View Torrent Info: Underworld - Blood.Wars.2016.BluRay.720p.DTS.AC3.x264-ETRG
View Torrent Info: Cars.2006.720p.BluRay.x264.AAC-ETRG
View Torrent Info: Sing.2016.BluRay.720p.DTS.AC3.x264-ETRG
Hot torrents
BluRay, 4k UHD
View Torrent Info: Vengeance A Love Story 2017 BluRay 1080p x264 DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Monster.Trucks.2016.1080p.BluRay.x264-DRONES[EtHD]
View Torrent Info: Hidden Figures 2016 Multi 1080p BluRay x264 DTSHD 7.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Passengers 2016 Multi UHD BluRay 2160p HEVC HDR10 DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
Hot torrents
Television
View Torrent Info: Arrow.S05E18.HDTV.x264-LOL[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Survivor.S34E04.HDTV.x264-CROOKS[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Blindspot.S02E17.HDTV.x264-LOL[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Designated.Survivor.S01E14.HDTV.x264-LOL[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Happy New Year 2014 HQ 1080p BluRay x264 DTSHD 5.1 ESub -DDR
View Torrent Info: Hidden Figures 2016 1080p HDLight Urdu DDS 5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Ambuli (2012) x264 720p HDRiP {Dual Audio} [Hindi ORG DD 2.0   Telugu 2.0] Exclusive By DREDD
View Torrent Info: Running Shaadi (2017) DVDRIP 1CDRIP x264 AAC ESub [DDR]
30s
Chat
To add new messages please Login or Register for FREE
Warning! Stop Government from Tracking Your Torrenting!
Your IP Address is 54.161.161.92.   Location is United States
Your Internet Provider and Government can track your internet activity! Hide your IP and LOCATION with a VPN
ExtraTorrent strongly recommends using Trust.Zone VPN to anonymize your torrenting. It's FREE!
HIDE ME NOW

The Pirate Gazette (closed)

[Prev]  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 46, 47  [Next]
Page 41 of 47   [ 691 posts ]
AuthorMessage
Thalestris avatar
Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 17:02
Author: Turtle
Hi ange , glad to hear that you enjoy the trailers and the articles. And regarding Fabric, well, just wait & see, I do hope that they'll manage to keep it open. And a little post to wish you all a great week end, I was going to post a long itw of Viggo Mortensen, but since it seems to be Blake Lively's week end on ET, I'll post that one instead. And I've added all the trailers that I missed the past few days, my apologies to those who have seen them already. So let's go !

dvdjHRul.jpg

Blake Lively on sharks, starlets and filming with Woody Allen

“What I miss about old Hollywood,” says Blake Lively, “is that back then you got to watch movie stars and imagine they were that person. Now, we’re inundated with stories about people picking up their dog’s poop, or stories that aren’t even true. I mean: how many times has Jennifer Aniston been pregnant? Dear God!”

The media is remorseless, Lively continues, and mystery is the victim. “People want to know more, and that’s a really dangerous thing. With cinema, it means the greater narrative isn’t what you’re seeing on screen, it’s what you’re seeing off screen.”

In the flesh, Lively, who is 29, looks pretty much as she does when blown up as big as a bus: a first-rank glamour-puss straight off the pages of Playbill. She glides into this Cannes hotel at 2pm in stilettos and floor-length gold velveteen gown, with drop sapphire earrings and waves of blond hair that would make Hitchcock weep.

Lively is the epitome of the palatably popular modern movie star. She is married to another of them – Ryan Reynolds – and, like him, is a big hit with both genders. She posts on Instagram (cakes, frocks, lols with the makeup lady) but keeps it classy, and ringfences her private life. She commands huge advertising contracts (L’Oréal, Gucci), yet somehow makes her commitment to even the biggest brands feel organic. Her stock-in-trade is approachable but aspirational.

The surprise this season has been that she also happens to be pretty good at acting. Having cut her teeth on a six-year TV show (Gossip Girl) and broken into cinema via 2005 teen product The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants, Lively long seemed a little vanilla. But just as Reynolds turned round his career by showing off his chops in a one-person-in-peril movie (Buried), so too has his wife.

The Shallows was this summer’s surprise breakout hit, hauling five times its budget and showing Lively could carry a film single-handed. She spends almost 90 minutes battling a shark, on a remote rock, in a bikini, with just an injured seagull for company. She looks fantastic, but that’s not the reason you can’t take your eyes off her.

