H264 X264
View Torrent Info: The.Matchbreaker.2016.720p.BRRip.x264.AAC-ETRG
View Torrent Info: Underworld - Blood.Wars.2016.BluRay.720p.DTS.AC3.x264-ETRG
View Torrent Info: Cars.2006.720p.BluRay.x264.AAC-ETRG
View Torrent Info: Sing.2016.BluRay.720p.DTS.AC3.x264-ETRG
Hot torrents
BluRay, 4k UHD
View Torrent Info: Hidden Figures 2016 Multi 1080p BluRay x264 DTSHD 7.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Passengers 2016 Multi UHD BluRay 2160p HEVC HDR10 DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Dont Kill It 2016 BluRay 1080p x264 DTSHD5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Warriors Gate 2016 1080p Bluray x264 DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
Hot torrents
Television
View Torrent Info: DCs.Legends.of.Tomorrow.S02E16.HDTV.x264-LOL[ettv]
View Torrent Info: The.Flash.2014.S03E18.HDTV.x264-LOL[ettv]
View Torrent Info: NCIS.S14E19.HDTV.x264-LOL[ettv]
View Torrent Info: NCIS.New.Orleans.S03E19.HDTV.x264-KILLERS[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Ambuli (2012) x264 720p HDRiP {Dual Audio} [Hindi ORG DD 2.0   Telugu 2.0] Exclusive By DREDD
View Torrent Info: Running Shaadi (2017) DVDRIP 1CDRIP x264 AAC ESub [DDR]
View Torrent Info: Kaaval (2015) 720p UNCUT HDRip x264 Eng Subs [Dual Audio] [Hindi DD 2.0 - Tamil 2.0] Exclusive By -=!Dr.STAR!=-
View Torrent Info: Hidden.Figures.2016.1080p.BRRip.x264.Turkish.AC3-ETRG
30s
Chat
To add new messages please Login or Register for FREE
Warning! Stop Government from Tracking Your Torrenting!
Your IP Address is 54.204.199.76.   Location is United States
Your Internet Provider and Government can track your internet activity! Hide your IP and LOCATION with a VPN
ExtraTorrent strongly recommends using Trust.Zone VPN to anonymize your torrenting. It's FREE!
HIDE ME NOW

The absolute dummies guide to fixing your torrent trackerlist

Post a Reply    Subscribe to Topic    
AuthorMessage
Mulva1989 avatar
Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 09:15
Author: Trusted UploaderSite FriendET junkieET loverGirl
The absolute dummies guide to fixing your torrent trackerlist
I've been explaining this numerous times lately so I figured it would be helpful to put a guide up here.

Disclaimer:
That you got sent here or stumbled upon it out of interest doesn't mean you're a dummy, the title just indicates this tutorial is suited for people, animals and bro's of all ages.

This guide will show you step by step how to easily edit the trackers in an active torrent while maintaining the same torrent hash (which means you won't loose your current seeders).
This can be useful if:
- Your torrent has more then the maximum of 15 allowed trackers.
- Your torrent has active seeders but shows up dead on ExtraTorrent, which indicates a dead tracker list.

I'm gonna use one of my old torrents as example. As you can see in the image below, it shows up dead :(.
6b7075a859c1fc9d9af1e26b33d0d2b7.md.jpg
Click to enlarge

1. Load your torrent into torrenteditor
Go to http://torrenteditor.com/.
You can either upload a .torrent file from your computer or use the download link from ExtraTorrent.
Choose either one and press "Edit it!"
f5dffaed968f314089c46a9785b3a2ac.md.jpg
Click to enlarge

2. Edit the trackerlist
You now get a list of your current trackers, dead ones will be highlighted red.
ce27cd514b6d8c4f12d96af657797bc3.md.jpg
Click to enlarge

Trackers come and go all the time, that's why it is important to have multiple trackers (Yes I know about DHT/PEX.. but that's beyond the scope of this guide).
For lists of recent working trackerlists visit this thread : https://extratorrent.cc/forum/topic/7621/suggested+public+trackers.html
(side note: Since ET does not scrape from http trackers it's advice-able to make the majority of your trackerlist udp trackers.)

Now edit the list accordingly, so remove/replace the dead ones and/or remove the excess trackers.
Scroll to the bottom and press 'update'. This will refresh the stats on your new trackerlist.
d33304622d70aaf831046a9723cdfb4b.md.jpg
Click to enlarge

If all is done and well you can scroll to the bottom and press 'download'. This will give you your new and fixed .torrent file.
9dcd6df17a1cb7fcdba16ea4f68eef60.jpg

3. Delete your current torrent and clear it's hash
Because we're keeping the same hash, ET will see it as duplicate upload, hence you will have to delete the old one before you can upload the new one.
You can do this by posting your torrent in this thread : https://extratorrent.cc/forum/topic/21512/please+delete+my+torrent.html
You'll have to indicate that you're re-uploading, so that staff will know to clear the torrent hash.
something simple like this will suffice :
"
Please delete the following torrent and clear it's hash.
Reason : Re-upload with new trackerlist
https://extratorrent.cc/torrent/4252836/Anger+Management+-+Season+1+Complete+%2B+extras+-+720p+BrRip+EN-SUB+x264-%5BMULVAcoded%5D.html
"
If you don't have 10 reputation points you cannot post URLs in the forum, in this case you can either remove the https:// part or you can post the hash.

