, and offer practical and emotional support. However, too often LGBT people don’t know they are experiencing hate crime or just shrug it off.

“Collectively, we are saying it is time to move on from this. Our message today is recognise hate crime when it happens, report it, and get support when you need it.”

The equalities minister, Nicky Morgan, said: “The EHRC has my full support in its campaign to encourage LGB&T people to report hate crimes to the relevant authorities, and they deserve to know that when they report these abhorrent crimes they will be taken seriously and dealt with fairly.”

Into the Grizzly Maze: Two estranged brothers reunite at their childhood home in the Alaskan wild. They set out on a two-day hike and are stalked by an unrelenting grizzly bear. Director: David Hackl, Writers: Guy Moshe (screenplay), J.R. Reher (screenplay), Cast: James Marsden, Michaela McManus, Piper Perabo, 2014,Horror.

and just a little extra , for the beauty of it :

Wishing you all a great Tuesday evening, morning.. JHx33tT.gif

ginjaninja avatar
Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:25
Author:
Hi Thalestris,
nice to know ive offered up something new for you, here is another......

often the man with an empty wallet and full heart is richer than the man with the full wallet and empty heart. Ginjaninja
Thalestris avatar
Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 17:38
ginjaninja wrote:
Hi Thalestris,
nice to know ive offered up something new for you, here is another......
often the man with an empty wallet and full heart is richer than the man with the full wallet and empty heart. Ginjaninja

Hi Ginjaninja gHdOO4Y.gif yes indeed, so true, it makes me think about that one now :

“What Is Love? I have met in the streets a very poor young man who was in love. His hat was old, his coat worn, the water passed through his shoes and the stars through his soul” (Victor Hugo)

So how is everybody today apart from that ? Felling good I hope ?

Yesterday I was saying that I wouldn't find trailers anymore, well, I was wrong, I've found a few today.. And some articles as well, I do try to surprise you all a little bit, so I won't talk about that guy who is obsessed by Hitler's stuff.. nor Wikileaks revelations that the US National Security Agency (NSA) had spied on three presidents – Jacques Chirac, Nicolas Sarkozy and Hollande – caused outrage and indignation in France and prompted Hollande to call an emergency defence council meeting on Wednesday morning... Sometimes, I wonder if they all think that we are idiots or what, like we don't know that they aren't spying on each other constantly.. !!

Armenia : Up on barricades during a rally on 23 June, Armenians show their fury at the decision of the electricity network to increase tariffs by up to 22%, Protesters call for new ‘day of action’ after thousands take to the streets to denounce fuel price hikes and police violence.

cRJFaNnl.jpg

A protestor’s defiance in the face of water cannon – an image which has been widely shared on social media using #ElectricYerevan -Photograph: Photolure News Agency/Photolure News Agency/Demotix/Corbis

R6jdndql.jpg

Demonstrators sit on the pavement in front of a line of riot police in the capital. The protests began on 20 June, with an estimated 6,000 taking to the streets yesterday- Photograph: AFP/Getty Images

T0HxhODl.jpg

The ‘No to Plunder’ group sparked the protests on 20 June in the centre of Yerevan, according to Armenian news site News.am- Photograph: Stringer/Reuters

Delhi’s appalling pollution has prompted fears that millions of youngsters will suffer serious health problems later in life

A survey released last year by the World Health Organisation found that Delhi was the most polluted city in the world, with an annual average of 153 micrograms of the most dangerous small particulates, known as PM2.5s, per cubic metre.
The level was six times the WHO’s recommended maximum, 12 times US standards and more than twice the level considered safe even by Indian authorities. During winter, when lower temperatures and fires intensify the pollution, concentrations of PM2.5s routinely spike much higher, regularly reaching levels described by experts as hazardous for humans.

There are now fears that millions of children in India will suffer serious health problems later in life.

“If you look at lung function in children [here], there is significant decline with constant exposure. This will probably be irreversible. For adults, there is also a more rapid decline than usual with age. Some suggest it is the equivalent of smoking around 10 cigarettes per day. There is also a higher chance of developing coronary and arterial disease,” says Dr Guleria, a lung specialist at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences.

The WHO found that India has the world’s highest rate of death from respiratory disease, with 159 per 100,000 in 2012, about 10 times that of Italy, five times that of the UK and twice that of China. One study found that half of Delhi’s 4.4 million schoolchildren would never recover full lung capacity.

