H264 X264
View Torrent Info: The.Matchbreaker.2016.720p.BRRip.x264.AAC-ETRG
View Torrent Info: Underworld - Blood.Wars.2016.BluRay.720p.DTS.AC3.x264-ETRG
View Torrent Info: Cars.2006.720p.BluRay.x264.AAC-ETRG
View Torrent Info: Sing.2016.BluRay.720p.DTS.AC3.x264-ETRG
Hot torrents
BluRay, 4k UHD
View Torrent Info: Hidden Figures 2016 Multi 1080p BluRay x264 DTSHD 7.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Passengers 2016 Multi UHD BluRay 2160p HEVC HDR10 DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Dont Kill It 2016 BluRay 1080p x264 DTSHD5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Warriors Gate 2016 1080p Bluray x264 DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
Hot torrents
Television
View Torrent Info: DCs.Legends.of.Tomorrow.S02E16.HDTV.x264-LOL[ettv]
View Torrent Info: The.Flash.2014.S03E18.HDTV.x264-LOL[ettv]
View Torrent Info: NCIS.S14E19.HDTV.x264-LOL[ettv]
View Torrent Info: NCIS.New.Orleans.S03E19.HDTV.x264-KILLERS[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Running Shaadi (2017) DVDRIP 1CDRIP x264 AAC ESub [DDR]
View Torrent Info: Kaaval (2015) 720p UNCUT HDRip x264 Eng Subs [Dual Audio] [Hindi DD 2.0 - Tamil 2.0] Exclusive By -=!Dr.STAR!=-
View Torrent Info: Hidden.Figures.2016.1080p.BRRip.x264.Turkish.AC3-ETRG
View Torrent Info: Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham 2001 Bluray 1080p x264 DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
30s
Chat
To add new messages please Login or Register for FREE
Warning! Use a VPN When Downloading Torrents!
Your IP Address is 50.16.97.96.   Location is United States
Your Internet Provider and Government can track your torrent activity!  Hide your IP ADDRESS with a VPN!
ExtraTorrent strongly recommends using Trust.Zone VPN to anonymize your torrenting. It's FREE!
Get VPN Now for FREE!

Religious Discussion - Go to church or a mosque and debate it there, not here (closed)

[Prev]  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  [Next]
Page 5 of 6   [ 79 posts ]
AuthorMessage
Mulva1989 avatar
Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 03:48
Author: Trusted UploaderSite FriendET junkieET loverGirl
humility wrote:
To MULVA - Are these the questions you want answered?

Why is that that so? Why can't a non-christian call you out on breaking bible values?
Aren't the rules all the same no matter who said it? If I misinterpreted those verses and gave different meaning to them then by all means edify me.. It's not my intention to twist your bible words to my advantage. But the rulebook is there for everyone..

You said you agreed with what I told Tommy.. So why still the repulsion that I said it? I do not claim to know the bible or religion better then any of you 2.. but if 1 goes and break the bible rules that I do know of while preaching about his reserved seat in heaven ... Then it only feels fair to point out to him that he might be getting ahead of himself.

Okay Mulva, I don't like redefining the WORD but for you I'll make an exception. First, let's state the issue. You quoted verses from the Bible regarding judgement of fellow sinners. As a boy, I was told to behave myself and mind the adults. If I were visiting my cousin and Uncle Olin (his Dad) told me to go home, I skedaddled as quickly as I could out of their house and went home. I never made him tell me twice. Never in all my years! The same was true of his Mama. She was a big heavyset woman and had over 18 kids. What a family they were! If she barked at me, I listened. In those situations, it wasn't what they had to say as much as who they were saying it to me. If one of my girl cousins told me to go home, I listened but I wasn't so quick to leave the house. It had to come from an authority figure before I'd take notice. The same was true at school. If another teacher told me to do something, I did it. She wasn't my teacher but I knew she carried the weight of the Principal in her words to me. All she had to do was report me for not obeying her and I'd pretty much get my butt beat. What you did was take profound words from the HOLY BIBLE and cast them out at all of us like it was common knowledge? As an Atheist you cannot render those words justice! You are incapable of fully understanding their meaning regardless of what you say different. To me and others maybe, when you open your mouth saying words like that, it can only be coming from Satan himself. I don't know what makes a person an Atheist. I don't know if they feel things like I do as a Christian. I won't give you credit and say that you are just as human as I am. If that were true, you'd be a Christian. Whatever makes you different disturbs me? It's like BADTOY said. Most non-believers have a closed mind and there in lies Satan. God has special people here on earth to confront Satan and his followers. The Bible is not just a Rulebook!! It teaches us how to think like a Christian does. Those verses about judgement (to me) aren't telling me I can't judge you. It is warning me I should be aware of the consequences if I do judge you. Jesus doesn't like for us to judge each other for our sins. That's why he came into being.

