Hot torrents
H264 X264
View Torrent Info: Moana.2016.BluRay.1080p.DTS.AC3.x264-ETRG
View Torrent Info: Assassins.Creed.2016.BluRay.720p.DTS.AC3.x264-ETRG
View Torrent Info: From.a.House.on.Willow.Street.2016.720p.WEBRip.x264.AAC-ETRG
View Torrent Info: Hidden.Figures.2016.720p.BRRip.x264.AAC-ETRG
Hot torrents
BluRay, 4k UHD
View Torrent Info: Hunt for the WinderPeople 2016 Multi  Bluray 1080p x264 DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Bitter Harvest (Holodomor) - Bluray 1080p x264 DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Bad Santa-2 2016 Multi UHD 2160p BluRay HEVC SDR DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: The.Chamber.2016.BluRay.1080p.x264.DTSHD5.1-DDR
Hot torrents
Television
View Torrent Info: Time.After.Time.US.S01E05.HDTV.x264-LOL[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Elementary.S05E18.HDTV.x264-LOL[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Madam.Secretary.S03E17.HDTV.x264-LOL[ettv]
View Torrent Info: NCIS.Los.Angeles.S08E19.HDTV.x264-LOL[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Dil To Pagal Hai 1997 BluRay 1080P x264 DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Ho Mann Jahaan (2016) TVRIP 1CDRIP x264 AAC [DDR]
View Torrent Info: Trapped (2017) DesiPDVD 1CDRIP x264 AAC [DDR]
View Torrent Info: Fantastic.Beasts.And.Where.To.Find.Them.(2016).1080p.BDRip.Dual.Audio.Org.BD.{Hindi.5.1 Eng.5.1}.-~{DOOMSDAY}~-
30s
Chat
To add new messages please Login or Register for FREE
Warning! Stop Government from Tracking Your Torrenting!
Your IP Address is 54.204.71.19.   Location is United States
Your Internet Provider and Government can track your internet activity! Hide your IP and LOCATION with a VPN
ExtraTorrent strongly recommends using Trust.Zone VPN to anonymize your torrenting. It's FREE!
HIDE ME NOW

The Pirate Gazette (closed)

[Prev]  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 46, 47  [Next]
Page 32 of 47   [ 691 posts ]
AuthorMessage
ange1 avatar
Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 09:41
Author: ModeratorET lover
Panerai wrote:
No signs of foul play, Ange. It would seem he was into some really weird things.

wow really into weird things... well glad there seems to be no foul play :)
Thalestris avatar
Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 18:10
Author: Turtle
ange1 wrote:
Panerai wrote:
No signs of foul play, Ange. It would seem he was into some really weird things.

wow really into weird things... well glad there seems to be no foul play :)

Hi ange and Panerai ! Apparently you did enjoy my creepy story ha ha ! So what's up in the world, well nothing weird today, so I'll post this short article about the next adaptation of Stephen King's novel. I'll add a few pics and some trailers, so here we go !

syFELkwl.jpg

Matthew McConaughey and Idris Elba confirmed for Stephen King’s Dark Tower

The Dark Tower is one of those unfilmed Stephen King novels that seemed doomed to forever languish in development hell. But the wheels are finally turning on a movie version – with Matthew McConaughey and Idris Elba now officially attached in leading roles.

The news was confirmed by King himself, via his official Twitter feed. (The initial tweet was posted at 9.19am local time – a sly Dark Tower reference – although he then had to delete and re-post at a somewhat less significant time, after misspelling Elba’s name).

The news comes as no major surprise; it was reported at the end of last year that McConaughey had been offered his pick of roles. Elba was then sought for the role of the gunslinger Roland Deschain. McConaughey, it appears, has opted for the darker, more mysterious part of the ‘man in black’.

Nikolaj Arcel (A Royal Affair) is attached to direct the film, which previously had J.J. Abrams and Ron Howard in the director’s chair. (Howard is now producing.) The adaptation of the book, a dark Western fantasy, has been in various stages of development for nearly ten years.

1982’s The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger is the first of a series of eight books; it’s not unreasonable to expect that Sony are hoping for a franchise. King considers the series his magnum opus.

The author spoke to Entertainment Weekly about his enthusiasm for the project. “The thing is, it’s been a looong trip from the books to the film,” King told EW.

“When you think about it, I started these stories as a senior in college, sitting in a little shitty cabin beside the river in Maine, and finally this thing is actually in pre-production now. I’m delighted, and I’m a little bit surprised.”

bqZJVGpl.jpg

Kiev, Ukraine. Metro workers have presented flowers to passengers prior to Kiev marking International Women’s Day.Photograph: Sergey Dolzhenko

G5uUTetl.jpg

Athens, Greece. A man sits by the sea, outside a shelter area for migrants and refugees at the port of Piraeus Photograph: Vadim Ghirda.

6S9Yb21l.jpg

Florida drops bill to open fracking in the Everglades after public outcry. Opponents of the oil industry-backed fracking bill say it would have threatened the environment and south Florida’s drinking water

l3W9Mn0l.jpg

Eastern quolls return to Australian mainland after more than 50 years. Australian National University researchers have reintroduced wild eastern quolls from Tasmania into a Canberra sanctuary

Wishing you all a great Wednesday morning, afternoon, evening and good luck for tomorrow ! 8dOmi6C.gif
Panerai avatar
Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 18:48
Author: Site FriendET junkieET loverKittySunTurtle
Matthew McConaughey and Idris Elba, eh? Sounds promising already.
Thalestris avatar
Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 18:30
Panerai wrote:
Matthew McConaughey and Idris Elba, eh? Sounds promising already.

Hi Panerai, yes it does !

