Hot torrents
XVID DIVX
View Torrent Info: The.Levelling.2016.HDRip.XviD.AC3-EVO
View Torrent Info: Fifty.Shades.Darker.2017.UNRATED.HDRip.XviD.AC3-EVO
View Torrent Info: After.the.Reality.2016.HDRip.XviD.AC3-EVO
View Torrent Info: N.O.L.A.Circus.2016.HDRip.XViD-ETRG
Hot torrents
H264 X264
View Torrent Info: Fifty.Shades.Darker.2017.UNRATED.1080p.WEB-DL.H264.AC3-EVO[EtHD]
View Torrent Info: Jurassic World (2015) 720p BluRay x264 DTS Soup
View Torrent Info: Wolves.At.the.Door.2016.720p.WEB-DL.H264.AC3-ETRG
View Torrent Info: The.Legend.of.Ben.Hall.2016.720p.BluRay.x264-ENCOUNTERS[EtHD]
Hot torrents
BluRay, 4k UHD
View Torrent Info: Mine 2017 Bluray 1080p x264 DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: All.We.Had.2016.Multi.1080p.Blu-ray.x264.DTS-HD.5.1-DDR
View Torrent Info: Paterson 2016 Multi BLURAY 1080p x264 DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Rings.2017.Multi.BluRay.1080p.x264.DTS-HD.MA.7.1-DDR
Hot torrents
Television
View Torrent Info: Better.Call.Saul.S03E03.WEB-DL.x264-FUM[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Supergirl.S02E18.WEB-DL.x264-FUM[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Bates.Motel.S05E10.WEB-DL.x264-FUM[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Gotham.S03E15.REPACK.HDTV.x264-KILLERS[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Sing 2016 720p BluRay Hindi DD 5.1 x264-SnowDoN
View Torrent Info: House II : The Second Story (1987) x264 720p UNCUT BluRay Eng Subs {Dual Audio} [Hindi ORG DD 2.0   English 5.1] Exclusive By DREDD
View Torrent Info: Winner (2017) - 1080p - WEBRip - x264 - AC3 - ESub - [DDR]
View Torrent Info: [18 ] The Assignment (1997) UNRATED 720p WEBRip x264 Eng Subs [Dual Audio] [Hindi 2.0 - English 5.1] Exclusive By -=!Dr.STAR!=-
30s
Chat
To add new messages please Login or Register for FREE
Warning! Stop Government from Tracking Your Torrenting!
Your IP Address is 54.146.5.16.   Location is United States
Your Internet Provider and Government can track your internet activity! Hide your IP and LOCATION with a VPN
ExtraTorrent strongly recommends using Trust.Zone VPN to anonymize your torrenting. It's FREE!
HIDE ME NOW

The Pirate Gazette (closed)

[Prev]  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 46, 47  [Next]
Page 16 of 47   [ 691 posts ]
AuthorMessage
Thalestris avatar
Posted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 17:30
Author: Turtle
Hi everybody ! I hope that you're all enjoying this week end ! ? So today lots of reading, an itw of Peter Dinklage and some incredible story afterwards, a few pics and.. just 2 trailers, but nothing new exactly I'm afraid.

WZY7vKNl.jpg

Drawing parallels between actors and the characters they play is usually a futile endeavour that invites squirming interviewees to roll their eyes. In the case of Peter Dinklage, however, I plough right ahead. We’re sitting in a five-star hotel in Cancun, Mexico, and, thankfully, the air conditioning is blasting away the flush of embarrassment that accompanies my question. I’m also bolstered by the knowledge that one of the showrunners on Game of Thrones has already made the comparison: co-creator Dan Weiss claimed that both Dinklage and his character, Tyrion Lannister, are blessed with “a core of humanity covered by a shell of sardonic wit”. Does Dinklage agree with this poetically phrased comparison?

I await the eye-rolling, but Dinklage slowly nods his head. “Sure, I can understand that,” he says in his deep, rumbling tone. He has a beautiful voice. “I think Tyrion can be the most relatable to the modern sensibility because he’s not a hero and not a villain. He has a sense of humour even in the worst of times. Who relates to Ned Stark? Is he anybody sitting at the dinner table? But Tyrion is one of the dinner party.” Dinklage then pauses and pushes back his slouchy beanie hat. “Although Dan is probably talking about mine and Tyrion’s shared love of drinking and has just veiled it in a writerly way!” There you have it – Dinklage, like Tyrion, is all humanity and wit.

Though we must not push the comparisons too far – Tyrion after all is inclined towards prostitutes and patricide – their shared assets have paid dividends for Dinklage. Admittedly Tyrion gets many of the show’s best lines, but the actor delivers them with unwavering excellence and displays beneath the bravado an aura of deep melancholy. No one knows how Game of Thrones will end – topline characters are killed off with unerring regularity – but most fans will hope that Tyrion survives. The character’s brilliance has not only changed Dinklage’s life but has also helped shift expectations of what is required to succeed as a leading man. Dinklage was born with achondroplasia, the most common form of short-limbed dwarfism, and stands at 4ft 5in.

