H264 X264
View Torrent Info: The.Matchbreaker.2016.720p.BRRip.x264.AAC-ETRG
View Torrent Info: Underworld - Blood.Wars.2016.BluRay.720p.DTS.AC3.x264-ETRG
View Torrent Info: Cars.2006.720p.BluRay.x264.AAC-ETRG
View Torrent Info: Sing.2016.BluRay.720p.DTS.AC3.x264-ETRG
Hot torrents
BluRay, 4k UHD
View Torrent Info: Hidden Figures 2016 Multi 1080p BluRay x264 DTSHD 7.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Passengers 2016 Multi UHD BluRay 2160p HEVC HDR10 DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Dont Kill It 2016 BluRay 1080p x264 DTSHD5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Warriors Gate 2016 1080p Bluray x264 DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
Hot torrents
Television
View Torrent Info: DCs.Legends.of.Tomorrow.S02E16.HDTV.x264-LOL[ettv]
View Torrent Info: The.Flash.2014.S03E18.HDTV.x264-LOL[ettv]
View Torrent Info: NCIS.S14E19.HDTV.x264-LOL[ettv]
View Torrent Info: NCIS.New.Orleans.S03E19.HDTV.x264-KILLERS[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Running Shaadi 2017 x264 DvDRip AC3 5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Hidden.Figures.2016.1080p.BRRip.x264.Turkish.AC3-ETRG
View Torrent Info: Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham 2001 Bluray 1080p x264 DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna 2006 1080p Bluray x264 DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
30s
Chat
To add new messages please Login or Register for FREE
Warning! Protect Yourself from Lawsuits and Fines!
Your IP Address is 54.204.249.55.   Location is United States
Your IP Address is visible to EVERYONE. Hide your IP ADDRESS with a VPN while torrenting!
ExtraTorrent strongly recommends using Trust.Zone VPN to anonymize your torrenting. It's FREE!
Hide my IP address!

The Pirate Gazette (closed)

[Prev]  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 46, 47  [Next]
Page 37 of 47   [ 691 posts ]
AuthorMessage
ange1 avatar
Posted: Wed May 04, 2016 10:07
Author: ModeratorET lover
Hello Thalestris and all..... oooh i like the new Title of your Thread :)

I am happy that you have had some lovely sunshine. I have had some but still very cold at times.

Just been reading and and curious to know who will be the next James Bond.. Seems to be a few that are in the line up but former James Bond actor George Lazenby backs Idris Elba to play him. He is a great actor but i think i would like to see Tom Hiddleston as he said he is very interested

Wish you and all a great Wednesday and hope the sun keeps smiling for you :)
Thalestris avatar
Posted: Fri May 06, 2016 17:29
Author: Turtle
ange1 wrote:
Hello Thalestris and all..... oooh i like the new Title of your Thread :)

I am happy that you have had some lovely sunshine. I have had some but still very cold at times.

Just been reading and and curious to know who will be the next James Bond.. Seems to be a few that are in the line up but former James Bond actor George Lazenby backs Idris Elba to play him. He is a great actor but i think i would like to see Tom Hiddleston as he said he is very interested

Wish you and all a great Wednesday and hope the sun keeps smiling for you :)

Hi ange !! Yes indeed, I had and still have some sunshine right now, it's also a bit windy, but it changes everything !

I hope that you had a good week ? And regarding the new James Bond, um, I have no idea really, but I promise to post a little something if I read something about it.

And here is a little post to wish you all a great week end ! I kept that interview of Cillian Murphy for today.. All the fans of Peaky Blinders have already guessed why obviously.. And I've added 2 pics and some trailers. So let's go.

bhjHSmwl.jpg

Cillian Murphy: ‘Is this it, for the rest of my days?’
He’s found a new audience as the violent lead in Peaky Blinders. But as he turns 40, the actor contemplates what comes next

Soon it will be Cillian Murphy’s birthday. “I’ll be turning 40,” the Irish actor says. “Just a couple of months.” A placid and even-spoken man, Cork-born and with an iron Corkonian modesty at the core of him, Murphy does not sound overjoyed about his approaching milestone. But neither does he sound histrionic or weepy. Last night, he says, he was in bed by 10, falling asleep to the comforting murmur of The World Tonight on Radio 4. These days, this is not even an uncommon scenario. “I feel like I’m entering a different phase of my life,” he says. “I don’t mind embracing it. I had a really good time in my 20s and 30s. Now I’m ready for a bit more… decorum, I guess? A bit more moderation? Still enjoying being a young man, but looking over the wall into the other side, you know?”

It’s funny to hear Murphy speak this way about getting on, especially because the 39-year-old could still be mistaken, at first glance, for a teenager. We meet in a London park on a bright and chilly spring day, and it strikes me that Murphy (slender, slouching, his cheeks reddened by cold and a long fringe swept boyishly to one side) would not look out of place with a muddy football under his arm. “It’s only an advantage as an actor,” he smiles when I point this out, “looking younger than you are. If you can maintain it.”

We begin a circular stroll around the park and discuss Tommy Shelby, the character Murphy plays in Peaky Blinders, the BBC historical drama that first broadcast in 2013 and starts its third series next month. Shelby is a racecourse hustler turned crime lord in interwar Birmingham: extremely violent, extremely determined and centrally defined by an absolute disregard for his own existence. “Godless,” Murphy calls him. “Unafraid to die. Deep down, maybe wishing to die. Which makes him terrifying, you know?”

We agree it seems most unlikely, in the show’s immediate future, that the character of Tommy Shelby will wring his hands and ponder the existentials of turning 40. The drama, written by Steven Knight, is named for Tommy’s gang of crooks – known as “Peaky Blinders” because of the razor blades, or blinders, they keep hidden in the folds of their peaked caps. Knife fights are not infrequent, but it would be an uncharacteristically benign episode of Peaky Blinders were Tommy Shelby to be threatened only with razors. By my count, Murphy’s character gets a cocked gun pressed to his temple at least once an episode. He’s endured beatings, bullets to the chest, amateurish and punitive dentistry. He’s shot both enemies and friends in the head. The new series will pick up after a second-series finale during which Shelby avoided execution in a muddy field. At the very end of that long, fierce scene – a piece of properly unforgettable telly – he staggered away looking almost aggrieved not to have been finally put down.

