Hot torrents
XVID DIVX
View Torrent Info: The.Levelling.2016.HDRip.XviD.AC3-EVO
View Torrent Info: Fifty.Shades.Darker.2017.UNRATED.HDRip.XviD.AC3-EVO
View Torrent Info: After.the.Reality.2016.HDRip.XviD.AC3-EVO
View Torrent Info: N.O.L.A.Circus.2016.HDRip.XViD-ETRG
Hot torrents
H264 X264
View Torrent Info: Fifty.Shades.Darker.2017.UNRATED.1080p.WEB-DL.H264.AC3-EVO[EtHD]
View Torrent Info: Jurassic World (2015) 720p BluRay x264 DTS Soup
View Torrent Info: Wolves.At.the.Door.2016.720p.WEB-DL.H264.AC3-ETRG
View Torrent Info: The.Legend.of.Ben.Hall.2016.720p.BluRay.x264-ENCOUNTERS[EtHD]
Hot torrents
BluRay, 4k UHD
View Torrent Info: Mine 2017 Bluray 1080p x264 DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: All.We.Had.2016.Multi.1080p.Blu-ray.x264.DTS-HD.5.1-DDR
View Torrent Info: Paterson 2016 Multi BLURAY 1080p x264 DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Rings.2017.Multi.BluRay.1080p.x264.DTS-HD.MA.7.1-DDR
Hot torrents
Television
View Torrent Info: Better.Call.Saul.S03E03.WEB-DL.x264-FUM[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Supergirl.S02E18.WEB-DL.x264-FUM[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Bates.Motel.S05E10.WEB-DL.x264-FUM[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Gotham.S03E15.REPACK.HDTV.x264-KILLERS[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Sing 2016 720p BluRay Hindi DD 5.1 x264-SnowDoN
View Torrent Info: House II : The Second Story (1987) x264 720p UNCUT BluRay Eng Subs {Dual Audio} [Hindi ORG DD 2.0   English 5.1] Exclusive By DREDD
View Torrent Info: Winner (2017) - 1080p - WEBRip - x264 - AC3 - ESub - [DDR]
View Torrent Info: [18 ] The Assignment (1997) UNRATED 720p WEBRip x264 Eng Subs [Dual Audio] [Hindi 2.0 - English 5.1] Exclusive By -=!Dr.STAR!=-
30s
Chat
To add new messages please Login or Register for FREE
Warning! Stop Government from Tracking Your Torrenting!
Your IP Address is 54.80.230.32.   Location is United States
Your Internet Provider and Government can track your internet activity! Hide your IP and LOCATION with a VPN
ExtraTorrent strongly recommends using Trust.Zone VPN to anonymize your torrenting. It's FREE!
HIDE ME NOW

The Pirate Gazette (closed)

[Prev]  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 46, 47  [Next]
Page 18 of 47   [ 691 posts ]
AuthorMessage
Thalestris avatar
Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 15:32
Author: Turtle
Hi ange and dazpicable, thanks for your support wGHkwn3.gif And yes of course, I'll pop in here regularly, but regarding the post, I won't be able to feed as much as I did, but if I spot something really interesting, promise, I'll share it with you ! And I agree with you daz, it's the same for the uploaders, so many people just download without saying anything afterwards.. Yeah well.

Anyways, to be honest today, I'll just post those 2 trailers if you haven't seen them yet ? Because I didn't see anything really appealing today.

The Martian : During a manned mission to Mars, Astronaut Mark Watney is presumed dead after a fierce storm and left behind by his crew. But Watney has survived and finds himself stranded and alone on the hostile planet. With only meager supplies, he must draw upon his ingenuity, wit and spirit to subsist and find a way to signal to Earth that he is alive. Director: Ridley Scott, Writers: Drew Goddard (screenplay), Andy Weir (book), Cast: Matt Damon, Jessica Chastain, Kristen Wiig, 2015, Sci-Fi.

Victor Frankenstein : Told from Igor's perspective, we see the troubled young assistant's dark origins, his redemptive friendship with the young medical student Viktor Von Frankenstein, and become eyewitnesses to the emergence of how Frankenstein became the man - and the legend - we know today. Director: Paul McGuigan, Writers: Max Landis (screenplay), Mary Shelley (characters created by), Cast: Daniel Radcliffe, James McAvoy, Jessica Brown, 2015, Horror.

Wishing you all a great Wednesday, morning, afternoon, evening and good luck for tomorrow ! wGHkwn3.gif
dazpicable avatar
Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:42
Author: Site FriendET junkieET loverSunTurtle
Thalestris wrote:
Hi ange and dazpicable, thanks for your support wGHkwn3.gif And yes of course, I'll pop in here regularly, but regarding the post, I won't be able to feed as much as I did, but if I spot something really interesting, promise, I'll share it with you ! And I agree with you daz, it's the same for the uploaders, so many people just download without saying anything afterwards.. Yeah well.

Anyways, to be honest today, I'll just post those 2 trailers if you haven't seen them yet ? Because I didn't see anything really appealing today.

The Martian : During a manned mission to Mars, Astronaut Mark Watney is presumed dead after a fierce storm and left behind by his crew. But Watney has survived and finds himself stranded and alone on the hostile planet. With only meager supplies, he must draw upon his ingenuity, wit and spirit to subsist and find a way to signal to Earth that he is alive. Director: Ridley Scott, Writers: Drew Goddard (screenplay), Andy Weir (book), Cast: Matt Damon, Jessica Chastain, Kristen Wiig, 2015, Sci-Fi.

Victor Frankenstein : Told from Igor's perspective, we see the troubled young assistant's dark origins, his redemptive friendship with the young medical student Viktor Von Frankenstein, and become eyewitnesses to the emergence of how Frankenstein became the man - and the legend - we know today. Director: Paul McGuigan, Writers: Max Landis (screenplay), Mary Shelley (characters created by), Cast: Daniel Radcliffe, James McAvoy, Jessica Brown, 2015, Horror.

Wishing you all a great Wednesday, morning, afternoon, evening and good luck for tomorrow ! wGHkwn3.gif
Matt Damon Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh could'nt help meself sorry,nice catch looking forward to it lol no cams allowed,seen a couple of Mars films over the years this looks like one of the better ones.
Could be a new angle to look at old Frankie i guess for me though this has been well and truly covered,good for the youngsters next generation though.
Appreciate the read thanks Thalestris.
Thalestris avatar
Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 18:58
Um, ouah, what an adventure !! I got kicked out by ET bot a short while ago..Ip banned and account blocked.. And thanks to my friend Jazzy who is both here and on Kat and then, thanks to Soup !! And Tez and Sam, everything was back to normal, what a fright !!

Thank you so much to you all really ! xR0G40N.gif

Hopefully, I'll be able to make the post of the day now. Because I did find a few nice stuff !! I cross my fingers vTboF2W.gif
Thalestris avatar
Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 19:46
And Hi Daz by the way, sorry I was all stressed up a short while ago .. And I forgot to say hi. I'm glad that you've enjoyed that trailer wGHkwn3.gif

So today, oh my, well I did have nice stuff , but lost it all, so let's try again now, I'll put 2 articles and we'll see how it goes, I had 3, but perhaps, it's a bit too much for ET bot ? And a few pics, plus the trailers. I hope that you'll enjoy it. wGHkwn3.gif

plvsJBrl.jpg

Zoë Kravitz: ‘Why do stories happen to white people and everyone else is a punchline?’
The actor has been stranded on the edges of blockbusters such as Mad Max: Fury Road and the Divergent series, but ahead of new film Dope she’s taking on Hollywood’s stereotypes and making a name for herself

On her first day shooting her first feature, Zoë Kravitz wasn’t allowed to work. Cast as a goth babysitter in the Catherine Zeta-Jones romcom No Reservations, the teenager couldn’t go on set until her designated guardian had signed in. But Lenny Kravitz was running late, and when he eventually arrived, the rock star caused such a stir that the delays simmered on. The film’s director, Scott Hicks, had no idea Zoë was Lenny’s daughter when he cast her; he wasn’t expecting the fuss. So Zoë took control. “She told her dad off,” says Hicks. “He wasn’t late again.”

Kravitz, now 26, doesn’t take any nonsense. She can’t afford to. If her celebrity parents (Lenny – Grammy award-winning musician and Hunger Games actor – and Lisa Bonet, film actor and former star of The Cosby Show) didn’t invite Hollywood bigwigs to make assumptions, her gender, heritage (African-American and Ashkenazi Jewish) or appearance (septum piercing, multiple tattoos: feather, anchor, hawk) would. In an industry that rarely shows black women as anything but, in her words, “best friend of the white girl”, Kravitz works hard to give weight to her flimsy blockbuster roles. There’s often not a lot to work with. In the Divergent series, she played Shailene Woodley’s plucky ally, Christina. In X-Men:First Class, she was Angel Salvadore, an insect-winged mutant who moonlights as a stripper.

I ask writers and producers: ‘Why don’t you have any black people in your film?’, ‘Why do stories happen to white people and everyone else is a punchline?’,” she says. “What I’m finding is that a lot of people don’t see it’s an issue because it’s not their story, unless they’re black or a minority.”

Recently, she said she was blocked from auditioning for Christopher Nolan’s Batman film The Dark Knight Rises, because the film-makers “weren’t going urban”. And when there is a role on offer, it’s often written with a dunderheaded take on race. “There are certain roles where I know what they are asking for,” she says. “They want me to talk like I’m not an educated person. But if my character’s not educated, you have to tell me why. It can’t just be because I’m black.”

Her new film, Dope, wowed critics at the Sundance film festival by riffing on the stereotypes that she has fallen victim to. Written and directed by Rick Famuyiwa, the comedy stars newcomer Shameik Moore as Malcolm, a geeky black teenager trying to navigate the rougher areas of the Californian city of Inglewood without gang members stealing his vintage Nike Airs or touching his hi-top haircut. You could label Malcolm a hipster. He’s obsessed with 90s hip-hop, rides a bright orange BMX and plays in a punk-rap-pop trio called Awreeoh (pronounced like the biscuit). These – along with “Donald Glover, TV on the Radio, good grades” – are all, apparently, “white shit”: stuff that Malcolm, as a black man from Inglewood, should not be into. Dope’s plot spins on the premise that there’s no escape from expectation. When a nightclub shooting leaves him in possession of a bag full of drugs, Malcolm the geek is forced to play gangster.