There is a different definition of the leading man now,” he says. “It’s fantastic. You look at the leading men of the past and they are very different. Hollywood is finally opening the door wider to more realistic portrayals of who people are. It’s not just about beautiful Hollywood stars.”

He says he owes the Game of Thrones author, George R R Martin, a debt of gratitude. “I loved The Lord of the Rings as books and movies but, like elves, dwarves are presented as another creature. They are not humans in those stories. We don’t have elves walking around, but we do have dwarves like myself. We are real. So it’s nice to be humanised in fiction for once, especially in that genre. George R R was clever enough to make a dwarf a fully fleshed-out human being.

When Game of Thrones launched in 2011, Dinklage became a household name, and he has fought hard to retain as much anonymity as possible. He is notoriously press-shy, but is in Mexico to promote Pixels, a sci-fi kids’ film with an all-star cast including Adam Sandler and Sean Bean. And a few days in Cancun with his family aren’t such a bind – in between interviews he and his daughter play happily in the pool. When he arrives, wearing jeans, grey T-shirt and that baggy hat, I sense that he’d rather still be in the pool.

His work on Thrones takes up three months of each year and gives him the financial security to take on smaller, independent projects. He recently shot the German movie Taxi with director Kerstin Ahlrichs, and will star in the dark thriller The Thicket, which he and his long-time manager David Ginsberg will produce. “Lower-budget films are very important because people are not there to make money but to create things for other reasons,” he explains. “I always appreciate that. It keeps me in touch with the earlier part of my career.

The earlier part of his career runs in two halves, starting with his memorable debut in 1995’s Living in Oblivion and running up to his breakout 2003 performance in The Station Agent. This was a period defined by impecuniousness; in his 20s he shared a tatty Lower East Side apartment with rodents. “I wouldn’t call it rat-infested, but we definitely found one rat.” Then there were the years leading up to Thrones, taking in the likes of Nip/Tuck and Death at a Funeral – the British film in 2007 and the US remake three years later – which saw his star rise.

During the first portion of his career he refused roles that he felt cast dwarves in a clichéd manner and, like his character in Living in Oblivion, railed against stereotyping. I remind him of a dream sequence with Steve Buscemi in the film, in which his character rants, “Is that the only way you can make this a dream – put a dwarf in it? Do you know anyone who has had a dream with a dwarf in it? No! I don’t even have dreams with dwarves in them!” Dinklage smiles. “I can totally relate to it,” he says of his character’s diatribe. “That was my first movie; I was kick-started with that rant and I have been living by those words ever since.”

He grew up in Brookside, New Jersey, raised by a music-teaching mother and an insurance-selling father. In spite of his happy home life, he found adolescence “tricky”. Performance, however, came naturally, as it did to his brother Jonathan, who is a professional violinist. Dinklage studied for a drama degree at Bennington College in Vermont and moved to New York, where he dreamed of starting a theatre company.

I was a little bit harder on myself in terms of the choices I would make when I was younger,” he says. Cute elves and buffoonish leprechauns were generally off the menu. He would go on to appear in Elf in 2003 and The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian five years later, but didn’t feel as though either film compromised his integrity. “I had a code that I lived by and knew the things that made me uncomfortable, and that I was not going to take them. There are a lot of other jobs that pay the rent and I wasn’t going to just see acting as a way to pay the bills, because it really didn’t.”

It wasn’t until he approached the age of 30 that he was able to make a decent living from his craft. It all changed when he played Tom Thumb in writer-director Tom McCarthy’s vaudevillian stage production. McCarthy recognised Dinklage’s leading-man potential and asked him to star in his film The Station Agent, which told of a railroad-lover who moves to an abandoned train station in a bid to find solitude. Instead, he finds friendship. The film was an indie hit, winning the Audience Award at the Sundance Film Festival and igniting the careers of both actor and director.

That was a movie made with friends for very little money back in a time where you could actually do that. I would like to think that you still can do that. That was a great time in all our lives. Tom has gone on and done incredible things.” Has Dinklage changed much in the intervening years? “I look a lot older, but I am still the same person,” he says, as he sups on a detox smoothie. “Paddling hard to keep my head above water.”

He is now 46 and his head is definitely above water, though he looks back fondly to when he was slipping under. “It was a lovely relationship of being an actor when I was young,” he says, “and my heart goes out to actors who get a lot of fame and money early on when they are kids or teenagers. If I’d had a nice bank account when I was 20, the damage I would have wreaked on myself and other people around me, boy. I wouldn’t have been responsible, but now I feel I can be more responsible.

In fact, responsibility is a must. Dinklage has a young family to support. He married theatre director Erica Schmidt in 2005 and the couple have a baby daughter (who, contrary to what’s reported online, is not called Zelig). “Let me tell you right now: her name is not Zelig. But it’s hilarious that that’s a fact in Wikipedia.” Doesn’t he want a correction made? “I don’t care!”

