Hot torrents
Television
View Torrent Info: Elementary.S05E20.HDTV.x264-KILLERS[ettv]
View Torrent Info: NCIS.Los.Angeles.S08E21.HDTV.x264-KILLERS[ettv]
View Torrent Info: UFC Fight Night 108 WEB-DL H264 Fight-BB
View Torrent Info: The.Son.S01E04.WEB-DL.x264-FUM[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Thoppil Joppan (2016) Bluray 1080p x264 TrueHD 5.1-DDR
View Torrent Info: Janaan (2016) TVRIP 1CDRIP x264 AAC 2.0 [DDR]
View Torrent Info: Norm Of The North (2016) x264 720p BluRay Eng Subs {Dual Audio} [Hindi ORG DD 2.0   English 5.1] Exclusive By DREDD
View Torrent Info: Oh My Friend (2011) 1080p Bluray x264 DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
30s
Chat
To add new messages please Login or Register for FREE
Warning! Protect Yourself from Lawsuits and Fines!
Your IP Address is 54.224.247.75.   Location is United States
Your IP Address is visible to EVERYONE. Hide your IP ADDRESS with a VPN while torrenting!
ExtraTorrent strongly recommends using Trust.Zone VPN to anonymize your torrenting. It's FREE!
Hide my IP address!

The Pirate Gazette (closed)

[Prev]  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 46, 47  [Next]
Page 17 of 47   [ 691 posts ]
AuthorMessage
Thalestris avatar
Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 17:14
Author: Turtle
Matrinmax wrote:
Sir I,want to uploding eBooks on Extratorrent.cc. Give me permission. I,m uploding on thepiratebay.se you check my acount and give me permission to uploding.
My acount thepiratebay.se Logged in as shoper123

Hi Matrinmax, it's not the right place to ask such a question, so you'd better ask again here :

http://extratorrent.cc/forum/topic/21958/trial+uploader+status.html?page=177
Abhi121 avatar
Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 17:50
Author:
Matrinmax wrote:
Sir I,want to uploding eBooks on Extratorrent.cc. Give me permission. I,m uploding on thepiratebay.se you check my acount and give me permission to uploding.
My acount thepiratebay.se Logged in as shoper123

U need 2 put your goggles on my friend and head over here ...
http://extratorrent.cc/forum/topic/21958/trial+uploader+status.html
Thalestris avatar
Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 17:08
Hi everybody ! gHdOO4Y.gif So I was going to post some really depressing article but, in fact, damn, we need hope ! So I'll post this itw instead ! A few pics and lots of trailers today, some that you have probably seen already, but others should be entirely new ! wGHkwn3.gif

K8fhj1Nl.jpg

He’s been jailed, poisoned, banned and bombed. But film-maker Mohsen Makhmalbaf won’t stop asking tough questions. As The President, his new satire about a toppled dictator living in disguise, goes on release, the exiled Iranian explains why oppressed people are also to blame for tyranny.

Mohsen Makhmalbaf is fidgeting in his seat. “In the cinema,” he says, “I tend to drive people next to me insane. I can’t sit on my ass. I have to constantly move.” Over lunch, in this top-floor restaurant overlooking St Paul’s cathedral in London, he changes seats twice.

Makhmalbaf, one of Iran’s most prominent directors, is restless by nature. Constantly thinking of new ideas, endlessly curious about the world, he has made a film and written a book every year since 1981. In his home by the Thames, he has a stack of two dozen scripts on standby. He is by no means short of story ideas.

His latest film, The President, which premiered at Venice last year and is out in the UK next week, is a dark satire following the life of a despot and his six-year-old grandson as they flee from revolutionaries. Disguising himself as a street musician, the president, played by Misha Gomiashvilli, begins to learn about the people he oppressed.

Although it was shot in Georgia, the film is meant to depict an unnamed country: this dictator could come from any part of the world. As Makhmalbaf says: “You can see Iraq, Libya, Syria, Central Asia and even Cuba in it.” The idea came to Makhmalbaf nine years ago when he was visiting the ruins of Darul Aman palace outside Kabul, once the home of former Afghan president Mohammad Najibullah. “I initially based the script on Najibullah,” he says, “but after the Arab spring, I rewrote it many times, with help from my wife, deleting any signs that could reveal which country it was.

At last we had a president – but is it clear whether their president came to power with or without an election? He could be either a shah or a president. Was he overthrown by a revolution or a military coup? It could be both. You could see Iraq’s Saddam Hussein in him, or Libya’s Muammar Gaddafi. You could also see Iran’s current supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, or even our own former Shah of Iran and his wife Farah Pahlavi, who fled the country before the revolution.

Makhmalbaf, 58, has first-hand experience of revolution. As a 15-year-old, he set up his own guerrilla-style political group to overthrow the Shah. Jailed at 17 for attempting to stab a soldier, he was only released five years later when the Shah fled during the 1979 revolution. In prison, he shared cells with some of Iran’s most famous revolutionaries; some became leaders, others were hanged as traitors.

After the revolution, Makhmalbaf quit politics and began a career as a writer and film-maker. Three decades later, however, he became a high-profile supporter of Iran’s pro-reform Green movement, which took to the streets in 2009 to protest at the disputed re-election of Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. He is now persona non grata in Iran, where his works are banned.

