Hot torrents
H264 X264
View Torrent Info: Moana.2016.BluRay.1080p.DTS.AC3.x264-ETRG
View Torrent Info: Assassins.Creed.2016.BluRay.720p.DTS.AC3.x264-ETRG
View Torrent Info: From.a.House.on.Willow.Street.2016.720p.WEBRip.x264.AAC-ETRG
View Torrent Info: Hidden.Figures.2016.720p.BRRip.x264.AAC-ETRG
Hot torrents
BluRay, 4k UHD
View Torrent Info: Bad Santa-2 2016 Multi UHD 2160p BluRay HEVC HDR DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: The.Chamber.2016.BluRay.1080p.x264.DTSHD5.1-DDR
View Torrent Info: Gladiator 2000 Paramount Re-Issue Blu-ray 1080p x264 DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Resident Evil The Final Chapter 2016 Multi 1080pBluRay x264 DTSHD 7.1 -DDR
Hot torrents
Television
View Torrent Info: The.Originals.S04E02.HDTV.x264-KILLERS[ettv]
View Torrent Info: The.Blacklist.Redemption.S01E05.HDTV.x264-KILLERS[ettv]
View Torrent Info: The.Last.Kingdom.S02E02.HDTV.x264-MTB[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Greys.Anatomy.S13E17.HDTV.x264-LOL[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Trapped 2017 1GB DesiPDvD x264 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Phillauri 2017 1GB DesiSCR x264 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Assassins.Creed.2016.1080p.BRRip.x264.Turkish.AC3-ETRG
View Torrent Info: Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them 2016 720p BluRay Turkish and English DUAL DD 5.1 x264-aXeL
30s
Chat
To add new messages please Login or Register for FREE
Warning! Stop Government from Tracking Your Torrenting!
Your IP Address is 54.197.130.93.   Location is United States
Your Internet Provider and Government can track your internet activity! Hide your IP and LOCATION with a VPN
ExtraTorrent strongly recommends using Trust.Zone VPN to anonymize your torrenting. It's FREE!
HIDE ME NOW

ET

Post a Reply    Subscribe to Topic    
1, 2  [Next]
Page 1 of 2   [ 23 posts ]
AuthorMessage
carolina avatar
Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 22:15
Author: Blocked
Dear ET,

I have been doing a lot of thinking on what is reality? What if anything is "real" on the web? Well first off the computer sitting on my desk is very real. I paid money and I got a box full of electronic stuff that turns on and works the way it's supposed to. (Most of the time) So item 1 the PC I use is real. From there, you need a connection. The DSL, Cable, Satellite or Wireless Device I connect to my PC is real, again I pay for it, it's made of parts and services I can see and hear and get a bill for. If it wasn't real I wouldn't be able to hook it to a real PC.
Then there is the web. Here is where it gets tricky, it's why so many people say "The web is not reality" Even nice, caring, otherwise fine people think like that. The web is harder to define as real because you can't touch it or pin it down or know exactly what it is, unless your a geek who STILL cant touch or feel it, but does understand it. For a majority of people, the web is unreal other space. This apparently allows people to do as they please, since they are anonymous. They tend to forget common courtesy & let go the bounds of normal social strictures and behave in a way that would APPALL them if someone behaved that very same way towards them, or to others, IN REAL LIFE. They belittle anyone who objects with innuendo or out right insults to the person who objects as being sad and pitiful because "its not real/get a life/this is JUST the web". To me the question isn't what is reality but in this case the real question is:

IF the people being picked on are pitiful/no life/babies, what does that make the person/persons who spend THEIR time making life harder for them????? How sad and pitiful are YOU if your MORE sad and pitiful than the person your making fun of????? (everyone ought to think about that for a moment, even those of you who see it and do nothing, you are helping the bullies by not speaking out against it)

