Hot torrents
H264 X264
View Torrent Info: Sing.2016.BluRay.720p.DTS.AC3.x264-ETRG
View Torrent Info: Vengeance.A.Love.Story.2017.720p.BRRip.x264.AAC-ETRG
View Torrent Info: Moana.2016.BluRay.1080p.DTS.AC3.x264-ETRG
View Torrent Info: Assassins.Creed.2016.BluRay.720p.DTS.AC3.x264-ETRG
Hot torrents
BluRay, 4k UHD
View Torrent Info: Passengers 2016 Multi UHD BluRay 2160p HEVC HDR10 DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Dont Kill It 2016 BluRay 1080p x264 DTSHD5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Warriors Gate 2016 1080p Bluray x264 DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Hunt for the WinderPeople 2016 Multi  Bluray 1080p x264 DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
Hot torrents
Television
View Torrent Info: Bates.Motel.S05E06.WEB-DL.x264-FUM[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Supergirl.S02E17.HDTV.x264-LOL[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Taken.2017.S01E05.HDTV.x264-KILLERS[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Quantico.S02E15.HDTV.x264-KILLERS[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Hidden.Figures.2016.1080p.BRRip.x264.Turkish.AC3-ETRG
View Torrent Info: Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham 2001 Bluray 1080p x264 DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna 2006 1080p Bluray x264 DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Yo-Kai Watch Movie (2014) x264 720p BluRay {Dual Audio} [Hindi ORG DD 2.0   Japanese 5.1] Exclusive By DREDD
30s
Chat
To add new messages please Login or Register for FREE
Warning! Stop Government from Tracking Your Torrenting!
Your IP Address is 54.144.250.128.   Location is United States
Your Internet Provider and Government can track your internet activity! Hide your IP and LOCATION with a VPN
ExtraTorrent strongly recommends using Trust.Zone VPN to anonymize your torrenting. It's FREE!
HIDE ME NOW

The Pirate Gazette (closed)

[Prev]  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 46, 47  [Next]
Page 33 of 47   [ 691 posts ]
AuthorMessage
SRIGGA avatar
Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 19:52
Author: Moderator
Welcome Back Abhi121 :) How you Been?
Thalestris avatar
Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 18:07
Author: Turtle
Hi Abhi welcome back !!! And Hi Srigga ! And hi everybody, I hope that you all had a great start of the week ?

So what's up in the world ? Apart from the disturbing headlines um ... I do try hard to stay optimistic about the future, but all this violence everywhere at the moment and this pain & suffering are obviously very upsetting. Anyways , I've spotted this great interview of David Thewlis only today, so again, my apologies to those who have read it already last week and I've added a few pics plus some new trailers so here we go.

n4w47zTl.jpg

David Thewlis on Anomalisa: 'The world is enormously dangerous and scary'
In Charlie Kaufman’s acclaimed new puppet animation, David Thewlis plays a depressed motivational guru who suffers a breakdown. He talks about love, death and the importance of being honest

When David Thewlis records a voiceover – chirpy earthworm, drumming aardvark, ads for Sainsbury’s – he generally gets the same feedback. “They say: ‘You sound quite angry, David’ or ‘You sound quite cynical. Can you do it with more of a smile in your voice?’” He grins. Now he can tell when others use the same tactic. “Estate agents, particularly.”

No such notes were necessary for Anomalisa, in which he voices a customer service guru called Michael Stone, spending the night in Cincinnati ahead of a telesales lecture: “Don’t forget to smile. Makes a person’s day. What does it cost you? Smile’s free!”

Stone is wildly depressed. He shuffles through the airport, the hotel lobby, the bar, his room, with a thousand-yard stare, grey hair, stubble and a tum. Resemblance to the actor – leggy blond in a natty hat, face all crag and twinkle – is minimal. That’s a good thing, Thewlis thinks. “Usually, people ask: ‘What did you think of the film?’ And you’re like: ‘Well, my nose was very big.’”

Still, Stone looks better than most. Everyone else in Anomalisa – bellhops, cabbies, ex-girlfriends – not only share the same bland features, but are voiced, without modulation, by the same man. Save one: Lisa (Jennifer Jason Leigh), also staying at the hotel, and whose difference Michael is smitten by.

What first floors you about Anomalisa is its extraordinary visualisation of what it means to fall in love, and then to watch the connection crumble. It vindicates the search for someone special – and warns that it’s loopy. (Sample lyric from the end credits song: “I’ll turn the corner and we’ll meet / And I will be no longer dead.”)

“I’m optimistic,” says Thewlis. “I believe it’s absolutely possible, but it might be or it might not have been in my own personal life.” He’s wary, understandably. Thewlis splits his time between houses in London, Paris – where his girlfriend lives just round the corner from the Bataclan – and Windsor, where his ex, Anna Friel, and their 10-year-old daughter, Gracie, are based. (The breakup was tabloid catnip; Thewlis has strong words for gossip reporters.)

“But if it’s the object of people’s lives, it can lead to enormous disappointment. I see people around me with very unhappy love lives, who may have held out for that perfect somebody. And the failure to achieve that brings along a lot of bitterness which is very unattractive; therefore they’re probably less likely to achieve it.”

In fact, Stone’s isolation is an illness, the Fregoli delusion (Fregoli is also the name of the hotel), which means the sufferer cannot distinguish between people. But the film has the audience in its crosshairs, too. Maybe modern life is making us all Fregoli-susceptible.

Oh yes, says Thewlis, absolutely. “I share with Michael an intolerance of that drone of platitudes. At times I’ve been that stressed out, that solipsistic, that disappointed, that lonely.” He likes that the hero is so awful: “That’s why he’s a bearable protagonist.”

More than bearable: Thewlis has never before been in a film with such rave reviews. Few actors have. Watching it premiere to five-star reviews at Telluride, Venice and Toronto was “slightly bizarre for a while”. That audience reaction was more mixed when it opened in the US was almost a relief, he says. “I noticed on IMDb that a few people were like: ‘What the hell’s this boring shit? He’s not a nice guy! This isn’t a feminist film! It’s not even a good Charlie Kaufman film!’”

Thewlis grimaces. He hates himself for even looking online. “I feel worse when I attend to it. I feel very Americanised because everything I’m reading is trivial stuff I think I’m too old to be concerned about. I’ve got a personal aversion to it.”

Ditto Kaufman, whose disquiet about the internet in part prompted Anomalisa. Thewlis, who owns 30 typewriters and has never used Twitter, agrees. “We didn’t need the internet for Nazi Germany to happen. But I feel like there’s this lack of humanity because of it.” He frets about climate change, terrorism, economics and antibiotic resistance. “The world is enormously dangerous and scary. I worry very much for my daughter. I’m not sure we’re in control any more, and I think the internet is partly responsible for that.”

Yesterday, he says, he was on a train, and everyone else was looking at their phones, rather than out of the window. “It was a nice day! That’s terrible. What have we become? This can’t be good for humanity. But then I thought: I don’t know what they’re looking at, actually. They could be reading Keats. Doing a thesis.” Plus, he did check his own email and was pleased he did. “And it’s quite a nice day – but it’s not that nice. And we’re going through Osterley, so …”

Thewlis was born in Blackpool 53 years ago. He writes about the town with skill and salty affection in his one novel, The Late Hector Kipling (2007). He went to the local comprehensive, disliked it for the same reason he didn’t want to follow in his father’s footsteps: repetition. “Dad worked in the same shop, behind the same counter, five or six days a week, for 38 years, and hated it.” So Thewlis fronted a punk band, Door66, who all enrolled at drama school as a way to get to London.

