Hot torrents
H264 X264
View Torrent Info: Vengeance.A.Love.Story.2017.720p.BRRip.x264.AAC-ETRG
View Torrent Info: Moana.2016.BluRay.1080p.DTS.AC3.x264-ETRG
View Torrent Info: Assassins.Creed.2016.BluRay.720p.DTS.AC3.x264-ETRG
View Torrent Info: From.a.House.on.Willow.Street.2016.720p.WEBRip.x264.AAC-ETRG
Hot torrents
BluRay, 4k UHD
View Torrent Info: Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham 2001 Bluray 1080p x264 DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Passengers 2016 Multi UHD BluRay 2160p HEVC HDR10 DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Dont Kill It 2016 BluRay 1080p x264 DTSHD5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Warriors Gate 2016 1080p Bluray x264 DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
Hot torrents
Television
View Torrent Info: The.Walking.Dead.S07E15.WEB-DL.x264-FUM[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Into.the.Badlands.S02E02.WEB-DL.x264-FUM[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Time.After.Time.US.S01E05.HDTV.x264-LOL[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Elementary.S05E18.HDTV.x264-LOL[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna 2006 1080p Bluray x264 DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Yo-Kai Watch Movie (2014) x264 720p BluRay {Dual Audio} [Hindi ORG DD 2.0   Japanese 5.1] Exclusive By DREDD
View Torrent Info: Dil To Pagal Hai 1997 BluRay 1080P x264 DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Ho Mann Jahaan (2016) TVRIP 1CDRIP x264 AAC [DDR]
30s
Chat
To add new messages please Login or Register for FREE
Warning! Use a VPN When Downloading Torrents!
Your IP Address is 54.145.198.123.   Location is United States
Your Internet Provider and Government can track your torrent activity!  Hide your IP ADDRESS with a VPN!
ExtraTorrent strongly recommends using Trust.Zone VPN to anonymize your torrenting. It's FREE!
Get VPN Now for FREE!

How To Create and Upload a Torrent File

Post a Reply    Subscribe to Topic    
1, 2, 3, 4  [Next]
Page 1 of 4   [ 50 posts ]
AuthorMessage
No avatar
Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 01:42
Author:
82903055367915378305.gif

I have decided it was time to write up a nice little tutorial on how to create and upload a torrent. I have been reading the forums and have heard in chat that there a good number of people who are puzzled by this process. I have taken it upon myself to assist those people who need help so they can share with us what it is they wish to share. This tutorial will be written in a manner that assumes you have no idea what it is you are doing. For those of you out there who have a little knowledge but still are unsure about some of the elements of uploading then you may find this tut useful. For those of you out there, like myself, this tut will offer nothing in the way of help. I will be using Bittorrent 6.2 as my client (save your boos for later). The similarities between BT 6.2 and the ubiquitous UTorrent are astonishing. I don't think you will have any issues with translating the subtle differences. If you do happen to encounter issues and are unable to create and upload your first file then I have failed you as the tut writer, at which point I would encourage you to PM me. I will be more than glad to aid you in any manner in which I can.

17199149135370340908.jpg

To begin this process you will have to have a file you wish to upload. I am going to be using the example of Carole King (Tapestry). A few critical items to begin with will be found within your client.

34228362927755999903.jpg

Begin by opening up your client. On the top left of your client you will see you have the options of File, Options, and Help. You are going to want to click on "Options" and select "Preferences" from the drop down menu. For those of you who are all about shortcuts then simply press Ctl+P. Upon entering Preferences you will have the option of selecting many categories. The one we want is the "Directories" heading.

This particular setting is important because after you create your hash and upload it, the tracker will be looking to the directory you set to find the hash you will create.

As you can see in my client I have selected the path of D:\Torrents. I use a separate drive to do all of my torrenting with. You can choose whatever you wish. I would recommend (until you get the hang of this) to create a folder labeled "Torrents" and place it within "My Documents". It's an easy place to access and it keeps it off your desktop. If you have chosen to do this then your file path will look like this... C:\Documents and Settings\"name of computer"\My Documents\Torrents. Type or cut and paste this file path into the "Put New Downloads In:" and while you are here go ahead and put the same file path into the "Move Completed Downloads To:" Make sure to check boxes next to these fields as well as check the box "Only Move From The Default Download Directory"

With the file paths now created you will have no problems with any disk check errors. The example I have given above can be done differently but for this tutorial's sake we are going to make it easy and when you master what you are doing you may make any changes that fit your tastes better.

