View Torrent Info: Underworld - Blood.Wars.2016.BluRay.720p.DTS.AC3.x264-ETRG
View Torrent Info: Cars.2006.720p.BluRay.x264.AAC-ETRG
View Torrent Info: Sing.2016.BluRay.720p.DTS.AC3.x264-ETRG
Hot torrents
BluRay, 4k UHD
View Torrent Info: Vengeance A Love Story 2017 BluRay 1080p x264 DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Monster.Trucks.2016.1080p.BluRay.x264-DRONES[EtHD]
View Torrent Info: Hidden Figures 2016 Multi 1080p BluRay x264 DTSHD 7.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Passengers 2016 Multi UHD BluRay 2160p HEVC HDR10 DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
Hot torrents
Television
View Torrent Info: Arrow.S05E18.HDTV.x264-LOL[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Survivor.S34E04.HDTV.x264-CROOKS[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Blindspot.S02E17.HDTV.x264-LOL[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Designated.Survivor.S01E14.HDTV.x264-LOL[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Happy New Year 2014 HQ 1080p BluRay x264 DTSHD 5.1 ESub -DDR
View Torrent Info: Hidden Figures 2016 1080p HDLight Urdu DDS 5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Ambuli (2012) x264 720p HDRiP {Dual Audio} [Hindi ORG DD 2.0   Telugu 2.0] Exclusive By DREDD
View Torrent Info: Running Shaadi (2017) DVDRIP 1CDRIP x264 AAC ESub [DDR]
30s
Chat
To add new messages please Login or Register for FREE
Warning! Use a VPN When Downloading Torrents!
Your IP Address is 54.161.161.92.   Location is United States
Your Internet Provider and Government can track your torrent activity!  Hide your IP ADDRESS with a VPN!
ExtraTorrent strongly recommends using Trust.Zone VPN to anonymize your torrenting. It's FREE!
Get VPN Now for FREE!

MKV Files

Post a Reply    Subscribe to Topic    
1, 2  [Next]
Page 1 of 2   [ 26 posts ]
AuthorMessage
andyjem avatar
Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 17:07
Author:
Hi Guys
There seem to be more MKV files being uploaded. Is there a reason. as they are difficult to play.
Faithwyn avatar
Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 19:06
Author: Trusted UploaderSite FriendET junkieET loverGirlSunTurtle
High quality, small file size, ability to have embedded chapters & subtitles. It's a Win-Win thing!

If a .mkv file won't play for you, it's most likely not the file.
In most cases it's a outdated inferior player being used.
VLC plays pretty much any format, it's free, and updated often.
Of course it's been years since I've seen a player that WON'T play
.mkv files.
andyjem avatar
Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 19:24
Author:
Hi thanks for your reply. I have always used VLC player. But most downloads have been MP4.
MKVs after downloading play but without the voice track all the music and background effect are fine. So any ideas.
mickjapa108 avatar
Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 19:37
Author: Trusted UploaderSite FriendET loverSuperman
Hi
I have a Logitech sound system & I have to change Efect button to 5-1 setting or movie, or same happens to me

just a thought, that's with VLC

Pranaams.
Faithwyn avatar
Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 21:06
Weather .avi .mp4 .mkv , in the most basic film uploaded there is a
Video stream & a Audio stream. Voice & sound effects are not on separate tracks. In the case of added languages, commentary, isolated scores, there may be more audio streams. Unless the encoder saw fit to isolate the audio and change the mix there is no reason for there to be NO voices.
I have watched store bought disks with VERY bad audio, it seems they think we want to hear all the Action very.. very loud..LOL.
Have a look at your Audio settings like the last poster mentioned.
Paste a example of a Torrent that gives you this trouble.
Ask the encoder in the comments area.
No avatar
Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 02:20
Author:
What's not to love? What's not to love?!? How about the fact that Samsung TV's won't play MKV files, and we have to spend hours converting MKV files to the damned MP4 files we're asking for here.

The original question was, why aren't titles being offered in MP4 format anymore. Extolling the virtues (false virtues at that) of MKV files doesn't in any way answer the question.

For some of us, it's not that we prefer MP4, it's that we can't use anything else. So, when you guys get the idea to respond, telling me to use something else, try to understand that I'm not about to buy a new TV, just because you don't want to offer MP4's anymore. Ever heard the old saying, if it ain't broke, don't fix it? Why drop MP4 in favour of something that doesn't work for a lot of people?
ozi avatar
Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 02:34
Author: SuperAdmin
asok_the_defiler wrote:
What's not to love? What's not to love?!? How about the fact that Samsung TV's won't play MKV files, and we have to spend hours converting MKV files to the damned MP4 files we're asking for here.

The original question was, why aren't titles being offered in MP4 format anymore. Extolling the virtues (false virtues at that) of MKV files doesn't in any way answer the question.

