Hot torrents
First Cams
View Torrent Info: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2 2017 HDCAM 700MB x264-DiRG
View Torrent Info: Free Fire 2017 HDCAM x264-CPG
View Torrent Info: The.Fate.of.the.Furious.2017.HDTS.H264.AC3.HQ.Hive-CM8
View Torrent Info: The Boss Baby 2017 720p HD-TS x264 AC3-CPG
Hot torrents
XVID DIVX
View Torrent Info: The Wolfman Legacy - Werewolf of London (1935) Xvid DvDRip [DDR]
View Torrent Info: Dont.Fuck.in.the.Woods.2016.HDRip.XviD.AC3-EVO
View Torrent Info: Small.Crimes.2017.HDRip.XviD.AC3-EVO
View Torrent Info: The.Sex Addict.2017.HDRip.XViD-ETRG
Hot torrents
H264 X264
View Torrent Info: Small Crimes (2017) NF - 720p WEBRiP - 850MB - ShAaNiG
View Torrent Info: Rogue One (2016) 720p BluRay x264 DTS Soup
View Torrent Info: Sold (2016) x264 DvDRip DDS 5.1 Esub -DDR
View Torrent Info: Voice.from.the.Stone.2017.720p.WEB-DL.H264.AC3-ETRG
Hot torrents
BluRay, 4k UHD
View Torrent Info: Fifty.Shades.Darker.2017.UNRATED.Multi.1080p.BluRay.x264.DTSHD7.1-DDR
View Torrent Info: Avatar.2009.4K.HDR.10bit.BT2020.DTS.HD.MA-VISIONPLUSHDR1000
View Torrent Info: The Void 2016 Bluray 1080P x264 DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: The Legend of Ben Hall 2016 Bluray 1080p x264 DTSHD5.1 -DDR
Hot torrents
Television
View Torrent Info: The.Originals.S04E06.WEB-DL.x264-FUM[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Hawaii.Five-0.2010.S07E23.WEB-DL.x264-FUM[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Blue.Bloods.S07E21.WEB-DL.x264-FUM[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Supernatural.S12E19.WEB-DL.x264-FUM[ettv]
View Torrent Info: [ 18] Sechs Schwedinnen auf Ibiza (1981) BDRip 720p x264 [Multi Audio] [German Spanish English]--prisak~~{HKRG}
View Torrent Info: Viking 2016 RUSSIAN 720p BRRip 999 MB - iExTV
View Torrent Info: The Lodge (2008) x264 720p UNCUT BluRay Eng Subs {Dual Audio} [Hindi ORG DD 2.0   English 5.1] Exclusive By DREDD
View Torrent Info: [ 18] High Test Girls (1980) DVDRip x264 [Dual Audio][German English]--prisak~~{HKRG}
30s
Chat
To add new messages please Login or Register for FREE
Warning! Protect Yourself from Lawsuits and Fines!
Your IP Address is 54.198.216.180.   Location is United States
Your IP Address is visible to EVERYONE. Hide your IP ADDRESS with a VPN while torrenting!
ExtraTorrent strongly recommends using Trust.Zone VPN to anonymize your torrenting. It's FREE!
Hide my IP address!

The Pirate Gazette (closed)

[Prev]  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 46, 47  [Next]
Page 42 of 47   [ 691 posts ]
AuthorMessage
ange1 avatar
Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 09:25
Author: ModeratorET lover
Good morning Thalestris, thank you for all your wonderful posts and keeping us all up to date with news around the world and trailers :)

Thought i would post the new Beauty and the Beast Trailer

I can't wait to see this, apparently they have kept it the same way so nothing added which is lovely to hear as they generally tend to add there own take on movies rather than keep to the original. Sometimes they work and can be good but i prefer a movie to be kept to its original script :)

Selsley avatar
Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 02:37
Author: Site FriendET junkieET loverSupermanKittymenSunTurtle
ange1 wrote:
Good morning Thalestris, thank you for all your wonderful posts and keeping us all up to date with news around the world and trailers :)

Thought i would post the new Beauty and the Beast Trailer

I can't wait to see this, apparently they have kept it the same way so nothing added which is lovely to hear as they generally tend to add there own take on movies rather than keep to the original. Sometimes they work and can be good but i prefer a movie to be kept to its original script :)

pfft! it already had disneys fingerprints all over it. i wish they would make movies from the original stories and not from disneys watered down versions.

the original story says that the beast was a prince whos father died when he was young, and he was put in the care of an evil fairy when his mother went to war to protect the kingdom, the fairy turned him to the beast after she failed to seduce him when he became an adult.
beauty was the daughter of a king and good fairy, after the wicked fairy tried to kill her, so she could marry the king, she took the place of a dead daughter of a merchant for her protection.

did you know, in the original snow white she was thought to be dead, and the prince took her to his castle not coz he was in love with her but coz he wanted to have sex with her, she was eventually revived after the apple was dislodged,... while he was bonking her.
Cat avatar
Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 04:07
Author: Warned
now thats a movie i would love to see corpse bonking and all!
ange1 avatar
Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 15:55
wow i never knew that was the story Selsley with snow white. Maybe she ate a cox's apple lol
Thalestris avatar
Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 17:35
Author: Turtle
Hi ange my dear friend and hi everybody, regarding the beauty and the beast, um, I must admit that I'lll stick to the French version made in 1946 by Jean Cocteau, the super old movie in black & white, no matter what, I just can't get that one out of my mind so..