In the best possible way, Tommy Shelby is absolutely exhausting to watch. “He’s exhausting to play,” Murphy counters. “I think it’s because he’s so relentless. And he never seems to sleep. There’s never a point where he says, ‘Fuck it’ and gives up. Tommy is a gift of a character, but he does wear me down. I come away drained.”

Boring practical factors contribute, Murphy says. Peaky Blinders shoots tend to be compressed and demanding. “Eleven-day fortnights, 16-hour days, pages and pages of dialogue.” Though set in 1920s Birmingham, filming takes place in Liverpool; during shoots, Murphy moves away from his wife and two sons in Dublin and stays in a rented flat in the city. Life around filming, he says, “is zero. It’s cancelled life. You go home to your tiny apartment at the end of the day and you feed yourself for sustenance and you learn the lines for the next day and you try to get as much sleep as you possibly can. Which isn’t much. And then you get up and do it again.”

When you put it like that, playing Tommy Shelby doesn’t sound so appealing. “It’s not!” Murphy says. “But when they say, ‘Action’, that’s when you’re happiest.”

Take the execution scene at the end of the last series, he says. That one was filmed one morning in a frozen field somewhere. “You’re cold, you’re shivering, you feel like your core is frozen. But when they say, ‘Action’ it just… stops. On stage, they call this Doctor Theatre. You know, no matter how ill or how sick you are, you go on stage and, boom, you feel 100%. It must be adrenaline, or concentration, or a combination of both.”

Murphy’s wife of 12 years is an artist, Yvonne McGuinness. They met in Dublin in their 20s and now have two sons, Malachy and Aran, who are both in primary school. Until last year, the family lived in Kilburn, north-west London, where the pair moved after they met. Last year’s relocation back to Ireland, Murphy explains, was precipitated in part by the nearly-being-40 thing. “I loved living in London in my 20s and 30s, but after a while you kind of go, ‘Right, is this it? Is this it for the rest of my days? Or is there some other possibility?’”

He and his wife wanted their sons to grow up nearer their grandparents. To live by the sea. “We wanted them to be Irish, I suppose. It’s amazing how quickly their accents have adapted. Even within a year of moving back, they are fading into this rakish west Brit kind of thing. Which I think, hopefully, will get them lots of girls when they’re 15.”

Murphy sees in his sons a level of confidence, a sureness of themselves, that he did not feel at the same age. “I had bravado. But, deep down… I don’t know, they seem better adjusted than I was. More sure of themselves. I’m happy about that. For me, it was something that took a long time to figure out: that it’s all right to be you, that it’s all right to be an individual.”

I have a recurring dream that I’m on stage in Disco Pigs. After 20 years, I can still get out a few lines
Murphy’s parents both worked in education (his mother is a French teacher, his father a civil servant in the Irish department of education). The oldest of four siblings, he was sent to a private school, Presentation Brothers College, the kind of place where being clever and being sporty were of paramount importance. “But I was always fascinated by the idea of artists: authors, playwrights, musicians. Those things seemed alien and otherworldly at the time. Impossible for me to be connected to in any way. At a rugby[-playing], academic school, you felt a little bit foolish thinking you could ever enter into that artistic world.”

But enter into that world he did – belatedly, headlong – in 1996, when he was a 20-year-old undergraduate at University College Cork. Murphy was bored and in the second year of a law degree; over the years, he had performed with amateur bands, singing and playing guitar, but had not tried acting before. One night, out with friends, he watched an adaptation of A Clockwork Orange, a weird and ambitious production staged in a nightclub. He remembers dry ice, a DJ, mohawked performers on stilts coming out into the audience to make trouble. Murphy was bowled over. Afterwards, he started petitioning the theatre company, Corcadorca, to give him an audition. Before long, he was cast in a two-hander called Disco Pigs, about a pair of strange, inseparable teens on a night out in Cork. It was written by Enda Walsh, then an unknown playwright, and booked to run for a few weeks at Cork’s Triskel Arts Centre. But it became a smash and ran and ran.

Disco Pigs transferred to Dublin, then to Edinburgh, then London, then Europe, Australia and north America. In the end, the young cast and crew were on the road for 18 months. “It was like being in a band again. Except that people actually came to the shows,” Murphy says. “That time, making Disco Pigs, was kind of the most important period of my life. The people I met there remain my closest friends. Enda Walsh. Pat Kiernan [its director]. Eileen Walsh [his co-star]. They shaped me in terms of my tastes, in terms of what I wanted to do with my life. And it was around the same time I met my wife. She came on tour with us. It was so exciting, 20 years ago or whatever it was – we were all just kids, trying to find our way – but such a special, special time.”

He got his first screen roles, mostly in independent Irish films, off the back of the play. He remembers his hands shaking uncontrollably on set while playing a four-line extra who had to serve Brendan Gleeson a pint in 1998’s Sweety Barrett. (Gleeson has since become a pal.) In this early period, there were many unhappy meetings with casting directors, a tribe who typically struggled with the hard C in Murphy’s first name and sometimes cut him off mid-audition, mid-sentence even: “Thanks, Silly-an, you can go now.” The film industry’s capacity for callousness came into proper focus, he says, when Disco Pigs was adapted for the screen in 2001. Murphy was hired to reprise his role. Eileen Walsh, who’d played opposite him on stage for almost two years, “becoming like a sister”, was not. (Elaine Cassidy was cast in her place.) “It was a very sharp shock. I remember there was a moment when you think, ‘Am I not going to do this now?’”

That film was a gore-fest. They had a giant jar on set that said ‘Edible Bile’ on it. I remember the taste
He did make the film, and fortunately so. Danny Boyle saw it and called in Murphy to audition for a new horror film he was making, 28 Days Later. “Put through the wringer” by Boyle over five or six meetings, Murphy finally secured the lead role of Jim – “a feckin’ bike courier”, as Murphy has it, “who finds himself the avenging-angel survivor of a zombie apocalypse”. He has cheerful memories of Boyle’s shoot, mostly involving being doused in artificial blood. “Yeah, that film was a particular gore-fest. I remember a giant jar they had on set that just said ‘Edible Bile’ on it. I remember the taste.”