Discovering he was good at acting, Thewlis switched careers, popping up as Rodney’s cool muso pal on Only Fools and Horses, before his breakthrough in Mike Leigh’s Naked in 1993 as the jabbering, damaged, brilliant Johnny. He won best actor at Cannes and has worked solidly ever since, often accessorised with scrubby moustache to play gruff, possibly trusty coppers (Damage, Legend, Basic Instinct 2, An Inspector Calls), or, standing up slightly straighter, soldiers (War Horse, Resurrected, The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas, Kingdom of Heaven).

That Thewlis can carry off an overcoat has also led to a lot of poets, priests, olde worlde monarchs and dishevelled professor types – most lucratively Lupin, the teacher with a hairy secret in the Harry Potter films, who Thewlis played as a gay junkie until JK Rowling told him he wasn’t, actually.

“Harry Potter is very nice because it’s very easy to make children happy,” he says. “All you have to do is have your photograph taken with them.” It’s upped his visibility a lot, especially in Istanbul, where he reports the worst mobbing. Not that it’s ever that bad. “In London, people don’t really look at a 50-year-old man for more than a few seconds, if they look at all.”

He shared his final day of filming on Harry Potter with Alan Rickman, whom he first met in 1992, when Rickman filmed Thewlis’s wedding to Sara Sugarman, with whom Rickman was friends. “More than most actors he was very, very popular among other actors. Everyone had a lot of love.” He’s still shocked by his death; maybe even more traumatising was David Bowie’s.

“I found that surprisingly upsetting. I was driving my daughter to school five days after and a Bowie song came on the radio and I got all teary. She said: ‘Are you all right, Dad?’ And it was really hard to explain. As far as she could see I was crying over a pop star.” He mock-sobs: “‘I’m sort of crying for my own mortality really, darling.’”

No, there’s nothing in wait for us afterwards, he believes; that’s why researching religious roles was always the hardest: “I find real faith extraordinary. I can’t imagine what that must be like.” The point, he thinks, is just to be as good and truthful as possible.

“That’s one of the main things I’ve learned: honesty is paramount. The biggest thing I try and instil in my daughter. My deepest regrets have been to do with times that I’ve been dishonest. There’s nothing worse than getting caught out in a lie. It’s excruciatingly embarrassing. I’ve done that enough times to say: right, pack that in. It’s just a horrible thing.”

Now, he errs the other way, “almost obsessively checking myself at every point”. If he doesn’t want to do something, he doesn’t allow himself to pull a sickie. “Say you don’t want to! I find I always feel better for it.”

Thewlis looks well, less weathered than you would expect. For someone so strict about frankness, he’s mild, untroubling company. Any nerves seem borne of sensitivity for others, not his own eggshells. Unlike when he’s taping a cartoon, he never sounds angry or cynical. “I’m actually in a good mood today,” he says. “Life is perfectly fine and lovely.”

If it weren’t, he wouldn’t mask it? He couldn’t, he says. “If I’m sulking and you’re in my company you’d probably know about it, because I’m not very good at lifting myself out of the doldrums.”

But a smile makes someone’s day, right? Free, isn’t it? He shakes his head. It still costs you. A movie is one thing. A voiceover another. Putting a face to it is different. “Go to an event and smile and then cry afterwards? I’d rather not go.”

6aodADsl.jpg

More than a million Brazilians protest against 'horror' government
Widespread anger is targeted at Dilma Rousseff as the country grapples with recession and a major corruption scandal

mCVC6Hxl.jpg

Denpasar, Bali. A Hindu priest makes an offering to a dead sperm whale washed ashore on Batu Tumpeng beach. Photograph: Roni Bintang

Wishing you all a great Monday morning, afternoon, evening and good luck for tomorrow ! eYSIDPr.gif

Thalestris avatar
Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 17:54
Hi everybody, just a little post to wish you all a great Tuesday and good luck for tomorrow ! eYSIDPr.gif

PbhjLEul.jpg

February breaks global temperature records by 'shocking' amount
Warnings of climate emergency after surface temperatures 1.35C warmer than average temperature for the month

February smashed a century of global temperature records by “stunning” margin, according to data released by Nasa.

The unprecedented leap led scientists, usually wary of highlighting a single month’s temperature, to label the new record a “shocker” and warn of a “climate emergency”.

The Nasa data shows the average global surface temperature in February was 1.35C warmer than the average temperature for the month between 1951-1980, a far bigger margin than ever seen before. The previous record, set just one month earlier in January, was 1.15C above the long-term average for that month.

“Nasa dropped a bombshell of a climate report,” said Jeff Masters and Bob Henson, who analysed the data on the Weather Underground website. “February dispensed with the one-month-old record by a full 0.21C – an extraordinary margin to beat a monthly world temperature record by.”

“This result is a true shocker, and yet another reminder of the incessant long-term rise in global temperature resulting from human-produced greenhouse gases,” said Masters and Henson. “We are now hurtling at a frightening pace toward the globally agreed maximum of 2C warming over pre-industrial levels.”

The UN climate summit in Paris in December confirmed 2C as the danger limit for global warming which should not be passed. But it also agreed agreed to “pursue efforts” to limit warming to 1.5C, a target now looking highly optimistic.

Climate change is usually assessed over years and decades, and 2015 shattered the record set in 2014 for the hottest year seen, in data stretching back to 1850. The UK Met Office also expects 2016 to set a new record, meaning the global temperature record will have been broken for three years in a row.

One of the world’s three key temperature records is kept by Nasa’s Goddard Institute for Space Studies (Giss) and its director Prof Gavin Schmidt reacted to the February Giss temperature measurements with a simple “wow”.

“We are in a kind of climate emergency now,” said Prof Stefan Rahmstorf, from the Potsdam Institute of Climate Impact Research in Germany. He told Fairfax Media: “This is really quite stunning ... it’s completely unprecedented.”

“This is a very worrying result,” said Bob Ward, policy director at the Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change at the London School of Economics, noting that each of the last five months globally have been hotter than any month preceding them.

“These results suggest that we may be even closer than we realised to breaching the [2C] limit. We have used up all of our room for manoeuvre. If we delay any longer strong cuts in greenhouse gas emissions, it looks like global mean surface temperature is likely to exceed the level beyond which the impacts of climate change are likely to be very dangerous.”

A major El Niño event, the biggest since 1998, is boosting global temperatures, but scientists are agreed that global warming driven by humanity’s greenhouse gas emissions is by far the largest factor in the astonishing run of temperature records.

Prof Adam Scaife, at the UK Met Office, said the very low levels of Arctic ice were also helping to raise temperatures: “There has been record low ice in the Arctic for two months running and that releases a lot of heat.” He said the Met Office had forecast a record-breaking 2016 in December: “It is not as if you can’t see these things coming.”

Ed Hawkins, a climate scientist at the University of Reading, UK, said: “It is a pretty big jump between January and February, although this data from Nasa is only the first set of global temperature data. We will need to see what the figures from NOAA and the Met Office say. It is in line with our expectations that due to the continuing effect of greenhouse gas emissions, combined with the effects of El Niño on top, 2016 is likely to beat 2015 as the warmest year on record.”

The record for an annual increase of atmospheric concentrations of carbon dioxide, the main greenhouse gas, was also demolished in 2015.

Fossil fuel-burning and the strong El Niño pushed CO2 levels up by 3.05 parts per million (ppm) to 402.6 ppm compared to 2014. “CO2 levels are increasing faster than they have in hundreds of thousands of years,” said Pieter Tans, lead scientist at Noaa’s Global Greenhouse Gas Reference Network. “It’s explosive compared to natural processes.”

wvi1cxXl.jpg

The Turkish capital has suffered three huge terrorist bombings in five months, but received only a fraction of the sympathy and attention given to Paris. ‘In five months Ankara has seen more blood spilled by terror than many places do in a lifetime.’ A protest after a bombing in Ankara in October 2015. Photograph: Sedat Suna

XG5y9NHl.jpg

Marine archaeologists discover rare artefacts at 1503 shipwreck site. British-led team off coast of Oman find the Esmeralda, the earliest wreck ever found from the European ‘Age of Discovery’. A Portuguese gold cruzado coin found at the wreck site. Photograph: David Mearns/National Geographic Creative.