Dope is a cool comedy that denies it is cool. A polemic about pigeonholing that breaks its characters out of the box, only to ease them into smaller boxes. Kravitz’s character, Nakia, is emblematic of the film’s issues. She’s a checklist hottie, bounced between her gangland beau (played by rapper A$AP Rocky) and bumbling, nebbish Malcolm. The part is underwritten. Nakia has smarts, but no wit. Looks, but no sex appeal. She’s a sexy-saviour stereotype in a film that makes a big deal of being seen to subvert them.

Ahead of meeting Kravitz, I’d made some assumptions of my own. I thought she’d be trendy and vacant, stylish, but bland. Her Instagram is clogged with selfies of her and her celeb mates – Cara Delevingne, Miley Cyrus, Drake – pouting into the void. When her dad’s recent very public wardrobe malfunction unleashed little Lenny on to the internet, Kravitz responded by sharing her text conversation with Aerosmith frontman Steven Tyler’s daughter, Chelsea, under the hashtag #rockoutwithyourcockout. I’d assumed the comfortable upbringing and the showbiz coterie would lead to complacency, but I was totally wrong. She’s switched-on and tough, and way more forthright than I expected.

I think a lot of films now are really, really boring because no one’s willing to offend anyone,” she says. “Everything’s become so PC. If you watch any movie that was made before the mid-90s, there are things that are being said and done that no one would dare do now, because they’d get criticised on a blog.

She talks about being attacked online by some fans for calling comedian Amy Schumer her “woman crush”. Schumer’s comedy – particularly lines such as “Nothing works 100% of the time ... except Mexicans” – has been challenged by some people for being racist. They saw Kravitz’s endorsement as a betrayal. Her response? “Calm the fuck down.”

People are just waiting for something to get mad at,” she says. “But you’re not mad because I talked about something you’re uncomfortable with. You’re mad because of something else. [Perhaps] because there’s this dreamworld of celebrity that’s fed to you through the internet? You’re being told you’ll never have this and you’re angry.”

It’s the internet’s fault, she says. It’s made us more conservative and much more quick to anger. “Amy’s a comedian. She’s the first person who’s going to offend you. If she’s says something that has anything to do with race, it’s like, ‘Oh, great – I have something to get angry at.’ When she’s clearly commenting on the fact that there is a problem. People – white, privileged people – act like this.

“Art should be offensive to an extent. That’s what gets a reaction out of people – someone’s opinion that’s different from yours ... It’s amazing to me that no one takes the time to try and see what someone’s trying to say because they’d rather just post an inane comment. They’re missing out on good art.”

Kravitz’s paternal grandparents were Sy Kravitz, an NBC news producer, and Roxie Roker, star of The Jeffersons, a gentle, political sitcom about an affluent black couple living in New York that ran for 11 seasons from 1975-82. Zoë’s parents bonded over their shared heritage (Bonet’s white Jewish mother, Arlene Litman, was married to black opera singer Allen Bonet) and in 1987 they eloped to Las Vegas to get married. Lenny was 23 and Bonet was 20. Zoë was born a year later. By the time she was five, mum and dad had divorced.

I don’t remember them being together,” she says. “But it’s been interesting watching them get older. I’ve been able to witness a lot more of their lives than a lot of kids get to witness. I remember my mum’s 30th birthday very well, and I’m going to be 30 soon, so it’s kind of a trippy ride.”

When Zoë was born, Bonet was still a regular on The Cosby Show. She played Denise Huxtable, daughter of Dr Cliff Huxtable, played by Bill Cosby. Cosby has since been accused by more than 40 women of sexual assault and harassment, with some alleging that the actor drugged and raped them. The comedian has said that any extramarital affairs were consensual. He is facing a criminal investigation by the LAPD, but has not been charged.

Bonet and Cosby had a testy relationship during the show’s run. Cosby apparently disapproved of Bonet’s relationship with Kravitz, her pregnancy (with Zoë) and her appearance in Angel Heart, a horror film in which Bonet romped around naked and bloody in a nightmarish sex scene with Mickey Rourke.

I ask Zoë if her mother had talked to her about the allegations. “She hasn’t, she really hasn’t,” she says. “She’d plead the fifth, even to me. I think she’s just staying out of it. She’s just as disgusted and concerned as everyone else is, but I don’t think she has any insight. It’s news to her as well.”

But you understand why people would think she knows something?

“Of course,” she says. “She was on the show for a long time. She’s also a beautiful woman. It makes people wonder. She’s a very straightforward person. If there was something she felt the world needed to know that would help this case or help any women who had been abused, she would say something.

Aged 11, Kravitz moved to Miami to live with her dad, before heading to New York to attend the Rudolph Steiner school in Manhattan. She was a geek: heavily into musicals, staying after school to practise Grease songs. Back then, she says, the theatre kids were never the cool kids. Now, with geek culture dominant, that outsider status has weakened.

Geeks were always just people that were into what was different,” she says. “Culturally now, we’re very attracted to that. Everything that was obvious? Obviously beautiful, obviously interesting? We got bored of it.

Still, Hollywood hasn’t worked out where to make Kravitz fit. Her best performances are buried in patchy indie dramas (Yelling to the Sky, in which she played a teen bullied mercilessly by Empire star Gabourey Sidibe) or obliterated by the crash and roar of even the best blockbusters (Kravitz’s character, a concubine called Toast the Knowing, is one of the few weaknesses of Mad Max: Fury Road – she gets to show more flesh than acting skill).

Jimmy Giannopoulos, her bandmate in the Brooklyn electro trio LolaWolf (named after Zoë’s half-siblings, Lola Iolani Momoa and Nakoa-Wolf Manakauapo Namakaeha Momoa – the children of Bonet and Game of Thrones actor Jason Momoa), reckons she needs a director to take a risk on her before she can really shine.

I always thought Mark Wahlberg got the role of a lifetime when he got Boogie Nights, because he really got to do what the fuck he wanted,” he says. “I’m always telling her, ‘You got to get that Boogie Nights role!’ Something where you literally get to do everything.”

I guess what makes Boogie Nights special is the beautiful combination of comedy and irony,” says Kravitz. “Wahlberg plays that role perfectly. Sometimes I wonder if he didn’t get what was so funny about it?”

It’s ironic that Dope, a film about the fallacy of stereotyping, gives Kravitz one of her most quantifiable roles to date. The Ghetto Beauty is beneath her. The Sidekick and the Best Friend, too.

Perhaps her problem is that she’s one of the few actors willing to talk about the film business as it is. I ask her about women in Hollywood, about this vision of the post-Bridesmaids world, where women can be seen to be sexy and funny and disgusting and, even, human. It doesn’t square with an industry that gives women fewer than a third of mainstream speaking roles.

There’s a shift happening, but I don’t think we should get too excited yet,” says Kravitz. “We have to make sure it doesn’t become a fad: ‘Bridesmaids! Oh! That’s funny. It’s funny to get a bunch of girls doing crude shit.

I don’t want it to become: ‘This is the female version, because that sells now.’ That’s how this industry works: they find what sells and they turn it into a gimmick. They take all of the soul out of it.

There are plenty of labels you can try and attach to Zoë Kravitz. But vacant? Bland? They won’t stick.

Dope: Life changes for Malcolm, a geek who's surviving life in a tough neighborhood, after a chance invitation to an underground party leads him and his friends into a Los Angeles adventure. Director: Rick Famuyiwa, Writer: Rick Famuyiwa, Cast: Shameik Moore, Tony Revolori, Kiersey Clemons, 2015, drama, comedy.

zbmifhK.gif

Pole and German claim to have found missing Nazi loot train
Mystery train allegedly went missing in 1945, carrying weapons, gems and valuables from then German city of Breslau (now Wrocław in Poland)

Two people in Poland say they have found a Nazi German train cloaked in mystery since it was rumoured to have gone missing near the end of the second world war while carrying away gems and guns ahead of advancing Soviet Red Army forces. Local authorities in Poland’s south-western district of Wałbrzych said they had been contacted by a law firm representing a Pole and a German who claimed to have located the train and were seeking 10% of the value of the findings.

Lawyers, the army, the police and the fire brigade are dealing with this,” Marika Tokarska, an official at the Wałbrzych district council, told Reuters. “The area has never been excavated before and we don’t know what we might find.

Local news reports said the train in question went missing in 1945, packed with loot from the-then eastern German city of Breslau, now called Wrocław and part of Poland, as the Red Army closed in at the end of the second world war. One local media report said the train was armoured and belonged to the Wehrmacht, Nazi Germany’s military machine.

Radio Wrocław cited local folklore as saying the train entered a tunnel near Książ castle in the mountainous Lower Silesian region and never emerged. According to that theory, the tunnel was later closed and its location long forgotten. According to Radio Wrocław, the 150-metre-(495-foot)-long train was carrying guns, “industrial equipment”, gems and other valuable treasure. Tokarska said she did not have any details on the location or the contents of the missing train. Some sceptics say there is no evidence that the train ever existed.

A handful of people have already looked for the train, damaging the line in the process, but nothing was ever found,” Radio Wrocław quoted Joanna Lamparska as saying, describing her as a connoisseur of the region’s history. “But the legend has captured imaginations.”

Trains were indeed used to spirit Nazi loot back to Berlin as US-led Allied and Soviet forces surged towards the German capital from the west and the east in the winter and spring of 1945. In the case of the so-called Hungarian Gold Train, Nazi forces sent 42 freight carriages from Budapest towards Germany filled with family treasures including gold, silver and valuable paintings seized from Hungarian Jews and estimated to be worth up to $200m (£127m).

The train was intercepted by US soldiers, who, according to a later investigation, helped themselves to some of the loot.