Boyle’s film secured Murphy a run of Hollywood parts. He played one of Scarlett Johansson’s love interests in Girl With A Pearl Earring in 2003, and an altogether creepier suitor to Rachel McAdams in Red Eye in 2005. That same year he returned home to Cork to film Ken Loach’s drama about the Irish war of independence, The Wind That Shakes The Barley. McGuinness was pregnant with their first son at the time, and the couple moved back to stay with Murphy’s parents for the summer. As Murphy once brilliantly described this period, “I was living at home with my folks; my wife was pregnant with our son; and we were running around the hills of west Cork shooting up Black and Tans. Fantastic!” He was also, that magic summer, in cinemas everywhere as part of Christopher Nolan’s millions-grossing blockbuster Batman Begins.

When Nolan first started scheming up his superhero reboot, in the early 00s, he had wondered if Murphy might make a good Batman. This ludicrous idea – Murphy quickly came to find it ludicrous – apparently got as far as the Irishman being urged into a bat costume. He felt swamped, silly. Nolan said, “You’re not quite right.” Murphy quickly agreed.

Christian Bale ended up as Batman, of course, but Nolan did use Murphy as the movie’s villain, Jonathan Crane, a spindly-limbed psychopath who dressed up in sackcloth and called himself the Scarecrow. As the Scarecrow, it didn’t matter that Murphy was slight, physically unimposing, because this was a baddie who went around dousing his victims in nerve gas, debilitating them with terrible nightmares. A few years later, when Nolan cast Murphy in his 2010 movie Inception, a high-concept summer blockbuster starring Leonardo DiCaprio, weaponised dreams featured once again. This time it was Murphy’s character who was subjected to nightmares, plunged into a coma while DiCaprio’s gang of thieves infiltrated his subconscious to plunder his secrets.

Does he ever have weird dreams himself? Um, Murphy says. Two stand out. “The classic actors’ dream, where I go on stage thinking I’m about to do a play I know.” Maybe Misterman, from 2012, or Ballyturk, from 2014, both written by Walsh, both with Murphy in the lead role, both earning noisy acclaim from critics and audiences. “And then I get out there, on stage, and I see the lighting and scenery, and it’s Disco Pigs. Deep in the recesses of my subconscious, I can still get out a few lines, after 20 years. But I’m desperately reaching for more.”

What’s the other one?

“It’s the only recurring dream I have,” Murphy says. “I’m crawling in a tunnel, to a place where it’s so narrow I can only go forward or back.” He thinks about this and adds: “I don’t know what the fuck that means in a Freudian sense.” He thinks about it some more and adds: “For God’s sake, don’t make that the backbone of your article.”

His recurring tunnel dream proved to be a strange sort of dramatic aid once Peaky Blinders came along. Murphy says he was “very, very keen” when he first read Steven Knight’s pilot script. More keen on Peaky, perhaps, than Peaky was on him. “I remember there was some reservation [on the producers’ part] regarding my physicality. And fair enough: I’m a skinny Irish guy. I’d played a bad guy a couple of times, but always weedy, nerdy guys, never physically capable ones.” Trying to get a grip on the part of Tommy Shelby, Murphy returned to the script and zeroed in on the fact that, before establishing himself as a Midlands mob boss, Shelby had been a soldier in the trenches during the first world war. He was one of those soldiers, moreover, who with grim humour called themselves “claykickers”, whose job it was to dig tunnels deep into the mud and plant bombs under enemy lines.

Tunnels! Murphy could sympathise. It gave him something to work with, a psychological way into a character who was very different from himself. As for the physicality of the part, Murphy set about convincing producers, as well as himself, that he could pull off Tommy Shelby by lowering the pitch of his voice, by straightening out of a lifelong slouch to adopt what he now calls his “George W Bush walk”. (Circling the park, he demonstrates: “Shoulders out. Chest as broad as possible. Making the most of what physicality you have.”) Before the pilot, and before every series since, the actor has done what he can, through his diet and the gym, to add some heft to his body. Submitting to the uniform Peaky Blinders haircut – oily flap above a close-shaved back and sides – always helps suggest a certain toughness.

But really, as any fan of the show will tell you, the awesome menace exists almost entirely behind the eyes. “I’m trying to play a mentality,” Murphy explains. A mentality, he adds, that isn’t so easily switched off once filming on Peaky comes to an end. For three series running, he says, there has been a funny period of decompression once he gets home. The hair has to grow out, his jaw and shoulders unclench – the internal aggression, carefully tended for weeks, allowed to dissipate. “It takes time. My wife can see it happening. ‘OK. Tommy’s gradually leaving. I’m getting Cillian back.’”

Right now, in the Murphy-McGuinness household, Cillian’s back. He finished shooting a couple of studio movies late last year – a 1970s-set gangster flick, Free Fire, with Brie Larson, and a 1940s war drama, Anthropoid, with Jamie Dornan – and is granting himself some months off. He’s going to spend the time “being normal for a while”. There will be family trips to the sea, he expects. Nights in with Radio 4. Cups of Barry’s Tea and the Beatles on the stereo. “Going for runs. Reading. Being a dad.”

And turning 40.

“Yeah.” Murphy allows a hollow laugh. “Turning 40. Figuring out that new phase. But hopefully... hopefully doing it with some elegance, you know?”

kV3sxYul.jpg

Alberta, Canada. A massive wildfire rages near Anzac, south-west of Fort McMurray, Alberta
Photograph: Chris SchwarzFort McMurray wildfire evacuees head south in mass road convoy. Helicopter leads initial convoy of 400 vehicles through Fort McMurray as airlifts from work camps continue.

fTihQorl.jpg

Ponso is the only survivor of 20 chimps who were left abandoned on a desert island off the Ivory Coast. The group were subjected to years of medical experiments at the New York Blood Center, and then left on the island in 1983, with no food or water. After being in captivity for so long, they struggled to survive in the wild and many succumbed to illness or starvation. A campaign raised over €$43,000 to help nurture the chimp back to health, with the help of primate expert Estelle Raballand. She hopes to eventually relocate him to a sanctuary with other adult chimps. Photograph: Martin Broomfied

Wishing you all a great week end, have fun, take care ! c725GxD.gif

ange1 avatar
Posted: Sun May 08, 2016 09:19
Hello Thalestris and all :) thank you that would be great if you could post who will be the next James Bond, pretty excited to find out who it will be :)

