Hot torrents
H264 X264
View Torrent Info: Vengeance.A.Love.Story.2017.720p.BRRip.x264.AAC-ETRG
View Torrent Info: Moana.2016.BluRay.1080p.DTS.AC3.x264-ETRG
View Torrent Info: Assassins.Creed.2016.BluRay.720p.DTS.AC3.x264-ETRG
View Torrent Info: From.a.House.on.Willow.Street.2016.720p.WEBRip.x264.AAC-ETRG
Hot torrents
BluRay, 4k UHD
View Torrent Info: Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham 2001 Bluray 1080p x264 DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Passengers 2016 Multi UHD BluRay 2160p HEVC HDR10 DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Dont Kill It 2016 BluRay 1080p x264 DTSHD5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Warriors Gate 2016 1080p Bluray x264 DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
Hot torrents
Television
View Torrent Info: Bates.Motel.S05E06.WEB-DL.x264-FUM[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Supergirl.S02E17.HDTV.x264-LOL[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Taken.2017.S01E05.HDTV.x264-KILLERS[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Quantico.S02E15.HDTV.x264-KILLERS[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna 2006 1080p Bluray x264 DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Yo-Kai Watch Movie (2014) x264 720p BluRay {Dual Audio} [Hindi ORG DD 2.0   Japanese 5.1] Exclusive By DREDD
View Torrent Info: Dil To Pagal Hai 1997 BluRay 1080P x264 DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Ho Mann Jahaan (2016) TVRIP 1CDRIP x264 AAC [DDR]
30s
Chat
To add new messages please Login or Register for FREE
Warning! Use a VPN When Downloading Torrents!
Your IP Address is 54.204.71.19.   Location is United States
Your Internet Provider and Government can track your torrent activity!  Hide your IP ADDRESS with a VPN!
ExtraTorrent strongly recommends using Trust.Zone VPN to anonymize your torrenting. It's FREE!
Get VPN Now for FREE!

Movie ratings suggestion

Post a Reply    Subscribe to Topic    
1, 2  [Next]
Page 1 of 2   [ 19 posts ]
AuthorMessage
celts1888 avatar
Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:17
Author:
Hi I am fairly new to ET but one thing I have noticed is that people rate movies before they watch them like "oh thanks uploader I have waited for this for ages 10/10" and thus giving others false info on the movie, it would be good if you could add a new feature like people being able to rate the audio and video quality to the movies and show the results just above the download button or somewere everyone can see it.
pattam avatar
Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 06:09
Author: Blocked
there used to be a bit for rating the torrent but it seems to have been removed
pattam avatar
Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 06:11
also there are alot of ppl who rate the torrents on an audio n video basis a6 v7 ect try lookn for those comments
Deamastad avatar
Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:46
Author:
celts1888 wrote:
Hi I am fairly new to ET but one thing I have noticed is that people rate movies before they watch them like "oh thanks uploader I have waited for this for ages 10/10" and thus giving others false info on the movie, it would be good if you could add a new feature like people being able to rate the audio and video quality to the movies and show the results just above the download button or somewere everyone can see it.

See answers above.
BlueLady wrote:
Good to see you and welcome...This 10/10 stuff ?...I dont really know who or where this started...there's been several posts about it, mostly all negative.

The main point is, the 10/10 is an individuals choice, it does NOT mean it's sanctioned by ET as being 10/10....so if you see a 10/10 on any torrent, or any combination of numbers, it doesnt really mean a damn thing.

As the potential downloader, it's up to you to rate the download any way you want... or not, the choice is yours...

this topic has gone all for quite a while, we had done it b4 and didn't work out. many childish peole giving rating 0 or 1 200 times to people encodes to try and make other encoders look bad.

pattam wrote:

see above
pattam wrote:
also there are alot of ppl who rate the torrents on an audio n video basis a6 v7 ect try lookn for those comments

thank you. good answer
BlueLady wrote:
Already mentioned in my post above..

??? you guys said two completely different things. He said look for ones with varied numbers and you said numbers dont mean a damn thing. lol
No avatar
Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 17:03
Quote:
yes a shame it go removed other then that jsut rate the damm shit you you want 1/1 or lets jsut get a thx button or soemthing like that
buddha avatar
Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 17:16
BlueLady you said The main point is, the 10/10 is an individuals choice, it does NOT mean it's sanctioned by ET as being 10/10....so if you see a 10/10 on any torrent, or any combination of numbers, it doesnt really mean a damn thing.
how is that the same thing as saying Also there are alot of ppl who rate the torrents on an audio n video basis a6 v7 ect try lookn for those comments
W1ck3d1nt3ntz avatar
Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 18:38
Author: Site Friend
It would be nothing less than stellar if people would rate A/V on torrents once they download the content but the reality is many members do these ratings before the actual torrent is downloaded. I know this isn't how it should be but unfortunately this is life on a public tracker. Most just go with the flow and it's a case of "Monkey See, Monkey Do."