RKus4hml.jpg

The Wembley to Soweto Foundation helps disadvantaged young photographers reach their potential. At last year’s World Cup in Brazil, former trainees from Soweto and London’s East End went to the favelas and taught young Brazilian kids the art of photography. Now, they’ve returned to London and taken portraits of their heroes for a new show.

Bill Nighy here photographed by : Shoneez Cassim lives in El Dorado, Johannesburg. She started training with Wembley to Soweto when she was 19. After the course she flew to London for a Wembley to Soweto event and later photographed Bill Nighy. After returning to South Africa, she was awarded a place at the University of Johannesburg to study child pyschology.

BxI4xsql.jpg

Alan Rickman photographed by Patience Ndhlovu : Patience was 16 and at Zifuneleni Junior Secondary School in Soweto when she started her training. She had only occasionally used a disposable camera before. ‘I’ve learnt so many things and my experiences have been extraordinarily incredible – and fun! And to top it off, we were taught by the kindest people in the world.’

5SGJcIAl.jpg

Kos, Greece
Migrant children watch a kitten as they wait to be registered at a police station
Photograph: Alexander Zemlianichenko/AP

Digging for Fire : The discovery of a bone and a gun send a husband and wife on separate adventures over the course of a weekend. Director: Joe Swanberg, Writers: Jake Johnson, Joe Swanberg, Cast: Jake Johnson, Rosemarie DeWitt, Orlando Bloom, 2015, Drama.

Everything Will Be Fine : One day, driving aimlessly around the outskirts of town after a trivial domestic quarrel, a writer named Tomas accidentally hits and kills a child. Will he be able to move on? Director: Wim Wenders, Writer: Bjørn Olaf Johannessen, Cast: Rachel McAdams, James Franco, Peter Stormare, Charlotte Gainsbourg, Marie Josée Croze, 2015, Drama.

The Witch : New England, 1630: William and Katherine lead a devout Christian life, homesteading on the edge of an impassible wilderness, with five children. When their newborn son mysteriously vanishes and their crops fail, the family begins to turn on one another. 'The Witch' is a chilling portrait of a family unraveling within their own fears and anxieties, leaving them prey for an inescapable evil. Director: Robert Eggers
Writer: Robert Eggers, Cast: Anya Taylor-Joy, Ralph Ineson, Kate Dickie,
2015, Horror.

Wishing you all a great Thursday morning, evening , afternoon and good luck for tomorrow ! wGHkwn3.gif
Thalestris avatar
Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 15:35
Hi everybody gHdOO4Y.gif So it's going to be a shorter post today, I didn't read anything that really caught my attention, nothing that you haven't heard of on the radio or seen on tv.. Not even a good movie trailer.. So, I'll just post this funny article to wish you a great week end really ! wGHkwn3.gif
Hopefully something interesting will pop up over the week end...

14doG77.gif

Female Viagra: still a tough pill to swallow? We asked experts
Does the FDA approval of drug continue the myth that a women’s lack of sexual desire is a medical problem?

At last, sisters! “female Viagra” is upon us! Thanks to flibanserin (also known by its brand name, Addyi) and its revolutionary female-libido-enhancing properties, we are free. Free to pop lady-boners at the time and place of our choosing! Free to discuss the precise nature and frequency and satisfactoriness of our sexual encounters with doctors! Free to … well, reportedly, free to have about one more sexual encounter per month, assuming we are among the 9% to 15% of women for whom Addyi actually works.

We are also free to take this pill every day – because, unlike Viagra, Addyi is a central nervous system drug, much like an anti-depressant. We are free to experience side effects, including dangerously low blood pressure and fainting, especially when combined with alcohol. And we are free to live with a female ailment – “hypoactive sexual desire disorder” according to Dr Anita Clayton of the University of Virginia, who conducted some flibanserin trials — that some experts doubt even exists.

The real problem that I have with this is that this is framed in terms of dysfunction,” says Rachel Hills, author of The Sex Myth. “For a drug to be passed, it needs to be treating an illness. So for a drug to be passed to treat women’s lack of desire, that has to be a [medical] problem.”

Hills’ concern is grounded in history. Western medicine, for all its wonders, has a distinct habit of pathologizing women’s sex lives. Aside from the fact that same-sex attraction was once considered a mental illness, and that “gender dysphoria” (or being transgender) is still listed in the DSM, you could look to Freud’s insistence that clitoral orgasms were a form of neurosis, or to “hysteria”, an illness that supposedly accounted for both masturbation and frigidity. At the height of the “hysteria” fad, one doctor estimated that 75% of women were affected. In 2015, of course, 0% of women have hysteria, because the disease doesn’t exist.

But we do have a drug that women can take if they don’t want sex often enough – although “enough” is, of course, a highly subjective term, and in a culture where women are pressured to be sexually accommodating to male partners at all times, a difficult one to measure.

Hills points out that, in reporting her book, she found that most women had an idea of how much sex should be “enough” for them, whether they actually wanted it or not.

The women I interviewed, more so than the men even, internalized the idea that sex needed to be done at a certain frequency,” Hills says. “Which was universally two to three times a week, because that’s what they’d read in women’s magazines.”

Feeling bad about yourself because you don’t want sex as often as a magazine tells you to is less a problem with you than it is with the magazine. There’s also the fact that loss of interest in sex, to the extent that it is felt to be a problem by the woman in question, can be caused by any number of situational factors.

The illusion that low sexual desire is a physical disease in need of a cure [is] obscuring other reasons for low desire and other, less dangerous ways of dealing with these issues,” says Dr Laurie Mintz, psychology professor at the University of Florida and author of A Tired Woman’s Guide to Passionate Sex.

In her own work, Mintz has found that “most women have such a decrease as they age and as their relationship ages”. She also lists a plethora of other reasons that sex might move down on a woman’s priority list. Number one, she says, is simple stress and exhaustion. If a woman tells you she’s tired tonight, she probably means it.

There is ample evidence that stress affects women’s sex drives more than men’s,” Mintz says. “Other reasons include relationship issues (anger, too much closeness, not enough closeness), unsatisfactory sex and/or painful intercourse.”

Dr Clayton told me that a diagnosis of hypoactive sexual desire disorder, or a flibanserin prescription, was not intended to supplant psychotherapy. She says that HSDD (which she argues affects 10% of women) describes a loss of sexual desire that is distressing to the woman in question, and is not caused by situational factors.

Our desire might be impacted because we don’t have any privacy, it might be impacted because we’re angry at our partner,” Dr Clayton says. “Normal desire rebounds. If we go on vacation and we have opportunities and release of stress, sexual desire bounces back. But for about 10% of women that’s not the case. They used to have what they would consider normal sexual desire … they experience a decline, or in some cases even a complete absence.”

To prove that flibanserin should be treated as a real medical problem, Clayton tells me, a questionnaire was designed – the Decreased Sexual Desire Screener – for women to take with their doctors. It’s five questions long, and asks, simply, (a) whether you used to have a “satisfying” level of sexual interest, (b) whether that’s changed, and (c) whether you see that change as a problem, and would like to fix it. Women are also given an opportunity to check off potential contributing factors, including “stress or fatigue,” relationship problems, or other medical conditions. It’s when there are no potential contributing factors, Clayton says, that HSDD might be diagnosed and treated.

Still. The price tag on flibanserin – Sprout, the makers of Addyi, were just purchased for $1bn– seems to show that there’s substantial interest in commodifying women’s lack of desire, or simply their desire to desire more than they do.

For women genuinely distressed by their lack of sexual desire – and these women do exist, and their pain is not inconsiderable – flibanserin might represent a ray of hope. But for critics, it represents both a new “hysteria” and a new “restless leg syndrome” – a disease created because there is a profit in curing it, and another way for experts to tell women their sexuality isn’t OK.

When it comes to sex, there is no ‘normal,’” says Therese Schecter, director of How To Lose Your Virginity (for which, full disclosure, I was interviewed). “There’s no right way to have sex for the first time, no timetable for sexual experiences, no perfect amount of sex to have, and no requirement to even have sex at all. Saying ‘normal’ exists, and ‘normal’ is a moving target depending on who you ask, means there’s something wrong with anyone who doesn’t conform. Meaning, all of us.”

Wishing you all a great week end !! wGHkwn3.gif
Thalestris avatar
Posted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 14:55
Hi everybody gHdOO4Y.gif I hope that you're all enjoying a great week end so far. So , today, lots of stuff, but I had to make a choice.. I won't talk about this : "France train shooting: Americans overpower gunman on Paris express, Police investigate incident near Arras, France, in which three US citizens – two of them soldiers – prevented attack by suspect reportedly armed with AK-47" It's all over the news, a carnage was indeed avoided thanks to those brave men.

So my choice for today, this article first then, a review, the pics of the week and a few trailers today, hurray !

B7rDxoHl.png

Shell will despoil the Arctic. But Barack Obama is the real villain here

Historians will wonder why the US president was so willing to compromise his stance on climate change

The Arctic sea ice starts about three days’ steaming north of Norway’s Svalbard archipelago. Small, sporadic floes grow larger, the great Atlantic swells flatten out, the bitter polar winds are stronger and the utter stillness begins. If you can handle the monotony of the vast ice-scape that unfolds, it is possible to navigate a ship with a strong hull and a good lookout nearly to the north pole at this time of year.

Three years ago, I got to within a few hundred miles, alongside Greenpeace and a group of international ice researchers. We might have pressed on through the thick sea ice that forms and melts every year, but no one, least of all the scientists, expected that year’s record ice loss, and only a fuel shortage and time forced us back.

There is much to see. In about three weeks the Arctic’s seasonal ice will reach its lowest extent for the year and start to regrow. But the US National Snow and Ice Data Center in Boulder, Colorado, is reporting that it is 1.35m sq km below the 1981-2010 average, and well below what it was at this time of year in 2010, 2013 and 2014. That’s nearly 40% below the 1970 average.

There will always be blips, and years when the ice appears to be stable or increasing, but science shows conclusively that over recent time Arctic sea ice is only going in one direction – retreating faster than anyone predicted. Russian and European ore carriers, tankers and freighters are already taking advantage and preparing to follow the northern sea passage across the north of Russia to China – so saving thousands of miles and tonnes of fuel. The elusive Northwest Passage through the Canadian archipelago this year remains clogged with ice, but the way it is going it may be possible to cruise right over the pole in the summer of 2030.