His wife, he says, is “brilliant. She loves theatre. Unlike a lot of other people in our profession where film is the ultimate goal, theatre is sacred to her. It’s not entertainment; it’s art.” The couple worked together earlier this year in an off-Broadway production of Turgenev’s A Month in the Country. “She’s very inspiring. She’s definitely the artist of the family.” And he’s not? “I am just the TV actor who pays the bills.

He is paying the bills while working in TV’s golden age. “Now is a great time in TV because advertisers are not running cable. HBO, for example, has complete artistic control. You can swear, show nudity, which is nice, and what is most important is that it gives writers permission to do what they really want to do.”

He is in demand on the big screen as well. He turns down a lot of fantasy projects that he feels are too close to Thrones. “The last thing you want when you do Game of Thrones is to do something Game of Thrones-like. I do a really good version of that genre, so I don’t need to do Beastmaster on my time off.

Dinklage has a number of studio pictures in the pipeline, including O’Lucky Day, an R-rated comedy about a con man who tries to convince people he’s a leprechaun, while he also has a supporting role in the forthcoming Melissa McCarthy movie Michelle Darnell. In addition, he signed a deal with Sony Pictures and will star in two of their upcoming movies, voicing the role of Mighty Eagle, a one-time ornithological hero who’s really let himself go, in an animation based on the wildly popular game Angry Birds. But before that comes Pixels, in which aliens attack using creatures from iconic 1980s arcade machines like Pac-Man and Donkey Kong.

The reviews from America, where Pixels opened late last month, have been weak, though Dinklage has attracted some praise for his performance as a mullet-wearing former arcade champion, Eddie, who is recruited by the government to stave off the alien assault. “It was a very common look back in the 80s where I grew up in New Jersey,” he says of his character’s retro fashion sense. “You still see guys like that. Sometimes people keep a fashion long after it’s dead. Eddie has the giant mullet and has a habit of taking the sleeves off everything that he wears. I guess he’s insecure about the back of his neck, but not about his guns.

Are his decisions to star in these two films, which skew slightly younger, informed by his young family, I wonder. His daughter might be able to watch Angry Birds when it comes out next year, or even Pixels, while presumably she does not even visit the set of Thrones. “No, she does not,” he says. “I am so protective of everything that society has to offer, especially if I am in it. Maybe one day she’ll watch Thrones. She is still very young – she’s three – so she is not going to the cinema to see Pixels just yet.

She has been to the cinema once and she lasted about half an hour.” What did she see? “It was Miyazaki’s My Neighbour Totoro, which we have now on DVD, and she is satisfied. I think she was a little too young. I think Dada was projecting on to her because I love Miyazaki so much. I jumped the gun on that one.

The family live in New York, where Dinklage can feel almost anonymous. “People see actors at red-carpet events and think that applies to my whole life, but it really doesn’t. I live in New York and I have a little place in the woods where I tend my garden. I like privacy and all this [press] is not my thing. I’m not jetting off to another fancy place after this.”

Starring in Game of Thrones has of course tempered his anonymity, even in New York. “I would give anything to be an actor back in the day when people would see you and go, ‘Oh, I wish I had a camera.’ Now everybody has a camera. Any time someone asks me, ‘I love your work, can I have a picture?’ I will do it – but it’s the sneaking of the photo I don’t like.” He pauses, a little exasperated. “It’s hard when you have your kid with you and you feel everyone is just spying and not really living in the moment. Nothing is private any more, especially with the younger generation. I feel like they are recording everything they’re doing and sending it to their friends. They’re writing on Facebook everything they had for breakfast that morning. It’s like: ‘Who the fuck cares?’

He breaks into a smile and looks a little bashful. “It definitely is a bourgeois problem because there are people who work and have a much harder time than I do. But it is a little strange and Game of Thrones has definitely caused that. When you do movies, people stop and go, ‘Hey, weren’t you in that thing I saw a few months ago?’ and you have to list your résumé. But with Game of Thrones it’s like, ‘My God, you were in my fucking living room last night!’

How long Tyrion will keep appearing in our living rooms, only the Game of Thrones creators know. Peter Dinklage, on the other hand, will be around for a long time to come.

aeGu0zDl.jpg

Early on Saturday evening, the New Zealander Kim Chambers became the first woman to swim through shark-infested waters from the Farallon Islands to San Francisco.

Chambers told the Guardian early on Sunday her swim had “nudged the boundary of safety”, after she began it “violently ill” and “vomiting profusely”.

The swim, which took Chambers 17 hours and 12 minutes after she dropped into the water at 11.15pm on Friday, had been completed by four men, but never a woman. It also began in waters which are breeding grounds for some of the largest great white sharks in the world, which can grow to six metres (19ft).

In July, a man abandoned an attempt to complete the swim in the opposite direction when his support boat spotted a 15ft great white.

You are really playing with the wild and the elements of the ocean,” Chambers said. “It is very scary because of all the great white sharks out there. We are nudging the boundary of safety.

Chambers said that only when she saw the Golden Gate Bridge did she know she was going to complete what she called the most difficult open swim on the planet.

“It’s truly an honor. It means so much to me,” Chambers said.