Much depends on levels of exposure, which means that children, who in India often cycle or walk to school along busy roads, receive extremely high doses of toxic chemicals and damaging particulates. Daily levels in schools are four times worse than those that are supposed to trigger alerts in London.

Environmentalists say between 40% and 50% of the dangerous PM2.5 particulates in Delhi are caused by vehicles. The figures have been challenged by the car industry. One major problem, all admit, is the 70,000 trucks which drive through the city every night on long-distance journeys. A plan to build a bypass has been repeatedly delayed.

A new metro has barely made an impact, experts say, as almost all those who use it were previously using buses or bicycles, not cars.

“Clean air is a human right,” Prakash Javadekar, the environment minister, said earlier this year.

The problem is not restricted to the capital. According to the WHO, 13 of the dirtiest 20 cities in the world are in India.

Medical experts fear a failure to act rapidly could be costly in the long run. “We have a very young population currently being exposed [to severe pollution] and they will have very significant health problems in 15 to 20 years’ time. We are just looking at this in terms of short-term economic growth. The health cost has been forgotten,” says Guleria, the lung specialist.

Macbeth: Macbeth, a duke of Scotland, receives a prophecy from a trio of witches that one day he will become King of Scotland. Consumed by ambition and spurred to action by his wife, Macbeth murders his king and takes the throne for himself. Director: Justin Kurzel, Writers: Jacob Koskoff (screenplay), Michael Lesslie (screenplay), Cast: Michael Fassbender, Marion Cotillard, Jack Reynor, David Thewlis, 2015, Drama.

Hitman Agent 47 : An assassin teams up with a woman to help her find her father and uncover the mysteries of her ancestry.Director: Aleksander Bach, Writers: Michael Finch, Skip Woods, Cast: Zachary Quinto, Rupert Friend, Ciarán Hinds, 2015, Action.

Meet Me in Montenegro : A comedy centered on a failed American writer who enters into an affair after a chance encounter with a European dancer.Directors: Alex Holdridge, Linnea Saasen, Writers: Linnea Saasen (screenplay), Alex Holdridge (screenplay), Cast: Alex Holdridge, Linnea Saasen, Rupert Friend, 2014, Comedy, Romance.

Wishing you all a great Wednesday, and a special hi to the lucky ones who are attending Glastonbury Festival .. I just had a look at the line up .. Oh my !! Have fun !! And I'm sending some sunshine there as well .. wGHkwn3.gifnY7FLdT.gif
Abhi121 avatar
Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 04:22
Author:
I guess i missed a lot of thing while i was out ... but it feels great to be back ,,, and yes those were very nice trailers and stories ...
Each one of us has our own evolution of life, and each one of us goes through different tests which are unique and challenging. But certain things are common. And we do learn things from each others experience. On a spiritual journey, we all have the same destination. - A. R. Rahman
ginjaninja avatar
Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 14:47
Author:
Hey Thalestris,
i love that last quote, its so true that we can have nothing yet posses everything we require to nourish our souls, here is another tasty morsel for you to chew on...........

I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge. That myth is more potent than history. That dreams are more powerful than facts. That hope always triumphs over experience. That laughter is the only cure for grief. And I believe that love is stronger than death.
Robert Fulghum

Thalestris avatar
Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 18:26
Hi Abhi & Ginjaninja gHdOO4Y.gif and thanks for the quotes and since you're both talking about life & experience so I'll say this one and wishing you both a great Friday wGHkwn3.gif:

"You can't help it. An artist's duty, as far as I'm concerned, is to reflect the times"
(Nina Simone)

As for today, a few pics, an article about psychology for a change and a few trailers.

O3RcLzwl.jpg

Tel Abyad, Syria
Civilians, who were wounded by what activists said was violence caused by Islamic State fighters in Kobani, wait with their relatives to cross into Turkey at the Syrian-Turkish border. Syrian state television said on Thursday that Islamic State fighters who carried out a deadly assault on the predominantly Kurdish border town of Kobani had entered Syria from Turkey
Photograph: Reuters

A5NB9Nvl.jpg

Tehran, Iran
A child looks on as Iranian mourners attend the funeral of Mohammad Hamidi, Hasan Ghafari and Ali Amrai, all three members of the Islamic Republic’s Revolutionary Guards reportedly killed in Syria fighting against the Islamic State jihadis
Photograph: Atta Kenare/AFP/Getty Images

RyKXtJXl.jpg

Pucon, Chile
Lava erupts from the Villarrica volcano
Photograph: Andres Stapff/Reuters

While many may envisage the life of a touring musician to be that of a glorified jetsetter, the reality is far from idyllic. A recent study by charity Help Musicians UK found that over 60% of musicians have suffered from depression or other psychological issues, with touring an issue for 71% of respondents.