4. Re-upload torrent and watch the magic
After staff has deleted your current torrent (you'll be notified via PM) you can upload the new torrent as usual.
Now when you click the "Update Seeds & Leechers Stat >" button you will now see ET shows live trackers and the correct seeders/leechers stats.
94baec1d6382bfa015c4f9ca568f69ec.md.jpg
Click to enlarge

Extra tip
If you have a bunch of torrents you'd like to edit or have to do this on a regular basis, it's probably more practical to use a little app called 'Bittorrent Tracker Editor'. This app will let you batchedit torrents and has the option to preset a trackerlist. Windows/Linux/Mac versions are available for download here --> https://github.com/GerryFerdinandus/bittorrent-tracker-editor/releases
TEZ avatar
Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:07
Author: ModeratorTrusted UploaderSupermanmenTurtle
Online torrent editors are awful,better off just grabbing the tracker editor software from the link provided at the bottom of the opening post under "Extra tip",it's so simple and easy a monkey could use it.
(No monkeys were exploited or experimented with to derive at the latter,it's just an analogy)

Even easier if you have a seedbox and the torrent is loaded in ruTorrent,right click on the torrent,select "Edit Torrent...",change the trackers and also add and/or change comment if desired,hit ok and that's it,done,to obtain the edited torrent file right click on the torrent,select "Get .torrent" and download it.
Mulva1989 avatar
Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 14:39
TEZ wrote:
Online torrent editors are awful,better off just grabbing the tracker editor software from the link provided at the bottom of the opening post under "Extra tip",it's so simple and easy a monkey could use it.
(No monkeys were exploited or experimented with to derive at the latter,it's just an analogy)

Even easier if you have a seedbox and the torrent is loaded in ruTorrent,right click on the torrent,select "Edit Torrent...",change the trackers and also add and/or change comment if desired,hit ok and that's it,done,to obtain the edited torrent file right click on the torrent,select "Get .torrent" and download it.
You're right ..
It is easy.. I'll just tell people to PM you from now who have tracker problems. Seeing you're good with monkeys and all...
menin avatar
Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 14:47
Author: Trusted UploaderSite FriendET junkieET loverKittymenTurtle
Yawn :D
LRS avatar
Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 15:25
Author: AdminSun
Thanks for the tut Mulva lot's of the trial uploaders who have been having issues with Incorrect announce URL error msg here might find it helpful :)
SRIGGA avatar
Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 17:50
Author: Moderator
Great tutorial indeed, thank you for taking the time to make this tut mulva, i think this step by step tut will be very helpful for the members that doesn't really know what they need to do fix the trackers issue, rather then letting Some tool do all the work for you like how some tools likes to do. at least this way members will understand and learn from this if in any case the tool stop working
No avatar
Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:56
Author: Trusted UploaderET junkieTurtle
Mulva,

That was a really useful guide, thank-you. Some of my torrents were indeed showing up dead on ET, though clearly seeding from my end. I updated the trackers in the torrent program with those ET recommends and nothing changed. Now I know why.

Thank you again - much appreciated.

ElsonRoa
Mulva1989 avatar
Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 13:01
ElsonRoa wrote:
Mulva,

That was a really useful guide, thank-you. Some of my torrents were indeed showing up dead on ET, though clearly seeding from my end. I updated the trackers in the torrent program with those ET recommends and nothing changed. Now I know why.

Thank you again - much appreciated.

ElsonRoa
If you mean the one you just deleted and re-uploaded...
https://extratorrent.cc/torrent/5099455/BBC+Young+Musician+of+the+Year+2016+-+Keyboard+Final.html

It does show seeds now.
TEZ avatar
Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 14:23
Author: ModeratorTrusted UploaderSupermanmenTurtle
Mulva1989 wrote:
TEZ wrote:

You're right ..
It is easy.. I'll just tell people to PM you from now who have tracker problems. Seeing you're good with monkeys and all...

Be my guest,nothing new
DJ_Digital_Majik avatar
Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 16:57
Author: Trusted UploaderET loverTurtle
thanks Mulva

excellent tut - very useful. i appreciate your time to create this
i learned something today
gonna try this now

Post a Reply    

Forum Search

search in post message
  search in topic subject
Forum

Home - Browse Torrents - Upload Torrent - Stat - Forum - FAQ - Login
ExtraTorrent.cc is in compliance with copyrights
BitCoin: 12DiyqsWhENahDzdhdYsRrCw8FPQVcCkcm
Can't load ExtraTorrent? Try our official mirrors: etmirror.com - etproxy.com - extratorrentonline.com - extratorrentlive.com
2006-2017 ExtraTorrent.cc6