“It was so emotionally demanding,” she says. “With those isolation movies, there’s no one to talk to and you’re often not speaking much. You do 16-minute takes of going from happy to watching someone die, to screaming, to pain, to fighting. So you’re just physically drained at the end of the day.” Plus there was all the swimming, “a ton of underwater work”, no stunt double until the last two weeks – and then mostly because her second pregnancy was starting to show.

She will shortly be appearing in Marc Forster’s new thriller All I See Is You, as a blind woman who regains her sight. And this Friday sees the release of Café Society, Woody Allen’s latest, in which she’s out-of-the-blue captivating: breezy, funny and touching as a divorcee socialite in 1930s Hollywood who catches the eye of Jesse Eisenberg.

Shooting Café Society was like a wonderful dream, she says, more like being in a play than a film. “The movie you see is often very different from the movie you shoot. The magic comes together in post-production. But when you’re on a Woody Allen set, you look around and think: ‘We’re making a Woody Allen movie!’ He creates the environment around you. If there’s a band playing, it’s not someone turning on a boombox. It’s a band playing from the beginning of the take. You have to speak loudly.”

Not that everything about that era was terrific. Hollywood in the 30s “was a very domineering industry. They decided who people would date, the movies they would do, and they would block people’s careers if they wanted to promote someone else.” Plus, women like the one she plays could only be free for a certain time before getting shackled to the sink. “It was a very patriarchal society and women were meant to stay at home and raise the kids. You hoped to find a loving and successful husband, because men were the ones who were able to be breadwinners. Now women can exist in both worlds. There’s still a vast amount of inequality but it’s better.”

While Allen and Eisenberg share with the film a disdain for name-dropping and star worship, Lively, careful to accommodate the average Joe, says encountering famous people is something that “geeks me out but I’m also intimidated by it”. She tells a tale about being snapped next to Beyoncé at the Met Ball. “The first thing I want to do,” she says, “is find that picture online and say, ‘Beyonce knows my name!’”

Live by Night Official Trailer 1 (2016) - Ben Affleck Movie

Gold Official Trailer 1 (2016) - Matthew McConaughey Movie

FREE FIRE - Official UK Red Band Trailer (2017) Sharlto Copley, Cillian Murphy, Brie Larson Action Movie HD

The Free World Official Trailer 1 (2016) - Elisabeth Moss Movie

Underworld: Blood Wars Official Trailer 1 (2017) - Kate Beckinsale Movie

The Road to Mandalay Official Teaser

Ouija: Origin of Evil Official Trailer 2 (2016) - Horror Movie

Wishing you all a great week end, have fun, take care ! 8dOmi6C.gif
jazzykat avatar
Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 18:03
Author: Site FriendET loverKittyGirlSun
Hi Thalestris &Thanks for the trailers :)

One in particular i fancy is Underworld Blood wars !!

Here is a video i thought was so funny LOL

Adele - Send My Love (To Your New Lover) PARODY! Key of Awesome

Have a Fab weekend my friend :)

ange1 avatar
Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 18:22
Author: ModeratorET lover
jazzykat wrote:
Hi Thalestris &Thanks for the trailers :)

One in particular i fancy is Underworld Blood wars !!

Here is a video i thought was so funny LOL

Adele - Send My Love (To Your New Lover) PARODY! Key of Awesome

Have a Fab weekend my friend :)

Jazzy hi hun :) lovely to see you and i agree i can't wait to see Blood Wars :) xx
ImHereForTheLulz avatar
Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:55
Author:
great thread with lots of information thanks Thalestris and Angel1
vinron avatar
Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 14:29
Author: Blocked
ImHereForTheLulz wrote:
great thread with lots of information thanks Thalestris and Angel1

Razor_X - who knew or would have ever suspected you were such an ass kissing brown noser...bro are you wanting to be staff so bad that you go from post to post to add your petty comment.
Thalestris avatar
Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 17:08
Hi Jazzy , sorry for the late answer, I had a crazy start of the week here, thanks for the Adele's parody , it was really funny indeed. And hi ange, just like you, I look forward to that next opus of Underworld, I'm a huge fan as well. And hi I'mHereFortheLulz, thanks for your feedback. And hi vinron.

So what's up in the world, well I was thinking about Toronto Festival at first, but in fact, I'll be posting this interesting article about the making of Anthropoid instead. I look forward to watching that movie, no doubt about that. And I've added the trailers afterwards as usual, so let's go.

Eab2DpJl.jpg

‘Anthropoid’: Why It Took 15 Years to Bring An Unbelievable World War II Story to The Big Screen
Director Sean Ellis and stars Jamie Dornan and Cillian Murphy on the expectations and responsibilities of making a real war story.