Hi everybody ! So what's up in the world, well, it's World Wildlife Day, but if you ask me, I never quite understood why we should care about a cause just on one particular day um ? Meaning, today all the poachers on Earth are just going to be kind to wildlife.. Um, yeah sure ! I won't post an entire article about it because it might bore some of you, but I'll post some pics and the latest George Clooney's interview, plus some trailers. So here we go !

uc6s2hal.jpg

George Clooney interview: ‘Donald Trump is a xenophobic fascist’
The superstar is playing a ‘numbskull’ for the Coens again in Hollywood satire Hail, Caesar! In an exclusive interview he talks about why he should have cast more black actors, the stranger-than-fiction presidential campaign and his faith in fellow Americans to ‘do the right thing’

George Clooney opens the door of the Berlin hotel lounge and shakes hands like an ambassador. “Come on in,” says this paragon of modern Hollywood: a proper, old-fashioned movie star; a producer and occasionally director of interesting, intelligent films; and a furrowed-brow liberal political activist of not inconsiderable achievement. Who else would spend the morning after the premiere of his new film, the Coen brothers’ Hail, Caesar!, confabbing with Angela Merkel about the international refugee crisis? He should be running for president, surely?

Clooney chuckles indulgently. “I am a Hillary supporter. I am doing a fundraiser for her.” That’s a big endorsement; Clooney’s 2012 event for Obama raised more than $12m (£8.5m) in a single night. But he has conciliatory words for her main Democrat opponent. “I really love Bernie Sanders, and am really glad he is in the debate. He is forcing the conversation to things that never get talked about in US politics: disparity between the rich and the poor, which is getting worse and worse every day.” He says he admires Sanders’ singlemindedness on the topic, but suggests it is the same character trait that is his “downfall” on the national stage.

Donald Trump’s increasingly likely elevation to Republican candidate is, he says, crazy; but course, being Clooney, he has had words with and been personally insulted by the other side. “I met Donald once. I was sitting in a booth and we talked for a while. Then he did Larry King, and he said I was very short. And I was like: ‘I was sitting down the whole time, Donald!”

However, Clooney’s geniality doesn’t extend to Trump’s political aspirations. “He’s just an opportunist. Now he’s a fascist; a xenophobic fascist.” But he is not entirely despondent. He repeats the old saw, usually ascribed to Winston Churchill: “You can count on Americans to do the right thing after they’ve exhausted all the other possibilities.”

“Let’s put things into perspective. You know, the truth of the matter is, in election season, things go crazy, and the loudest voices are the furthest and most extreme. So you hear a massively stupid idea, like we’re going to ban Muslims from the country. Now, we’re not ever going to do that.” He shrugs. “It says in the Statue of Liberty, bring us your huddled masses. It’s not what’s going to happen.”

As Clooney says, it is election season, so we can forgive him a little preoccupation. Anyhow, he doesn’t really need to be president. He says himself: “I enjoy my life, and I think most of the people who know me think I am pretty positive and have a funny sense of how life is.” Having so thoroughly conquered the movie industry, doing a medium-sized role in a new Coen film seems like a frivolous diversion, or a mild inconvenience: a busman’s holiday. Plus, he is a film star playing a film star, a gormless, 1950s version of himself, in a film that is partly about the surreal production-line nature of Hollywood’s golden age. His role, Baird Whitlock, has been described – by the Coens themselves – as part of a “numbskull trilogy,” or more accurately, a tetralogy, considering this is the fourth time that Clooney has played some kind of dope for them.

Clooney explains how Joel Coen told him to play his first numbskull, O Brother, Where Art Thou?’s Ulysses Everett McGill, as “the smartest guy in the room – all the time”. He followed it up with divorce lawyer Miles Massey in Intolerable Cruelty and trigger-happy US marshal Harry Pfarrer in Burn After Reading. “So I’ve played all of my idiots with them like that.” But, he adds a little sadly: “I don’t really think of them as idiots, although everyone else seems to.”

Still, Clooney says he owes the Coens – and specifically O Brother – a lot. He launches into an impressively concise summary of his own career, from the hit TV series ER (“people forget the size of it, we were averaging 40 million, 45 million a week, just in the US”) through his difficult entry to film (“it was very hard to translate from TV at that point; very few people had”) and his early stumble with Batman & Robin after it looked like From Dusk Till Dawn had set him on his way. (“Who would turn down playing Batman? And I wasn’t very good. It’s a fair deal all the way round.”)

His late-90s “comeback” in Out of Sight and Three Kings wasn’t, it turns out, the unalloyed triumphal procession it may seem from this distance. “You gotta remember, it’s an interesting thing how time changes the perspective. They were really good movies; but see, they didn’t do well. So I was coming to the end of my five-year contract on ER, and I was going to leave the show and do movies, and everywhere you looked, they said, is he going to make it? Is he going to be a movie star? Are they even going to let him do movies? Then the same year as O Brother, The Perfect Storm came out. Perfect Storm is a gigantic movie about a gigantic wave. It has very little to do with me. But it was a hit. And since I took all the shit for Batman & Robin, which had very little to do with me either, I thought: ‘Oh yeah, I’ll take all the credit for that.’”

And survive he did. Aside from his acting, Clooney has directed a handful of substantial films – admittedly of varying quality – and produced a couple of dozen more. Good Night, and Good Luck, his paean to witchhunt-breaking TV broadcaster Ed Murrow, is arguably his most personal; he says he did it as he “was being called a traitor to my country because I was against the Iraq war”. With his politician’s charm – fuelled by an inexhaustible supply of silver-fox suaveness – Clooney gets on to the subject of diversity, a topic still convulsing Hollywood. He takes himself to task a little: “One film I did, The Ides of March, where the lead was Ryan Gosling. And yes, that’s one I didn’t think to, and should have probably thought to, look for a young African American actor to do it.”

But as he is fond of repeating, the practicalities of film financing are a brake on change. “The studios give you a list of five names on a piece of paper. If you don’t put one of those names in your film, it doesn’t get financed. It doesn’t matter what I’m doing; that’s the list of names. I’d like to see that list change a little bit, especially as, more and more, the star system isn’t filling seats.”