Back to Tommy, Tommy has his views and you have yours. I have mine. Tommy is going to interpret those verses literally just as you did. I don't. I don't think BADTOY does either. You say you have the right to point out parts of the Bible to fellow Christians who are being hypocritical. No, you really don't have that right. It's like giving the Koran to a Christian and telling him what the Koran says about this or that. The Muslims are trying to explain to Christians and the world that the traditional Muslim doesn't believe in terrorism and jihad, etc. In our country, we must be brainwashed because every time they show a terrorist on TV, he looks like he is from the Middle East. They call them home grown and they look like Middle Eastern races. I think that's why SAM wisely removed the upload to avoid WWIII here.
That is ridiculous .. I agree that as non-Christian I do not possess as much bible knowledge so misinterpreting the words of your bible book is something that could happen easily.. But if I get it right (as you agreed with earlier) then it's ridiculous that only the 'worthy' ones may speak those words. Your analogy about authority is not right.. all your examples are about stuff you're reluctant to do .. So ofcourse you won't be as eager to listen if you have the feeling that you don't have to. But in this case you do want to believe in Jesus and you do want to follow the righteous path towards saving your soul. It doesn't matter if the devil himself tells you it.. as long as the words as right and true and it would behoove you to listen to them, it would be really stupid if you reject them based on who told you. If you're not sure about the words, then fair enough.. you don't want to be bamboozled by the devil.. But if you know them to be true.. then ignoring them would just be throwing yourself off the right path.
humility wrote:
I don't know what makes a person an Atheist. I don't know if they feel things like I do as a Christian. I won't give you credit and say that you are just as human as I am. If that were true, you'd be a Christian.
Anyway.. since you you already told us that you see every non-Christian as less of a person, I don't think there is really any possible way to have a normal discussion about this with you. If you're predetermined opinion of all who do not share your beliefs is that they are beneath you and that the devil resides in them.. Then any discussion can only lead to a heated fight. You talk about Muslims and terrorism but this primitive way of thinking that you show us is exactly what leads extremists into war and terror. So I guess somewhere we should be glad that you only have the guts or resources to spread your word via a keyboard..
SleazyMale avatar
Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 03:58
Author: Site FriendET junkieET loverSupermanSunTurtle
humility wrote:
What are you doing Sleazy? Look at what you did! Act your age and stop pestering the adults. We're trying to have a serious conversation here. My ears are still ringing from your post!! Don't come around me or I'll get my double barrel shotgun out with birdshot!

WTF!? I am just posting something to debate on which is this topic motto so if I see flaws in your beliefs then I post something about it and you counter it that's call a debate right? so if I don't share your belief's I am inferior? I can't be even around you now? Okay you are showing your true colors here mate, if that's what a True self pro claimed christian is then I am so glad I don't share your beliefs and believe me I have met countless christian in real life and they don't act like you!.
humility avatar
Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 04:33
Author: Site FriendET junkieET loverKitty
That is ridiculous .. I agree that as non-Christian I do not possess as much bible knowledge so misinterpreting the words of your bible book is something that could happen easily..

Mulva, stop using the words "Non-Christian". That term includes Jews, Hindu, Muslims, Buddhists, etc.

But if I get it right (as you agreed with earlier) then it's ridiculous that only the 'worthy' ones may speak those words. Your analogy about authority is not right..

They call them preachers and pastors. Prophets and religious leaders - I'm none of these!!! All these people are lead by God to preach to the masses. I have not received any such calling.

It doesn't matter if the devil himself tells you it.. as long as the words as right and true and it would behoove you to listen to them, it would be really stupid if you reject them based on who told you.

