H264 X264
View Torrent Info: From.a.House.on.Willow.Street.2016.720p.WEBRip.x264.AAC-ETRG
View Torrent Info: Hidden.Figures.2016.720p.BRRip.x264.AAC-ETRG
View Torrent Info: Split.2016.FULL.NEW.SOURCE.1080p.HC.HDTV.x264.AAC-SHOWSCEN
View Torrent Info: Paterson.2016.720p.BRRip.x264.AAC-ETRG
Hot torrents
BluRay, 4k UHD
View Torrent Info: The.Chamber.2016.BluRay.1080p.x264.DTSHD5.1-DDR
View Torrent Info: Gladiator 2000 Paramount Re-Issue Blu-ray 1080p x264 DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Resident Evil The Final Chapter 2016 Multi 1080pBluRay x264 DTSHD 7.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Hidden.Figures.2016.1080p.BluRay.x264-GECKOS[EtHD]
Hot torrents
Television
View Torrent Info: The.Originals.S04E02.HDTV.x264-KILLERS[ettv]
View Torrent Info: The.Blacklist.Redemption.S01E05.HDTV.x264-KILLERS[ettv]
View Torrent Info: The.Last.Kingdom.S02E02.HDTV.x264-MTB[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Greys.Anatomy.S13E17.HDTV.x264-LOL[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Phillauri 2017 1GB DesiSCR x264 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Assassins.Creed.2016.1080p.BRRip.x264.Turkish.AC3-ETRG
View Torrent Info: Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them 2016 720p BluRay Turkish and English DUAL DD 5.1 x264-aXeL
View Torrent Info: The Salesman (Forushande) 2016 Multi 1080p Blu-ray x264 DTSHD 5.1 MSubs-DDR
30s
Chat
To add new messages please Login or Register for FREE
Warning! Protect Yourself from Lawsuits and Fines!
Your IP Address is 54.204.211.128.   Location is United States
Your IP Address is visible to EVERYONE. Hide your IP ADDRESS with a VPN while torrenting!
ExtraTorrent strongly recommends using Trust.Zone VPN to anonymize your torrenting. It's FREE!
Hide my IP address!

Christmas Images :)

Post a Reply    Subscribe to Topic    
[Prev]  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10  [Next]
Page 5 of 10   [ 136 posts ]
AuthorMessage
Selsley avatar
Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 19:02
Author: Site FriendET junkieET loverSupermanKittymenSunTurtle
34yd9is.jpg
Selsley avatar
Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:02
24y5jqv.jpg
Selsley avatar
Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 15:01
Kew Garden illuminations
hyperlinked

1zbt3x1.jpg 2afkgn8.jpg

v62jax.jpg 2pourmh.jpg

27403.jpg 13zwc4o.jpg

2l97if5.jpg 212vi9j.jpg

20ucuom.jpg

Resizing
To resize images create the code below with your approximate down size
Code:
[img width=340 height=200]paste image link here[/img]
then highlight the code, press forum url inserter, and paste in image link to hyperlink to full size image.
Finished code should look like this
Code:
[url=link to image][img width=340 height=200]link to image[/img][/url]

tags
downsize, downsizing, smaller
ange1 avatar
Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 19:50
Author: ModeratorET lover
Lovely images Selsley :) love the snow globe :) and thank you for the info regarding how to resize images :) sure it will help many peeps :)
Selsley avatar
Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 21:27
added some tags for better forum searching lol
ange1 avatar
Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 23:28
Selsley wrote:
added some tags for better forum searching lol

Thank you :)
Thalestris avatar
Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 18:13
Author: Turtle
Hey Seisley really cool those Kew Garden illuminations !

And today well, a little trip to Mexico, apparently it's all about that bright red flower called Poinsettia. People believe it can bring good luck for the rest of the year. And there's a legend that goes with it :

There was once a poor Mexican girl called Pepita who had no present to give the the baby Jesus at the Christmas Eve Services. As Pepita walked to the chapel, sadly, her cousin Pedro tried to cheer her up.
'Pepita', he said "I'm sure that even the smallest gift, given by someone who loves him will make Jesus Happy."

Pepita didn't know what she could give, so she picked a small handful of weeds from the roadside and made them into a a small bouquet. She felt embarrassed because she could only give this small present to Jesus. As she walked through the chapel to the altar, she remembered what Pedro had said. She began to feel better, knelt down and put the bouquet at the bottom of the nativity scene. Suddenly, the bouquet of weeds burst into bright red flowers, and everyone who saw them were sure they had seen a miracle. From that day on, the bright red flowers were known as the 'Flores de Noche Buena', or 'Flowers of the Holy Night'.

The shape of the poinsettia flower and leaves are sometimes thought as a symbol of the Star of Bethlehem which led the Wise Men to Jesus. The red colored leaves symbolize the blood of Christ. The white leaves represent his purity.

PH71dRil.jpg

Al6UNOWl.png

CaaushTl.png

Selsley avatar
Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 22:04
lol, christmas was introduced at winter solstice and the 12 days of yule starting on 22 december to integrate pagans into christianity. whats fascinating in your legend about mexico is, i didnt think south americans had visited bethlehem in the year 0001, but it sort of explains why the markets were full of chili peppers in the new ben hur film so maybe the legend is true and the film makers know more than i do
ange1 avatar
Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 22:52
What a lovely story Thalestris thank you and lovely images. Christmas is about love and even the smallest gift is thoughtful :)
Selsley avatar
Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 16:33

Thalestris avatar
Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 18:00
Selsley wrote:
lol, christmas was introduced at winter solstice and the 12 days of yule starting on 22 december to integrate pagans into christianity. whats fascinating in your legend about mexico is, i didnt think south americans had visited bethlehem in the year 0001, but it sort of explains why the markets were full of chili peppers in the new ben hur film so maybe the legend is true and the film makers know more than i do

