Hot torrents
H264 X264
View Torrent Info: Moana.2016.BluRay.1080p.DTS.AC3.x264-ETRG
View Torrent Info: Assassins.Creed.2016.BluRay.720p.DTS.AC3.x264-ETRG
View Torrent Info: From.a.House.on.Willow.Street.2016.720p.WEBRip.x264.AAC-ETRG
View Torrent Info: Hidden.Figures.2016.720p.BRRip.x264.AAC-ETRG
Hot torrents
BluRay, 4k UHD
View Torrent Info: Bad Santa-2 2016 Multi UHD 2160p BluRay HEVC HDR DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: The.Chamber.2016.BluRay.1080p.x264.DTSHD5.1-DDR
View Torrent Info: Gladiator 2000 Paramount Re-Issue Blu-ray 1080p x264 DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Resident Evil The Final Chapter 2016 Multi 1080pBluRay x264 DTSHD 7.1 -DDR
Hot torrents
Television
View Torrent Info: The.Originals.S04E02.HDTV.x264-KILLERS[ettv]
View Torrent Info: The.Blacklist.Redemption.S01E05.HDTV.x264-KILLERS[ettv]
View Torrent Info: The.Last.Kingdom.S02E02.HDTV.x264-MTB[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Greys.Anatomy.S13E17.HDTV.x264-LOL[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Trapped 2017 1GB DesiPDvD x264 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Phillauri 2017 1GB DesiSCR x264 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Assassins.Creed.2016.1080p.BRRip.x264.Turkish.AC3-ETRG
View Torrent Info: Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them 2016 720p BluRay Turkish and English DUAL DD 5.1 x264-aXeL
30s
Chat
To add new messages please Login or Register for FREE
Warning! Protect Yourself from Lawsuits and Fines!
Your IP Address is 54.197.130.93.   Location is United States
Your IP Address is visible to EVERYONE. Hide your IP ADDRESS with a VPN while torrenting!
ExtraTorrent strongly recommends using Trust.Zone VPN to anonymize your torrenting. It's FREE!
Hide my IP address!

The Pirate Gazette (closed)

[Prev]  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 46, 47  [Next]
Page 38 of 47   [ 691 posts ]
AuthorMessage
Thalestris avatar
Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 17:08
Author: Turtle
Hi ange ! I hope that you had a good week ? And hi everybody ! So what's up in the world ? I didn't have much time to read the newspapers this week apart from today, so I've skipped most part.. But I imagine that you all listen to the radio in the morning like I do and watch tv perhaps ? So you don't need me for that. And since the Pirate Gazette tends to become a weekly, I guess that I like the idea of a portrait for now , a few pics and some trailers. So let's go.

AFDmVZkl.jpg

(Starring in Stranger Things on Netflix July 15.)

The Beloved: Winona Ryder

It's hard to talk about Winona Ryder without at least acknowledging the mythos that surrounded her as she came to define a certain authentic cool in the early '90s. Doe-eyed and dark-haired, Ryder appeared, for young people who identified outside the mainstream, to be a kindred spirit. She entered pop consciousness in late '80s as a cult-movie ingénue of sorts, first as the goth pixie Lydia Deetz in Tim Burton's absurdist Beetlejuice (1988), and then as Veronica, a too-smart recruit to the mean-girls clique, in the dark revenge comedy Heathers (1989). Soon after, she established her indie cred in Jim Jarmusch's Night on Earth (1991) and embodied the Gen X zeitgeist in Ben Stiller's Reality Bites (1994), in effect, becoming an icon of quirky angst, and in the process, revealing herself to be one of the most precociously talented actresses of her generation.

Growing up in San Francisco and, for four years, in a commune in Northern California, Ryder fell in love with film watching the greats: Bette Davis, Gena Rowlands, Ruth Gordon, and Audrey Hepburn. And, now 44, she's built her own body of work by making shrewd choices those actresses would approve of, including last year playing a tough city councilwoman in David Simon's HBO mini­series Show Me a Hero. Ryder will next star in the Netflix supernatural-thriller series Stranger Things, as well as the spring beauty campaign for her longtime friend, the designer Marc Jacobs.

In February, Ryder met with her friend, fellow actress and Rookie editor-in-chief Tavi Gevinson to talk about film and favorite actresses. Gevinson, who will appear, beginning this month, in the Broadway production of The Crucible, where she plays Mary Warren, came prepared, and the two dived in.

WINONA RYDER: I remember realizing, when I did Little Women [1994], that that was the only time girls that age were being written about. It was always boys—from David Copperfield to Lord of the Flies to Holden Caulfield. There were never young women going through adolescence or teen years; there were only little girls.

TAVI GEVINSON: Right.

RYDER: But then I think that as actresses—and I've definitely gone through this in a really bizarre way, because I worked so much and was really lucky with the roles that I got when I was younger—I remember hearing the older actors saying, "It gets tough," and thinking, "Really? I can't imagine." [both laugh] I was so spoiled in a way. I worked very hard, but there was just a wealth of great roles. But then it slowed down. Suddenly you're the mom, or you go from ... You're not an ingénue, you don't want to play an ingénue, but it's like that line in The First Wives Club [1996]: [mimics voice] "There are only three ages for women in Hollywood: babe, district attorney, and Driving Miss Daisy." Bette Davis, she was so brilliant and one of my heroes, but she worked a ton, and then she didn't get All About Eve [1950] until the last minute. Claudette Colbert was supposed to be Margo Channing, but then she broke her back and couldn't do it. That allowed Davis to play her age. But then it's What Ever Happened to Baby Jane?[1962] and horror movies. The same with Joan Crawford. You look at people like Gena Rowlands, but she had [John] Cassavetes to write these amazing roles for her.

GEVINSON: Tina Fey has a joke in her book about how one day she will be up for a role as Vince Vaughn's mom in a movie called Beer Guys. [both laugh]

RYDER: Well, I was always like, "I'm going to be the drunk judge who's like, ‘Objection!' ‘In chambers!' " [both laugh]

GEVINSON: I love First Wives Club and Death Becomes Her [1992] and movies about women like that.

RYDER: It's interesting because First Wives Club was the first movie that made a shitload of money that starred all women over a certain age. That was a milestone that made you think, "Oh, things are going to change." All those actresses are fantastic. I binge-watched this show Damages. Glenn Close and Rose Byrne are so good. Lily Tomlin is in it. You see all these great actors and the writing is terrific. There are a lot of shows like that. And there are all these conversations right now about roles for women and being paid equally and all of that, but I think what it really is, is opportunity.