SRIGGA avatar
Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 13:08
Author: Moderator
Hey Thalestris :) i'm doing Very well. how you doing? hope everything is Good. Thank you for all the Great News And Trailers You Post here. Keep up The Great Job you do :) Have a Great Day
Thalestris avatar
Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 18:23
SRIGGA wrote:
Hey Thalestris :) i'm doing Very well. how you doing? hope everything is Good. Thank you for all the Great News And Trailers You Post here. Keep up The Great Job you do :) Have a Great Day

Hi Srigga, I'm doing ok as well, just a little tired today. And I'm glad to hear that you enjoy those posts , thanks for your feedback, have a great Wednesday ! 8dOmi6C.gif

And hi everybody, so what's up in the world, um ? Well I was going to post the interview of one of the actors of The Walking Dead, but I read that article just after, and I do love very much Harrison Ford so .. I mean, if he wants to play in another Indiana Jones, well what's wrong with that really... ?!!! I start to wonder about that society in which we must hide the old, the sick people ... And I've added a few pics, and some new trailers, so let's go.

v63TvLBl.jpg

Indiana Jones and the Tide of Ageism: why such a reaction to the fifth film?
The announcement of a new Indiana Jones movie, to be released when the lead actor is 77, has revealed an attitude to old age out of sync with society

There are many legitimate reasons to eye-roll at the news that a fifth Indiana Jones movie is in the works. The fourth Indiana Jones movie, for a start (2008’s The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, in which Shia LaBeouf was not the worst thing).

General franchise fatigue, for another: do we ever need a fifth instalment of anything? Surely Ford, Steven Spielberg (returning to direct) and Kathleen Kennedy (who’s produced these movies and Star Wars) have enough cash in the bank already?

Yet the bulk of the backlash to the announcement instead concerned Ford’s age: 73 at the moment, 77 when the movie will be released in late summer 2019. The Noël Cowards of social media were swift to deploy their finest.

It’s possible younger models to whom Ford will pass the baton are yet to be announced, but what seems clear is that this is not Indiana Jones: Origins – the route Disney are going down with their planned young Han Solo movie. Instead we will have Ford back, centre-screen, peering through a magnifying glass and hoping to get the better of anyone who holds nefarious intent for whatever long-buried treasure.

All of this can be done just as easily at 77 as 37. Indeed, it could also be achieved at 87. Just as academia is not a young person’s game, neither is archeology.

Granted, Indy is an action franchise, but its appeal isn’t really rooted in extraordinary stuntwork by its leading man. Rather, it lies in Ford’s grizzled charisma, a large part of which involves being reluctant to whip off his top to display unnaturally pumped ageing pecs (unlike fellow geriaction heroes Arnie, Sly and Sean Penn).

We love Ford for his slow, sly grin and his easy loping; for his faint, distrait air of not wanting to be there. He forever gives the wearied impression of not desiring to fritter his time away on this kind of claptrap – always an inherently elderly attribute, even when he was young. If Ford is back on board, one has faith in the project – a trust he risked squandering with Crystal Skull, but rebuilt in fine style with The Force Awakens.

But the social-media scoffing also belies a basic misapprehension about how the world works – borne, perhaps, from a desire among millenials to feel they are wresting agency away from their elders – as well as common-or-garden prejudice.

No-one questions the return of Spielberg, who’ll be at least 70 by the time they shoot. Yet of course with insurance and stuntmen, the lot of the director is likely to be far more physically taxing than that of his leading man.

And no-one seems to have noticed that the main news story in America this year concerns a showdown between a 68-year-old, a 69-year-old and a 74-year-old, all of whom are vying for a job that will consume the next four years – perhaps eight.

So maybe among the young, who pride themselves on their inclusivity, such ageism does not, in fact, extend to politics.

Cause for celebration? Perhaps. But this also means that the real seed of its determined emergence over the past day in reaction to the idea of a man approaching 80 cutting the mustard on-screen is simple vanity. And that is yet more depressing.

DBfWG6el.jpg

Ukraine risks polio spreading as it delays licensing new vaccine. World Health Organisation warns failure to replace old polio vaccine when it is destroyed next month will lead to uninoculated children spreading virus.

BP7v5gel.jpg

Malta gives go ahead to shooting of 5,000 endangered turtle doves. Conservationists urge EU to take action against Malta for continuing the spring hunt despite the birds recently being added to ‘red list’ of species at risk of being wiped out.

CVKdNR2l.jpg

New York City eases public drinking and urination laws before St Patrick's Day. NYPD will issue summonses instead of arresting people for ‘quality of life’ violations as critics say initiative does not do enough to decriminalize offenses.

Wishing you all a great Wednesday and good luck for tomorrow !

ange1 avatar
Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 09:59
Author: ModeratorET lover
Hello Thalestris and all :) thank you for all the great news and trailers :) Some great ones to look forward to :) OOOh hello Abhi :) welcome back, nice to see you i do hope your well :)

Have a great Thursday all :)

Sorry forgot to make a note on this... Babesiosis Disease caused by ticks that are rare in Britain but have been found and killed one dog :( All dog owners have been warned to check their dogs for any ticks and keep up to date with anti tick treatment. Unfortunately there is no Vaccine in the UK :( i hope they can find one as soon as possible.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/killer-dog-disease-babesiosis-discovered-in-essex-could-spread-across-uk-a6933826.html
Thalestris avatar
Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 18:07
Hi ange, thanks for telling us about that disease, um, I had no idea, I'll read this article soon. 8dOmi6C.gif And hi everybody, I hope that you all had a great week so far ? And what's up in the world.. Well I did read those disturbing headlines John Kerry: Isis is committing genocide in Syria and Iraq.The US secretary of state said extremist group is responsible for acts of genocide against Christians, Yazidis and Shia Muslims amid mounting global pressure and I was thinking again about all those poor people from Syria caught between Assad's dictatorship and Isis... I mean sometimes we do wish that we could be all saved by superheroes.. But hell is on Earth really. So I'll try to cheer us all up a little bit with this article , and I've added some pics and just a few trailers and a music video, so let's go.

iEA1lPEl.jpg

Hidden rooms at tomb of Tutankhamun raise hopes of new treasures.
Radar scans reveal two chambers adjoining boy pharaoh’s tomb, raising prospect of finding the resting place of Queen Nefertiti.

As even the least attentive school-age students of history will recall, Howard Carter’s discovery of Tutankhamun’s tomb in 1922 was the archeological discovery of that century. Now a find of similar importance could be soon unearthed – in a chamber directly behind that of the boy king.

Radar scans of Tutankhamun’s resting place in Luxor have shown a 90% chance that there are two hidden chambers to the rear of it, possibly containing metal and organic material, according to Egypt’s antiquities minister, Dr Mamdouh Eldamaty.

The presence of new tombs untouched for thousands of years adjoining one of the most famous burial places in history would be reason enough for excitement. But there is speculation that inside one of the chambers could be the remains of Queen Nefertiti, among the wives of Tutankhamun’s father and celebrated for a famous 3,300-year-old bust of her beautiful likeness.

The scans were conducted after a theory proposed in October by the British Egyptologist, Dr Nicholas Reeves, speculating that beyond Tutankhamun’s chamber could lie the tomb of Nefertiti, who died in the 14th century BC. Some Egyptologists have cast doubt on Reeves’s hypothesis that murals inside Tutankhamun’s tomb point to a much grander chamber beyond, and his certainty that this could only be that of Nefertiti.