Having followed the failure of the Arab spring, and with his own Iranian experiences in mind, Makhmalbaf thought a lot about ordinary people’s role in dictatorships when making The President. “Look at Syria now,” he says. “President Bashar al-Assad is a bad guy, but are the revolutionaries good? No, some are even worse than him. It’s the same situation with Gaddafi: he was bad but look at the anarchists in power now. In films, dictators are often depicted as bad guys while the people are only seen as oppressed. I wanted to show that the people share the blame, too, because they’re silent. The history of dictatorship is the history of people’s silence. It’s often not dictatorship of power – it’s dictatorship of fear.”

Like most of Makhmalbaf’s films, The President was a family affair: his son Maysam edited the sound, his wife Marzieh co-wrote the script, and their younger daughter Hana edited. It comes in the wake of such internationally acclaimed works as Gabbeh (1995) and The Cyclist (1987). He is perhaps best known for Kandahar (2001), about an Afghan journalist who leaves her new home in Canada to rescue her suicidal little sister from the country where they grew up.

Makhmalbaf says he doesn’t want to be confined to any particular style. “I don’t want to be a prisoner of my own signature,” he says. “Each of my new films is a revolt against the previous one.” And he has now filmed in 10 countries, including Afghanistan, Pakistan, Tajikistan, India, Italy and even Israel (for 2012’s The Gardener), a place that remains a taboo subject in his homeland. That last film sees a father and a son debating their views on religion.

Everywhere I go,” Makhmalbaf says, “human beings are the same. They fall in love in the same way, they become sorrowful in the same way, they have the same fears of death, illness, solitude. Cinema makes us united. I think about human beings and I make films about human beings. I may come from Iran but, like millions who are refugees, I am also a refugee – a refugee of cinema.

Like many refugees, his life has been full of danger. While filming in Taliban-controlled Afghanistan, he twice came close to death – first when someone tried to poison him, then in a grenade attack that killed one person on his film set and wounded 20 others. “When I went to prison,” he says, “I realised that people there were themselves all little dictators without power. We thought if the Shah went away, we would have democracy, but each of us had a little Shah in our own minds.

Why does he think pro-democracy movements have failed in Iran and other places such as Afghanistan and Latin America? “Democracies are not solely based on popular revolt: we need cultural changes first. We’ve never had a Renaissance [in the Middle East], we never doubted our history, we never doubted our social values, and you can’t build democracy without doubting first. Another important reason is the west. The west is democracy within, dictatorship outside. Look at America’s role in Afghanistan – how can you learn democracy from the west?

In the middle of this mayhem, what’s the artists’s role? “An artist is not an artist without three things,” he says. “Honesty, profoundness and responsibility.” The last of these he can even quantify: “Watching a film takes about an hour and a half. You can watch 10 films a day if you don’t do anything else and just sleep, so if someone lived 80 years, that person could watch 292,000 films. So when a film has 300,000 viewers, that is equal to a life of a human being. If another film has three million viewers, that’s equal to the lives of 10 people.” He pauses then adds: “And if a Hollywood production is rubbish, then they’ve murdered 100 people.

With widespread censorship since 1979, why has Iranian cinema flourished at home and abroad? “Two years before the revolution, our cinema industry came to a halt as it became unable to compete with Hollywood. Then, when we made the revolution, it was a revolution without cinema – people burned cinemas. But after a while there was a reconciliation: the mosque reconciled with cinema, people reconciled with cinema. And cinema played a huge role later in Iran’s reform movement. Millions of people went to see my films. State TV was full of lies, so people went to cinemas to see the truth.

And abroad? “Outside the country, the world was curious about an Iran behind closed doors. And our films were different. They weren’t like Hollywood, full of violence – or like European films, full of despair. Our films were about hope.”

Al5fuzol.jpg

Kos, Greece
Migrant women carrying children comfort each other upon reaching the shore. The Greek government said it was immediately dispatching a ship to Kos to double up as an accommodation and processing centre for up to 2,500 people as about 7,000 migrants wait to apply for immigration
papers Photograph: Angelos Tzortzinis/AFP/Getty Images

1TtVh6Bl.jpg

Tianjin, China
Fire and smoke are seen after explosions at a warehouse filled with ‘dangerous chemicals’. At least 44 people have been killed and at least another 400 injured
.Photograph: ChinaFotoPress/Getty Images

aTXqgEtl.jpg

Mdumbi, South Africa
A common dolphin dives into the bait ball of sardines. Millions of sardines make their annual migration from the southern tip of South Africa north to warmer waters.
Photograph: Daniel Botelho/Barcroft Media

Wishing you all a great Thursday morning, afternoon, evening and good luck for tomorrow ! wGHkwn3.gif
Thalestris avatar
Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 17:11
Hi everybody ! gHdOO4Y.gif So what's up in the world, well, it was difficult to choose , so this long article , a few pics, a cartoon and a few trailers, far less than yesterday, but may be at the last minute, some new ones will pop up, you never know ? So here we go :

ePZZld5l.jpg

Road D Beach. Renting a home by the ocean during the summer can cost more than $1m, according to real estate agent Nancy Hardy. Photograph: Bastien Inzaurralde

Among the women paying $1,000 for a massage and the men lounging in $100m homes in the billionaires’ playground of the Hamptons is a largely unseen, mostly Latino, workforce toiling all summer in order to survive the winter.

