H264 X264
View Torrent Info: Hidden.Figures.2016.720p.BRRip.x264.AAC-ETRG
View Torrent Info: Split.2016.FULL.NEW.SOURCE.1080p.HC.HDTV.x264.AAC-SHOWSCEN
View Torrent Info: Paterson.2016.720p.BRRip.x264.AAC-ETRG
View Torrent Info: Dont.Kill.It.2016.720p.BRRip.x264.AAC-ETRG
Hot torrents
BluRay, 4k UHD
View Torrent Info: The.Chamber.2016.BluRay.1080p.x264.DTSHD5.1-DDR
View Torrent Info: Gladiator 2000 Paramount Re-Issue Blu-ray 1080p x264 DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Resident Evil The Final Chapter 2016 Multi 1080pBluRay x264 DTSHD 7.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Hidden.Figures.2016.1080p.BluRay.x264-GECKOS[EtHD]
Hot torrents
Television
View Torrent Info: The.Originals.S04E02.HDTV.x264-KILLERS[ettv]
View Torrent Info: The.Blacklist.Redemption.S01E05.HDTV.x264-KILLERS[ettv]
View Torrent Info: The.Last.Kingdom.S02E02.HDTV.x264-MTB[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Greys.Anatomy.S13E17.HDTV.x264-LOL[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them 2016 720p BluRay Turkish and English DUAL DD 5.1 x264-aXeL
View Torrent Info: The Salesman (Forushande) 2016 Multi 1080p Blu-ray x264 DTSHD 5.1 MSubs-DDR
View Torrent Info: GANTZ:0 2016 BluRay 1080p x264 JPN DTSHD 5.1 ESub-DDR
View Torrent Info: Pandora.2016.HDRip.XviD.AC3-EVO
30s
Chat
To add new messages please Login or Register for FREE
Warning! Protect Yourself from Lawsuits and Fines!
Your IP Address is 54.161.234.183.   Location is United States
Your IP Address is visible to EVERYONE. Hide your IP ADDRESS with a VPN while torrenting!
ExtraTorrent strongly recommends using Trust.Zone VPN to anonymize your torrenting. It's FREE!
Hide my IP address!

The Pirate Gazette (closed)

[Prev]  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 46, 47  [Next]
Page 12 of 47   [ 691 posts ]
AuthorMessage
barbigirl avatar
Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:07
Author:
A good decision is based on knowledge and not on numbers
ginjaninja avatar
Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 14:55
Author:
Hey Thalestris, here is a nice quote about happiness........

Be happy with what you have and are, be generous with both, and you won't have to hunt for happiness.
William E. Gladstone

Thalestris avatar
Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 18:07
Author: Turtle
Hi dogsthrobber, barbigirl and ginjaninja gHdOO4Y.gif, and thank you for those inspiring quotes wGHkwn3.gif and I hope that each one of you had a great week end ? For my part, just resting really and enjoying some sunshine outside .. And apart from that, well nothing much today, a few pics and a link on You tube where you'll find plenty of videos from Glastonbury 2015 and .. I won't talk about the Dalai Lama at Glastonbury that much, because I must admit that I remain puzzled by what he said about music ?!:

"Asked later whether music made him happy, the Dalai Lama said “not much”. He said he challenged the view that music could bring inner peace: “If music really brings inner peace, then this Syria and Iraq – killing each other – there through some strong music can they reduce their anger? I don’t think so.

Sorry to say such a thing, I can only disagree with him on that matter, the Dalai Lama should be aware that in many countries nowadays music is forbidden so it has to mean something.. If music isn't the expression of happiness, freedom, joy, inner peace, then I really wonder why people love it so much, well .. ?!

Anyway, if you're curious , you can obviously read full article there :

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/jun/28/dalai-lama-glastonbury-verdict-isis-unthinkable

and so far 93 videos from Glastonbury 2015 available there (BBC).

apart from that this week end : Pride parade in London - Over 30,000 people participate in the biggest ever Pride parade in the British capital

tDAUPCCl.jpg

A huge rainbow flag makes its way along Oxford Street
Photograph: Rob Stothard/Getty Images

and on Saturday: After the supreme court declared gay couples have the right to marry anywhere within the US, thousands said “I do” across the land

Tcp7oj6l.jpg

Cherilyn Wilson and Chelsea Kane display their fists, with the message “love wins”, as they pose at a celebration rally in West Hollywood, California
Photograph: Lucy Nicholson/Reuters

Q6Ai8NTl.jpg

A man smiles at a celebration rally in West Hollywood
Photograph: Lucy Nicholson/Reuters

The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved -- loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” (Victor Hugo)

Wishing you all a lovely Sunday and a great start of the week ! 0SUUfVl.gif

ginjaninja avatar
Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 14:51
Author:
Hi Thalestris, my weekend was good thanks, although every day is like a weekend atm, im on holidays for 5 weeks! gad to hear your getting some nice weather, here is a nice weather inspired quote.......

Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather.
John Ruskin

Thalestris avatar
Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 18:07
ginjaninja wrote:
Hi Thalestris, my weekend was good thanks, although every day is like a weekend atm, im on holidays for 5 weeks! gad to hear your getting some nice weather, here is a nice weather inspired quote.......

Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather.
John Ruskin

Hi ginjaninja, so you're on holiday right now, that's great ! So enjoy , have fun wGHkwn3.gif and regarding the weather, hmm, I'm in love with the sun, it's hopeless.. But I surely appreciate your legendary optimism 2AtoAqI.gif

but that quote would suit me better:

"“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.” (Steve Martin)

And for today .. Hmm, I could talk about Greece.. But then again, I'm not so good with numbers nor economics and it's a tricky situation really. I did read a few things, but I wouldn't be able to give a personal opinion here, there's probably this quote that I found interesting :

"It is hard to advise Greeks how to vote on 5 July. Neither alternative – approval or rejection of the troika’s terms – will be easy, and both carry huge risks. A yes vote would mean depression almost without end. Perhaps a depleted country – one that has sold off all of its assets, and whose bright young people have emigrated – might finally get debt forgiveness; perhaps, having shrivelled into a middle-income economy, Greece might finally be able to get assistance from the World Bank. All of this might happen in the next decade, or perhaps in the decade after that.

By contrast, a no vote would at least open the possibility that Greece, with its strong democratic tradition, might grasp its destiny in its own hands. Greeks might gain the opportunity to shape a future that, though perhaps not as prosperous as the past, is far more hopeful than the unconscionable torture of the present.
" (Joseph Stiglitz).

So in fact today, I'll just share this story. First, because I'm a huge fan of Justin McCurry's work that I started to read after Fukushima, and also, because it's really a moving story.

MHFBwdQl.jpg

Tama the cat: 3,000 attend elaborate funeral for Japan’s feline stationmaster

Japan’s most famous cat, who saved an obscure railway line in rural Wakayama prefecture from financial ruin, earns posthumous status of Shinto goddess

In an outpouring of grief usually reserved for the passing of a cultural icon, thousands turned out at the weekend to bid a final farewell to a cat credited with saving an obscure Japanese railway line from financial ruin.

An estimated 3,000 people, including railway officials, attended Tama the cat’s Shinto-style funeral on Sunday, days after she died of heart failure aged 16 – the equivalent of about 80 human years.

Tama quickly became Japan’s most famous cat after she was appointed honorary stationmaster at the unmanned Kishi station in rural Wakayama prefecture, western Japan, in 2007.

Before long, visitors flocked to the station to see the former stray – a custom-made stationmaster’s cap perched on her head – welcome and see off passengers, giving a desperately needed boost to the sleepy, and heavily indebted, Kishigawa line.

Before Tama’s appointment, the nine-mile-long (14.5km) line was losing 500m yen ($4m) a year and at one point only 5,000 passengers a day were using it.

When the station’s last employee left as part of a cost-cutting drive in 2006, Tama stayed on. In her first year on the job passenger numbers rose 10% to 2.1m. The overall “Tama effect” on the local economy has been estimated at 1.1bn yen ($8.9m).

Her dedication earned Tama the posthumous status of Shinto goddess, in keeping with the indigenous Japanese religion’s practice of honouring animal deities.

She will be enshrined at a nearby shrine for cats in August, according to Mitsunobu Kojima, president of the Wakayama Electric Railway.

Kojima said Tama had initially been appointed the world’s only feline stationmaster as a way of keeping her on after the departure of the last member of two-legged staff in 2006.

“But she really was doing her job,” Kojima said. “Tama-chan really emerged like a saviour, a goddess. It was truly an honour to have been able to work with her.”

In a message of condolence, the governor of Wakayama, Yoshinobu Nisaka, described Tama as a “superstar of tourism” who had become well known outside Japan. “I express my deep sorrow and great gratitude,” he said.

In an age of rapid change in the structure of the Japanese workforce, Tama followed a more traditional route, winning seniority-based promotions during her eight-year tenure.

After rising to the position of ultra-stationmaster, she went on to become a vice president of the rail firm. On Sunday, she was given a new title: honourable eternal stationmaster.

Yoshiko Yamaki, a spokeswoman for the rail firm, said the cat had been ill with a sinus infection and was being cared for by her owner when she purred her last breath.

“When we visited her with the company president the day before she died, she stood up and meowed as if she was begging him to hold her,” Yamaki said.

