Hot torrents
XVID DIVX
View Torrent Info: The.Levelling.2016.HDRip.XviD.AC3-EVO
View Torrent Info: Fifty.Shades.Darker.2017.UNRATED.HDRip.XviD.AC3-EVO
View Torrent Info: After.the.Reality.2016.HDRip.XviD.AC3-EVO
View Torrent Info: N.O.L.A.Circus.2016.HDRip.XViD-ETRG
Hot torrents
H264 X264
View Torrent Info: Fifty.Shades.Darker.2017.UNRATED.1080p.WEB-DL.H264.AC3-EVO[EtHD]
View Torrent Info: Jurassic World (2015) 720p BluRay x264 DTS Soup
View Torrent Info: Wolves.At.the.Door.2016.720p.WEB-DL.H264.AC3-ETRG
View Torrent Info: The.Legend.of.Ben.Hall.2016.720p.BluRay.x264-ENCOUNTERS[EtHD]
Hot torrents
BluRay, 4k UHD
View Torrent Info: Mine 2017 Bluray 1080p x264 DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: All.We.Had.2016.Multi.1080p.Blu-ray.x264.DTS-HD.5.1-DDR
View Torrent Info: Paterson 2016 Multi BLURAY 1080p x264 DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Rings.2017.Multi.BluRay.1080p.x264.DTS-HD.MA.7.1-DDR
Hot torrents
Television
View Torrent Info: Better.Call.Saul.S03E03.WEB-DL.x264-FUM[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Supergirl.S02E18.WEB-DL.x264-FUM[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Bates.Motel.S05E10.WEB-DL.x264-FUM[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Gotham.S03E15.REPACK.HDTV.x264-KILLERS[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Sing 2016 720p BluRay Hindi DD 5.1 x264-SnowDoN
View Torrent Info: House II : The Second Story (1987) x264 720p UNCUT BluRay Eng Subs {Dual Audio} [Hindi ORG DD 2.0   English 5.1] Exclusive By DREDD
View Torrent Info: Winner (2017) - 1080p - WEBRip - x264 - AC3 - ESub - [DDR]
View Torrent Info: [18 ] The Assignment (1997) UNRATED 720p WEBRip x264 Eng Subs [Dual Audio] [Hindi 2.0 - English 5.1] Exclusive By -=!Dr.STAR!=-
30s
Chat
To add new messages please Login or Register for FREE
Warning! Use a VPN When Downloading Torrents!
Your IP Address is 54.80.230.32.   Location is United States
Your Internet Provider and Government can track your torrent activity!  Hide your IP ADDRESS with a VPN!
ExtraTorrent strongly recommends using Trust.Zone VPN to anonymize your torrenting. It's FREE!
Get VPN Now for FREE!

MICROSOFT CRACKING DOWN ON CRACKED WINDOWS 7 USERS

Post a Reply    Subscribe to Topic    
1, 2  [Next]
Page 1 of 2   [ 16 posts ]
AuthorMessage
ic3m4l3 avatar
Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 20:46
Author:
Microsoft has apparently done its homework when it comes down to the plethora of cracks designed to illegally activate the latest iteration of its Windows client. The Redmond company identified in excess of 70 illegal activation bypass methods and has been cooking a small surprise for pirates. Come next week, Microsoft will start tackling what it referred to as the known and potentially dangerous activation exploits for Windows 7. This will be done through the Windows Activation Technologies Update for Windows 7, a refresh which is designed to kick up a notch the collection of activation and validation components built into the operating system.

“Activation exploits are sometimes called “hacks”, and attempt to bypass or compromise Windows’ activation technologies. This new update is further evidence of Microsoft’s commitment to keeping customers and partners secure. The update will determine whether Windows 7 installed on a PC is genuine and will better protect customers’ PCs by making sure that the integrity of key licensing components remains intact,” revealed Joe Williams, general manager, Genuine Windows.

It is critical to note that the Windows Activation Technologies Update for Windows 7 will not kill off pirated copies of the platform. However, as long as an edition of Windows Vista’s successor is activated illegally with one of the over 70 cracks that Microsoft has come across, the update will cause the user experience for that particular OS to depreciate to the level of non-genuine Windows. At the same time, users running genuine copies of Windows 7 have nothing to worry about, as the Windows Activation Technologies Update for Windows 7 will have no impact on their systems.

“The Update is designed to run on all editions of Windows 7, although we will distribute first to the Home Premium, Professional, Ultimate and Enterprise editions. It will be available online at www.microsoft.com/genuine beginning February 16 and on the Microsoft Download Center beginning February 17. Later this month, the update will also be offered through Windows Update as an ‘Important’ update,” Williams stated.

Because the refresh will be offered as a standalone download and an Important update, its integration with Windows would have to be voluntary. Users can choose not to install it, and even hide it from the list of updates offered for their Windows 7 machines, never to be bothered by it again. Microsoft will not offer the new update through Windows Server Update Services (WSUS). However, enterprise customers running WSUS will still be able to grab the refresh by importing it into WSUS through the Microsoft Update catalog.

“I’d like to stress that the Update is voluntary, which means that you can choose not to install it when you see it appear on Windows Update. I also want to stress that installing this update will not jeopardize your privacy; although the update contacts Microsoft’s servers to check for new threats as I outline below, the information we receive from PCs during these checks does not include any personally identifiable information or any other information that Microsoft can use to identify or contact you. This update follows the same stringent and secure set of privacy principles and policies as other downloads. The update can also be uninstalled at any time,” Williams added.