Every summer, the Hamptons becomes a billionaires’ playground. In the collection of historic towns and villages on the Atlantic Ocean where beachfront mansions change hands for more than a $100m (£64m), the streets are lined with designer boutiques and the roads are clogged bumper-to-bumper with Ferraris, Range Rovers and Maseratis.

Life is not so much fun, however, for the army of local people and recent immigrants who work to keep the swelling numbers of the super-rich happy. And as Labor Day approaches – the unofficial end of the American summer – life is likely to get worse.

“This is not paradise for me,” said Natacha Castillo, 19, who came from the Dominican Republic to Southampton, which is regarded as the most luxurious area of the Hamptons, in search of a better life three years ago. She didn’t find it.

Castillo works in a luxury beauty salon washing the hair of the world’s richest and most famous women for $9-an-hour. Her clients, who Castillo says don’t bat an eyelid at paying $60 for a blow dry or $1,000 for a massage, often ignore her “and sometimes they treat us like we are servants”. But they do tip well. Castillo, who is studying cosmetology at college, can make $650 a week with tips, but “without tips I can do nothing”.

Castillo is part of the largely unseen, mostly Latino, workforce toiling all summer clearing plates in the restaurants, scrubbing the mansions and maintaining their privet hedges. “I don’t like this town,” Castillo said as she walked home in the twilight after a long day at the salon. “You spend all your summer working to have something to live on in the winter.

Her family – a stay-at-home mother, carpenter step-father and younger brother and sister – struggle to get by just a few miles from some of the most expensive real estate in the world. “Those of us who live here, we are not rich, we have to work to make money, even more in the summer. If we want to be OK in the winter we have to work a lot in the summer, so we can hardly enjoy the summer.”

Castillo doesn’t have any friends who live “south of the highway” – the Manhattan-to-Montauk highway that divides the richest of the world’s rich from the people who serve them. Her friends are without exception other Latinos, mostly from Mexico and Colombia.

Her best friend, Eliana Sabogal, 18, works “stupid hours” at McDonald’s, when she’s not studying. She said three generations of her family, who live in a small bungalow a few hundred yards north of the highway, are only able to survive by relying on the kindness of the church in winter.

While working at McDonald’s gives her little time to sleep over the summer, it’s preferable to her previous job: cleaning billionaires’ homes. “I went to one of those houses to work, to clean it,” she said as her 63-year-old grandmother listens and prays with rosary beads. “I almost didn’t finish cleaning it because it was so big. I was alone in so much luxury.

“It was like walking into a palace for me because I had never been in a house like this.

It’s a safe bet that the house Sabogal cleaned cost several million dollars. The median selling price for homes on Southampton’s most desirable streets exceeds $18m and some have sold for in excess of $100m.

“If you’re going to be on the ocean, I just don’t see how you can touch it for less than …” Hamptons real estate Nancy Hardy trails off as she tries to think how much the cheapest beachfront house might cost. No one has ever asked her the price of the cheapest, she explained as she took the Guardian on a tour of the properties she has on the market. “People normally only want to talk about the most expensive.”

A teardown house [would] maybe cost $35m (£22.5m), and up from there,” Hardy says after some consideration. “And, I’m always the conservative one so I may be understating that number.”

Hardy, 56, who has been selling houses for 20 years, pauses to point out the window as she drives past acre after acre of luscious hedgerows grown 20ft high to shield the wealthy from prying eyes. “We’re going past one that was sold for almost $100m. It traded twice in the past year,” she said. “It had belonged to the man [shoe designer Vince Camuto] that owned [ladies fashion brand] Nine West.”

A couple doors down on Gin Lane, which has been dubbed “the Fifth Avenue of the Hamptons”, is Vera Wang’s mansion, and the estates of late retail billionaire Alfred Taubman, New York Times publisher Arthur Sulzberger and Dorothy Lichtenstein, widow of Roy.

The houses are almost without exception second homes that allow their owners to escape the heat of Manhattan on summer weekends, and can be just one home in a portfolio of seven, eight or nine houses in luxury enclaves across the world.

“I mean people have $60m houses that they use for 16 weekends out of the year, literally,” said Ann-Marie Horan, Hardy’s colleague at Halstead Property. “As soon as Labor Day hits they’re gone, and they’re in Bermuda, Palm Beach or Aspen.”

For those hoping to join billionaire and Republican political activist David Koch, private equity king Leon Black or designer Calvin Klein on Meadow Lane, but who don’t quite have the tens of millions required to buy, there is always the possibility of renting – but even a modest oceanfront home can cost more than $1m just for the summer.

Some are $1m for the month of August,” explained Hardy.

The rich don’t come alone, Horan said, they bring a team of assistants, nannies (“at least one per child”), cooks and drivers. “I just had some Saudis for the weekend spending $10,000 a night, and they came with four security [personnel], three nannies and I provided them with housekeeping,” she said. “This is the way people roll. They have a lot of staff.”