And what's up in the world ? Well a bit of a quiet week. I did read a few interesting things, but they don't match ET new releases, so I'll save those for later. So it's just going to be a friendly post to wish you all a great week end really.

VfpGYnbl.jpg

The Alien: Covenant poster brings terror – and release date news

The first thing you notice about the Alien: Covenant poster that has just been put online via 20th Century Fox's Twitter feed is the slavering jaws of a xenomorph (or whatever version exists in the film). And then you might also notice that the image indicates a change for the film - it'll arrive in May next year, instead of August.

Alien: Covenant finds director Ridley Scott heading back to the Alien universe after Prometheus, and following a colony ship called the Covenant headed for a remote planet, a place that the crew initially thinks is an uncharted paradise but turns out to be dark and full of terrors. And the only inhabitant is synthetic life form David (Michael Fassbender), who claims to be the lone survivor of the Prometheus mission.

Katherine Waterston, Demián Bichir, Amy Seimetz, Carmen Ejogo, Callie Hernandez, Billy Crudup and Danny McBride make up the ship's crew, and it appears we'll catch up with Noomi Rapace's Dr. Elizabeth Shaw. Plus we'll be getting a double dose of Fassbender, as he's also playing another synthetic, this one named Walter.

Alien: Covenant, which was originally scheduled for 4 August, now seems scheduled for 19 May, which should be day and date both here and in the US. Can the trailer be far behind, given that altered release?

And while we're talking release dates, the studio has also announced dates for two untitled superhero movies, one for 2 November, 2018, and another on 14 February, 2019. Given Deadpool 2's recent hiring of director David Leitch, it's a fair bet it'll fill one of those slots (probably the 2018 slot). The other is more of a mystery for now, but possibly a new X-Men movie (even if it isn't the further adventures of Xavier and co.) Then there is a slot scheduled for 21 December, 2018 to be filled by an "untitled" film from James Cameron's Lightstorm Entertainment. With Cameron previously targeting Christmastime releases for the Avatar sequels, you have to think this means Avatar 2 finally has a new home. Wonder why they didn't bother to name it, unless JC has been quietly producing something else? Where would the man find the time?

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story Trailer "Trust" (2016)

Passengers Official 'Event' Trailer (2016) - Jennifer Lawrence Movie

Silence Official Trailer 1 (2017) - Andrew Garfield Movie

Allied Movie CLIP - Target Practice (2016) - Brad Pitt Movie

Rules Don't Apply Movie CLIP - Exception (2016) - Lily Collins Movie

Wishing you all a great week end, have fun, take care ! 8dOmi6C.gif

ange1 avatar
Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 21:28
Hi Thalestris my sweet friend :) well i can understand you wanting to stick with the French Beauty and the Beast, i have to check that out :) ooh and regarding The Alien Covenant i can't wait to see.... it looks awesome. Ridley Scott the director was born in a town not that far from me :) Have a wonderful weekend, hope its a nice relaxing one :)
Thalestris avatar
Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 18:10
ange1 wrote:
Hi Thalestris my sweet friend :) well i can understand you wanting to stick with the French Beauty and the Beast, i have to check that out :) ooh and regarding The Alien Covenant i can't wait to see.... it looks awesome. Ridley Scott the director was born in a town not that far from me :) Have a wonderful weekend, hope its a nice relaxing one :)

Hi ange , I hope that you had a great week ?! And oh I didn't know that Ridley Scott was born in the UK, silly me, I'm a huge fan, but I just can't remember those details. I always pictured the Scott brothers living in the US so... And hi everybody, an interesting week regarding news articles, but also a stressful one and rather depressing, between the wars, the global warming.. So it's probably better if I stick to the dreamy part here. It looks like that it's going to be Kate Mara's week end on ET so I'll post this interview of her. And horror movie fans, you're going to be thrilled, this week, it's all for you, lots of creepy trailers.. So here we go!

h7eBIS9l.jpg

Kate Mara: ‘If we were up for the same job, our agents wouldn't tell us’
She left her large, affluent family to become an actor in LA. Kate Mara became a star – but then her sister Rooney arrived. There’s no rivalry, or so she tells Sanjiv Bhattacharya.
( archive Sunday 14 August 2016)

When Kate Mara was 19 she skipped college – a place at the highly respected Tisch School of Performing Arts at New York University – and bought a dog, Bruno, a Boston Terrier with one blue eye. “I knew I would need the company,” she says. “Because where I was going, I knew literally no one.”

Rather than remain at home with her big Irish family in New York, she was headed to Los Angeles to be a star. Fourteen years later, we’re at the Broome Street General Store, a small coffee shop in Silverlake, to talk about her latest movie. But Mara’s is not a sentimental story – it’s about ambition. She was a painfully shy girl who loathed school and couldn’t bear the thought of college. “I look back and think, wow, that’s how ambitious I was,” she says. “I was prepared to go through all that. But I’m glad I did. It was worth it.”

Today, Mara and her arguably better-known actor sister Rooney are arm in arm on red carpets, A-listers both. But it was Kate, 33, the elder by two years, who first made the leap. Today, wearing a red sundress, she directs me to a shaded table outside. “I’m Irish,” she says. “I burn.” She doesn’t seem the carefree, sundress type – there’s a steeliness to her; precise and clear, with an almost clinical intelligence behind the eyes.

