Hot torrents
H264 X264
View Torrent Info: Moana.2016.BluRay.1080p.DTS.AC3.x264-ETRG
View Torrent Info: Assassins.Creed.2016.BluRay.720p.DTS.AC3.x264-ETRG
View Torrent Info: From.a.House.on.Willow.Street.2016.720p.WEBRip.x264.AAC-ETRG
View Torrent Info: Hidden.Figures.2016.720p.BRRip.x264.AAC-ETRG
Hot torrents
BluRay, 4k UHD
View Torrent Info: Bad Santa-2 2016 Multi UHD 2160p BluRay HEVC HDR DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: The.Chamber.2016.BluRay.1080p.x264.DTSHD5.1-DDR
View Torrent Info: Gladiator 2000 Paramount Re-Issue Blu-ray 1080p x264 DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Resident Evil The Final Chapter 2016 Multi 1080pBluRay x264 DTSHD 7.1 -DDR
Hot torrents
Television
View Torrent Info: Samurai.Jack.S05E03.WEB-DL.x264-FUM[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Ghost.Adventures.S14E01.Stone.Lion.Inn.HDTV.x264-SPASM
View Torrent Info: The.Originals.S04E02.HDTV.x264-KILLERS[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Ransom.S01E11.HDTV.x264-KILLERS[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Trapped 2017 1GB DesiPDvD x264 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Phillauri 2017 1GB DesiSCR x264 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Assassins.Creed.2016.1080p.BRRip.x264.Turkish.AC3-ETRG
View Torrent Info: Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them 2016 720p BluRay Turkish and English DUAL DD 5.1 x264-aXeL
30s
Chat
To add new messages please Login or Register for FREE
Warning! Protect Yourself from Lawsuits and Fines!
Your IP Address is 54.211.0.142.   Location is United States
Your IP Address is visible to EVERYONE. Hide your IP ADDRESS with a VPN while torrenting!
ExtraTorrent strongly recommends using Trust.Zone VPN to anonymize your torrenting. It's FREE!
Hide my IP address!

Large Torrents Not Working for Anyone in Australia?

Post a Reply    Subscribe to Topic    
1, 2  [Next]
Page 1 of 2   [ 24 posts ]
AuthorMessage
KingTubby avatar
Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 00:55
Author:
G'day everyone,

I like my games and i do use trustzone vpn. I am at the point where i am about to give up gaming since everything i download (torrent) from anywhere just won't work. It always fails on the decompression sequence. I remember the old days when it was all done in RAR volumes so that if it happened you would just download only the rar volume in question that was corrupt but since people aren't doing that any more it's all gone to sh*t.

I really wanted Mortal Kombat X. but i am assuming because the idiots who make these torrents are not using the rar volume sets and just sharing the ISO images, every time i download one no matter what the game is or how big the files are they just won't extract/install. I have tried everything. Different ISP, using a mac as well as linux instead of windows, other torrent programs, slowing down the download, basic operating systems with no extra apps, the list goes on...... At first i thought that the people making these torrents were using overclocked machines to make the actual iso images (overclocking causes cpu & ram mathematical instabilities over time) but then again some other people are reporting (in the comments on the torrent site) that they downloaded it from that particular torrent from the same site just fine and it worked so im left thinking WTF!

It's also entirely possible that the ISP's are filtering or f**king up packets at the networking level but if ISP's can't see what we are doing then how can it affect torrents alone because i can download a 10gb BR rip just fine and it plays perfectly with no corruption? Something's going on and i'm not sure what it is. If anyone has any ideas i'm open to suggestions before i quit downloading game torrents completely.

Just in case anyone wants to ask, my PC specs are: Core i7 3.6GHz, 32gb ram, 1tb ssd x7, nvidia titan series 4Gb. Easily capable of running any game out there.
Mulva1989 avatar
Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 01:45
Author: Trusted UploaderSite FriendET junkieET loverGirl
An ISP wouldn't corrupt your data. As long as they are not liable, they don't care what you do, they only care about the bandwidth. So if they were to have a problem with P2P activities they would either block it or throttle down the speed.