The station’s association with cats won’t end with Tama’s demise, however: the firm said it had chosen an apprentice of the same breed, named Nitama, to replace her."

and I do have a few pics and trailers.

gd21Hr7l.jpg

Before and after
The field in front of the Pyramid stage last Wednesday and on Monday (Glastonbury.)
Photograph: Oli Scarff/AFP/Getty Images

AqaA9nfl.jpg

Gaza
Fireworks are lit in the Shejaiya neighbourhood amid the rubble of homes destroyed during Israel’s 2014 military incursion

Photograph: Mohammed Saber/EPA

c9zFAsyl.jpg

California, US
A woman dances at the pride parade in San Francisco

Photograph: Elijah Nouvelage/Reuters

Y0PFWw8l.jpg

Western Australia
Chris Shanahan enjoys perfect surf conditions, with waves as high as 18m. The swell was caused by a low-pressure system over the Indian Ocean.

Photograph: Russell Ord/the Guardian

rjqLZrO.jpg

Iberian lynx, Lava, takes its first steps after being released on a farm near the village of Mazarambros near Toledo, Spain, as a part of an initiative to repopulate the endangered species. Conservationists are worried that disproportionate numbers are being run down by cars.
Photograph: Pierre-philippe Marcou/AFP/Getty Images

a little reminder, if , to be honest, I really don't know what to expect with that one :

Zoo : A young scientist searches to find out what's causing a rash of violent animal attacks. Cast: Nonso Anozie, Nora Arnezeder, Billy Burke, 2015, Thriller. (Episode 1 Season 1 : 30/06/15).

Ten Thousand Saints : Set in the 1980s, a teenager from Vermont moves to New York City to live with his father in East Village. Directors: Shari Springer Berman, Robert Pulcini, Writers: Shari Springer Berman, Eleanor Henderson (based on the novel by), Cast: Hailee Steinfeld, Asa Butterfield, Ethan Hawke, 2015, Drama.

Cartel Land : A physician in Michoacán, Mexico leads a citizen uprising against the drug cartel that has wrecked havoc on the region for years. Across the U.S. border, a veteran heads a paramilitary group working to prevent Mexico's drug wars from entering U.S. territory. Director: Matthew Heineman, 2015, Documentary.

Wishing you all a great Monday and good luck for tomorrow. em0wObe.gif
Thalestris avatar
Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 17:57
Hi everybody gHdOO4Y.gif , I guess that I arrive a tiny bit too late today.. Yeah well, sorry about that, but because of that heat, I had to wait to come back inside .. yZWXoJl.gif I did read some interesting stuff today, but I was thinking .. A little break and something more cheerful perhaps would do us some good for a change , so I picked up that article which is really irresistible, a few pics and some trailers ...

Surviving by degrees: 33 rules for a (very British) heatwave (Stephen Moss)

1. Don’t talk about the heatwave. Not incessantly, anywhere. British phlegm, sangfroid, stiff upper lip and all that.

2. Avoid the Daily Express, which will be full of reports of “KILLER HEAT” and “MELTDOWN BRITAIN”. Anything above 25C constitutes killer heat for the Express.

3. Men: do not wear shorts to the office. This is a place of work, not a beach. This prohibition also applies to culottes.

4. Women: decorum at all times please; not too much openly displayed flesh.

5. Remember, of course, that appearing topless in a public place is a criminal offence.

6. No flip-flops (John Crace – we mean you – especially in your new, dignified parliamentary role).

7. Wear linen: you will look ridiculous, but at least you’ll be cool.

8. Carry a bottle of water with you at all times. Throw it at public address systems that instruct you to carry a bottle of water with you in hot weather.

9. Do not hold barbecues: they are likely to cause fires that could consume privet hedges across the home counties.

10. Parents: do not allow your children to play in fountains, their squeals are extremely irritating and no one wants to be sitting next to them on the bus home.

11. Remember that 33C is not actually that hot compared with Seville or the Sahara, so stop moaning.

12. Mercury is even hotter, though not – I’ve just discovered to my surprise – as hot as Venus. The average temperature on Venus is 462C. What would the Express make of that?

13. If you are excessively warm, hang about in the refrigerated section of your local supermarket. Managers are usually happy to let you put large packs of frozen peas on your head to cool off.

14. Eat lots of ice cream. Try to remember to pay for it before you consume it.

15. In fact, ice cream isn’t very good for you in a heatwave. I just said that to get in a feeble supermarket “joke”.

16. Counter-intuitively, curry is good for you. Why do you think Indians eat it?

17. Excessive exercise can be bad for you in hot weather, so avoid the gym. Actually, this applies whatever the temperature.