There are no happy endings in Sean Ellis’ World War II drama “Anthropoid.” But should a new plan to honor the heroes portrayed within the new war drama pan out, the true story’s gruesome history might be forever altered in an unexpectedly positive way.

Ellis’ latest film follows the true story of Czechoslovakian resistance fighters Josef Gabčík (Cillian Murphy) and Jan Kubiš (Jamie Dornan), who undertook the nearly impossible mission to assassinate SS General Reinhard Heydrich in Prague in 1942. The plan ultimately resulted in the deaths of Kubiš, Gabčík and five other Czechoslovakian fighters – and while Heydrich didn’t die immediately as planned, he did succumb to his injuries soon after, altering the course of the war forever – and while the soldiers have long been national heroes, over seven decades have passed without a proper burial for their bodies.

Thanks to renewed interest in the unbelievable story of Operation Anthropoid, that could be changing soon.

“Because of this discussion that’s going on, the government have acted on information that they know where the bodies are,” Ellis recently told IndieWire, referencing a recent story by the BBC. “Now they’re going to excavate this grave, and they think that Kubiš and Gabčík are there. Their heads aren’t there, because they were decapitated, but the seven guys, they think, are in this grave.”

A Proper Ending

Per Ellis, should DNA testing prove that the bodies of the seven fighters – and, in particular, Kubiš and Gabčík – are in a mass grave in the Dablice cemetery (located just outside Prague), the Czech government intends to treat them with the utmost of respect.

“They are going to give them a proper burial, with memorials and all the rest of it, because they are the Czech heroes,” the filmmaker said.

Ellis looks a bit dazed when recounting the latest chapter in his 15-year quest to make “Anthropoid.” “It’s humbling in a weird way,” Ellis said. “That you’ve made something that’s pushed that even further and has then become part of the historical aspect of it.”

And for Ellis, that history was always of utmost importance.

The filmmaker first found out about Operation Anthropoid in 2001, when he saw a documentary about the mission and quickly became obsessed with the idea of turning it into a feature film. It was a long process, and Ellis struggled when it came to cracking the most basic question of all: Why this story?

“They Were Ordinary Guys”

The director told IndieWire that he found himself stuck “trying to figure out, as a filmmaker, why I am obsessed with it, and what it is. I think once you find that out, then you can figure out what the film is.”

With time, he figured it out. “In its very basic terms, it’s about seven men that sacrificed their lives for their country,” he said. “They were ordinary guys, they weren’t super-soldiers, they were just ordinary people in extraordinary positions of fate.”

Over the next 15 years, Ellis set about creating a story that would honor the real Kubiš and Gabčík – and the people who idolize them – through detailed and copious research, innumerable visits to the Czech Republic and casting a pair of actors to star in his film that were as reverent of the material as their director was.

“You have a duty of responsibility,” Murphy recently told IndieWire when asked about handling such heavy material. “This event happened. These men lived and died. Their descendants are still around.”

Murphy was tasked with playing the more abrasive and mission-driven Gabčík, whose ability to open up to those around him – including Anna Geislerová as his love interest Lanka, along with Dornan as his mission partner Kubiš – goes through tremendous changes as the film approaches its heart-stopping finale.

Dornan serves as his foil, thanks to a complex role as the anxiety-ridden Kubiš, who opens the film unable to shoot an enemy who recently took aim at both men without a second thought. The actor was also nervous about playing such beloved men.

“You’re very conscious, on an everyday level, that you’re telling a real story, a real piece of history and you’re playing men who existed,” Dornan said. “I think it can be sort of paralyzing if that’s all you think about.”

Taking Liberties

But Dornan warns against such thinking interfering on actual performance. “You shouldn’t be taking that in between ‘action’ and ‘cut,'” he said. “You’ve got to forget about all that and just tell the truth of the scene. It certainly does carry its own weight when you’re playing real characters.”

Ellis admits he took some liberties with the film’s script – a necessity for storytelling – but believes that the film gets to the heart of the men it portrays.

“Obviously, we don’t know about the relationships, we don’t know about the personalities,” Ellis said. “That’s where, as a filmmaker, you come in and start building up a dramatic structure around historic events. That’s what you have license with.”

To round out the emotional beats of the film, both Kubiš and Gabčík are given love interests who participate in various aspects of the mission, including Geislerová as an amalgamation of various women that Gabčík met during his time in Prague and Charlotte Le Bon as Marie, a character based on a woman with whom many believe Kubiš had a passionate romance before being killed.