“I’ll say this honestly: I wasn’t paying attention to it at all. I thought we’d ticked that box, and it feels like we’ve slipped, considerably. It’s something we have to pay attention to.”

Even if he has the slightly disconcerting habit of referring to Hollywood as “we”, Clooney makes a fantastically relaxed interviewee – “I grew up in and around the press, so I don’t hate them, and I don’t panic around them” – but with a true pol’s instinct he can’t resist bending it to his programme. “If you watch Good Night, and Good Luck, you’ll see I have real respect for the profession. but I also get really ticked off when it’s used stupidly.”

“Right now we are dealing so much with domestic politics that no one talks about real world issues. No one is talking about the Syrian refugee thing in the US – nobody. You might hear little snippets of it, five seconds on the news. It’s a big worldwide issue, and it needs to be talked about. If the press covered it more, we would be more involved, and do more.”

The high sign arrives; the interview is over. Ever gracious, Clooney leaps to his feet and sees me to the door. If I’d been holding a baby, I think he’d have kissed it. And with that, it’s time to leave.

lDa43L7l.jpg

World wildlife day: Animals are being slaughtered one by one, not saved two by two.
We need to act now to stop the poaching and trafficking driving many species towards extinction. This means increased penalties for criminals as well as reducing demand

m3fqpSfl.jpg

African elephants 'killed faster than they are being born'. Data released on UN world wildlife day shows overall population is still falling despite a recent reduction in levels of poaching for ivory

dU2qLPBl.jpg

Jonathan Slaght has dedicated his professional life to safeguarding the rare Blakiston’s fish owl, the world’s biggest owl. But he wouldn’t have it any other way. An adult Blakiston’s fish owl with a dolly varden trout. Photograph: Jonathan C. Slaght The IUCN Red List currently classifies Blakiston’s fish owl as endangered, with a global population of around 1,500-3,700 birds. While the species inhabits a wide range, it lives at very low densities and requires very specific conditions in its habitat.

nITnyrSl.jpg

A one horned Rhinoceros stands after a mud bath in Pobitora wildlife sanctuary. Photograph: Anupam Nath

Wishing you all a great Thursday morning, afternoon, evening and good luck for tomorrow ! 8dOmi6C.gif
Thalestris avatar
Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 18:11
Hi everybody ! A little post to wish you all a great week end ! 8dOmi6C.gif

QA8AzFA.gif

Takeshi ‘Beat’ Kitano joins Scarlett Johansson in Ghost In The Shell

There has been a lot of understandable talk of late that the cast for the new live-action version of Ghost In The Shell is so far only made up European or American actors such as Scarlett Johansson. That changes today with word that Japanese cinema icon Takeshi 'Beat' Kitano will be part of the line-up.

Rupert Sanders is directing the sci-fi action thriller, which adapts Masamune Shirow’s original 1989 manga (for lots more on the complete history of Ghost In The Shell, head here). Johansson is starring as a female special ops cyborg at the head of an elite task force known as Section 9 commanded by Kitano's Daisuke Aramaki. The team, working for Hanka Robotics, is in charge of stopping dangerous criminals and extremists, and their prime target is The Laughing Man, a terrorist dedicated to wiping out all of Hanka’s cyber technology.

Kitano's casting is something of a coup for Sanders: it's the maverick auteur's first English-language role since Brother in 2000. To find him in an English-language film he didn't direct himself, you have to go even further back, to the compromised but similarly cyberpunk-y Johnny Mnemonic in 1995.

Pilou Asbæk is playing Batou, the second best fighter in the section and Johansson's trusted lieutenant, while Michael Pitt is The Laughing Man. The film will be with us on March 31 next year.

OBFCgkDl.jpg

Berta Cáceres, Honduran human rights and environment activist, murdered
Cáceres, who was awarded the Goldman Environmental Prize for her opposition to one of Central America’s biggest hydropower projects, was shot at home

5axL6uUl.jpg

Gigantic grace: in the sands with Senegal's voodoo wrestlers
Wrestlers are more famous than footballers in Senegal earning up to £200,000 and using rituals, potions and amulets to secure victory. Christian Bobst follows the Dakar superstars from the beaches where they train to the roar of the arena

hTfp2O1l.jpg

Havana, Cuba. Francis Sierra smokes as she competes to balance the longest ash during the Habanos Festival Photograph: Alexandre Meneghini

Thalestris avatar
Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:42
Hi everybody, I just post again the trailer of : The Adderall Diaries which was removed yesterday on You tube ( I don't quite understand why really ? )

The Adderall Diaries : Director: Pamela Romanowsky, Writers: Stephen Elliott (memoir), Pamela Romanowsky (screenplay), Cast: Amber Heard, James Franco, Christian Slater, Ed Harris, 2015, Thriller.

As a writer stymied by past success, writers block, substance abuse, relationship problems and a serious set of father issues, Elliott's cracked-out chronicle of a bizarre murder trial amounts to less than the sum of its parts. Not long into the 2007 trial of programmer Hans Reiser, accused of murdering his wife, the defendant's friend Sean Sturgeon obliquely confessed to several murders (though not the murder of Reiser's wife). Elliott, caught up in the film-ready twist and his tenuous connection to Sturgeon (they share a BDSM social circle), makes a gonzo record of the proceedings. The result is a scattered, self-indulgent romp through the mind of a depressive narcissist obsessed with his insecurities and childhood traumas.

and wishing you all a great week end !

ange1 avatar
Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 15:09
Hello Thalestris and all :) wish everyone a wonderful Monday :)

Thank you so much for the awesome news and trailers, always take the time to bring us some exciting things :)

Just a note and really excited about this one :) apparently The Series Peaky Blinders is going to made into a movie in the future. I really hope it will be :) might even spend some money and go to the cinema lol

http://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/649121/Peaky-Blinders-movie-Cillian-Anderson-Tom-Hardy-Steve-Knight-Tommy-Shelby
Thalestris avatar
Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 18:18
ange1 wrote:
Hello Thalestris and all :) wish everyone a wonderful Monday :)

Thank you so much for the awesome news and trailers, always take the time to bring us some exciting things :)

Just a note and really excited about this one :) apparently The Series Peaky Blinders is going to made into a movie in the future. I really hope it will be :) might even spend some money and go to the cinema lol

http://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/649121/Peaky-Blinders-movie-Cillian-Anderson-Tom-Hardy-Steve-Knight-Tommy-Shelby

Hi ange, and thank you so much for telling me about this, that's great news indeed ! As you know, I'm a huge fan of Peaky Blinders as well.

