Hot torrents
H264 X264
View Torrent Info: Vengeance.A.Love.Story.2017.720p.BRRip.x264.AAC-ETRG
View Torrent Info: Moana.2016.BluRay.1080p.DTS.AC3.x264-ETRG
View Torrent Info: Assassins.Creed.2016.BluRay.720p.DTS.AC3.x264-ETRG
View Torrent Info: From.a.House.on.Willow.Street.2016.720p.WEBRip.x264.AAC-ETRG
Hot torrents
BluRay, 4k UHD
View Torrent Info: Passengers 2016 Multi UHD BluRay 2160p HEVC HDR10 DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Dont Kill It 2016 BluRay 1080p x264 DTSHD5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Warriors Gate 2016 1080p Bluray x264 DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Hunt for the WinderPeople 2016 Multi  Bluray 1080p x264 DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
Hot torrents
Television
View Torrent Info: The.Walking.Dead.S07E15.WEB-DL.x264-FUM[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Into.the.Badlands.S02E02.WEB-DL.x264-FUM[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Time.After.Time.US.S01E05.HDTV.x264-LOL[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Elementary.S05E18.HDTV.x264-LOL[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna 2006 1080p Bluray x264 DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Yo-Kai Watch Movie (2014) x264 720p BluRay {Dual Audio} [Hindi ORG DD 2.0   Japanese 5.1] Exclusive By DREDD
View Torrent Info: Dil To Pagal Hai 1997 BluRay 1080P x264 DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Ho Mann Jahaan (2016) TVRIP 1CDRIP x264 AAC [DDR]
30s
Chat
To add new messages please Login or Register for FREE
Warning! Protect Yourself from Lawsuits and Fines!
Your IP Address is 54.204.253.227.   Location is United States
Your IP Address is visible to EVERYONE. Hide your IP ADDRESS with a VPN while torrenting!
ExtraTorrent strongly recommends using Trust.Zone VPN to anonymize your torrenting. It's FREE!
Hide my IP address!

The Pirate Gazette (closed)

[Prev]  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 46, 47  [Next]
Page 35 of 47   [ 691 posts ]
AuthorMessage
Thalestris avatar
Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 16:48
Author: Turtle
Hi ange and everybody ! I hope that you all had a wonderful week end ? And I'll try to make that first post of the week quickly between 2 storms .. I keep my fingers crossed as I don't want to burn my router.. so what's up in the world um.. It would weird to avoid the headlines today, so obviously I'll post this article about The Panama Papers. To be honest, I'm just starting to discover the whole thing because I read also the French newspapers so.. and I've added a few pics and plenty of new trailers so let's go.

OKOZmi3l.jpg

What are the Panama Papers? A guide to the biggest data leak in history

The Panama Papers are an unprecedented leak of 11.5m files from the database of the world’s fourth biggest offshore law firm, Mossack Fonseca. The records were obtained from an anonymous source by the German newspaper Süddeutsche Zeitung, which shared them with the International Consortium of Investigative Journalists (ICIJ). The ICIJ then shared them with a large network of international partners, including the Guardian and the BBC.

What do they reveal?

The documents show the myriad ways in which the rich can exploit secretive offshore tax regimes. Twelve national leaders are among 143 politicians, their families and close associates from around the world known to have been using offshore tax havens.

A $2bn trail leads all the way to Vladimir Putin. The Russian president’s best friend – a cellist called Sergei Roldugin – is at the centre of a scheme in which money from Russian state banks is hidden offshore. Some of it ends up in a ski resort where in 2013 Putin’s daughter Katerina got married.

Among national leaders with offshore wealth are Nawaz Sharif, Pakistan’s prime minister; Ayad Allawi, ex-interim prime minister and former vice-president of Iraq; Petro Poroshenko, president of Ukraine; Alaa Mubarak, son of Egypt’s former president; and the prime minister of Iceland, Sigmundur Davíð Gunnlaugsson.

What is Mossack Fonseca?

It is a Panama-based law firm whose services include incorporating companies in offshore jurisdictions such as the British Virgin Islands. It administers offshore firms for a yearly fee. Other services include wealth management.

Where is it based?

The firm is Panamanian but runs a worldwide operation. Its website boasts of a global network with 600 people working in 42 countries. It has franchises around the world, where separately owned affiliates sign up new customers and have exclusive rights to use its brand. Mossack Fonseca operates in tax havens including Switzerland, Cyprus and the British Virgin Islands, and in the British crown dependencies Guernsey, Jersey and the Isle of Man.

How big is it?

Mossack Fonseca is the world’s fourth biggest provider of offshore services. It has acted for more than 300,000 companies. There is a strong UK connection. More than half of the companies are registered in British-administered tax havens, as well as in the UK itself.

How much data has been leaked?

A lot. The leak is one of the biggest ever – larger than the US diplomatic cables released by WikiLeaks in 2010, and the secret intelligence documents given to journalists by Edward Snowden in 2013. There are 11.5m documents and 2.6 terabytes of information drawn from Mossack Fonseca’s internal database.

Are all people who use offshore structures crooks?

No. Using offshore structures is entirely legal. There are many legitimate reasons for doing so. Business people in countries such as Russia and Ukraine typically put their assets offshore to defend them from “raids” by criminals, and to get around hard currency restrictions. Others use offshore for reasons of inheritance and estate planning.

Are some people who use offshore structures crooks?

Yes. In a speech last year in Singapore, David Cameron said “the corrupt, criminals and money launderers” take advantage of anonymous company structures. The government is trying to do something about this. It wants to set up a central register that will reveal the beneficial owners of offshore companies. From June, UK companies will have to reveal their “significant” owners for the first time.

What does Mossack Fonseca say about the leak?

The firm won’t discuss specific cases of alleged wrongdoing, citing client confidentiality. But it robustly defends its conduct. Mossack Fonseca says it complies with anti-money-laundering laws and carries out thorough due diligence on all its clients. It says it regrets any misuse of its services and tries actively to prevent it. The firm says it cannot be blamed for failings by intermediaries, who include banks, law firms and accountants.

R5oBFkyl.jpg

Marikina, Philippines. A schoolgirl about to receive an anti-dengue fever vaccine during a nationwide vaccination. Millions of Filipino students will benefit from the world’s first vaccine for dengue fever, a mosquito-borne viral infection. Photograph: Francis R. Malasig

IquHIYBl.jpg

Peshawar, Pakistan. People cross a flooded street on the outskirts of the town. At least 53 people were killed and dozens injured after heavy rain across north-west Pakistan and areas of Kashmir caused landslides and the roofs of dozens of homes to collapse. Photograph: A Majeed

Wishing you all a great Monday morning, afternoon, evening and good luck for tomorrow ! wXKMF1Q.gif

Thalestris avatar
Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 17:07
Hi everybody ! Well, I hope that I'll be able to continue to post in the nearest future, because my old laptop is really buggy these days and super slow as well um..I hope that it is going to make it. If you don't see me around anymore, you'll know what it means.. Anyways, so I didn't have anything to share with you in fact till I found this interview that I haven't read yet, but I just adore this woman so .. And I've added a few pics and far less trailers than yesterday. I think that I've been too greedy, so let's go.