Love the post about Cillian Murphy :) Awesome actor and his role in Peaky Blinders is awesome. Loved the first show of season 3. Also liked him in the movie In the Heart of the Sea and Red Lights nice thriller with Robert De Niro. Love a movie where you have to guess before the ending :)

Wish you and all a Great Sunday and ooh weather here is lovely and sunny today :)
ange1 avatar
Posted: Fri May 13, 2016 11:10
Hello Thalestris and all :) thought i would post the new Assassin's Creed Trailer :) quite excited to watch the movie, it looks good :)

Wishing everyone a wonderful Friday :)
Thalestris avatar
Posted: Fri May 20, 2016 17:02
Hi ange !! Thank you so much my dear friend for keeping the thread alive this week and posting this new trailer. I hope that you all had a good week !!? And it's Friday at last !! And I just realized that I started this thread a year ago, so I do have to thank all the people who stopped by to say hi, plus all my faithful readers ! And I do remember that I made a "Cannes Festival special" last year, so here is a little one again this year. I'll obviously post the results later on next week. Ok then so let's go. Most trailers posted afterwards are in movies in competition. my7bulV.gif

lTQMBOPl.jpg

Nicolas Winding Refn: society has become necrophiliac as the internet merges death and beauty
Danish director defends polorised response to latest film in Cannes, suggests digital revolution has caused death and beauty to combine and alleges Lars von Trier tried to sleep with his wife

The last time Nicolas Winding Refn premiered a film at Cannes – the violent, stylish thriller Only God Forgives (2013), starring a near-mute Ryan Gosling – the closing credits were soundtracked by boos, broken by the occasional whoop. On Thursday, history repeated itself as the crowd at the Palais expressed a largely hostile – but sporadically ecstatic – response to Refn’s latest, a lavishly-graphic horror set among Los Angeles supermodels.

Speaking on Friday, Refn declared himself happy with the response. “Baby, we’re search and destroy,” he said. The reactions, he declared, were “punk rock. Fuck the establishment. Take it or leave it but you cannot deny it.

“If we don’t split [opinion], what are we doing here?” continued the director, whose first film to screen at Cannes, Drive (2011), met with near-universal praise. “Art is not about good or bad, guys. Those days are over. The internet has changed film as an experience. Good or bad is Chinese food, or the pepper steak you had at whatever French bistro last night.

“If you don’t react, what are you doing here? Why would you waste your time? There’s so many other things that are worth doing than watching a movie or TV show just to consume time.”

Such a stance was crucial, Refn stressed. “Whatever you got, I’ll tear it down, and I’ll give you something else instead. I want my children to have the same attitude. Have integrity. Take no prisoners. Don’t compromise on life or anything.”

Refn was holding court at a lively press conference, in which he also described his countryman Lars Von Trier of having “done a lot of drugs” and being “over the hill”. Refn, whose father, Anders, is Von Trier’s long-time editor, added that the last time he had seen the director (who was declared persona non grata by Cannes in 2011 for a joke in which he expressed sympathy for Hitler), Von Trier had “tried to tell my wife he wanted to have sex with her”. “I told him to fuck off,” explained Refn. “So he found some other slut.”

The Neon Demon is Refn’s first film with a female protagonist: Jesse, played by Elle Fanning, who makes her way to Los Angeles aged 16 to seek her fortune as a model. She swiftly finds success, to the opprobrium of other models, who find unconventional revenge. As well as featuring vampirism and cannibalism, the film also features a memorable morgue-set sex scene.

Asked if he felt today’s society was inherently necrophiliac, Refn said “as a metaphor, that’s spot on”. “Death and beauty has now become one, because the digital revolution has and is in the process of creating an alternative universe that my children and their children will live within almost as if it was a real world”.

“The digital revolution has sped up a part of man’s evolution,” he continued, making several references to his fears for that daughters are growing up in atmosphere that suggests “beauty isn’t everything; it’s the only thing”. “It’s a very, very uncomfortable thing to even think about it. I think there is something very terrifying in thinking the world can only be about beauty. The reality is that it’s an obsession that has only grown, even though was try to rationalise it.”

Refn, who frequently shoots commercials for clothing brands, including David Beckham’s campaign for H&M, said his experience of the fashion industry was that “any environment that is so much focused on how you look is extremely harsh because it really comes on how were you born. And that itself is such a horrible world to live in, where the reality is so extreme. it’s very intoxicating but it’s very frightening.”

Last night Refn and Fanning had attended the amfAR gala, a glitzy fundraiser for Aids research charities, which had acted, said the director, as pre-prom party for the actor, who is missing her own high school prom on Friday night. It was also, he said, an instructive sight in light of the movie, which suggests cosmetic surgery is both fundamentally suspect and always possible to detect. “There was a lot of plastic surgery at amfAR,” said Refn. “So it was pretty easy to see who was who. We were the normal couple.”

Wishing you all a great week end, have fun, take care ! VRqZgzU.gif

ange1 avatar
Posted: Sat May 21, 2016 06:46
Aww your most welcome Thalestris, thank you for being a very dear friend :) ooh and also for the great posts :) Wow a year today time goes so quickly. Well we are blessed to have you hear you keep us all updated with your wonderful news and trailers from around the world so a Big THANK YOU for all you do here :)

Have a lovely weekend, hopefully a nice relaxing one...
Thalestris avatar
Posted: Sun May 22, 2016 19:26
ange1 wrote:
Aww your most welcome Thalestris, thank you for being a very dear friend :) ooh and also for the great posts :) Wow a year today time goes so quickly. Well we are blessed to have you hear you keep us all updated with your wonderful news and trailers from around the world so a Big THANK YOU for all you do here :)

Have a lovely weekend, hopefully a nice relaxing one...

Hi my dear friend ! Many thanks for your best wishes and your support all that time, everyday, I mean you know how much it means to me ! So, I couldn't wait till tomorrow .. I just watched the results and the winner is Ken Loach !!! I , Daniel Blake Luckily, I won't be double posting too much the trailers ... So here is the full list , unfortunately "Graduation" doesn't have English subtitles. And I wish you all a great start of the week. my7bulV.gif

zhzvL8Zl.jpg

Cannes Festival 2016 : Palme d’Or: I, Daniel Blake

A middle aged carpenter who requires state welfare after injuring himself, and is joined by a single mother in a similar scenario.Director: Ken Loach, Writer: Paul Laverty (screenplay),Cast: Natalie Ann Jamieson, Colin Coombs, Dave Johns, 2016, Drama (UK).