Meanwhile on the other side of the Arctic Ocean, Shell’s small corporate navy is nearing its destination in the Chukchi Sea, north of Alaska. This week the Obama administration granted the world’s second largest oil company final approval to restart its search for Arctic oil, and its platforms will soon begin to drill 2,400 metres deep. The exploration season is short and the dangers great, but after 10 years of trying and $7bn spent hoping to unlock the region’s resources, Shell clearly still believes it can find and exploit a giant new oil field to secure its future for decades.

But whose future? President Obama will visit Alaska on 30 August with the secretary of state, John Kerry, where he will give a major speech to Arctic leaders on climate change and try to justify the administration’s decision to let Shell go back in. He will probably say he is mindful of the dangers of offshore drilling and of climate change, but that oil will be with us for a long time yet, that UN agreements will progressively reduce global emissions and that the transition away from fossil fuels cannot be done overnight. But fine words will not disguise the terrible signal that the US administration is giving the world, nor will it remove the stain that may be left on Obama’s environmental legacy. Here, say his friends – including Hillary Clinton – is Obama caving in to Big Oil, giving a licence to continue business as usual. Here is the US – claiming to be the leader in the fight to reduce emissions – backing the riskiest, least-needed oil in the world while saying that the future is clean energy.

Clinton nailed Obama this week: “The Arctic is a unique treasure. Given what we know, it’s not worth the risk of drilling,” she wrote. Others put it more strongly: “It’s perplexing and depressing to hear President Obama say he wants to fix climate change but then approve Arctic drilling. It’s like a doctor diagnosing a patient but then refusing to write a prescription,” said Rebecca Noblin, Alaska director for the Center for Biological Diversity.

Don’t blame Shell. The company was never going to back off or pay heed to public opinion. To ask it not to drill in the Arctic would be like asking the pope not to pray. Drilling and polluting is what Shell does, and its corporate culture – honed in blackspots such as Nigeria and the Alberta tar sands – is still based on the old 19th-century explore-exploit-risk-reward capitalist business model that owes nothing to anything beyond the company. The bigger the challenge, the greater the returns, and the bigger the mess that Shell and oil companies make, the quicker they move on. Even as the price of oil plummets far below what it would cost the company to exploit any Arctic oil, Shell argues that it has no option but to embark on its riskiest, most expensive programme ever, and to court international opprobrium.

But for all the corporate protestations, there is no evidence that Shell has ever worried about emissions or the Arctic. Its bean counters know that any oil the company exploits in the Arctic can never be burned without leading to catastrophic climate change, so they must have cynically devised a business model that accounts for it. Shell is therefore saying: “Stuff the science, stuff the UN and the world’s governments that want to limit temperature rises to 2C, stuff the vulnerable people of the Arctic and Africa, stuff public opinion, stuff precaution and all the alternatives to fossil fuels.

But the world has changed in the past 30 years, and what worked when there was little knowledge or understanding of climate change and little idea of what happens in the remotest corners of the world no longer applies. Today a worldwide movement of informed consumers has got the climate change message. The company is being targeted as Public Enemy No 1. Having lost the moral and scientific arguments, it must now fear that it has little time before overwhelming opinion forces real change.

Its Arctic foray will change nothing immediately. The sea ice will go on growing and melting, but the melting may be faster over time and the growth slower. The bitter winds will continue to blow off the pole, but Obama’s decision to let Shell go ahead – just months before fellow world leaders meet to forge a new global climate deal – will always be seen as plain wrong. ( John Vidal. )

CuTtMnZl.jpg

The Mend review – tongue-in-cheek tale of self-destruction pays off

This rule-breaking film knows it’s far up its own ass, and that’s a well-suited tone for these troubled New Yorkers

There’s something special about being young, heartbroken and wasted in New York City, a place where a bona fide jerk has a grand canvas on which to paint his self-destructive portrait. John Magary’s inspired, unpredictable film The Mend is, in part, about this, but in a way that’s just tongue-in-cheek enough to keep it from going off the rails. When a random Manhattanite in a lover’s quarrel opens his windows and shouts, “Save me!” to a collection of disinterested people having brunch, it’s clear the film knows how far up its own ass it is. And for these characters, that’s perfect.

The film centres on two brothers in troubled romances. Stephen Plunkett is Alan, somewhat meek and sexually frustrated with his dancer girlfriend Farrah (Mickey Sumner). He’s going to propose, but if he opened his eyes he’d realise she’s just about to leave him. Mat (Josh Lucas) is what most people would call a dirtbag loser, a shambles of a man with no job or home, who leeches off women and, when they’ve had enough, his brother. After his current flame Andrea (Lucy Owen) throws him out of her apartment (with no shortage of profanity in front of her precocious son), Mat shows up at one of Alan and Farrah’s get-togethers.

The lengthy sequence – a mix of the party in Tootsie, Thomas Pynchon’s short story Entropy and the “touch my heart with your foot” bit from Annie Hall – is an accurate representation of the best and worst of every New York soiree. Magary was wise to make Farrah a dancer. As the hour grows later, more movement fills the frame, but all party guests stop to hear stories from the days of true debauchery from elder statesman Earl (Austin Pendleton), in a perfect bit of casting.

The night drags on, to the point where you wonder if The Mend is actually just going to be a filmed play. Then Alan and Farrah split for a vacation, leaving hungover Mat to make a mess of things and eventually invite Andrea and her kid over. Much like the life of these people, the flow of the film is irregular. Alan returns early, and alone, from his trip, and that’s when the trio dissolve into desultory decadence.

It’s a gamble that pays off. There are, as so many seminars will tell you, a set of half-understood “rules” for writing a screenplay. You need beats, you need arcs, you need clearly defined resolution. Of course, this is not really true (Psycho, to use the most obvious example, murdered this notion in 1960). Yet many a first-time film-maker thinks they are too good to follow any sort of rules, and blends genres by writing from a purely instinctual level. More often than not, the result is unpalatable. The Mend, somewhat miraculously, is here to buck the trend. Let’s just hope that not too many people decide to follow its lead.

The Mend : A comic drama about rage, doubt, lust, madness, and other brotherly hand-me-downs. Director: John Magary, Writers: John Magary (screenplay), John Magary (story), Cast: Josh Lucas, Stephen Plunkett, Lucy Owen, 2014, Comedy.

7S4GrNQl.jpg

São Paulo
A rally in Avenida Paulista, demanding the impeachment of President Rousseff

Photograph: Paulo Whitaker/Reuters

TXNiOPbl.jpg

Youths in Kuwait City prepare a traditional boat before a pearl-diving trip. Kuwait holds annual pearl-diving festivals to help revive the old tradition, which was the main source of wealth before the discovery of oil
Photograph: Raed Qutena/EPA

611s8oDl.jpg

A devotee dressed as Hindu Lord Shiva waits to participate in a parade during Kumbh Mela religious gathering in Trimbakeshwar, India
Photograph: Danish SiddiquiI/Reuters

The Final Girls : A young woman grieving the loss of her mother, a famous scream queen from the 1980s, finds herself pulled into the world of her mom's most famous movie. Reunited, the women must fight off the film's maniacal killer. Director: Todd Strauss-Schulson, Writers: M.A. Fortin (screenplay), Joshua John Miller (screenplay), Cast: Nina Dobrev, Taissa Farmiga, Alexander Ludwig, 2015, Comedy / Horror.

Ashby : High-school student Ed Wallis enters into a friendship with his neighbor, Ashby, a retired CIA assassin who only has a few months left to live. Director: Tony McNamara, Writer: Tony McNamara, Cast: Mickey Rourke, Nat Wolff, Emma Roberts, 2015, Comedy.

Sinister 2: A young mother and her twin sons move into a rural house that's marked for death. Director: Ciarán Foy, Writers: Scott Derrickson, C. Robert Cargill, Cast: James Ransone, Shannyn Sossamon, Robert Daniel Sloan, 2015, Horror.

Wishing you all a great week end ! wGHkwn3.gif

ange1 avatar
Posted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:41
Author: ModeratorET lover
Hi Thalestris sorry for the late reply to your thread but i can't wait to see the new MOVIE
The Witch.... Trailer looks very interesting and her is hoping we get some jumpy parts, sure we will lol

Omg wow Viagra for women... Mmm very interesting indeed but like all drugs side effects. Not so good drinking alcohol tho while taking the drug but low blood pressure not good, i suffer with it and not nice at all. But bet a lot of men will be happy lol

Wish you a great Sunday and hope the weather is cooler. Had a big storm last night ..now very windy.
Abhi121 avatar
Posted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 14:25
Author:
Hello Thalestris ... it had been over a week since i popped in here as u know i was out for some work ....

And then i just finished viewing all of your articles and really enjoyed all of em ...
And thanks again for those great articles(i lost the count of number of thanks i said lol :P ) ....
Hope u and everyone else is having a great weekend :D ...

Life has a way of kicking us when we’re down. And just when we think we can’t fall any lower, we get kicked again.
But it’s important to remember that setbacks, failures, and tragedy are a part of life. Whether we manage to find joy and success in the daily struggle of life is largely dependent on our ability to persevere through even the toughest adversity without ever giving up.
- Gilles Douaire

A-beautiful-place-to-dream-daydreaming-18538337-496-372.jpg

I've always found that anything worth achieving will always have obstacles in the way and you've got to have that drive and determination to overcome those obstacles on route to whatever it is that you want to accomplish. - Chuck Norris

And finally a little lough ....