And what's up in the world, well, I just spotted that great interview of Dustin Hoffman today, my apologies to those who have read it already yesterday, I missed it unfortunately. And I don't have new movie trailers, so we'll have to be a bit patient I'm afraid.

7v3Fl1ql.png

Dustin Hoffman: ‘I was an outsider. I came to New York and I was cleaning toilets’
Even after The Graduate made him a superstar, he always saw himself as a ‘funny looking semitic guy’ on the fringes of fame. Five decades on he talks about racism and the movies, how Tootsie made him a feminist and why he wishes he was Jack Nicholson

Last Sunday evening, Dustin Hoffman wasn’t at the Oscars but watching the New York Knicks play Miami Heat at basketball. His friend Spike Lee happened to be there too, pointedly dressed in a tuxedo. Laughing, Hoffman asked him as he passed: “Are we making a statement?”

Lee, of course, was boycotting the event in protest at the lack of nominees of colour. While sympathetic to the cause, Hoffman was simply enjoying a night out. Though he has won two Academy Awards for best actor – for Kramer vs Kramer in 1980 and Rain Man in 1989 – the Oscars are not his idea of fun.

“I wasn’t invited, I wasn’t nominated and I would never go just to go,” he says. “It’s one of the worst shows in town if you’re there. Because they break for commercials, the show just goes on and on. The Baftas are wonderful; you sit in a theatre, there’s champagne, you can get drunk and you just watch the show, Leonard Fry [sic] or whatever from beginning to end. So I was very happy to be at the Knicks game.”

Hoffman often professes himself riven with insecurities and convinced that every job will be his last. “You don’t erase the first 10 years of your life, it stays with you, it’s imprinted … you didn’t work!” he says. “Selfishly, I feel, well, I just got in under the gun.” However, he has nothing to prove. With a catalogue of era-defining movies including The Graduate, Lenny, All the President’s Men, Straw Dogs and Tootsie, he’s one of the pre-eminent film stars of the last 50 years. While it’s doubtful that Kung Fu Panda 3, the film he’s promoting today in New York, will join The Graduate and Midnight Cowboy in the National Film Registry, it’s still a perfectly charming kids’ movie, enhanced by Hoffman’s infinitely expressive growl.

Did he enjoy making it? “I can’t bear it,” he laughs, genial and twinkly, sitting on a sofa in the lounge of a hotel, and wondering whether the tree outside is, in fact, a sculpture by Ai Weiwei, whose show at the Royal Academy in London he recently enjoyed. “There was five years between 2 and 3 and it’s: ‘Oh God, they’re doing another one.’” Hoffman would much have preferred to be voice-acting in a room with his co-stars, including Jack Black and Angelina Jolie, but instead was sitting in a booth on his own with the director. “It was like my first day of acting class for the next four months.”

Now 78, Hoffman often harks back to his roots. People like him – short, Jewish, a bit odd-looking – weren’t supposed to be film stars when he was growing up. “In a sense, that lack of diversity was around then – in my day, if you didn’t look like Tab Hunter or Troy Donahue …” Born in Los Angeles but feeling like a New Yorker (his classmates would ask if he came from New York when he’d never even been there), Hoffman finally arrived in the city aged 20 to get his acting career off the ground. “There was a good deal of antisemitism in Los Angeles, and I thought of New York as being somehow more assimilated,” he says.

Hoffman knew he was in the right place as soon as he got off the bus and saw someone urinating against a car in broad daylight. “I thought: yes, I’m not in a plastic environment any more,” he says. But the 10 years that followed were hard. It took five attempts before he was accepted into Lee Strasberg’s Actors Studio, and as he tried to get his acting career off the ground – alongside friends and flatmates Robert Duvall and Gene Hackman – Hoffman did a range of odd jobs including working in a psychiatric hospital, sales assistant in Macy’s toy department and weaver of Hawaiian garlands.

Hoffman says that acting has always been riven with inequality. “There were two papers, Backstage and Showbiz, you got to try to get a job. It would list the parts available, and they would say: ‘Leading men, leading women, leading juveniles, leading ingénues; character leading men, character ingénues, character juveniles” – that was the funny-looking semitic guy. That meant you weren’t good-looking, and good-looking meant white Anglo-Saxon protestant.”

So Hoffman abandoned any hopes of glamour (though as acting purists, he, Hackman and Duvall disdained the idea anyway) and played acclaimed stage roles including a paranoid Russian clerk in The Journey of the Fifth Horse, a drone-style factor worker in Eh? and in the off-Broadway show Harry, Noon and Night, “a German Nazi homosexual with a hump and a limp. I read that and said ‘That’s the part for me!’”

Yet, despite all his predictions, in his phrase he “plummeted to stardom” aged 30 when Mike Nichols cast him in The Graduate. “Nichols chose to give this short, funny-looking Jewish guy the role usually reserved for a tall, handsome protestant,” says Hoffman, who still seems amazed by the memory. The film seemed to sum up the uncertainties of America’s youth as the country plunged deeper into Vietnam and its huge success caused a paradigm shift – no longer did leading men have to look like Robert Redford.

Hoffman agrees that The Graduate’s success is a salutary reminder to the film industry of today that it takes bold creative decisions to bust apart conventional wisdom and make films that reflect real people’s lives. However, he’s sceptical about the movies’ ability to tackle racism. “I don’t think that’s ever going to go away,” he says. “I think there’s always going to be some kind of bigotry or some kind of racism. There has to be, because people can’t feel that they have any hero qualities unless there’s someone beneath them.” He laughs.