Grand Prix: Xavier Dolan, It’s Only the End of the World

Best director: Graduation (Cristian Mungui) and Personal Shopper (Olivier Assayes)

(no English subtitles yet )

Best actress: Jaclyn Jose, Ma Rosa

Best screenplay: Asghar Fahardi, The Salesman

Jury prize: Andrea Arnold, American Honey

Best actor: Shahab Hosseini, The Salesman

Caméra d’Or (best first feature): Divines (director: Houda Benyamina)

Best short film: Timecode

VRqZgzU.gif

Thalestris avatar
Posted: Wed May 25, 2016 17:36
Hi everybody ! I hope that you all had a great start of the week? So what's up in the world ? Well no idea really, apart from France which is on strike.. I don't have much time to read the foreign newspapers .. But I promised ange that I'll keep her posted regarding the next James Bond.. And it looks like we have a potential Jane Bond now and I've added some new movie trailers and clips, so let's go !

gsr3oUgl.png

It's Bond, Jane Bond: Gillian Anderson throws hat into the ring to be next 007
Star of The X-Files and The Fall puts herself into the running – alongside Tom Hiddleston, Idris Elba and Damian Lewis – with Twitter poster

Gillian Anderson has hinted that she would accept the role as the first female Bond, tweeting out a mocked-up poster of herself as 007.

The star of The Fall and The X-Files expressed her desire to take over from Daniel Craig as the world’s most famous secret agent, tweeting, alongside the poster: “It’s Bond, Jane Bond.”

She added: “(And sorry, don’t know who made poster but I love it!)”, with the hashtag #NextBond.

Speculation has been raging over who will fill Craig’s shoes, with bookies last week suspending betting on Night Manager star Tom Hiddleston after a flurry of interest.

Others in the running to play the spy in the next 007 film include actor and DJ Idris Elba and Homeland star Damian Lewis.

But Anderson’s suggestion that she wants the role sent Twitter into a frenzy.

Last week it was reported that Craig had turned down £60m to make two more films with the franchise. However, reports later said he was yet to make a decision on his future as Bond.

Despite that, it is widely believed Craig wants to move on after four outings as 007.

Hiddleston, who played spy Jonathan Pine in the Night Manager, has played down speculation that he would take on the role, recently telling the BBC’s Graham Norton Show: “The position isn’t vacant as far as I’m aware. No one has talked to me about it.

“I think the rumours have come about because in the Night Manager I play a spy and people have made the link.”

Meanwhile Elba, who starred in Luther, has spoken of being weary of the constant speculation. “I’m probably the most famous Bond actor in the world, and I’ve not even played the role,” he said in an interview with the Daily Telegraph in 2015. “Enough is enough. I can’t talk about it any more.”

Wishing you all a great Wednesday morning, afternoon, evening and good luck for tomorrow ! 8dOmi6C.gif

ange1 avatar
Posted: Thu May 26, 2016 13:13
Hello my dear friend aww so sorry for this late reply and your more than welcome. Thank you so much for all your support and best wishes. It takes nothing at all to say thank you, least i can do for all your posts.

Oooh and thank you for posting the results :)

Regarding James Bond omg as much as i like her as an actress i have to say sorry Gillian i just don't see you as OO7 it just would not seem right but that is just my personal opinion :)
ange1 avatar
Posted: Thu May 26, 2016 14:25
OOh i can't wait for this next year :) it is my all time favourite Disney movie.

The trailer Beauty and the Beast became the most-viewed such clip of all time with 91.8 million hits in its first 24 hours, the Hollywood Reporter says. Wow a lot of viewers..... amazing :)

Thalestris avatar
Posted: Fri May 27, 2016 16:49
ange1 wrote:
Hello my dear friend aww so sorry for this late reply and your more than welcome. Thank you so much for all your support and best wishes. It takes nothing at all to say thank you, least i can do for all your posts.

Oooh and thank you for posting the results :)

Regarding James Bond omg as much as i like her as an actress i have to say sorry Gillian i just don't see you as OO7 it just would not seem right but that is just my personal opinion :)

Hi ange !! Thank you for posting the trailer , I missed that one as well.. And regarding Gillian Anderson , I totally agree with you, it would be just strange.. A complete different kind of movie.. And women would have nothing to fantasize about anymore.. So just a little post to wish you all a great week end ! first that story, Alfred Hitchcock would have loved that one. One pic and lots of trailers.. So let's go.

2F2QXD1l.jpg

Vancouver police confirmed that a crow had – albeit temporarily – interfered with the crime scene investigation. Photograph: Alamy

Canada : Crow swoops into crime scene and tries to steal knife identified as evidence

The police tape was meant to keep people out, allowing investigators in Vancouver to pore over the scene left behind after a car exploded into flames and police confronted a man wielding a knife.

But it was little deterrent to a crow, who swooped into the crime scene and breezed past more than 20 police officers to make off with the knife in question.

“It was really strange,” said Vancouver Courier reporter Mike Howell. “In my 20-plus years reporting from crime scenes, I’ve never seen anything like that crow trying to take a knife.”

One of the officers was forced to follow the crow as it scampered away with the knife firmly in its beak. “A cop chased it for about 15ft to 20ft, and then the crow dropped it and took off,” Howell told the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation on Wednesday.

Vancouver police confirmed that a crow had – albeit temporarily – interfered with the crime scene investigation. “The crow was persistent, but the knife was eventually gathered as evidence,” said spokesman Brian Montague.

Sporting a red band on its leg, the crow was also spotted perched on the roof of the crime scene’s charred car and pecking at gear belonging to a local camera operator. It also tried to steal a pair of sunglasses from the area.

Some speculated the ruckus-raising bird in question was actually Canuck the crow, described by the CBC as the city’s most notorious bird. Rehabilitated by humans after falling from its nest, the bird – identifiable by a red tag on its leg – has become a fixture in East Vancouver, celebrated for his penchant for making off with cigarettes, lighters, keys and anything else he can get.

A Facebook page dedicated to Canuck documents his many escapades, which range from flapping around on public transit alongside commuters to skateboarding.