Singer Alanna McArdle recently announced her departure from Cardiff punk band Joanna Gruesome for mental health reasons, her statement hinting that the strain of touring may have been a factor in her decision to quit.And when Zayn Malik broke the hearts of millions by pulling out of One Direction’s tour of Asia – leaving the boy band shortly after – a source close to the band told the tabloid press: “Zayn went because he’d had enough. Have you ever been on the road for four years? ”

“The classic image of a touring musician would seem counterintuitive to all we know about well-being,” says Isabella Goldie of the Mental Health Foundation. “Drinking in moderation, avoiding drugs, getting sufficient amounts of sleep, and having a support base of close friends and family nearby. These are the bonds that help keep you grounded ... It’s no surprise that some musicians struggle.”

“Ninety-nine per cent of touring is the airports, the hotels, sitting in a metal tube for up to 16 hours at a time,” says Grammy-nominated producer Mat Zo (real name Matan Zohar). “It’s easy to let your mind and body slip into decay, even for a person with a healthy emotional state. For those with anxiety, hotel rooms are like prison cells.”

Meredith Graves, of Syracuse punk outfit Perfect Pussy, agrees: “We’re the luckiest people in the world to be able to do this; but that doesn’t mean it’s not hard. It’s psychologically taxing,” she says. “Being confined to the van for a 10-hour drive … You can’t sleep, you can’t move, you can’t do anything. It’s like a recipe for a breakdown for me.”

For many, the contrast between the highs of a successful show and the anti-climactic low that often follows can be hard to adjust to, a phenomenon that has been termed “post-performance depression’, or PPD. Mental health professional John C Buckner writes: “When the body experiences major shifts in mood, it is flooded with several different neurotransmitters, resulting in a biochemical release that leads to a feeling of ecstasy. After these moments the nervous system needs time to recalibrate itself to prepare for another release. After an exciting performance the body starts to balance out the level of neurotransmitters, and therefore it is not releasing the same level that caused the exciting feelings, resulting in the lingering sadness. In normal day-to-day life, biochemicals are released and rest/recovery follow, causing the typical ups and downs of life. In the case of PPD, the process is more extreme with higher highs and lower lows.”

Goldie agrees: “Musicianship remains one of the most exalted job roles and each live performance can provide a real high which can be hard to adjust to – especially when the elevated status that musicians receive is suddenly lost.”

“Touring can be destructive on a musician, it was destructive on me, that’s for sure,” former XL Recordings artist Willis Earl Beal tells meover the phone from his home in Washington State. “I’d come home from tour, and I’m back to feeding the cat. My wife at the time – I don’t have a wife now – worked 12-hour shifts , so I was cooking the dinner all that sort of shit. There was a lot of tension, because I’m thinking to myself, ‘I don’t deserve this, I’m a big star’ and that was one of the contributing factors in ending my marriage. This fucking career, the striving towards something that never existed and doesn’t exist.”

A breakdown of personal relationships is common, with many musicians feeling alienated from loved ones back home. Kate Nash, who rose to fame while still in her teens, says that the contrast between her life and that of her friends was hard to get her head around. “I was still living in a tiny bedroom at my parent’s house. Your friends are studying and you’re doing something very different. Even though that’s exciting, you can feel lost. You’re young and you’re not taking a normal path.”

Zohar agrees: “Relationships are compromised, partly because it becomes difficult to relate to people with a more stable lifestyle. Your problems and cares become radically different to the other people in your life.”

For some, however stressful and chaotic touring can be, it is preferable to daily life at home. “Touring institutionalises you and it can make normal life feel mundane,” says Vaccines singer Justin Young, recently returned from a handful of dates in the US. “You end up with a lot of expectations from life that aren’t always fulfilled in everyday tasks like going down the shops for a pint of milk or even going for dinner with friends. It’s hard to replace all that adrenaline.”