For some of us, it's not that we prefer MP4, it's that we can't use anything else. So, when you guys get the idea to respond, telling me to use something else, try to understand that I'm not about to buy a new TV, just because you don't want to offer MP4's anymore. Ever heard the old saying, if it ain't broke, don't fix it? Why drop MP4 in favour of something that doesn't work for a lot of people?

so i take all the fuss is about tv shows being in mkv right?
if thats the case you dont need hours of encoding you need is 1 minute to read
http://extratorrent.cc/torrent/4835260/Marvels.Agents.of.S.H.I.E.L.D.S03E16.HDTV.x264-KILLERS%5Bettv%5D.html

my samsung tv is almost 6 years old and plays mkv's same as my LG and 4 other cheap branded garbage tv's
Faithwyn avatar
Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 02:40
The Original poster never mentioned MP4 files.
My Samsung TV doesn't "PLAY" anything, we have DVD players,
Computers, or even VHS players for that. My "TV" simply displays
whatever I feed into it. Blaming the Encoders for your own lack
of knowledge will only keep you forever in ignorance.
Kinda like getting mad at the Music industry for not releasing
the latest Albums on cassette!

MP4 Pros:
Good video quality, through not as good as MKV;Supported by almost all OS, players & mobile devices;Commonly used for sharing video files online.

MKV Pros:
Supports H.264/AVC which is needed for efficient HD content playback. This makes MKV the preferred format for HD videos and Blu-ray rips.

Panerai avatar
Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 02:50
Author: Site FriendET junkieET loverKittySunTurtle
Faithwyn wrote:
The Original poster never mentioned MP4 files.
My Samsung TV doesn't "PLAY" anything, we have DVD players,
Computers, or even VHS players for that. My "TV" simply displays
whatever I feed into it. Blaming the Encoders for your own lack
of knowledge will only keep you forever in ignorance.
Kinda like getting mad at the Music industry for not releasing
the latest Albums on cassette! LOL

Those bastards...
No avatar
Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 02:59
Author:
Uh no. Do a simple Google search for Samsung Smart TV's and MKV files and have a look at the hoops one has to go through to get them to work...sometimes.

I use Plex, for my own reasons, but it doesn't matter what application I use to stream to the TV, Samsung TV's have A LOT of problems dealing with MKV files. So, I could spend hours upon hours remixing, transcoding, and fixing MKV files, and some of them might work, eventually. Or I could migrate my entire library to a whole new streaming app (of which there are few that are compatible with my TV) that MIGHT work. Or ExtraTorrent could continue to offer MP4 and AVI files that work every time without any headaches at all.

I gotta tell you, I really don't get why you all think it so unreasonable that we want options besides MKV, when it's common knowledge that they're difficult to work with. MP4\s and AVI's work everywhere, with everything. MKV's simply do not, despite whatever advantage you think they offer.

Again, don't fix what ain't broke. You've been offering these file formats for years, why would it be a problem to continue to do so?
ozi avatar
Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 03:04
asok_the_defiler wrote:
Uh no. Do a simple Google search for Samsung Smart TV's and MKV files and have a look at the hoops one has to go through to get them to work...sometimes.

I use Plex, for my own reasons, but it doesn't matter what application I use to stream to the TV, Samsung TV's have A LOT of problems dealing with MKV files. So, I could spend hours upon hours remixing, transcoding, and fixing MKV files, and some of them might work, eventually. Or I could migrate my entire library to a whole new streaming app (of which there are few that are compatible with my TV) that MIGHT work. Or ExtraTorrent could continue to offer MP4 and AVI files that work every time without any headaches at all.

I gotta tell you, I really don't get why you all think it so unreasonable that we want options besides MKV, when it's common knowledge that they're difficult to work with. MP4\s and AVI's work everywhere, with everything. MKV's simply do not, despite whatever advantage you think they offer.

Again, don't fix what ain't broke. You've been offering these file formats for years, why would it be a problem to continue to do so?

well use the solution thats been offered instead of waiting for people to offer you options fact is no one has to offer you anything you get it for free put in a little effort yourself
No avatar
Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 03:08
Author:

ozi wrote:
well use the solution thats been offered instead of waiting for people to offer you options fact is no one has to offer you anything you get it for free put in a little effort yourself

What solution are you referring to? VLC?

Or, no longer supporting ExtraTorrent?

ozi avatar
Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 03:11
asok_the_defiler wrote:

ozi wrote:

do you even know what your posting?
do you even know how to read?
if so read my original quote

here let me make it easy for you open the link below
http://extratorrent.cc/torrent/4835260/Marvels.Agents.of.S.H.I.E.L.D.S03E16.HDTV.x264-KILLERS%5Bettv%5D.html

look for were it says PLEASE READ
and look for a link that offers you fast mkv to mp4
Faithwyn avatar
Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 03:11
I'm not about to sacrifice video & audio quality just to appeal
to the lowest common denominator and yet there are still some encoders
releasing .avi files. I would be willing to bet that most folk still having issues with .MKV after all these years are trying to watch using
a portable device and we all know that Microsoft, Apple & Google don't
want us doing that! I seem to remember going through all this nonsense
with .divx!... those were the days! 700mb file limits & aXXo was a God!
Faithwyn avatar
Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 03:15
asok_the_defiler wrote:

ozi wrote:

How do you support E.T.?
I see 0 uploads & 1 comment (a complaint)
1, 2  [Next]
Page 1 of 2   [ 26 posts ]

Post a Reply    

Forum Search

search in post message
  search in topic subject
Forum

Home - Browse Torrents - Upload Torrent - Stat - Forum - FAQ - Login
ExtraTorrent.cc is in compliance with copyrights
BitCoin: 12DiyqsWhENahDzdhdYsRrCw8FPQVcCkcm
Can't load ExtraTorrent? Try our official mirrors: etmirror.com - etproxy.com - extratorrentonline.com - extratorrentlive.com
2006-2017 ExtraTorrent.cc6