H264 X264
View Torrent Info: From.a.House.on.Willow.Street.2016.720p.WEBRip.x264.AAC-ETRG
View Torrent Info: Hidden.Figures.2016.720p.BRRip.x264.AAC-ETRG
View Torrent Info: Split.2016.FULL.NEW.SOURCE.1080p.HC.HDTV.x264.AAC-SHOWSCEN
View Torrent Info: Paterson.2016.720p.BRRip.x264.AAC-ETRG
Hot torrents
BluRay, 4k UHD
View Torrent Info: The.Chamber.2016.BluRay.1080p.x264.DTSHD5.1-DDR
View Torrent Info: Gladiator 2000 Paramount Re-Issue Blu-ray 1080p x264 DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Resident Evil The Final Chapter 2016 Multi 1080pBluRay x264 DTSHD 7.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Hidden.Figures.2016.1080p.BluRay.x264-GECKOS[EtHD]
Hot torrents
Television
View Torrent Info: The.Originals.S04E02.HDTV.x264-KILLERS[ettv]
View Torrent Info: The.Blacklist.Redemption.S01E05.HDTV.x264-KILLERS[ettv]
View Torrent Info: The.Last.Kingdom.S02E02.HDTV.x264-MTB[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Greys.Anatomy.S13E17.HDTV.x264-LOL[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Phillauri 2017 1GB DesiSCR x264 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Assassins.Creed.2016.1080p.BRRip.x264.Turkish.AC3-ETRG
View Torrent Info: Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them 2016 720p BluRay Turkish and English DUAL DD 5.1 x264-aXeL
View Torrent Info: The Salesman (Forushande) 2016 Multi 1080p Blu-ray x264 DTSHD 5.1 MSubs-DDR
30s
Chat
To add new messages please Login or Register for FREE
Warning! Protect Yourself from Lawsuits and Fines!
Your IP Address is 54.204.211.128.   Location is United States
Your IP Address is visible to EVERYONE. Hide your IP ADDRESS with a VPN while torrenting!
ExtraTorrent strongly recommends using Trust.Zone VPN to anonymize your torrenting. It's FREE!
Hide my IP address!

What is up with the proliferation of AVI files?

Post a Reply    Subscribe to Topic    
AuthorMessage
No avatar
Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 06:02
Author:
AVI is a technology from 1992. Yet, some uploaders have apparently just discovered it, as files that are usually in MKV or MP4 are now being uploaded in AVI.

It is a minor inconvenience to have to convert the, but NO MODERN DEVICES (set top boxes, tablets, etc) play this format without conversion.
Keka_Umans avatar
Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 06:15
Author: ModeratorTrusted UploaderET junkieET loverSuperman
Captain_Bligh wrote:
AVI is a technology from 1992. Yet, some uploaders have apparently just discovered it, as files that are usually in MKV or MP4 are now being uploaded in AVI.

It is a minor inconvenience to have to convert the, but NO MODERN DEVICES (set top boxes, tablets, etc) play this format without conversion.
with the right codecs, every "modern" tablet should be able to handle .mp4 and .mkv formats, even my old droid phone will play them
a lot of tvs have built in players that support these formats.
I have a standalone dvd player with a thumbdrive that supports .mp4 but not .mkv
any device that only supports .mp4 and not .mkv, just use rebox to convert the .mkv to .mp4 in a minute or 2 tops

Most people consider .avi to be a dead format.
Mulva1989 avatar
Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 08:32
Author: Trusted UploaderSite FriendET junkieET loverGirl
Avi is just the container.. the XviD codec thats being used mostly with it is not that much older then H264 actually..

XviD still offers a significant advantage in encoding speed and is compatible with most DVD players.. Thats why it is still so popular. As far as I know it also still plays on all new devices? Especially tablets/phones shouldn't be a problem.. Maybe you tried a bum encode?