Given that you're using a VPN though, your ISP cannot see what you do or to whom you are connected and they definitely can't alter your traffic. Your ISP just sees an encrypted connection to your VPN provider, so interference from them is out of the question here.

When using torrents you don't have to use separated RAR volumes to handle corruption the way you describe. There is already a comparable builtin system for this. Upon creation of the torrent a unique hash code of the content was calculated which can be used to verify whether your download is exactly the same. If even 1 bit is different in your copy, the hash code will be different and you'll know it's corrupted then. The distribution of torrent traffic works by splitting the content in small predetermined pieces each with their own unique hash codes. So when your download appears to be corrupted your torrent client can easily pinpoint which piece is faulty and needs to be re-downloaded.

This is all builtin so you don't have to bother with codes etc yourself.. After you download a game. Just use the recheck or verify function in your torrent client to check whether no corruption happened during download. If it did your client will automatically discard the corrupted pieces and try to re-download them.

If the download appears to be 100% intact.. My advice would be to contact the uploader for help. Certainly those who repack it themselves will be able to help you out more often then not.
Faithwyn avatar
Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 02:59
Author: Trusted UploaderSite FriendET junkieET loverGirlSunTurtle
If this has happened more than once and with different torrents
have you ruled out your PC writing to a bad sector on a failing HD?
Myself, I've never had one corrupt file from this site, but I would
be highly suspicious of any RAR files from any other site.
There's a good reason folks have moved away from those!
KingTubby avatar
Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 04:12
Author:
Thanks for your input guys

I own several machines (since i repair computers all the time)... macbook, imac, my gaming machine, even a linux & xp machine. I'm getting the problem with all of them. I'm not using a NAS for storage or anything, and if i need to transfer to another machine it's via the network. I've literally tried everything short of switching ISP's. Tried another network switch. Tried checking the settings within the modem. I did think about the hard disks and wether or not they could be on the way out but all of them? not all are SSD's just the boot ones in the mac's and the gaming machine. I also tend to replace them once a year.

I've tried 4 different torrent programs: VUZE, utorrent, qtorrent and ktorrent. it's the same thing with all of them but what i can't understand is why is it limited to games only and nothing else? I can download ISO images for windows or anything else that's large (adobe etc) and they extract or mount as virtual drive and work no problem.

I did think of one thing earlier: maybe there could be a problem with powerISO (virtual drive software) so i tried alcohol 120 as well as daemon tools, same problem. Winrar can also extract ISO images as though they were archives, no luck there either. If the ISP isn't doing anything at the packet level, which i suspect that you're right thinking they are not, then it HAS to be something simple. I'm using windows 7 on the gaming machine (i HATE windows 8 & 10) and if i could i wouldn't use windows at all. I have tried watching the torrent apps "check" for faults with the downloads and there are none.

I have also tried taking the downloaded iso's to a few mate's computers at their place, same problem. They try downloading the game, same problem. Either i'm overlooking something simple that i'm gonna kick myself when i find it or i'll just give up on games and stick with the consoles. But the problem persists even with vanilla OS installs... think i will try windows 8, just to see what happens...
Cat avatar
Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 04:33
Author: Trusted UploaderET junkieET lover
Might seem a bit extreme but usually when all else fails i replace the hard drive with a new clean one and do a clean install of the operating system any needed updates and the software needed for the specific activity required. Myself, windows 7 ultimate 64 bit, Utorrent 2.2.1 winrar and winzip and a converter if needed like wondershare I;m not of a gamer! So i generally avoid compressed files. Iso's are alright but a pain in the ass. I like being able to install a game when i have been into them.

Then try your download....its doubtful that your ISP would be getting involved at this level. i'm in Australia as well and the amount of stuff i download is disgustingly high.
Mulva1989 avatar
Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 06:14
Well if you did recheck the torrent and it verified 100% with the hash, then you can conclude that no corruption occurred during downloading. So you can discard torrent clients and your ISP as cause of the problem. Also your HDD has written the file in a 100% intact state and since you're only ALWAYs having problems while decompressing these games this would be a very unlikely candidate as cause of the problem.