GEVINSON: Oh my gosh, there's so much to talk about. Right before we started recording, we were talking about actors that don't have a lot of themselves out there.

RYDER: Yeah. There are actors I know personally, or I've heard them say, "The less known about me, the better, because I just want people to think of me as the character." I think Matt Damon said that recently. He has a point and I think I get that. A lot of filmmakers and actors say, "It's so important to bring an authenticity to the role," blah, blah, blah. But then it's interesting because you're also trying to be somebody else, and viewers are going to associate you with that, so I don't think it really has an answer.

GEVINSON: When you're playing someone else, it sounds so negative to say you want to erase yourself, but part of the joy of it is you get to not be yourself.

RYDER: For certain roles more than others. Certainly with The Crucible, what I love is that every role in that is so crucial, and Mary Warren is like ...

GEVINSON: [sighs] Poor girl, poor girl.

RYDER: But there's something almost comic. I remember there's that line where she says, "I am 18 and a woman, however single," which killed me every time! [laughs]

GEVINSON: My friend and I love it. My friend was helping me run lines, and we were obsessed with saying that line and then singing the Sex and the City theme song. [singing] "However single."

RYDER: Saoirse [Ronan] said that you'd only worked on Acts One and Two.

GEVINSON: We haven't gotten to the courtroom yet.

RYDER: Then the whole psychosomatic thing ... I loved Mary, because out of any character, there was something very darkly comic about her. She's like, "You'll only be whipped for dancin'." [laughs] That's horrible! But she's probably been whipped a few times.

GEVINSON: Yeah, because she's a servant. I really love working on this production and picking it apart, because when my high school did it, Proctor is not perfect, he's no saint, but ..."

RYDER: But he's the hero.

GEVINSON: He's the hero, but the real Proctor had sex with an 11-year-old.

RYDER: Oh, when I found out that she was 11 and he was 60 ...

GEVINSON: He was 60? Ew.

RYDER: I really did not see Abigail as a villain. I know everybody else did, but there was this scene where he says, "You are pulling Heaven down and raising up a whore!" When we were filming that, I was like, "Well, I'm not really a whore; I only slept with you." Arthur Miller was there a lot. In their scene in the court, Proctor is like, "It is a whore's vengeance," and keeps calling her a "whore." And if you really think about it, how young she was ...
GEVINSON: He cheated on his wife.

RYDER: Yeah, but he was also talking to her like a peer. How special would you feel, if you were a girl who had been his servant and who had probably never been spoken to as an adult, you know? And so the infatuation and love or whatever—in her head, she actually thinks she's got a shot. I mean, it was so tragic. I asked Arthur about the whore thing.

GEVINSON: Did he think of Abigail as villainous?

RYDER: No, he talked a lot about the blacklist. When you'd ask a question, I think it really brought him back to the blame shifting.

GEVINSON: The legal system more than the characters.

RYDER: And also just the hysteria and the people with this authority—but from where?

GEVINSON: Hysteria, mob mentality.

RYDER: And even bullying, all of that. It must be interesting for you because you've done this incredible thing for young girls, to give them this safe place to come to with Rookie.

GEVINSON: It's the opposite of being at the office. Something our director said on day one was that people think of Abigail as a destroyer. But right off the bat, she's female, she's a child, and she's been a servant. The play demonstrates what happens when people in that position rise up. He was saying it's kind of wonderful that it's all these young girls who create, who explode this society that needs something to happen to it.

RYDER: The songs, the hanging. [laughs]

GEVINSON: I know. They didn't have to hang dogs, but it's interesting. Today we were doing a scene where Mary Warren says to Proctor, "I saved her life today," about Elizabeth. "I am 18 and a woman, however single!" But I was trying to figure out when she finally says, "I saved her life," and it's revealed that she has this power. I was like, "Well, she's not drunk with power." And our dramaturge ...

RYDER: Are those real?

GEVINSON: Yeah, we have one.

RYDER: Oh my God! I saw this Law & Order: Criminal Intent that sort of paralleled the Julie Taymor Spider-Man [Turn Off the Dark] thing, and Patti Smith is [Detective Robert] Goren's friend who's a mythology teacher at Columbia University.

GEVINSON: Oh my God, that's amazing! Why haven't I seen it?

RYDER: Oh, it's great. It's called "Icarus." Cynthia Nixon is in it, playing the Julie Taymor character. So there's a dramaturge in it, and it turns out the dramaturge is the, you know ...

GEVINSON: That's amazing! Apparently they're real. But he was like, "She's not drunk with power. She wouldn't know what to do with power. She just feels seen." My dad is teaching it right now to his students. We talked on the phone, and he was like, "The kids are having trouble relating to it." And I was like, "I'm having trouble relating to it too." There's one part where she says, "Sarah Good signed her name in the Devil's black book with her blood," and I was like, "I'm just trying to understand how awful that really was because, to me, it's so inaccessible." It's like, "What? Cool, me too!" [laughs]

RYDER: Reverend Hale is so interesting because at first he's like, "Oh, she's got the mark." Then by the end he's like, "You're all crazy."

GEVINSON: Right, it gets to everyone.

RYDER: You wonder: What happened after?

GEVINSON: It makes me think of this hysteria a few years ago among these teenage girls who lived in a town where they all started twitching.

RYDER: But what happened?

GEVINSON: There's a good article about it in the Times that I'll send you—there was this town, Le Roy, New York, where all of these teenage girls developed really violent tics where some would even hit themselves.

RYDER: Like, five or ten of them?

GEVINSON: Around 18, I think. But there were some girls who were accused of faking it, and some went on talk shows. Erin Brockovich started investigating to try to figure out what was happening, and they thought maybe it was because Jell-O used to be manufactured there. [Ryder laughs] But in this article the writer spends time with all these girls and asks if maybe it has to do with stress, and they all go, "No, no, I'm fine." Slowly we learn one of them had a baby. A lot of them, their parents were divorced; there's this repression and then this mass hysteria.

RYDER: I wonder if it was coordinated at all. Because you wonder, "Oh, if we do this, can we get out of this."

GEVINSON: Or get attention for it if it's otherwise repressed. Like, you act out and you don't even know you're doing it.

RYDER: Which is another thing with The Crucible—you kind of go along. Maybe there were some that stayed home, but you want to be a part of something, even if it's awful, and then you start to believe.