As Zoe Barnes in House of Cards, she shone as the ruthlessly ambitious political reporter who stops at nothing until Kevin Spacey shoves her in front of a train. This part has made her a global name. “I was just in London,” she explains, “and every time I took the tube, people would stare.” In last year’s Oscar contender The Martian, she was a computer expert in a crew of astronauts, a nerd among nerds. In Morgan, her latest project, she is excellently cast as Lee Weathers, an icy executive “from corporate” who has been sent to shut down an AI research project that has gone awry. The android (Morgan) has turned violent, and while the scientists who raised “her” (Toby Jones and Rose Leslie) insist that she ought to be given another chance, their heartfelt appeals bounce uselessly off Mara’s pinstriped trouser suit and heels. She’s so tough that, though it seems improbable at first, the petite Mara spends the last third of the movie in a series of brutal fight scenes, getting hurled through windows and suchlike.

“I got a lot of bruises,” she grins. “But it was fun. I think when you have a tense movie like this, and you spend all day in a dark house in life-and-death scenarios, you become delirious. We’d be crying with laughter at the most stupid things.”

In person, Mara is a good deal warmer than Weathers. When she learns that I, too, have a Boston Terrier, she coos over photos of the dog on my phone. She’s not a reclusive celebrity. They know her here at the general store; regulars come up to say hello, and she’s often seen walking her dogs with her boyfriend, the British actor Jamie Bell. “It’s really therapeutic,” she says.

It wasn’t fame that propelled Mara, unlike Bell, to a life of privilege – she was born that way. Her father and his siblings own the New York Giants (estimated worth $2.1bn), and her mother’s side of the family owns the Pittsburgh Steelers (estimated worth $1bn). With sister Rooney she is one of four siblings who enjoyed an idyllic upbringing of football and church and huge family gatherings – her father is one of 11, and there are 22 aunts and uncles in all. She tells me they grew up about an hour north of New York city, in a suburb called Bedford – not to be confused with Bedford-Stuyvesant, where Biggie Smalls grew up. “Haha! No, Martha Stewart lives in Bedford. It’s a bit different,” she says. “Mind you, she went to prison too…” Her greatest challenge growing up was remembering the name of the new baby at Thanksgiving. “There’s always a new baby in our family.”

When you have a tense movie like Morgan, you become delirious, crying with laughter at stupid things
When they were young, their mother would regularly take her two daughters to Broadway shows and the movies. At nine years old, Mara decided she would act. “Rooney was different,” she explains. “She explored other interests. Also, she was much better at school than me.”

She was successful even as a 14-year-old, with a bit part on Law & Order, one of the tried-and-tested stepping stones for an emerging actor. But she says she learned a valuable lesson as a teenager: that if one door closes, maybe it was meant to be, because another will surely open. “I was up for a part in The Sound of Music on Broadway, and I was completely devastated when I didn’t get it. It was like someone died. And my mum said, ‘It’s happening for a reason, just wait.’ And soon afterwards I got this part in Random Hearts, a Sydney Pollack movie, which was incredible.”

It stood her in good stead when she moved to LA with Bruno. Her fortunes turned slowly but surely – when she was 22 she got Brokeback Mountain, playing Heath Ledger’s daughter, a role that changed the course of her career. “At the audition, I didn’t understand what a big deal it was to read for Ang [Lee, the director], so there was less pressure,” she remembers. “But he was so gentle and quiet, it felt like he was rooting for me.” She likens Lee to David Fincher, whom she worked with on House of Cards. “They’re both very specific directors. Like, don’t blink so much, don’t raise your eyebrows… I crave that now, but making Brokeback Mountain, I didn’t understand. I just thought I was doing a terrible job and I was going to be fired!”

Doors started to open. Movies like Transsiberian and 127 Hours got her name ever closer to the poster, and then House of Cards changed everything. Fantastic Four, where she met Bell, followed but wasn’t all smooth sailing – widely panned, it garnered just 9% of positivity on rottentomatoes.com, a hub of movie criticism.

Meanwhile, the career of the other Mara – Rooney – was soaring. Twice nominated for an Oscar, she may have entered the business long after Kate, but she has arguably surpassed her in many ways. The rivalry narrative doesn’t wash. “I know conflict is more interesting,” says Mara, “but honestly, I just feel so grateful that we’re both living our dreams successfully and to be able to share that with someone you grew up with – it’s really special.”

So they’ve never been up for the same job? They are both the same height, they look somewhat similar… “We would be the last to know,” she says. “Our agents would never tell us. So I don’t think it’s happened. But maybe there are producers out there laughing, saying, ‘Haha, it happened yesterday and we hired your sister!’”

It’s not as though Kate’s phone isn’t ringing. These days, she’s preparing to shoot Chappaquiddick, playing the part of Mary Jo Kopechne, the girl who was found dead in Ted Kennedy’s car in a canal after a party in Martha’s Vineyard in 1969. “More politics after House of Cards,” she says. “But don’t ask me about actual politics. I hate what’s happening in this country.”

She is also producing her first movie, Mercy, with Ellen Page, about the death penalty. “I spend a lot of my time watching really depressing documentaries,” she says. “What confuses me is why the death penalty is considered the bigger punishment – I think being locked in a box for the rest of your life is worse.”