Does that account for the rise of Donald Trump?

“It’s not that he’s there, it’s that he has a following that’s more disturbing,” says Hoffman. “He fell in at this moment when the majority of the Republican electorate feel, as they say, betrayed by their own party. He’s not that original – we’ve seen people throughout our lifetime that are Donald Trumps. He does have a charisma, but so does the guy selling you a watch on the corner and telling you that it’s a Rolex.”

The Graduate’s success put Hoffman in turmoil. “Yes, it was different to be walking down Fifth Avenue with a girl with beautiful breasts come up to you and say, ‘Sign me’ – that did not happen before,” he chuckles. Never the most relaxed of characters, he decided to give up film. “The truth of it is that I got a lot of crappy parts offered to me and I didn’t want to make movies any more; I wanted to go back to the theatre.” He waited a year before taking his next film role – Ratso Rizzo in Midnight Cowboy, a seedy if avuncular conman diametrically opposed to Benjamin Braddock, youthful paramour of Mrs Robinson – and much more, he says, like the real Dustin Hoffman.

“I was closer to Ratso Rizzo when I was going to school – that’s what I felt like. I was an outsider, on the periphery looking in. And when I came to New York I did all those odd jobs, and if you’re cleaning toilets for a living you’re not that far from being Ratso so it wasn’t that difficult a part.”

It was, of course, another classic, setting up Hoffman for a career of incredible versatility, though insecurity seems to gnaw at him even today. “I have never been, I guess, a signature actor,” he frets. “Certain actors have a really dominant personality – we go to see Jack Nicholson and I don’t think anyone ever went to see me, they went to see me doing a part. I always wanted to be a signature actor! I’d love to be Jack Nicholson.”

Over the 70s and 80s Hoffman became famous for his exacting standards, which sometimes put him on a collision course with directors, while his method acting on Marathon Man – staying up all night to get into the mindset of a student on the run from a Nazi – supposedly prompted co-star Laurence Olivier to enquire: “Why don’t you try acting, dear boy?”

Hoffman says the anecdote has been misinterpreted – he and Olivier were great friends. “It was told with great irony, because as his wife Joan Plowright said, [playing Hamlet] he jumped off the third storey to kill one of the guys that Hamlet kills, and any moment he could have broken his neck! He was always looking to do something that hadn’t been done before, so he said it with a bit of wry amusement.”

Hoffman still cares deeply about his work, and worries that film may go the way of the printed newspapers he celebrated in All the President’s Men. “There’s a temporariness if they’re not Star Wars or things of that ilk. What do they call all those TV formats now? Streaming? That’s where we’re going. We’re on the way out.”

He doesn’t even seem soothed by the fact that his classics are in the National Library of Congress. “You’ll have to go there to see it, though! I’ve made a couple of films recently that haven’t been able to get distribution or that have really had a hard time. One, The Program, Stephen Frears directed it about Lance Armstrong and, my God, that’s been finished for over a year and they’re having trouble getting distribution – and it’s a well-done film. It’s tough.”

Having worked in Hollywood for such a long time, Hoffman is well-placed to say whether or not progress has been made towards equality. “There’s a lack of diversity in women vis-a-vis men – it’s always been that way on the set,” he says. “Now you still shoot 35mm film, mostly I’m aware of the fact that the lowliest camera assistant is usually a woman and her job, ironically, is usually to carry the magazines of film, which are very heavy. It seems always to go to the woman – she’s given the worst job.”

At the other end of the scale, he says, few female actors have been given a fighting chance if they’re not conventionally beautiful. “That’s taken a long time,” says Hoffman, citing Lena Dunham and Rebel Wilson. “It has taken this long to have leading women who are not … the cover of a magazine.”

Then there’s the dearth of female directors, which Hoffman says is simply down to sexism – though he points out Kung Fu Panda 3 was co-directed by a woman, Jennifer Yuh.

He remembers the 1973 documentary Visions of Eight, filmed at the Olympics in Munich the year before, in which eight directors took a subject each. One was a woman, Mai Zetterling, who concentrated on weightlifters. “She was asked: ‘What did you know about weightlifting?’ and she said, ‘Nothing, but I know something about passion.’ And I’ve never forgotten that. And they were first-rate directors and her [segment] was by far the most interesting. The next question is how many talented women didn’t get the chance to direct because of their gender. Probably quite a few, and the question is why?”

Hoffman says his feminist consciousness was raised by Tootsie, in which he played an actor who is forced to adopt a new identity as a woman to get a role on a soap: being ignored as an average-looking woman, he said, made him realise how many women he’d also give short shrift because they didn’t match up to society’s ideal standards of beauty. “You realise you’ve been told a lie and you have accepted the lie and you have lived the lie, and that changed me.” The film was also recently voted by actors the best of all time. Actors, says Hoffman, “saw it on a level that the rest of the public didn’t” – one that reveals the true horror of auditioning.

It’s at this point that a publicist chimes in to tell us that we need to wrap up the interview. “He’s in the middle of a question for God’s sake!” says Hoffman, mock-outraged. “How crude and rude – and you’re a woman! You should have more sensitivity than to interrupt.”

So who’s the best actor of all time? Hoffman doesn’t believe in the concept, but he believes in best performances. “The first one that comes to mind – he just got an Oscar, I heard – Mark Rylance. His Jerusalem, my God. I said: ‘What is that?’ When you see something that transforms everything that you’ve been doing for a living … I mean, you’re an actor but that goes beyond. He was doing something larger.” Equally stunning, says Hoffman, was Simon Russell Beale as Hamlet. “He was unkempt, he was heavy, he played him like a real loser, which I think Shakespeare wrote, and I thought he had an essence. Then it came to ‘To be or not to be’ and he came to the lip of the stage and he said: ‘To be …’”

Hoffman gets up, and just for me performs Russell Beale performing Hamlet. “And he held it until there wasn’t a person in the audience that was breathing and it was as if he had collected everyone to the very essence of what he was saying. ‘… or not to be.’ And I thought, ‘Woah.’ I got goosebumps. He still kept the iambic pentameter but it just got inside something that no-one else had done before. Great acting, I do love it.” And, he says, despite niggles – a torn rotator cuff, back injuries and waning ability to remember people’s names, he’ll be doing it for as long as he’s able.