The help also travel in style, joining their employers on private jets or helicopters into East Hampton airport, where the parking lot is packed with Porches and Rolls-Royces with blacked out windows. More than 4,200 helicopter landings were registered at East Hampton airport, which is 35 minutes from the Manhattan heliport, last summer.

The growing desire for bands of travelling household staff has solved a problem for realtors: how to rent a house that doesn’t have a pool.

It’s a big problem if you don’t have room for a pool. [In the past] if we had a 10 renters come to a house, nine-and-a-half had to have a pool,” Hardy said. “Now … they’re being rented as staff houses [because] they [the rich renters] don’t want to pay for the maintenance of the pool. So they’re putting their chef, they’re putting their driver, they’re putting their housekeeping in a separate house. It would be a very nice house, everyone’s got their own bedroom and bath.”

Larry Cantwell, the town supervisor and life-long resident of East Hampton, which lies 13 miles up the Long Island coast from Southampton, explains that while 50% of homes in the town are the summer homes of rich people, the rest are occupied by those who live and work there year-round. “That’s the working class part of our community, including some who are poor and in need as well,” he said.

Cantwell, the son of a fisherman father and a house-cleaner mother, said he often thinks he presides over a town comprising two very different worlds living just minutes apart. “In terms of income and wealth, yes, completely different worlds,” he said. “But you know you also have a situation where some of the people who are very wealthy, famous, probably well-known, certainly in this country or even throughout the world, have people that are working for them that live five miles away in a much less expensive home.

But he fears the gap between the wealthy and the “locals” is only gaping larger, especially for the area’s youth growing up in working class families with very limited local job prospects and a severe lack of public transport. “It’s very difficult for young people,” Cantwell said. “I mean, look, the land and housing values here are so high that you have a situation where many people struggle. In our town we have husbands and wives combining their incomes to try and raise a family, some of the them are working two or three jobs just to make ends meet.

So many local people struggle to get by – with 7% of the population below the poverty line – that food banks have been set up to accept donations and make sure children and their parents don’t go hungry in the the winter when the mansions close and jobs for locals dry up. “We have food pantries here in East Hampton and many of the people from different parts of the community and different walks of life contributing a great deal to help feed people,” Cantwell said.

There is such concern about the prospects for the Hamptons’ youth that a special taskforce of various local government agencies have come together to try to draw attention to the difficulties of growing up in a low-to-middle income household surrounded by such luxury.

The group’s first report detailed high incidences of drink and drug abuse (with drug abuse prevention counselling now being made available from as early as kindergarten in some Hamptons schools), teen pregnancy, mental health problems and some schools providing more than half of students with free lunches, an indicator of families living below the poverty line.

Nancy Lynott, Southampton Town’s youth bureau director, said the report was part of an attempt to paint a true picture of what life’s like in the Hamptons for the young people who live there.

Sunshine, holidays and parties, that’s the perception – that life out here is a big party,” she said.

What’s pictured in the media for life out here is the folks who live on estates, the celebrities … a lot of celebrities, they’re the ones that are making the news, not the folks that are doing the everyday work,” she said. “It’s wealth that blows my mind. Just the number of houses, the amount of disposable income, the options that some of these folks have, that most of us including myself could never dream of having in our lives. And then you have the other side, which is the folks who need help heating their homes, feeding their children, those kinds of things.

8eIDi9ql.jpg

Cartoon: Jean Gouders.

a8adxNNl.jpg

Quito, Ecuador
Demonstrators clash with police during a march. Dozens of workers, union leaders and indigenous Ecuadorians on Thursday blocked roads to the capital with branches and rocks to protest against President Rafael Correa’s plans to raise taxes and amend the constitution to allow indefinite presidential re-election.
Photograph: Guillermo Granja/Reuters

FRWn1tXl.jpg

As the US embassy reopens in Cuba after 54 years, Reuters photographer Alexandre Meneghini took to the streets of the capital to discover how the US flag design is being celebrated by the locals.
Bags and shorts, a young couple displays Cuban and US flags.

The Keeping Room : Left without men in the dying days of the American Civil War, three Southern women - two sisters and one African-American slave - must fight to defend their home and themselves from two rogue soldiers who have broken off from the fast-approaching Union Army. Director: Daniel Barber, Writer: Julia Hart
Cast: Brit Marling, Hailee Steinfeld, Muna Otaru, Sam Worthington
, 2014, Drama.

Theeb: In the Ottoman province of Hijaz during World War I, a young Bedouin boy experiences a greatly hastened coming of age as he embarks on a perilous desert journey to guide a British officer to his secret destination. Director: Naji Abu Nowar, Writers: Naji Abu Nowar, Bassel Ghandour, Cast: Jacir Eid Al-Hwietat, Hussein Salameh Al-Sweilhiyeen, 2014, Thriller.

Wishing you all a great Friday, morning, afternoon, evening and a nice week end ! wGHkwn3.gif
Thalestris avatar
Posted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 17:00
Hi everybody gHdOO4Y.gif I hope that you're all enjoying this week end ? And today, um, well I'll be honest, I didn't find anything that inspiring nor appealing so, it's going to be a short post and my brain needs probably a break as well I guess ! So, it's really just to wish you a great week end more than anything wGHkwn3.gif

424bAngl.jpg

The story behind the picture : David McCabe photographer.