The Farallon National Wildlife Refuge includes all islands in the group except Southeast Island – the only inhabited island. A large elephant seal population attracts large numbers of great white sharks, and scientists have logged as many as 80 shark attacks in a single season.

Chambers made her swim at a busy time of the year for great whites, for which September is traditionally the mating season. Female great whites, which congregate off the Farallons, are generally larger than males.

I love the water, but there is something scary about slipping in at dark with all the sharks,” she said.

Chambers has become one of the leading open water swimmers in the world. She has completed the Ocean Seven, a series of marathon swims that include the Molokai Channel, the North Channel and the Strait of Gibaltrar.

But this was the most dangerous and difficult swim she has attempted and completed, Chambers said. The reaction from fellow swimmers in San Francisco showed just how much her accomplishment meant.

“I am proud of her and for what she has been able to do,” said 20-year-old amateur swimmer Sally Lee, adding: “I really think she has shown that women can do anything a man can do, and maybe better. I mean she finished on her first attempt and this is really powerful motivation for us training to be open water swimmers.”

The swim didn’t start as Chambers expected, however, possibly thanks to something she had eaten the day before.

I was violently ill,” she said. “I was vomiting profusely and it was a bit touch and go for a while there.

But she said her support team and her mother helped spur her forward. “Everyone kept telling me, ‘You got this’,” she said. “I was in tears as I passed under the [Golden Gate] bridge.”

Chambers said she hoped her swimming could help inspire people to know there are no limits to what the human body and mind can do.

My goal is to be inspiring young girls,” she said. “I want them to dream big because the rewards outweigh the risks. I didn’t leave anything in the bay.”

vL9MeNll.jpg

The largest annual gathering of twins – and other multiples – takes place in Twinsburg, Ohio. The festival is held every August and this year more than 18,000 people attended. Photographer Teake Zuidema

SGfWLRMl.jpg

Dhaka, Bangladeshi
A torch-lit protest against the killing of blogger Niloy Chakrabarti, who used the pen-name Niloy Neel, the fourth such writer to be murdered in Bangladesh by suspected Islamist militants this year

Photograph: Munir Uz Zaman/AFP/Getty Images

Wishing you all a nice Sunday and a great start of the week ! wGHkwn3.gif

ange1 avatar
Posted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 08:00
Author: ModeratorET lover
Hello Thalestris thank you for that interesting post about Peter Dinklage. He is my favourite character in Thrones. He may be small but boy he has proven to be very big. His acting ability is outstanding, his voice, wow. In Thrones he just out shines amongst the tallest. His witty humor lines are great.... Long live Tyrion lol

Wish you a wonderful Monday and hopefully not to hot for you today
dogsthrobber avatar
Posted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 14:19
Author: Site FriendET junkieET loverKittymenSunTurtle
Thalestris, informative and pleasant. you should start the ET Tribune.keep it up and have a great week yourself.:}
Thalestris avatar
Posted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 17:14
ange1 wrote:
Hello Thalestris thank you for that interesting post about Peter Dinklage. He is my favourite character in Thrones. He may be small but boy he has proven to be very big. His acting ability is outstanding, his voice, wow. In Thrones he just out shines amongst the tallest. His witty humor lines are great.... Long live Tyrion lol

Wish you a wonderful Monday and hopefully not to hot for you today

Hi ange, oh he is your favorite character as well ! Well I'm really glad to hear that you've enjoyed reading this itw wGHkwn3.gif And thanks for your wishes, it's indeed really hot again today and my laptop hates that .. Have a great week ahead my lovely friend xR0G40N.gif
Thalestris avatar
Posted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 17:40
dogsthrobber wrote:
Thalestris, informative and pleasant. you should start the ET Tribune.keep it up and have a great week yourself.:}

Hi dogsthrobber and thanks for your review by the way wGHkwn3.gif and that's a good idea really to start an ET Tribune, but to be honest, it's already quite a lot of work, lots of reading.. so just by myself, it wouldn't be possible, the whole process of selecting the articles, pics and trailers takes a while.. So let's say that I'm happy to remain an "amateur" and I'm glad that you're enjoying it already wGHkwn3.gif

And today in fact, I have to take a little break, because , I din't find anything really appealing to share with you so you see, it's not so easy sometimes, nothing inspiring. And I can't even post pics damn.. Imgur is really screwy !! So I'll just post a few trailers, hopefully tomorrow, I'll spot something interesting to read and imgur will be working properly ?

Sneaky Pete : After leaving prison, Marius takes cover from his past by assuming the identity of his cellmate, Pete. He moves in with Pete's long-estranged, unsuspecting family and is roped into the family's bail bond business. He's a criminal taking down other criminals and, in the process, he'll discover the family life he's never had.Director: Seth Gordon, Writer: David Shore, Cast: Giovanni Ribisi, Marin Ireland, Margo Martindale, 2015, Drama.

and I promise a special friend from Kat that I would post this song that he has sent me last night and I say hi and thanks for the link, it's a French song originally, but this one is the English version.