Hi Seisley , yes of course, ha ha ha, where was I last night writing this ?!! Glad to notice that at least one of us see things clearly ! Let me correct this right away. Then again, said like that it was kind of funny and it could certainly explain that scene with the chili Peppers in "Ben Hur" that I haven't seen yet ! Anyway :

Poinsettia episode 2 the real legend this time : (Wikipedia)

The plant's association with Christmas began in 16th-century Mexico, where legend tells of a girl, commonly called Pepita or Maria, who was too poor to provide a gift for the celebration of Jesus' birthday and was inspired by an angel to gather weeds from the roadside and place them in front of the church altar. Crimson blossoms sprouted from the weeds and became beautiful poinsettias . From the 17th century, Franciscan friars in Mexico included the plants in their Christmas celebrations. The star-shaped leaf pattern is said to symbolize the Star of Bethlehem, and the red color represents the blood sacrifice through the crucifixion of Jesus.

19tommy59 avatar
Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 18:27
Author: ModeratorTrue Love
Selsley wrote:
lol, christmas was introduced at winter solstice and the 12 days of yue
starting on 22 december to integrate pagans into christianity. whats fascinating in you
r legend about mexico is, i didnt think south americans had visited bethlehem in the yea
r 0001, but it sort of explains why the markets were full of chili peppers in the new be
n hur film so maybe the legend is true and the film makers know more than i do
the truth about the origin of Christmas has absolutely nothing to do with Christ being born on dec.25th,that date was just used because it was the day that the roman celebration Saturnalia ended, and the early Christians adopted the date and accepted the practicioners of the base and disgusting pratices that were all part of saturnalia because they wanted to get the sinners into their fold and convert them xmas came about through a roman celebration period where there was no punishment for injury damage etc of any kind during the weeklong celebration and everything was allowed look it up if you are interested in exactly what went on most of it is disgusting to describe.
Selsley avatar
Posted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 02:45
34xjcpf.gif
Thalestris avatar
Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 13:02
ange, Tommy, Seisley hi ! And I hope that everyone is having a relaxing Sunday. And today, some really unusual Christmas. I just let you read.

cC7mAkKl.png

Adelie penguins on Rothera Point. Antartica.

V1pdGEIl.jpg

Rothera Research Station, Antarctica

If there's one place in the world where you are guaranteed a white Christmas, it's surely Antarctica. With the frozen continent holding some 90 per cent of the world's ice, there is no shortage of white stuff to get you into that festive spirit. But strangely enough, that is probably as Christmassy as it gets. Having daylight for 24 hours brings a summery rather than an early-nights-and-log-fires feel to the place.

And without the now-obligatory November Christmas tree and shops bursting at the seams, the carefully crafted expectation is not built up as it is back home. Indeed, a far bigger celebration here is midwinter, in June, which marks the darkest day of the year and the meridian of the long isolated winter for all those fortunate enough to call Antarctica their (albeit temporary) home.

I live in Rothera Research Station, the largest of the British Antarctic Survey's research stations, on the Antarctic Peninsula. It is a collection of relatively small buildings perched on a promontory over a bay filled with icebergs, whales, seals and penguins. The nearest human habitation is 100 miles away, and even that is another research station. It is a beautiful, majestic land of glittering ice and unspoilt wilderness unexploited by man - promising adventure and commanding awe in all who behold it.

Christmas Day itself still has many of the features to which we have all grown accustomed back in the UK. Our two chefs will be working hard ahead of time to prepare four turkeys to fill a hundred hungry mouths, supplemented by pigs-in-a-blanket, stuffing, bread sauce, cranberry sauce, Brussels sprouts, mince pies and my personal favourite, Christmas pudding. Ahead of time (but possibly only just), parts of the main building with be dressed in shining stars and twinkling tinsel.

The dining room will be the main focus of our decorative efforts, and will house our two Christmas trees. When 25 December itself comes we will all enjoy a day off work, making the most of the opportunity to take our time eating that gargantuan meal all together. The people here have become friends, and for those of us now approaching our second winter on base, this is very much our proxy family. Inevitably many will miss those sitting 10,000 miles away in the UK, but there is no shortage of friends here.

For the rest of the day, though, the contrasts with the British Christmas are apparent. The Christmas film may be enjoyed by some, but for others, myself included, it will be usurped by a Christmas ski around the local area. The Queen's speech will probably be deposed by a speech from our base commander, or our oratorical French chef.

But while we were blessed with the ultimate excuse for not braving the high street scrum of Christmas consumerism (the shop here is pretty limited, I'm afraid), those of us with friends and family who went to the shops for us, sometimes nearly five months in advance to allow for shipping time, will still have some presents to open. The question for me now is: where am I going to hang my stocking?
Alistair Simpson

·Dr Alistair Simpson is the 2007 wintering doctor at Rothera Research Station, looking after the health of the station staff and researching fitness and body composition

wk9Rj4Il.jpg
Selsley avatar
Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 15:12
its dryer there than it is in the Sahara, ie air to moisture content
[Prev]  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10  [Next]
Page 5 of 10   [ 136 posts ]

Post a Reply    

Forum Search

search in post message
  search in topic subject
Forum

Home - Browse Torrents - Upload Torrent - Stat - Forum - FAQ - Login
ExtraTorrent.cc is in compliance with copyrights
BitCoin: 12DiyqsWhENahDzdhdYsRrCw8FPQVcCkcm
Can't load ExtraTorrent? Try our official mirrors: etmirror.com - etproxy.com - extratorrentonline.com - extratorrentlive.com
2006-2017 ExtraTorrent.cc5