Those characters and relationships add an extra layer of emotion to the film, and Ellis is secure in his choice to include them. “You sort of navigate it through as an author and say, ‘What feels right? What do I do?'” he said. “So, in a weird way, you’re presenting a new version of all of these stories.”

“It Kind of Winds You”

Still, Ellis was dedicated to keeping things as real as possible whenever he could, especially as it relates to settings, locations and timelines. For the film’s final location, an Eastern Orthodox Church of Saints Cyril and Methodius, where the seven took their final refuge and endured a stunning six-hour battle the anchors the film’s last act, Ellis went all out.

“Historically, it’s very accurate,” he said. “That church was rebuilt to the plans. If you go to the real church, and you’ve seen the film, you couldn’t tell the difference between the two. You’d think we’d shot in the real church.”

“The film is as authentic as I think it could possibly be,” Murphy said. “Ultimately, you then have to go, ‘Right now, we’re making a piece of entertainment. We’re making a piece of cinema.’ Then you have to jump off, bravely.”

The mix of history and artistic license adds up to a potent war drama that doesn’t balk at delivering some swift emotional punches.

“One of my best mates said that he felt like someone kicked the shit out of him,” Dornan said. “It does do that to you.” Murphy agreed. “It just gets you,” he said. “It kind of winds you. It’s quite emotional.”

Both Dornan and Murphy pointed to Ellis’ deep research as being essential to not only the final product, but their experience in making the film.

“Sean places you in the environment pretty convincingly,” Dornan said. “The church stuff, you feel claustrophobic. You feel like you are being trapped in there with them, and there is no escape, and that’s totally what it felt like to shoot.”

“They just had no hope,” he continued. “You’re just watching them, knowing the inevitable. It’s very hard to watch.”

Coming Home

“Anthropoid” had its world premiere during Prague’s own Karlovy Vary Film Festival, where it debuted to a packed house of Czechs eager to see their heroes up on the big screen. The final result was a moment that still makes Dornan feel “a little funny” when he thinks about it.

“For the Czech people, this is a huge part of their culture and their history,” Dornan said. “To screen it there for the first time – in the biggest cinema I’ve ever been to in my life, it was 1,200 people, 90% of them were Czechs – it was fucking terrifying. You’re just desperate to please them and to have made something that they think is good and honorable and noble.”

For Ellis, it was the culmination of 15 years of hard work and dedication.

“The Minster of Defense sat next to me,” Ellis recalled. “And he turned to me and he was crying and he hugged me and he said, ‘You make me proud to be Czech.’ I just thought, ‘Well, that’s why I made it. You should be proud.'”

Anthropoid - Official UK Trailer (2016)

Nocturnal Animals Official Trailer - Teaser (2016) - Amy Adams Movie

Miss Sloane Official Trailer - Teaser (2016) - Jessica Chastain Movie

The Promise Official Trailer 1 (2016) - Christian Bale Movie

Crisis in Six Scenes - Trailer | Amazon Prime Woody Allen.

NEVER EVER Trailer | TIFF Festival 2016

The Fall series 3 - RTÉ One Trailer

The Good Neighbor Official Trailer 1 (2016) - James Caan Movie

Train to Busan Official Trailer 2 (2016) - Yoo Gong Movie

The Girl with All the Gifts Official International Trailer #1 (2016) - Glenn Close Movie HD

Wishing you all a great Wednesday morning, afternoon, evening and good luck for tomorrow. 8dOmi6C.gif
Thalestris avatar
Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 20:53
And I forgot to say in the previous post :

The Pirate Gazette is taking a long break till the beginning of November and will come back or not ?

So you all take care till then , stay curious and above all , stay safe !

mwZYuHgl.jpg

ange1 avatar
Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 09:39
Good morning Thalestris, jazzy ImHereForTheLulz and all :)

Thank you for the kind words ImHereForTheLulz aww but it is Thalestris who puts so much work into her Thread, amazing posts :) i just add from time to time ;)

Thalestris thank you for the awesome posts and trailers and looking forward to watching Anthropoid :) i just love Cillian Murphy fantastic actor and his eyes are just so dreamy lol :)

AWWWW we shall miss you but wish you all the very best in your long break. Hope you have a wonderful time and sending love and best wishes :) xx

I do hope you will return in November as no one posts articles like you hun :)

ange1 avatar
Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 18:32
Good evening Thalestris, jazzy and all :) hope your all having a great week.