GEVINSON: Because they have no other identity. What's so interesting to me is that you've played roles based on historical people, but not someone where you can find footage to figure out how to do an imitation of them.

RYDER: I always thought that might be really hard. I know actresses who have done it and done it very well. Well, there was The Aviator [2004], Cate Blanchett played Katharine Hepburn.

GEVINSON: Oh, yeah. And she played Bob Dylan and was great.

RYDER: Talk about a great autobiography—Me: Stories of My Life by Katharine Hepburn. The way she talks, [imitating voice] "John Wayne's like a good white cotton shirt—sturdy."
I really didn't foresee me having any type of career as a leading lady at all because it was just blonds. I just wasn't the type—I was told that by casting directors. —WINONA RYDER

GEVINSON: Oh my God. There's a podcast I listen to called You Must Remember This, which is stories of old Hollywood: There's a 12-episode series on the Manson murders; there's Mia Farrow in the '60s; and there's Madonna with Sean Penn; then Madonna with Warren Beatty. It just goes over the whole mythology. It's a lot about the way the public reacted and the way we've treated our idols over time. In the one about Judy Garland, which is, of course, really heartbreaking, they needed her to work all these crazy long hours, so they would give her lots of pills. And she was a kid.

RYDER: I've always seen her as that weird victim and survivor. I remember when I was doing Mermaids [1990], I was 16 and they gave me a B12 shot once. My parents weren't there, and when they did come, they freaked out. They were terrified, because of the Judy Garland stories. I know it's just vitamin B, but it did give you a boost.

GEVINSON: When I first watched Bette Davis in All About Eve, I was struck by how much I felt that she is Margo Channing and that she's Bette Davis, where she was able to do both, where you're like: What an icon.

RYDER: Talk about authenticity merging.

GEVINSON: Well, that's how I think about your movies that I like so much.

RYDER: It's weird because I think of movies like Reality Bites or something, where, even though my life was nothing like that, I hadn't done something contemporary for a while, and it's easier. You do try to make something your own. Though I remember when I did Little Women, I didn't watch the Katharine Hepburn one over and over, which I thought I would do. Heathers, I was completely obsessed with. That first movie I did, Lucas [1986], was probably the closest to me. And Beetlejuice a little bit, in the sense that I did look like that. All they did was like put a little white powder here.

GEVINSON: The bangs were your bangs?

RYDER: That was my hair. It was a very fun character. At that time, I was very obsessed with Ruth Gordon. I really didn't foresee me having any type of career as a leading lady at all because it was just blonds. I just wasn't the type—I was told that by casting directors. I auditioned for Running on Empty [1988] and The Mosquito Coast [1986], and Martha Plimpton was just killing me. [Gevinson laughs] And deservedly so. She was so amazing and totally unusual too. She's brilliant and had such an interesting look. I was not the first choice for Veronica in Heathers. I auditioned and they were like, "Oh, thanks." And I went to the Beverly Center to Macy's and had them do a makeover on me.

GEVINSON: Oh my God.

RYDER: I went back because I kind of knew that they thought I wasn't pretty enough. They were trying to get Jennifer Connelly.

GEVINSON: I just can't imagine it without you.

RYDER: I remember actually saying to them, "I don't care if it even comes out. I just want to say the words. You don't have to pay me." That was the only time that I wanted something so bad. I mean, I definitely wanted The Crucible [1996]. I wanted other things. I was asked recently who I was really jealous of. It's kind of weird; I wasn't really competitive. I was always searching for that support thing. There's always so much gossip. I'd always find the positive in someone. That's why I really love what you are doing. It's kind of rare.

GEVINSON: Well, girls aren't taught to support each other.

RYDER: I've recommended girls for jobs that I had a different part in, and agents have been like, "No, don't ..."

GEVINSON: "Don't help anyone ever."

RYDER: It's so surprising to me. There's like this great thing that Bette Davis said when someone asked her, "How do you get into Hollywood?" "Take Fountain!" I do think girls should be confident. I remember the whole thing with the word ambition. I was messed up for a while because I associated it with certain people who just want to be famous. I think, for a while, it was kind of a dirty word for women. I just watched this documentary on Madonna. I remember I grew up hearing she wanted to rule the world. Actually, she worked really hard—really, really hard.

GEVINSON: There's something called "tall poppy syndrome." My friend who told me about it is Australian and is obsessed with Madonna for that reason. It taught her to not feel bad about being ambitious. People also love talking shit about celebrities, because it makes them seem like they know that person.

RYDER: I remember when I first started being in magazines, I had pretty thin skin. I was this nerd that read books and stayed home and didn't go out. I had this big complex because I didn't go to college. There was a whole era where I got linked to everybody. People that I had never met. I was like, "How? I'm home alone reading chapter 12 of a book." But I remember being 18, and my first boyfriend said to me, "Unless you're in the room, you don't know if it's true." We were talking about gossip.

GEVINSON: When I first met Kenny [Lonergan], he said that you had seen more movies than anyone he knows. I want to know which performances were the most formative for you, and which characters you identified with the most, as a viewer and as an actor who wanted to do the same thing.

RYDER: It changed, the more movies I saw. I'll go through a Neil Simon period, where for a month I'll watch Max Dugan Returns [1983]. When I was young, I was really, really obsessed with Gena Rowlands and John Cassavetes. Because my mom was a projectionist in college, she was somehow able to get a real projector. And she had some connections, so she would get real prints, and we'd put up a sheet. The first movies I saw were To Kill a Mockingbird [1962], Gigi [1958], A Woman Under the Influence [1974]. Then when I was old enough to be able to rent movies, I went through a very big Cassavetes phase. Then Hal Ashby movies, Ruth Gordon. I worshipped Preston Sturges. Bette Davis in All About Eve was huge for me. Her acting was staggering. In the '80s, I loved the movies of the '70s. Also I remember loving Klute [1971]. I loved Jane Fonda. Actually, I auditioned for the last movie she made before she retired for a while, Stanley and Iris [1990], which Martha Plimpton got. [laughs]

GEVINSON: What is the best advice Cher gave?

RYDER: In retrospect, I went to her for literally everything. During Mermaids, we were staying in the same building, so she was right upstairs from me. I was in my first relationship, so I got all sorts of advice. She became famous in her late teens.

GEVINSON: The gloves you gave me, I know they belonged to Audrey Hepburn. What is the story?

RYDER: It's funny. That was so special.

GEVINSON: Maybe it's too special to share.