Ok, so I wish you all a great Monday, morning, afternoon, evening and good luck for tomorrow ! ( and no emoticon, because imgur is down again .. grrr , sorry about that).

No avatar
Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 08:09
Author:
Hello,everyone i am mew here...can i join all of you???
Abhi121 avatar
Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 14:29
Author:
yoniks wrote:

Yea sure ... welcome 2 ET .. the place 2 be ... it would be great to have ya in here ..
Abhi121 avatar
Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 14:42
Author:
Hy there Thalestris ... thanks again for the informative and nice articles
So u know what's next .. a quote .... ;)

If you live long enough, you'll make mistakes. But if you learn from them, you'll be a better person. It's how you handle adversity, not how it affects you. The main thing is never quit, never quit, never quit. - William J. Clinton
nature_portrait_by_pw_fotografie-d63tx0n.jpg

And thought to share a song that was stuck in my head ....

Thalestris avatar
Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 17:03
yoniks wrote:

Well hi yoniks and welcome to ET ! Sorry for the late answer.. With the time difference and all.. And if you want to meet more people on ET and actually talk , try the chat too ! wGHkwn3.gif
Thalestris avatar
Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 17:41
Abhi121 wrote:
Hy there Thalestris ... thanks again for the informative and nice articles
So u know what's next .. a quote .... ;)

If you live long enough, you'll make mistakes. But if you learn from them, you'll be a better person. It's how you handle adversity, not how it affects you. The main thing is never quit, never quit, never quit. - William J. Clinton

Hi Abhi gHdOO4Y.gif and thanks for the quote and the song ! I'll listen to it when I've finished that post today and I wish you a great week ahead ! wGHkwn3.gif

So today! I guess that you've all heard of Google and Alphabet , so I won't talk about it, but if you have questions, I just read something, just ask and I'll post it obviously. But in fact , I had something a little more fun in mind, I 'll talk to you about salad, John Hurt and a quiz in the end. Plus a few pics and trailers.

kxKewwI.gif

It was one small bite for man, one giant meal for mankind.

On a gustatory adventure never attempted by humanity, astronauts have for the first time dined on a harvest sown in space. The verdict from astronaut Scott Kelly: “Tastes good. Kinda like arugula.” It was a strangely appropriate comment, given that arugula is also known as rocket.

Kelly was one of three American astronauts who tried lettuce grown on board the International Space Station as part of a Nasa experiment on Monday.

The crew members of Expedition 44 harvested space-grown red romaine lettuce heads on Monday. They first cleaned them with sanitizing wipes, then tried them raw, then dressed the roughage with a bit of extra virgin olive oil and Italian balsamic vinegar.

“If we’re ever going to go to Mars someday, and we will,” Kelly said, “we’re going to need a spacecraft that is much more sustainable.

“Having the ability for us to grow our own food is a big step in that direction.”

Kelly activated the seeds in the production bay and rooting “pillows” – chambers of clay, fertilizer and water – on 8 July, more than a year after the seeds were launched into orbit.

The experiment, officially called Veg-01 but nicknamed Veggie by Nasa, is meant to study plant growth in a micro-gravity environment and to improve the methods that could grow produce in orbit.

Growing food will be critical to future long-duration spaceflight,” Nasa’s Tabatha Thompson told the Guardian. “So this is an important experiment not just for life on the space station but also for future deep space missions on our journey to Mars.

Nasa performed an earlier version of the Veggie experiment last year, after which the astronauts brought plants back to Earth for analysis.

Those plants were “as clean if not cleaner” than grocery store fare, said Nasa spokesperson Stephanie Schierholz, leading to the current experiment. The astronauts will package up half the plants and freeze them for a return to the planet for testing.

Schierholz said the experiment will help Nasa break free from the limits of necessary resupply flights, which become increasingly difficult – if not impossible – as missions venture farther from Earth. Astronauts on the ISS usually have about six months’ worth of food at a given time; gardens could make a spacecraft relatively self-sustaining.

“The more independent we can get from the need to save supplies, the greater we can explore,” she said.

Fresh foods could provide valuable health benefits for astronauts who otherwise rely on packaged goods that can endure the stressful conditions of space. Tomatoes and red lettuce provide antioxidants, for instance, and Ray Wheeler, a Nasa life support researcher, said that the benefits could keep astronauts healthier and happier in space.

Having fresh food like these available in space could have a positive impact on people’s moods and also could provide some protection against radiation in space,” Wheeler said in a statement.

There is also a psychological benefit, Schierholz said. “They don’t have a grocery store to get an apple or fresh fruit,” and the vegetables are a welcome reminder of unpackaged food from home.

Nasa has gone out of its way to make the food look more familiar, using green LEDs as well as more efficient red and blue ones in order to make the lettuce turn more green and less red than it otherwise would do.

“We could more efficiently grow them without the green LEDs,” Schierholz said, “but the green actually gives it psychological benefit of eating a food that looks familiar versus food that looks weird.”

Astronauts have said that taste changes in space, at least for the first few days in orbit when the body is struggling to adjust to its new conditions in gravity. In 2013 astronaut Chris Hadfield explained that blood flowing to the head, rather than down to the feet, caused congestion and clogged sinuses, blunting scents and flavors to the point of tastelessness.