Before swapping out hardware or reinstalling windows etc.. It's probably smartest to first contact the uploader like I suggested earlier. You're certainly not the first to experience problems with these compressed repacks. Many of these repackers upload themselves so, they do know their stuff and probably helped tons of downloaders before. Especially when it comes to virtual iso software and OS etc. they know which ones work and don't work with their stuff. And if they can't help you.. then you at least know it's probably not something simple or common.

Mulva1989 avatar
Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 07:56
Cat wrote:
I wouldve suggested contacting the uploader but i know from experience they are notorious for not giving a fuck enough to answer a Pm since they automatically assume its a complaint. But i also figured you were smart enough to have already tried contacting the uploader before you even brought your problem here....

ignore mulva1989 she's new staff and thinks she knows it all..so no matter what anyone else suggests, she'll keep banging on like a school yard bully pushing her brand of assistance until you tell her she's right..
Lol you can always tell when our house pet Cat feels his knowledge is threatened..
We're all trying to help the OP and when I disagree with someones advice I'll explain why. I may turn out to be wrong but at least I had proper reasons to think otherwise.. Our ET house pet on the other hand is more concerned with wanting to be right then helping the Op.. so like a little boy he response to this by attacking others with subjective and irrelevant matters.

You just pointed out in your first response you're not a gamer and avoid compressed files etc... So what would you know about how game repackers respond to downloaders asking for help? They generally spend alot of time getting their uploads right and working, so if someone has a problem that is not in the descriptions and is seemingly valid, they are usually happy to help.

It's pretty bold to give as first advice to get new drives and reinstall windows.. Since most users aren't really looking to do a full reformat or invest in harddrives for no good reasons.. you're assuming dangerously much by giving this as first advice.
Mulva1989 avatar
Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:56
Cat wrote:
whatever you say princess. How bout you get a tampon take a hot bath and leave the tech stuff to more qualified people....Just cause your staff doesnt mean you have to be superwoman diving into one helping scenario after another just to prove your no Ange1...

say what you like, but when it comes to you the last thing I am is threatened. My knowledge and experience is just that, mine and I am confident in it...

I just have to respond whenever you start doling out advice because you have a way of sounding like an authority when you really arent. You know the language and how to use it and that can be deceiving for people who dont know your just a noob here, who happened to luck into a situation that is way over her head...

dont flatter yourself though and dont presume to know what level my knowledge and experience is. I am here for the ones asking for help, offering a balance to know it all dangerous ditzes like you.

Attention readers: Just because she's happens to be staff doesnt give her information any more credibility - just makes her more dangerous
And yet.. you continue on the same path.. You claim of knowledge and experience but the fact is that you rarely bring anything meaningful into situations where people ask for real help.

The OP lays down a specific problem and what he has already tried and the only thing you can add to this is to put in new hard drives, reformat and redo windows? A monkey could have given the same advice without even looking at his post. If that is really the best you can do, I wouldn't be so confident in your experience and knowledge.

Whenever people try to be helpful to others on ET you swoop in as Cat or with one of your many dupe accounts, give some basic mind-numbing advice which is questionable at best and then proceed to attack the people who actually analyse the situation and trying to give more expertly help then .... UUUUH REBOOT ... UUUH REFORMAT ..
When you act like that you don't come off as knowledgeable at all.. Just as jealous and hateful.

Seriously like I told you many times before.. explain us all why I am wrong.. then you can show them how reliable my information really is. Talking about tampons and crying for attention isn't really proving your point.. It does however help the monkey analogy.
Mulva1989 avatar
Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:54
Cat wrote:
and what exactly are you bringing to the table - in my view not much.

His problem ( the OP) has been answered and addressed. It might not meet with your approval and satisfaction but that isnt the goal is it. Helping you is not the point. He was helped and thats what counts. ITS NOT ABOUT YOU mulva1989

The original Poster is the concern, the rest is you taking one million words to paraphrase what every one else says in your typical mulva the know it all arrogant mentally ill way - tossing in an occassional passive aggressive insult along the way.