Next the people I connect to thru the Web. I could look at this place like others and believe that I am the only "REAL" person here (the only one who truly "matters"). Well, then WHO are all those screen names? Aren't they people just like me? Don't they deserve to be treated with some measure of the respect I want? I think so. I am a REAL person on the other end of this keyboard, I have feelings and I am a loyal, good friend to people I decide to call a friend. I would NEVER hurt someone intentionally. (Unless they push me to it and then like anyone else in the world I CAN lose my cool) I have a real life but that DOESN'T mean I can't escape that real life, once in a while. I can come here and be around people I would otherwise never have the opportunity to know or be friends with. That does not mean I don't have a real life! It is pretty IRONIC the same people who make fun and say "you have no life" are here just as much and don't seem to think "THEY have no life". I come here to have fun and make friends and it may be SHOCKING to some but I have made some REAL friends here. Not cyber friends, not cyber people. NOT fake people. REAL flesh and blood people on the other end of an electronic link. People I might never know if it wasn't for ET.

So you know who you are and aren't out there, in this world of "unreality". The ones who happily go about making life hard for another human being just for the thrill of it. Or because they aren't like you. Or because you simply can and not pay the consequences. Well, I'll tell you there is a consequence. You become someone that can't keep a real friend, someone who has to stay here in their "unreal world" because out there in real life you've lost the ability to make and be a good friend. You become a bitter, mean spirited bully. Enjoy the thrill. It's hopefully worth it for you. OR remember that on the other side of this "unreality" we call the web is a REAL person who has the right to be treated as you want to be treated. The choice is not hard, just not always made right.

In the end, it's about the PEOPLE here, NOT the technology. It's about the interaction and the sharing and caring. It's about the pirate motto.

Sharing IS Caring

A motto which does not just apply to the movies and music and data. It applies to what everyone on this site does for everyone else. For one example, Admins and AA's who work sometimes without any reward, not even respect or recognition. Free speech is a dearly held right, but it CAN be abused. Why even be here if all you can do is degrade, belittle and disrespect? How pitiful is THAT?

So to you people who frequent the chatroom think about your actions and realize there are real humans on the other end of the messages you send and think about how YOU would feel if you were on that end? Take that precious moment between typing and sending to consider for a moment.........

In conclusion.....

Here I am, not leaving after all, not changing who I am for anyone and not caring who doesn't like it.

Carolina AKA Hippie Chick

P.S. As an adult who has lost her cool and made a mistake, its up to me to apologize. So here it is, my say (above) and now my apolgy. I was hurt and angry and lost my cool. I should NOT have put those reviews out for everyone to see, no matter how true they might be. I should have sent them in PM and kept the drama between me and the people involved. I don't apologize for what I said but for HOW I behaved and what I said IN PUBLIC. The people I said it to can try and settle this in private if they care. At this point I don't. As for the things I said about ET, that this place is supposed to be fun, I don't take that part back at all. I'm here to have fun and the hell with the ones who don't like it.
carolina avatar
Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 00:50
Thank you both for being the first two strangers to prove my point.

Carolina
carolina avatar
Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 01:43
Well lets see my post went up at Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 22:15

And 2 strangers show up to roast me lets see who they are?
Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 23:27
Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 00:50
Fake 1
fake2

I think when these people come out from behind THEIR fake ID's they can talk to me about hypocrasy.

Dirk_Diggler avatar
Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 02:31
Author:
Wow I have to say corolina. That was good, every last word. I think some people actually are living some character online and they are a totally different person in real life. I like to call them internet thugs but they have many names. When I first started going online I have done the same thing and I really felt like this shit wasnt real Im just gonna do whatever,say whatever to whoever. But I am really goood with my words(as are you) and my words are alot more powerful than I thought. After a while I realized that their are real people on here with real feelings. I am still an ass sometimes to people but thats just who I am. If I poke at someone I know when enoughs enough, and when I get pissed I never hold grudges. Their is nobody on this site That I dislike. Infact the majority of the people here are very cool and sharing. This is a good community.