More important to astronauts, especially Kelly and Kornienko, who have lived on the station for 135 days, may simply be the variety of fresh food. Trapped in the space station, astronauts have said that they found themselves preferring spicier and stranger flavors – like wasabi or Russian cottage cheese – over familiar comfort foods like cookies and pasta.

Gardening could even be a hobby for astronauts with an interest in botany, or at least an activity to stave off the psychological stress of an extended journey in the tight quarters of spaceflight. Crew members of the ISS receive fresh fruits and supplies with every payload from the Earth, but have to consume the produce quickly.

“The farther and longer humans go away from Earth, the greater the need to be able to grow plants for food, atmosphere recycling and psychological benefits,” Nasa payload scientist Giola Massa said in a statement.

In the early days of the Veggie experiment almost three years ago, Massa said that simply having plants around the space module made astronauts feel more at home.

“Based upon anecdotal evidence, crews report that having plants around was very comforting and helped them feel less out of touch with Earth,” Massa said. “You could also think of plants as pets. The crew just likes to nurture them.”

Improving the expandable Veggie scaffold, about the size of a stovetop, could also help agriculture on Earth, Nasa argues, by making it possible to grow plants in efficient, vertical “plant factories” that maximize available light and water.

Modern life is homogenised and not as much fun, says John Hurt

We’re obsessed with the dangers of alcohol and political correctness, says Hurt, who stars in Radio 4’s Jeffrey Bernard is Unwell

ir John Hurt has bemoaned the homogenised state of modern society, in which excessive warnings about the danger of alcohol abound and making a pass at a woman is fraught with risks.

The 75-year-old actor, whose film credits include The Elephant Man, The Naked Civil Servant and the Harry Potter films said life was more fun in the days when he hellraised with the likes of Peter O’Toole and Oliver Reed.

Hurt stars in Keith Waterhouse’s classic play Jeffrey Bernard is Unwell on Radio 4 on Saturday, and the twice Oscar-nominated actor’s role as the famous drinker, gambler and womaniser who wrote about his exploits in his weekly Spectator Low Life column, appears to have prompted nostalgia for bygone days.

Jeffrey made a life choice and was very much a character of his period,” Hurt told the Radio Times. “Now it would not be acceptable. No one drinks so much. People don’t give in to temptation and everything is controlled ... Society is much more homogenised and we’re all supposed to conform. People are censorious but the pendulum will swing back, as it always does. There were difficulties in those days, obviously, but life was more fun.

“We’ve become obsessed with the dangers of alcohol – you get newspaper articles that are entirely over the top. There’s political correctness as well. I wonder who instigated that? Where does it come from, and who says what is or is not politically correct? And as for the way you have to treat women these days …

Hurt, who has been married four times, said he would not not know how to get a date in the modern world for fear of harassment.

Despite his admission that he sometimes drank too much and his censure of modern attitudes towards alcohol, Hurt makes a distinction between the Soho society he frequented with Bernard and binge drinkers.

I had endless conversations with Francis Bacon, Lucian Freud, Jeff [Bernard] and others,” he said. “People go out today with the intention of getting smashed. We never had that intention, although it might happen. We hated binge drinkers. They were boring and if you slipped into it, you’d be told to pull yourself together. We wanted to seek, to find, to be interested, heighten awareness, talk.

Hurt warned that the famous London district was in danger of losing its artistic bent as corporations moved in but said the area “won’t accept middle-class changes imposed on it”.

Jeffrey Bernard is Unwell takes place in the Coach & Horses pub in Soho, where Bernard is locked in overnight, having fallen asleep in the toilet, and muses on what his life has become.

Hurt, the winner of four Bafta awards, revealed that he turned down the role of the Spectator columnist, immortalised by O’Toole in the 1989 stage production.

Hurt, who was good friends with Bernard, said: “I thought Keith wrote something too comic. Jeffrey was a very funny man, but his life was not entirely so.”

Bernard would write about his exploits with drink, women and his many ravaging illnesses. On the frequent occasions he was unable to file his column, the words “Jeffrey Bernard is unwell” would appear in its place.

Despite his initial reservations, Hurt saw the play twice and thought it brilliant and that O’Toole was “perfect” in the role.

He recorded the radio version over three days in the Soho club Gerry’s, a favourite haunt of Waterhouse, where Bernard worked as a barman during a period when he gave up alcohol. Hurt said the benefit of radio was that it was more personal than the stage.

Bernard was given only a few years to live in 1965 when he was diagnosed with pancreatitis but eventually died of kidney failure in 1997, aged 65, having managed to see his life transferred to the stage.

Shortly before the recording, Hurt, whose other famous roles include Midnight Express and Alien, was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, a coincidence he described in June as “one of life’s small ironies”.