Funny-GIFS-20141.gif

Funniest-GIF.gif
Thalestris avatar
Posted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 16:07
Hi ange and Abhi gHdOO4Y.gifwGHkwn3.gif And thanks for coming in here to say hi , for your comments , quotes and pics wGHkwn3.gif I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying those posts. And today, well after that sleepless night, damn storm.. I was thinking about making a short post really, but I read this.. Ok, it's Sunday, we normally relax and have fun, but if I don't post it , I'll regret it afterwards.. Because it occurs in Hawaii ,but not only there, my cousin's third little boy was born without an ear and her husband is a farmer who spreads pesticides.. So I'm just too familiar with this.. ezhz2mF.gif

And you'll have a few pics and trailers afterwards. And ange, I've found a special pic today, my little wink to you and your thread wGHkwn3.gif

S53KDNJl.jpg

Pesticides in paradise: Hawaii's spike in birth defects puts focus on GM crops
Local doctors are in the eye of a storm swirling for the past three years over whether corn that’s been genetically modified to resist pesticides is a source of prosperity, as companies claim, or of birth defects and illnesses

Pediatrician Carla Nelson remembers catching sight of the unusually pale newborn, then hearing an abnormal heartbeat through the stethoscope and thinking that something was terribly wrong.

The baby was born minutes before with a severe heart malformation that would require complex surgery. What worried her as she waited for the ambulance plane to take the infant from Waimea, on the island of Kauai, to the main children’s hospital in Honolulu, on another Hawaiian island, was that it was the fourth one shehad seen in three years.

In all of Waimea, there have been at least nine in five years, she says, shaking her head. That’s more than 10 times the national rate, according to analysis by local doctors.

Nelson, a Californian, and other local doctors find themselves in the eye of a storm swirling for the past three years around the Hawaiian archipelago over whether a major cash crop on four of the six main islands, corn that’s been genetically modified to resist pesticides, is a source of prosperity, as the companies claim – or of birth defects and illnesses, as the doctors and many others suspect.

After four separate attempts to rein in the companies over the past two years all failed, an estimated 10,000 people marched on 9 August through Honolulu’s Waikiki tourist district. Some signs like, “We Deserve the Right to Know: Stop Poisoning Paradise” and “Save Hawaii – Stop GMOs” (Genetically Modified Organisms), while others protested different issues.

“The turnout and the number of groups marching showed how many people are very frustrated with the situation,” says native Hawaiian activist Walter Ritte of the island of Molokai.

Waimea, a small town of low, pastel wood houses built in south-west Kauai for plantation workers in the 19th century, now sustains its economy mostly from a trickle of tourists on their way to a spectacular canyon. Perhaps 200 people work full-time for the four giant chemical companies that grow the corn – all of it exported – on some 12,000 acres leased mostly from the state.

In Kauai, chemical companies Dow, BASF, Syngenta and DuPont spray 17 times more pesticide per acre (mostly herbicides, along with insecticides and fungicides) than on ordinary cornfields in the US mainland, according to the most detailed study of the sector.

That’s because they are precisely testing the strain’s resistance to herbicides that kill other plants. About a fourth of the total are called Restricted Use Pesticides because of their harmfulness. Just in Kauai, 18 tons – mostly atrazine, paraquat (both banned in Europe) and chlorpyrifos – were applied in 2012. The World Health Organization this year announced that glyphosate, sold as Roundup, the most common of the non-restricted herbicides, is “probably carcinogenic in humans”.

The cornfields lie above Waimea as the land, developed in the 1870s for the Kekaha Sugar Company plantation, slopes gently up toward arid, craggy hilltops. Most fields are reddish-brown and perfectly furrowed. Some parts are bright green: that’s when the corn is actually grown.

Both parts are sprayed frequently, sometimes every couple of days. Most of the fields lie fallow at any given time as they await the next crop, but they are still sprayed with pesticides to keep anything from growing. “To grow either seed crops or test crops, you need soil that’s essentially sterile,” says professor Hector Valenzuela of the University of Hawaii department of tropical plant and soil science.

When the spraying is underway and the wind blows downhill from the fields to the town – a time no spraying should occur – residents complain of stinging eyes, headaches and vomiting.

Your eyes and lungs hurt, you feel dizzy and nauseous. It’s awful,” says middle school special education teacher Howard Hurst, who was present at two evacuations. “Here, 10% of the students get special-ed services, but the state average is 6.3%,” he says. “It’s hard to think the pesticides don’t play a role.”

At these times, many crowd the waiting rooms of the town’s main hospital, which was run until recently by Dow AgroSciences’ former chief lobbyist in Honolulu. It lies beside the middle school, both 1,700ft from Syngenta fields. The hospital, built by the old sugar plantation, has never studied the effects of the pesticides on its patients.

The chemical companies that grow the corn in land previously used for sugar refuse to disclose with any precision which chemicals they use, where and in what amounts, but they insist the pesticides are safe, and most state and local politicians concur. “The Hawai‘i legislature has never given the slightest indication that it intended to regulate genetically engineered crops,” wrote lawyer Paul Achitoff of Earthjustice in a recent court case.

As for the birth defects spike, “We have not seen any credible source of statistical health information to support the claims,” said Bennette Misalucha, executive director of Hawaii Crop Improvement Association, the chemical companies trade association, in a written statement distributed by a publicist. She declined to be interviewed.

Nelson, the pediatrician, points out that American Academy of Pediatrics’ report, Pesticide Exposure in Children, found “an association between pesticides and adverse birth outcomes, including physical birth defects”. Noting that local schools have been evacuated twice and children sent to hospital because of pesticide drift, Nelson says doctors need prior disclosure of sprayings: “It’s hard to treat a child when you don’t know which chemical he’s been exposed to.”

Her concerns and those of most of her colleagues have grown as the chemical companies doubled to 25,000 acres in a decade the area in Hawaii they devote to growing new varieties of herbicide-resistant corn.

Today, about 90% of industrial GMO corn grown in the US was originally developed in Hawaii, with the island of Kauai hosting the biggest area. The balmy weather yields three crops a year instead of one, allowing the companies to bring a new strain to market in a third of the time.

Once it’s ready, the same fields are used to raise seed corn, which is sent to contract farms on the mainland. It is their output, called by critics a pesticide delivery system, that is sold to the US farmers, along with the pesticides manufactured by the breeder that each strain has been modified to tolerate.

Corn’s uses are as industrial as its cultivation: less than 1% is eaten. About 40% is turned into ethanol for cars, 36% becomes cattle feed, 10% is used by the food industry and the rest is exported.

At a Starbucks just outside Honolulu, Sidney Johnson, a pediatric surgeon at the Kapiolani Medical Center for Women and Children who oversees all children born in Hawaii with major birth defects and operates on many, says he’s been thinking about pesticides a lot lately. The reason: he’s noticed that the number of babies born here with their abdominal organs outside, a rare condition known as gastroschisis, has grown from three a year in the 1980s to about a dozen now.

We have cleanest water and air in the world,” he says. So he’s working with a medical student on a study of his hospital’s records to determine whether the parents of the gastroschisis infants were living near fields that were being sprayed around the time of conception and early pregnancy. He plans to extend the study to parents of babies suffering from heart defects.

You kind of wonder why this wasn’t done before,” he says. “Data from other states show there might be a link, and Hawaii might be the best place to prove it.”

Unbeknownst to Johnson, another two physicians have been heading in the same direction, but with some constraints. They’re members of a state-county commission appointed this year to “determine if there are human harms coming from these pesticides”, as its chairman, a professional facilitator named Peter Adler, tells a meeting of angry local residents in Waimea earlier this month. Several express skepticism that the panel is anything but another exercise in obfuscation.

The panel of nine part-time volunteers also includes two scientists from the chemical companies and several of their critics. “We just want to gather information and make some recommendations,” Adler tells the crowd of about 60 people. “We won’t be doing any original research.”

But one of the two doctors, a retired pediatrician named Lee Evslin, plans to do just that. “I want see if any health trends stand out among people that might have been exposed to pesticides,” he says in an interview. “It won’t be a full epidemiological study, but it will probably be more complete than anything that’s been done before.”

The panel itself, called the Joint Fact-Finding Study Group on Genetically Modified Crops and Pesticides on Kauaʻi, is the only achievement of three years of failed attempts to force the companies to disclose in advance what they spray and to create buffer zones – which they do in 11 other states, where food crops receive much less pesticides per acre.

The pushback from the expansion of the GMO acreage first emerged when Gary Hooser of Kauai, a former state senate majority leader who failed in a bid for lieutenant governor in 2010, ran for his old seat on the Kauai County council in 2012.

“Everywhere I went, people were concerned about GMOs and pesticides. They were saying, ‘Gary, we gotta do something’,” he recounts over coffee at the trendy Ha Coffee Bar in Lihue, the island’s capital. “Some were worried about the GMO process itself and others by the threats of the pesticides, and it became one of the dominant political issues.”

Once elected, Hooser, who has a ruddy complexion, piercing blue eyes and arrived in Hawaii as a teenager from California, approached the companies for information about exactly what they were spraying and in what amounts. He was rebuffed.

In the process of what he called “doing my homework”, he discovered that the companies, unlike regular farmers, were operating under a decades-old Environmental Protection Agency permit to discharge toxic chemicals in water that had been grandfathered from the days of the sugar plantation, when the amounts and toxicities of pesticides were much lower. The state has asked for a federal exemption for the companies so they can avoid modern standards of compliance.

He also found that the companies, unlike regular farmers, don’t pay the 4% state excise tax. Some weren’t even asked to pay property taxes, worth $125,000 a year. After pressure from Hooser and the county tax office, the companies paid two years’ worth of back taxes.

So with the backing of three other members of the seven-member Kauai council, he drafted a law requiring the companies to disclose yearly what they had grown and where, and to announce in advance which pesticides they proposed to spray, where and when. The law initially also imposed a moratorium on the chemical companies expanding their acreage while their environmental impact was assessed.

After a series of hearings packed by company employees and their families wearing blue and opponents wearing red, the bill was watered down by eliminating the moratorium and reducing the scope of the environmental study. The ordinance then passed, but the companies sued in federal court, where a judge ruled that the state’s law on pesticides precluded the counties from regulating them. After the ruling, the state and the county created the joint fact-finding panel officially committed to conducting no new research.

Hooser is confident the ruling will be overturned on appeal: the Hawaii constitution “specifically requires” the state and the counties to protect the communities and their environment.

In his appeal, Achitoff of Earthjustice argued that Hawaii’s general pesticide law does not “demonstrate that the legislature intended to force the county to sit and watch while its schoolchildren are being sent to the hospital so long as state agencies do not remedy the problem.”