It's clear to me that you do not know my enemy as well as I know him. If you think Satan is something to be trifled with, you are being foolish. You risk my soul in the process. From my viewpoint, I consider words coming from you inspired by Satan himself. I'm not a big fish so maybe he is speaking through you with one of his lesser angels but I am smart enough to know I should avoid evil no matter what.

If you're not sure about the words, then fair enough.. you don't want to be bamboozled by the devil.. But if you know them to be true.. then ignoring them would just be throwing yourself off the right path.

Lucifer tempted the Lord just like this. He spoke to Jesus trying to get him to listen to him as well. And then he finally told Lucifer, "But Jesus declared Do not put the Lord your God to the test." When the devil had finished every temptation, he left Jesus until an opportune time.

Anyway.. since you you already told us that you see every non-Christian as less of a person,
Every non-Christian - That's your words, not mine. You aren't just a non-Christian. You have made a choice and picked your path. You want to include those still trying to figure things out. I never used the words less of a person either. You're better than this Mulva. Don't put words in my mouth and run into the crowd saying, "Look here, Look here at what Humility just said!" You only create havoc and mislead people.

I don't think there is really any possible way to have a normal discussion about this with you. If you're predetermined opinion of all who do not share your beliefs is that they are beneath you and that the devil resides in them..

Again, this is not what I said. I answered your questions. You accused me of not answering them. I answered them. So now you accuse me of taking unreasonable attitudes in discussing this topic.

Then any discussion can only lead to a heated fight.

What I believe is out in the open! What I have been saying is this. You cannot simply pick and choose words from the Bible, write them down here and send them off in your rocket launcher. You must spend years studying the Bible before you can understand it. It's unlike any other piece of literature in the world. Studying the bible will give you a frame of mind in which you can interpret what you are reading. As I said before, I don't know how an Atheist thinks. I may say something thinking you should be able to understand me but I'd be wrong. How can I expect you to understand me and my beliefs? You can't understand until the Holy Spirit goes to work on you. If you want the Holy Spirit to come into your life, kneel and pray to God to send him. If you need proof he lives in you, ask God to send you proof he exists within you. I don't feel comfortable witnessing to you about my faith. I suffer from a lot of guilt over my sins and even though I'm comfortable they have been forgiven, the shame weighs heavily on my mind.

You talk about Muslims and terrorism but this primitive way of thinking that you show us is exactly what leads extremists into war and terror.

MULVA, You have oversimplified why we have terrorism and all seem to be Muslims. They are fighting a holy war against the world. They believe they will come back as martyrs. My religion says different. It's never okay to kill people.

So I guess somewhere we should be glad that you only have the guts or resources to spread your word via a keyboard.. I'm not too motivated because I don't believe you seek understanding. The door is closed for you as well. Your comments have become confrontational and hostile. I'm going to be reluctant talking to you about religion because Lucifer is real. He scares me. I've seen evil before and have come face to face with it. I'm not Job! I'm really not qualified to talk to you about religion. I set a horrible example. I want to enter heaven like a child. I don't need complex explanations or a kiss from the POPE!
humility avatar
Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 04:37
Author: Site FriendET junkieET loverKitty
Sleazy, stop your antics and don't post huge printed comments like before. It's rude and annoying. Of course I want to hear from you but cut out the antics. We can tell when someone is commenting just to stir the pot and those who comment to make a grounded rebuttal.

Sorry but sleep is overtaking me. I just can't type anymore. I'll see you all back here tomorrow. Keep this tread going people. Let's hear from more of you!
SleazyMale avatar
Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 04:43
Author: Site FriendET junkieET loverSupermanSunTurtle
humility wrote:
Sleazy, stop your antics and don't post huge printed comments like before. It's rude and annoying. Of course I want to hear from you but cut out the antics. We can tell when someone is commenting just to stir the pot and those who comment to make a grounded rebuttal.

What antics?? whoever wrote that text has got a pretty good point there and is worth sharing here and I agree with whatever he wrote is made up but isn't that all made up? there is no actual evidence of it all right? So again we are back to square one beliefs vs beliefs so if you can't counter it then that's ok too but you can't stop me from posting them.
Mulva1989 avatar
Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 05:22
Author: Trusted UploaderSite FriendET junkieET loverGirl
humility wrote:
That is ridiculous .. I agree that as non-Christian I do not possess as much bible knowledge so misinterpreting the words of your bible book is something that could happen easily..