'I'd never even seen Andy Warhol drink before. But Dalí was making him so nervous he was guzzling back wine'

I was working for Condé Nast and Mademoiselle magazine in New York and had a reportage way of shooting, even for fashion. It caught Andy Warhol's eye; he wanted someone to tag along to parties or to photograph him making silkscreens and movies, capturing his daily life.

For a 24-year-old Englishman, hanging out at the Factory was mind-blowing. I had no idea people lived this way; any time of the day or night, there would be something wild going on. I couldn't afford to get too whacked because I had to stay focused for my work, so I just observed. And a lot of what happened I couldn't photograph: there was no way you could publish those kind of pictures.

On this particular occasion, in the winter of 1964-65, I got a call saying we were to meet at the St Regis hotel: we were going to visit Salvador Dalí, my hero. I was thrilled. When we arrived at his suite, Dalí beckoned us in with a cane and no one spoke; opera music was playing so loudly that the room was vibrating. He grabbed Andy by the arm and plonked him in a chair, pointed at me to get my camera ready, then grabbed a huge Inca headdress, dramatically placing it on Andy's head.

It was pure theatre. Dalí was making Andy so nervous – which was unusual: it was usually him who made other people tongue-tied – that he was guzzling back wine. I'd never even seen him drink before. He kept looking as if he was ready to bolt for the door, and then finally he said: "David, we've gotta go."

There is nothing manufactured about the picture: things happened so fast it was almost like being a war photographer. We were there for no more than five minutes, and we never discussed the experience afterwards. That wasn't Andy's style, and I think he was genuinely shocked by the meeting. Suddenly the table had been turned and it was no longer me photographing Warhol, it was Dalí with Warhol.

Born: Leicester, 1940.

Studied: Leicester College of Art.

Influences: Jacques Lartigue, Cartier-Bresson, Bill Brandt.

Top tip: 'Don't throw anything away. I can't tell you how many times I looked at this huge file of images of Andy Warhol and almost got rid of them.'

High point: 'Awards for my Warhol book.'

Low point: 'Not pressing the shutter when I should have. Shoot the picture and deal with ethics later.'

One & Two: Two siblings discover a supernatural escape from a troubled home, but find their bond tested when reality threatens to tear their family apart. Director: Andrew Droz Palermo, Writers: Andrew Droz Palermo, Neima Shahdadi, Cast: Kiernan Shipka, Timothée Chalamet, Elizabeth Reaser, 2015, Fantasy.

Gemma Bovary : Martin, an ex-Parisian well-heeled hipster passionate about Gustave Flaubert who settled into a Norman village as a baker, sees an English couple moving into a small farm nearby. Not only are the names of the new arrivals Gemma and Charles Bovery, but their behavior also seems to be inspired by Flaubert's heroes.Director: Anne Fontaine, Writers: Pascal Bonitzer (screenplay), Anne Fontaine (screenplay), Cast: Fabrice Luchini, Gemma Arterton, Jason Flemyng, 2014, Romance.

Wishing you all a great week end ! 0SUUfVl.gif
ange1 avatar
Posted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 09:45
Author: ModeratorET lover
Thalestris wrote:
Hi everybody gHdOO4Y.gif I hope that you're all enjoying this week end ? And today, um, well I'll be honest, I didn't find anything that inspiring nor appealing so, it's going to be a short post and my brain needs probably a break as well I guess ! So, it's really just to wish you a great week end more than anything wGHkwn3.gif

424bAngl.jpg

The story behind the picture : David McCabe photographer.

'I'd never even seen Andy Warhol drink before. But Dalí was making him so nervous he was guzzling back wine'

I was working for Condé Nast and Mademoiselle magazine in New York and had a reportage way of shooting, even for fashion. It caught Andy Warhol's eye; he wanted someone to tag along to parties or to photograph him making silkscreens and movies, capturing his daily life.

For a 24-year-old Englishman, hanging out at the Factory was mind-blowing. I had no idea people lived this way; any time of the day or night, there would be something wild going on. I couldn't afford to get too whacked because I had to stay focused for my work, so I just observed. And a lot of what happened I couldn't photograph: there was no way you could publish those kind of pictures.

On this particular occasion, in the winter of 1964-65, I got a call saying we were to meet at the St Regis hotel: we were going to visit Salvador Dalí, my hero. I was thrilled. When we arrived at his suite, Dalí beckoned us in with a cane and no one spoke; opera music was playing so loudly that the room was vibrating. He grabbed Andy by the arm and plonked him in a chair, pointed at me to get my camera ready, then grabbed a huge Inca headdress, dramatically placing it on Andy's head.

It was pure theatre. Dalí was making Andy so nervous – which was unusual: it was usually him who made other people tongue-tied – that he was guzzling back wine. I'd never even seen him drink before. He kept looking as if he was ready to bolt for the door, and then finally he said: "David, we've gotta go."

There is nothing manufactured about the picture: things happened so fast it was almost like being a war photographer. We were there for no more than five minutes, and we never discussed the experience afterwards. That wasn't Andy's style, and I think he was genuinely shocked by the meeting. Suddenly the table had been turned and it was no longer me photographing Warhol, it was Dalí with Warhol.