In the Big Island, which is called Hawaii and hosts no GMO corn, a similar process unfolded later in 2013: the county council passed a law that effectively banned the chemical companies from moving in, and it was struck down in federal court for the same reasons. A ban on genetically modified taro, a food root deemed sacred in Hawaiian mythology, was allowed to stand.

In Maui County, which includes the islands of Maui and Molokai, both with large GMO corn fields, a group of residents calling themselves the Shaka Movement sidestepped the company-friendly council and launched a ballot initiative that called for a moratorium on all GMO farming until a full environmental impact statement is completed there.

The companies, primarily Monsanto, spent $7.2m on the campaign ($327.95 per “no” vote, reported to be the most expensive political campaign in Hawaii history) and still lost.

Again, they sued in federal court, and, a judge found that the Maui County initiative was preempted by federal law. Those rulings are also being appealed.

In the state legislature in Honolulu, Senator Josh Green, a Democrat who then chaired the health committee, earlier this year attempted a fourth effort at curbing the pesticide spraying.

In the legislature, he said, it’s an open secret that most heads of the agriculture committee have had “a closer relationship with the agro-chemical companies than with the environmental groups”.

Green, an emergency room doctor who was raised in Pennsylvania, drafted legislation to mandate some prior disclosure and some buffer zones. “I thought that was a reasonable compromise,” he says. Still, he also drafted a weaker bill as a failsafe. “If even that one doesn’t pass, it’s going to be obvious that the state doesn’t have the political will to stand up to the chemical companies,” he said in a phone interview at the time. “That would be terrible.”

The chairman of the senate agricultural committee, Cliff Tsuji, didn’t even bring the weaker bill to a vote, even though Hawaii’s governor had pledged to sign any bill that created buffer zones.

Asked by email what he would do now, Green replied with a quip: “Drink scotch.”

66Zegvjl.jpg

Melissa McCarthy attends a ceremony honouring her with a star on the Hollywood Walk Of Fame in Los Angeles earlier this year ( I actually didn't know that, so it's entirely new to me and I'm really happy for her, she made me laugh so many times...)

gUv2hdDl.jpg

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Competitors jump into the waters off Copacabana beach as they take part in the marathon swimming challenge for the 2016 Rio Olympics
. Photograph: Buda Mendes

bt8M9xxl.jpg

Port-au-Prince, Haiti
Performers take part in the opening ceremony of Carifesta, the Caribbean Festival of Arts.
Photograph: Hector Retamal

Fear the Walking Dead: (reminder, series Premiere today) What did the world look like as it was transforming into the horrifying apocalypse depicted in "The Walking Dead"? This spin-off set in Los Angeles, following new characters as they face the beginning of the end of the world, will answer that question. Creators: Dave Erickson, Robert Kirkman,Cast: Rubén Blades, Mercedes Mason, Cliff Curtis, 2015, Horror.

Zipper : A family man has it all until he risks losing everything due to his inability to fight off his obsessive temptation for other women. Director: Mora Stephens, Writers: Mora Stephens, Mora Stephens, Cast: Patrick Wilson, Lena Headey, Ray Winstone, Thriller.

Labyrinth of Lies : A story that exposes the conspiracy of prominent German institutions and government branches to cover up the crimes of Nazis during World War II. Director: Giulio Ricciarelli, Writers: Elisabeth Bartel (screenplay), Giulio Ricciarelli (screenplay), Cast: Alexander Fehling, André Szymanski, Friederike Becht, 2014, History.

Wishing you all a beautiful Sunday and a great start of the week ! wGHkwn3.gif

ange1 avatar
Posted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:06
Hello Thalestris thank you for the awesome news around the world :) ooh can't wait to see the spin off of the walking dead.... seen the first 3 minutes trailer and looked pretty interesting..... Melissa McCarthy is a brilliant funny beautiful lady. I love to see her as she is not your typical stick thin actress trying to keep up with the film industry of today being skinny . I know it must be hard for actors who have to keep up with it all but why. Looks are not everything in life and i think society forgets that. Beauty is skin deep and what counts above all is what is on the inside.

Abhi love your quotes and especially the quote by Gilles Douaire....
Abhi121 avatar
Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 06:54
Author:
ange1 wrote:
Hello Thalestris thank you for the awesome news around the world :) ooh can't wait to see the spin off of the walking dead.... seen the first 3 minutes trailer and looked pretty interesting..... Melissa McCarthy is a brilliant funny beautiful lady. I love to see her as she is not your typical stick thin actress trying to keep up with the film industry of today being skinny . I know it must be hard for actors who have to keep up with it all but why. Looks are not everything in life and i think society forgets that. Beauty is skin deep and what counts above all is what is on the inside.

Abhi love your quotes and especially the quote by Gilles Douaire....

Thanks ange1 ... and even the bot have its way of kicking us lol ,,,,

And thanks 2 u as well Thalestris for the article ... :) ...

Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced. -Lucille Ball

And i would suggest everyone 2 watch this awesome video ....

Thalestris avatar
Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:45
Hi ange & Abhi gHdOO4Y.gif Thanks for your visit wGHkwn3.gif And ange, nope I haven't seen the first ep of "Fear the Walking Dead" yet, I will soon I guess, I hope that you've enjoyed it ?

And thanks Abhi for the quote and that funny vid, that little boy is really something 2AtoAqI.gif

And I apologize for my late answer, I couldn't say logged in on ET yesterday, so I guess that I still have that bug, I'm trying to solve that mystery ... lpkMsKv.gif So if you don't see me around for days, well you'll know that I'm out there lost again .. trying to get in ... 2AtoAqI.gif

So today, well I can't really post what I had planned yesterday, that wouldn't be fair to you, so here we go, I spotted those 2 articles, and unfortunately, I didn't find some really new nice trailers, so I've selected those 2). Hopefully tomorrow we'll start to have something interesting again ?

MdG4KYsl.jpg

Tropical forests totalling size of India at risk of being cleared, study warns
Washington-based Center for Global Development predicts 289m hectares (714m acres) of tropical forests will be felled by 2050 based on current trends

Tropical forests covering an area nearly the size of India are set to be destroyed in the next 35 years, a faster rate of deforestation than previously thought, a study warned on Monday.

The Washington-based Center for Global Development, using satellite imagery and data from 100 countries, predicted 289m hectares (714m acres) of tropical forests would be felled by 2050, with dangerous implications for accelerating climate change, the study said.

If current trends continued tropical deforestation would add 169bn tonnes of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere by 2050, the equivalent of running 44,000 coal-fired power plants for a year, the study’s lead author told the Thomson Reuters Foundation.

Reducing tropical deforestation is a cheap way to fight climate change,” said environmental economist Jonah Busch. He recommended taxing carbon emissions to push countries to protect their forests.

UN climate change experts have estimated the world can burn no more than 1tn tonnes of carbon in order to keep global temperature rises below two degrees – the maximum possible increase to avert catastrophic climate change.

If trends continued the amount of carbon burned as a result of clearing tropical forests was equal to roughly one-sixth of the entire global carbon dioxide allotment, Busch said.

The biggest driver of tropical deforestation by far is industrial agriculture to produce globally traded commodities including soy and palm oil.

The study predicted the rate of deforestation would climb through 2020 and 2030 and accelerate around the year 2040 if changes were not made.

There were some success stories where countries reduced tropical deforestation without compromising economic growth or food production, the study said. Brazil decreased deforestation in the Amazon rainforest by 80% over a decade through the use of satellite monitoring and increased law enforcement, even as cattle and soy production rose.

oCs1upMl.jpg

Sean Lennon: 'People only see me as the spoiled slacker son of John and Yoko'
But that’s far from true – his long list of projects includes co-producing Fat White Family’s forthcoming album and collaborating on one with his mother

If he was an ordinary musician without the famous last name, the assortment of music projects keeping Sean Lennon busy right now (producer, band member, solo artist, environmental activist) might cry out creative restlessness or workaholic.

He’s co-produced the forthcoming album by Fat White Family, and he’s also working with members of the group on a side project, a new act called the Moonlandingz who have an EP out in October. It’s released on his label Chimera Music, a label started by Lennon and his girlfriend Charlotte Kemp Muhl, and he’ll head into the studio next month to help produce and play on a Moonlandingz record, with an EP planned for October.

Meanwhile, Lennon has also started writing new music for his and Muhl’s band (they play together under the moniker The Ghost of a Saber Tooth Tiger), in addition to new songs for himself – a batch of tunes that, once he’s ready to put them out, will comprise his first solo album in almost a decade. As if that’s not enough, he’s collaborating with his mother Yoko Ono on a new album she’s releasing in January. Oh, and he’s directing a documentary spotlighting some of his friends who work as artists in New York.

From the outside, it might seem like a lot for one artist to tackle. But that’s where the youngest son of the guy who formed the Beatles finds himself these days – not so much addicted to keeping busy, just focused on making the things that make him happy.

Come October, he’ll also reach a milestone. That’s when Lennon turns 40, the same age his father was when he was murdered in 1980. Small wonder, then, the approach of middle age finds Sean Lennon thinking less these days about legacy and expectations, and more about the direction of his life and the kind of art he wants to put out into the world.

“I think the thing about getting older is it’s made me more aware of the finite nature of time on the planet,” Lennon says. “I think when you’re in your early 30s or late 20s, time feels more abstract. I think there’s something about facing mid-life that makes time very – well, the opposite of abstract. It makes it real and observable and you see how many years you have left, at best.”

That he has new material of his own in the works – a follow-up to 2006’s Friendly Fire, a lush, melodic, Elliott Smith-sounding set of tunes that, yes, represents the kind of music a Beatle fan could appreciate – suggests a comfort in his own skin. It’s a renewed willingness to put himself back out there alone, giving something new to the fans while also bracing for the critics who “no matter what I do, people see me as the spoiled slacker son of John and Yoko”.