Mulva, stop using the words "Non-Christian". That term includes Jews, Hindu, Muslims, Buddhists, etc.

But if I get it right (as you agreed with earlier) then it's ridiculous that only the 'worthy' ones may speak those words. Your analogy about authority is not right..

They call them preachers and pastors. Prophets and religious leaders - I'm none of these!!! All these people are lead by God to preach to the masses. I have not received any such calling.

It doesn't matter if the devil himself tells you it.. as long as the words as right and true and it would behoove you to listen to them, it would be really stupid if you reject them based on who told you.

It's clear to me that you do not know my enemy as well as I know him. If you think Satan is something to be trifled with, you are being foolish. You risk my soul in the process. From my viewpoint, I consider words coming from you inspired by Satan himself. I'm not a big fish so maybe he is speaking through you with one of his lesser angels but I am smart enough to know I should avoid evil no matter what.

If you're not sure about the words, then fair enough.. you don't want to be bamboozled by the devil.. But if you know them to be true.. then ignoring them would just be throwing yourself off the right path.

Lucifer tempted the Lord just like this. He spoke to Jesus trying to get him to listen to him as well. And then he finally told Lucifer, "But Jesus declared Do not put the Lord your God to the test." When the devil had finished every temptation, he left Jesus until an opportune time.

Anyway.. since you you already told us that you see every non-Christian as less of a person,
Every non-Christian - That's your words, not mine. You aren't just a non-Christian. You have made a choice and picked your path. You want to include those still trying to figure things out. I never used the words less of a person either. You're better than this Mulva. Don't put words in my mouth and run into the crowd saying, "Look here, Look here at what Humility just said!" You only create havoc and mislead people.

I don't think there is really any possible way to have a normal discussion about this with you. If you're predetermined opinion of all who do not share your beliefs is that they are beneath you and that the devil resides in them..

Again, this is not what I said. I answered your questions. You accused me of not answering them. I answered them. So now you accuse me of taking unreasonable attitudes in discussing this topic.

Then any discussion can only lead to a heated fight.

What I believe is out in the open! What I have been saying is this. You cannot simply pick and choose words from the Bible, write them down here and send them off in your rocket launcher. You must spend years studying the Bible before you can understand it. It's unlike any other piece of literature in the world. Studying the bible will give you a frame of mind in which you can interpret what you are reading. As I said before, I don't know how an Atheist thinks. I may say something thinking you should be able to understand me but I'd be wrong. How can I expect you to understand me and my beliefs? You can't understand until the Holy Spirit goes to work on you. If you want the Holy Spirit to come into your life, kneel and pray to God to send him. If you need proof he lives in you, ask God to send you proof he exists within you. I don't feel comfortable witnessing to you about my faith. I suffer from a lot of guilt over my sins and even though I'm comfortable they have been forgiven, the shame weighs heavily on my mind.

You talk about Muslims and terrorism but this primitive way of thinking that you show us is exactly what leads extremists into war and terror.

MULVA, You have oversimplified why we have terrorism and all seem to be Muslims. They are fighting a holy war against the world. They believe they will come back as martyrs. My religion says different. It's never okay to kill people.

So I guess somewhere we should be glad that you only have the guts or resources to spread your word via a keyboard.. I'm not too motivated because I don't believe you seek understanding. The door is closed for you as well. Your comments have become confrontational and hostile. I'm going to be reluctant talking to you about religion because Lucifer is real. He scares me. I've seen evil before and have come face to face with it. I'm not Job! I'm really not qualified to talk to you about religion. I set a horrible example. I want to enter heaven like a child. I don't need complex explanations or a kiss from the POPE!
Well Goll-lee you got me ..
But don't you worry my dearest Paul... I will make you stray from your path. make you see the real light.. The more you bury yourself in that book of lies.. the bigger the chance that you'll never see me coming... As you know I have many disguises...

If you really want to go to that teletubby place that they explained to you as heavenly... I'll make sure you're gonna have to give Job a run for his money to get there.