E1WsAxYl.png

Susan Sarandon

In many ways, Susan Sarandon has managed to perform the unthinkable two-step in public life. It's hard to think of another living actress who more confidently and convincingly inhabits her roles without ever seeming to get swallowed up in them. Whether it's the tough, once-bitten waitress on the run in the seminal road movie Thelma & Louise (1991) or the fearless nun fighting for the dignity of a convicted murderer in Dead Man Walking (1995), Sarandon doesn't so much disappear like a chameleon into her characters as amp up their humanity, intelligence, resilience, and faults. As a result, her performances do something far more than persuade; they live. Each one is a ticking time bomb of empathy and hope and frustration. And let's not forget, Sarandon doesn't only play for awards season. She's also taken some risky and offbeat detours—The Rocky Horror Picture Show (1975), The Hunger (1983), The Witches of Eastwick (1987), Igby Goes Down (2002), Arbitrage (2012).

And yet, the 69-year-old New Yorker is the anti-Garbo off the stage and screen. She's never been one to keep silent about her political and social beliefs. She's been an extremely vocal champion and liberal activist for decades (against corporate greed and the war in Iraq, for the fundamental rights of women to choose what happens to their own bodies). If you want a public figure that will stick to easy answers and comfortable platitudes, do yourself a huge favor and don't call Sarandon. This spring, the world gets to see her in her latest role, a starring one. In writer-director Lorene Scafaria's brilliantly scripted comedy The Meddler, Sarandon plays an overbearing, not-very-deeply-buried live wire of a recently widowed mother who moves to Los Angeles to be closer to her daughter (played by Rose Byrne). Ultimately, it's more a search for meaning after loss and grief than a light comedy played for laughs. Sarandon has also been busy this season campaigning for Democratic presidential candidate Senator Bernie Sanders. In fact, she'd just returned from the Nevada caucuses this past February when she got on the phone with her friend, the writer (and everyone's personal hero) George Saunders. As expected, they went their own way.

SUSAN SARANDON: I can't believe you had time to do this. You're my dream guy, and you came through.

GEORGE SAUNDERS: We've been trying to sit down and talk for about three years. If this is how we have to do it, so be it. How are you?

SARANDON: I'm good. I left Las Vegas at about 4:30 this morning, and I just got to New York, so I might use more sentences than I usually do to express myself.

SAUNDERS: Well, I got to see The Meddler. I thought your performance was wonderful, so I wanted to start with that. And I should also say, I'm kind of a nerd, so whenever I get a chance to talk to an artist I really admire, I tend to gravitate to process. What I wanted to ask you about was this: your character, Marnie, could, on paper, be an unlikable character, someone who's a little pushy and maybe a little socially tone-deaf. But you made her so lovable and tender. Really, there wasn't a frame in the movie where I wasn't like, "Oh, poor thing."

SARANDON: She's based on the director's mom. A lot of it is their story, and I saw a little teaser after Lorene first asked me to do the movie, of the mom actually doing the opening sequence. I wore almost all of her mom's clothing—all those animal-print tops and everything. So when I first saw her, I thought, "God, she's so interesting and so well-meaning—what a character." So I just suspended my judgment and jumped. And then when I watched the first part of the film, I thought, "My God, she's annoying, she's so insane." [laughs] But the film was such a labor of love. Whenever you're in a project where the money is really small and the time is very short, people have joined in because they believe in it. So even though we really didn't have dressing rooms, everybody was working fast and furiously. There wasn't space to mood-up. I think Rose Byrne was just extraordinary. Talk about a character that could be really unsympathetic at times. She just jumped in these scenes that go from anger to hysteria to crying to laughing and back to anger. I just marveled. And we didn't have a lot of time to do a number of takes, so I was lucky to have so many great people all around me. You just feel free to do anything, because you know you're safe.

SAUNDERS: As a fiction writer, one of the things that really spoke to me was the way that the sum total of her personality was made in the juxtaposition of the really annoying moments with the moments where somebody poked at her for being annoying. It was the simultaneity of those two things that made her personhood complete. But you used a phrase a minute ago that I've never heard before, but I love. You said, "There wasn't space to mood-up." Explain that to me.

SARANDON: That's one of my little expressions. I never really studied acting so I kind of kiddingly talk about "building your circle" and "mooding up," because I really didn't learn any technique. But sometimes when you have to go into something, unless you're gifted and can just turn it on and off like a jukebox, you find someplace where there's nothing going on to get yourself into whatever state your character is entering into. But in this instance, we were in the director's old house that she'd sold to a friend, so there was no place to go, except a room that was filled with all kinds of equipment. So it's just trying to focus and get yourself in a place where you're not planning what you're going to do but just being open to whatever the state is that your character enters with.

SAUNDERS: I'm fascinated with actors, and I've never quite understood the process. Right before you're going to do something, can you rough out for me what your state of mind is? On what basis do you make the thousands of microdecisions with your face and your mind and your body that end up making us feel for somebody like Marnie?

SARANDON: I can't speak for other people, but for me, it never really worked to think something like, "What Beatle did she like in high school?" or those kinds of elaborate backstories. It never really worked for me to have long arguments about motivation. I think looking at your own life, on- and offscreen, you can motivate anything, or you can delude yourself into anything. Really, for me, it's important to know who's pitching and who's catching—just what that scene is supposed to accomplish in terms of storytelling. That being said, on the day, basically what you're trying to get yourself into an open place. And if the character is in a state of anxiety or vulnerability, you try to find some touchstone. I don't think you can plan. I don't like to plan. Very often, for me, acting is like loving; it's using the muscle that you use in loving, in that your heart feels open. Physically, you feel open. And so therefore your job is to enter, open, and listen. And see what happens.

SAUNDERS: It sounds like you're describing a high state of alertness to what is actually happening in that moment.

SARANDON: You have to take away the idea that something you do is right or wrong. I don't think there's a right or a wrong; I think there's an "it works" or "it doesn't work" for the whole. And that's why you need a director you trust, so you can just keep throwing out suggestions. And somebody can be the captain of the ship, which allows you to make big mistakes. That's how you figure out what works and doesn't work. If you always have to be watching yourself and judging, I don't think you're as free. I hesitate to direct even though I feel I contribute a lot on a set. But I feel it's easier to sit in the backseat and go, "Oh, yeah, let's go there." You're not worried about getting to the destination. But the guy or the woman who has to get you to the destination is worried about a lot of other things, so my job as an actor is to try as many things as possible, be as open as possible, listen, and keep my heart open. That's the joy when it all comes together and things surprise you, and you find yourself having a moment that you didn't count on. What I like about The Meddler style of movie is that it's a fairly lighthearted romantic comedy, but there are hidden moments where something happens that's unexpected, that hopefully have some kind of emotional resonance that you didn't see coming. I love when a film does that. That, for me, is what life is like; you're scooting along, and then all of a sudden somebody comes up to you and says or does something, and you find yourself moved. Other times you're going into a situation that you think is going to be heartbreaking, and you find yourself really pissed off or laughing at a very serious moment.

iSGNtZLl.jpg

Paris, France. High school and university students protest against French labour law proposals. The government says the planned changes will encourage businesses to start hiring again. Photograph: Christian Hartmann

19tPm1pl.jpg

Indian state Bihar imposes total ban on alcohol sales. Ban, which had expected to be phased in over six months, takes bar owners by surprise.

fy2ovpZl.jpg

Ecuador drills for oil on edge of pristine rainforest in Yasuni. First of 200 wells drilled close to controversial block of forest known to have two of the last tribes living in isolation. Tiputini river and rainforest in Yasuni national park in Ecuador’s Amazon forest. Oil companies are given permit to drill for 920m barrels of crude believed to be beneath the forest floor. Photograph: Pete Oxford.