21905554061687577243.jpg

Now I am going to take my Carole King (Tapestry) album and I am going to place into the directory that corresponds with the file path I just created. Before creating the hash be sure you have all the components/elements you want placed inside of the file. With a music album I always place a worddoc inside and place all the scanned cover art in as well. Once you create the hash there is no adding or subtracting or modifying files (without re creating the hash) When you create a hash it is like taking a snapshot of the contents within. This is why you cannot rename a file or add a picture after the fact. Now there are different schools of thought on this next step but I go ahead and name the file as I would like to see it on ET. Example (1971) Carole King (Tapestry) @320 with Cover Art! (Inert01). So go ahead and name the file whatever you wish. I only stress this because it lessens any complications for a beginner. (This is how I learned)

Now that you have the file named open back up your client or maximize it. In the upper left hand corner of your client you will notice there are several icons. You may not know what all of them do but that isn't important at the moment. We are interested in "Create New Torrent". In BT 6.2 it is the Sun icon. If you are unsure which one it is on yours just mouse over the icons and read the description. Go ahead and click on it.

93468405599337711422.jpg

Now that you have done that you will see several fields that need your attention. To begin with you are going to want to either Add File or Add Directory. You may be asking what is the difference? If you only have one item, such as a movie file or a music track you would select "Add File" if you have a folder of goodies such as an entire album with cover art and a worddoc then you would want to select "Add Directory" Go ahead and click the appropriate button and go to the path you created earlier. For those of you with short term memory it was C:\Documents and Settings\"name of computer"\My Documents\Torrents and then the file.

Now that you have that done your next item on the agenda is to place trackers into the "Tracker" field. As a beginner you may have many questions about what is a tracker and where do I procure them. Not to fret... A BitTorrent tracker is a server that assists in the communication between peers using the BitTorrent protocol. It is also, in the absence of extensions to the original protocol, the only major critical point, as clients are required to communicate with the tracker to initiate downloads. Clients that have already begun downloading also communicate with the tracker periodically to negotiate with newer peers and provide statistics; however, after the initial reception of peer data, peer communication can continue without a tracker. (Wiki) For practical purposes it goes out and finds the file in demand and links it up with others who wish to have it as well. Now where do you get trackers? For the purposes of this tut we are going to get our trackers from ExtraTorrent.

96795086418678286944.jpg

You must be a member to upload a torrent on ExtraTorrent so if you are not a member you will not have access to the trackers for your files. If you are unregistered then take a brief moment to become a growing part of something great. Once you are a member you will have a tab up top of your screen that says "Upload a Torrent" Click on this tab. If you haven't read the upload rules I advise you take a moment to do so to avoid any problems. At the bottom of the agreement you will see a list of http:\\ trackers. You are going to want to cut and paste those into the "Tracker" field within your client. If you end up with a # in front of http:\\ then you are going to want to delete that out of there. You should now notice that you have 7 trackers in this field (minus the #s) What you are going to want to do next is to make sure there is a space between all of your trackers. You may refer to the screenshot above if you do not understand this. Go ahead and minimize ET for now because we will be returning shortly.

Now that you have those pesky trackers out of the way you have just one more field to contend with, and that is the field of comment. Whatever you place in this field is what the name of the hash will be. I know people do this differently but I would stick with the name you have already selected above (the name you would like to see on the torrent page) and place it here. I myself use a little shortcut so I don't make a mistake with spelling. I go up to the "Select Source" beneath Create New Torrent in the same area and copy and paste in the information. As you will notice I already have a comment in my field as that was the last file I created. Simply click within that field hit "end" and then delete whatever's in there, out.(Although if you already have something in this field then you probably already know how to do this) Now paste the file name in here. I usually double check everything at this point (because I'm paranoid) When you are satisfied that everything looks good then click "Create and Save As"

47932351681993874722.jpg

When you hit this button it is going to ask you where you want to save this file. You are going to want to save the hash within the folder of the file you created. Mine is going to be saved into (1971) Carole King (Tapestry) @320 with Cover Art! (Inert01). At this point you have the option of creating another hash or exiting. We are going to exit. Now go ahead and go back to C:\Documents and Settings\"name of computer"\My Documents\Torrents and open up the file to verify that the hash is in there. It should look similar to what I have in the screenshot. At this point I always back up my hash into another folder I have, but that is entirely up to you.

Now that you have created your hash you are ready to upload. This is the exciting part! Log back into ExtraTorrent or maximize your screen (if you minimized it earlier) Click onto the "Upload a Torrent" tab and read the upload rules if you didn't already. Navigate your way to where it says "Torrent File" and click "Browse". You are now going to browse to the file where you saw your hash just a little bit ago and select it.

Select Category is pretty self explanatory but some people still haven't figured it out. If you do not select the right category people will have a much more difficult time locating it.

Info URL is nice to provide the downloader with an outside source of information pertaining to your upload.