Speaking at a press conference on Thursday, Eldamaty declined to speculate on what might be found, saying only that the likelihood of finding a new tomb was now greater than his previous estimate of “67% sure”.

“We can say more than 90% that the chambers are there. But I never start the next step until I’m 100%. Maybe it could be the lady of the family, as Reeves has said,” said Eldamaty. “But I think we could find Kiya, or Ankhesenamun,” referring to the young pharaoh’s mother and his half-sister.

However, he did stress the apparent significance of the news: “This would be like having the discovery of Tutankhamun again. It could be the discovery of the century. It is very important for Egyptian history and for all of the world.”

Analysis of the fuzzy, colour radar scans, taken at the site in November by Japanese radar specialist Hirokatsu Watanabe showed anomalies in the walls of the tomb, indicating a possible hidden door and the chambers, which lay behind walls that were covered up and painted over with hieroglyphics.

The next step, Eldamaty said, would be to find the exact dimension of the chambers, as well as the thickness of the adjoining walls. This could give some clue as to the nature, and grandeur, of the undiscovered chambers.

This would be done with more advanced scans at the end of this month. Only then, Eldamaty said, could thought be given to when a team might unseal any new rooms.

Any find would present a boost to Egypt’s rapidly declining tourism industry, stymied by years of political instability and the recent downing of a plane carrying mostly Russian tourists in the Sinai.

“The results are fabulous. It would be nice, as Dr Eldamaty said, to be 100% percent sure,” said Dr Salima Ikram of the American University of Cairo. “All of the Egyptologists alive now have missed out on Tutankhamun, so we want our own Tutankhamun! We want to be there, to experience it. We’re all terribly excited and rooting for it containing as much as possible.”

But even the discovery of new treasures would not be the end of the debate. “The whole thing presents a challenge to decide what to do,” explained archaeologist Michael Jones, of the American Research Centre in Egypt. “If they’re organic and metal remains, sometimes it’s best to just leave them in the ground. Archaeology is a process of controlled destruction. Unless there’s a real threat, the best thing might be to leave something where it is.”

Given the potential for the grave to be robbed and its contents sold on the illegal antiquities market, Dr Ikram disagreed. “If one knows that there’s something there, although in an ideal world we would leave some or all of it, given the fact that people know about it, I think it would be very irresponsible if we didn’t take the view of excavating this tomb and removing the material in a safe way,” she said.

Tutankhamun died aged 19 in 1324 BC after nine years on the throne. His tomb was discovered by Carter in November 1922 on a dig financed by a British earl, Lord Carnarvon. It took Carter nearly six years to excavate more than 5,000 objects, among them the king’s sarcophagus and celebrated gold burial mask.

Artefacts from the dig have since been shown around the world, including a famous British Museum exhibition in 1972 which attracted 1.6 million visitors in nine months.

Nefertiti, whose image was immortalised in a bust now on display in a Berlin museum, was the primary wife of the pharaoh Akhenaten. There is some confusion over the order of succession, but Akhenaten was succeeded by two rulers known as Smenkhkare and Neferneferuaten. The order in which they ruled is uncertain, but Neferneferuaten is thought by some to have been Nefertiti. Neither ruled for long, however, before Tutankhamun, who has been show by genetic testing to have been Akhenaten’s son, took the throne.

Tutankhamun’s tomb is in Luxor, in southern Egypt, the pharaonic capital in ancient times. Researchers are scanning four pyramids for undiscovered rooms. The project, given the literal name of Operation ScanPyramids, is expected to continue until the end of 2016.

WuOlsofl.jpg

SeaWorld decides to stop killer whale breeding program. Animal rights activists welcomed announcement, which would be effective immediately, after years of criticism over theme park’s treatment of captive orcas.

Wishing you all a great Thursday morning, afternoon, evening and good luck for tomorrow ! 8dOmi6C.gif
Abhi121 avatar
Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 18:53
Author:
Thanks SRIGGA , Thalestris & ange ... n hello all ... yea m very well n hope u all 2 :h ... n thanks Thalestris for such great videos n news ...
N here's a quote that I like very much ...
"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."
—Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
ange1 avatar
Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:26
Abhi121 wrote:
Thanks SRIGGA , Thalestris & ange ... n hello all ... yea m very well n hope u all 2 :h ... n thanks Thalestris for such great videos n news ...
"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

Hi Thalestris, SRIGGA Abhi and all :)

so glad to hear your very well Abhi and lovely quote :) Thalestris yes i do believe hell is on earth. Sometimes hard to see past all the pain that goes on all over but thank god there is still so much beauty and love :)
ange1 avatar
Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:33
ange1 wrote:
Abhi121 wrote:

so glad to hear your very well Abhi and lovely quote :) Thalestris yes i do believe hell is on earth. Sometimes hard to see past all the pain that goes on all over but thank god there is still so much beauty and love :)

oooh and forgot to add lol

Your very welcome Talestris on the article i posted, least i can do as you post so much for us, always keep us updated with all going on around the world. Had a chat with a vet yesterday, she said it is very worrying knowing that they don't have a vaccination for these ticks but warning all pet owners to be extra careful and check their pets more.

Wish everyone a great Friday :)
Thalestris avatar
Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 17:58
ange1 wrote:
ange1 wrote:
Abhi121 wrote:

oooh and forgot to add lol

Your very welcome Talestris on the article i posted, least i can do as you post so much for us, always keep us updated with all going on around the world. Had a chat with a vet yesterday, she said it is very worrying knowing that they don't have a vaccination for these ticks but warning all pet owners to be extra careful and check their pets more.

Wish everyone a great Friday :)

Hi ange, well I read that article that you've posted yesterday, it looks like a pretty nasty disease indeed.. I hope that it won't spread too much.

And I'm saying hi to all our ET friends !! It's Friday at last !! So I've spotted some nice things for you today to wish you all a great week end and I'll come back in here on Monday, unless I see something really interesting , but my brain needs some rest... So I'll probably spend my whole week end sleeping ha ha ha. So to begin with this portrait of Juno Temple who really shines in the tv show "Vinyl". And I've added some pics, because Spring is coming after all. And in the end, you'll see some trailers that I missed, plus a music video. So let's go.

B9JOvANl.jpg

Juno Temple: 'I’ve finally hit puberty on camera. Woo-hoo!'
She played a child in Atonement, a rebel in St Trinian’s – and has now finally come of age in Martin Scorsese’s Vinyl. She talks about famous friends, on-screen nudity and being a ‘quirky weirdo’

Juno Temple sits down in a Los Angeles coffee shop, a bundle of energy in a comfy tracksuit, headphones around her neck and waves of blond hair piled on her head like a pineapple. She orders an almond milk latte, and apologises in advance for any strange scratching that may occur, because she was bitten by mosquitoes during the night. “And there’s one bite on my back that is so bad, I had to scratch it with a fork to reach it. I was really getting my Baloo the bear on.” A fork? “Well, a plastic one – I wasn’t aiming for actual bloodshed. I once used a fork to comb my hair,” Temple says, “because there was a time when I didn’t own a hairbrush. I can’t remember what film I was shooting, but I was staying in a hotel in London – and the fork worked! I felt like Ariel,” she adds, wistfully, meaning the Disney mermaid. “God,” she says, seeing my fascination at these cutlery improv situations, “you’re never going to let me live forks down, are you?”

