Hot torrents
XVID DIVX
View Torrent Info: The.Legend.of.Ben.Hall.2016.BRRip.XViD.AC3-ETRG
View Torrent Info: Cyborg.X.2016.BRRip.XViD-ETRG
View Torrent Info: The.Amityville.Horror.2005.BRRip.XViD-ETRG
View Torrent Info: Only for One Night.2016.HDRip.XviD.AC3-EVO
Hot torrents
H264 X264
View Torrent Info: The.Legend.of.Ben.Hall.2016.720p.BluRay.x264-ENCOUNTERS[EtHD]
View Torrent Info: Heat (1995) 720p BluRay x264 AC3 Soup
View Torrent Info: Wanted (2008) 720p BluRay x264 DTS Soup
View Torrent Info: Get.Out.2017.720p.HC.HDRip.XviD.AC3-EVO[EtHD]
Hot torrents
BluRay, 4k UHD
View Torrent Info: Mine 2017 Bluray 1080p x264 DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: All.We.Had.2016.Multi.1080p.Blu-ray.x264.DTS-HD.5.1-DDR
View Torrent Info: Paterson 2016 Multi BLURAY 1080p x264 DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Rings.2017.Multi.BluRay.1080p.x264.DTS-HD.MA.7.1-DDR
Hot torrents
Television
View Torrent Info: Gotham.S03E15.REPACK.HDTV.x264-KILLERS[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Outcast.S02E04.HDTV.x264-MTB[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Taken.2017.S01E09.HDTV.x264-KILLERS[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Quantico.S02E19.HDTV.x264-KILLERS[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Winner (2017) - 1080p - WEBRip - x264 - AC3 - ESub - [DDR]
View Torrent Info: [18 ] The Assignment (1997) UNRATED 720p WEBRip x264 Eng Subs [Dual Audio] [Hindi 2.0 - English 5.1] Exclusive By -=!Dr.STAR!=-
View Torrent Info: House (1985) x264 720p UNCUT BluRay Eng Subs {Dual Audio} [Hindi ORG DD 2.0   English 5.1] Exclusive By DREDD
View Torrent Info: Thoppil Joppan (2016) Bluray 1080p x264 TrueHD 5.1-DDR
30s
Chat
To add new messages please Login or Register for FREE
Warning! Protect Yourself from Lawsuits and Fines!
Your IP Address is 54.198.245.233.   Location is United States
Your IP Address is visible to EVERYONE. Hide your IP ADDRESS with a VPN while torrenting!
ExtraTorrent strongly recommends using Trust.Zone VPN to anonymize your torrenting. It's FREE!
Hide my IP address!

What I should or can do? ISP throttling my internet speeds. (closed)

AuthorMessage
AdiMalick avatar
Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:19
Author: Kitty
My third notice for copyright infringement. A friend stayed downloaded. 1st notice. 2nd/3rd teen son downloading films. What the hell can a man do? I use century link for a ISP.
MgB avatar
Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:43
Author: Trusted UploaderSite FriendET loverSupermanSunTurtleETRG
No avatar
Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 13:12
Author:
Has your ISP explicitly stated that they are throttling your connection? It might just be that any torrent software you are using is misconfigured and flooding your upstream bandwidth, causing your internet to slow to a crawl. Make sure that there are absolutely no computers currently downloading using torrent software and see if that helps things.
AdiMalick avatar
Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 07:45
Author: Kitty
yea might be not sure but my internet has slowed to a crawl. Can't surf hardly anywhere.
Mulva1989 avatar
Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 13:46
Author: Trusted UploaderSite FriendET junkieET loverGirl
Well, I suggest you contact your ISP and find out then..

Worse case scenario they'll tell you you've been throttled till next month or so (they won't beat you with a stick or anything :P ). Best case scenario they help you get your internet back up to speed.
OU812 avatar
Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 14:16
Author: Blocked
Or they nicely and firmly explain that you've been throttled because you have been linked to copyright infringement and illegally downloading material from torrent sites and you can either cease and desist from such activity, continue to deal with speed limits and periodic site blockades or you can find another Internet Provider.

Challenging your provider might not go as well as you might expect. and if you arent using any kind of protection they pretty much know everything they need to know about your activities.

Thats exactly why i dont use my provider assigned DNS, and do use a VPN along with others methods of masking my mac and ip addresses.

I can just imagine the conversation when you call...what a stupid suggestion! Do not call or contact your provider.
Panerai avatar
Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 14:33
Author: Site FriendET junkieET loverKittySunTurtle
I don't see the harm in asking if there's anything wrong. In fact, that's a standard response. He doesn't have to challenge or tell him anything. There are many ways to communicate. Just ask.
Mulva1989 avatar
Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 14:50
Well yea.. if your thought is to open the phone conversation with "I've been downloading illegal torrents till I saw blue in the face. Is that why I'm slow now?", then indeed it is stupid.
Luckily however.. most of us would handle it a little smarter then OU812 would.