Wishing you all a great Tuesday morning, afternoon, evening and good luck for tomorrow ! eYSIDPr.gif

ange1 avatar
Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:09
Author: ModeratorET lover
Hello Thalestris and all :) Hope everyone is having a lovely day :)

Susan Sarandon awesome actress :) seen many of her films, The Rocky Horror Picture Show and Stepmom and of course we can't forget Thelma and Louise... excellent movie :) Love her acting great actress and still looks incredible :)
ange1 avatar
Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:41
Oooh a better trailer has finally been released for the new BFG Movie :)

I can't wait to see it :) it looks really good :)

Panerai avatar
Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 17:17
Author: Site FriendET junkieET loverKittySunTurtle
Hi, Ange. Thought I'd drop by and leave the new trailer for Rogue One. I'm looking forward to it as well.

ange1 avatar
Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 15:54
Panerai wrote:
Hi, Ange. Thought I'd drop by and leave the new trailer for Rogue One. I'm looking forward to it as well.

Panerai aww thank you so much for posting :) i am really looking forward to watching it too .... can't wait :

Thalestris avatar
Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 20:16
Hi ange and Panerai and many thanks for posting those 2 trailers ! And hi everybody ! So I'm back for now , I mean , my old laptop is back , risen from the dead and it had some internal surgery .. I keep my fingers crossed, but it should stay alive for a while now. So what's up in the world , well I have no idea really, because I took the opportunity to stay away from newspapers and I've obviously missed all the new movie trailers as well .. So I'll be posting just the latest ones, I'll skip The Suicide Squad, Fantastic Beasts.. So here we go !

FfihYLIl.jpg

Aaron Paul: ‘It’s impossible not to throw our own emotions into the mix’

Aaron Paul is a 36-year-old actor who came to prominence playing crystal meth dealer and producer Jesse Pinkman in Breaking Bad, for which he won three Emmy awards. In Eye in the Sky he plays a drone pilot ordered to blow up an Al-Shabaab cell in Kenya.

Eye in the Sky is dedicated to the memory of Alan Rickman, who co-starred. Did you get to meet him?

Sadly we never had the opportunity. This was the second film he and I did together, but I never had the privilege of meeting the man. I’m very blessed to have shared a screen with him.

Your character refuses to fire his drone because he is likely to kill an innocent girl. But if he doesn’t act, the suicide bombers he’s targeting might kill many more innocents. Do you have a moral position on that dilemma?

It’s impossible not to throw our own emotions into the mix. I feel I side with my character on this, that’s why I’m so happy I don’t have to be in his shoes and I’m not part of the decision-making process. He’s just trying to bide time, to wait until the last possible moment to release his payload.

Has there been much debate in the US about the use of drone warfare?

Absolutely, there’s been a discussion ever since drones started flying. But if you talk to our director [Gavin Hood], who’s been doing endless amounts of research for the past three or four years, he informed me that even when the longbow was created and they started using that in battles, people thought it was terribly unfair. How are you peacefully pulling back a longbow from across a giant field in the comfort of your bunker? Drones are a more dramatic version of that.

You grew up in Idaho, the son of a baptist minister. What kind of childhood was that?

It was incredible. I appreciate it much more now being away from it. I grew up on the lake, floating the rivers, nothing but mountains and streams and wildlife and that sort of thing. I was always snowboarding from a very young age. And you think, oh God I can’t wait to get out to live a more exciting life. But now living in Los Angeles since I was 17, I cannot wait to get back to Idaho.

You moved to LA as a teenager. Was that a lonely time of your life?

I didn’t fall in love with Los Angeles as quickly as I had imagined I would. It took me a good two to three years to really love the city. Now I’m madly in love with it. There’s a lot of Los Angeles that at first glance you’re terrified by, a lot of fake people and the glitz and glam, that’s not really my cup of tea. Then eventually you get your core group of friends who you love and trust. I wouldn’t call it lonely. I was fighting for something. I was trying to get my foot inside that door. And eventually the door was opened.

If Jesse Pinkman were to appear in Better Call Saul, it would happen for all the right reasons
Did you ever think of quitting?

There was a lot of fear. I never wanted to quit. I had many ups and downs in the business. I started doing commercials to pay my bills, then I stopped doing that because I wanted to focus on guest spots on TV. If you have a lull in working it’s hard to keep up and pay your bills. Right before Breaking Bad was probably the lowest point in my career. That was the first time I had ever asked for any money from my family, and my family didn’t have any money to give. But they managed to get some money together and pay my rent for three months in a row. That was incredibly heartbreaking for me.

Jesse Pinkman was a wonderful character, and one of his distinctive characteristics was his deep lazy voice. How close is it to yours?

I took a while to really know who Jesse was. In the pilot he just came off as this druggy burnout. I wanted him to stand out. I know this kid says “Yo” and “bitch” far too much. I wanted to create a character around that. His voice came to me throughout the first season of the show. And I got a true sense of it in the second season.

Is it difficult staying in one character over so many years? Does it begin to possess you?

A lot of times it would be difficult but with a show like Breaking Bad it actually made it easier, because these characters were so well developed and absolutely on the page right there in front of us for the taking. The more scripts we had the more we figured out who these characters were. You are able to tell an incredibly descriptive narrative in 62 hours of television.

I read that at one stage you were dreaming as Jesse…

That’s true. I truly lived and breathed every moment and then some of what you saw on screen. It was almost impossible not to think as Jesse, to really transform into that guy. So at night there would be times when I would wake up in a panic as Jesse, and bad things were happening to me. Which actually I was so into. I never had that experience before of dreaming as the character.

There’s talk of you turning up on the prequel, Better Call Saul. Do you have any news about that?

All I can say is that we’ve had multiple conversations about that possibility and if it were to happen it would happen for absolutely all the right reasons. They wouldn’t want to throw Jesse in just so the audience could see him in the background. He’d have to really enter the story. And as I’m such a huge fan of Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul, if they did figure out a way to make that happen I’d be very excited.

What do you do to relax?

Any chance I have just to be at my house, I take it. I’m never at home, I’m always travelling. I never work in LA. Being home is really a vacation for me and my wife. Music is our obsession. I fell in love with my wife at a music festival. We have concerts inside our living room. Whenever we’re in town, we track down artists playing in Los Angeles and just reach out to their tour manager and see if they’d like to play our living room.