These sentiments are echoed by Nash: “When you’re on tour, you know exactly what you’re doing and what’s required of you. There’s a routine. It’s tangible what you stand for because it’s right in front of you. You come off tour and you’re like, ‘Fucking hell what is the point? What am I doing with my life?’”

But is treating touring as escapism healthy in the long-term? Isabella Goldiesays: “Life on the road can be exhilarating but it is vital that the musician has a place to call home, a place where he or she belongs.”

Many of those surveyed by Help Musicians were reluctant to seek help. One anonymous artist said: “I feel guilty asking for help with something I should be able to deal with given the issues in question are part and parcel of the career path I’ve chosen.” But Nash says it’s important to know when to take a break. “I think I was probably overworked,” she says, reflecting on her early career. “I was doing huge tours and having two days off and then going out again. It burned me out.”

Is it viable, however, for an artist that isn’t Daft Punk to simply not tour? Beal, for one, thinks not. “If I could just stay home and record, I would, but it’s not financially feasible for a musician to do so these days.”

A cruel reality then, but is the music industry waking up to the strain it may be inflicting on its own artists? “I hope so,” says Nash. “When you’re young, people tell you that if you don’t do something it’s the end of your career. But it’s not. People are fragile. Our brains are fragile and you can only abuse them for so long. The sad thing is that some people can’t take themselves out of these situations. That’s when it is a manager’s responsibility to go ‘Hey, I think we need to take a break.’”

Nash says that the internet has had a positive effect, in giving younger musicians more control of their own careers. I suggest that social media also means today’s audiences see artists more as human beings – and are therefore more understanding when they cancel a show. Nash agrees: “I’ve seen fans be really loving if that happens, saying, ‘The most important thing is your health. We just want you to get better.’

I would like to think that an artist’s mental health is taken into consideration more now,” says Nash. “We’ve had enough people die, quite frankly.

An Amur tiger leaps to freedom after being given a new home in a mountainous region of east Russia. The tiger, named Uporny, was captured in November 2014 after being identified as a 'conflict' tiger. He was living in an area deplete of prey and had killed dogs to survive. Uporny's new home has a good supply of prey — and is home to a female Amur tiger

Self/ Less : An extremely wealthy man, dying from cancer, undergoes a radical medical procedure that transfers his consciousness into the body of a healthy young man. But all is not as it seems when he starts to uncover the mystery of the body's origin and the organization that will kill to protect its cause.
Director: Tarsem Singh, Writers: David Pastor (screenplay), Àlex Pastor (screenplay), Cast: Ryan Reynolds, Matthew Goode, Ben Kingsley, 2015, Sci-Fi.

Sleeping with Other People: A good-natured womanizer and a serial cheater form a platonic relationship that helps reform them in ways, while a mutual attraction sets in. Director: Leslye Headland, Writer: Leslye Headland, Cast: Natasha Lyonne, Alison Brie, Adam Scott, 2015, Comedy.

Wishing you all a great Thursday and probably Friday for some of you already ! Q2OFwQ5.gif
Thalestris avatar
Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 17:08
What a strange day.. This morning , I was thinking about something fun for today's post, like a "Glastonbury special "or something.. And in my car, I heard on the radio :

"A decapitated body with a message written on it was found at the scene in Saint-Quentin-Fallavier, near Lyon (Isère-France) in the south-east of the country. Various reports identified the dead man as the manager of a transport firm, whose company often made deliveries to the Air Products factory.A suspected attacker arrested at the scene worked for the dead man’s company, according to a series of reports. the suspect’s identity had yet to be confirmed, but he was thought to be called Yessim Salim."

and this afternoon :

That second attack in Tunisia this time :

At least 37 people have been killed in a gun attack on a beach in front of hotels in the Tunisian resort of Sousse, in the country’s bloodiest day since the 2010 revolution.

Tunisia’s health ministry said the dead include British, German and Belgian tourists, as well as Tunisians. An Irish woman is also understood to be among the victims. Tunisia’s interior ministry said 36 people had been injured.

Witnesses reported that gunmen opened fire on the beach between the Soviva and Imperial Marhaba hotels. Officials said one gunman had been shot dead but there are unconfirmed reports that another may be on the run.

Tunisia’s interior ministry spokesman Mohammed Ali Aroui described the attack as terrorism."

and also :

"Islamic State claims responsibility for deadly blast at Kuwait City mosque
Attack inside Imam Sadiq mosque during Friday prayers kills at least 25."