I thought i would post this news altho speculation but it seems that a prequel may be in the works for the Train to Busan 2 :) a big thank you to Thalestris for recommending me the Korean Horror which was a very good movie. The koreans do bring out some awesome horrors :)

http://www.itechpost.com/articles/33023/20160926/train-busan-2-replace-gong-yoo-song-joong-ki-live.htm
Thalestris avatar
Posted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 18:12
Hi ange ! I hope that you had a great month, we have a lot to catch up.. So a little post to wish you all a great week end, oh my it's freezing here today..And it's raining cats & dogs too. Obviously I've missed most movie trailers and festivals, so I'll post some of them as usual in the end , much more as a reminder than anything. And since "Miss Peregrine" has arrived on ET, aren't we lucky ?! Here is a little interview of miss Eva Green. So let's go !

FBlE2jyl.jpg

Eva Green Talks Bond, Burton, and Her Decision to Work with Roman Polanski
The Miss Peregrine's actress has officially reached muse-dom. ( Sep 29 2016)

Not to be dramatic, but Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children is Tim Burton's best movie since Edward Scissorhands (that's right, I went there), and that's in large part thanks to Eva Green. The Parisian actress nails her titular performance as the quick-talking headmistress, so it's no surprise that she's been dubbed Tim Burton's new muse. But is she ready to take the mantle from Winona Ryder and Helena Bonham Carter?

You recently mentioned wanting to get away from scripts that describe the female lead as a "beautiful, mysterious woman." Do you feel Burton gives you the opportunity to subvert typecasting?

Eva Green: In a Tim Burton movie, you know it's going to be something unusual, or a bit mad. Something "other." The characters are many-layered. I've never played a character that is just beautiful, but sometimes you can read scripts that sound so shallow, like women are objects. I've never done something like that, though.

"I've always felt like I'm from another planet."

This film celebrates difference. Have you had personal experiences of outsiderdom?

EG: I've always felt a bit weird, very shy. Like, I can't believe I'm here giving interviews and doing stuff like this—it's so surreal. I've never been very good talking about myself. I'm very proud of this movie and of course I want to promote it, but it's kind of paradoxical. I've always felt like I'm from another planet.

I saw a really interesting article reading the film as an allegory for Syrian refugees. There are also many allegories to be made about bullying. What do you make of the film being a lens to discuss these important social topics?

EG: I think everybody will imagine their own thing. In the novel it was quite obvious that the Peculiars were the Jews and the Hollows were the Nazis. It's more like a generic message—don't be ashamed of who you are, embrace who you are. And if you're weird, it's good to be weird. It's boring to be like everybody. I love that.

You've been described as Tim Burton's new muse—does that put pressure on you, or do you embrace it?

EG: It's kind of a big responsibility. Of course, I'm very flattered he asked me to be a part of his adventure—but I find this word a bit intimidating. It's scary.

What draws you to the fantastical worlds Burton creates? Is there a sense of escapism you search for when picking movies?

EG: Of course, it's a Tim Burton movie so full stop I would do anything. But at the end of the day, I choose something that makes my heart beat, that I can relate to, that's very complex, or human. Miss Peregrine's is a fantasy-adventure; it has striking moments and you escape for a little while—but also it makes you think and it's very human.

You were a Bond Girl. As someone who's been involved in the franchise, do you think the world is ready for a female Bond? There's been a lot of chatter about the possibility.

EG: I think if it's a woman it would be a different thing. They could do a movie about a spy woman and all this, but I think Bond...I mean, call me old-fashioned, but I think he should remain a man.

: Strange question, but you are never without your giant silver skull ring. What does it symbolize to you?

EG: It's weird, it's funny. It's kind of a cheap ring that I bought in Paris. When I did The Dreamers I left it in a bathroom at a hotel. It's a bit stupid when you're superstitious and you lose your lucky stuff, but I panicked. I went all the way back and found it. All my jewelry has stories.

You're slated to star in Roman Polanski's new film. What drew you to the project? I wanted to ask about making the decision to star in a movie made by someone so controversial.

EG: I just thought it was a very good role, and there are not many good roles for women. It's a very intense story, it was inspired by a French best-seller. He's done fantastic movies and I just see him as an artist. Then the man, I don't want to get in there— it's a different thing and I don't really know him. I'm just working with a great artist.