In fact, after this interview she might do some more grim capital punishment research. But there are so many other things to get to – it’s not all about work. A dedicated vegan, she is an outspoken animal welfare advocate, working principally with the Humane Society. Her current campaigns include trying to save chimps in Liberia, putting an end to the dogs of the horrific Yulin dog meat festival in China and protecting the marine life of SeaWorld. “Have you seen Blackfish?” she asks. “That movie destroyed me. I cried for weeks.”

And then there are her hobbies. Mara seldom finds a physical pursuit she doesn’t like. For now, she’s busy with ballet and boxing classes – she had to take them to prepare for Morgan, and now she can’t give up. But she’s also into ice skating. “I don’t want anyone to know!” she laughs. “I’m all about looking for the next thing to be good at. Like, I’d love to be a great tap dancer, too.”

That fierce ambition that brought her out to LA has mellowed. Some days, she’ll just work out, read a script and then go to dinner. “I don’t know if I’m getting much done, but I love it. When people ask, ‘Where do you want to be in 10 years?’ I just say that I hope I’m still acting. Oh and kids, sure. Kids are compulsory in my family, anyway.”

She shrugs and gestures to the street, the hills in the background. “I think what’s changed is that I’m home now. It took a while, but I feel like I belong here.”

The Mummy Official Trailer - Teaser (2017) - Tom Cruise Movie

The Belko Experiment Official Trailer 1 (2017) - John Gallagher Jr. Movie

Jackie Movie CLIP - You Wanna Be Famous (2016) - Natalie Portman Movie

Man Down Movie CLIP - Haircut (2016) - Shia LaBeouf Kate Mara Movie

OLD STONE Trailer | Festival 2016

The Autopsy of Jane Doe Official Trailer 2 (2016) - Emile Hirsch Movie

Incarnate Movie CLIP - Work With Me (2016) - Aaron Eckhart Movie

Eloise Official Trailer 1 (2016) - Chace Crawford Movie

Modus: Launch Trailer - BBC Four

Thalestris avatar
Posted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 18:21
Good Evening Everyone , a little mise-en-bouche as we say in French before tomorrow's post. Because we certainly don't want to miss an opportunity to smile a little these days and wishing you all a great Thursday !

Baywatch Official Trailer - Teaser (2017) - Dwayne Johnson Movie

ange1 avatar
Posted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 22:41
Hi Thalestris, thank you for the trailer :) sorry seems i can't view them again lol but checking on you tube. Does seems interesting to watch :) Well with Dwayne it will be lol

Oooh and thought i would post the new Guardians of The Galaxy 2 :) not sure if you already have lol

Wishing you and all a great Friday :)

Thalestris avatar
Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 18:30
Hi my dear friend, um you still have issues with the you tube videos.. I guess that you have adobe flash player ? I had those same issues as you probably remember and I've switched on that thing in my browser regarding ET and since then , all the you tube videos pop up just fine. And thank you for posting that new trailer , I haven't seen it yet ! 8dOmi6C.gif

And this week, well, it was actually a very strange week here in France, between the air pollution and the bird flu, I've been thinking that I should probably ask for a gas mask as a Christmas present if I want to stay alive in 2017. Q5PtP68t.png

Anyway I hope that you all had a good week !? And it looks like it's going to be a romantic week end on ET so it seems appropriate to post that portrait of my crush of the week then ! Michael Fassbender Aaaah that voice !!! And i've added one cartoon and plenty of new movie trailers and clips so let's go !

vhj9uexl.jpg

Michael Fassbender: ‘I was a bit of a worrywart. I’ve tried to work on that’

He does raw and repressed better than anyone, but off-screen the actor is learning how to relax. He talks old friends, forgiveness and on-screen nudity

He is either one of the world’s most well-adjusted human beings, or the most brilliant liar. “I can lie pretty easily to journalists,” he tells me, and he says he’s good at it. “I have to be.” But as this is the policy a well-adjusted movie star might adopt, talking about it only reinforces the impression of someone unusually at peace with himself.

Fassbender came to fame playing men who are decidedly not at peace with themselves. In 2008, he starred in Steve McQueen’s debut film, Hunger, as the Republican prisoner Bobby Sands on hunger strike. McQueen then cast him as a sex addict in Shame, followed by a sadistic plantation owner in 12 Years A Slave. Fassbender has appeared in Fish Tank and Inglourious Basterds, played Carl Jung in A Dangerous Method, Mr Rochester in Jane Eyre and Steve Jobs in the eponymous biopic, as well as the mutant antihero Magneto in the X-Men franchise, and Macbeth. Once dubbed “Britain’s Brando”, he brings to every part an intensity of commitment that makes audiences feel they are not watching a performance, but spying on a man’s rawest private self. This sense of intrusion is both electrifying and unsettling; it can feel almost indecent.

Twice nominated for an Oscar, the 39-year-old stars in three new films between now and January alone, one of which he also produced. And all this with barely a misstep (he opted not even to watch the 2010 flop Jonah Hex), nor gossip column indiscretion. It is about as flawless a movie star career as would be possible to perfect. “Jesus, I know!” he agrees. “I know, I know. It’s nuts. It’s been pretty incredible.” There is no actor alive, he says, with whom he would want to swap places. “But then, you know – and this is dead true – I’ve never wanted to swap places with anyone.”