Police said on Tuesday that a 28-year-old man had been shot after he confronted police with a knife. He was taken to hospital and treated for gunshot and knife wounds that were not life-threatening. The shooting is being investigated by the province’s independent investigations office.

thNuwx7l.jpg

Australia scrubbed from UN climate change report after government intervention. Exclusive: All mentions of Australia were removed from the final version of a Unesco report on climate change and world heritage sites after the Australian government objected on the grounds it could impact on tourism. The Great Barrier Reef is in the midst of its worst crisis in recorded history. Unusually warm water has caused 93% of the reefs along the 2,300km site to experience bleaching. Photograph: XL Catlin Seaview Survey.

Wishing you all a great week end, have fun, take care ! 8dOmi6C.gif

Thalestris avatar
Posted: Mon May 30, 2016 16:51
Hi everybody !! I hope that you all had a great week end ? So what's up in the world.. Some interesting events today and also, we certainly have another potential Jane Bond ha ha ha !! I start to find that story rather entertaining.. Girl power ange, girl power !!! DqBryP7.gif Anyways, I've added a few pics and just a few movie trailers I'm afraid.. I've been a bit too greedy last week, so we'll have to be patient.. So here we go !

ZZHPDvLl.jpg

Emilia Clarke nominates herself as a Jane Bond contender (and DiCaprio as a 'Bond boy'). Game of Thrones star says playing a gender-swapped version of the 007 agent is an ‘unrealised dream’ and says DiCaprio would be her ‘ultimate leading man’.

How to make James Bond relevant – make him battle Trump and the oligarchs (author : Paul Mason)

The new 007 should get political and take on the real-life cat-stroking sadists who would plunge the world into war and climate chaos

Bond should be female. Bond should be black. Bond should be an actor famous for being posh, blond and perfect. Or an actress famous for asexual nudity in a shlock medieval megaseries. It could even, at a pinch, be Daniel Craig again; he has turned the role so dark that, in Spectre, the villains began to look less steel-eyed, Nordic and mentally tortured than the hero.

All these outcomes are possible. But I have a more radical proposal: politicise Bond.

Bond’s raison d’etre was to defend the postwar order in the west. He only survived the end of the cold war by morphing twice. First, into an all-purpose defender of decency against organised crime. And then into that ultimate postmodern signifier: the fashion model who runs about amid explosions.

The sight of Daniel Craig’s physique forced into a suit made apparently one size too small by designer Tom Ford, and then trying to run with his jacket buttoned tight like a Russian oligarch’s security detail, signalled that the end of the line must be close. On Sunday, the director, Sam Mendes, announced he is going to quit – so the big question now is: what should Bond become?

In Ian Fleming’s novels, Bond’s obsession with smart food, wine, cars and clothing symbolised fastidiousness in a dirty world. “You must forgive me,” Bond tells Vesper Lynd in the novel Casino Royale, after informing her that Taittinger is the world’s greatest champagne: “I take a ridiculous pleasure in what I eat and drink. It comes partly from being a bachelor, but mostly from a habit of taking a lot of trouble over the details.”

But that world is gone. Not only the class distinctions, blurred forever by the “mass luxury” brand empires; it is the concept of the west that is blurred, and that makes choosing the next Bond, and giving him or her a feasible plotline, almost impossible. The Bond franchise can only maintain its current formula – spectacular violence, bad couture and vanilla sex – if it completes its detachment from reality.

Instead, try this thought experiment. The Bond of Casino Royale, written in 1953, time travels to London in 2016. Once he’s got over the multi-ethnicity, the unacceptability of smoking and the proliferation of actual casinos, what does he do?

As a trained intelligence operative, he makes a summary of the threats. There is jihadism, prone to unleashing suicidal attacks on civilians in major cities. There is Russia, its nuclear-armed bombers buzzing the airspace of the west, its soft power invading the very heartlands of British decency – Mayfair and Knightsbridge – in a way no Soviet operation managed.

He mulls – over a dry Martini, naturally – which is the greater threat, and which is more urgent. And then it hits him. It’s not Russia, not Isis, not even the decadence that has turned western civilisation soft. The threat is that a madman from central casting gains control of the White House, becomes commander-in-chief of the US military and gets his hands on the nuclear arsenal of the world’s only superpower. After that, the global order fragments; Nato becomes a sham; the Paris climate accord is ruined; China and Japan turn nasty over small islands; the social fires raging in developing world burn out of control, propelling millions of refugees northwards.

Bond comes to a swift conclusion: he must target Donald Trump. Somehow, I doubt Barbara Broccoli would entertain this scenario, whether starring Idris Elba, Tom Hiddleston or Emilia Clarke. So what, in reality, are the options?

Fleming’s original Bond played on a subtext in postwar western life: that, during the war, ordinary, decent people had been forced to do thrilling, transgressive things they could not talk about in peacetime. And then, in peacetime – that grey world of rationing and sexual conformity – some very lucky people got to live the dream some more.

The Bond of 1953 is clinically, violently polyamorous, with untramelled access to the luxury world of the old elite – hotels, champagne and Bentleys – without any need to observe the social conformity that elite membership demands. He has permission to break the rules of western civilisation in order to save it – and through the books and movies, so, vicariously, do we.

Since Craig took over the role, in 2006, Bond’s enemies have been members of Quantum, a kind of LinkedIn for the criminal business elite. In the latest movie, following the settlement of a copyright dispute, Quantum was revealed as a sub-branch of Spectre, run by arch-enemy Ernst Blofeld. But the franchise never embraced the full anti-capitalist potential of this storyline.

For the Bond genre to survive, Spectre would have to be portrayed, overtly, as the global oligarchy, ripping off the world. Bond would be tasked by MI6 to kill and maim members of the hedge-fund industry, the fracking bosses and the global CEOs extorting financial rent from the rest of us.

He – or she – might start by having a quiet word with the man who tried to hike the price of HIV drugs from $13.50 to $750, and then move on to the Saudi millionaires who have bankrolled violent jihadism. The Panama Papers would leave such a reincarnated Bond with no shortage of targets; ditto the list of failed war-crimes prosecutions by the International Criminal Court.

When the Bond films, beginning with Thunderball, altered the hero’s focus from anti-Soviet espionage to a fight against a global network of greed-inspired madmen, it was read as a cop-out. The Soviet threat had been real; supervillains such as Blofeld were not.