It is hard not to warm to the girl. I say girl, but Juno Temple is 26 and has been earning her own money since she was a teenager living in Somerset: playing Cate Blanchett’s daughter in Notes On A Scandal, and Lola, the child who is raped by Benedict Cumberbatch’s character in Atonement (and later marries him). Since then, she has lived in LA for seven years and acted in more films than seems possible, usually playing someone far younger than her real age. A boarding school girl (the St Trinian’s comedies), or a wild child with crazy hair (Linda Lovelace’s best friend), or an English rose with dewy pink cheeks and bags of sexuality waiting to come out.

Bafta gave Temple its Rising Star award in 2013, “which was so nice to get, because it was from England. I was like,” she does a lucky gasp, “oh, you still remember me! But I also think my little brother rigged it, by telling everyone at his school to vote for his sister. He’s a computer whiz-kid – he probably hacked in.”

Even so, Temple isn’t a household name, which might be about to change now that, as she puts it, “I’ve finally hit puberty on camera! I’m playing 22 nowadays. Woo-hoo! I’ve left boarding school. Baby steps. Before, I’d go for these auditions with an older guy and they’d go, nope, this looks like actual paedophilia.”

Her new 22-year-old character is a woman called Jamie Vine, in the American drama series Vinyl, set in the 1970s music industry in an edgy and exciting New York. Temple plays the lone woman working in A&R at a record label, trying to get her talent recognised by the men, who prefer to use her to buy drugs and make coffee. You could call her the Peggy Olson figure, except that she’s shagging, dealing cocaine and trying to invent punk in the first episode, so maybe not.

The show was dreamed up by Mick Jagger and produced by Martin Scorsese, with Jagger’s 30-year-old son James as the lead – a punk singer who gets tangled up with Jamie – so perhaps it’s no surprise that HBO committed to a second series mere days after the first one had begun, even if the critics were not totally convinced. Temple’s performance has been widely praised, though, and she seems absolutely in love with the whole thing.

Punk played a formative role in her own childhood. Her father is Julien Temple, the British film director who became friends with the Sex Pistols and made The Great Rock ’N’ Roll Swindle, Absolute Beginners, The Filth And The Fury and Earth Girls Are Easy. He also had a long career making music videos for, among others, David Bowie (Jazzin’ For Blue Jean) and the Rolling Stones (Undercover Of The Night), which leads me to ask Juno if she knew Jagger as a child. She is a bit vague on this, wary of being accused of nepotism. “I don’t remember having hung out with Mick before. Maybe when I was like…” She gestures the height of a small child. “But my dad speaks so highly of him. Me and Jimmy Jagger had a lot of mutual friends back in London, but our paths had never crossed. We’ve become very good friends now, though. He’s like family.”

She stresses that she had to audition. “I did a tape and then, yeah, I had to go and read for Marty [Scorsese]. It was at the Beverly Hills hotel and it was very quick. His direction is so specific. Down to your body language while you’re saying one word. It’s very rare that he’ll just say, ‘OK, let’s go again’, like someone else would. It was one of those moments when you’re just, like, whatever happens, wow – to be 24 years old and in a room reading for Scorsese. I’m all right with that, you know?”

Temple then got to work with him for six weeks on the two-hour pilot episode, before he handed over to a series of other directors. “That was a shift for me, coming from film. I wasn’t used to working with a different director every time. In TV, it’s so much more about the writers, because they’re the ones creating the universe. The writers are the ones who know what’s up.”

When it came to research, she started with her father. “I picked my dad’s brains apart for this time period. Punk was truly a revolution – this thing that affected people’s cores, and these kids who were really pissed off with what was going on with the world. It gave them a chance to scream about it.” (Whether James Jagger took inspiration from his father is less clear; he has said he “took a little bit of Jack Ruby, a little bit of Richard Hell. Maybe a little bit of Iggy Pop – and then a lot of asshole.”)

Temple grew up listening to punk, still does – and, yes, she plays everything on vinyl. (As for new music, she loves Tame Impala.) “The fact that my character is discovering the beginning of punk, it feels like,” she squeezes herself a bit, “Dad would be proud!”

Has he seen it? “I took him as my date to the premiere. I was nervous, because I was, like, if he doesn’t dig it… And he loved it. He was the perfect date.”

Her childhood sounds so dreamy that I don’t know whether to seethe with envy or frantically try to give my own children the same experience. She grew up in a 650-year-old house near Taunton, Somerset, with her two younger brothers; her mother, Amanda, is a film producer. Rolling fields all around, ancient oak trees, a hedge that her father cut into a long upward slope so that Juno, who was obsessed with Alice In Wonderland, could run along it and pretend she was getting smaller and smaller. She spent her childhood in fancy dress, was always very independent, and from the age of nine would go on holiday with her best friend in the summer: “We’d fly on our own and meet people there.” She went to King’s College, a nearby private school, as a weekly boarder, “but my parents were down the road”. Then she went to the notoriously bohemian Bedales in Hampshire for sixth form (Cara Delevingne, Lily Allen and Sophie Dahl are all alumni), “and I loved it. Loved it.” To be fair, she does seem to love absolutely everything.

How did her parents feel about her working as an actor, at an early age? “Aw, man, they were bummed when I first told them. They were like, ‘Ugh. Ohhhh. You’re gonna be told that you’re too short, that your tits aren’t big enough. You’re gonna constantly be told the things that are wrong with you.’ As a woman in today’s society, you’re already getting that from all quarters. I think they were also, like, ‘You can’t just step into this and be good. You will have to work and you will have to fight for it.’ My mum sent me to an open audition for Notes On A Scandal, so I could see quite how many other girls wanted to do this. And I queued up and I got the job. That was my first ever audition, and my second was Atonement. My mum thought, ‘Fucking hell, well, surely it goes downhill after this?’”

It didn’t, even though, despite being blond and slim and pretty and white, Temple’s is not the cookie-cutter beauty Hollywood most likes. “Sometimes they might need that beautiful Malibu Barbie look, and that’s great, but sometimes they might need the quirky weirdo. And I feel, like, sometimes you get frustrated and you’re like… I would like to look more normal. If I audition for things, like playing a mousy secretary at the back of the room, I will straighten my hair, tie it up, no makeup and put glasses on. I think as an actor you have to embrace the fact that it’s not about looking good; it’s about zipping yourself into somebody else’s skin.”

As for her big hair, “New York is much more embracing of it. They’ll be like, ‘Woooaaah, that’s a great mane, man. Wow, lucky you!’ Whereas here in LA people are, like,” she puts on a deeply concerned voice, “‘Oh my God, what is that?’”

Directors do seem to like taking her clothes off, though. One year she went to the Sundance film festival and afterwards someone complained that he had seen her in three films and she’d been naked in all of them. “I was like, actually, no: in one of them it’s only side boob.” She adds that, “when you sign up to a film, you sign up to everything that’s in the script. I really believe in that. So don’t pansy out on the day. Don’t be half-arsed about it. Nudity to me isn’t that big a deal. I think if it’s necessary, it’s necessary. There are moments where it’s distracting and not needed, and I’ve fought my corner and said no, you don’t need to see my tits right then.”

Really? “Absolutely. Well, OK, in the Vinyl pilot, there you go, that’s my butt and there’s my boobs. The fact that we were naked in that scene to me made it more palpable, more raw. But I also think I’ve been penalised for taking my clothes off too much, for sure.”

Meanwhile, she is excited about what she sees as a female revolution in Hollywood. “You’ve got the Amy Schumers, she’s so brilliant. Also, how cool that most of the Oscars nominees this year were women under 28: women who are intelligent, really beautiful, really brilliant, and really real. I cannot wait for this thing that Amy Schumer is writing with Jennifer Lawrence. She did The Hunger Games in such a way that, to me, she felt like a heroine. Not a Hollywood version of a heroine.”