A posting on a Twitter account known to belong to Isis said the attack was carried out by a suicide bomber wearing an explosive belt. The attack was claimed by an Isis affiliate calling itself the Najd Province, the same group that claimed a pair of bombing attacks on Shia mosques in Saudi Arabia in recent weeks.
Friday’s explosion struck the Imam Sadiq mosque in the neighbourhood of al-Sawabir, a residential and shopping district of Kuwait City. Kuwait’s interior ministry said at least 25 people had died and more than 200 people were injured.

So today, my thoughts go to the families and friends of the victims and to all our ET Tunisian friends and to all the French ET friends as well and ET friends in Kuwait. It is a sad day again for all of us, but no, we won't be afraid ! And they won't succeed in dividing us all ! I've never been to Tunisia, but I remember my best friend who was in love with this country and the people.

dWby3fW.jpg

"Nonviolence is a weapon of the strong" (Mahatma Gandhi- The Words of Gandhi.

but I was saying that it was a strange day, because this happened also. Some great news really :

4nUfpmZ.jpg

Same-sex marriages are now legal across the entirety of the United States after a historic supreme court ruling that declared attempts by conservative states to ban them unconstitutional.

In what may prove the most important civil rights case in a generation, five of the nine court justices determined that the right to marriage equality was enshrined under the equal protection clause of the 14th amendment.

Victory in the case – known as Obergefell v Hodges, after an Ohio man who sued the state to get his name listed on his late husband’s death certificate – capped years of campaigning by LGBT rights activists, high-powered attorneys and couples waiting decades for the justices to rule. It immediately led to scenes of jubilation from coast to coast, as campaigners, politicians and everyday people – gay, straight and in-between – hailed “a victory of love”.

The ruling, in which justice Anthony Kennedy cast the deciding vote, means the number of states where gay marriage is legal will rise from 37 states to all 50.

and :

Despite a long and diverse career in the theatre and cinema, Patrick Macnee, who has died aged 93, will be remembered as John Steed, the umbrella-twirling, bowler-hatted hero of the stylish derring-do TV series The Avengers. The programme, written and presented in “swinging” 1960s London, was thrilling and dynamic, and it made a star of Macnee and his sidekicks Honor Blackman (as Cathy Gale) and Diana Rigg (as Emma Peel).

and a few trailers :

The Diary of a Teenage Girl : A teen artist living in 1970s San Francisco enters into an affair with her mother's boyfriend. Director: Marielle Heller, Writers: Phoebe Gloeckner (novel), Marielle Heller (screenplay) Cast: Bel Powley, Alexander Skarsgård, Kristen Wiig, 2015, Drama.

Northmen a Viking Saga : A band of Vikings cross enemy lines and a panicked race begins. The losers will pay with their lives. Director: Claudio Fäh, Writers: Bastian Zach, Matthias Bauer, Cast: Ed Skrein, Ryan Kwanten, James Norton, 2014, Action.

45 Years : There is just one week until Kate Mercer's 45th wedding anniversary and the planning for the party is going well. But then a letter arrives for her husband. The body of his first love has been discovered, frozen and preserved in the icy glaciers of the Swiss Alps. By the time the party is upon them, five days later, there may not be a marriage left to celebrate. Director: Andrew Haigh, Writers: David Constantine (short story), Andrew Haigh (adaptation), Cast: Charlotte Rampling, Tom Courtenay, Geraldine James, 2015, Drama.

And I can only wish you Peace and Love today, what else !

ginjaninja avatar
Posted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 15:08
Author:
Hey Thalestris,
it was a great shock to hear those news reports today, such a tragic waste of life, my heart goes out to the friends and families of the victims. im with you on the peace theme, here is a great quote........

I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality... I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

Thalestris avatar
Posted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 17:45
ginjaninja wrote:
Hey Thalestris,
it was a great shock to hear those news reports today, such a tragic waste of life, my heart goes out to the friends and families of the victims. im with you on the peace theme, here is a great quote........