Do you think you’d be able to make crystal meth to a reasonable quality if you were required?

Absolutely not. I wouldn’t even know how to blow myself up. I would be terrible at it.

8xNsvGpl.jpg

Bartolomeyevka, Belarus. Yelyena Muzichenka, 86, stands among examples of her own embroidery at her house. She is one of four residents still living in the former village, which in 1986 was contaminated with radioactive fallout following the nuclear meltdown at Chernobyl, approximately 100 miles to the south
Photograph: Sean Gallup.

Wishing you all a great Tuesday morning, afternoon, evening and good luck for tomorrow ! 8dOmi6C.gif

ange1 avatar
Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 21:16
Hello Thalestris pan and all... aww it is so good to have you back :) so glad your laptop has risen from the dead :) ooooh nothing worse when we are without them :(

Thank you posting the Sacrifice trailer, oooh looking forward to watching that.... Love my horrors :) Wishing everyone a wonderful Wednesday :)
Thalestris avatar
Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 17:01
ange1 wrote:
Hello Thalestris pan and all... aww it is so good to have you back :) so glad your laptop has risen from the dead :) ooooh nothing worse when we are without them :(

Thank you posting the Sacrifice trailer, oooh looking forward to watching that.... Love my horrors :) Wishing everyone a wonderful Wednesday :)

Hi ange, my dear friend, thank you so much for your warm welcome, and yes indeed, we are truly so addicted to our computers.. I wonder sometimes if it's such a good thing.. Anyways, "Sacrifice" could be interesting, hopefully this time, we'll be enjoying a good horror movie. Have a great Wednesday as well.

And so what's up in the world, well, unfortunately, I'm too late today, so I just grabbed the first article that I found appealing, sorry about that. But if you're a fan of the saga like I am , you'll be pleased to know that N°5 is coming soon. And I've added 2 pics and some trailers. so let's go.

JYNQ7ePl.jpg

Underworld 5 reveals its title.

We couldn't quite believe that Underworld: Next Generation was really the title. And so it's proved: that turns out just to have been a placeholder moniker for the fifth movie in the vampires vs. werewolves franchise. Its official name from this point onwards is Underworld: Blood Wars.

Kate Beckinsale, Theo James, Tobias Menzies and Lara Pulver are the confirmed cast members so far, although the plot remains under wraps. We know Menzies is a new werewolf leader, and beyond that it's fairly natural to assume that Blood Wars will pick up from the end of Underworld: Awakening, where Beckinsale's Selene was still on the trail of the missing hybrid Michael. And as that "Next Generation" suggested, the word on the street is that the film will continue the handover to the younger cast members, like James' David.

Cory Goodman (The Last Witch Hunter) wrote the screenplay, said to be "expanding the mythology". Anna Foerster (Outlander) is the director; original Underworld mindermast Len Wiseman remains a producer; and shooting took place in the Czech Republic last autumn. Underworld: Blood Wars will be out in October.

eSGGk5jl.jpg

Morocco. A competitor takes part in the Marathon des Sables between Oued Moungarf and Ba Hallou in the Sahara desert. Photograph: Jean-Philippe Ksiazek

bOA8grjl.jpg

The great escape: Inky the octopus legs it to freedom from aquarium. Staff believe the common New Zealand octopus fled its enclosure when the lid was left ajar and headed to freedom down a pipe that leads to the sea.

Wishing you all a great Wednesday morning, afternoon, evening and good luck for tomorrow ! 8dOmi6C.gif

ange1 avatar
Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 13:16
Thalestris aww your most welcome :) it is really good to have you back :) oooh we certainly are lost without our computers :)

I can't wait for the new Underworld Movie, love every one of them :)

Thought i would post this trailer for Penny Dreadful... I am so excited to watch as it looks epic :) Eva Green is a wonderful talented actress. She is one of my favourite female actors. For me she has made Penny Dreadful a Masterpiece.

Thalestris avatar
Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 17:26
ange1 wrote:
Thalestris aww your most welcome :) it is really good to have you back :) oooh we certainly are lost without our computers :)

I can't wait for the new Underworld Movie, love every one of them :)

Thought i would post this trailer for Penny Dreadful... I am so excited to watch as it looks epic :) Eva Green is a wonderful talented actress. She is one of my favourite female actors. For me she has made Penny Dreadful a Masterpiece.

Hi ange and thank you so much for posting that trailer !! I missed that one so I'll watch it soon and I'm also a huge fan of Eva Green as you know already. 8dOmi6C.gif

So what's up in the world, well, I haven't read something really that fascinating I must admit, so I've only saved this article. And I've added a few pics and just a few trailers today, so here we go.

Studio Ghibli, the creators of Spirited Away, are finally bringing their latest film to British screens. The UK trailer for When Marnie Was There is streaming exclusively on Dazed, and the full feature will be gracing our cinema screens from June 10.

Ghibli presides over the Japanese animated film market with Disney-sized dominance: it’s responsible for eight of the 15 highest-grossing anime films of all time. But the Tokyo studio’s latest trailer is a gentle reminder that they have spent three decades crafting films that are truly unique.

In fact, the film’s plot could be summarised on the back of an animation cel. An introverted, asthmatic 12-year-old drifts between a salt marsh and a dilapidated mansion. She develops an infatuation with the only inhabitant of the abandoned house, an ethereal child named Marnie who “may or may not be real”. And that’s more or less it. The joy of Ghibli’s latest project is in its sumptuous colouring and watercolour-soft lines, just as much as it is in the whispered dialogue.

Dubbed in English (the Japanese release came out last year in their country) the animators have Dazed cover star Kiernan Shipka, Hailee Steinfeld, Kathy Bates and John C Reilly to voice the production, making up a brand new cast.

Marnie was the last film produced by the animation studio before venerated director Hayao Miyazaki announced his retirement in 2014. Ghibli has been on artistic hiatus ever since, but a two-year trans-Pacific lag means that British fans of Princess Mononoke and Grave of the Fireflies have one final treat in store.

The post-Marnie future isn’t entirely bleak, though: a rumour that the studio was shutting down altogether was debunked by Miyazaki himself. And Ghibli junkies can get a further fix at the Studio Ghibli Forever Season. Films from the Japanese masters’ back catalogue, from 1984’s seminal Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind (written and directed by Miyazaki before Ghibili was officially founded) through to the studio’s 1986 debut Laputa Castle in the Sky and 2013’s The Tale of the Princess Kaguya will be playing in cinemas nationwide from the end of April.

w3dgtQAl.jpg

Bangkok, Thailand. Revellers dance in foam during a party as part of the annual Songkran celebration, the Thai traditional new year. Photograph: Rungroj Yongrit

dYEgQyel.jpg

Bali, Indonesia. Tourists watch sea turtles released at Kuta beach. About 30 turtles were seized last week from illegal poachers. Photograph: FIrdia Lisnawati

Wishing you all a great Thursday morning, afternoon, evening and good luck for tomorrow ! 8dOmi6C.gif

Thalestris avatar
Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 17:26
Hi everybody ! So Friday it is !! At last !! And since I haven't found anything really that appealing unfortunately.. I've saved that archive for today, but I reassure you , it's not that old ! I've added 2 pics and 2 trailers, I know, it's a short post just to wish you all a great week end !