Then there are writer-directors such as Jill Soloway, who cast Temple in Afternoon Delight and went on to make the award-winning TV show Transparent. “Jill truly has set a bar for what it is to be a woman and, I’m just going to say this, discover your vagina. Own your ovaries. And, like, be a fucking woman. The fact that her writers’ room is full of transgender people, it’s like, Jesus Christ, she’s the real deal. When we were doing Afternoon Delight, she’d get so involved with some of the scenes we were shooting, she’d be in tears.”

I ask about a poker room scene in that film, in which Temple tries to seduce a room full of fathers, whose children she also plays with, whose wives she knows. It is both very erotic and very uncomfortable. “Jill does great things where she comes and whispers little secrets to you, so then you have a new motivation. But you don’t know what everybody else’s is.”

She has lived in Los Angeles for seven years now, all without a driving licence, walking everywhere, “which makes people think I’m crazy,” she says. Her house is a cute bungalow in Los Feliz, which her friends call the Doll House because “it’s very sweet, very girly inside, overflowing with vintage clothes and records, and on the outside it looks like I’m in deep Louisiana. I’ve got a great little jungle going on and all my friends come and have a drink on my porch, on the corner of the street.”

She recently separated from her long-term boyfriend, actor Michael Angarano, hence having to scratch her own back. It sounds quite nice being single, though. She loves Agent Provocateur underwear so much that she wears it “mostly on my own at home. It’s my heaven.” Years ago, she lived in a tiny flat next to their shop in London. “Living in Soho was bonkers. It was nuts. The apartment was probably the size of these two booths,” she says, gesturing around the coffee shop. “I lived with my best girlfriend and we shared a bed. She had a boyfriend, so when he stayed, I was on the couch, with a net curtain between us. It was my first little home. My friends came and stopped by. I was the go-to, and I had a constant bowl of Haribo on the table.”

For some reason I thought she was going to say cocaine. “No! I was dealing sour cherries and milk bottles. Soho has changed so much now. Oh, man. London is a grey city: grey sky, grey buildings, grey coats. The idea of living in the countryside in England is so much more of a turn-on to me, with that mad, blood-red soil when it rains.”

But she isn’t planning on moving back, unless Donald Trump wins. She might swap LA for New York, though, where Vinyl is made: she fell in love with the Lower East Side while researching her role. “I’ve been in LA for seven years, and everyone says that’s a good time to finish a cycle.” At the grand old age of 26, Temple says it might be “time for a fresh start”.

But now she has to leave, because someone is coming to collect the diamond ring she borrowed for the Vanity Fair Oscars party. “I asked if I could keep it and they said, sure, it will cost you $7,000. I’m so glad I did not know that when I was dancing around with it on. I danced so hard, I got blisters. You know those big, juicy blisters where you have to…” Get the fork out? “Exactly. You have to go in.”

nPLkyCZl.jpg

Madrid, Spain. Body painting artists perform a figure in the shape of a frog during the El Hormiguero television programme at the Vertice Studios. Photograph: Pablo Cuadra

k7XQ20Rl.jpg

Holi is a spring festival celebrated by Hindus, Sikhs, Jains and other religions. Indian sadhus, Hindu holy men, smear coloured 'gullal' powder on each other's faces. Photograph: Diptendu Dutta.

Wishing you all a great week end ! Take care, have fun ! eYSIDPrl.gif

Abhi121 avatar
Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 09:18
Author:
Hy Thalestris , Ange & Srigga and all .. hope everyone is having a great weekend ....
Thanks for great articles and trairles Thalestris .... and thnks for the news ange :) ....

here's a quote on an upcoming festival that is on 23rd of this month ......
1417.jpg

Thalestris wrote:
k7XQ20Rl.jpg
Holi is a spring festival celebrated by Hindus, Sikhs, Jains and other religions. Indian sadhus, Hindu holy men, smear coloured 'gullal' powder on each other's faces. Photograph: Diptendu Dutta.

Holi ... the festival of colours is celebrated with great love and enjoyment in all over India ....

And the pic that you posted Thalestris was taken from my hometown :D ...
and this video shows what happens on this day .. but its just 5% of it ....
So hope u all enjoy it :) ...

Thalestris avatar
Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 17:58
Hi Abhi , thanks for posting the quote and the video ! So I posted that pic a tiny bit too early regarding the Festival , I guess that you'll be enjoying it tremendously , it looks exciting indeed.

And hi everybody, I hope that you all had a nice week end ? So what's up in the world ? To be honest I didn't notice some unusual story to share with you ,so since I'm still a bit in a Spring kind of mood , I'll post this short article about Keanu Reeves, haaaaaa Keanu..iz3g1zf.gif And I've added a few pics and some new trailers and not so new as well. So here we go !

CFU9Mpnl.jpg

Why I love… Keanu Reeves. He is perhaps the Platonic ideal of a movie star. He is certainly one of the loves of my cinematic life.

There is a moment of pure beauty in the first 20 minutes of the 2014 thriller John Wick (I watched it for the first time last week; it’s great): a man lifts a tiny beagle pup and places her on a makeshift bed. But it’s not just any pup – she is the Platonic ideal of a puppy. And it isn’t just any man – it is Keanu Reeves, who is perhaps the Platonic ideal of a movie star. He is certainly one of the loves of my cinematic life.

Now 51, Reeves first came to my attention in the 1989 comedy drama Parenthood. His rueful delivery of the line, “You need a licence to catch a fish, but they’ll let any butt-reaming asshole be a father”, made me sit up and stare at him. And there’s a lot to look at: he’s a tall drink of water, with soulful eyes, a firm jawline (see Speed) and a warm smile (see Something’s Gotta Give). If I could, I’d take a nap in the depths of his voice (see everything).

Reeves is somehow reassuring, with an enviably serene manner. This makes people see him as wooden, but I think it’s actually more about a man who likes to measure his movements; a movie star who understands space. I could write an essay about Keanu’s walk: rangy and relaxed, but precise; the gait of a man who never needs to hurry. It’s why I loved him in The Matrix: Keanu Reeves seems to know exactly where he’s going to end up.

Some other things to love: his general eschewing of the Hollywood machine, his cliched male love of motorbikes, his acceptance of the weird “Sad Keanu” meme (based on a photo of Reeves eating a sandwich alone on a bench: just look it up). And the fact that he’s now shooting John Wick 2.

bRsdEIVl.jpg

Congo politician guilty in first ICC trial to focus on rape as a war crime. Court’s conviction of Jean-Pierre Bemba by command responsibility hailed as historic moment for victims of sexual violence.

F8v3DGLl.jpg

'The oppression is high': Cuban police break up protest ahead of Obama's visit. Confrontation highlights what is likely to be one of the most contentious issues of the US president’s visit: human rights and pro-democracy reforms.

B2yfk1nl.jpg

Nairobi , Kenya. A ranger in a stock room of ivory. One of the country’s most prominent conservationists, Dr Dame Daphne Sheldrick, has warned that elephants could be extinct within 10 years with 75% of African forest elephants having been slaughtered in the past decade. Photograph: Carl de Souza

wishing you all a great Monday morning, afternoon, evening and good luck for tomorrow ! cjqoNwX.gif

Thalestris avatar
Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 17:56
Hi everybody ! So .. to be honest, I wasn't sure that I would make a post today regarding the events, but I'm thinking if I just stay there crying in front of my tv set listening to the heartbreaking testimonies of the survivors , I mean, those terrorists , they will have won, because this is exactly what they are looking for, breaking our hearts. So I'll be just sending my love to all our Belgian ET friends as I do love Belgium , I've been there so many times, and I still have some Belgian friends...

zkLugOQl.jpg

and this is what I've chosen for today, that short interview of Jeff Nichols, plus a few pics ( Abhi, I've got another one for you here ) and I've added a few trailers. So let's go.