RYDER: I was so lucky that I got to meet certain people. It came through Roddy McDowall, who had become a photographer and would do these portraits of celebrities. Then he would get another well-known person to write a thing. He photographed me when I was 15 or 16, and he got Jason Robards to write the thing because he was sort of my mentor. And Roddy would invite me to these dinner parties that were insane. Like, Elizabeth Taylor and Maureen O'Hara and people that were just crazy. I still can't really believe that I met them. Somehow I was invited to visit with Audrey Hepburn. I had this afternoon with her, and she gave me a couple things. She was so gracious and everything you would think that she would be.

GEVINSON: Oh, how lovely.

RYDER: Do they fit?

GEVINSON: When I first moved here, I wore them every day. And then I was like, I need to not let these get worn by life.

RYDER: I wish that I'd asked her if she had worn them in a film. In retrospect, I think maybe she was going to talk to me about doing something for UNICEF. I was so overwhelmed to just even be in her presence and I was very young, but it was really special and unforgettable. I got to work with Gena Rowlands when I did Night on Earth, and the movie was just you and someone else in a car, you're just hanging out. There's nobody else, just a walkie-talkie. It was a night shoot, and it was only a week or ten days. But it was incredible just being in her presence. I remember we pulled over. There was a park with one of those bathroom things, and we had to go to the bathroom. We went into the stalls and, you know, you couldn't pee because—

GEVINSON: Oh, my God.

RYDER: And then she just went, "Here, I'll start."

GEVINSON: Oh, my God, that's amazing.

RYDER: Nothing came out because you're just flying and you're like, "I can't..."

GEVINSON: I know.

RYDER: It was so kind of her.

GEVINSON: Oh, I love that.

V4nnyEol.jpg

Crowds crane for a view as the coffin of Muhammad Ali is brought in for his Islamic funeral prayer service in Louisville, Kentucky.

paTvoSHl.jpg

Chinese feminists post selfies in solidarity with Stanford assault victim. Women post images online with messages such as ‘Judge Persky, you help more rape’ after student given six-month sentence. The “selfies with solidarity” are being posted on social media with the hashtags #Solidarity4StanfordSurvivor, or in Chinese #征集照片声援斯坦福被性侵女生.

bhkJR2xl.jpg

Australia's largest cockatoo threatened by bauxite mining. Proposed mines to produce aluminium are putting the habitat of vulnerable Cape York palm cockatoo at risk, sparking calls for stronger environmental laws.

Wishing you all a great week end ! Have fun , take care ! 8dOmi6C.gif

Thalestris avatar
Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:11
A little post to wish you all a great start of the week . The Pirate Gazette will be also on holiday ! Time for a long summer break ! You all take care , have fun, stay safe ! DFPSkTb.gif

ouCGgXf.gif
ange1 avatar
Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 13:31
Author: ModeratorET lover
Hello Thalestris :) so sorry for the late reply but regarding Winona Ryder a wonderful talented actress with epic movies like Beetlejuice, Edward Scissorhands, Bram Stokers Dracula and Mermaids. Be nice to see her back in Beetlejuice 2 with Michael Keaton. Would love to see her and johnny back in a sequel to Edward Scissorhands. Oh and let's not forget she played a very good part in Alien Resurrection.

Awww you enjoy your Summer Break and again thank you for your excellent Thread.

take care and stay safe :)
ange1 avatar
Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 09:51
Just thought i would post this regarding the new King Kong movie

Kong Skull Island which will hit cinemas in March 2017. So the biggest ever King Kong making him 100 feet tall. Not sure how this movie will pan out but i must admit one i totally forgot about regarding remakes... Peter Jackson,s was a pretty dam good remake from the 1933 classic. One director i truly admire for his rings and hobbit movies :)

oooh and if the rumour is true i would love to see a Kong v Godzilla movie. Now that is a must see lol

http://io9.gizmodo.com/kong-skull-island-will-feature-the-biggest-kong-ever-1782376133
Faithwyn avatar
Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 17:44
Author: Trusted UploaderSite FriendET junkieET loverGirlSunTurtle
Ever watch a Movie that was SO bad it was good?
well Godzilla vs King Kong (1962) was even worse! LOL!
ZillavsKong.jpg
ange1 avatar
Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 09:14
Faithwyn wrote:
Ever watch a Movie that was SO bad it was good?
well Godzilla vs King Kong (1962) was even worse! LOL!
ZillavsKong.jpg

Lol Faith i have seen them all and i know what you mean so bad but yet so good. I just love these classics :)
Thalestris avatar
Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 15:01
Hi ange and Faith , so another King Kong um.. I just wonder what they are going to come up with this time.. And apart from that well I hope that you are all enjoying a relaxing Sunday !! So I'm supposed to be on holiday but since it's still rather cold and not exactly sunny, well I took some time to make a post .. Bloody weather !! Soon I'll certainly become a vampire as well, like Cassidy in Preacher ! Speaking of which, yes Joseph Gilgun , my eternal crush.. I loved him in Misfits and in This is England, but he is absolutely fantastic in Preacher. And I've added a few trailers to kill time um?

OdaHkBBl.jpg

‘Preacher’ Star Joseph Gilgun on Vampires, God, and Other Imaginary Things

At a recent press conference for Preacher Seth Rogen described, or I should say marveled at, casting Joseph Gilgun as Cassidy for AMC’s latest comic-adaptation: “It’s one of those things that happens only a few times throughout your career, where you just go ‘Oh, it’s you. You’re the character that is written on the page. And by doing almost nothing, you are achieving more than I ever could have imagined.’ You could tell Joe’s lived like 100 lifetimes, and he’s probably done some shit you do not want to hear about, but at the same time he’s one of the most fun, loving people you’ll ever be around. And it was exactly what the character needed to be.”

Mr. Rogen isn’t lying. An hour earlier, sitting across from Mr. Gilgun, tattooed and jittery, I got the sense that Cassidy had walked directly out of Garth Ennis and Steve Dillon’s original comic story of a small-town preacher turned the voice of God himself, and into the Hotel London on 54th. Which speaks to the kind of person the English actor is: Amid Preacher‘s bonkers, bloody tale of religious redemption, Cassidy just also happens to be a vampire; foul mouthed and charismatic, as drawn to drugs and alcohol as he is to human blood.

Mr. Gilgun slides an iPhone across the table to me as I sit down. On the screen is a photo of five or so dime bags, filled with weed. “Can you believe the way they fucking sell cannabis here?” he asks, smiling. Though his teeth aren’t pointed, the moment is classic Cassidy.