What is your own moral compass? You've got to stay true to that, regardless of what your loved one's compass is
Fassbender has made 10 films back to back since 12 Years A Slave, and must be exhausted, but you wouldn’t guess it. In fact, I’m not sure I would have recognised him. He’s wearing board shorts when we meet in a Soho hotel, having been to the gym that morning, and his face is covered in a careless fuzz of gingery hair. I hadn’t expected his accent to have survived 20 years in London, nor so many roles demanding different nationalities, but he still sounds unmistakably Irish. He has that actorly alchemy which makes his face look quite different in every film, so it’s a surprise to find that in real life he looks like Sharon’s brother Fergal in Channel 4’s Catastrophe.

We are about to see him in a stunning film adaptation of the 2012 novel, The Light Between Oceans, set on a remote island off Western Australia shortly after the first world war. Fassbender plays Tom, a taciturn veteran who takes a job as a lighthouse keeper, soothed by the isolation until he falls in love with a vivacious young woman from the mainland, Isabel, and marries her. The couple are torn apart by two successive miscarriages, and when a rowing boat washes up containing a dead young man and a crying baby girl, Isabel implores Tom to let her keep her. Against every instinct, he agrees and they pass the baby off as their own. “What I liked about it is, it’s a film about decent people,” Fassbender says. “You know, it’s not, ‘Here’s the baddie, here’s the goodie.’ That’s the great thing about the story. It’s not like you think, ‘What were they thinking? They were out of their minds.’”

Tom is certainly nothing like the deviants and abusers Fassbender has played, so I’m curious to know how closely he identified with the part. “When I read it, I thought, ‘God, this is such a good man.’ He’s from another generation, he doesn’t talk a lot, his loyalty is fierce and his principles are as well. I would like to think that I would do the same as him.”

In the film, Tom delivers the anguished line, “We have to do what’s right”, even when that means hurting people you love. “I think you have to be true to yourself in life,” Fassbender says. “What is your own moral compass? You’ve got to stay true to that, regardless of what your loved one’s compass is, because we’re all individuals. You can co-exist with somebody and love somebody, but I think if we’re honest with ourselves, we know what our make up is, and what sits well with us and what doesn’t.”

Fassbender dries up when I ask about the biggest moral dilemma he has ever faced himself. “Oh shit.” He falls silent for 10 seconds. “I don’t know. There are so many, I guess. Let me think about it.” He pauses again. “What’s yours? Then maybe I’ll get an idea.”

He does this a lot, turning a question back to me or throwing out one of his own. It’s a very likable quality in a person, but not ideal in an interviewee, and he deploys the device to deflect attention from anything he’d rather not say. I offer up a number of my own moral challenges, hoping for the best, but when it’s his turn he offers an apologetic grin. “I’m so guarded. I feel a little uncomfortable. I’m not going to say.”

The film’s other great theme is forgiveness. Fassbender feels less confident now than he thought he did about where he stands on forgiveness. “Well, it’s the only way forward, I do believe that. For the person that is forgiving, for sure, more than the person that needs forgiveness. There’s a great line in the film about it: you only have to forgive once and it’s done; but if you don’t, you have to carry on and on resenting.”

He pauses. “But I was thinking about this, this morning. I ended up watching one of those videos online, I don’t know how I got on to it, but it was five girls beating up this girl – teenagers – and I thought, oh God, it’s so brutal. And then it led to another video of this 15-year-old girl in McDonald’s in New York being kicked to the ground. They were stomping on her head and they pulled out her hair extensions. There was a group of five or six of them. I thought, ‘God, if I was that girl’s parent, I don’t know if I could forgive that.’ Because I was watching it myself, not as a parent, and I thought, God, those girls are vile.”

When Fassbender was a teenager, he used to let everything get to him. “I was a bit of a worrywart. I would just sit worrying.” About? “Anything.” Aids? Nuclear war? “Oh yes.” Getting someone pregnant? “Exactly, yes.” Failing exams? “Absolutely. And pimples. I had a lot of pimples. So yes, and then I’d be sitting there going, ‘I’m not worrying about anything – what should I be worrying about?’” He laughs and shakes his head.

“But I’ve tried to work on not doing that. I don’t worry about things I can’t control. I don’t spend much time looking back, because I think it’s pointless. There are mistakes that have been made, perhaps, but mainly it’s just experiences. Things that gnaw at you, that you have no control to change, are pointless. And if you’re not careful, you can start almost to enjoy that self-obsessive martyrdom and self-loathing. Things can become patterns that become comfortable, because they become habitual. I learned that sort of stuff doing Shame – how patterns become safety blankets, even if they’re fucking killing you.”

The only residual trace of resentment I glimpse comes when I ask how he felt about finding himself sexually objectified, after Shame was released. The film featured an awful lot more full-frontal nudity from Fassbender than audiences are accustomed to seeing from a male lead, and caused something of a sensation.

“Well, I guess at times I was like, ‘Well, you know there’s so much more to the film than me with my cock out.’ One journalist kicked things off saying, ‘So what’s it like to have a big cock?’ That was the first thing she said to me. And then she said that I was flirting with her in the interview. Total bullshit, you know. The whole interview was so wrong.” He looks properly offended, then shrugs.

“But again, you know, it sells more to paint that picture of me than of a guy who wasn’t interested and was nonsexual towards her. So I get all that. I suppose I took myself more seriously back then. My mum always says, whenever we’re watching a film, ‘Oh here we go again. The women are always naked, and the guy is always covered up.’” He smiles. “So I was like, this one’s for you, Mum.”