I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality... I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

Hi ginjaninja gHdOO4Y.gif, yeah just like you, I was shocked yesterday and really sad.. to see that much evil back again in our lives.. History which repeats itself .. So reading the different opinions today written by people who are trying to put a name on that horror.. find an explanation.. but thing is, some individuals are just able to behave like that , we've seen it before ..Sometimes we just forget that they exist. But I agree with you, I still believe that the rest of us can bring something else to this world, something beautiful that makes us feel good and happy, so that's why I won't talk about politics nor religion today, but about food and music ! We need some peace and quiet, don't we ? ! wGHkwn3.gif And I don't know about you ginjaninja, but I do love nice food and drink ! Mostly Italian and Greek in summer and French in winter. 2AtoAqI.gif

So here we go, I'll start with those 2 itws ( Glastonbury 2015 ) , 2 different musicians, 2 different styles, 2 different diets and taste in food .. S05dPM1.gif

cnrgA9rl.png

Dinner with Seth Troxler.

Seth is eating a pulled pork sandwich with his granddad’s special barbecue sauce

How many of these have you eaten so far?
About five, I reckon. But it’s cool, it’s a big part of my identity, just making people happy. And I think a lot of culture starts at the table. So much of the young generation’s culture revolves around going out for dinner with friends, it’s a new identity. They don’t have cash, they don’t have much, but the money that they do have, they spend with their friends..

So do you see the dance floor and the table as going together?
They go hand in hand, definitely. Times aren’t the best for everyone, the Conservatives have come back in, and so when you have some cash you want to go out and have a drink with your friends.

You’ve been DJing for a long time now. Did you want the chance to do something a bit more relaxing for work as well?
I’m 30 this year and I’m starting to look at my life in a different way. You can be a rebel and be fun but now I want a family, I want to do other things, and I don’t want to be a DJ forever. I want other things in life besides parties and late nights. You have to keep yourself interested – the thing that keeps you living is learning new things. I don’t want to be a one-trick pony.

We’re here at The Beat Hotel, where you’re doing Smokey Tails, your barbecue food. What’s the idea behind it?
We were into barbecue and my family has a secret barbecue sauce. So for one festival we did a VIP barbecue and we did cocktails and we thought, Smokey Tails! We started a popup in Dalston and then we got involved in crazy east London gangster stuff with the neighbours, so then it took us another year to find a new space and we’ve been doing catering ever since and kept the dream alive. I really do feel that it’s the best barbecue in London! Finally we got this new space at the Old Street roundabout and that’s due to open in September.

Where did the sauce recipe come from?
My grandfather, a Native American man from Kalamazoo [Michigan], first made the sauce for me when I was eight years old. And then when I was 20, he got cancer and he took me aside and taught me the family sauce. It’s my responsibility to keep him alive through making it.

Have you always wanted to bring food to festivals, to raise the quality of festival food?
A little bit, yeah. I’m the guy who goes to a festival and eats everything, like when you get sick from festival food. In America, festival food is a bit better, I think. But the main thing I found is that no one in Europe was doing smoked meat like how we do it in the US. It’s almost like our national food. I was going to these different places in London but it wasn’t doing it for me. I mean, there’s Nando’s grilled chicken but that’s not really the same.

But if you had the opportunity to get a Nando’s Black Card, you’d do it, right?
Totally.

I saw you play last night in Silver Hayes with J.E.S.u.S. [his house music supergroup with Jackmaster, Skream and Eats Everything]. Why did you decide to form a supergroup?
It’s just because we’re friends and wanting to have a reason to hang out with each other more often. Every time we see each other it’s like we’re reliving our boyhood. We actually did a J.E.S.u.S. tour in a bus around England, it was ridiculous. At one point, it was raining and Jackmaster tried to climb on top of the bus. Jack and Oliver [Skream] are like Sid Vicious reincarnated.

That’s cool for society, though. I remember as a kid growing up you had these really alternative figures, who were not good looking and just cool and punk. They were like, ”Fuck society, I’m just being me”. Today the idea of celebrity and the people who the media focus on are creating a really dumb image for kids to look up to. That affects their values – they’re into materialism and not focusing on core human values.

Like partying?
Like getting loose and exploring your mind! And trying to figure out who you are as a person. That’s part of going to festivals and going to club nights and hanging out with people, especially when you’re in your early 20s. So in some ways by being a rebel you can just show people that you should be who you are. Fuck it man, be cool, have a pulled pork sandwich.

How do you balance it all, being a superstar DJ and now a restauranter?
I come from a lower-middle class background so hard work was always pushed into me. For me to wake up and see sunlight, it’s like, I’ve won. You just need to get up and do it.

SMzp7SJl.jpg

Tim Burgess at Glastonbury.

Tim is eating: a spicy beanburger with salsa and olive tapenade

Hi Tim, how’s the burger?
Super nice. I’m not hugely hungry, but I’m happy to have it.