I'll leave this thread to you now.. it is no longer of interest to me.
kissing_heart.png ...Until then...
ozi avatar
Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 05:51
Author: SuperAdmin
SleazyMale wrote:
humility wrote:

What antics?? whoever wrote that text has got a pretty good point there and is worth sharing here and I agree with whatever he wrote is made up but isn't that all made up? there is no actual evidence of it all right? So again we are back to square one beliefs vs beliefs so if you can't counter it then that's ok too but you can't stop me from posting them.

if this is escalating in reference to my satan post blame the people that wrote these books because they all have inconsistencies
it is them who distributed all this into the minds of humans
it is them that say only there religion is the correct one
it is them that keep updating there holy books
it is them that sell you those holy books from the lovely price that starts from $30
it is them selling you prophets and information that is supposed to be free

it is us that pays for your priests church
it is us that pays for your priests home
it is us that pays for your priests food

if god is one and jesus is god then him being the late comer to religion means he isn't
why? i dont know read those books they write

but this all sounds so confusing doesn't it?
again blame the people that write these books

i do believe that someone or something put us on this earth and gave us free will

i dont believe nasa explanation to our existence which is...
one day in space when there was nothing.... but wait theirs more
then the nothingness exploded
instead of the nothingness destroying its surroundings like every other explosion
the nothingness explosion smashed rocks against each other and created earth/planets/matter/dna/life
but wait there is more and this is the ridiculous part
after earth was formed which was basically a giant rock burning.. volcanoes erupting continuously
the now burnt to death dna came to life

now thats all a crock of shit because today humans cant make dna/life/planets or anything else living by smashing things together and we certainly can not give life to something that is dead

but whatever they still teach all this to our children and give them no other choice but to accept it
19tommy59 avatar
Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 05:57
Author: ModeratorTrue Love
Mulva1989 wrote:
19tommy59 wrote:
you dont know how to help all of them? then you are not a Christian and oh my I will pray for your soul.
I find it weird that some people blatantly call the OP out saying he's not a real Christian (while obvious the OP believes he very much is).. But when someone says the very same thing to him, they are a moron and an idiot..

A few bible verses come to mind...
Luke 6:37
"Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven"
Matthew 7:1
"Do not judge, so that you will not be judged, since you will be judged in the same judgment that you make, and you will be measured by the same standard you apply."

If the comments made to you felt insulting.. then I guess thy should not have judged Tommy....
the first thing Christians should know is how to help those who have not accepted Christ,its religion 1a, you share the steps to accepting Christ as your lord and savior,show them how they too can be saved it is so easy so when I hear a professed christian say that and I quote"dont know how to help them" then I tell them you are not a christian,if you were, the way to help them, is obvious and self evident,you say I am judging? I say I am just stating what is obvious to me, can you tell me that you know what I said is incorrect? no you cant, but I cant just ignore imperical evidence,saying what he said is akin to a fireman saying I dont know how to help put out a fire! Im not judging so you can say what you want and keep googling bible verses to suit your needs,srigga was being antagonistic by making false statements as usual trying to stir up the crap and it irritated me, I reacted and used words that I believe were milquetoast in relation to what he deserves and I know I will be judged as we all will but I have no fear of that day, as a matter of fact, I welcome the day as it means that I will no longer have to read idiotic statements from people not even involved in the conversation,I was speaking to one person, at least my comments were, sharing my beliefs brings me joy, now you may not believe that, but its true and I wonder what your reasons are for coming to play capitan savahoe? does it bring you joy to try to prove someone wrong? are you not judging? you believe I need to re read scripture you googled? I will gladly re read them if you could at least get them right,go to a site next time that quotes scripture correctly or I could share it with you if you would like? not likely huh? didnt think so anyway if you are through feeling holier than thou than I will take leave of you and this topic it has become too contentious.
badtoy91 avatar
Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 06:46
Author: Blocked
humility actually has a point here but i think he may have misstated or oversimplified what he is meaning. I also think it is wrong to say what "every christian" should....Because like limbs on the body of a person, each limb in the body of Christ has a function, each has its own gifts. And while Christ commanded the disciples, his priests to go out into the world, preach the Gospel, minister to the sick and downtrodden and cast out demons He also acknowledged others had other gifts and functions within His church, which was noty a building or a specific place. He said in Matthew 18:20 "For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them." Man has a tendency to twist and distort things to suit himself when he gets involved.