NVBkboQl.jpg

Thousands flock to Indonesia for total solar eclipse. About 10,000 tourists are expected to join 100,000 Indonesians hoping to catch a glimpse of the only total solar eclipse of 2016. The moon will begin moving across the sun on Indonesia’s main western island of Sumatra at around 6:20 am (2320 GMT Tuesday), before the eclipse sweeps across Sulawesi and Borneo, then moves over the Malukus and heads out into the ocean.

8iiCSqil.jpg

Orenburg Reserves, Russia. Przewalski horses, born at a reserve in the south of France, spend their first winter in the snow at a horse reintroduction project. The animals were extinct in the wild 20 years ago
Photograph: Tatjana Zharkikh.

Wishing you all a great Monday morning, afternoon, evening and good luck for tomorrow ! 8dOmi6C.gif
Thalestris avatar
Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 18:34
Hi everybody ! And so it's International Women's Day today, no kidding, but reading the headlines you just wonder if it really is.. One thing is sure is that there's a long way to go till we can actually celebrate something on International Women's Day. Apart from that, I've added this short article. Plus some trailers , 1 of them is new and the others aren't. So here we go.

Y2jkav4l.png

The Exorcist TV series - Geena Davis joins the cast

With the TV reboot of The Exorcist finding its director last month in the form of Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes' Rupert Wyatt, the focus has now turned to the casting. Various roles have been filled in the last few days, with Geena Davis the most recent and the highest-profile name to sign up. Alfonso Herrera, Ben Daniels, Brianne Howey, Hannah Kasulka and Kurt Egyiawan are also on the roster.

You might assume that Davis would be playing the Ellen Burstyn role of Chris MacNeill, mother of the possessed Regan, but this new Exorcist seems to be a completely different take on the story. Or at least, the names have been changed. So we find Davis as Angela Rance, "regal" but stressed about her family's circumstances, questioning her faith and suffering nightmares about a demon. Kasulka plays her daughter, now called Casey.

Likewise, Herrera and Daniels are playing the two priests at the heart of the story, but they aren't Father Merrin and Father Karras. Herrera plays Father Tomas Ortega, the compassionate padre of a small church. And Daniels is Father Marcus Lang, "an intense holy warrior carrying out an occupation that the church no longer acknowledges in public". The series will follow the mis-matched pair as they investigate the Rance family's problems.

The new Exorcist will be set in the present day, and the intended thrust - we're only talking about a pilot so far, with no guarantee of a full series order - is "psychological thriller" rather than flat-out horror. Fox is the studio holding the reins. Everyone's talking about this as being based on William Peter Blatty's original novel, but it's sounding like quite a loose adaptation at this stage. Blatty and original Exorcist director William Friedkin were reportedly working up their own new version a few years ago, but neither of them is even peripherally involved with this.

Jeremy Slater wrote the pilot's screenplay. Pre-production is underway with shooting due to start shortly.

ajBoRn7l.jpg

Girl, 15, raped and set on fire in India. Police arrest 20-year-old man after attack at girl’s home near Delhi that left her in a critical condition with severe burns.

wMKAJJwl.jpg

Ten-year-old Aboriginal girl kills herself in far north Western Australia. Child the youngest of 19 Indigenous people to take their own lives in remote areas of the state since December.

j9Kp659l.jpg

A women’s hairdressing salon in Yaoundé, Cameroon, with advertising for contraceptives. Many women in west Africa are unable to access modern contraception. Photograph: Alamy
Rise in use of contraception offers hope for containing global population. More women than ever use family planning, says the UN, and having one child fewer could dramatically curtail the global population by 2030. Evidence shows that women who have access to family planning choose to use family planning, often resulting in smaller families, higher educational achievements, healthier children [and] greater economic power as well as influence in their households and communities.

xQblj0Rl.jpg

Manila, Philippines. Presidential candidate Senator Grace Poe is surrounded by the media after addressing a rally to mark International Women’s Day. The Philippine supreme court ruled on Tuesday that Poe is eligible to run for president in the 9 May elections, overturning an elections commission decision to disqualify her
Photograph: Bullit Marquez.

Wishing you all a great Tuesday morning, afternoon, evening and good luck for tomorrow ! 8dOmi6C.gif
ange1 avatar
Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 19:04
Hello Thalestris and all :) thank you for that great news regarding The Exorcist series

I like Geena Davis, great actress. Oooh and regarding Peaky Blinders, you are most welcome, i know your a big fan of it and would be awesome if a movie is made.

I totally forgot it was International Women's Day till about 5pm. I remembered on Sunday then forgot till i saw the news lol

Wishing you and all a wonderful Wednesday :)
ange1 avatar
Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:19
ange1 wrote:
Hello Thalestris and all :) thank you for that great news regarding The Exorcist series

I like Geena Davis, great actress. Oooh and regarding Peaky Blinders, you are most welcome, i know your a big fan of it and would be awesome if a movie is made.

I totally forgot it was International Women's Day till about 5pm. I remembered on Sunday then forgot till i saw the news lol

Ooooh just spotted this for GOT fans as i love the show :) can't wait for this to return :)

Thalestris avatar
Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 18:05
ange1 wrote:
ange1 wrote:

Ooooh just spotted this for GOT fans as i love the show :) can't wait for this to return :)

Hi ange and thank you so much for posting this new trailer, I'll watch it as soon as I've finished this little post. I've actually found an article related to Peter Dinklage and I've added a few pics and some new trailers as well.