As for the rating bar that was removed. Yes, there were many members/uploaders that abused that privelage so it was removed. They thought it was funny to keep refreshing the page and spam bad reviews on certain uploader's torrents. Used correctly it would have been a great tool but that was not the case.

Solutions?

Well, I've seen a few on past threads and they might be feasible for the future.

1. Another A/V rating bar with 1-10 (believe credit goes to Dirk_Diggler for the idea). Stipulations would be 1 rating per torrent per member that way it does not get abused widely.

2. A quick fix would be to add a simple "Thank You Button" below the torrents that way members can quickly add a thanks and go about their business. For the remaining members that WANT to leave true comments, by all means ... fire away.

There's plenty of other ideas to throw around so I'll leave it to all of you to debate on.
pattam avatar
Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 06:20
bluelady u said u mentioned my last post in the 1 above WHERE? u talked about ppl sayn 10/10 and that its not et's opinion ofcourse its not its the member who left the comments opinion, i wasnt talkn about that.If YOU read my last post properly ull see that i say that he should look for comments frm the ppl who rate the films by audio and video NOT by 10/10 as they rating are normally alot more accurate.
As deamastad said - ??? you guys said two completely different things. He said look for ones with varied numbers and you said numbers dont mean a damn thing. lol.Maybe YOU should read things more carefully in future before commenting.
pattam avatar
Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 15:54
.and what makes a person feel the undeniable need to criticize just for the sake of it... LMFAO i left a post trying to be helpful to celts and YOU felt the need to "criticize just for the sake of it" look at your own actions b4 complaining about others.
schwo7 avatar
Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 16:03
Author:
Why not just add a thankyou button to give credit to the uploader and leave the box for just about the movie info i mean come on something within reach isn't it ET???
Dirk_Diggler avatar
Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 16:38
Author:
Not a bad Idea Schwo7,Its been mentioned in other post. I would like to see a rating section like the 1 we used to have. But Instead of just rating 1-10 it can be a rating on A/V(5a/6v). It was removed due to excessive flamming but a few ways around that is to limit each member to 1 rateing per movie. Or we could directly link the ratings to user accounts to spot the flammers. It could even Be a part of the comments section. I like the Idea,not sure how many other do tho!
Dirk_Diggler avatar
Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 18:07
Author:
Promo:

vXtSeOYJ.png

Just an Idea what this might look like if we connected them to comments. That way members can rate and say thanks without typing anything,or visa versa.

Also think would be cool to give an overall Rating Displayed on torrent with an average A/V.
Cy_pher avatar
Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 14:33
Author:
Doesn't work for me. Any rating system will be flawed because a lot of people seemingly rate before they watch (all) the movie, and if there is a problem with the torrent it will still be swamped in the comments section with all the thanking and 'been waiting for this' etc. A thanks button would (hopefully) leave the comments free for discussion of quality/sync/sound drops/picture problems. A lot of which can't summed up in a rating. I seem to bang heads with a few people over this because a lot of people (understandably) expect those ratings (10/10 for example) to be representative of the torrent, leading to half the comments sayiong 10/10 and the other half booting off about it! If used, a thanks button would eliminate this (IMO).
No avatar
Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 04:24
Author:
So let me get this straight BlueLady... you're saying ET does NOT sanction any kind of rating system for any particular torrent?

(yes this is a joke, don't anyone get their knickers in knot)
Big_A_Little_A avatar
Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 14:36
Author: Site FriendSupermanimmortal
I'll give this post 4/10 for turning into bitchty session!

My best advice is not to bother with the current rating system,unless they have some sort of constructive comments tho as said previously every individuals rating is their own opinions which will differ widely for each member,best advice look for uploaders that are either marked as trusted or verified uploaders,normally you will always get good quality from them.Also as you spend time on ET you will also get to know the names of the top uploaders and release groups.
Also do agree a lot of comments posted by members before they even d/load film and watch.So don't think any type of rating system would work,but a thank you button would be nice
1, 2  [Next]
Page 1 of 2   [ 19 posts ]

Post a Reply    

Forum Search

search in post message
  search in topic subject
Forum

Home - Browse Torrents - Upload Torrent - Stat - Forum - FAQ - Login
ExtraTorrent.cc is in compliance with copyrights
BitCoin: 12DiyqsWhENahDzdhdYsRrCw8FPQVcCkcm
Can't load ExtraTorrent? Try our official mirrors: etmirror.com - etproxy.com - extratorrentonline.com - extratorrentlive.com
2006-2017 ExtraTorrent.cc1