In "real life" nothing is free. Everybodys hungry and they want something. And they want it from you. If I dont pay the electric company they dont care if its mid-winter and I have kids. They are shutting me off. Here people will bend over backwards to please their peers. Thats awsome and thats why Im here. Ive never been the greedy electric company and I go out of my way for people online and off. Because thats who I am. I think one of the most Important way to show appriciation is to seed what you download. Even if you diddnt like the quality.
Dirk_Diggler avatar
Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 02:48
Author:
Oh wow Ive obviously missed alot here after reading the replys. I now have no clue what the hell is going on.If its drama(looks like it) Ill stay out of this 1. Peace.

Carolina Be who you are, fuck the haters. These people are hiding behind fake accounts oviously or are from some other site. lol, maybe my post meant something here or maybe it was off topic and carolina was talking about something that has happened. Either way I read it and was shocked. Carolina you are very good at writing. And very real.
reno.99999 avatar
Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 02:55
Author:
must have missed a few myself
carolina avatar
Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 03:18
TY Dirk, somebody got what i was saying....
aSBo avatar
Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 05:21
Author: Site FriendKitty
Carolina if your popular some people just cant deal with it simple but true. That`s why they cowardly use fake ID`s to reply to your post. All the people from 1337x that I know would never stand in judgment they are better than that. You have never been anything but a good friend to people here at ET. One of the first things you told me was that you were married & broke my heart lol. Your easily the biggest flirt I know there`s nothing wrong with having some fun. You have something for sure these haters will never have & that`s my love & respect because you truly have the confidence to be yourself. Just ignore the shit from these retards they will be back to post with yet more fake ID`s they have to do it you see it`s the only way they can get any attention in their shallow pointless little lives.

Love Always Spoon Your FRIEND

Chris ;0) xxx
timamirrockdude avatar
Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 07:35
Author:
hey caro...don't mind what others say ..
just be what u are

we love u that way..

...i really am at ur back to support u whenevr u need me..we love u and yeah u said somethings in the post that just shocked out my senses ...we should really first feel whatever we posting anywhere ..cuz its not that we are talking to some..robot or some supercomputer shit..but they are real persons with real personalities..thanks carolina for ur post..may help those who will read ur post completely..i read it two times to get in my mind that everything is real and i love et and its people
cyberartist avatar
Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 07:43
Author:
Hey carolina - if a tree drops dead in the forest - can you still hear the sound of one hand clapping? Peace.
W1ck3d1nt3ntz avatar
Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 07:58
Author: Site Friend
You're always welcome here on ET Carolina. You've been nothing sort of a ray of sunshine here on the site in my eyes. Don't mind what a few bickering people have to say. The overall populous of members loves your presence. You definitely add some much needed flair to the chatroom. Let me be one of the first to say "Welcome Back."

Now if you can talk Old Hippie into getting back into the ET swing, that would be great. LoL, I miss Hippie. Anyways, cheers Carolina and you made me smile today.
292rbf5_th.jpg
OldHippie avatar
Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 15:30
Author:
Wow! I’m totally blown away by all this. (Not used to getting this kind of attention). Never in my wildest dreams did I think there were so many mindless little scrotes out there with nothing better to do than post “hate-mail” and stir up trouble among the ET community. (Make no wonder there’s such a mass exodus from this place - all the good people are chased off)

At the same time I can only laugh (picture a long haired 50-ish Mr. Bean with a big silly grin on his face and you kinda got me right now) because it boggles the mind at how pathetic some people are. How meaningless their lives must be. To hide behind (obviously) fake ID’s and spew their drivel. And for what? Where’s the payday on this? Forgive me, but I can’t, for the life of me, see it. (Maybe I AM as dumb as some have suggested). And while I do look down my nose at such idiots, rest assured they have my pity as well. A question: have you people ever considered suicide? Because your lives appear to be pretty useless. My guess is that the BEST part of you probably ran down your mother’s legs during conception. Do the world a favour; go for ‘the big sleep.’.