For the name I do as I did above and copy and paste in the file name. Whatever you put in this line is what will appear to the user who logs in to download your file. Be aware of "&" as it displays "&" and don't include any apostrophes. There may be more nuances I am unaware of but these two are two you should avoid. You can also instead of copying and pasting the name of your file into the field check the "Generate Name From Torrent File" box.

Language is optional but is nice since there are international uploaders here. This will place the appropriate flag in front of your file to let others know whether it is in English or whatever other language.

Now you have the description box. DO NOT LEAVE THIS BLANK! Be as descriptive as you possibly can. I usually create a file before hand and copy and paste it. Whatever works for you. After you accept the rules and terms of use you may hit "Upload Torrent!" You have now just uploaded your first torrent. After you upload you can check it and have the option of editing it. It will be the paper and pencil icon. ET provides many handy options here to personalize and make unique your own file. Try messing around with font, size, color... add a picture (be sure you have uploaded that image to an imagehost first... e.g. TorrentLeech.org) put a snazzy YouTube video up. Go wild, have fun. That is the spirit of ET.

This concludes my first tutorial for ET. I hope that all of you who were in need of answers were able to find solace in this tut's instructions. As stated earlier if you are unable to create and upload a file then take a moment to PM me and I will do my best help you out. Please do not PM me if you have not exhausted this resource. I am pretty sure I have hit all angles and have provided some "what to look fors" The screenshots should go a long way as well.

80090759649048755854.gif
W1ck3d1nt3ntz avatar
Posted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 03:12
Author: Site Friend
Don't rar you're uploads. Just put all the songs you want into a folder and create a metafile based on that folder. When uploaded it will include all the songs within the folder. Hope this helps.
No avatar
Posted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 04:04
Author:
If Wickie's tip didn't help, you can PM me and I'll help you out the best I can :D
ghostman avatar
Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 01:58
Author: Trusted UploaderSite FriendSuperman
ok i have original post here is the link cheers
been having it since the first day i joined
http://extratorrent.cc/article/119/how+to+create+torrents+upload+them+to+et.html
4JIMi2sTEXAS0 avatar
Posted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 19:58
Author:
nice post inert !!!
Shedevil avatar
Posted: Tue May 04, 2010 00:20
Author:
ok lets try and keep this on the first page guys as so many come into chat asking bout this
abking avatar
Posted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 15:28
Author:
thank you for the gr8 post
frente avatar
Posted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:04
Author:
Thanks for the help, I have been guided by my friend here. .

I want to ask is that how a torrent can gain a great seed [1000+]?

horrorbag avatar
Posted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:12
Author:
thanks alot very helpful.....ET the place to be........;)
ic3m4l3 avatar
Posted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 14:38
Author:
ghostman wrote:
ok i have original post here is the link cheers
been having it since the first day i joined
http://extratorrent.cc/article/119/how+to+create+torrents+upload+them+to+et.html

yes ghostman this link i hav also used MUCH btter than this one
No avatar
Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 06:45
Author:
i have uploaded a torrent to extatorrent. But how does another user search for it and get access to the torrent file. Any torrent search from a site like torrentz.com is not able to locate this torrent. Only if i search for it on extatorrent.com, it is found. So how do i make my torrent visible to other torrent seach sites like torrentz.com

Big_A_Little_A avatar
Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 07:01
Author: Site FriendSupermanimmortal
raghavkumar wrote:
i have uploaded a torrent to extatorrent. But how does another user search for it and get access to the torrent file. Any torrent search from a site like torrentz.com is not able to locate this torrent. Only if i search for it on extatorrent.com, it is found. So how do i make my torrent visible to other torrent seach sites like torrentz.com

you would need to upload it to the site that you want it to be visible at.
with you only uploading it to ET,it is only on the ET data base,but looking at it seems some one has taken it and up'ed it to other sites anyway see HERE
No avatar
Posted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 08:52
Author:
Thanks

I'm Back
Spunky avatar
Posted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:29
Author:
can you plz tel me how to add a screenshots, itz in my pc...I CANT DIRECTLY paste it.,, plz help.. :)
DSK avatar
Posted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:35
Author: Blocked
nice post insert :appericate ur hard workgreensmilies-012.gif
1, 2, 3, 4  [Next]
Page 1 of 4   [ 50 posts ]

Post a Reply    

Forum Search

search in post message
  search in topic subject
Forum

Home - Browse Torrents - Upload Torrent - Stat - Forum - FAQ - Login
ExtraTorrent.cc is in compliance with copyrights
BitCoin: 12DiyqsWhENahDzdhdYsRrCw8FPQVcCkcm
Can't load ExtraTorrent? Try our official mirrors: etmirror.com - etproxy.com - extratorrentonline.com - extratorrentlive.com
2006-2017 ExtraTorrent.cc6