5lWQgf4l.jpg

Peter Dinklage wants your memories

Peter Dinklage needs you! The man who is Tyrion Lannister in Game Of Thrones is putting the finishing touches to his latest flick and is — Hollywood bullshit phrase alert — “reaching out” to the Empire faithful to help crowdsource his movie. But he isn’t asking for funding. Instead, like a human version of Rekall in Total Recall, he wants your memories.

Directed by Mark Palansky (who directed the actor in 2006’s Penelope), Rememory sees Dinklage play Sam Bloom, who witnesses the unveiling of a machine that extracts and records memories in their purest form and then uses the device to turn detective and solve the murder of the machine’s inventor Gordon Dunn (Martin Donovan). It promises to be a smart, stylish slice of low-budget sci-fi with a thought-provoking conceit at its centre.

“Memory plays tricks on us all,” says Dinklage. “You tend to romanticise things a lot or make stories funnier. This machine gets to the true essence of the memory, how it really happened and you are able to relive it.

"The movie deals with how healthy a device like that would be when it enables you to stay in those memories and not live in the real world. It’s very important to be in the present: there is no future and there is no past, there’s only now. It’s crucial we take hold of that.”

Yet what is unique about Rememory is that Palansky and Dinklage want to furnish the film with actual memories — specifically your memories. You can head over to the film’s website and submit short form videos, either existing recordings of old recollections or newly created, specially shot videos of new memories. Dinklage and Palansky will then review the entries and the best will feature in the film.

“Send us something you think is lovely or more importantly, keep it personal,” says Dinklage. “With iPhones and the technology we now have, everyone is capable of doing it. It looks beautiful when it is uploaded to film. I don’t want to apply any rules or guidelines to it at all. Do what you feel touches you.”

A twinkle forms in his eye.

“I’m sure half of these we won’t be able to be use because they will probably be pretty blue. You know what? Those will be fun to watch too!”

If you want to submit a memory — keep it clean if you want to feature in the finish film — head on over to therememoryproject.com. The film has wrapped principal photography (“Mark is deep in post production now,” suggests Dinklage. “Hopefully I didn’t ruin it.”) so get making those memories pronto.

Ceab4j6l.jpg

The moon is seen passing in front of the sun (top left to bottom right) during a total solar eclipse seen from Ternate in Indonesia’s Maluku Islands. Photograph: Bay Ismoyo

5gLZLtjl.jpg

Islamabad, Pakistan. A man walks with his daughter at a park where trees are in blossom for spring
Photograph: B.K. Bangash

Wishing you all a great Wednesday morning, afternoon, evening and good luck for tomorrow ! 8dOmi6C.gif
Thalestris avatar
Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 17:57
Hi everybody ! I hope that you all had a wonderful week ? So what's up in the world, apart from all the atrocities ? Well I read that article 2 days ago and I found it so dark and absurd that it made me laugh in the end.. Because in fact, it's true , what's left ? Wars, unemployment, financial crisis ... and none of us will reach 112 years, well who cares right ? So it's probably better just to laugh about the whole thing really. And I've added some pics and some trailers because I missed the new ones again ha ha ha. So let's go.

QralBFm.gif

(Fight Club)

Congratulations millennials, we’re totally fucked
How is Generation Y worse off than basically any generation ever? Let us count the ways

Congratulations, millennials. You may be young, pink-haired and wrinkle-free, but you’re also totally, inexorably fucked. Unless you’re a red-chino wearing management consultant who works in the City – but there’s only so many of us that can take that job, or so many of us that want it. We might be liberalising sexual attitudes, using technology to communicate better than our predecessors and democratising the worlds or art and music, but there’s one big problem – we have no money.

New research, obtained by The Guardian, has revealed what anyone who isn’t currently languishing in Alaska trying to access the Internet via a 90s-era iMac and a dial-up modem already knew – that our generation is pretty fucked. Among the grim headline findings were that in the US, under-30s are now poorer than retired people. As in, people who are working full-time have less money than people who aren’t working at all. In the UK, pensioner disposable income has increased at three times the rate of the income of young people.

Ironically, even as young people barely struggle to make ends meet, the elderly benefit from the fruits of our labour – with free bus passes and Winter Fuel Allowance going to all pensioners, even those who could afford to pay their own way. Why won’t this ever change? Because old people vote in elections way, way more than young people do – so no politician would ever strip old people of their benefits, as to do so would be election suicide. Meanwhile, millennials can expect to work until they’re 80 before retiring. Think you can't handle doing your shitty low-paid job until you're thirty, let alone 80? Time to suck it up (or find a rich boyfriend. Joking.)

And if you're still reading this and thinking, “hey, that’s no so bad, at least we have our youth”, we’re going to lay it out for you why Generation Y is being unfairly maligned by the mistakes of the past and the consequences in the future.

THERE’S A HOUSING CRISIS AND IT’S NOT GOING TO GO AWAY

Picture the scene. It’s 2030. You commute to your central London job from your flat-share in Zone 5. Zone 5 isn’t so bad, actually. You share your room with a night-shift worker and take it in turns to sleep in the bed. When you come in from your day shift, he’s getting ready to leave for work in the morning. Sound unrealistic? Not really, given that the average age of a first-time buyer in London is now 33 years old, and it’s only going to increase. Time to get used to sharing a set of bunk beds with someone you’ve never met before.

FULL-TIME JOBS ARE BECOMING A THING OF THE PAST

In the future, everyone will be freelance. One study estimates that, by 2020, more than 40% of the American workforce will be freelance. What’s wrong with that? I hear you say? What could be better then never having to commute to work and working in your pyjamas every day? Well, a lot of things, actually.

As a former freelancer, I can tell you freelance life is stressful. You know what freelancers don’t have? Weekends. You know why? Because if you’re not working, you’re not earning. Ditto bank holidays, maternity pay, holiday leave, sick leave, time off for doctor’s appointments or even just the opportunity to pull a good old-fashioned sickie once in a while. You know what freelancers struggle to get? Mortgages (like you’ll need one anyway, lol). The movement towards a freelance economy is not a positive thing – it means more power in the hands of employers, and less in the hands of the workforce.