Kosg4OYl.jpg

Glen Powell's College Years

When Glen Powell moved to Los Angeles, it was at the suggestion of Hollywood super agent Ed Limato. The Austin, Texas native had started acting professionally as a young teenager, and during his senior year of high school, he was cast in The Great Debaters (2007), a film directed by and starring another one of Limato's clients Denzel Washington. "He came up to me [on set] and told me I reminded him of a young Richard Gere," Powell recalls. "I thought it was just some random guy. I didn't know he represented Richard Gere." While in Los Angeles for the film's premiere, Powell met with Limato again. "I showed up in jeans, a belt buckle, and a cowboy hat," he says with a laugh. "Ed walked in and he goes, 'Did you just come off a farm?'"

Powell was initially reluctant to leave his life in Texas behind; he'd had friends go to Los Angeles only to return to after waiting tables for five years. "It seemed like something where, unless you were born into it, it wasn't really feasible," he explains. But Limato was persistent and Powell made the move after finishing his freshman year at University of Texas. A year later, Limato passed away. "It went from really feeling like I had the town wired to, 'Oh shoot, I'm all alone out here,' Sandra Bullock in Gravity-style."

If Powell went through a dry spell, it didn't last very long. By 2012, he was having his head slammed against a desk by Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight. Soon after, he joined Sylvester Stallone's The Expendables for the action franchise's third installment, and it was Stallone himself who called Powell to offer him the role. Last September, the now 27-year-old made his television debut as a series regular in Ryan Murphy's dark comedy Scream Queens. As Chad Radwell, the ultra-preppy boyfriend of Emma Robert's Chanel Oberlin and president of the Dickie Dollar Scholars, Powell is charming and hilarious. While every character on Scream Queens is quotable, the overly confident and sexually macabre Radwell is particularly so, and it's no surprise that he's been confirmed for the show's second season.

Then there are also Powell's forthcoming film projects. This month, Richard Linklater's ode to college Everybody Wants Some!! circa 1980 will come out gradually across the U.S. Powell plays Finnegan, a baseball player known for his way with words, especially when it comes to approaching young women. Next up, he'll co-star in the Iraq War drama Sand Castle alongside Henry Cavill, Nicholas Hoult, and Beau Knapp. "It's one of the most specific, weird, and engaging war movies you'll ever see," he says of Sand Castle. "I think the closest comparison is Three Kings meets Christopher Nolan."

EMMA BROWN: How did you got involved in Everybody Wants Some!!? I know you worked with Richard Linklater before on Fast Food Nation in 2006.

POWELL: Even though I knew Rick before, it didn't help my chances at getting cast on this one. The audition process was just as strict—if not stricter—than everybody else's. When I worked with Rick on Fast Food Nation, I broke my arm a week and a half before we started shooting. I had to call Rick: "Hey man, I broke my arm, please don't fire me," and I remember him being like, "There was always a guy in high school with a cast—that's amazing." If you really think about your high school experience, there was always somebody walking around on crutches or with a sling or a cast; it's just the nature of being young. You never see that in a movie and he got so excited and giddy about it. It was the opposite response of what I was expecting. I thought I was going to be a 15-year-old groveling for my job.

BROWN: How did you break your arm?

POWELL: I wasn't even a baseball player in high school but I broke it playing pick-up baseball.

BROWN: Did you bring that up while you were doing Everybody Wants Some!!?

POWELL: I did. Rick's mind is so sharp; we call him Rickapedia because he just remembers everything, whether it's music, art, movies, directors, set dressers, production designers. Rick and I had some really great breakfast conversations where we sat down and pondered what college life is and what life is about, and the most fun guy to ponder with is Rick. It was one of my favorite memories of the whole thing. It was interesting talking to him about the idea of memory. He remembers events as they took place, whereas most people do this revision of history—they want to remember their experience the way they want to remember it. It's weird how exactly he remembers things we did on Fast Food Nation.

BROWN: It's funny that he has such a perfect memory because Everybody Wants Some!! is quite rose-colored. It's the best parts of college.

POWELL: What people should be pulling away from the movie is not necessarily, "These events also transpired in my college experience" but, "This is exactly how I felt being in college." That sentimentality is something that Rick can conjure up because he remembers things exactly as they were and he can build out from there. When people try to build that sense of sentimentality, they end up screwing it up because they're being sentimental for the sake of it.

There was this one scene [in Fast Food Nation] where he wanted me to have this awkward goodbye with this girl. He came up to me and he said, "I want you to hug her like you really mean it—she really means a lot to you. I'm not going to tell her that you're hugging her. Hug her as hard as you can." It was one of the most awkward things in my entire life and it was caught on film. Rick knows how to create those moments that feel organic. He's one of the most emotionally intelligent people I've ever met. He can get those kind of performances out because he knows what it feels like.

BROWN: Were you always going to be Finnegan? Were you considered for other roles?

POWELL: Everybody auditioned for six roles at the top, but I felt a fondness for Finnegan right off the bat. I auditioned for Finnegan, Roper, McReynolds, Willoughby—you first audition for everybody and then, as he sees your vibe and what you put out, he says, "Okay I want you to come back for Roper and Finnegan." It became more Finnegan and then Blake [Jenner] and I did the chemistry read as Jake and Finnegan and it seemed like a no-brainer.

BROWN: I heard Rick gave the cast some movies to watch before hand, like Animal House. Did you watch Dazed and Confused or would that have been weird?

POWELL: We watched Animal House, Airplane!, [Dock Ellis & The LSD ] No-No about Dock Ellis pitching a no-hitter on acid, a movie about Auggie Garrido and the UT baseball team that Rick put together. I feel like we watched Dazed the first night and it was put to bed after that and we never talked about it again. It was: "Okay, we understand the tone, now we're making our own movie." Everybody talks about how Everybody Wants Some!! is the spiritual sequel to Dazed and Confused, but there's a real trap in trying to recreate Dazed and Confused—that magic is it's own thing.

BROWN: In the film, your character and various members of the baseball team go to a country music club, a disco club, and a punk club. Which was your favorite?

POWELL: The punk club was the last night of shooting, so there was a lot of bro-hugging that day. But we all prepped for the Sound Machine [disco club] so much. The dancing was one of the things that Rick was really specific about. Dancing is not a thing guys do these days—we don't go to the club and dance. That's not how things are set up these days. [But] Rick talked about how baseball players would rule the dance floor, and they were athletes, so they were dancing confidently and knew how to move. We worked hard to show those dance moves. You didn't want anything anachronistic seeping onto that dance floor—No Soulja Boys or Duggys.

BROWN: Rick has a reputation for being quite a vague director. Did you find that to be true?