0M9qcxJl.jpg

Strange things happen in Midnight Special, the fourth feature film from Jeff Nichols. Little is revealed about Alton's (Jaeden Lieberher) background, but the urgency of the situation is clear: This 8-year-old with special powers is sick. He is getting weaker by the day, and his father (Michael Shannon) is desperate to save him. Along with his father's best friend (Joel Edgerton), Alton and his father go on the run, pursued by members of the cult in which Alton was raised, the NSA, the FBI, and the U.S. military. Nichols cites sci-fi films of his youth, like Starman, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, and E.T., as sources of inspiration for Midnight Special, but ultimately, the film is not about the supernatural or extraterrestrial; it is a love story between father and son. "When my son was a year old, he experienced a febrile seizure," Nichols says. "It was terrifying. It forced me to think about what it means to have a sick child and what it means to potentially lose a child. Midnight Special is my attempt to process those feelings and an expression of how I feel about my son."

EMMA BROWN: In the past, you've talked about Take Shelter representing your "very serious, very anxious side" and Mud as "a depository for a little more nostalgia and something that's not so dark." What side of you does Midnight Special represent?

JEFF NICHOLS: These films always represent several sides of my personality. In part, Midnight Special represents my love for this genre, but it mostly deals with the fear that goes hand in hand with being a loving parent. From a technical standpoint though, Midnight Special represents the culmination of an experiment with narrative structure that I've been playing around with since Shotgun Stories. I had a desire to try and remove almost all unnecessary narrative exposition from this story. I spent a lot of time building histories for all of these characters, and then I made a rule to never talk about any of it within the borders of the film. I wanted to see how much subtext would break through between the characters without trying to explain it all. It's a risky move that I'm not entirely sure will satisfy everyone, but my hope is that raising these narrative questions will activate the viewer's imagination.

BROWN: Michael Shannon has been in all of your films, did you always have him in mind for Roy? You've said in the past that you wrote the part of Son in Shotgun Stories for Michael Shannon before you'd met him, and that you did the same thing with Matthew McConaughey's part in Mud. Were there any parts in Midnight Special that you wrote specifically for actors you'd never worked with before?

NICHOLS: I did specifically write the role of Roy for Michael Shannon. In fact, that was part of the initial deal with Warner Brothers. It had to be Mike in order for me to make the film. I also wrote the role of Agent Miller with Paul Sparks in mind. The only role written specifically for a person I had never worked with before was the character of Doak, played by Bill Camp. He is one of the ranch members tracking Alton and Roy. I saw Bill in my friend Craig Zobel's film Compliance. I heard he was a great person to work with from friends like Craig as well as our casting director Francine Maisler, and they were correct. He's an exceptional actor. He's on my list now for sure. I keep a list of actors I think are amazing.

NICHOLS: We did a fairly exhaustive search throughout the southeast for the character of Alton. I was hoping for a result similar to what happened with Neckbone's character in Mud, where we found an amazing talent through an open search. However, Jaeden came directly from my agency at CAA. It felt too easy. I tend to resist "proven" child actors, but Jaeden is the real deal. He is so smart and intuitive that he seems almost otherworldly. It was the right fit for this particular part. I think he has a very bright future ahead of him.

BROWN: What made you choose Texas as the setting for Midnight Special?

NICHOLS: Technically, the group does stop off in Arkansas. Elden, the ex-ranch member they visit early on in the film, is scripted as living on the Arkansas side of Texarkana. So I was able to tag my home state base. However, I've lived in Texas for more than a decade now, and it was only a matter of time before it found its way into one of my stories. Unfortunately, we weren't able to shoot the West Texas portions of the film in Texas. New Mexico stood in for West Texas, which I thought turned out to be really beautiful. They have wonderful sunsets. Also, in regard to the Texas of it all, it seemed like the logical place to begin a chase film that ends in the panhandle of Florida. It allows the chase to stay in the Southeastern part of the United States, which makes me happy.

NICHOLS: I do. I like to think all of my films are hopeful. I'm hardwired to think that way. With Midnight Special, the remaining connection between characters at the end of the film is what is most important to me. In this way, it feels like a companion piece to Take Shelter. If Take Shelter is a film written by a man about to become a father, Midnight Special is a film written by a man who has just become one. From that perspective, how could it be anything other than optimistic?

tEQLgXFl.jpg

Brussels square covered with messages of defiance after attacks. Visitors to Bourse plaza have created hundreds of messages of defiance, comfort and solidarity in response to bombings.

8BGBLgol.jpg

Widows celebrate Holi in Vrindavan. Photograph: Harish Tyagi

YLQ8R4ml.jpg

Tokyo, Japan. A cockatiel drinks cherry blossom nectar at a park. The Japan Meteorological Agency confirmed on Monday that buds had started to bloom, five days earlier than an average year and two days earlier than last year. Photograph: Shizuo Kambayashi

Wishing you all a great Tuesday morning, afternoon, evening and good luck for tomorrow !

Thalestris avatar
Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 18:16
Hi everybody ! So what's up .. Ha ha ha ! Well, I had to make an exception today since we have a little gift here um.. I really wonder what it must be ... My apologies to those who have read this interview before and for the others , I hope that you'll enjoy. It's not a recent one, but I thought that it was appropriate. And I've added a few pics and some trailers, clips.. So here we go !

LME1qhkl.jpg

Making it and breaking it in Hollywood sometimes boils down to the next audition, the next fortuitous meeting, the next tape. A couple of years ago, Daisy Ridley was just one young actress making the rounds, paying her rent with wages made at a London pub, but then the magic happened. The west London native, youngest of five sisters, had recently wrapped a string of British TV roles when she got the chance to audition for a little sci-fi picture set in a galaxy far, far away.

From the moment news of her casting in J.J. Abrams's Star Wars: Episode VII—The Force Awakens hit last year, the then-unknown became an object of fan obsession. And, despite the deep secrecy with which the re-ignition of George Lucas's great saga has been treated, one gets the sense that Ridley is on the verge. What the world has seen so far of the 23-year-old, most of it in character, as Rey, a tanned warrior outfitted in desert garb, is just the beginning of the life-altering rise for the young actress.

But despite the action figures already being made in her likeness and the merchandise that promises to make her a household name, Ridley seems devoted to keeping her cool. As she tells her Force Awakens co-star, Princess Leia herself, Carrie Fisher, Ridley doesn't know exactly what's to come, but she's ready.

CARRIE FISHER: We finally made it into interview mode, our destiny. Where are you?

DAISY RIDLEY: I'm in the car. I just got back from the airport in Berlin.

FISHER: Why were you in Berlin?

RIDLEY: I was doing press there, meeting all the lovely Germans.

FISHER: Are they embarrassed with the whole thing with Volkswagen? They have to recall, like, 200 million of them.

RIDLEY: I didn't ask them about their Volkswagens. [laughs]

FISHER: I think you should. This is what I can teach you. This is how I make friends in foreign countries: Ask them about the biggest scandal since Fascism. Well, all right. I'm going to ask you questions, as the older person. Who were your role models as a child?

RIDLEY: Acting ones, or just people?

FISHER: I'll go with both. I feel like we're on Password.

RIDLEY: Well, my favorite film was Matilda [1996]. So I'm going to say the little girl [Mara Wilson] in that. I aspired to be like her. [laughs] I wanted to be a girl who could make a jug of water tip into a glass.

FISHER: Did you see old movies?

RIDLEY: My film knowledge is pretty shocking. I'm trying to correct that.

FISHER: I can help you with that. Not that that's what you really want from me ... [laughs] I actually did a show called On the Lot. I was supposed to be someone who knew about film, and I knew about two directors, and spent about three months watching every foreign film.