How’s the lead-up to Preacher been for you?

Honestly man, I used to be a plasterer, and used to sell bits of weed and shit like that. Just fucking scraping by. And now I’m in this posh hotel. Just look at this shit. Yesterday I had a cup of tea, I was at the Nomad Hotel. I’ve never known anywhere to be so incredibly pretentious. It’s the clientele, man. Everyone has this vibe of “do you know who I think I am?” I love New York, it reminds me a bit of London. I don’t think I could live here, but I’m fucking chuffed that I’ve met the place.

Oh, yeah, New York is a strange place. I live here, but you need to get out sometimes.

It’s the same in London, man. I’m from this working class town on the fringes of the rural aspects of Lancashire. And every now and then you go to London and see the fucking wankers it breeds. It’s not just wankers, it does breed complete angels and real characters, as well, it’s insane for that. But it’s a culture shock for sure. Meeting people who are just immediately rude. In my head I’m thinking ‘I’m going to fucking hit them.” I feel my knee go, like I’m going to fucking hit you.

You mentioned you grew up in Lancashire. Can you compare that to the deep, American south where Preacher is set?

I can, actually. In the sense that [Preacher setting] Ratwater is very closed off, very shut off from the rest of the world. So you have this microcosm of these fucking insane characters like Sheriff Root, his son Eugene, Walter, Quinn Canyon, all these fantastic characters. It’s like my town, it’s an ex milling town. Back in the day we used to produce a lot of cotton and would’ve been part of a large industry during the industrial revolution. And it has a very proud past. I think there’s something very sad about a proud past, and an identity crisis. I think Charlie, where I grew up, has that. It’s very similar in Ratwater. It’s a trap, it’s a place you don’t really leave. Because the horror you know is better than the horror you don’t. I don’t know if I’d actually call it horror but, you know your book. You know your life and how it’s written in Ratwater, how it’s written in Charlie, but you don’t know how it’s written if you leave. So, in that sense it’s really similar, except the accents are different and it’s not raining all the time.

Religion is so deeply embedded in the American south, is that comparable at all?

Not where I’m from. My generation, we’re wising up to it all now. It’s not that I don’t respect religion, we all have to talk about it in all that PC bullshit we do now in 2016. Fuck off, I have my opinions. I’m not one of those sensitive people. Where I’m from there are religious people…but I’m not listening to a fucking book that was written all that time ago. Some cunt wrote a book, full of contradictive lies. It’s 2016 man. We’re becoming more conscious of being human beings, the nature of who we are.

As far as religion is concerned for my generation, a lot of young men and women have decided to go “Eh, fuck it, no. No. I’m not giving up my Sunday to go sit in a fucking room.” It reminds me of, like, I was quite a violent kid. Then I met this new group and found weed, and then I wasn’t a violent kid anymore. Couldn’t ask me to be violent.

Well yeah, why would you be?

Exactly. It opened everything up, where now I wish I had been stoned and worked it all out from the beginning. Ignorance is bliss, that whole deal. Preacher, what it’s saying is not just blasphemy and good fun violence. It’s asking, “Where is God?” If he is there, what’s he doing? Where’s he been, the cunt? We have all this shit going on. I love that Preacher is unapologetic about its questions. If there is a God, fucking come on, man. In the book you wrote, you’re doing shit. You been having a fucking vacation?

I feel like you almost have to know a little about religion first, before you can understand that Preacher is not just blasphemy. It’s just laying out questions.

For those who don’t want to think, it’s just good fun. Ultimately, that’s all we want. If you’re someone who is sensitive–a wanker who is sensitive, let me change it–don’t watch Preacher. Don’t be writing those letters in, pissing and whingeing about the state of TV. Don’t watch it. Watch…

Watch anything else.

Yeah, get fucking Netflix. But it is a fucking question, really.

It’s interesting that amid all those questions, you just also happen to be playing a vampire. Cassidy is coming along at a time where vampires have lost a little respect. How did you want to stand out?

Before getting the job, I had serious beef with sexy vampires. True Blood, and all that. I have no beef against the actors themselves, I just think the vibe is bullshit. In my head, if vampires truly existed–let’s get rid of all the bullshit, let’s call it science, get rid of the mythology like crosses, silver bullets, wooden stakes, bullshit–you wouldn’t be sexy. I didn’t want Cassidy to be sexy, I wanted him to be a bit of an idiot. Cassidy looks at these trendy dickheads, with the capes and all that, and hates them.

Apparently there was people asking why Cassidy wasn’t wearing his shades from the comics. Well, because dickheads wear shades indoors, that’s why. I think Cassidy hates the fact he’s vampire. He thinks he’s an abomination. He’d do anything to be run over and be killed. He’s an honest human being. He loves Jesse. If he could give his life for him he could.

But yeah, I’m trying to inject a “could give a fuck” attitude. Don’t do the smoldering.

Oh, yeah, there’s so much smoldering on True Blood.

It’s awful. Nobody smolders in real life. Well, they do, which is also fucking awful. Go to the Nomad hotel and you’ll see some fucking smoldering.

Go get a coffee in Brooklyn.

Awful, awful. Just fucking awful. So I don’t want him to be a dickhead vampire. I don’t have magnificent blue eyes. They chose me for a reason. I’m rough. I wanted to inject some of how I am into him. I like to think that’s what is different about Cassidy. He’s just a fucking bloke. He’s just a guy.

He’s just 119 years old.

Yeah, that’s it. He just has to get on with it. It’s not a case of being cool, he just has to get by day to day. And I guess that’s how it’d be. I remember during my research, it just seems like nonsense. Cassidy, in the comics, that’s more believable. That’s what I think a vampire would be. He is a human being, he does feel shit, everyone leaves him. Everyone he’s ever love has just fucked off and died. He’s fucking damaged, like any human.

I think in some weird way, Cassidy is the most relatable character on the show. He’s just living a relatable life over and over again.

Yeah, it’s a Groundhog Day thing for him. It’s this endless tragic roundabout. I don’t know anyone who doesn’t do that. I do think he’s relatable, even though he’s a vampire. Isn’t it funny, that?