Fassbender’s parents weren’t thrilled when he announced he wanted to be an actor. He was born in Heidelberg in 1977 – his father is German, hence the name – but when he was two, the family moved to County Kerry, where they opened a restaurant. At 16, Fassbender began working alongside them, and took up acting in his spare time.

I was so lucky. I thought, I’ll just keep knocking on the door – and when the opportunity comes, I’m going to take it
“They wanted me to go to university, because they were of that generation when anybody who went to university had security and got a good job.” Fassbender’s sister took a degree and became a neuropsychologist, but he knew academia wasn’t for him, and he told his parents he wanted to act. “They said, ‘Go to university first’, and I was like, ‘No, I’m not going to waste time and money, I need to do this now.’” The argument continued until, at 17, he directed his own stage production of Reservoir Dogs. “They saw me put on that play and they thought, ‘Shit, he’s serious.’ When they saw that I’d made up my mind, they knew that’s what I was going to do, and I have to say they supported me immediately after that.”

Success appeared miraculously effortless at first. He won a place at drama school in London, and before even graduating had landed an agent and a part in Steven Spielberg’s TV mini-series Band Of Brothers. And then... nothing. After two years in Los Angeles, Fassbender had clocked up a grand total of six weeks’ work, and returned to London, where long periods of bartending were relieved by the occasional part in Holby or a TV commercial. Reluctantly, he was forced to have “a conversation with myself where I said, what else can I do?” Opening a restaurant was the best he could come up with, and “it wasn’t something I wanted to do”. But despite all this, he says the years of unemployment were “fine, really. There are a lot of good actors who are still in that position at 40. Bundles of them. I was so fucking lucky. I thought, I’ll just keep knocking on the door – and when the opportunity comes, I’m going to take it.”

The opportunity came with Hunger. Under McQueen’s direction, Fassbender established his reputation as an unusually intelligent actor, but protests, “I’m definitely not in the intelligent bracket. I mean, I was never academically smart. I don’t really consider myself intelligent. I just have a good – if I have, I don’t know – intuition. I’m a very intuitive person, and I guess I think very simply.”

I ask him to explain. “Well, I just think, ‘Oh, the character might do something like that because he has an inferiority complex, so therefore he’s sadistic towards somebody else’, or whatever. That’s a very crude example, but I just keep things very simple. If I can make them logical to myself, then I apply them, and that’s really it. But there are a lot of very intelligent actors out there, I would say. I just think maybe what comes across as unintelligent is, we end up talking about ourselves an awful lot. And that’s sort of boring and unintelligent and uninteresting. That is the danger of the job, because it’s a lot of thinking about a character, and thinking about yourself, and so one can fall into that trap pretty quickly.”

It’s certainly true that journalists don’t ask plumbers to talk them through how they repair a boiler. “No. And they don’t say to plumbers, ‘Oh, it must have been very difficult work.’ And yet people are out there working long hours every day.”

If Fassbender was hoping to disprove his intelligence, this doesn’t really swing it. It only leaves me even more puzzled by the appeal, for him, of blockbuster roles in action movies such as X-Men. Why would someone who can lead a film such as The Light Between Oceans want to play a comic book mutant? He seems to confirm what I’d always assumed: that if there was another way to secure A-list box office status and earnings without them, he would, when he replies, looking faintly uneasy, “Well, you work according to the landscape in front of you.”

Then he gathers his thoughts and says all the nice regulation stuff about how much fun it was making X-Men – “Oh, and Prometheus was a blast” – and what great friends he made with his co-stars. “What’s exciting about the big films is that you have so many people – you can have 300 crew members on set – who all have to integrate to make something at the end. That’s satisfying. They’re hard to make, the big ones. They might look like easy ventures when people see them and go, ‘Oh God, this is another of these action-packed, bish-bosh, blockbuster-type things.’ But they’re bloody hard to make.” The only bit that rings completely true, however, is the pleasure he describes in travelling all over the world and meeting people touched and excited by those movies. “That’s cinema at its best.”

The proceeds of X-Men have allowed Fassbender to set up his own production company, DMC Film, fulfilling the ambition he has harboured ever since his Reservoir Dogs debut at 17 to become a producer. He appears in Trespass Against Us this autumn, co-produced by DMC, and the production company’s first major film, Assassin’s Creed, will be released on 1 January, starring Fassbender opposite Marion Cotillard, his Macbeth co-star. Only eight years ago, he couldn’t even land a part; what does he still long for, beyond his reach? “I’d like to try and direct,” he says softly. “We’ll see, you know. I hate to say it and then for it never to happen. But I’d like to try and do that.”

What he really needs, he admits, is a break. He claims to be “very good at doing nothing”, and got rid of his TV 10 years ago because “I end up watching shit – I’ll be watching the God channel at one in the morning. I could watch anything, so I thought I’d just get rid of it.” He is still in the same Hackney flat he bought 10 years ago, but wants to move, and is toying with the idea of moving to the countryside. He took up surfing four years ago, and spends any free time he gets on the water, but doesn’t fancy moving to LA because it’s too much of an “industry town”. He thinks about San Francisco, and Austin or New Orleans. “But I like Europe, you know. I really do enjoy Europe.”