I dont have to prove anything to you - you prove it yourself every time you open your know it all mouth and insist on demonstrating how brilliant you are...when you are not!

you insinuate and make all kinds of insulting accusations against me. I guess nobody measures up to mulva, staff or members..we just dont do it according to your outline. well guess what I think about you and your criticisms of the way i do things..not one single shit! So once again PISS OFF!
How was it answered and addressed?
Before I answered there was no reply yet.. Then you started pushing him towards all the wrong directions so I nudged it back. Who was I paraphrasing there then..

And how is his problem solved.. ? Does his game work now?
If this is what you called solved.. then you don't set the bar very high.
But I guess that is just your style...

Now stop trolling around and go do something useful.. Like seeding your last torrent for example.. I bet the dozens of peers that have been stuck on 4.4% for a few hours now would rather have you continue to seed instead of being a dickhead in the forum.

Cat-Sucky-Seed.jpg
SRIGGA avatar
Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 14:43
Author: Moderator
Cat wrote:
Might seem a bit extreme but usually when all else fails i replace the hard drive with a new clean one and do a clean install of the operating system any needed updates and the software needed for the specific activity required. Myself, windows 7 ultimate 64 bit, Utorrent 2.2.1 winrar and winzip and a converter if needed like wondershare I;m not of a gamer! So i generally avoid compressed files. Iso's are alright but a pain in the ass. I like being able to install a game when i have been into them.

Then try your download....its doubtful that your ISP would be getting involved at this level. i'm in Australia as well and the amount of stuff i download is disgustingly high.

rolling-on-the-floor-laughing-smiley-emoticon.gif How often do you Buy new hard disk CAT? And how many times do you reinstall Windows to your Hard disk in a Month? 10 times? is it because your PC is a Old piece of Shit like you are?hidden-34.gif
ozi avatar
Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 14:44
Author: SuperAdmin
which version of the game did you download?

the scene iso files are uncompressed there shouldn't be decompression errors

decompression errors usually happen on those REPACK versions iv had those errors before and solved them by running setup as administer
if you downloaded a REPACK version of the game and it has a iso file extract the iso file with winrar to a new folder look for the setup file right click and select run as administer
you can do the same thing with scene release as well
SRIGGA avatar
Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 14:47
don't think it has anything to do with your ISP, Inside The main Winrar file their will be more Rar files you need to get them all out,correct way, as OZI asked what is the Game your having issues with? Can check it out for you if you give us the Name of the Game :)
SRIGGA avatar
Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 16:32
Well Hello My Good Friend CAT, how you been? Did you missed me? Lovely to See your still here Running your Stupid Mouth as usual. Ass Kissing is Something I Never did And never Will, That is something your Pretty good At Cat Kissing Almost everyone's ass, Everyone knows it too. You will be the first One to Quickly run to Staff and PM if something goes down LOL, STFU you little ET Pet
Mulva1989 avatar
Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 18:17
Cat wrote:
tell ya what mulva1989 you are a shrewd one i'll give ya that - but instead of spending your day and night in the forum trying to prove to everyone including your resident cock smoker SRIGGA how bright you are, you might want to tend to some of your own torrents. In particular those dead ones that have accumulated. What that saying about pointing fingers. Best make sure you pull the plank out of your own eye first.

I didnt realize there was trouble with my Penny Dreadful upload until you reminded me, easily fixed but i then decided to have a look at your torrents. I wont go as far as copying and pasting or taking screenshots - but i am sure a quick glance will reveal a goodly number of dead ones worthy of your time away from the forum.

SRIGGA your an illiterate, uneducated non threatening toad, who cant help taking a opportunity to jump on the first staff dick that seems hospitable and friendly, you might get away with polishing mulva's knob since you been in colusion from the beginning - but you'll quickly find that ozi tires of ass kissers and brown nosing clowns like yourself pretty quick.