Born: Leicester, 1940.

Studied: Leicester College of Art.

Influences: Jacques Lartigue, Cartier-Bresson, Bill Brandt.

Top tip: 'Don't throw anything away. I can't tell you how many times I looked at this huge file of images of Andy Warhol and almost got rid of them.'

High point: 'Awards for my Warhol book.'

Low point: 'Not pressing the shutter when I should have. Shoot the picture and deal with ethics later.'

One & Two: Two siblings discover a supernatural escape from a troubled home, but find their bond tested when reality threatens to tear their family apart. Director: Andrew Droz Palermo, Writers: Andrew Droz Palermo, Neima Shahdadi, Cast: Kiernan Shipka, Timothée Chalamet, Elizabeth Reaser, 2015, Fantasy.

Gemma Bovary : Martin, an ex-Parisian well-heeled hipster passionate about Gustave Flaubert who settled into a Norman village as a baker, sees an English couple moving into a small farm nearby. Not only are the names of the new arrivals Gemma and Charles Bovery, but their behavior also seems to be inspired by Flaubert's heroes.Director: Anne Fontaine, Writers: Pascal Bonitzer (screenplay), Anne Fontaine (screenplay), Cast: Fabrice Luchini, Gemma Arterton, Jason Flemyng, 2014, Romance.

Wishing you all a great week end ! 0SUUfVl.gif

Thank you Thalestris for your awesome posts.

Hope your having a lovely weekend too :)

Thought i would post this lovely quote :)

cute-love-quotes-and-sayings-short-iwwuoatwh.jpg
Thalestris avatar
Posted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 16:25

Hi ange, ok I told you today that I would wait till tomorrow to take a decision, but what's the point really ? You know that I'm having doubts here so.. Do people need this on ET , I don't think so. ET is a torrent website first of all. And people are here to have fun mostly, do they want to think , read serious stuff about the world , the reality ? Watch pics ? To be honest, I don't think so. Trailers on the contrary, I'm pretty sure about that, but they don't need me to find them, You tube is there..

So my point is : Chat is enough on ET to meet people and have fun. The forum is more about technical stuff really, help , tutorials, requests....

You know that I'm not a talkative person and not an uploader, I know just a few stuff really to be a decent pirate and that's it, so being kind of shy and introvert, the chat isn't for me.

I did try and hoped that others would do the same in here and share also their own choices, pics, illustrations, cartoons, weird stories, articles.. But I guess that I don't have this great charisma , fantastic personality that attracts the crowd, I'm just the weird silent type, and I'm a foreigner, a French woman .. and really, I do have the sense of humor, yeah you don't believe me right, but I'm not good at making jokes, that's life.

And ange, you're telling me that I fit in on ET ? Um, well, I don't think so anymore.

So unless, I have plenty of posts in here tomorrow, telling me to keep going with this Local hangout, I'll just stop the whole thing. And staff will be so happy to get rid of that thread which I'm sure takes lots of space !

And will I still be around , well yes, downloading and seeding and leaving positive comments on torrents, and nothing else really. Yeah at last, finally , no more horrible news coming from the real world ! It does feel better right ?

but, just know, that if some amongst you think that it's not that bad, and you have suggestions to make, ideas perhaps to suggest, subjects that you've enjoyed and you wish to hear more about those , well I'm all ears !

Because that silence, 0 feedback apart from the close friends in here ! Just knowing that you read every day well in the end, it just drives me crazy !

ange1 avatar
Posted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 17:05
Thalestris wrote:

Hi ange, ok I told you today that I would wait till tomorrow to take a decision, but what's the point really ? You know that I'm having doubts here so.. Do people need this on ET , I don't think so. ET is a torrent website first of all. And people are here to have fun mostly, do they want to think , read serious stuff about the world , the reality ? Watch pics ? To be honest, I don't think so. Trailers on the contrary, I'm pretty sure about that, but they don't need me to find them, You tube is there..

So my point is : Chat is enough on ET to meet people and have fun. The forum is more about technical stuff really, help , tutorials, requests....

You know that I'm not a talkative person and not an uploader, I know just a few stuff really to be a decent pirate and that's it, so being kind of shy and introvert, the chat isn't for me.

I did try and hoped that others would do the same in here and share also their own choices, pics, illustrations, cartoons, weird stories, articles.. But I guess that I don't have this great charisma , fantastic personality that attracts the crowd, I'm just the weird silent type, and I'm a foreigner, a French woman .. and really, I do have the sense of humor, yeah you don't believe me right, but I'm not good at making jokes, that's life.

And ange, you're telling me that I fit in on ET ? Um, well, I don't think so anymore.

So unless, I have plenty of posts in here tomorrow, telling me to keep going with this Local hangout, I'll just stop the whole thing. And staff will be so happy to get rid of that thread which I'm sure takes lots of space !

And will I still be around , well yes, downloading and seeding and leaving positive comments on torrents, and nothing else really. Yeah at last, finally , no more horrible news coming from the real world ! It does feel better right ?

but, just know, that if some amongst you think that it's not that bad, and you have suggestions to make, ideas perhaps to suggest, subjects that you've enjoyed and you wish to hear more about those , well I'm all ears !