By the time he has located himself across two potential continents, it’s clear that his vagueness has more to do with privacy than indecision; he doesn’t even want to say where he goes surfing. He maintains that fame hasn’t changed his life terribly; he’s still close to the mates he grew up with, and has made several more Irish friends in London. But it’s interesting that he says he “streamlined” his friendship circle at 30, the year before Hunger’s release; I’d guess he knew his status was about to change.

He has “a few” celebrity friends, but they wouldn’t be in his top five. “I always think if you’ve got five friends that you can definitely depend on, that’s a lot, and I definitely have that.” He can walk out of the hotel without strangers screaming at him. “And I walk around the streets. Sometimes I get the bus.”

He sounds so convincing that I’m ready to believe in this remarkably ordinary, anonymous London life until I ask how often he gets approached. “It depends if I’m stopping still. Give me a distance: where am I walking to?” Imagine walking out of the hotel, I suggest, stopping in a newsagent on his way through Soho, and walking on. But before I’ve even got him to Oxford Circus, a distance of less than a mile, he says, “OK, I would have been stopped three or four times.” That’s a lot! He looks embarrassed, and quickly tries to backtrack – “But, but there could be nothing” – as if worried it sounded like he was showing off.

One of the ways he has maintained some privacy is by keeping his romantic relationships away from the cameras. In the past he has been linked to actors Zoë Kravitz and Nicole Beharie, but he will have a job remaining under the radar now that he is going out with Alicia Vikander, his Swedish co-star in The Light Between Oceans. They make a luminous on-screen couple, and he concedes awkwardly that “I suppose it translates, yes. Obviously chemistry is something that is tangible.” Their relationship maybe made the sex scenes slightly less uncomfortable, he agrees, but with every syllable he is withdrawing farther into himself. If the gossip columns are hoping for the next Brangelina, they will be disappointed.

It’s no easy trick to sustain an impression of casual normality while guarding one’s privacy so closely. I suspect the easy classlessness of being Irish helps, and he agrees at once. “I definitely still consider myself Irish. Yes, yes. And I’m definitely European.” After 20 years in London, does any part of him feel British? “I would never consider myself British,” he says firmly. Does he mind being claimed by our media for a Brit? He laughs. “Well, they only do it if I’m doing well. If I’m not, I’m Irish.”

CxNTwvXl.jpg

ALEPPO: A HUGE STEP.. SWAHA

Assassin’s Creed Official International Trailer 1 (2017) - Michael Fassbender Movie

War for the Planet of the Apes Official Trailer 1 (2017) - Andy Serkis Movie

Spider-Man: Homecoming International Trailer #1 (2017) | Movieclips Trailers

Office Christmas Party Movie CLIP - Tap Out (2016) - Jennifer Aniston Movie

Frank & Lola Official Trailer 1 (2016) - Michael Shannon Movie

Miss Sloane Movie CLIP - I Don't Remember You Caring (2016) - Jessica Chastain Movie

Abattoir Official Trailer 1 (2016) - Horror Movie

ange1 avatar
Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 22:09
Hi my dear friend, yes sorry i have tried everything and still no avail with the videos :( very strange sometimes they show :( LRS told me also to try updating my Flash player and it is updated already, it is indeed strange but thank you for your help :)

ooh and will check out the trailers, thank you and your most welcome for the trailer i loved the first movie and the sequel does look interesting :)

Wishing you and all a wonderful weekend :)
Thalestris avatar
Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 18:01
Hi ange, well I hope that you'll be able to fix those You tube issues soon. And hi everybody ! So what's up in the world um ? I mean, we all know what's happening here, but we are all going to pretend that it's a normal Christmas, even if it's not. And you're going to tell me, but there has been always some war somewhere anyway, yeah true, yeah well, I'm still hoping that we're going to change, but we won't, because human beings are territorial animals. So don't ask me why, but I thought that it was interesting to post this article today, because after all, we are all apes. And you'll find the movie trailers afterwards as usual. So here we go !

c0MPRAnl.jpg

Stepping back 3.6m years: footprints yield new clues to humans’ ancestors

Tracks found by accident on proposed museum site in Tanzania were preserved in volcanic ash dampened by ancient African rains

The footprints of five ancestors of humans who walked the Earth more than 3.6m years ago have been found preserved in volcanic ash that was dampened by ancient African rains. Researchers unearthed the tracks by accident when they began to excavate test pits that had been called for as part of an assessment of the impact of building a proposed museum on the site in Tanzania.

The markings reveal that the ancient human relatives walked side by side for at least 30 metres. The footprints were laid down in a layer of ash that was subsequently buried, but which when moistened retained the tracks like clay.

A first analysis of the footprints suggests that they were made when a male, three females and a child passed through what is now Laetoli in the African country. The individuals almost certainly belong to a species of hairy bipedal ape called Australopithecus afarensis which is known to have lived in the region.

The most famous member of the species, known as Lucy, lived in the Hadar area of Ethiopia 3.2m years ago. A mere 1.1 metre tall, she was tiny in comparison to those who left their marks in Tanzania. The male stood more than half a metre taller, at 165cm (5ft 5in), making him the largest Australopithecus yet recorded. His impressive stature – for his species – led researchers to nickname him Chewie after the towering hairy Wookiee in Star Wars.