And what you think attacking my computer is going to hurt me or cause me turmoil. FFS you are pathetic I replace my hard drives as needed. I maintain all my devices and dont mind spending the money needed to do so - and i can do it all on my own without my mom having to give hand jobs to the local toothless homeless men in the alley behind your shack to pay your way. STFU now
Oh yea sure.. defend you not seeding a torrent you uploaded today... by taking dumped torrents from me from probably close to a year old as example.. how does that compare?
As a matter of fact.. I wish you would post them .. THEN you would be doing something useful as I would delete them then.
Now you're again just howling words and teasing us with something seemingly worthwhile without actually bringing anything meaningful yet again..

In the meantime.. me and the other peers are still stuck on your hours old torrent.
If you can't see the difference between not seeding new torrents that nobody has even finished yet and dead torrents that lived and died on their own volition... then maybe uploading is not for you.

Cat wrote:
you know what ass hole. Big A asked you 3 times to prove your statements, when you said these things and you remained silent...

Now I am going to ask you who are all these people, what exactly is it that they know. Name these people whose asses I have kissed. Let them speak up and confirm your accusations. If you are going to continue to use these same things to support your argument provide proof or shut the fuck up.

prove what you say SRIGGA. Give me a reason to have a bit of respect for you! You dont remain a member of this site or get warned banned and blocked as much as I have by kissing ass thats for sure. Besides its insulting to others who's asses I supposedly kiss.

Heres your chance to be a hero and put me in my place. STEP UP OR STFU
So from others you suddenly do require proof?
Thats typical of you now isn't it..?

You can just run your mouth off, poisoning help topics with thoughtless bad advice, trolling people that do actually help, making the things up along the way as you go.. I mean nothing really you've been talking about so far is backed up by even common sense or logic... and at the same time here you are dedicating a full post demanding someone else to do the very thing that you refuse to do.

You can't have monopoly on these things you know...
SRIGGA avatar
Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 19:26
Cat wrote:
who are all these people, what exactly is it that they know. Name these people whose asses I have kissed. Let them speak up and confirm your accusations
rolling-on-the-floor-laughing-smiley-emoticon.gif Who are Those PPL? Way? what are you going to do? Pm them and have a little Talk with them in privet too? 24.gif they may not speak out loud but... the ones that needs to know about you they know all bout wachu are3.gif they are just enjoying watching what you do around the forum all day,it is kinda entertaining to watch for a while. but after sometime it gets really Sad 37.gif i am not a snitch like you to give Up some name just because you say prove it, and i certainly am not looking any respect from you. Who the hell are you? no body bro,

And what the hell you talking about "what you think attacking my computer"?13.gif Now way would i do That you CAT if something Happens to your PC and your not able to login to ET Then who is going to entertain Us?? 17.gif

AND STFU with all your Tough guy talk and acting all staff like, all you do is play around the forum with your Fake ID's. i didn't reply to da other thread because i saw like the mitch that you are you went hiding under Vinyl Account.

are you sooo scared? you have to change your accounts when you have talk Bad about someone? You really are a mitch 21.gif i Dare you to post with your Cat id all the time, i don't think you will112.gif soon you will login to some different account and post like a big tough guy that's all you do. you really do have some mental issues i think...bro, get some help. and what i also don't understand is way if your saying your not kissing anyone's ass way is it then when i say it bothers you 39.gif are you 100% not kissing anyone's CAT?
1, 2  [Next]
Page 1 of 2   [ 24 posts ]

Post a Reply    

Forum Search

search in post message
  search in topic subject
Forum

Home - Browse Torrents - Upload Torrent - Stat - Forum - FAQ - Login
ExtraTorrent.cc is in compliance with copyrights
BitCoin: 12DiyqsWhENahDzdhdYsRrCw8FPQVcCkcm
Can't load ExtraTorrent? Try our official mirrors: etmirror.com - etproxy.com - extratorrentonline.com - extratorrentlive.com
2006-2017 ExtraTorrent.cc1