Because that silence, 0 feedback apart from the close friends in here ! Just knowing that you read every day well in the end, it just drives me crazy !

Hi Thalestris i can understand you having doubts with your posts as many would with the zero replies and any comments regarding your articles. Sometimes that happens a thread is started and people get involved then it seems to fizzle out or they post now and then... But there is also the silent members who rather like to read than reply.. Sorry i for one have not often replied or commented to them often but i do read most of them as i am sure many other members do. Your thread is great as i don't often watch the news or catch up with what is going on around the world so many a story you have brought is nice as it often catches my eye. Well apart from trying to keep up with new horrors as you know that is my best interest in movies lol. So maybe a subject about movies, tv like best and worst ones. Just a suggestions but i do hope you keep up with the thread :)
Thalestris avatar
Posted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 20:47
[/quote]

Hi Thalestris i can understand you having doubts with your posts as many would with the zero replies and any comments regarding your articles. Sometimes that happens a thread is started and people get involved then it seems to fizzle out or they post now and then... But there is also the silent members who rather like to read than reply.. Sorry i for one have not often replied or commented to them often but i do read most of them as i am sure many other members do. Your thread is great as i don't often watch the news or catch up with what is going on around the world so many a story you have brought is nice as it often catches my eye. Well apart from trying to keep up with new horrors as you know that is my best interest in movies lol. So maybe a subject about movies, tv like best and worst ones. Just a suggestions but i do hope you keep up with the thread :) [/quote]

Ok I guess that I was a bit disappointed yesterday, angry, emotional, harsh um .. Anyways, it has been a nice experience, it was fun for a while. But as I said , threads don't seem to be that necessary on ET nor active. People are accustomed to the chat. Anyways, many thanks to my close friends who have popped up in here regularly to say hi and left quotes. I was hoping for something else, but it didn't happen. I won't leave ET for good, I'll pop in here once in a while, but I'll probably be starting and living another adventure somewhere else as well. Feel free to post in here or not, the staff will decide what to do with that thread. I would be obviously happy if someone was trying something new in here again one day.. Who knows ?
ange1 avatar
Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 07:01
Hi Thalestris so happy you will still be with us at ET :) A big THANK YOU for taking the time and bringing us this wonderful thread with great information around the world ooh and of course your lovely quotes....

Thalestris avatar
Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 13:26
[/quote]

Hi Thalestris i can understand you having doubts with your posts as many would with the zero replies and any comments regarding your articles. Sometimes that happens a thread is started and people get involved then it seems to fizzle out or they post now and then... But there is also the silent members who rather like to read than reply.. Sorry i for one have not often replied or commented to them often but i do read most of them as i am sure many other members do. Your thread is great as i don't often watch the news or catch up with what is going on around the world so many a story you have brought is nice as it often catches my eye. Well apart from trying to keep up with new horrors as you know that is my best interest in movies lol. So maybe a subject about movies, tv like best and worst ones. Just a suggestions but i do hope you keep up with the thread :) [/quote]

Hi ange, thanks for everything, your support, your pms, your friendship , you know wGHkwn3.gif . And of course, I'm staying on ET, and I had a few other conversations meanwhile with other members, it's true that forums are less active on ET, so I guess that I'll keep posting just a few stuff once in a while here, without waiting for an answer, just some information really and as you suggested probably more Tv/movie related.. But today is strangely quiet, even regarding the new trailers.. I just found this review ( the torrent has just arrived on ET) plus another trailer.

o3Dv0bgl.jpg

The Scandalous Lady W review: plenty of rumpy-pumpy, but the real scandal is the injustice of the age
There is tense courtroom action, social history, and two fabulous performances in this sad story of an extraordinary 18th-century woman

Chaps, does this scenario work for you? Your wife is making a sexy time with your best mate – properly going for it, accompanied by a loud and passionate unaccompanied Bach cello suite. Their “rantum-scantum” (that’s 18th-century for rumpy-pumpy) has your blessing though; not just your blessing, you encouraged it – initiated it, in fact – and now you’re watching, through the keyhole ...

[Adopting the voice of Loyd Grossman] Who lives in a house like this? Sir Richard Worsley and his wife Seymour (see more!) in The Scandalous Lady W (BBC2).

It does? Work for you? Are you a Tory politician, by any chance (I believe most of them read this column)? As Sir Richard was. Freaks and perverts, the lot of you.

The best friend, Captain George Bisset, wasn’t Lady W’s only lover; there were 26 in all. But Gorgeous George was the one she fell in love – and ran off – with. Hooray! Get away from creepy-peepy Dicky.

But it isn’t as simple as that, in 1781. A man’s wife is considered to be his property, much like his home, his land or his cattle. And even though Seymour has brought the money to the marriage, while Richard has brought only unreasonable demands and voyeuristic weirdness, he’s not going to give up his property easily. Bisset has trespassed on this property, for which he must pay: £20,000 (a lot then) is the sum demanded.

No way, says Seymour, and bravely goes public in a historic court case. If she is indeed Sir Richard’s property then he invited Bisset and the others in. No trespassing occurred. The court awards Sir Richard a shilling (not a lot then). Ha ha ha!