You tell them your internet speeds are slow, and ask them if they can help you with this.
If there is a throttle or a block in place, then the support rep will see this and tell you this. If not then they can at least check if there is some kind of malfunctioning in the connection going on. A provider could indeed see what your upto. But first of all the people doing phone support are not even close to the people who would be able to see that stuff. Secondly, unless you use extreme high bandwith, do stuff that causes their network to have problems, or a government agency has a court order, your provider couldn't give a rats ass what you do on the internet. They're in the business of making money you know, trying to play big brother only costs them more money and will cause customers to leave. So why would they if they don't have to ?

So yea.. unless you're paranoid and think your ISP is kind of subsection of Echelon, you should call your ISP to find out whats what.
Don't challange them or anything, don't tell them stuff they don't need to know.. Just a fact finding mission.
OU812 avatar
Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 15:59
Do yourself a favor and ignore whatever these noobs are suggesting your the one that will pay the price not them....there are other ways to determine if your speed is being throttled.

Just because two idiots happen to agree with each other doesnt make them right....no matter how loud they yell or yell insulting and disparaging remarks at people who dare to disagree with them.
Panerai avatar
Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 16:08
I'm not yelling, pal. I was once downgraded by accident. Things happen. If he doesn't know, or isn't sure of the cause, my suggestion was simply to ask. I Don't see the problem and meant no disrespect to anyone.
Mulva1989 avatar
Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 16:23
OU812 wrote:
Do yourself a favor and ignore whatever these noobs are suggesting your the one that will pay the price not them....there are other ways to determine if your speed is being throttled.

Just because two idiots happen to agree with each other doesnt make them right....no matter how loud they yell or yell insulting and disparaging remarks at people who dare to disagree with them.
You know if you atleast had given him some advice to use instead of only trying to give arguments to why my post is stupid and why you think we're idiots, then it would be less obvious that you are trolling.

But since it is obvious, it should be pretty easy for the OP to see who he should be ignoring and/or who is an idiot.
OU812 avatar
Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 17:12
No more a troll than you are.....why not give yourself a break and just stop while your ahead and before you lose any more of those precious icons, you shouldve realized by now that there isnt going to be a winner here and for me losing is winning if I take you down as well..

One ID or a thousand Id's don't matter eventually, it'll happen. In fact, its already happening, you been lucky so far, but all your attempts to manipulate staff to get them to ban or block me I'll admit have been clever, but the sword has two edges, and your likely to get cut as well in the process...

Like i said before i was interupted by the know it alls who think they rule the forum and dont consider anyone elses views are important as thiers, take whatever advice you get here cautiously, there are all kinds of agendas at work.
Mulva1989 avatar
Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 17:26
OU812 wrote:
No more a troll than you are.....why not give yourself a break and just stop while your ahead and before you lose any more of those precious icons, you shouldve realized by now that there isnt going to be a winner here and for me losing is winning if I take you down as well..

One ID or a thousand Id's don't matter eventually, it'll happen. In fact, its already happening, you been lucky so far, but all your attempts to manipulate staff to get them to ban or block me I'll admit have been clever, but the sword has two edges, and your likely to get cut as well in the process...

Like i said before i was interupted by the know it alls who think they rule the forum and dont consider anyone elses views are important as thiers, take whatever advice you get here cautiously, there are all kinds of agendas at work.

Well, I still don't know where you get the fantasy ideas that I'm trying to manipulate anybody, or try to involve staff or anything. There is really nothing to support that theory. I don't care if they ban you or promote you to santa claus, you're just an antagonizing figure and it urks me that you always try to crap all over the place. That is why I post what I post.

I'm glad though that you admit that your goal is to take me down whatever the cost and that you do operate multiple ID's.. With that, all that has to be said is said I think...
Panerai avatar
Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 17:33
Oh, bloody hell, kids...
Soup avatar
Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 17:47
Author: ModeratorET loverSupermanSunTurtle
Topic closed as tweedle dumm and tweedle dee are at it again

Forum Search

search in post message
  search in topic subject
Forum

Home - Browse Torrents - Upload Torrent - Stat - Forum - FAQ - Login
ExtraTorrent.cc is in compliance with copyrights
Can't load ExtraTorrent? Try our official mirrors: etmirror.com - etproxy.com - extratorrentonline.com - extratorrentlive.com
2006-2017 ExtraTorrent.cc2