EDUCATION IS GETTING MORE EXPENSIVE

You know all those pensioners who are currently spending their Winter Fuel Allowance on new 9-irons or putting it towards their time-shares in the Algarve? You know what they didn’t pay for? Their university educations. For today’s generation, university education is fast becoming an unaffordable dream. Tuition fee increases; scrapping maintenance loans, axing student grants. Much better to just lie on your C.V. and hope you don’t get caught.

THERE PROBABLY WON’T BE AN NHS TO LOOK AFTER US WHEN WE’RE OLD

This may sound fanciful, but at the rate the Tories are haemorrhaging student doctors to sunnier climes while secretly privatizing the NHS, changes are we’ll all die in pauper’s hospitals, coughing up the fumes we inhaled on our arduous 15-hour commutes to our freelance places of work. On the plus side, if we all die young we won’t have to worry about our non-existent pensions running out.

CLIMATE CHANGE MEANS THAT THE WORLD’S PROBABLY FUCKED ANYWAY

One day, we’ll watch Armageddon in schools not to marvel at how Bruce Willis once had hair, but as a grim prophecy of exactly what’s going to happen to the planet for our children and children’s children. To be honest, by then life will be so bleak that we’ll all just be praying for an asteroid to put us out of our misery, anyway.

4udRXB1l.jpg

Sendai, Japan. A woman throws flowers into the sea in memory of victims of the 2011 earthquake and tsunami Photograph: Toru Yamanaka

48WusuQl.jpg

Warthogs living in Uganda’s Queen Elizabeth national park have learned to rid themselves of annoying ticks by seeking out the grooming services of some accommodating neighbours – a group of mongooses looking for snacks. Photograph: A.Plumptre

tjgdf8cl.jpg

A group of Australian little red flying foxes - tree-dwelling bats - hang from a branch.
Photograph: Dr Leonie Valentine

PEdq5icl.jpg

Wildflowers bloom around a shrub in Death Valley, California. A rare “super bloom” in the hottest and driest place in North America, is attracting tourists from all over the world.
Photograph: Jae C. Hong

Wishing you all a great week end ! eYSIDPr.gif

Thalestris avatar
Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 17:45
Hi everybody ! I thought that I would make a little post to wish you all a great week end ! Here, it's spring at last, the sun is back ! I haven't read anything particularly interesting today ,but I just spotted that review. it's not everyday that you read such a good review regarding a comedy, that sounds promising indeed. We certainly all need to laugh these days, don't we ? And I've added a few indie movie trailers for a change, so let's go.

Everybody Wants Some!! review: Richard Linklater's new college comedy is infectious fun

Linklater’s loose and hilarious followup to Boyhood should make stars out of its charismatic male leads

This is the best day of my life – until tomorrow,” says McReynolds (Tyler Hoechlin), one of the college baseball players that populate Richard Linklater’s Everybody Wants Some!!, aptly summing up the endless party vibe of the riotous comedy.

Following his defining opus Boyhood, Linklater has cut loose to deliver his most purely pleasurable effort since 1993’s Dazed and Confused. Fittingly, he’s billed his latest as a “spiritual sequel” to that classic high school comedy. Watching Everybody Wants Some!!, it’s clear why.

Dazed and Confused, set in the late 70s, centered on a rowdy crew of teenagers celebrating the last day of high school. Taking place a few years later in the 80s, Everybody Wants Some!! shifts the action to the week leading up to the first day of college for Jake (Blake Jenner), a promising pitcher starting his freshman year at a Texas university.

Jake is called out for being the quiet type by Beverly (Zoey Deutch), a fine-arts major who takes a liking to the newcomer. The same can’t be said for his team, who he’s forced to house with.

Immediately upon arrival at his new home, he’s hazed by McReynolds, a heavy hitter who can’t hide his disdain for pitchers. He fares better with his other housemates. These include Finn (Scream Queen’s Glen Powell), who scores with the ladies by claiming to have an average-sized penis, and Willoughby (Wyatt Russell), the resident stoner of the group, who tells Finn to reject to stay true to himself and “just be weird”.

An endearing romantic story develops between Jake and Beverly as the film progresses, but it takes a backseat to the parade of shenanigans the boys get up to over the course of their few days of absolute freedom. Going against the house’s two rules as laid out by their coach (no drinking, and no girls upstairs), Jake and co opt to go wild. When the group aren’t drinking or getting high at home, they’re out at the local disco club scoring with women, or crashing other house’s parties.

If the lads were insufferable misogynistic pricks, Everybody Wants Some!! would make for horrible viewing. Thankfully they’re all intensely lovable. Jake makes for a bit of bland protagonist, but he’s nicely balanced out by his outlandish teammates, each so clearly defined by Linklater’s subtly incisive screenplay.

Dazed and Confused made stars out of most of its principal players: Matthew McConaughey, Parker Posey and Ben Affleck were all complete unknowns before working with Linklater. If justice prevails, Everybody Wants Some!! will have the same effect on the majority of its male cast. Collectively, they’re one hell of ensemble, with Powell and Hoechlin as charismatic standouts.

Abhi121 avatar
Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 19:13
Author:
life-quotes-5-pictures.jpg
True .... ;)
Consider me back :D
[Prev]  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 46, 47  [Next]
Page 32 of 47   [ 691 posts ]

Forum Search

search in post message
  search in topic subject
Forum

Home - Browse Torrents - Upload Torrent - Stat - Forum - FAQ - Login
ExtraTorrent.cc is in compliance with copyrights
BitCoin: 12DiyqsWhENahDzdhdYsRrCw8FPQVcCkcm
Can't load ExtraTorrent? Try our official mirrors: etmirror.com - etproxy.com - extratorrentonline.com - extratorrentlive.com
2006-2017 ExtraTorrent.cc3