POWELL: Yeah. It's funny, I was thinking about when Rick and Jennifer Lawrence were going to do a movie together. I've heard that Jennifer Lawrence gets along really well with David O. Russell—she's kind of his muse—and David O. Russell is known for being a very combative director. He's the kind of guy who's like, "Why are you doing it like that? Do it right. Act better." He's almost heckling you while you're acting. Rick is the kind of guy where, when you say, "Is that what you're looking for?" He'll be like, "Sure, do you feel good about it? You want to do anything else?" It's never really clear. If Rick doesn't like what you're doing, he never tells you how to do it. Everything is offered in a question form: "What if...?" To some people, that can be very frustrating; some people will throw their hands up and say, "Just tell me how to do it." But for me it was very freeing. Rick and I had a shorthand, and when you realize he isn't going to tell you how to do it, you trust your own instincts and go with your gut. You've done the research into your character; you know that character more than anyone else. Rick opens up this dialogue that creates way better performances than if he'd answered yes or no. We put our hemispheres together and came up with something even more genius.

BROWN: I know you try to get your mother into most of your films as an extra. Was she in this one?

POWELL: Yeah! She's Marge the lunch lady. She loves being on set, she gets a kick out of it, and nepotism is kind of an expectation at this point. Now she's like, "Glen, what's my role in this movie?" You try to do a nice thing for your mom and all of a sudden she's like, "I've got to be in this movie. What am I going to do?"

BROWN: How did it first start?

POWELL: When I was in Spy Kids 3 she was on set and she played an adult spy. She had such a good time; it was such a fun thing for all of our friends and family to do, pause the TV like a replay from the NFL. Then she played a professor at a party in Jack & Bobby. My whole family was in Into the West as a pioneer family; they're in the audience in The Great Debaters. My family's been getting a lot of work off me!

BROWN: Do you have siblings?

POWELL: I have a younger sister and an older sister that just told us she's having twins. I get to be a double uncle.

BROWN: Do you have uncle plans?

POWELL: I think I'm going to be a pretty kick-ass uncle. I'm good at spoiling people without the responsibility. When I first moved out to L.A. to be an actor, this family knew that I was a pretty big athlete back in Texas, and they said, "You can live in our house for free if you coach our kid in football, basketball, and lacrosse." So I was coaching all these sports teams and I got to live at this house in Bel Air—this nine-acre estate—for free. It was amazing. Their son was 10 years old and I'd take him and his friends out for frozen yogurt, take them to dances and their friends' houses and we'd kick it over there. The responsibility of making sure a kid lives is not something I'm ready for quite yet, but I'm ready to take them out and have a good time.

BROWN: I know The Great Debaters was a significant project for you because you met your first agent through it. How did you get cast in the film?

POWELL: I was 17 years old and I auditioned for a really small role in the movie—an Oklahoma City debater—in Texas. I went into the callback with Denzel, and at the time I had a really thick Texas accent, so he asked, "Can you get rid of that Texas accent? I think there's a bigger role that you'd be really good for. Read the same lines without the accent" I was like, "Yeah I can do that." So we talked, I left, and then I got a call maybe 10 minutes later from the production office saying, "You're invited to the table read. You're the only guy not cast. The producers aren't really sold, they have another guy in mind, but you're my guy, so I need you to bring the heat." I came back a couple days later for the table read and I showed up in a tuxedo. This guy was supposed to be 23, a Harvard debater, very prim and a proper blue blood—basically a young JFK. I was 17 and not really that put together. I was smart, but kind of all over the place. So when it came time for my debate at the end of the third act, I stood up in my tuxedo—I was off-book. It was like Oprah Winfrey and Denzel Washington and Forest Whitaker in the room, and I just went for it. Right after the table read, Denzel came up to me and was like, "Alright. You got it, you did what you needed to do." I was in high school—I had high school literally the next day—but he didn't know I was under 18, and so he was like, "We're all going down to debate camp, do you want to go?" So I got on a plane with Denzel and all these guys and we went down to Texas Southern University for the next few days and I just skipped school and learned how to debate. Denzel and I formed a great relationship. When it came time to shoot in Boston, there was a guy in the movie who kept screwing up his lines. There were probably 500 extras out in the audience, all in period clothing all watching the debate. This guy lost his cool and Denzel went off on him. Then he called me up to the plate and said "Glen, do your speech." And I went and did my speech and did it in one take, and he was like, "That's how it's done."

BROWN: I wanted to talk about Scream Queens as well, now that you're confirmed for the second season. Do people quote Chad Radwell lines to you?

POWELL: Chad Radwell lines are very, very quotable. The most common one I get is, "Everybody wants to get with this. Women, men, animals at the zoo, plants probably." People love that line for some reason. [laughs] What's really funny is when I go over to other countries and they do it. We filmed Sand Castle in Jordan, and Jordan doesn't get Scream Queens. They don't have Fox over there and you can't get Scream Queens online. They have to go through a lot of effort to watch the show. But the amount of people in Jordan coming up to me and quoting Chad Radwell lines in this Jordanian accent was crazy. There are Scream Queens fans all over the planet and Chad Radwell tends to be a hit, which is very, very fun. We were making that show on an island in New Orleans; it's not like anybody really knew what we were shooting. It's not until I got to Jordan that I met my first Scream Queens fans.

BROWN: Did people recognize Henry Cavill as Superman when you were shooting Sand Castle in Jordan? Did they come up to him?

POWELL: [laughs] Henry had this gnarly beard while we were shooting Sand Castle—he's this special forces guy with a huge beard and he put on a lot of weight. He was jacked, but more corn-fed jacked, so he just looked totally different. One of his bodyguards over there was an actual Navy SEAL who vaguely looks like Henry. People heard Superman was in Jordan, so they'd come up to his bodyguard when Henry was right next to him and go, "Oh my god, Superman, we're such huge fans."

BROWN: Did you all have bodyguards?

POWELL: No, I don't need a bodyguard. On Expendables [in Bulgaria] they tried to give us bodyguards—there was this guy that was my unofficial bodyguard and he would hang out. I told the producers, "I love this guy, but I don't need a bodyguard. I'm more of a target with this 6'4" jacked dude following me everywhere in a black t-shirt than walking around by myself." And they were like, "No, no, no. You're going to have a bodyguard." What I realized is some of the Expendables on Expendables 1 and 2—they weren't in Expendables 3—got a little crazy and would disappear on days they were supposed to be filming. The bodyguards were babysitters to make sure we didn't go off in Bulgaria. But Jordan is very safe.

BROWN: Last question. I read that you have a pet monkey. Is that true?