It’s a hollow victory, though. Seymour still cannot escape Sir Richard’s shackles, or reclaim her fortune. Or her child, a daughter – hers and George’s – who Worsley gets to keep as well. That – the injustice of the age, an age of men – is the true scandal here. Only when he eventually dies does she become liberated.

Two fabulous performances here: from Natalie Dormer as Lady W, Girl Power in a red riding habit, way too far ahead of her time; and from Shaun Evans as Sir Richard, aristocratic repression and perversion personified, in a stylish, spunky, fun-filled drama. Not just a romp: there’s tense courtroom action, injustice, social history, and one extraordinary woman’s sad story as well as all the moaning, peeping and cello-ing going on. There’s way too much of that incidentally: not the rantum-scantum, the cello. Unaccompanied, accompanied, chamber music, string foursomes, it’s pretty much wall-to-wall. I love a cello as much as anyone, but this is overbearing, distracting, unnecessary. That’s the only moaning I’m doing.

The Scandalous Lady W: In 1775 heiress Seymour Fleming marries ambitious future Member of Parliament Sir Richard Worsley . Six years later she elopes with family friend George Bisset, the father of her baby girl, fleeing to London where Worsley catches up with them. Regarding Seymour as his property Worsley, encouraged by Prime Minister Lord North, takes Bisset to court, suing him for theft. However Seymour turns the tables on him by showing that her husband was a voyeur who actively encouraged Bisset and some two dozen other men to have sex with her whilst Worsley watched. As a result Worsley is humiliated and awarded damages of a shilling. Bisset leaves Seymour though when Worsley refuses to divorce her and in 1782 she leaves for France, though she will remarry, have other children and die in England some thirty-six years later. Director: Sheree Folkson, Writers: David Eldridge, Hallie Rubenhold (book), Cast: Natalie Dormer, Aneurin Barnard, Shaun Evans, 2015, Drama.

Learning to Drive : As her marriage dissolves, a Manhattan writer takes driving lessons from a Sikh instructor with marriage troubles of his own. In each other's company they find the courage to get back on the road and the strength to take the wheel. Director: Isabel Coixet, Writer: Sarah Kernochan, Cast: Patricia Clarkson, Ben Kingsley, Grace Gummer, 2014, Drama.

Wishing you all a great week ahead ! wGHkwn3.gif
Soup avatar
Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 16:09
Author: ModeratorET loverSupermanSunTurtle
Natalie Dormer should just become a porn actress, i mean every show i've seen her in she's either running aboot with her thrupny bits hanging out or she's getting a good roddin'.......
Thalestris avatar
Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 21:28
Soup wrote:
Natalie Dormer should just become a porn actress, i mean every show i've seen her in she's either running aboot with her thrupny bits hanging out or she's getting a good roddin'.......

2AtoAqI.gif That's a good one ! Come on Soup, don't you think that you exaggerate a tiny bit here ? I mean the day when all porn actresses are able to speak like Natalie Dormer with so much wit, charm and eloquence .... Well, believe me, I'll probably watch porn again ... wGHkwn3.gif
ange1 avatar
Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 09:44
Hi Thalestris your very welcome and thank you for your friendship and pm's. It is great news your staying here, aww we would have missed you.

Thank you for the posts i actually missed watching The Scandalous Lady W but hope to catch up with it....Natalie Dormer is a brilliant actress....she also run the London Marathon to raise money for the children's charity Barnardo's, is a professional opera singer and still performs on stage. She speaks fluent French and of course does not mind showing a lot more of herself in some scenes lol which i believe it is actually her and not a body double.
dazpicable avatar
Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:53
Author: Site FriendET junkieET loverSunTurtle
ange1 wrote:
Hi Thalestris your very welcome and thank you for your friendship and pm's. It is great news your staying here, aww we would have missed you.

Thank you for the posts i actually missed watching The Scandalous Lady W but hope to catch up with it....Natalie Dormer is a brilliant actress....she also run the London Marathon to raise money for the children's charity Barnardo's, is a professional opera singer and still performs on stage. She speaks fluent French and of course does not mind showing a lot more of herself in some scenes lol which i believe it is actually her and not a body double.
I second that,it's great to hear your "hanging in there" that was awful i know lol.
I for one find your posts very interesting such an eclectic mix, i realise just how little i know,keep them coming Thalestris.
As for lack of comments,well just look at how many downloads are on some torrents and not a single thanks, possibly a sad reflection on today's society.For me personally i get small windows of opportunity to dive on here so by the time i have read your very interesting articles time is up for me as you can imagine.
You are like a breath of fresh and invigorating air, do please stick around.
[Prev]  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 46, 47  [Next]
Page 17 of 47   [ 691 posts ]

Forum Search

search in post message
  search in topic subject
Forum

Home - Browse Torrents - Upload Torrent - Stat - Forum - FAQ - Login
ExtraTorrent.cc is in compliance with copyrights
Can't load ExtraTorrent? Try our official mirrors: etmirror.com - etproxy.com - extratorrentonline.com - extratorrentlive.com
2006-2017 ExtraTorrent.cc4