But to get back to it - I recall way before I was a Christian, when people at large were concerned for my soul some people visited me at my apartment, they were all armed with big floppy bibles, they were polite, unassuming, non aggressive and kind. Eventually we arrived at a point where the leader of the group read from John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life". Afterward, he explained a bit further, he asked me a few questions and then proceeded to close the deal for my soul by asking if I accepted what had been read and what he had said. I mustve mumbled something he took as yes and he closed by getting me to commit myself to Jesus Christ as my Lord and Saviour.

At that point he asked if we could all pray together, which I agree to. Then we all prayed what is commonly known as The Sinner's Prayer “Father, I know that I have broken your laws and my sins have separated me from you. I am truly sorry, and now I want to turn away from my past sinful life toward you. Please forgive me, and help me avoid sinning again. I believe that your son, Jesus Christ died for my sins, was resurrected from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer. I invite Jesus to become the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward. Please send your Holy Spirit to help me obey You, and to do Your will for the rest of my life. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.”
what he called and what is widely referred to as the sinners prayer 16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

I believe that even though he didnt come right out and say it, that this is what Humility meant when he said every Christian should know how to save a non Christian. In truth we spread the Gospel, we preach, minister and cast out demons in Gods strength and power with faith. But only God saves, only God forgives, only God heals and demons are cast out in accordance with the will of God and solely at His discretion. But that was the threefold ministry of Christ and that is the ministry he passed down to His disciples and them to us, the limbs in the body of Christ.

as far as being a Christian and downloading torrents - well in the scheme of things if it is the worst thing i have to answer for when i stand before the Lord I will be most fortunate indeed. But being a Christian does not mean I am perfect or superior or better than anyone. Afterall, Paul was a brilliant, well educated and wealthy man in his own right. He came from a well known family and they were very much respected. Paul let go of all that, to follow Christ. He was abused and debased wherever he went. He was tortured and tormented and followed, imprisoned and eventually beheaded and hung upside down on a cross. And yet he was the cornerstone of the Church, the man who once went out of his way to kill Christians like himself, though committed to poverty and forgiveness, was in fact, probably the worst sinner of all. So being Christian doesnt make you perfect unless your a TV Christian. Real world Christians are far from perfect and that is perfect for them.
YoGi avatar
Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 07:04
Author: Admin
humility wrote:

I've looked at the Muslim religion. I've looked at all the major religions, taken courses in them, etc. I admire their devotion and worship. I can't accept them because they aren't based upon Jesus. Buddhism is worshiping false gods but that's just my opinion. Even before Jesus, God made sure believers had the Old Testament to believe in. Once Jesus was born and died for our sins, we now have the New Testament to live by. We are no longer bound by the teachings of the Old Testament.

Just to set some facts straight here;

1. You claim to have taken courses in religion "etc" , but don't seem to have learnt much. If one were to study religion they certainly would have had the pleasure of being a theological scholar, not some Sunday school "let's look at world religions" student.

2. Buddhism doesn't follow any Gods. If you actually paid a little attention to those so called courses, you would have learnt that Buddhism is a way of life... but wait who am I to preach to you...

3. Many Christians misunderstand the difference between the old testament and new testament. The word testament means "agreement". The old testament was God's agreement with the Israelites. The new testament is God's agreement with all mankind if they will submit to the terms of the agreement.

It's amazing when you come to think of it. People create a religion after Jesus who quoted from the Old Testament, who spoke of God's will from the Old Testament, who studied the Old testament and had his life conditioned by it to a point of oppression.

Being the rebel that he was, he spoke out about oppression and felt that God rather than being in conflict with man, was there to actually help him ( a fact that all other beliefs including Pagan, from which Christianity and Judaism borrowed a lot from).

4. P.s... the "Muslim" religion has a name, and having studied it i'm sure you know that its called "Islam"

--- Now to get the point of this topic spinning off from what SaM did, i'm offended by all religious content and will go about deleting all religious book from this site. It's full of Bibles and Korans and Vedas , but I feel that any religion there is, or any such commentary on religion, is an insult to mankind and to the torrent community.

Religion has no place in the digital world, has no validity, for if it did then all of you are sinnners and it's better you spend time confessing your sins to your God rather than spewing your dribble here.
ozi avatar
Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 07:19
YoGi wrote:
humility wrote:

I've looked at the Muslim religion. I've looked at all the major religions, taken courses in them, etc. I admire their devotion and worship. I can't accept them because they aren't based upon Jesus. Buddhism is worshiping false gods but that's just my opinion. Even before Jesus, God made sure believers had the Old Testament to believe in. Once Jesus was born and died for our sins, we now have the New Testament to live by. We are no longer bound by the teachings of the Old Testament.