RIDLEY: Send the list of films you watched, and I'll spend three months watching them all.

FISHER: So what actors do you like now? Besides me, of course.

RIDLEY: Of course you. Carey Mulligan and Felicity Jones are two of my favorites. I'm not so much younger than them. I like that. It's kind of aspirational.

FISHER: And males? Any crushes?

RIDLEY: Not really! I've never been one for crushing on famous people.

FISHER: Cary Grant! Do you know who that is?

RIDLEY: Maybe I could appreciate the old-school film stars more.

FISHER: Because they were glamorous.

RIDLEY: Exactly. And mysterious.

FISHER: Actors today need to be too accessible. Who can have a crush on someone accessible? [laughs] The origin of the word romance is "not founded in reality."

RIDLEY: People have been asking me about crushes out of the original film, and I say you every time. They were like, "Is there anyone you particularly look up to?" And I'm like, "Well, Carrie, obviously."

FISHER: That's good. You didn't like Mark [Hamill] or Harrison [Ford]? This is the only time we'd ever have this conversation. [laughs]

RIDLEY: Of course, I like them both! But you're a kick-ass woman.

FISHER: I'm your predecessor, I think.

RIDLEY: Exactly. You paved the way for all the girls.

FISHER: It was my gravel! Girl gravel! Girl-vel! So what did they ask you in Berlin?

RIDLEY: Mainly I'm asked how I got the role, did I like Star Wars before, and am I ready for what's to come.

FISHER: And what do you say? Yes, yes, yes?

RIDLEY: I say, "I auditioned for the role because everyone did. I was there at the right time."

FISHER: You were telling me about it! You auditioned five times or something?

RIDLEY: Yeah. I liked Star Wars, but I wasn't an überfan like many people are. Which I didn't realize, actually, until this year. I don't know if I can prepare for what's to come because I don't know what will.

FISHER: How would you not be ready? How can you prepare for what's to come in life? You should ask them back. I would be interested in that answer.

RIDLEY: I mean, I don't know what's to come. They also ask if you guys gave us any advice. You didn't. Except for—

FISHER: Wait a minute! You said I didn't? You fucker! We were at that first party, that horrifying thing that I was always late to ...

RIDLEY: And you talked about stalkers?

FISHER: I said, "fans." I didn't just say "stalkers"! Fans are awesome.

RIDLEY: Oh, yeah. I have talked about that.

FISHER: The fan thing is amazing! It's quite a spectrum. What else did I say?

RIDLEY: I remember you saying that when you take pictures with people, you can feel their heart racing, and it humanizes them.

FISHER: Aw. I also said it's hard to date once you're a big Star Wars star because you don't want to give people the ability to say, "I had sex with Princess Leia."

RIDLEY: [laughs] Now I remember.

FISHER: Ah! I thought I shocked you. [both laugh]

RIDLEY: Someone asked me if I found it easier to date now because I'm in the film. I was like, "What the hell?"

FISHER: What a stupid question.

RIDLEY: Oh my God. I'm in the car right now next to a Jedi robe in a Star Wars shop. It's next to McDonald's and a kebab shop. How weird is that?

FISHER: So it's McStar Wars. I didn't know there was a Star Wars shop. I haven't seen myself as a wax figure. I guess you haven't either, so I'll be able to go do that, and then I'll give you advice. Like, "Bring a match." Or something.

RIDLEY: [laughs] Oh my God.

FISHER: That's good advice! Did you know they've come out with Star Wars Band-Aids?

RIDLEY: Are there?

FISHER: Yes, I just saw them. They sent me a Star Wars suitcase ... Daisy, will you do me a favor?

RIDLEY: Of course. What can I do?

FISHER: I want you and I to go to Vegas with all the swag and act like we're normal people carrying Star Wars suitcases that they just sent me-hats, dresses ... We will be put in a mental asylum, but it will be a very popular one after we get there. Will you consider that?

RIDLEY: [laughs] That sounds like the best plan, actually. I'm down.

FISHER: You think that's a joke! It's going along with being merchandized. You can't just merchandize us; we'll merchandize you right back! Have they shown you any little dolls of you yet?

RIDLEY: Yeah! I got sent some.

FISHER: How many are there?

RIDLEY: Someone said today there were four, but I'm not sure.

FISHER: Do they come with outfits and stuff?

RIDLEY: No, there's just one.

FISHER: Oh my God, you're going to be a Halloween costume. How do you feel about that?

RIDLEY: I've seen some really cute kids dressed as Rey. I love that.

FISHER: My favorite is when you see, like, a month-old kid dressed as you, so that it looks like the mother swallowed your outfit when she was pregnant, and the baby came out like that. Now I get to have someone to talk about it with—you!

RIDLEY: We can just go to Vegas with all of our Star Wars swag and a one-month-old baby.

FISHER: We'll have the best rooms in that fucking asylum. And we'll have the best doctors.

RIDLEY: [laughs] I can't wait.

FISHER: Oh, you're going to have people have fantasies about you! That will make you uncomfortable, I'm guessing.

RIDLEY: Yeah, a bit.

FISHER: Have you been asked that?

RIDLEY: No, they always talk about how you're a sex symbol, and how do I feel about that. [Fisher sighs] I'm not a sex symbol! [laughs]

FISHER: Listen! I am not a sex symbol, so that's an opinion of someone. I don't share that.

RIDLEY: I don't think that's the right—

FISHER: Word for it? Well, you should fight for your outfit. Don't be a slave like I was.

RIDLEY: All right, I'll fight.

FISHER: You keep fighting against that slave outfit.

RIDLEY: I will.

FISHER: I'm looking forward to your space kiss.

RIDLEY: My space kiss?

FISHER: You're going to have to have one. Every girl does.

RIDLEY: [laughs] At this point, we'll wait and see, I guess.

FISHER: This is what we'll really talk about in Vegas. Is your mom excited? Are your sisters?

RIDLEY: I think so. My sister loves the movies.

FISHER: She looks a lot like you, doesn't she?

RIDLEY: Yeah. People are going to think she's me.

FISHER: Oh my God. And Keira Knightley. You just ruined her career. [laughs] Oh! I just got handed some pajamas that neither one of us is on. I think we should really get upset about certain things like this. It's not sexist, but space-ist.

RIDLEY: When we're in Vegas, we should also do a campaign about the space-ist Star Wars films.

FISHER: Totally! Wow, we've got a big trip planned.

RIDLEY: We'll have a big billboard. It's going to take a while. ( 10/30/2015.)

4U5yxhNl.jpg

Bacteria could be speeding up the darkening of Greenland's ice. Greenland’s ice is melting, and scientists have discovered a photosynthesising microbe they believe to be responsible for accelerating the process.

nLePUCml.jpg

Badger cull: animal rights group publishes names of farmers. Stop the Cull says it has list of farmers who have signed up for next phase of cull and will name one every day.

jUbt6gkl.jpg

Thousands of widows join in the Hindu spring festival of Holi at Vrindavan in Uttar Pradesh, India. In many parts of the country widows are not allowed to celebrate Holi or participate in other festivals.

Wishing you all a great Wednesday morning, afternoon, evening and good luck for tomorrow !
[Prev]  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 46, 47  [Next]
Page 33 of 47   [ 691 posts ]

Forum Search

search in post message
  search in topic subject
Forum

Home - Browse Torrents - Upload Torrent - Stat - Forum - FAQ - Login
ExtraTorrent.cc is in compliance with copyrights
BitCoin: 12DiyqsWhENahDzdhdYsRrCw8FPQVcCkcm
Can't load ExtraTorrent? Try our official mirrors: etmirror.com - etproxy.com - extratorrentonline.com - extratorrentlive.com
2006-2017 ExtraTorrent.cc6