T2: TRAINSPOTTING 2 Trailer (2017) Danny Boyle Movie

NOCTURNAL ANIMALS - Official Trailer [HD] -

Life Official Trailer 1 (2017) - Jake Gyllenhaal Movie

Allied TV SPOT - This Man (2016) - Brad Pitt Movie

LOVING - Official Trailer [HD] -

Exclusive clip from The Wailing- Horror

Doctor Strange Movie CLIP - Sanctum Battle (2016) - Benedict Cumberbatch Movie

My Dead Boyfriend Official Trailer 1 (2016) - Heather Graham Movie

Trash Fire Official Trailer 1 (2016) - Adrian Grenier Movie

Wishing you all a great week end, have fun, take care, stay safe ! 8dOmi6C.gif
ange1 avatar
Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 21:47
Hello my lovely friend i had a great Month and hope you did too :) Thank you for the awesome post and news. Eva Green just watched her new movie Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children and i loved it. Eva always at her best, she is just a superb actor, Give her any part and she can play it brilliant. Just wish we could have seen another season of Penny Dreadful miss that show a lot :(
Thalestris avatar
Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 18:02
ange1 wrote:
Hello my lovely friend i had a great Month and hope you did too :) Thank you for the awesome post and news. Eva Green just watched her new movie Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children and i loved it. Eva always at her best, she is just a superb actor, Give her any part and she can play it brilliant. Just wish we could have seen another season of Penny Dreadful miss that show a lot :(

Hi ange, I totally agree with you as I told you last night. She is indeed absolutely amazing in Miss Peregrine, I'm so glad to have been able to screen that movie. It's already one of my favorite movies of Tim Burton for sure. And for today, well let's say that it's just a little funny break. I unfortunately didn't have much time available today to read anything else apart from those articles related to Us Election. And I'll be obviously trying to stay awake as much as I can and watch the news tonight.. So here we go, a little selection of my favorite cartoons of the week! Wishing all Etians a great sleepless night, a nice dinner with lots of wine and coffee for my part !

Y8ohOC8l.jpg

Election circus Luc Vernimmen

y8oTcAdl.jpg

THE BALLOT BOX 2016 Dino

een1gUHl.jpg

"Double-edged election" Antonio Rodríguez
Either of these two options carries a high risk for US citizens and the whole world.

QBfCeqFl.jpg

US ELECTION RESULTS-premonitory cartoon Miguel Villalba Sánchez (Elchicotriste)

No more speculation. Since we know how geo-economic-politics work, we can perfectly anticipate the results of US elections. Am I playing with my reputation here? I don't think so. You have the winner today perfectly depicted in this cartoon, and also the reasons why is going to be the winner, despite her wikilieaks proved criminal carreer. ENJOY THE FUTURE!

uNj3LMbl.jpg

Election Day Miguel Villalba Sánchez (Elchicotriste)

It's election day. This cartoon is based on the idea of a student and part of a project we're currenty running in the United States.

Thalestris avatar
Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 17:50
Hi everybody. So all the predictions were wrong. What a creepy night! I actually thought at some point that I was hallucinating really. Nope. Donald Trump has won. Most of you have probably heard his first speech today I guess? So he is trying to make us believe now that he is thinking about the well being of all Americans um ? And he talks unity. We've been really naive lately, but we're not complete idiots yet. Meanwhile, most nationalists, far- right leaders, right wing populists react with glee as Trump has won Us election, included Marine Le Pen (Front National) here in France. So I've read many good and interesting articles today, but somehow, I'll save the first one that I read very early this morning. And I've added a few cartoons and the cover of French newspapers Libération. So let's go.

oiKhBiGl.jpg

"Heil, Mr.President !" Antonio Rodríguez

The US has elected its most dangerous leader. We all have plenty to fear (Jonathan Freedland)

The people of America have stepped into the abyss. The new president elect is an unstable bigot, sexual predator and compulsive liar; he is capable of anything

We thought the United States would step back from the abyss. We believed, and the polls led us to feel sure, that Americans would not, in the end, hand the most powerful office on earth to an unstable bigot, sexual predator and compulsive liar.

People all around the world had watched and waited, through the consecutive horrors of the 2016 election campaign, believing the Trump nightmare would eventually pass. But today the United States – the country that had, from its birth, seen itself as a beacon that would inspire the world, a society that praised itself as “the last best hope of earth”, the nation that had seemed to be bending the arc of history towards justice, as Barack Obama so memorably put it on this same morning eight years ago – has stepped into the abyss.

Today the United States stands not as a source of inspiration to the rest of the world but as a source of fear. Instead of hailing its first female president, it seems poised to hand the awesome power of its highest office to a man who revels in his own ignorance, racism and misogyny. One who knows him well describes him as a dangerous “sociopath”.

And what awesome power he will soon have. Republicans did not just defy almost every projection, prediction and data-rich computer model to win the presidency. They also won the House of Representatives and much of the Senate. Trump will face few checks on his whims. A man with no control of his impulses will be unrestrained, the might of a superpower at the service of his ego and his id.