Just to set some facts straight here;

1. You claim to have taken courses in religion "etc" , but don't seem to have learnt much. If one were to study religion they certainly would have had the pleasure of being a theological scholar, not some Sunday school "let's look at world religions" student.

2. Buddhism doesn't follow any Gods. If you actually paid a little attention to those so called courses, you would have learnt that Buddhism is a way of life... but wait who am I to preach to you...

3. Many Christians misunderstand the difference between the old testament and new testament. The word testament means "agreement". The old testament was God's agreement with the Israelites. The new testament is God's agreement with all mankind if they will submit to the terms of the agreement.

It's amazing when you come to think of it. People create a religion after Jesus who quoted from the Old Testament, who spoke of God's will from the Old Testament, who studied the Old testament and had his life conditioned by it to a point of oppression.

Being the rebel that he was, he spoke out about oppression and felt that God rather than being in conflict with man, was there to actually help him ( a fact that all other beliefs including Pagan, from which Christianity and Judaism borrowed a lot from).

4. P.s... the "Muslim" religion has a name, and having studied it i'm sure you know that its called "Islam"

--- Now to get the point of this topic spinning off from what SaM did, i'm offended by all religious content and will go about deleting all religious book from this site. It's full of Bibles and Korans and Vedas , but I feel that any religion there is, or any such commentary on religion, is an insult to mankind and to the torrent community.

Religion has no place in the digital world, has no validity, for if it did then all of you are sinnners and it's better you spend time confessing your sins to your God rather than spewing your dribble here.

finally someone gets
leave the topic open the hypocrisy is what makes this topic interesting

ozi avatar
Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:13
badtoy91 wrote:

as far as being a Christian and downloading torrents - well in the scheme of things if it is the worst thing i have to answer for when i stand before the Lord I will be most fortunate indeed. But being a Christian does not mean I am perfect or superior or better than anyone. Afterall, Paul was a brilliant, well educated and wealthy man in his own right. He came from a well known family and they were very much respected. Paul let go of all that, to follow Christ. He was abused and debased wherever he went. He was tortured and tormented and followed, imprisoned and eventually beheaded and hung upside down on a cross. And yet he was the cornerstone of the Church, the man who once went out of his way to kill Christians like himself, though committed to poverty and forgiveness, was in fact, probably the worst sinner of all. So being Christian doesnt make you perfect unless your a TV Christian. Real world Christians are far from perfect and that is perfect for them.

in no way do i think any religion is perfect but most of them have the same common ground like do not steel
if your religion is one of them and its your belief system then how can you justify doing what your region forbids over and over again?
by saying its ok humans are imperfect its ok to keep repeating the same sin over and over again because well humans are not perfect

ok so say if i stabbed one of jesus children once even though i know such acts a forbidden far enough ill get forgiven once
if decide to stab him x50 on different occasions that make me imperfect and expect a nice feats when i get to the pearly gates because humans are imperfect?

ok so can i have some of whatever these guys were smoking when they wrote these books?
just want to know what it feels like having no control of my mind hear randoms voices and scribble down some random excuses for every bad thing i have done repeatedly

this way if the cops decide to grab me i can say he look my bible says its ok im forgiven don't press charges if you do well ill just shoot you which will cause your family grief but its ok im not perfect and you well who cares i will be forgiven
badtoy91 avatar
Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:40
your being silly now ozi! Of course not being perfect isn't a valid excuse or explanation and of course I would expect a discipline commensurate with the infraction. The trouble is, no matter how hard i try, if i have an internet connection and a computer I am going to download torrents. Just like being single and having the chance to sleep with a woman - if i can I will! There is no such thing as we will just go to sleep. I am not built to resist certain temptations without help.

The point is that Christ knows the condition of my heart. He knows my intention, my grief and my weakness and knows I am in need of mercy and healing in certain places. I know and understand that Christian or not, I am not exempt from the consequences of my behavior and conduct. If nothing else the standard for me is higher and the consequences more severe. That does not make me a hypocrite in my view. Maybe it does in your and maybe seeing me as a hypocrite brings you pleasure and a certain sense of satisfaction and superiorty. I am a sinner, i make no excuses, that is the beauty of the New Testament and the gift of Grace.