Wishing you all a great week ahead, take care ! 8dOmi6C.gif

Thalestris avatar
Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 17:33
Hi everybody , I was going to make a short post with some random news really and lots of trailers. But it's obviously another sad day. So I'm thinking about all our ET Turkish friends here. And you'll find the trailers afterwards.

ijJahcUl.jpg

Istanbul, Turkey. Passengers embrace at the entrance to Ataturk airport following its evacuation
Photograph: Emrah Gurel. Istanbul Atatürk airport attack: Turkey declares day of national mourning
President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan says attack in which 41 people died should mark turning point in global fight against terrorism

Wishing you a great Wednesday morning, afternoon, evening and good luck for tomorrow, stay safe.

Thalestris avatar
Posted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:19
Hi everybody, well it hasn't been very cheerful this week reading all the newspapers... I actually wished that I could make a funny post today for a change, but like everyone I was so shocked to hear that Anton Yelchin has died in such violent circumstances.. Such a great loss.. So obviously, I post this portrait written by Peter Bradshaw, the best one that I've read so far. And I've added some movie trailers, hopefully you haven't seen them all by now? So here we go.

bMo17vnl.jpg

Anton Yelchin in Only Lovers Left Alive.

Anton Yelchin: an actor of cherubic charm who inspired huge affection
The Star Trek actor, who has died in a freak car accident, was beginning to mature into a performer of heartbreaking sensitivity and impressive range

Fans of Jeremy Saulnier’s ultraviolent horror Green Room will have enjoyed an irony in the casting – maybe even suspected a deliberate extra-textual joke. A struggling punk band find themselves stranded in the middle of Oregon, their van conked out in a field, and desperate for some cash agree to play at a roadhouse exclusively patronised by neo-Nazi skinheads. They want to do the gig, get paid and get out, but things get complicated when they chance across a dead body backstage. The venue is run by a very sinister old white bald guy called Darcy, played by Patrick Stewart — associated by many with his role as Captain Jean-Luc Picard in Star Trek: The Next Generation. The band’s moody-yet sympathetic bass guitarist Pat is played by Anton Yelchin – widely associated with his breakout role as Chekov, in the rebooted first-gen movie series of Star Trek.

It hardly seems credible, but Yelchin, tipped as one of the most exciting and charismatic of the new twentysomething generation, has now been killed in a freak car accident – an event as sad and shocking as Paul Walker’s death in 2013 or Heath Ledger’s in 2008.

Yelchin’s charm and openness as a performer had earned him a wide following: he had a gentle, at certain angles almost babyish face: a cherubic face in fact, with its flecks of bum-fluff, which nonetheless was growing leaner and more chiselled as he was growing into his late 20s. And how grim that thought is now. It was a face suitable for any kind of all-American boy next door role: but he was a very shrewd choice to play Star Trek’s 17-year-old Russian navigator Chekov. Unlike Walter Koenig, who played the role originally, Yelchin was actually Russian: born in St Petersburg (or at that time, Leningrad) to two figure-skating Olympians who moved to the United States as political refugees shortly after his birth in 1989.

Star Trek was Yelchin’s breakout moment, and he relished giving interviews and press conferences in Russian for the movies’ junket tours in Russia. But in the movies he had to speak English in the understood hammy Ryussian accyent which of course was far from his actual English voice as a California resident. His Chekov was a more comic role, his relative youth and vulnerability being ratcheted up, saucer-eyed with earnest self-importance as he relayed vital information to Kirk or Spock on the bridge.

In some ways, Yelchin’s finest hour as an actor, the movie that most heartbreakingly shows what he could have been capable of doing, was Drake Doremus’s long-distance love story Like Crazy from 2011. Yelchin is Jacob, a young American guy who falls for a Brit college student Anna, played by Felicity Jones, while she fatefully outstays her visa to pursue their passionate affair. They are forced apart by this act of lawbreaking, and while separated, Sam begins another relationship with a co-worker, played by Jennifer Lawrence. It was a performance which emphasised Yelchin’s sheer youth: a performance concerned to show youth as it is actually experienced in real life, rather than in the movies or TV – a youth of quarterlife career angst, full of bewilderment at the scary permanence of life-choices.

Before this, Yelchin commanded huge affection for one of his early roles, at the age of 18: Charlie Bartlett in the film of the same name, playing a rich kid who offers his services as psychiatrist to the student body. Later, in 2011, the same year as Like Crazy he had a cute role in the remake of Fright Night, playing the kid who realises that the guy who has moved in next door (Colin Farrell) is a vampire.

Latterly, Yelchin had been broadening his range, including a well-regarded if not mould-breaking performance as Cloten in Michael Almereyda’s film version of Shakespeare’s Cymbeline at the Venice film festival in 2014. For the same director, Yelchin acted in Experimenter in 2015, about the notorious Stanford psychological experiments.

Yelchin was maturing – and could have had a career like Ryan Gosling’s or Jon Hamm’s or indeed Colin Farrell’s, his co-star from Fright Night. We shall never know. A hugely popular and well-liked actor of enormous talent and potential has been snuffed out. What a waste.

(This article was amended on 20 June 2016. Yelchin’s character in Like Crazy was incorrectly referred to as Sam, not Jacob. This has been changed.)

Wishing you all a great week end, have fun, take care, stay safe. 8dOmi6C.gif

Thalestris avatar
Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 17:34
Hi everybody ! I hope that you all had a great start of the week ? So I found a little something today.. Some of you know already that I like so watch closely the viruses, our little friends.. Well I find that bacteria particularly intriguing.. I've added a few pics, check the last pic as well here.. Some strange creature too has been discovered.. And I've added a few movie trailers and some clips. Nothing quite new here I'm afraid, but certainly the movies that we'll all be enjoying sooner or later. So here we go.

OFiTeNtl.jpg

Flesh-eating bacteria scare along Gulf Coast has locals on alert
Infections from Vibrio vulnificus are rare and there is no official tracking of cases – but some people have started to cobble together their own ideas

At the peak of the summer vacation season, a flesh-eating bacteria has infected the shores of the Gulf Coast.
From Texas to Florida, the water-borne bug – a strain called a Vibrio vulnificus – has spooked locals and tourists in the way shark attacks do: infections are rare, but when they strike, the victim is likely to lose a limb or die.

There is no central authority tracking cases – states are not required to report cases to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), in Atlanta – so no one holds current, comprehensive statistics for deaths and illnesses.

People, including public officials, have started to cobble together their own ideas.

“I’ve got my theory,” said Kim Farve, director of public works in Bay St Louis, Mississippi. “They say this Vibrio has been in the water forever. But I grew up on the water, and I don’t remember it ever being a problem until after the [2010] BP oil spill.”