But palaces and mansions of the world are now replete with cat-stroking sadists who would plunge us into war and climate chaos as long as it furnishes a batch of new Italian suits each year, and a different Breguet for every day of the week.

The next Bond – and the next director – must have a go at the real enemy. Or he must die trying. That would be a great finale.

rWk5jl8l.jpg

Africa: Chad's Hissène Habré found guilty of crimes against humanity. Verdict in Senegal makes Habré first former head of state to be convicted of the charge by the courts of another country.

tgRqn9Ql.jpg

Pechora Sea, Russia. The Prirazlomnaya offshore ice-resistant oil-producing platform is the world’s first operational Arctic rig. Photograph: Anadolu Agency

F6Casf7l.jpg

Several new species of peacock spider – just a few millimetres long and featuring extraordinary colours – have been discovered in Western Australia and South Australia. Sydney biologist Jürgen Otto, who discovered the seven new species, has compared their behaviour to that of cats and dogs. "Maratus Bubo". Photograph: Jürgen Otto

Wishing you a great week ahead, good luck , take care ! 8dOmi6C.gif

ange1 avatar
Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:02
Hello Thalestris sorry for the late reply but your very welcome for the trailer. Oooh and regarding Emilia Clarke sorry still think James Bond should always be a man but she is a brilliant actor and certainly has a big screen presence :) I am looking forward to watching her new movie tho... Me before You showing how she can play a sweet softer side :)
Thalestris avatar
Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:45
ange1 wrote:
Hello Thalestris sorry for the late reply but your very welcome for the trailer. Oooh and regarding Emilia Clarke sorry still think James Bond should always be a man but she is a brilliant actor and certainly has a big screen presence :) I am looking forward to watching her new movie tho... Me before You showing how she can play a sweet softer side :)

Hi ange , I hope that you had a good week ? And you're looking forward to watching "Me Before You" , I hope that it will be good ? For my part, I definitely want to see "The Nice Guys". Anyways, really glad to be back in here , what a crazy week in France oh my.. Between the strikes, the floods, the lack of petrol.. I'm wondering if I just shouldn't buy a boat or something.. Fortunately the sun seems to come back.. At last ! So what's up in the world, I missed all the headlines and also the big commercial movie trailers.. But nevertheless, I tried to make a post as appealing as possible so let's go !

43YdWeIl.jpg

ROSE BYRNE'S BOX OFFICE TAKEOVER (By Emma Brown ,Photography Thomas Whiteside- Published 05/18/16).

Rose Byrne is in the midst of May madness. On Friday, Neighbors 2: Sorority Rising comes out in theaters across the U.S. Both joyously silly and surprisingly on-the-nose, the film is a follow up to Nicholas Stoller's 2014 comedy Neighbors. The entire cast is reunited, from Byrne and Seth Rogan, who star as Kelly and Mac Radner, suburban spouses coming to terms with parenthood; to Zac Efron as former fraternity bro extraordinaire Teddy Saunders; Ike Barinholtz and Carla Gallo as Mac and Kelly's misguided best friends; and Lisa Kudrow as the publicity-conscious university dean. Even Elise and Zoey Vargas, who played Mac and Kelly's baby daughter Stella in the first film, have reprised their role. Two years ago the Radners entered into a prank-filled rivalry with a neighboring fraternity, while this time their enemy is a little more relatable: a sorority created by a group of young women (Chloë Grace Moretz, Kiersey Clemons, and Beanie Fieldstein) who just want to party on their own terms.

If that isn't enough, next week Byrne will celebrate the release of X-Men: Apocalypse, another blockbuster sequel with an impressive ensemble cast. "X-Men is more the emotional and intelligent end of the superhero spectrum for my taste," she comments over the phone. "They always bring something operatic to the pictures."

Raised in a suburb of Sydney, Australia, and currently based in New York, Byrne grew up watching the British sitcom Fawlty Towers with her family. "John Cleese was one of my acting idols," she recalls. At 13, she made her film debut in Dallas Doll (1994). In her early 20s, she dropped out of university in Sydney to work on her second film, Two Hands (2009), with Heath Ledger.

Recent roles in Get Him to the Greek (2010), Bridesmaids (2011), Spy (2015), and the Broadway play You Can't Take It With You (2014) have cemented Byrne's status as a comedian, but she is by no means a one-note actor. Over the course of her career, she's worked with noted directors such as Sofia Coppola, Peter Weir, George Lucas, Danny Boyle, Paul Feig, and Derek Cianfrance, and held her own against seasoned thespians like her Damages co-star Glenn Close.

"I think comedy is very hard," says Byrne. "It's very scientific getting the beats of it. Comedy and drama are challenging in different ways, but they come from the same place," she continues. "The stakes are very high when something's funny and the stakes also have to be high for something to be dramatic."

EMMA BROWN: I heard you just got back from L.A. Were you doing lots of press?

ROSE BYRNE: We had the premiere last night. I got to see the movie, which was super fun.

BROWN: Had you seen the movie before?

BYRNE: No, I hadn't. I wanted to wait until the premiere. With a comedy, it's so important to see it with an audience and an audience who really wants to be there and is enthusiastic, otherwise it can be quite a traumatizing experience. I went to a screening of Bridesmaids where it was just publicists and journalists, and everybody was on their phone the whole time and no one was really laughing except for a couple of guys down the front. I walked away going, "Okay. No one likes this movie." So ever since then, I've been like, "I'm not going to see a comedy except for at the premiere."

BROWN: Is there one particular joke at the beginning of the film where you feel like, if the audience laughs, the whole film will go down well?

BYRNE: It's such a blur when you're watching it. It's a very strange experience anyway, confronting your head that large on the screen, etcetera. But Neighbors is a very hard and fast comedy, so there's a joke within the first 30 seconds of the movie. I knew if they were laughing at that, then we were in good hands, and they were. It's a very good sequel. It's so challenging to make a good sequel, but Nick really did a great job.

BROWN: I didn't realize that the twins who play Stella in this film also played her in the original Neighbors.

BYRNE: Elise and Zoey! Nick Stoller, our director, was looking at older girls and then was like, "I can't do it without them." They're fantastic and their father who's on set with them all the time is fantastic. We totally lucked out. I think Nick didn't want to risk it. He was a little superstitious about it.