POWELL: I do. We have this pet monkey named Charlie. I'm more of an uncle to Charlie. I tried to bring him out to Los Angeles but the monkey laws are kind of crazy out here. Charlie gets treated better than any human. He's the most spoiled pet you can imagine. He lives out in Texas with my family. Do remember that viral video with "Charlie bit me"? Charlie used to be a huge biter so we named him Charlie after that YouTube video.

xyVTahrl.jpg

Mashiki, Japan. A man carries supplies and a child as he walks through collapsed houses after the town was hit by an earthquake. Photograph: Kimimasa Mayama

NqWqWOpl.jpg

Guangxi Zhuang, China. Villagers wrestle in a pool filled with cherry tomatoes to celebrate the fruit’s harvest

And since pink seems to be the new trend these days..This little guy here will be the one who is going to wish you all a fun week end, take care and I'll be back in here on Monday ! 8jA1OwJ.gif

Thalestris avatar
Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 17:04
Hi everybody ! I hope that you've all fully enjoyed this week end !! And a special hi to our Brazilian friends today ! Oh my, this is really something what's happening there, I keep my fingers crossed !! Apart from that, it was actually difficult to make a choice today, I spotted that interview of Christopher Walken first, but then I saw that article written by Justin McCurry , and I'm a huge fan of his work so... But don't worry, I keep in mind Christopher's itw. And I've added a few pics, a cartoon, some movie trailers and my favorite Brazilian song in the end so let's go.

0IPM8LGl.jpg

Meet the woman who makes fake fingers for Japan's reformed gangsters
Yukako Fukushima crafts lifelike pinkies to help yakuza criminals who severed fingers as a mark of contrition begin a new life

When Yukako Fukushima holds the finger to the light, there is a brief moment when it is indistinguishable from her own, real, digits. Nothing about it screams fake. To the untrained eye, it is flawless.

Soon it will be ready for collection by its new owner, one of hundreds of hardened gangsters who have sliced off their pinkies in a ritual show of contrition, and who owe their exit from the underworld and return to mainstream society to Fukushima’s prosthetics.

They are members of the yakuza – Japan’s vast network of organised gangs – who are desperate to leave behind their lives of crime.

But for those who have transgressed – by mishandling money, failing to repay a debt, or simply offending their boss – there is a striking physical obstacle to re-entering mainstream society: the painful, and glaringly obvious, self-amputation of their little finger.

That is where Fukushima comes in. For the past two decades, the 44-year-old has hand crafted hundreds of pinkie fingers for former gangsters – a minor cosmetic accoutrement that has helped them find jobs and marriage partners, and a semblance of normal life.

Amid recent police warnings that Japan’s most powerful crime syndicate, the Yamaguchi-gumi, is in a state of “all-out war” with a breakaway rival, the coming months could be her busiest yet.

“This wasn’t something I planned to do long-term, and I was about to look for another job when someone told me that I was the only person in Japan doing this kind of work,” said Fukushima, who works at the Arte workshop in downtown Osaka, run by the prosthetic and welfare firm Kawamura Gishi.

“If you lose a finger in a car accident, people are sympathetic,” said Fukushima, who has won two government awards for her work helping yakuza rehabilitate and reintegrate back into society. “But that’s not the case with the yakuza. Most people can’t get past their tattoos or missing fingers.”

Her decision to continue producing artificial pinkies for reformed mobsters resulted in the breakup of a relationship and criticism from her family for “enabling” gangsters.

But it also coincided with a dramatic rise in demand for her services. The 1992 anti-organised crime law brought Japan’s underworld under unprecedented police scrutiny. Combined with the bursting of Japan’s economic bubble – a cash cow for gangsters involved in real estate – the legal challenge to decades of official and public tolerance sent large numbers of mobsters to Fukushima’s door in search of a fresh start.

“World of mouth spreads incredibly quickly among the yakuza, particularly when they are in prison,” she said.

Fukushima will only agree to make a pinkie, which can cost more than £1,500, under certain conditions. A group set up by the Osaka prefectural police to help rehabilitate former yakuza introduces her to potential clients after confirming that they have decided to go straight.

“I need proof that they have definitely left their gang, and I won’t accept extra cash from people who want to jump the queue,” said Fukushima, a native of Osaka whose strong dialect isn’t far removed from that spoken by many of her clients. “I’ve had complaints from gangsters who didn’t like the look of their new finger, but I won’t listen to their threats, even if they come here and start throwing the furniture around. Fortunately, it doesn’t happen often, and the police look out for me.”

Yubitsume – literally finger shortening – is thought to have originated among the bakuto feudal-era gamblers who are considered the predecessors of the yakuza. Men who were unable to pay their debts were forced to cut the top portion of their left pinkie, leaving them with a disability that made them less effective as swordsmen.

Typically, yakuza transgressors use a razor-sharp knife to remove a section of finger above the top knuckle, before wrapping the severed part in cloth and offering it to their boss. Contrary to popular belief, the ritual of self-amputation is rarely performed as a voluntary sacrifice. If the misdemeanours continue, more amputations follow, beginning with the second joint in the left pinkie and, in extreme cases, continuing on to the right hand.

Fukushima’s artificial finger tips, like the other body parts she makes for people who have been in accidents or suffered serious illness, are the products of incredible attention to detail.

The fake tip, which lasts five to 10 years, slides on to the existing stub much like a lid on to a pen.
Drawing on around 20 colours, she can create more than 1,000 skin tones to ensure that the fake digit looks exactly the same as its owner’s other fingers. Every last detail, down to fingerprints, curvature, nails and veins, is expertly reproduced in silicone. The fake tip, which lasts five to 10 years, slides on to the existing stub much like a lid on to a pen.

In Kobe, a short train journey west of Fukushima’s office, the Yamaguchi-gumi is in the midst of its biggest crisis since it was founded a century ago – and one that is creating a new generation of men who no longer wish to live by the sword.

Police have been warning of a potentially violent power struggle since last summer, when more than a dozen gangs with connections to the Yamaguchi-gumi decided to form a breakaway group in protest at the leadership of Shinobu Tsukasa, the Yamaguchi-gumi’s septuagenarian boss.

In March, police said the organisation and its rival gang, known as Kobe Yamaguchi-gumi, were in a state of “all-out war” following almost 50 incidents since the split, including the use of firearms and Molotov cocktails.

The conflict has already hit membership of the Yamaguchi-gumi, and could send more repentant mobsters to Fukushima’s office.

Nationwide, tougher anti-gang laws and years of economic stagnation have seen the number of active gang members drop to around 53,000, from 80,000 in 2009, according to the national police agency.

Fukushima was reluctant to comment on the turf wars or to speculate how they might affect her business, but said: “I just hope the vendettas end soon, but with all this talk of war, right now isn’t the time for people to leave. After all, a lot of yakuza behaviour is still dictated by the ideas of duty and obligation.”

While a new pinkie is no guarantee that a gangster will change his ways, Fukushima receives enough letters of thanks to convince her that her digits make a difference. “I hear from men who have got married and had children or found a job. Others tell me they have straightened themselves out and apologised to their parents for the years of misery they put them through,” she said.

“Some tell me they’re simply glad to be alive, even though there were times when they’d wished they were dead. When I hear stories like that it motivates me to carry on. I’m not doing this as a service for the yakuza. I’m doing it for men who want a second chance and to be good role models for their children.”

LzLLa2Al.jpg

The strongest earthquake to hit Ecuador in decades flattened buildings and buckled highways along the country’s Pacific coast, prompting a state of emergency in several states. The death toll continues to rise. Aid is being collected and distributed to those affected, as the search for survivors in the rubble goes on. People collect food and water for the victims in Quito. Photograph: Juan Ruiz

hEAXLPzl.jpg

Ca Mau province, Vietnam. Two boats lie on dry ground as Vietnam faces its most serious drought in the last 90 years, according to the ministry of agriculture and rural development. Around 340,000 families have faced water shortages.