Grace is the difference between The Old Testament and The New Testament. It is the whole reason Christ came into the world, suffered was killed and resurrected. God knew, that no man could in his own strength keep the Laws brought forth by Moses, known as the 10 Commandments because there was only one perfect man and that man was His Son. Grace is the reason why Christians are forgiven for their sins.

Truthfully, if Christians needed to be perfect in order to be Christians there'd be no Christians. Television Evangelists like Jimmy Swaggert and Jim Baker to name just two, didn't understand this essential point. And while they both continue to minister today, neither is as big as they once were, neither is bigger than the message they carry.

Finally, I will leave you with something i try to remember hypocrite or not!

Proverbs 16:18 "Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.
ozi avatar
Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:33
badtoy91 wrote:
your being silly now ozi! Of course not being perfect isn't a valid excuse or explanation and of course I would expect a discipline commensurate with the infraction. The trouble is, no matter how hard i try, if i have an internet connection and a computer I am going to download torrents. Just like being single and having the chance to sleep with a woman - if i can I will! There is no such thing as we will just go to sleep. I am not built to resist certain temptations without help.

The point is that Christ knows the condition of my heart. He knows my intention, my grief and my weakness and knows I am in need of mercy and healing in certain places. I know and understand that Christian or not, I am not exempt from the consequences of my behavior and conduct. If nothing else the standard for me is higher and the consequences more severe. That does not make me a hypocrite in my view. Maybe it does in your and maybe seeing me as a hypocrite brings you pleasure and a certain sense of satisfaction and superiorty. I am a sinner, i make no excuses, that is the beauty of the New Testament and the gift of Grace.

Grace is the difference between The Old Testament and The New Testament. It is the whole reason Christ came into the world, suffered was killed and resurrected. God knew, that no man could in his own strength keep the Laws brought forth by Moses, known as the 10 Commandments because there was only one perfect man and that man was His Son. Grace is the reason why Christians are forgiven for their sins.

Truthfully, if Christians needed to be perfect in order to be Christians there'd be no Christians. Television Evangelists like Jimmy Swaggert and Jim Baker to name just two, didn't understand this essential point. And while they both continue to minister today, neither is as big as they once were, neither is bigger than the message they carry.

Finally, I will leave you with something i try to remember hypocrite or not!

Proverbs 16:18 "Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.

this isnt just about hypocrisy its about the books
if ones to follow there faith and those temptation are forbidden and doing the makes you a sinner then how can you justify your actions by saying my faith tells me humans are not perfect

its your books that are flawed its either gods way or the devils way if god is giving you those bad temptation then he himself is unsure what path he wants to follow maybe whoever was writing the new testament was having some sort of midlife crises because he cant make up his damn mind

its like a father telling his son here a gun its loaded shoot all your enemies forget about the loved ones left behind to suffer
then saying shit son it was a temptation why did you shot them

point to all of this is its either the good way or the bad adding temptation and saying its ok humans are not perfect makes no scene
to me a god should lead his children in one good direction

this isnt a sense of superiority to me its common sense
badtoy91 avatar
Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:35
I am not justifying it. I am guilty as charged and can offer no defense!

My faith doesn't tell me anything.

A plan common sense? That makes no sense, well makes no sense to anyone but you then. To me The Word of God makes perfect sense and no amount of discussion is going to change a closed mind.

A very wise man I once knew told me: A man convinced against his will, is of the same opinion still! God almighty changed my heart and my thinking i'll pray he changes yours as well.
[Prev]  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  [Next]
Page 5 of 6   [ 79 posts ]

Forum Search

search in post message
  search in topic subject
Forum

Home - Browse Torrents - Upload Torrent - Stat - Forum - FAQ - Login
ExtraTorrent.cc is in compliance with copyrights
BitCoin: 12DiyqsWhENahDzdhdYsRrCw8FPQVcCkcm
Can't load ExtraTorrent? Try our official mirrors: etmirror.com - etproxy.com - extratorrentonline.com - extratorrentlive.com
2006-2017 ExtraTorrent.cc5