There was a point in the past when Lennon says people encouraged him to release music under a pseudonym, an artistic escape hatch that might have seemed a promising way to get one over on the people who don’t always see Sean Lennon so much as they do an offshoot of John. That’s also one reason much of his recent career has involved groups and side projects and outlets that let him subsume himself into a greater whole, where his last name isn’t necessarily the thing that’s in lights.

My relationship to the outlying reactions from people who have unrealistic positive or negative expectations of me, with regards to my being descended from a Beatle – I thought on some level that doing the (band with Muhl) might deflect some of that,” Lennon said, referring to the group he and Muhl formed in 2008. “But I found that … I was surprised, let’s say, that that kind of sentiment just remains, no matter what I do. I feel like no matter what I do, there’s always going to be that element, and I kind of have to accept it and just do things anyway.

“People have said, why don’t you just do things under a pseudonym and then see what people’s true reaction would be? I always felt like doing that, though, would be sort of disrespectful to my dad and my family and myself. It’s like oh, well, I can’t be proud of who I am? I didn’t want to hide.

Indeed, hiding is the last thing he’s doing these days, and he maintains an active public presence on social media, posting slices of life to Instagram, Facebook, Twitter. Ask him about what bands or songs excite him at the moment, and he’ll point you to his public Spotify playlist: a melange of everything from the Zombies to the Beach Boys to the West Coast Pop Art Experimental Band.

He resists considering himself a workaholic, thinking the label or something like it more appropriate for his mother, still a workhorse of a concept artist, activist and musician now in her 80s. Lennon says she still keeps to a demanding pace (“She has this obsession with waking up at 7am every morning”) that includes balancing her art career with her music, her activism and managing the Lennon estate, among other things.

Her collaborators, he says, have been known to get flurries of five to 10 emails at a time, and if they don’t answer right away, Lennon chuckles, she’ll follow up with a quick, “What’s wrong? Are you OK?”

Her son says he, too, is “committed to making music and art”, just in his own way, in his own time.

I’ve made a decent living doing commercial work,” he says. “I’ve done film scores, jingles for companies … It’s hard for me to sort of define myself. I just do my thing. I run a label, make music, I’m directing this documentary. I try to let my work speak for itself.”

Rather than deflect the inevitable Beatle questions, Lennon points to his father – as well as his mother – as the reason he’s making that work in the first place. If an earlier Lennon might have winced a bit at the insistent pokes and prods from journalistic queries that only wanted to know about him insofar as it told them what they wanted to know about John, today finds him perfectly comfortable revisiting the past.

No, he doesn’t have a favorite song of his father’s, though he concedes a predilection for the Beatle period between Revolver and Magical Mystery Tour – the Beatles’ run of heavily produced, complex and lavish masterworks.

I love things like A Day in the Life, Tomorrow Never Knows, but I don’t really have a favorite song outside the context of a moment,” he says. “I feel the same way about colors. I don’t have a favorite color. I don’t understand why anyone does. Generally, I’ll say that my favorite period of the Beatles is that period starting with Revolver – when they were really pushing the limits of progressive songwriting.

“I’ll also say, the only reason I’m interested in art and music at all is because of my parents. Respect for them is at the heart of everything I do. It defines me. I consider myself a momma’s boy, a poppa’s boy – I sort of hero-worshipped them as a child, then went to work making music on my own.

His father’s music, of course, still carries an unshakable resonance for his son, never mind for the millions of Beatles fans around the globe. “They say life begins at 40,” the elder Lennon once sang, with the caveat that age is also “just a state of mind”.

His son is now at a point where, for him, life begins again every day. He’s as artistically curious and adventurous as he’s ever been. And so it’s back to work, back to writing, planning albums, and whatever else comes next.

Kill Your Friends : An A&R man working at the height of the Britpop music craze goes to extremes in order to find his next hit. Director: Owen Harris, Writer: John Niven (novel), Cast: Nicholas Hoult, Ed Skrein, James Corden, 2015, Thriller.

Lady Chatterley's Lover : Director: Jed Mercurio, Writers: D.H. Lawrence (novel), Jed Mercurio, Cast: Holliday Grainger, Richard Madden, James Norton, 2015, Drama, Tv movie.

Wishing you all a great start of the week ! wGHkwn3.gif
ange1 avatar
Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 20:06
Your very welcome Abhi and thank you for the video... that little boy was so cute dancing :)

Thalestris thank you for the posts today. I did watch Fear the Walking Dead and i quite enjoyed. I think it will hopefully build into a good series but i must admit The walking Dead will always be my favorite :)
Thalestris avatar
Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 15:09
Hi ange, hi Abhi and hi everybody gHdOO4Y.gif I hope that you're all having a great Wednesday ?

And answering to you ange regarding that first ep of "Fear the Walking Dead", well I do agree with you, but it's obviously a bit too early to give a proper opinion, but let's say that I'm less enthusiastic so far than I was watching the first ep of TWD.... wGHkwn3.gif

And today, what's up in the world .. ? ! Oh my, it's not everyday that you read crazy stories like those ones YUJaHx8.gif .. So obviously, I can not be serious, it's just impossible really to talk about the misery of the world today.. 2AtoAqI.gif Some days, truth is stranger than fiction... So, hopefully, you won't have read already one of those two stories, and there will be also a cartoon, 2 pics and a few trailers. And I hope that you'll enjoy it. wGHkwn3.gif

kwIdAAb.gif

Family breaks open pregnant teenager's coffin in fear she was buried alive
Relatives in Honduras say noises were heard coming from the tomb of Nelsy Perez and her coffin showed signs of damage inside when unearthed

Relatives of a pregnant Honduran teenager, who had been buried after being pronounced dead at a hospital, broke down her tomb and pulled out her coffin after apparently hearing banging from the inside.

Nelsy Perez, 16, was then rushed to a clinic, still lying in her coffin and dressed in the wedding gown she was going to wear when she married the father of her unborn child, but doctors there found no signs of life.

Relatives say they observed signs of a struggle in the broken glass panel of the coffin over her face, and bruises on her fingers.

The case has sparked much speculation over what could have happened. Some have suggested catalepsy, a nervous condition that causes muscular rigidity, insensitivity to external stimuli and weak respiration.

Others speculate the damage to the inside of the coffin could be explained by body decomposition. “The coffin glass could have been broken by the gasses of the decomposing body,” said a police investigator, Blanca Mejia, citing the first impressions of the doctor carrying out the autopsy.

Videos of the traumatic events that took place in early July, near the western city of Copan, have now emerged in a report on Univision TV.

The videos show a crowd gathered around Nelsy’s tomb as a young man smashes its sealed concrete entrance with a mallet, allowing the girl’s white coffin to be pulled out.

They also picture her lying in the open coffin still in the cemetery as a woman fans her face. A later scene shows a crowd around her hospital bed reading the Bible, and periodically shaking her body.

It all began, the family said, when Nelsy, who was three months pregnant, became suddenly ill in a way that made them suspect she had been possessed, and sent them running to a pastor.

The pastor asked her to repeat the word of God and she refused,” Nelsy’s boyfriend Rody Gonzales told Univision. “Another voice was coming out of her.

When her condition worsened, the family took her to a hospital. She was pronounced dead a few hours later.

Earlier Honduran media reports said Nelsy was initially taken ill after hearing gun shots outside her poverty-stricken home, and that the cause of death had been recorded as a heart attack.

Soon after she was buried, Gonzales visited the tomb and thought he heard banging from within. He said he thought it might be his nerves playing tricks until a cemetery worker also heard the strange noises.

The family became even more convinced Nelsy had been buried alive once they had recovered the coffin.

She didn’t smell bad or anything,” said Gladys Gutierrez, the girl’s aunt. “Her body seemed normal, and her colour seemed normal too.

Claudia Lopez, the doctor who attended the family at the clinic, said Perez was dead when she was tested. “They almost broke down the door to get in,” she said. “We evaluated her fully but there was no result.”

sIj3kyo.gif

Woman downs whole bottle of cognac at Beijing airport security control
Woman drank contents of bottle after being told she could not carry it in her hand luggage, only to be prevented from flying because she was too drunk

A Chinese woman reportedly downed a full bottle of £120 cognac at security control after she was told she was not allowed to take liquids on board her flight – which she was then prevented from boarding.

The woman, who has been named only as Zhao, was deemed too drunk to fly by staff at Beijing Capital international airport when she collapsed shortly after drinking the bottle of Rémy Martin XO Excellence.

Police and airline staff then reportedly denied the woman access to the flight, concerned her inebriation would be a safety risk.

She is believed to have purchased the cognac at a US airport and was in transit through Beijing, where she was due to take a domestic flight to Wenzhou.

Staff told her she was not allowed to carry the bottle in her hand luggage because it exceeded the 100ml limit, and apparently not wanting to waste the purchase, she drank the entire contents.

One local paper described how she had started shouting at the departure gate before collapsing. “She was rolling on the ground, shouting,” a police officer told the Beijing Times

She was taken back to the airport lounge in a wheelchair and the airport’s medical staff were called to assist her, the officer added.

The South China Morning Post reported that the woman woke up seven hours later and thanked police for assisting her, and that family members had arrived to escort her home.

l5hvQlmh.jpg

Af3hkytl.jpg

Beijing, China
Abdullah Al-Qwabani of Yemen competes barefoot in the men’s 5000m heats during the 2015 IAAF World Championships at the National Stadium.
Photograph: Srdjan Suki

ExjD31ql.jpg

Teahupo’o, French Polynesia
Jeremy Flores of France won the Billabong Pro Tahiti by defeating reigning WSL World Champion Gabriel Medina in the final
. Photograph: Kelly Cestari

Pawn Sacrifice: American chess champion Bobby Fischer prepares for a legendary match-up against Russian Boris Spassky. Director: Edward Zwick, Writers: Steven Knight (screenplay), Steven Knight (story), Cast: Liev Schreiber, Lily Rabe, Tobey Maguire, 2014, Drama.

Mistress America: A lonely college freshman's life is turned upside down by her impetuous, adventurous soon-to-be stepsister. Director: Noah Baumbach, Writers: Noah Baumbach, Greta Gerwig (screenplay), Cast: Greta Gerwig, Lola Kirke, Seth Barrish, 2015, Comedy.