Down the coast in Biloxi, Jocko Angle described an identical theory. His left leg is swollen to twice the size of his right, following a battle with Vibrio three years ago, and he now runs a Facebook page called Vibrio Along the Gulf Coast, where fearful residents go for information and victims commiserate.

“I think the oil in the water, combined with the chemicals they used, created the perfect environment for Vibrio to thrive,” he said.

There is usually an uptick in cases, Angle said, after heavy rains stir up murky wetlands water, especially when the water is warm.

“We’ve had a lot of rain,” he said. “Now we’ve got crowds coming in for the Fourth of July holiday. Mark my words: someone is going to get it this weekend.”

Vibrio can infect humans in two ways: through raw seafood, like oysters, or through contact with a cut or wound, even if the cut is invisible. Once in the body, the bacteria infiltrates the layer of flesh between muscle and skin, where it releases a toxin that destroys the tissue.

States can voluntarily report infections to the CDC, where the latest report dates from 2014. That year, 97 people were hospitalized with Vibrio vulnificus, and 21 died. The Food and Drug Administration reports a higher death rate – 50%.

Among the people who survive, most come away from the encounter like 69-year-old Dick Empson did, this past week.

Empson and his wife had traveled from Baton Rouge to the Mississippi coast for a vacation, and he fished in the shallows along the shore. He was physically fit, with no cuts or sores. At about 2am last Monday, he woke up with an undefinable ill feeling. He took two Tylenol.

Later, the couple got up and decided to return home. “It came on so fast,” said Empson’s sister-in-law, Loni Daggett. “By the time they had packed their things, he said, ‘I can’t make the drive home. I need to go to the hospital.’”

By 3am on Tuesday, doctors had amputated his leg.

On Wednesday, Empson woke from his coma, and indicated with his hands that he wanted to know how much of his leg was gone. His wife took his hand and helped him feel it: mid-thigh.

The psychology of such a loss is devastating. When they removed Empson’s breathing tube, Daggett said, his first words were: “It’s my fault. I should have known not to go in the water.”

Last week, along the beach in Hancock County, Mississippi, there were no notices about Vibrio visible on the beach or in parking areas. Beach crowds were noticeably thin, and fewer people entered the water.

Jon and Heather Helvie, of Larned, Kansas, had travelled to Mississippi to visit their son at college, and spent an afternoon on the beach. Before their trip, they had heard of so-called flesh-eating infections in Texas and Florida, but they thought the water in Ocean Springs, Mississippi, was safe.

“We won’t be getting in anymore,” Heather said, when told about Dick Empson’s case.

Nearby, two women and a small child played in the water. Adrienne Gerstenecker, from Boston, and Rosie Colomb, from New Orleans, splashed with Colomb’s little girl. Both were taken aback to learn about Vibrio. It may be rare, Colomb said, but the consequences are too severe to risk.

She pulled her daughter from the water. Gerstenecker squinted, looking in each direction on the beach.

“You would think they would at least put up a sign,” she said.

qKc3ADLl.jpg

Flooding in China leaves more than 100 people dead or missing. Heavy rains have left vast areas near the Yangtze river underwater with a typhoon due to hit by the end of the week. About 16 million people have been affected by heavy rains that have engulfed vast areas near the Yangtze, China’s longest river, the Beijing News cited the civil affairs ministry as saying. Water levels in Lake Taihu, close to Shanghai, are at their highest since 1954, it said, adding the area faced a serious risk of flooding if a typhoon hit nearby on Friday.

IQQWkhBl.jpg

Kolkata, India. People raise their hands to collect free clothes outside a mosque ahead of the Eid al-Fitr festival, which marks the end of the holy Muslim fasting month of Ramadan. Photograph: Rupak de Chowdhuri

bO0ENr8l.jpg

Scientists have discovered the world’s first known amphibious centipede, which grows up to 20cm long and has an excruciating bite. Scolopendra cataracta, from the Latin for waterfall, has been found in Laos, Thailand and Vietnam.

Wishing you all a great Tuesday morning, afternoon, evening and good luck for tomorrow 8dOmi6C.gif

ange1 avatar
Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 08:05
Hello Thalestris and all :)

Thank you for your posts :)

Like you i am intrigued with viruses and bacteria... there is so many. A lot of new ones and some that have been around for years but more advanced.

Wow it is scary to hear that a Flesh eating Bacteria has infected the Gulf Coast.
Even worse to think that it was possibly caused by the BP Spill. It just makes you wonder.

Wishing you and all a great Wednesday :)

Thalestris avatar
Posted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:43
Hi ange and everybody ! I hope that you're all enjoying this week end, so a super short post today because I type only with one hand. I ended up in the ER with a torn pectoral xJR2XKz.gif after some intense clearing of scrub w9u9vpc.gif, anyways you all take care , have fun, stay safe as well !! OdhNcXa.gif

Thalestris avatar
Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 17:01
Hi everybody , sorry, I'm not super active these days....Life with one arm you know, how practical , anyways, I can breathe in again since this morning so there's hope ! I did see those 2 trailers today so I thought that I would just pop in and share those with you and I wish you all a great end of the week, stay safe ! Take care !

Thalestris avatar
Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 16:39
Hi everybody ! I hope that you all had a good week ? So as you can see I can type again , I actually can move 2 fingers on that left hand .. But I do wish that we had a more cheerful day here in France.. It's just horrible again... I've been many times to Nice , I don't even count any more... It's quite hard not to think about it. Particularly about the children. 2 have died and many more are still at the hospital.. But what do they want those terrorists um, kill our joy of life, I guess? Well, It won't happen.

So as planned, here is my post for today. First that itw of Rami Malek , my crush of the week. If you're not familiar with that actor yet, it's never too late to watch "Mr Robot".

And I've added the trailers and clips that I've watched recently. So here we go.

osErmUOl.jpg

Mr Robot's Rami Malek: 'The world is in chaos – and all we do is hyperconsume'
The star of the most prescient show on TV has killed capitalism, torched the web – and sparked a haircut trend

“I went to the barber’s yesterday and the barber burst out laughing,” says Rami Malek. “She said, ‘Sorry for laughing – it’s just that everybody comes in asking for your haircut. And now you’re here yourself.’”

Malek shouldn’t sound so shocked. Since Mr Robot burst on to our screens last summer, the hacktivist thriller has been one of TV’s most talked about shows – and given us a new trim for our time. It’s already won a Golden Globe and is tipped to dominate the Emmys, with Malek among the favourites to land best actor.