What have you eaten so far at Glasto?
I had a really good tofu and noodle thing with fennel and small tomatoes. Really small tomatoes. And then this burger, of course.

Generally, how do you find the food at Glasto?
Really good. I think there’s some other festivals that should have a look at Glastonbury and Field Day. Some of them feel stuck in a bygone age.

There’s some pretty out-there stuff here. I saw people eating lobster today. There’s an oyster bar too ...
That’s pretty specialist, isn’t it? Oysters are better than they used to be, though. I remember a lot of people saying that you could only eat them when there’s an R in the month, but now they’re all farmed all the year round.

Do you define yourself as a vegetarian or a vegan?
I don’t know what it’s called what I am. I don’t eat meat or fish. I’ve been known to eat honey. So I’m a vegetarian really. It’s about how I feel with things inside of me. I’m pretty in touch with my body, and I think a lot of that has come down to meditating, which I’ve been doing since 2007. It’s weird, really – this thing has progressively grown. I used to quite like eating fish, and then I thought: “Nah, it doesn’t feel right.” I could imagine it swimming around. I used to quite like sushi, but it just feels really bad.

So sushi’s out. What do you eat these days?
I really like tofu. I eat a lot of rice, salad, fruit. I eat a lot of grapes, apples. I usually have four apples for breakfast. I really love fruit. Melon’s pretty good, isn’t it?

How did you get into vegetarianism?
The first time I became a vegetarian was when I was 13 years old. My mum was brilliant about it. She went to the local supermarket and brought back big chunks of Quorn. It tasted like cardboard. But I did it because of the band Crass. They taught me about how meat was murder and that kind of stuff. And I just always really loved animals. I’ve relapsed, fallen off the wagon, especially in my teenage years. But I look into a cow’s eyes, and I think: “These are beautiful creatures.”

It’s amazing how musicians are so influential in that sense …
Yeah. People really teach you stuff when you’re young. Morrissey isn’t talking a crock of shit: he’s heavily influential. And meat is murder. I walked into a restaurant with Penny Rimbaud from Crass and we walked straight out again because it just smelled of meat.

Have you been eating your breakfast cereal while you’ve been here?
The cereal was a one-off thing called Totes Amazeballs. I tweeted Kellogg’s about making it and they said I could make it up with whatever I fancied. So I pretty much piled everything I could in. It’s like when you go to a pick-and-mix bar and pile loads of sweets into a bag and shake it up. I haven’t eaten it while I’ve been here but there a few boxes lying about at home. It’s the most dangerous cereal in the world though – so much sugar.

and 2 trailers.

The Green Inferno: A group of student activists travels to the Amazon to save the rain forest and soon discover that they are not alone, and that no good deed goes unpunished. Director: Eli Roth, Writers: Guillermo Amoedo, Eli Roth, Cast: Lorenza Izzo, Ariel Levy, Aaron Burns, 2013, Horror.

Blue Jay: A couple hiking Mount Whitney runs into a group of mountain men who develop a dark obsession with the young woman. Director: Michael Ciulla, Writers: Michael Ciulla, Sara Lindsey, Cast: Sara Lindsey, James Landry Hébert, Travis Aaron, 2015, Thriller.

Wishing you all a great week end, some lovely time with friends, family and bon appétit ! pRmDOcB.gif

When I’m old and gray, I want to have a house by the sea. And paint. With a lot of wonderful chums, good music, and booze around. And a damn good kitchen to cook in.” (Ava Gardner)

dogsthrobber avatar
Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 07:48
Author: Site FriendET junkieET loverKittymenSunTurtle
The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain
dogsthrobber avatar
Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 07:53
Author: Site FriendET junkieET loverKittymenSunTurtle
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. –Plato
[Prev]  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 46, 47  [Next]
Page 11 of 47   [ 691 posts ]

Forum Search

search in post message
  search in topic subject
Forum

Home - Browse Torrents - Upload Torrent - Stat - Forum - FAQ - Login
ExtraTorrent.cc is in compliance with copyrights
BitCoin: 12DiyqsWhENahDzdhdYsRrCw8FPQVcCkcm
Can't load ExtraTorrent? Try our official mirrors: etmirror.com - etproxy.com - extratorrentonline.com - extratorrentlive.com
2006-2017 ExtraTorrent.cc6