18. We realise it’s jolly warm at Wimbledon, with middle-aged ladies fainting on Centre Court and muscular Croats changing their shirts between sets, so no need to bang on about it. Nor are we interested in the record-breaking number of bottles of Pimm’s consumed this year.

19. And, yes, we know the definition of an English summer is “three hot days followed by a thunderstorm”. No need to repeat it ad nauseam.

20. Avoid Brighton beach and parks in central London, or a photograph of you looking distinctly déshabillé is likely to appear in a national newspaper. There is a law that Brighton, or very occasionally Bournemouth, are the only beaches that can appear on newspaper front pages. No photograph of, say, the beach at Filey has ever appeared in a mainstream publication.

21. Vulnerable groups – the young, the old, people with breathing problems – are at risk in hot weather, so do something useful and check on the wellbeing of anyone you know who might be suffering in the heat.

22. That still does not mean you should fall prey to the Daily Express. It’s only KILLER HEAT for a tiny percentage of the population.

23. Pets can also be at risk during hot weather, so make sure they have plenty to drink and are kept cool. (All this caring advice is not like me at all – I fear the heat may be affecting my brain.)

24. There is no rule 24. In very hot weather it’s good to pause every so often to gather your thoughts.

25. Lager is not recommended in hot weather, especially when consumed in large, swaying, inebriated crowds on the pavement outside pubs in the early evening. Go home and watch the tennis like a decent British person. And look in on a vulnerable person (or pet) on the way.

26. The evidence on the efficacy of tea in hot weather is mixed, but I swear by it – the sweeter the better.

27. Buy a fan.

28. Bad luck – they’re all sold out already.

29. This hot spell is not evidence of global warming; just as icy temperatures in February don’t mean that global warming is a myth. In the winter it’s cold; in the summer it’s hot. We call these the seasons.

30. Yes, it’s hotter than Brazil, but this is hardly surprising as it’s winter in Brazil.

31. If it becomes really unbearable, find a cave to live in. If even the cave is too hot, try a shopping mall.

32. Remember, because of the humidity, the nights are worse than the days: consider sleeping in the garden.

33. Do not read absurd sets of rules for heatwaves. It’s far too hot for that. Surely you’ve got something better to do. And if you haven’t, go and have a lie down instead.

pQZFyWBl.jpg

Madrid, Spain
Children play as they cool down in a fountain beside the Manzanares river. Weather stations across Spain are warning people to take extra precautions as a heatwave engulfs much of the country, increasing the risk of wildfires

Photograph: Andres Kudacki/AP

0SBc8c3l.jpg

South Africa
Dolphins make their way across the Indian Ocean. The graceful creatures were spotted off the coast of South Africa as the large pod hunted for food

Photograph: Rainer Schimpf/Barcroft Media

Snowden : CIA employee Edward Snowden leaks thousands of classified documents to the press. Director: Oliver Stone, Writers: Kieran Fitzgerald (screenplay), Oliver Stone (screenplay), Cast: Shailene Woodley, Scott Eastwood, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, 2015, Drama.

No Escape : In their new overseas home, an American family soon finds themselves caught in the middle of a coup, and they frantically look for a safe escape in an environment where foreigners are being immediately executed. Director: John Erick Dowdle, Writers: John Erick Dowdle, Drew Dowdle, Cast: Lake Bell, Pierce Brosnan, Owen Wilson, 2015, Thriller.

Wishing you all a great Tuesday and good luck for tomorrow ! xh77cLX.gif atW02ju.gif

Thalestris avatar
Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 17:33
Hi everybody ! xh77cLX.gif well I'll have to type quickly today, my laptop is like a skillet ... I did try that thing : The fan which blows air over ice cubes, it doesn't change anything ... Anyway .. so today, some news indeed .. A pic and a few trailers.

Video issued from Isis stronghold in Syria is rare public challenge to Hamas, which has been cracking down on jihadis who oppose its truces with Israel

Islamic State insurgents have threatened to turn the Gaza Strip into another of their Middle East fiefdoms, accusing Hamas, the organisation that rules the Palestinian territory, of being insufficiently stringent about religious enforcement.

We will uproot the state of the Jews [Israel] and you and Fatah, and all of the secularists are nothing and you will be overrun by our creeping multitudes,” said a masked Islamic State member in the message addressed to the “tyrants of Hamas”.

The rule of sharia [Islamic law] will be implemented in Gaza, in spite of you. We swear that what is happening in the Levant today, and in particular the Yarmouk camp, will happen in Gaza,” he said, referring to Islamic State advances in Syria, including in a Damascus district founded by Palestinian refugees.

Islamic State has also taken over swaths of Iraq and has claimed attacks in Egypt, Libya, Tunisia and Yemen.