The most obvious impact will be on the country he will soon rule. Just think of what he has promised. A deportation force to round up and expel the 11 million undocumented migrants who make up 6% of the US workforce. A ban on all Muslims entering the country, later downgraded to a pledge to impose “extreme vetting” on anyone coming from a suspect land. A giant wall to seal off the Mexican border. “Some form of punishment” for women who seek an abortion. And prison for the woman he just defeated.

People will say that all that was just talk. But they said that throughout the campaign, insisting that Trump would “pivot” to a more moderate stance, that he would become more “presidential”. He never did. And surely he will see this victory as proof that he was always right, that his instincts are perfect and never to be challenged. There is no reason for him to moderate at all. The office of Thomas Jefferson, Abraham Lincoln, Franklin Roosevelt and John F Kennedy is now his playpen. He can do what he likes.

This will be America’s ordeal primarily. But it will affect all of us. A reality TV star with no experience of either politics or the military will have the nuclear button as his toy. This, remember, is the man who reportedly asked several times, during a military briefing, why the US didn’t use nuclear weapons since it had them. This is the man who has said “I love war”. Whose proposed solution to Isis is “to bomb the shit out of them” and steal the oil.

Think of the anxiety this morning in Riga, Vilnius or Tallinn. In the summer, Trump told the New York Times he did not believe in Nato’s core principle: that an attack on one member should be met by a response from all. He seemed to see Nato as a mafia protection racket: unless the little guys paid up, they should be left undefended. Vladimir Putin – Trump’s hero, admired as the very model of a leader by the president-elect of the United States – will not need more of a hint than that. The Russian dictator will surely see his opportunity to invade one or more Baltic states and expand his empire. President Trump would only admire the macho swagger of such a move.

A trade war looms with China, the imposition of tariffs that could imperil the entire global trading system. America is about to turn inward, towards protectionism. The markets have already delivered their verdict on that. They plunged.

And what about our planet? Trump believes climate change is a hoax perpetrated by the Chinese. He will do nothing to reduce emissions: he does not believe they exist.

But beyond all that, there is another consequence of this terrifying decision, no less dark. Trump’s success has delighted white nationalists and racists in his own country and beyond. His victories in the key battleground states were hailed by David Duke, a former luminary of the Ku Klux Klan: “God Bless Donald Trump,” he tweeted. “It’s TIME TO TAKE AMERICA BACK.” The Dutch nationalist Geert Wilders was in similarly cheery mood: “The people are taking their country back,” he said, “So will we.” Marine Le Pen will feel the same jubilation, as will every other populist or nationalist who traffics in hate.

For they have seen the power of a message built on fear and loathing. It’s not good enough to say this is all about the economic anxiety of those who have been left behind, though that clearly played a part in winning rustbelt states for Trump. But it’s an incomplete explanation because Trump did not only win those voters. He won 63% of white men and 52% of white women. Not all of those were the left behind. A lot of them were people drawn to a message that was, in part and however thinly coded, about reinstating white privilege.

Who is to blame? The list is so long, from the Republican party to the media, from the pollsters and data nerds who got it so wrong to the Clinton campaign team that took onetime Democratic bastions for granted, including Clinton herself, who for all her strengths was a flawed candidate. You can condemn all of them, but on a day like this who really cares about blame? The most powerful country in the world is to be led by its most dangerous ever leader, a figure who could have walked out of a school textbook narrating the darkest history of the 20th century. The wartime holder of the office that in January will be Trump’s once told Americans they had “nothing to fear but fear itself”. That is not true today. America and the rest of us have plenty to fear – starting with the man who now stands on top of the world.

Zzhp0H7l.jpg

mTZUSLhl.jpg

The walking dead USA. Believe it or not.(Jesus Christ! Who would have expected this shite! Speechless...speechless. Minorities of the US, get ready to Tango for real (oh well, you weren't that good either with those democrats right?) Miguel Villalba Sánchez (Elchicotriste)

K0ouDbSl.jpg

At the USA-Canada Border: the Choice Enrico Bertuccioli

Consequences of Trump's Victory: Canada's immigration website crashes as Trump's election lead grows...

Thalestris avatar
Posted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 13:19
Hi everybody ! A little post to wish you all a great week end. So Mr Leonard Cohen, the legendary singer-songwriter whose work inspired generations, has died at the age of 82. Instead of posting an obituary, I'll post this archive, one of his last interview. Also a few videos of his most famous songs afterwards. And in the end, some movie trailers so let's go.

lvZIhbrl.jpg

Marianne Ihlen and Leonard Cohen.