RtGmBcVl.jpg

Dilma Rousseff impeachment: what happens next in Brazil. The lower house of congress has voted to impeach the Brazilian president, but the saga is far from over.
( cartoonist : Amorim).

Wishing you all a great Monday morning, afternoon, evening and good luck for tomorrow ! eYSIDPr.gif

Thalestris avatar
Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 17:17
Hi everybody ! So I'd better hurry now, because I'm late today.. It will be just a little post to wish you all a great Tuesday really. And I do have plenty of trailers !! So let's go.

Nwzi51W.gif

The Secret Actress on sex scenes: my co-star warned ‘forgive me if I harden'
In her column lifting the lid on the film and TV industry, an Oscar and Golden Globe-nominated actor explains why nothing’s creepier than simulating sex

Having sex is fun. Having sex in front of your co-workers, with a co-worker, is the stuff of anxiety dreams to the power of 10. I once had an anxiety dream about having to do a sex scene the night before I had to do a sex scene. It was the most bizarre experience to wake up in horror, then to feel the massive wash of relief that it was just a dream only to be hit with the realization that it was about to be real. That’s some meta shit right there.

Whatever adulation/irritation you might have with certain actors/actresses, know that doing sex scenes is them having to pay the piper in full, with interest.

If there is anything creepier than simulating sex with someone you’ve a) just met or b) been friends with for a long time and whose wife and kids you’ve holidayed with, it is the way in which it is treated on a set.

It can go a few ways. Either, there is a hush of impending doom from the minute you are greeted by the PA: “Hiiiiiiiiiiiiii, good morrrrrrrrning, biiiiiiiiiiig day today …” (insert sad face emoji on face of PA). The other way is what I like to think of as a more British stance, where everyone is brisk and bustles and looks away and makes brittle jokes that shatter immediately into awkward silence.

Saying I love you, screaming I hate you, crying, killing, dying and mourning are all things I’ve had to simulate over the course of my career. But nothing beats the intimacy of physical intimacy when it comes to impersonation. This is largely to do with the fact that your body doesn’t know that what’s happening isn’t real. The body reacts as bodies in those moments of intimacy do – they sweat, they redden, they harden. The hardening part was once skillfully addressed by an actor I was about to have crazy sex with, with a sanguine: “Forgive me if I do, forgive me if I don’t.” It gives a whole new spin on performance anxiety.

I have to say that pretending to have sex with someone you fancy is still painfully embarrassing, but pretending to have sex with someone you do not like in the slightest is downright awful. During the initial choreographing of one particular sex scene with an actor I really didn’t get along with, I volunteered the idea of him pressing me up against a wall and doing it from behind largely so I wouldn’t have to look at his smug, straining exertions.

This also worked another time when an actor had profound halitosis. I managed, on that project, to make NOT kissing him an actual theme. The director thought it added a “layer”. I say, do what you must.

I will leave you with the image of a naked girl (me) lying on her back with a rectangular sheath covering her nether regions, waiting for an actor whose dick is basically in a sock, jumping up and down trying to shake off the terrible pins and needles in his legs. The tableau is complete only when you add in a yawning boom operator and a producer on his phone, yelping where to go for dinner. Super sexy all round.
The Secret Actress is an Oscar- and Golden Globe-nominated actor who lives and works in LA today.

QTIl3ngl.jpg

Goldman prize winner: 'I will never be defeated by the mining companies'. Maxima Acuña de Chaupe has won a major environmental prize for defending her land from the biggest gold-mining project in South America.

xu1jfYol.jpg

A fox pauses as it passes the door to 10 Downing Street shortly before a cabinet meeting.Photograph: Carl Court.

Wishing you all a great Tuesday morning, afternoon, evening and good luck for tomorrow !

Thalestris avatar
Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 16:45
Hi everybody ! So what's up in the world ! Well , this article , it's not actually good news , is it ? But it also means what we still have something worth fighting for out there ! And I've added 2 pics and plenty of new trailers, yeah new, I promise ! So let's go.

SgNfOZNl.jpg

'Era of propaganda': press freedom in decline, says Reporters Without Borders
Decline of open debate was of particular concern in Latin America during 2015, says advocacy group, warning of increasing violence against journalists

World press freedom deteriorated in 2015, especially in the Americas, advocacy group Reporters Without Borders said on Wednesday as it released its annual rankings and warned of “a new era of propaganda”.

The World Press Freedom Index ranks 180 countries on indicators such as media independence, self-censorship, the rule of law, transparency and abuses.

This year’s index saw a decline in all parts of the world, said Christophe Deloire, secretary general of the Paris-based group, with Latin America of particular concern.

“All of the indicators show a deterioration. Numerous authorities are trying to regain control of their countries, fearing overly open public debate,” he said.

“Today it is increasingly easy for powers to appeal directly to the public through new technologies, and so there is a greater degree of violence against those who represent independent information.

“We are entering a new era of propaganda where new technologies allow the low-cost dissemination of their own communication, their information, as dictated. On the other side, journalists are the ones who get in the way.”

The situation was particularly grave in Latin America, the report said, highlighting “institutional violence” in Venezuela and Ecuador, organised crime in Honduras, impunity in Colombia, corruption in Brazil and media concentration in Argentina as the main obstacles to press freedom.

Among the lowest ranked countries were Syria, at 177th place out of 180, just below China (176th) but above North Korea (179th) and last placed Eritrea.

Japan slumped to 72nd due to what the watchdog identified as self-censorship towards the prime minister, Shinzo Abe, while Finland retained its top spot for the sixth consecutive year, followed by the Netherlands and Norway.

D9G4ajLl.jpg

Indian drought 'affecting 330 million people' after two weak monsoons. Government says quarter of the population suffering, as NGO asks supreme court to order Modi government to do more to help. People from the drought-affected districts of Maharashtra collect water from a tank in Mumbai. Photograph: Divyakant Solanki.

t7CMrEzl.jpg

Cairo, Egypt. Workers preparing dyed fabrics for cutting. Dyeing fabrics is one of the oldest handcrafts and can be dated to the early days of ancient Pharaonic Egypt. Photograph: Mohamed Hossam

Wishing you all a great Wednesday morning, afternoon, evening and good luck for tomorrow ! 8dOmi6C.gif

[Prev]  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 46, 47  [Next]
Page 35 of 47   [ 691 posts ]

Forum Search

search in post message
  search in topic subject
Forum

Home - Browse Torrents - Upload Torrent - Stat - Forum - FAQ - Login
ExtraTorrent.cc is in compliance with copyrights
BitCoin: 12DiyqsWhENahDzdhdYsRrCw8FPQVcCkcm
Can't load ExtraTorrent? Try our official mirrors: etmirror.com - etproxy.com - extratorrentonline.com - extratorrentlive.com
2006-2017 ExtraTorrent.cc2