BROWN: Did they recognize you?

BYRNE: No. [laughs] They had no idea who I was. But they were lovely.

BROWN: When did you first hear about a potential Neighbors sequel and when did you know it was going to involve a sorority?

BYRNE: I think it was late 2014 that we started talking about it. There were many different incarnations of the script. That was what we were all waiting on, getting the story right and the script down before we all signed on. But I trust Nick implicitly. I've worked with him three times now. The characters are really what made that movie so special. People really delighted in this marriage between Mac and Kelly, which I think you hadn't really seen before. And Zac is so great as Teddy Saunders. He's very funny and slightly making fun of his own persona too, in the press anyway.

BROWN: I've heard a lot of stories about actors having BB gun fights on the set of the X-Men films. Is that something you've experience?

BYRNE: Yeah, there's a lot of that. There's a lot of ping pong backstage, building cans and shooting them off with a BB guns. A lot of games going on. It's a team experience on X-Men. [laughs] I was so tickled to be asked back. I had kept in touch with some of the cast, so it was really lovely.

BROWN: I wanted to go back to the beginning of your career, was Dallas Doll your first professional audition?

BYRNE: Yes, it was. I was at the Australian Theatre for Young People, which is a theater school in Sydney for extra curricular classes. A casting agent came in from a Sydney casting company and got me in to audition for this film that Sandra Bernhard was coming in to do in Australia. I went in and I got a few callbacks and then got the part.

BROWN: Do you remember what being on set for the first time was like? Was it nerve-wracking?

BYRNE: I wasn't that nervous at that age. It was really exciting and fascinating—all these people and cameras and boxes and cords. It felt very adult, I suppose. It was an eye-opening experience at that age. I was just 13 and I was realizing that I could do this for a job.

BROWN: When you came back to school after the film, were people nice and excited about it? Or were you the "acting kid"?

BYRNE: When I was that little, they were fine. No one really noticed I'd been gone. I did a soap in Australia called Echo Point when I was 15 or 16, and when I came back from that I was more self-conscious. People would make fun of me and throw things at me and whatever teenagers do.

BROWN: Did you grow up in quite a creative household?

BYRNE: My parents weren't in the arts, but we grew up in Balmain, which at that time was an artistic, bohemian suburb of Sydney. It's a lot more gentrified now. It was very working class, pubs on every corner because it's right by the water so a lot of the guys on the ships and the boats used to go and drink there. It's very posh now. I definitely had creative people around me, but my parents were more just very encouraging.

BROWN: Was your first big American movie Star Wars?

BYRNE: Yes. I had a very small part. I played a handmaiden, but that was definitely my first experience doing a big film. It is nuts being on that kind of film—just the scale of it and the people. There's such money behind it, and obviously, Star Wars is the biggest thing in the world. It was funny—all these crazy aliens and things that people were dressed as.

BROWN: Is there any one particular role that you feel really opened doors for you and changed your career?

BYRNE: Yeah, Damages. We never really got the best ratings; we had a really good following.

BROWN: I started watching Damages after it had already aired for a few seasons, so I didn't realize how early it was in terms of the modern "golden age" of television.

BYRNE: We came out the same year as Mad Men. HBO had already set the bar with The Sopranos and Six Feet Under and all of those brilliant shows, and then this whole new wave of shows came out, so we were very much part of that renaissance, that second wave. It's special to me that we were part of that. I love TV as a viewer; I'm a big fan of Vinyl and I've been fanatic about Girls. The writing is so great on TV now; it's such a pleasure to watch. I feel very lucky to have been a part of it in the earlier stages.

BROWN: When you first heard about Damages, was there a still a stigma attached to doing television as a film actor?

BYRNE: I reached out to my agent about [doing television]. I had put it on the radar, because I had watched a lot of stuff. Then Damages came my way and I knew Glenn was attached. The pilot was just so tight and so thrilling and exciting, and the potential for what would happen to these characters, so I went in for it. I'm so thrilled it worked out because it was a fantastic role and it just got better and better as the season went on.

BROWN: You were also in You Can't Take It With You on Broadway. Was that your stage debut?

BYRNE: I had done theater in Australia for the Sydney Theatre Company, but the last show I'd done was about 12 years before You Can't Take It Without You.

BROWN: Did it feel like you were out of practice?

BYRNE: Yes, it did. I was extremely grateful for the five weeks of previews you get on Broadway before opening night, and the ensemble cast was so nurturing and kind to me. I had a really beautiful experience. Half the fun is being in this group and presenting something every night as a team. It's a very sacred experience. It's very cohesive and everybody is there together to bring this thing to life. There's a riskiness to it, and the risk factor in theater is quite exciting. Anything could happen, someone could just not show up and what are you going to do?

BROWN: When you get recognized in the street, is it usually for a particular project? X-Men or Damages or Bridesmaids?

BYRNE: Half the time it's because they think I'm someone else. [laughs] I've gotten everyone from Emmy Rossum to Emma Watson.

4zsVopql.jpg

R.I.P Mr Ali . Reading the Sunday Express newspaper after demolishing Henry Cooper in their second fight in 1966.

F7wfPeVl.png

Dagger in Tutankhamun's tomb was made with iron from a meteorite. Researchers who analysed metal composition of dagger within wrapping of mummified teenage king say it ‘strongly suggests an extraterrestrial origin’.

Wishing you all a great week end, have fun, take care ! eYSIDPr.gif

ange1 avatar
Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 16:48
Hi Thalestris aww it is so lovely to see you back :) Wow so much going on in France i can imagine how difficult it must be :( well i do hope your able to relax and maybe enjoy a movie or 2.

So sad to hear Muhammad Ali has passed away another great person gone in this world :(
[Prev]  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 46, 47  [Next]
Page 37 of 47   [ 691 posts ]

Forum Search

search in post message
  search in topic subject
Forum

Home - Browse Torrents - Upload Torrent - Stat - Forum - FAQ - Login
ExtraTorrent.cc is in compliance with copyrights
BitCoin: 12DiyqsWhENahDzdhdYsRrCw8FPQVcCkcm
Can't load ExtraTorrent? Try our official mirrors: etmirror.com - etproxy.com - extratorrentonline.com - extratorrentlive.com
2006-2017 ExtraTorrent.cc5