For those of you who like (dare I say love) me as a friend because I may have made you laugh once or twice, and I think I think I have identified who you are, rest assured I love you guys too.

For those of you who hide behind false IDs (Chuckles and Jackass) because you don’t have the courage of your convictions, and others who may spread their vicious innuendo and SHITE through “whispers,” let me say this: GO FUCK YOURSELVES. You are so insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

(Bends forward…pulls down pants…wiggles my ass in your general direction).

For those of you who have showed restraint and ignored ET’s latest little soap opera; Bless You for having some good old-fashioned common sense.

Since I have been in ET, if I have upset anyone with my little “barbs,” I apologize. It was never meant to be serious or harmful. Just fun. I AM, after-all, ET’s village idiot and its what I do best. It’s the only way I can justify my existence in the ET community.

And for those of you who genuinely may be concerned about myself (and Carolina), DON’T BE. I like to think I know everything there is to know about her from how long her dirt driveway is (350 feet), to where the tattoo is (not telling - sorry guys) and just about everything else that matters. I’m a big boy now and my hide has gotten plenty thick over the years so, no worries, OK?

For Al, my longtime friend, who (just) said, “If you think these well wishers on this post are honest. I can without a doubt tell you one is a complete liar.” I ask you now Al, NAME NAMES!!! Who is the “complete liar?” (Speak now or forever hold your peace, PUT UP OR SHUT UP - who are you talking about?) I still love ya like a bro Al, but when you call someone out, you gotta give the name.

Last but not least…Wickie; I never really left the ET swing. I’ve just been too preoccupied snuggled up next to Carolina and trying to get my hands on her tattoo. ;)

Peace and Love always guys.
(If it ain’t bothering me, why should it bother you)[/size][/font][/size][/font]
OldHippie avatar
Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 17:02
Author:
Sorry Al old mate, not letting you off that lightly. No skirting the issue with humour. YOU put it out there ("If you think these well wishers on this post are honest. I can without a doubt tell you one is a complete liar."), now, SHIT or get off the pot, man. Who is "the one" ? Can't leave it hanging. Waiting, my friend..............
No avatar
Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 18:25
Welp I wasnt going to post in here on this but here is what i got to say.

I dont hide under multi-Ids I dont have time for that, trying to keep up with one is hard enuff. We all have our faults here, I havent been hating on anyone here if u belive that I have "I AM SORRY", I ve mad ALOT of Friends here in chat and PMs, But some carrys the chat stuf a little far, this is the internet some ppl will lie to you and some ppl will tell the truth, but we are all here for the same reason, ITS A TORRENT SITE. Im not here to judge the ppl im here to get what i came to get and help ET grow to the next level as a AA. Chat is what it is but there should be some controls tho (off topic now) wow.....

Ive spoken and now i must go.....

Msspanky

Dirk_Diggler avatar
Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 19:07
Author:
MSS you dont need to apologize. If anything you deserve an apology for being sucked into this and having your name slandered.

I think the witch hunt should stop.

Even If jj tells us who is the rat here who is going to believe him. I happen to think jj is onto something here and I belive he does know who this person is,As do I. But exposing this person will only add fuel to the fire and cause more contraversy.

Until the masked man comes foreward with a confession noone will know for a fact who this person is.

I say end the witch hunt and move on. Have fun!
1, 2  [Next]
Page 1 of 2   [ 23 posts ]

Post a Reply    

Forum Search

search in post message
  search in topic subject
Forum

Home - Browse Torrents - Upload Torrent - Stat - Forum - FAQ - Login
ExtraTorrent.cc is in compliance with copyrights
BitCoin: 12DiyqsWhENahDzdhdYsRrCw8FPQVcCkcm
Can't load ExtraTorrent? Try our official mirrors: etmirror.com - etproxy.com - extratorrentonline.com - extratorrentlive.com
2006-2017 ExtraTorrent.cc3