Marco Cherin, a palaeontologist at the University of Perugia in Italy, helped to excavate the tracks after the first prints were discovered by a team in Tanzania. “When we reached the footprint layer and started to clean it with a soft brush and saw the footprints for the first time, it was really one of the most exciting times of my life,” he said.

Having uncovered the footprints and measured them, the scientists used a number of mathematical models to calculate the heights of the different individuals. If the scientists are right that the group consisted of a tall male with three adult females and a child, it would bolster the theory that Australopithecus afarensis was polygynous, meaning that, like gorillas, males would have had several female partners at once. The adult females stood about 140cm tall.

Measurements of the length and width of the footprints, the angle of the gait and the stride lengths allowed the scientists to calculate rough weights for the five. The tall male came in at the heaviest, weighing 48.1kg, with the lightest only 28.5kg.

The layer of ash that preserved the tracks has been dated to 3.66m years old, the same age as a similar sequence of hominin, or human ancestor, footprints found nearby by famed palaeontologist Mary Leakey in the 1970s.

“These footprints enrich our knowledge about the most ancient hominin footprints in the world,” Cherin told the Guardian. “But they tell us something about the makers too, in this case that we think there were significant differences between the males and females. This is the most striking thing.”

“A tentative conclusion is that the group consisted of one male, two or three females, and one or two juveniles, which leads us to believe that the male – and therefore other males in the species – had more than one female mate,” Cherin added. Details of the tracks are published in the journal, eLife.

Researchers now want to return to the site to dig a trench that links the excavation pits and then work outwards, in the hope of revealing more tracks. “We are pretty sure that at least one more individual is waiting for us, and possibly more. Our goal is to discover new individuals,” Cherin said.

Giorgio Manzi, director of the archaeological project in Tanzania, said the evidence portrayed several human ancestors moving through the landscape after a volcanic eruption that was followed by rain. “The footprints of one of the new individuals are astonishingly larger than anyone else’s in the group, suggesting that he was a large male member of the species. In fact, the 165cm stature indicated by his footprints makes him the largest Australopithecus specimen identified to date.” In being so short, it seems that Lucy was an outlier.

Earlier this year, scientists at the University of Texas in Austin declared that Lucy might have died after falling out of a tree. John Kappelman, an anthropologist, conducted a fresh analysis of the bones and concluded that a number of cracks matched the traumatic fractures seen in humans that suffer serious injuries from high falls. But the suggestion was met with scepticism by many researchers, who pointed out that a lot can happen to a skeleton in 3.2m years. Lucy’s body might have been crushed by stampeding animals, for example, before her bones were covered in sediment and encased in rock.

Last month, the same team sought to boost their argument with a study that found that Lucy’s arms were heavily built, implying she was an accomplished tree climber – though not accomplished enough, it seems, to have prevented her falling to her death.

William Jungers of Stony Brook University in New York said: “To judge by the profound scientific impact of the first set of Laetoli footprints, we can expect the new ones to figure prominently in future narratives of the origins of humans. They will likely stimulate new research and debate for years to come.”

Dunkirk Official Trailer 1 (2017) - Tom Hardy Cillian Murphy Movie

Alone in Berlin Official Trailer 1 (2017) - Brendan Gleeson Movie

The Daughter Official Trailer 1 (2017) - Paul Schneider Movie

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story Movie CLIP - Chance of Failure (2016) - Movie

The Last Word Official Trailer 1 (2017) - Amanda Seyfried Movie

La La Land Movie CLIP - City of Stars (2016) - Ryan Gosling Movie

Despicable Me 3 Trailer #1 (2017)

SNATCHED | Official Red Band Trailer #1 (2017) Ike Barinholtz, Amy Schumer Comedy

A Kind of Murder Movie CLIP - Party (2016) - Patrick Wilson

Unforgettable Official Trailer 1 (2017) - Katherine Heigl

Wishing you all a great week end, have fun, take care, stay safe! 8dOmi6C.gif
ange1 avatar
Posted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 21:54
Good evening Thalestris, thank you for your amazing posts as always :) Sorry i still cant view them :( but i shall keep trying to see if i can figure a way to see the You Tube Trailers you keep me post with.... I can't wait to see the movie Dunkirk, i have seen the trailer and it looks very good.... Wish you a wonderful weekend my dear friend :)
jazzykat avatar
Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 16:08
Author: Site FriendET loverKittyGirlSun
Thanks Thalestris for posting all the new movie trailers
It looks like some good movies to look forward too in the new year

thgreenstars.gif
Thalestris avatar
Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 17:50
Ange & Jazzy, my favorite lady pirates and friends Good Evening !! And Good Evening to all Etians !!! I normally wait till Friday these days to post the movie trailers , but this one can't wait... HoooowwhhhoooooOO I look forward to seeing that movie in 2017 ! Wishing you all a great start of the week !!

Blade Runner 2049 Official Trailer - Teaser (2017) - Harrison Ford Movie

[Prev]  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 46, 47  [Next]
Page 42 of 47   [ 691 posts ]

Forum Search

search in post message
  search in topic subject
Forum

Home - Browse Torrents - Upload Torrent - Stat - Forum - FAQ - Login
ExtraTorrent.cc is in compliance with copyrights
Can't load ExtraTorrent? Try our official mirrors: etmirror.com - etproxy.com - extratorrentonline.com - extratorrentlive.com
2006-2017 ExtraTorrent.cc4