Hamas is an Islamist movement that shares the jihadis’ hostility to Israel but not their quest for a global religious war, defining itself more within the framework of Palestinian nationalism.

Deemed a terrorist group by Israel, the United States and the European Union, and viewed by neighbouring Arab power Egypt as a regional security threat, Hamas’s struggle against Islamic State-linked jihadis has not won sympathy abroad.

Israel’s intelligence minister, Israel Katz, accused Hamas on Tuesday of partnering with Islamic State affiliates in the Egyptian Sinai – a charge long denied by the Palestinian group.

“There is cooperation between them in the realm of weapons smuggling and terrorist attacks. The Egyptians know this, and the Saudis,” Katz told a Tel Aviv conference organised by the Israel Defense journal.

“At the same time, within Gaza, Isis [Islamic State] has been flouting Hamas. But they have common cause against the Jews, in Israel or abroad.”

and I read this tonight :

Attacks on Egyptian checkpoints signal escalation in Isis capabilities
Jihadi group claims to have ‘total control of many sites’ in northern Sinai after wave of attacks in which up to 40 Egyptian soldiers were killed

Islamic State appears to have made small but unprecedented advances in Egypt, killing dozens of soldiers as it attacked multiple military checkpoints and attempted for the first time to control a small pocket of territory in the Sinai desert.

Wilayat Sinai, a jihadi group that declared allegiance to Isis last autumn, attacked the town of Sheikh Zuwaid, a few miles from Egypt’s borders with Gaza and Israel, on Wednesday morning.

It overran several army checkpoints and by local accounts had taken control of several buildings. By midday the group said it had surrounded Sheikh Zuwaid’s police station, a move reportedly confirmed by the station’s commander in a phonecall with a local newspaper.

Officials tried to downplay the number of military casualties, admitting only that 10 soldiers had died. But several local newspapers quoted far higher numbers, with the main state news website, al-Ahram, reporting at least 20 dead, and news agencies placing the total at nearly 40.

Isis also claimed it had seized other parts of the town, releasing a statement that read: “We have total control of many sites, and have seized what was in them.”

QPJGYRJl.jpg

Globally, there are 2.5 billion people without access to sanitation, and 750 million without clean water. Photograph: WSSCC

Steve Jobs : Follows the life and legacy of Steve Jobs. Director: Danny Boyle, Writers: Aaron Sorkin (screenplay), Walter Isaacson (book), Cast: Michael Fassbender, Kate Winslet, Seth Rogen, 2015, Biography.

Creed: The former World Heavyweight Champion Rocky Balboa serves as a trainer and mentor to Adonis Creed, the son of his late friend and former rival Apollo Creed. Director: Ryan Coogler, Writers: Ryan Coogler (screenplay), Ryan Coogler,Cast: Sylvester Stallone, Michael B. Jordan, Graham McTavish, 2015, Drama.

Southpaw: A boxer fights his way to the top, only to find his life falling apart around him. Director: Antoine Fuqua, Writer: Kurt Sutter, Cast: Rachel McAdams, Jake Gyllenhaal, Forest Whitaker, 2015, Drama.

Safelight : A teenage boy and girl discover a renewed sense of possibility as they go on a road trip to photograph lighthouses along the California coast. Director: Tony Aloupis, Writers: Tony Aloupis, Tony Aloupis, Cast: Evan Peters, Juno Temple, Kevin Alejandro, 2015, Drama.

Wishing you all a great Wednesday and good luck for tomorrow ! atW02ju.gif
ange1 avatar
Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 23:02
Author: ModeratorET lover
Awww thank you for letting me know Thaletris about the ice cubes. I was going to try tonight but i wont bother if it does not work. Wow we have only had 2 days of heat and not as hot as yours but we are not used to such heat. Been that long since we had hot days like this lol
Thalestris avatar
Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 23:25
ange1 wrote:
Awww thank you for letting me know Thaletris about the ice cubes. I was going to try tonight but i wont bother if it does not work. Wow we have only had 2 days of heat and not as hot as yours but we are not used to such heat. Been that long since we had hot days like this lol

Hi ange, yeah the ice cubes hmm, not so good, just drink lots of water and take showers regularly.. But I won't lie to you, I'm thinking right now , please anyone : Give me a pool for my little moonlight dip..!!! 2AtoAqI.gif

ZHTfbr4.gif

Anyway, Good night, sweet dreams everybody despite the heatwave and the full moon ! wGHkwn3.gif
ange1 avatar
Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 09:42
Thalestris wrote:
ange1 wrote:

Hi ange, yeah the ice cubes hmm, not so good, just drink lots of water and take showers regularly.. But I won't lie to you, I'm thinking right now , please anyone : Give me a pool for my little moonlight dip..!!! 2AtoAqI.gif