The Windows Activation Technologies Update for Windows 7 will make it possible for pirated copies of the OS to alert customers that they are running a version of the platform which has been activated illegally by an activation circumvention method. Microsoft is looking to protect customers that buy Windows 7 thinking that they’re acquiring a genuine copy of Windows and are instead getting counterfeit copies of Windows. Affected customers will be presented with the necessary steps to transform their Windows copies from pirated to genuine.

“If Windows 7 is non-genuine, the notifications built into Windows 7 will inform the customer that Windows is not genuine by displaying informational dialog boxes with options for the customer to either get more information, or acquire genuine Windows. The desktop wallpaper will be switched to a plain desktop (all of the customer’s desktop icons, gadgets, or pinned applications stay in place). Periodic reminders and a persistent desktop watermark act as further alerts to the customer,” Williams explained.

The promise from Microsoft is that even detected pirated copies of Windows 7 will not suffer any sort of reduced functionality. Back with the launch of Windows Vista RTM, Windows Genuine Advantage was capable of severely crippling the user experience by throwing the OS into Reduced Functionality mode and making it virtually unusable.

“The Update will run periodic validations (initially every 90 days). During validation, Windows will download the latest ‘signatures’ that are used to identify new activation exploits – much like an anti-virus service,” Williams noted. “When tampering, disabling, or missing licensing files are discovered, the WAT Update runs a check and repair weekly to ensure that the licensing files are properly repaired.

I found this on a site and thought was very informative.
Dirk_Diggler avatar
Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 21:02
Author:
Gr8 Info Don, Of course the largest software company in the wold will do go to gr8 lengths to protect their product. Lol, I think they have let everyone pirate their software to try it out for future purchases. It was only a matter of time.
Dirk_Diggler avatar
Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 21:25
Author:
I wouldnt risk it. WGA might start popping up and get a lil annoying im not sure if it does if you turn off updates. I would wait till their is a major update or bug fixed if they ever find 1 and grab an updated crack. But then again, This only is common sense to me I dont have tons of knowledge on this.
Painless avatar
Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 21:38
Author: Xbox
This should be showing in Articles page, get everyone to see, Thank you for the post, nice read :) :)
ic3m4l3 avatar
Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 22:18
Author:
PAINLESS I ASKED SAM AND COZ I DID NOT TYPE IT MYSELF HE SAID IT HAD TO GO HERE
ghostman avatar
Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 23:03
Author: Trusted UploaderSite FriendSuperman
i always go to windows and change the setting for "check updates but let me choose to install them"
Greenstreet avatar
Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 23:12
Author:
MS are taking the piss with this update
If it stays the way that you do not have to download it then ok
but if they force this upon people then most of us guys are fcuked
glad i have a legit copy of XP still :)

Thanks for the info
ic3m4l3 avatar
Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 23:20
Author:
u watch we'll on be on win 95 next week!!lol
Dirk_Diggler avatar
Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 23:30
Author:
Watch people are going to start getting tired of messing with it after a while and just buy win7 or going back to whatever works for them. I did the same with Kaspersky since they blacklist the keys every other day its a big pain in the ass. This is a pirating site tho I have confidence in our software dept. They will lead us in the right direction :)
Greenstreet avatar
Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 23:45
Author:
numberonedon wrote:
u watch we'll on be on win 95 next week!!lol

Can you imaging that
windows 95 or 98 on

Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz
3.00 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GT 220 1024 MB
1440x900 screen

wow, that would be super fast

might try it out soon :)))
ic3m4l3 avatar
Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 23:47
Author:
wow greensreet i dint even know a p4 wud work properly online ect can u watch films onnit??
Greenstreet avatar
Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 00:04
Author:
ha ha very funny :)))))
this old girl rocks mate, after a few WKD :)

Classic :)
No avatar
Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 16:20
Author: Blocked
http://extratorrent.cc/forum/topic/2492/WAT+Update+%28KB971033%29+Disables+Windows+7+Activation+Cracks+with+Dynamic+Signature.html#p11406
cyberartist avatar
Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:37
Author:
This is undoubtedly the best post - and most informative - that I have seen this year. And also a bit of a laugh with some of the replies - if we all wind up back on 95 or 98 at least we can have the old blue screen of death at dual core speeds. Remember the old whatever it was dll is missing and 50 million windows would suddenly cascade all over your screen - ah the good old days.
Thanks for the heads up on W7.

Of all the things Ive lost - I miss my mind the most

ic3m4l3 avatar
Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 17:44
Author:
Author: BlueLady.

Post message:
Of all the things Ive lost - I miss my mind the most

lol i do believe thats a ozzy ozbourne quote
1, 2  [Next]
Page 1 of 2   [ 16 posts ]

Post a Reply    

Forum Search

search in post message
  search in topic subject
Forum

Home - Browse Torrents - Upload Torrent - Stat - Forum - FAQ - Login
ExtraTorrent.cc is in compliance with copyrights
Can't load ExtraTorrent? Try our official mirrors: etmirror.com - etproxy.com - extratorrentonline.com - extratorrentlive.com
2006-2017 ExtraTorrent.cc2