I can’t say I worry about mortality, but it’s impossible to get to my age and not have a little contemplation of it,” he told the Radio Times. “We’re all just passing time, and occupy our chair very briefly. But my treatment is going terrifically well, so I’m optimistic.”

kMgibVfl.jpg

Ferguson, Misouri, US
Amarion Allen, 11-years-old, stands in front of a police line shortly before shots were fired in a police-officer involved shooting. Two people were shot in the midst of a late-night confrontation between riot police and protesters, after a day of peaceful events commemorating the fatal shooting of Michael Brown by a white officer one year ago
Photograph: Rick Wilking/Reuters

ZX9yFQHl.jpg

Kos, Greece
Hundreds of migrants gather for registration procedure in the port. Fights broke out as overwhelmed authorities struggle to contain increasing numbers of people arriving clandestinely on rubber dinghies from the nearby Turkish shore
Photograph: Yorgos Karahalis/AP

After all I tend to forget that it's the local hangout so : Here we go :

Give it a shot: match the drunk quote to the movie ( I'll give some answers tomorrow but between you & I, I don't know everything so I'll probably need your help for at least 2 ...

1"Champagne is a great leveller. It makes you my equal."

Humphrey Bogart – Casablanca
Marilyn Monroe – The Seven Year Itch
James Stewart - The Philadelphia Story
Cary Grant – An Affair to Remember

2 "This is a very strict plane that I'm on."

Denzel Washington - Flight
Kristen Wiig – Bridesmaids
Robert Hays – Airplane
Jason Sudeikis – We're the Millers

3 "Rhode Island could beat the crap out of it in a war."

Robert Shaw – Jaws
Paul Rudd – I Love You Man
John Belushi – Animal House
Dudley Moore - Arthur

4 "Don't ever be named Dan. Dan rhymes with man and men jerk off and he was a jerk off."

Leslie Mann - The 40-Year-Old Virgin
Mary Elizabeth Winstead – Smashed
Renee Zellweger – Bridget Jones's Diary
Sandra Bullock – 28 Days

5 "I do not accept drinks from gentlemen who disapprove of me."

Audrey Hepburn - Breakfast at Tiffany's
Karen Allen – Raiders of the Lost Ark
Ari Graynor – Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist
Keira Knightley – Pirates of the Caribbean: The Cruse of the Black Pearl

6 "I hurt people. I'm a dick."

Will Ferrell – Old School
Trey Parker - Team America: World Police
Jason Segal – Forgetting Sarah Marshall
Nicolas Cage – Leaving Las Vegas

7 "Go get me a rag because you've got so many of those lying around here."

Charlize Theron - Young Adult
Elizabeth Taylor – Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf
Billy Bob Thornton – Bad Santa
Lindsay Lohan – Mean Girls

8 “I can write a hit play. Why can't I have a little drink to unwind myself?”

Richard E Grant – Withnail & I
Jason Schwartzman - Rushmore
Nicolas Cage – Adaptation
Joseph Fiennes – Shakespeare in Love

9 “I must have killed more men than Cecil B. DeMille.”

Melissa McCarthy – The Heat
Zach Galifianakis – The Hangover
Gene Wilder – Blazing Saddles
Christian Bale – American Psycho

10 “Last year, I was insane for this crazy little eighth grade bitch.

Anthony Michael Hall – Weird Science
Adam Sandler – Billy Madison
Michael Cera – Superbad
Gedde Watanabe – Sixteen Candles

Wishing you all a great Tuesday morning , afternoon, evening and good luck for tomorrow ! wGHkwn3.gif
ange1 avatar
Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 18:25
yoniks wrote:

Welcome to ET great to have you here :)
ange1 avatar
Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 18:28
Thalestris thank you for the awesome articles and quotes. Wish you a lovely evening and hope it is a lot cooler for you :)

Thank you all for the lovely quotes.
Thalestris avatar
Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 16:29
ange1 wrote:
Thalestris thank you for the awesome articles and quotes. Wish you a lovely evening and hope it is a lot cooler for you :)

Thank you all for the lovely quotes.

Hi ange gHdOO4Y.gif, my lovely friend, I'm glad that you like the articles and some hell of a day, unbearable really.. We're expecting some violent storm tonight, so I'd better hurry for this post ... wGHkwn3.gif

So today , 1 article, then a few pics and a few trailers in the end. And I was going to forget the quiz !!

fxeMYwll.jpg

Myanmar evacuates thousands as worst floods in decades hit

Myanmar was evacuating parts of a city on Wednesday after mudslides wiped away hundreds of houses and torrential rain threatened further damage in the worst floods to hit the country in decades.

The government in Hakha, the capital of impoverished Chin state in northwest Myanmar, was moving nearly 4,000 people to safety after landslides caused by rains destroyed 375 houses, Chin Finance Minister Nan Zamon told Reuters.

At least 103 people have been killed and more than one million "critically affected" by the flooding, according to the government and the U.N. Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs. It is the worst natural disaster since Cyclone Nargis killed nearly 140,000 people in May 2008.

Five out of six townships in Hakha, population 50,000, had been hit by landslides and another 900 houses were in danger of being damaged, Nan Zamon said.

"We are carrying out the evacuation now, giving priority to people from the houses that are completely damaged," he said.