ZHTfbr4.gif

Anyway, Good night, sweet dreams everybody despite the heatwave and the full moon ! wGHkwn3.gif

Thank you for the tips Thalestris. Oooh extra showers and water are deffoe a must in this weather :) and a moonlight dip wow that would be wonderful. I nearly went out last night to cool down, we had hailstones and some like golf balls lol.
dazpicable avatar
Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:03
Author: Site FriendET junkieET loverSunTurtle
Mr Robot, all about hackers, well will give it a go and see you never know very high IMDB rating.
Extant back for season 2, it may mean more shots of Halle Berry running around in skimpy clothes, adds to the artistic side of the film i think (bullshit).
And finally Ray Donovan a man who can "fix" just about anything apart it seems from his own house,brings a new definition to having a bad hair day.
For me the tv series's have been a little thin on the ground lately.
Thalestris avatar
Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 17:52
"Thank you for the tips Thalestris. Oooh extra showers and water are deffoe a must in this weather :) and a moonlight dip wow that would be wonderful. I nearly went out last night to cool down, we had hailstones and some like golf balls lol. "

Hi ange and yes , same here , we had a storm as well last night, but no hailstones oh my... !! I hope that the temperature was more bearable today for you, here, it was ... And hi daz, yes I did see that "Mr Robot" episode two has arrived, hurray ! xwTVb7D.gif and I agree with you regarding "Extant", I'll still have a look though.. wGHkwn3.gif

And today, hmm, well I'll talk about beer in fact, it's a local hangout after all, I read something both funny and which also could be a tip for Glastonbury Festival next year... 2AtoAqI.gif and I did see a pic, and, just a few trailers, nothing special I'm afraid, but it's probably because my brain is still mushy .. 2AtoAqI.gif

Organisers of Roskilde festival plan to collect 25,000 litres of waste liquid to fertilise barley crops that will ultimately be ‘beercycled’ into pilsner

Under a cloudless sky, shirtless Vikings with plastic cups of beer in hand are queuing excitedly along a patch of sawdust-covered earth to urinate in a metal trough. Their “contributions” are being collected in specially designed storage tanks, which will then be transported to nearby fields to fertilise malting barley for brewing beer.

“From piss to pilsner” is a new initiative being launched at Roskilde – northern Europe’s largest music festival – in Zealand, Denmark, this week. Organisers hope to collect 25,000 litres of urine from more than 100,000 festivalgoers.

If everything goes to plan, guests at Roskilde 2017 will be served beer from barley fertilised by their own urine. “It’s about changing our approach to waste, from being a burden to being a valuable resource,” says Leif Nielsen from the Danish Agriculture & Food Council (DAFC), which is partnering with festival organisers to promote “beercycling”.

The huge amount of urine produced at festivals was having a negative impact on the environment and the sewage system,” says Nielsen. “But beercycling will turn the urine into a resource.” He’s confident that the project will be a success. “I think most people can see the reason and the fun behind making a personal contribution to beer brewing, and the fact that rock music is involved will help us get our message across.

Headline acts at this year’s festival include Florence and the Machine, Pharrell Williams and Sir Paul McCartney – big-name stars who organisers hope will contribute to the initiative. “We’ve got urinals right next to the stages where the acts will play, so we’re hoping to collect some rock star pee as well,” says Marie Grabow Westergaard from the DAFC.

Florence Welch won’t be left out either – “female performers and festivalgoers are being encouraged to join in with free cardboard ‘urine directors’ that we’re handing out next to the urinals,” adds Westergaard.

Under a vast hoarding that reads “Don’t waste your piss. Farmers can turn it into beer again”, festivalgoers are waiting their turn. “I think it’s a really cool idea,” says a reveller, Lasse Riisberg, 26. “It’s something that would just go to waste normally but this way, you can do your bit for the environment and have fun at the same time – you drink then you piss, simple!”

Rasmus Skobbo, 25, agrees: “It’s funny and it encourages you to use the urinals rather than just going in the grass or wherever you are. Roskilde festival has a reputation for being pretty green and clean but this is a whole other level.”

Other eco-friendly initiatives at Roskilde include a car-sharing campaign for festivalgoers, the sale of organic beers, spirits and mixers, and recycled plastic cups. “Everyone wants to be more environmentally friendly these days,” says Skobbo. “So this is a great way to feel like you’re doing something good for the planet – without much effort. We all have to piss, right?”

veOyejpl.jpg

The UN has ruled against listing the Great Barrier Reef as “in danger”, congratulating Australia on its conservation plan but giving it five years to halt deterioration of the natural icon.

Unesco’s world heritage committee in Germany on Wednesday unanimously passed an earlier draft ruling that the reef’s status remain unchanged but that Australia must show significant progress in pushing its plan by the end of 2016.