Listening : A team of genius-but-broke grad students invent mind-reading technology that destroys their lives and threatens the future of free-will itself.Director: Khalil Sullins, Writer: Khalil Sullins, Cast: Thomas Stroppel, Artie Ahr, Amber Marie Bollinger, 2014, Sci-Fi.

When Animals Dream: 16-year old Marie lives on a small island with her seriously ill mother and her father, who takes care of the family. But suddenly mysterious deaths happen and Marie can feel something strange happening to her body. Director: Jonas Alexander Arnby, Writers: Rasmus Birch, Christoffer Boe (original idea), Cast: Sonia Suhl, Lars Mikkelsen, Sonja Richter, 2014, Horror.

Wishing you all a great Wednesday , morning, afternoon, evening and good luck for tomorrow ! wGHkwn3.gif
Thalestris avatar
Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 20:39
Ok, so everybody is back on the ship , hurray !!! I keep my fingers crossed as I have some nice good stuff here ... It's more about the trailers really today in fact, as I was waiting for those ones .. Particularly "Hemlock Grove" , I'm a huge fan of that show.. and my crush of the week as always : Owen Wilson.. and you remember the nazi train .. well episode 2 is here .. Ok here we go :

7qUpWJol.jpg

Owen Wilson on going from a civil war in No Escape back to Zoolander’s catwalk
The actor discusses the guerrilla filming of his new action film, competing for fans with Pierce Brosnan and the long-awaited sequel to Zoolander

Hello, Owen. Where are you?

I’m here in New York, more specifically in Tribeca.

Are you in a hotel?

Yep. I’m in a hotel.

Will you feel safe in a hotel ever again? (1)

Well, come to think of it, I have been a little bit anxious during my stay here. Maybe it’s because I keep expecting Pierce Brosnan to show up and scream at me to go to the roof.

Had you ever thought about a hotel roof being a place of safety before?

I tend to think more of going down and out, so I haven’t thought so much about the rooftops and how close they are to other buildings, and whether those other buildings are reachable by jumping across. (2)

What attracted you to the role?

Believing that the stuff this character is doing is within the realm of the possible – at least as far as I could imagine myself doing. He doesn’t have a background in Special Ops, he’s not a Navy Seal. He’s a father. And with any parent (3),

if you feel as if your family is in danger and your children are threatened, that’s gonna stir something kinda primal in you and get your adrenaline going.

It looks very guerrilla.

Well, it was. It wasn’t a big-budget movie, so they were trying to cram stuff in and be economical in the way they went about it. I think they were lucky that they selected Chiang Mai to shoot in. They didn’t have to do as much set-dressing and stuff, because you are a stranger in a strange land there.

How was it for you, being in that culture?

In real life it was very nice. The Thai people – to make a generalisation, this region is called The Land of Smiles – are very gentle. The Thai crew were just hospitable and great. For the story, though, it’s kind of a non-specific country.

Did people know who you were?

Yeah, I did have a little bit of a Thai following, but when Pierce (4) showed up, it was nothing compared to that. It was very exciting when Pierce finally arrived, seeing how excited people got. You can’t help but think: “Here’s James Bond walking around.

Your character is from Texas, as are you. Was that in the script?

I think that was something they added. Maybe they had seen some of my other movies and noticed my inability to change my accent.

I wondered whether it added to the plausibility of your character …

Yeah, I think so. I know that when I look at a story or imagine being in it, the first hurdle you have to clear is: “Well, could I see myself being able to pull this off and do a believable job?” I know from growing up, seeing my dad raising three boys, the stress that’s inherent in being a parent. One of us fell out of a tree and got taken to get stitches, another one getting lost at the state fair … I thought this movie did a good job of taking some of that stress that a parent feels in being responsible, wanting to protect your kids, and kinda ramps it up and puts it on steroids. That’s something I could see myself doing.

Was anything too dangerous to do?

Well, we had an American assistant director and a Thai one, who would address the Thai crew – which was at least half. If there’s a gun on the set, there’s a protocol that they follow. The American AD would explain what was happening, the stunt that was occurring, and talk for five minutes, then hand over to his Thai counterpart. He’d literally say a couple of words and he was done. You’d think: “There’s no way he said all that information …” So I think there is that feeling in Thailand that things are a little bit more loose, a bit more like how it was growing up in the 70s. As a kid, I didn’t wear a seatbelt. If you came to a sudden stop, your mom would just kind of put her hand out. So things have changed a lot. But Thailand’s a little bit looser. Which can be nice.

Was it easy to imagine eating dog, as you had to in the film? (5)

Ha, yeah. That was scary, that scene. You could have, I suppose, done this movie in Canada, but it wouldn’t have been the same type of story. There’s something about being somewhere that’s so different from a western country, beginning with the language – it’s not a Latin-based language. I’m sure to their ears our language sounds very strange, but theirs is a tonal language and that’s a very different thing. It can be almost jarring to hear. All that stuff was helpful for this story.

The film isn’t specifically political, but there is a political point being made, about the west’s aggressive foreign policy. Was that important to you?

No. In fact, I would say it was almost important to go the other way. I guess you have to give some kind of context but I always feel that, unless you can do it in a really intelligent, truthful way, sometimes a genre movie isn’t the venue to take on those issues and you’re better off just having a simple story. I always think about Mad Max 2: the Road Warrior [1981] or The Terminator – you can’t get more simple than those stories. You bite off more than you can chew when you try to explain lots of stuff.

Was it a relief to get back to being Hansel (6) after this?

Yeah. Beginning with the way they announced Zoolander 2, by having Ben [Stiller] and I walk out in Paris, in character. We weren’t quite sure what to expect after 14 years, but we got a pretty rousing reception there that made us wish the movie was coming out that weekend. Then we went to Rome and filmed it, and Ben’s editing it now. I think it has a chance to be funny and good.

You don’t do much press. If you could reveal something about yourself that most people don’t know, what would it be?

Well, just by the phrasing of the question, I would have a hard time thinking why I would want people to know this great quality about myself. So I would leave it to you. I’m not sure what quality people are missing out there about me that they really need to understand. Sorry!

(1) In his new movie, No Escape, the arrival of Wilson and family in a country in south-east Asia coincides with civil war. Initially, they’re holed up in their hotel.

(2) The family eventually flee the hotel this way. Wilson chucks his daughters across the gap in slo-mo.

(3) Wilson has two young sons.

(4) Brosnan, who plays a mysterious sex tourist.

(5) Initially presented as chicken that has been fed sultanas.

(6) Wilson’s character in Zoolander.

xKkiLbp.gif

'Nazi gold train': Poland asks treasure hunters to stop search
Officials believe they have found the train said to carry gems and other valuables and urge enthusiasts to let them secure site

Poland has appealed to second world war buffs and rail enthusiasts to stop searching for a Nazi train believed to have lain undiscovered for 70 years and rumoured to carry treasure.

Authorities say they believe they have located the train in the county of Wałbrzych, after they were tipped off by a German and a Pole who said last week that they had found it and expected a finder’s fee of 10%.

The culture ministry said “foragers” had since become active in the area and urged them to stop, saying they risked harming themselves.

“I’m certain the train exists, but it might contain dangerous material,” said Piotr Żuchowski, the head of national heritage at the ministry. “This is an appeal for any further investigations to be put on hold until we have finished the necessary official procedures relating to securing the site.

Local news reports say the train, believed to be military, went missing in 1945, packed with loot from the then eastern German city of Breslau – now called Wrocław and part of Poland – as Soviet Red Army forces closed in.

Reports said the train contained up to 300 tonnes of gold, as well as a batch of diamonds, other gems and industrial equipment. According to local folklore, it entered a tunnel in the mountainous Lower Silesian region and never emerged. The tunnel was later closed and its location long forgotten.

Black Mass: The true story of Whitey Bulger, the brother of a state senator and the most infamous violent criminal in the history of South Boston, who became an FBI informant to take down a Mafia family invading his turf.Director: Scott Cooper, Writers: Mark Mallouk (screenplay), Jez Butterworth (screenplay),cast: Johnny Depp, Benedict Cumberbatch, Dakota Johnson, 2015, Drama.

Z for Zachariah : In the wake of a disaster that wipes out most of civilization, two men and a young woman find themselves in an emotionally charged love triangle as the last known survivors. Director: Craig Zobel,Writers: Nissar Modi (screenplay), Robert C. O'Brien (novel), Cast: Chiwetel Ejiofor, Chris Pine, Margot Robbie, 2015, Sci-FI.

Youth : Fred and Mick, two old friends, are on vacation in an elegant hotel at the foot of the Alps. Fred, a composer and conductor, is now retired. Mick, a film director, is still working. Director: Paolo Sorrentino
Writer: Paolo Sorrentino, Cast: Michael Caine, Harvey Keitel, Rachel Weisz,
2015, Drama.

Love the Coopers : When four generations of the Cooper clan come together for their annual Christmas Eve celebration, a series of unexpected visitors and unlikely events turn the night upside down, leading them all toward a surprising rediscovery of family bonds and the spirit of the holiday. Director: Jessie Nelson, Writer: Steven Rogers (screenplay), Cast: Olivia Wilde, Amanda Seyfried, Marisa Tomei, 2015, Comedy.

Hemlock Grove : A teenage girl is brutally murdered, sparking a hunt for her killer. But in a town where everyone hides a secret, will they find the monster among them? Creators: Brian McGreevy, Lee Shipman
Cast: Landon Liboiron, Famke Janssen, Bill Skarsgård,
2015, Horror, Tv Series.

Wishing you all a great Thursday and good luck for tomorrow ! wGHkwn3.gif

[Prev]  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 46, 47  [Next]
Page 18 of 47   [ 691 posts ]

Forum Search

search in post message
  search in topic subject
Forum

Home - Browse Torrents - Upload Torrent - Stat - Forum - FAQ - Login
ExtraTorrent.cc is in compliance with copyrights
Can't load ExtraTorrent? Try our official mirrors: etmirror.com - etproxy.com - extratorrentonline.com - extratorrentlive.com
2006-2017 ExtraTorrent.cc3