Leonard Cohen: 'I am ready to die'
The 82-year-old singer-songwriter has discussed health, ageing and his collection of incomplete music and poetry in a new interview
( archive Wednesday 12 October 2016)

Leonard Cohen has once again demonstrated his ability to speak with calm clarity on the subject of death. In a new interview, in which the 82-year-old discusses his future as an artist, he says: “I am ready to die. I hope it’s not too uncomfortable. That’s about it for me.”

According to the article, published in the New Yorker, Cohen has a vault of unpublished poems and unfinished lyrics to finish and record or publish.

“The big change is the proximity to death,” he says. “I am a tidy kind of guy. I like to tie up the strings if I can. If I can’t, that’s OK. But my natural thrust is to finish things that I’ve begun.”

He goes on to say, however, that he might never be able to release his incomplete tracks: “I don’t think I’ll be able to finish those songs. Maybe, who knows? And maybe I’ll get a second wind, I don’t know. But I don’t dare attach myself to a spiritual strategy. I don’t dare do that. I’ve got some work to do. Take care of business. I am ready to die. I hope it’s not too uncomfortable. That’s about it for me.”

Cohen goes on to describe how he “is filled with many fewer distractions than other times in my life and [I’m able] to work with a little more concentration and continuity than when I had duties of making a living, being a husband, being a father. Those distractions are radically diminished at this point. The only thing that mitigates against full production is just the condition of my body.”

Much of the New Yorker piece focuses on Cohen’s relationship with Marianne Ihlen, the subject of songs such as Bird on a Wire and So Long, Marianne, who died earlier this year.

In August, Cohen’s final letter to his dying muse described his peace with death. “We are really so old and our bodies are falling apart and I think I will follow you very soon,” he wrote.

Elsewhere in the interview, Cohen continues his philosophical attitude towards life and death – and describes his fortunate position as he nears the end of his time:

For some odd reason, I have all my marbles, so far. I have many resources, some cultivated on a personal level, but circumstantial, too: my daughter and her children live downstairs, and my son lives two blocks down the street. So I am extremely blessed. I have an assistant who is devoted and skilful. I have a friend or two who make my life very rich. So in a certain sense I’ve never had it better … At a certain point, if you still have your marbles and are not faced with serious financial challenges, you have a chance to put your house in order. Putting your house in order, if you can do it, is one of the most comforting activities, and the benefits of it are incalculable.

Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets Official Trailer - Teaser (2017) - Movie

Collateral Beauty Official Trailer 2 (2016) - Will Smith Movie

Underworld: Blood Wars Official Trailer - "Blood" (2017) - Kate Beckinsale Movie

Arrival Movie CLIP - They Need To See Me (2016) - Amy Adams Movie

Ali and Nino Official Trailer #1 (2016) María Valverde, Adam Bakri Romance Movie HD

Operator Official Trailer 1 (2016) - Mae Whitman Movie

Shut In Official Trailer 1 (2016) - Naomi Watts Movie

The Monster Official Trailer 1 (2016) - Zoe Kazan Movie

Wishing you all a great week end, have fun, take care, stay safe. SLyMNpv.gif

Thalestris avatar
Posted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 13:17
EoYiV9Jl.jpg

Paris attacks anniversary to be marked with Sting concert at Bataclan

Hi everybody , a little post today because it's a special week end for all of us here in France and I wanted to thank Sting who is certainly a true gentleman. He is going to perform tonight at reopening of venue on eve of commemorations of terrorist attacks that killed 130 people. He last played at the Bataclan in 1979, will perform a one-hour charity set on Saturday night to mark its reopening. All proceeds will go to the two associations set up to support survivors and the families of the attack victims, Life for Paris and 13 Novembre: Fraternité Verité. In dark times like this, this is what I believe in peace, art & music. Thank you again Sting.

Sting - Fragile

[Prev]  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 46, 47  [Next]
Page 41 of 47   [ 691 posts ]

Forum Search

search in post message
  search in topic subject
Forum

Home - Browse Torrents - Upload Torrent - Stat - Forum - FAQ - Login
ExtraTorrent.cc is in compliance with copyrights
BitCoin: 12DiyqsWhENahDzdhdYsRrCw8FPQVcCkcm
Can't load ExtraTorrent? Try our official mirrors: etmirror.com - etproxy.com - extratorrentonline.com - extratorrentlive.com
2006-2017 ExtraTorrent.cc2