Australia came under fire for its care of the reef – which has lost half of its coral cover in 30 years and was on track to further deteriorate – in a tense meeting in Qatar last year.

Committee members broadly commended moves to limit new ports on the Queensland coastline, ban the dumping of dredging spoil in world heritage waters and cut pollution runoff by 80% within a decade.

However, Germany noted the impact of dumping spoil from maintenance dredging for existing ports in reef waters, while Finland spoke of concerns about increased shipping.

The Philippines said Australia needed to address “knowledge gaps” in monitoring a reef 1,400 miles (2,300km) long and extend its vigilance in protecting coral to “seagrass beds, mangroves, floodplains and saltmarshes”.

WWF Australia’s chief executive, Dermot O’Gorman, said the committee had “stood up for the reef with a very strong decision that places Australia on probation for the next five years”.

“It is the right thing to do until the actual condition of the reef improves. Plans alone won’t save the reef. The real work starts now,”
he said.

Mistress America : A lonely college freshman's life is turned upside down by her impetuous, adventurous soon-to-be stepsister. Director: Noah Baumbach, Writers: Noah Baumbach, Greta Gerwig (screenplay), Cast: Seth Barrish, Juliet Brett, Michael Chernus, 2015, Comedy.

and this is really for the fans of Katherine Heigl:

Jenny's Wedding : Jenny Farrell has led an openly gay life - except with her conventional family. When she finally decides to start a family and marry the woman they thought was just her roommate... Director: Mary Agnes Donoghue, Writer: Mary Agnes Donoghue (screenplay), Cast: Katherine Heigl, Tom Wilkinson, Linda Emond, 2015, Comedy.

Jackie & Ryan : A modern day train hopper fighting to become a successful musician, and a single mom battling to maintain custody of her daughter, defy their circumstances by coming together in a relationship that may change each others lives forever. Director: Ami Canaan Mann, Writer: Ami Canaan Mann, Cast: Katherine Heigl, Ben Barnes, Clea DuVall, 2014, Drama.

Wishing you all a great evening, morning perhaps ? And good luck for tomorrow !
ange1 avatar
Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:54
Thalestris wrote:
"Thank you for the tips Thalestris. Oooh extra showers and water are deffoe a must in this weather :) and a moonlight dip wow that would be wonderful. I nearly went out last night to cool down, we had hailstones and some like golf balls lol. "

Hi ange and yes , same here , we had a storm as well last night, but no hailstones oh my... !! I hope that the temperature was more bearable today for you, here, it was ... And hi daz, yes I did see that "Mr Robot" episode two has arrived, hurray ! xwTVb7D.gif and I agree with you regarding "Extant", I'll still have a look though.. wGHkwn3.gif

And today, hmm, well I'll talk about beer in fact, it's a local hangout after all, I read something both funny and which also could be a tip for Glastonbury Festival next year... 2AtoAqI.gif and I did see a pic, and, just a few trailers, nothing special I'm afraid, but it's probably because my brain is still mushy .. 2AtoAqI.gif

Organisers of Roskilde festival plan to collect 25,000 litres of waste liquid to fertilise barley crops that will ultimately be ‘beercycled’ into pilsner

Under a cloudless sky, shirtless Vikings with plastic cups of beer in hand are queuing excitedly along a patch of sawdust-covered earth to urinate in a metal trough. Their “contributions” are being collected in specially designed storage tanks, which will then be transported to nearby fields to fertilise malting barley for brewing beer.

“From piss to pilsner” is a new initiative being launched at Roskilde – northern Europe’s largest music festival – in Zealand, Denmark, this week. Organisers hope to collect 25,000 litres of urine from more than 100,000 festivalgoers.

If everything goes to plan, guests at Roskilde 2017 will be served beer from barley fertilised by their own urine. “It’s about changing our approach to waste, from being a burden to being a valuable resource,” says Leif Nielsen from the Danish Agriculture & Food Council (DAFC), which is partnering with festival organisers to promote “beercycling”.

The huge amount of urine produced at festivals was having a negative impact on the environment and the sewage system,” says Nielsen. “But beercycling will turn the urine into a resource.” He’s confident that the project will be a success. “I think most people can see the reason and the fun behind making a personal contribution to beer brewing, and the fact that rock music is involved will help us get our message across.

Headline acts at this year’s festival include Florence and the Machine, Pharrell Williams and Sir Paul McCartney – big-name stars who organisers hope will contribute to the initiative. “We’ve got urinals right next to the stages where the acts will play, so we’re hoping to collect some rock star pee as well,” says Marie Grabow Westergaard from the DAFC.

Florence Welch won’t be left out either – “female performers and festivalgoers are being encouraged to join in with free cardboard ‘urine directors’ that we’re handing out next to the urinals,” adds Westergaard.