Hakha is 970 km (600 miles) to the northwest of Myanmar's largest city, Yangon, and is the capital of one of the poorest and least-developed regions.

The government has declared Chin and three other areas disaster zones and appealed for international help. At least a dozen countries have donated cash, with China dispatching a convoy of trucks with relief supplies, India and Australia flying in military aircraft to deliver supplies and the European Union and United States pledging funds for the relief effort.

Nan Zamon said another 3,000 people from nearby villages were also being moved to temporary shelters at government buildings and churches.

As the danger of landslides can grow bigger, we are trying to find a safer place for the people. At the moment, experts are conducting necessary geological surveys to find a safer and wider place for more people to move,” said Nan Zamon.

The government has delayed the reconvening of parliament, initially scheduled for Aug. 10, due to the floods. The parliament is scheduled to reopen on Aug. 18 for the final session before elections set for early November.

(Story refiles to add more than a million "critically affected", rather than "displaced")

sGCpm1vl.jpg

Sierra Leone celebrates lifting of ban on public gatherings due to Ebola
People flock to beaches, nightclubs and restaurants of Freetown and beyond as country parties hard into the night for first time in more than a year

Y7tmEACl.jpg

Fifteen years after he first visited as a student of hispanic studies, photographer Matt Humphrey returned to Cuba earlier this year, eager to capture images of the country before the end of the Castro era.
A young boy sits in the tomato section of his father’s cart, as they both work on the sale.

Do3ACoPl.jpg

Berlin, Germany
Migrant boy waits at his parents’ suitcase as they leave the Berlin State Office for Health and Social Affairs with other newly arrived refugees who waited all day to apply for asylum in Berlin

Photograph: Stefanie Loos/Reuters

Ok and I'll post right after this one my guess for the quiz, but I missed 2.

Thalestris avatar
Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 16:36
My guess regarding the quotes, but honestly , correct me if I'm wrong and I left the ones that I couldn't guess...

1"Champagne is a great leveller. It makes you my equal."

Humphrey Bogart – Casablanca
Marilyn Monroe – The Seven Year Itch
James Stewart - The Philadelphia Story
Cary Grant – An Affair to Remember

2 "This is a very strict plane that I'm on."

Denzel Washington - Flight
Kristen Wiig – Bridesmaids
Robert Hays – Airplane
Jason Sudeikis – We're the Millers

3 "Rhode Island could beat the crap out of it in a war."

Robert Shaw – Jaws
Paul Rudd – I Love You Man
John Belushi – Animal House
Dudley Moore - Arthur

4 "Don't ever be named Dan. Dan rhymes with man and men jerk off and he was a jerk off."

Leslie Mann - The 40-Year-Old Virgin
Mary Elizabeth Winstead – Smashed
Renee Zellweger – Bridget Jones's Diary
Sandra Bullock – 28 Days

5 "I do not accept drinks from gentlemen who disapprove of me."

Audrey Hepburn - Breakfast at Tiffany's
Karen Allen – Raiders of the Lost Ark
Ari Graynor – Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist
Keira Knightley – Pirates of the Caribbean: The Cruse of the Black Pearl

6 "I hurt people. I'm a dick."

Will Ferrell – Old School
Trey Parker - Team America: World Police
Jason Segal – Forgetting Sarah Marshall
Nicolas Cage – Leaving Las Vegas ( ??? Not entirely sure about that one ...)

7 "Go get me a rag because you've got so many of those lying around here." No idea ??

Charlize Theron - Young Adult
Elizabeth Taylor – Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf
Billy Bob Thornton – Bad Santa
Lindsay Lohan – Mean Girls

8 “I can write a hit play. Why can't I have a little drink to unwind myself?

Richard E Grant – Withnail & I
Jason Schwartzman - Rushmore
Nicolas Cage – Adaptation
Joseph Fiennes – Shakespeare in Love

9 “I must have killed more men than Cecil B. DeMille.”

Melissa McCarthy – The Heat
Zach Galifianakis – The Hangover
Gene Wilder – Blazing Saddles
Christian Bale – American Psycho

10 “Last year, I was insane for this crazy little eighth grade bitch.” No idea ??

Anthony Michael Hall – Weird Science
Adam Sandler – Billy Madison
Michael Cera – Superbad
Gedde Watanabe – Sixteen Candles
Matrinmax avatar
Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 17:02
Author:
Sir I,want to uploding eBooks on Extratorrent.cc. Give me permission. I,m uploding on thepiratebay.se you check my acount and give me permission to uploding.
My acount thepiratebay.se Logged in as shoper123
[Prev]  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 46, 47  [Next]
Page 16 of 47   [ 691 posts ]

Forum Search

search in post message
  search in topic subject
Forum

Home - Browse Torrents - Upload Torrent - Stat - Forum - FAQ - Login
ExtraTorrent.cc is in compliance with copyrights
Can't load ExtraTorrent? Try our official mirrors: etmirror.com - etproxy.com - extratorrentonline.com - extratorrentlive.com
2006-2017 ExtraTorrent.cc2