Mr Robot is an addictive journey into the dark heart of modern America. Full of twists, the show follows reclusive hacker Elliot Alderson in his attempt to bring down corporate giant E Corp, which Elliot simply calls Evil Corp. In his now-iconic black hoodie, he stalks the streets of New York, shoulders hunched and eyes wild as his hacks cause mayhem.

Elliot is helped on his quest by the titular Mr Robot (an unshaven Christian Slater channelling his bad-boy Heathers heyday) who recruits him to join his hacking collective fsociety, which is run out of an abandoned amusement arcade in Coney Island. Or does he? Of all the twists in the compulsive first season, the best was the revelation that Elliot cannot trust his own mind: his life is upended and suddenly he is TV’s most unreliable narrator. As the second series kicks off, Elliot is alone once again – only now, the world is on the verge of financial collapse.

“He’s my polar opposite,” says Malek now. “I’m an exuberant person. I thrive on affection. I like chitchat.” Our own chitchat is taking place in a New York hotel, where Malek, sharply dressed in an immaculate blue shirt buttoned to the top, couldn’t be further from Elliot.

“One of the great things about living in New York,” he says, “is that you meet so many strangers – and I love encounters with strangers. Wait, that sounds odd. What I mean is I love meeting people and hearing their stories.”

Malek’s parents were Coptic Egyptians who moved to Los Angeles’s San Fernando Valley, which he describes as “a massive ethnic melting pot – my friends were mostly first-generation Americans”. His mother is an accountant and his father, now deceased, sold insurance. His older sister is a doctor and his identical twin brother, Sami, a teacher. “We’re all very theatrical,” he says. Although he always knew he wanted to go into acting, his parents saw it as an unstable career, a feeling that doubtless intensified as Malek could hardly be said to have shot straight to the A-list.

Instead, he spent 10 years building up a solid reputation as a character actor, most notably in Steven Spielberg’s war drama The Pacific and Paul Thomas Anderson’s The Master. Along the way, there were parts as a terrorist in 24 and an Iraqi insurgent in military drama Over There. Was he angry about that typecasting? “I believe things are going to change,” he says. “In this day and age, the American son no longer has a quintessential look. I think Mr Robot reflects that.”

The show changed everything. “People look at me in the street now. I don’t know if they differentiate between me and Elliot. There’s this look, like ‘There’s our little hero walking around New York!’” For all the jokes, he obviously relishes the attention: he mentions a young doorman in Manhattan who “told me how timely the show was and how it speaks to him. Then the other doorman, who was 20 or 30 years older, said, ‘I agree. That show is really affecting.’ I was shocked.”

There’s a certain irony to the fact that Mr Robot, a show that reflects our desperation to connect in isolating times, has resonated so strongly with fans. There are Reddit forums dedicated to unpicking its many mysteries and Tumblrs full of theories about how much of what we see is real and how much simply the product of Elliot’s fevered imagination.

Then there’s its prescience: last season seemed to anticipate the Ashley Madison and Sony hacks; this time the chaos following fsociety’s attack on the global financial markets echoes the current turbulence.

Is Malek surprised by show creator Sam Esmail’s predictions? “Definitely. Mr Robot resonates because we’re all concerned about what’s happening in the world right now – the sense that it’s just undulating right beneath our feet. At the same time, Sam’s making all these points about hyper consumerism and the way we use technology. We spend all our time connecting by typing on devices or viewing the world through lenses. There is something inauthentic about that. So much of how we live is manufactured rather than real.”

Does that make him anxious? “Absolutely. I’ve always been concerned with where we’re going and this show’s only made me more so.” How? “The world is chaotic at the moment and we’re shining a light on that. This show is asking exactly what effect this chaos might have on all of us. Do we all ultimately feel as uncomfortable as Elliot?”

There are, however, times when it all feels a bit too much. “Our audience is so enlightened. I like engaging with fans, taking selfies with them on the street. But one day I was hanging out with Sami and we were getting approached a lot. So he said, ‘Give them the Elliot – no one messes with that guy.’”

Wishing you all a great week end, have fun , take care, stay safe. eYSIDPr.gif

Thalestris avatar
Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 15:05
Hi everybody ! I hope that you all had a great start of the week so far ? So what's up in the world.. Well to be honest, I haven't found any good appealing story that might interest all of us, so for a change, I'll just post this short article instead, but I did watch lots of trailer and movie clips so let's go. (And I'd better hurry before the next storm... Bloody weather !) DFPSkTb.gif

eyNAJXDl.jpg

First look at Bong Joon-Ho's Okja

Unofficial set pictures can be the bane of a filmmaker's existence, especially one with a singular vision such as Snowpiercer director Bong Joon-Ho. So with pap snaps appearing to show the cast of his latest, Okja, he and backers Netflix have decided to be proactive, releasing the official image of Tilda Swinton and Giancarlo Esposito that adorns the top of this page.

Okja is a creature feature (an exciting prospect given the director's previous work on 2006's The Host) that finds a young woman named Mija (Seo-Hyeon Ahn) befriending the titular giant animal and trying to prevent a powerful, multi-national corporation from getting its ruthless paws on her pal.

Images of Okja itself have yet to appear, but the director describes it thus: "it is a bulky animal, but with a mild and kind spirit. The film is about a warm friendship between a country girl and a brute with stories. To me, the crazy world surrounding Okja and the girl looks more like a monster. I want to depict the two characters' bizarre journey and adventure across the tough world in an original fashion."

Jake Gyllenhaal, Paul Dano, Lily Collins, Shirley Henderson and Steven Yeun are all in the cast for this one, which will premiere on Netflix (and in some cinemas in the States) next year.

Wishing you a great Wednesday morning, afternoon, evening and good luck for tomorrow! 8dOmi6C.gif

[Prev]  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 46, 47  [Next]
Page 38 of 47   [ 691 posts ]

Forum Search

search in post message
  search in topic subject
Forum

Home - Browse Torrents - Upload Torrent - Stat - Forum - FAQ - Login
ExtraTorrent.cc is in compliance with copyrights
BitCoin: 12DiyqsWhENahDzdhdYsRrCw8FPQVcCkcm
Can't load ExtraTorrent? Try our official mirrors: etmirror.com - etproxy.com - extratorrentonline.com - extratorrentlive.com
2006-2017 ExtraTorrent.cc1