Under a vast hoarding that reads “Don’t waste your piss. Farmers can turn it into beer again”, festivalgoers are waiting their turn. “I think it’s a really cool idea,” says a reveller, Lasse Riisberg, 26. “It’s something that would just go to waste normally but this way, you can do your bit for the environment and have fun at the same time – you drink then you piss, simple!”

Rasmus Skobbo, 25, agrees: “It’s funny and it encourages you to use the urinals rather than just going in the grass or wherever you are. Roskilde festival has a reputation for being pretty green and clean but this is a whole other level.”

Other eco-friendly initiatives at Roskilde include a car-sharing campaign for festivalgoers, the sale of organic beers, spirits and mixers, and recycled plastic cups. “Everyone wants to be more environmentally friendly these days,” says Skobbo. “So this is a great way to feel like you’re doing something good for the planet – without much effort. We all have to piss, right?”

veOyejpl.jpg

The UN has ruled against listing the Great Barrier Reef as “in danger”, congratulating Australia on its conservation plan but giving it five years to halt deterioration of the natural icon.

Unesco’s world heritage committee in Germany on Wednesday unanimously passed an earlier draft ruling that the reef’s status remain unchanged but that Australia must show significant progress in pushing its plan by the end of 2016.

Australia came under fire for its care of the reef – which has lost half of its coral cover in 30 years and was on track to further deteriorate – in a tense meeting in Qatar last year.

Committee members broadly commended moves to limit new ports on the Queensland coastline, ban the dumping of dredging spoil in world heritage waters and cut pollution runoff by 80% within a decade.

However, Germany noted the impact of dumping spoil from maintenance dredging for existing ports in reef waters, while Finland spoke of concerns about increased shipping.

The Philippines said Australia needed to address “knowledge gaps” in monitoring a reef 1,400 miles (2,300km) long and extend its vigilance in protecting coral to “seagrass beds, mangroves, floodplains and saltmarshes”.

WWF Australia’s chief executive, Dermot O’Gorman, said the committee had “stood up for the reef with a very strong decision that places Australia on probation for the next five years”.

“It is the right thing to do until the actual condition of the reef improves. Plans alone won’t save the reef. The real work starts now,”
he said.

Mistress America : A lonely college freshman's life is turned upside down by her impetuous, adventurous soon-to-be stepsister. Director: Noah Baumbach, Writers: Noah Baumbach, Greta Gerwig (screenplay), Cast: Seth Barrish, Juliet Brett, Michael Chernus, 2015, Comedy.

and this is really for the fans of Katherine Heigl:

Jenny's Wedding : Jenny Farrell has led an openly gay life - except with her conventional family. When she finally decides to start a family and marry the woman they thought was just her roommate... Director: Mary Agnes Donoghue, Writer: Mary Agnes Donoghue (screenplay), Cast: Katherine Heigl, Tom Wilkinson, Linda Emond, 2015, Comedy.

Jackie & Ryan : A modern day train hopper fighting to become a successful musician, and a single mom battling to maintain custody of her daughter, defy their circumstances by coming together in a relationship that may change each others lives forever. Director: Ami Canaan Mann, Writer: Ami Canaan Mann, Cast: Katherine Heigl, Ben Barnes, Clea DuVall, 2014, Drama.

Wishing you all a great evening, morning perhaps ? And good luck for tomorrow !

Hi Thalestris :)

The weather has cooled a lot today but it so much more bearable. I hope it has for you too. Mr Robot ooh not seen daz but heard it is very good. One to download and watch. Thank you :)
ginjaninja avatar
Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 15:42
Author:
Hi Thalestris, interesting article on the great barrier reef, in the spirit of conservation here is a great quote......

Unless we practice conservation, those who come after us will have to pay the price of misery, degradation, and failure for the progress and prosperity of our day.
Gifford Pinchot

Abhi121 avatar
Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 17:25
Author:
hy there Thalestris .... well those were good posts that i missed but just finished reading them ...
Quote By Disney
And u need ancient books to read this one ... but its a great quote someone told me :P :P
coupla-quotes-2.jpg
[Prev]  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 46, 47  [Next]
Page 12 of 47   [ 691 posts ]

Forum Search

search in post message
  search in topic subject
Forum

Home - Browse Torrents - Upload Torrent - Stat - Forum - FAQ - Login
ExtraTorrent.cc is in compliance with copyrights
BitCoin: 12DiyqsWhENahDzdhdYsRrCw8FPQVcCkcm
Can't load ExtraTorrent? Try our official mirrors: etmirror.com - etproxy.com - extratorrentonline.com - extratorrentlive.com
2006-2017 ExtraTorrent.cc3