Also quality wise it's not really worse if you just give it enough bitrate..
ozi avatar
Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:06
Author: SuperAdmin
are you sure you using new technology?

my andriods and other devices that are over 5 years old play them with default software that came with them
my new deceives also play them

xvid is a universal format they play on everything and always will
(well maybe not on apple devices if you got one of those then its your own fault for buying a brand that restricts themselves to 1 format)

if not then
maybe your devices decoder have xvid and several other formats as disabled try turning them on
i had the same issue on one of by tablets were x265 wasn't playing due it being disabled
Selsley avatar
Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:44
Author: Site FriendET junkieET loverSupermanKittymenSunTurtle
Captain_Bligh wrote:

being a prolific avi downloader i can tell you now, YOU ARE WRONG
i have not seen a number of my fav tv shows for a couple of weeks in avi just 10 encodes of the same show in mp4 and mkv, and where its a minor inconvenience co convert your avi files to play in your iphone, its a major inconvenience for me to have to swap my personal divx player, my standalone divx/dvd/card reader and other stuff i have. it amazes me that you cant find mp4 and mkv when in actual fact its the avi thats slowly disappearing

last year tablets were playing xvid, my niece and nephew were watching cgi movies over our network from my pc, so i cant see a problem.
No avatar
Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 15:33
Author:
My point its that MP4 and MKV play fine, AVI do not (without conversion). Many of my TV shows appear and movies from usual sources have switched to AVI. Specifically, ROKU players, for instance, do not recognize AVI, nor do ios devices - not sure about android.
19tommy59 avatar
Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 16:00
Author: ModeratorTrue Love
Captain_Bligh wrote:
My point its that MP4 and MKV play fine, AVI do not (without conversion). Many of my TV shows appear and movies from usual sources have switched to AVI. Specifically, ROKU players, for instance, do not recognize AVI, nor do ios devices - not sure about android.
I have just the opposite problem my big screen wont play mkv and I have to convert to avi format and I use any video converter (thats the name) and almost every tv file I d/l is mkv
Cat avatar
Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 18:04
Author: Trusted UploaderET junkieET lover
Time to splurge for a new TV 19Tommy59 and climb out of the dark ages. I recently had to upgrade my Samsung TV because the old one was not capable of playing UHD 4K HEVC X265 files which was getting to be a pain in the ass. There used to be uploaders who encoded and uploaded exclusively in Avi.

Then there was what seemed like an explosion of files arriving in mkv and now we are seeing the same thing with HEVC X265.

But since upgrading my TV there is no file format known to mankind that i can not play directly from my
8TB MyCloud Ultra EX II. I no longer have need for such devices like DVD players, they are like the VHS and since i doubt the quality of a BluRay Disc played from a BluRay player is noticeably better i no longer have need of those either. These days my money goes to storage, sound and vision.
19tommy59 avatar
Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 18:37
Author: ModeratorTrue Love
Cat wrote:
Time to splurge for a new TV 19Tommy59 and climb out of the dark ages. I recently had to upgrade my Samsung TV because the old one was not capable of playing UHD 4K HEVC X265 files which was getting to be a pain in the ass. There used to be uploaders who encoded and uploaded exclusively in Avi.

Then there was what seemed like an explosion of files arriving in mkv and now we are seeing the same thing with HEVC X265.

But since upgrading my TV there is no file format known to mankind that i can not play directly from my
8TB MyCloud Ultra EX II. I no longer have need for such devices like DVD players, they are like the VHS and since i doubt the quality of a BluRay Disc played from a BluRay player is noticeably better i no longer have need of those either. These days my money goes to storage, sound and vision.
hey my vizio is only 2!!! lol seriously my vizio 60" wont play certain files and hevc mkv and m4p? anyway its only 2 years old what the hell do I have to do so I dont have to convert all the time?
Cat avatar
Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 18:41
Author: Trusted UploaderET junkieET lover
My Samsung was only 2 years old. The new Samsung 55" inch is this model year. Doesnt matter thats the price you pay to remain current and in tune with the developments in technology. Hell i only recently got broadband internet ffs

Post a Reply    

Forum Search

search in post message
  search in topic subject
Forum

Home - Browse Torrents - Upload Torrent - Stat - Forum - FAQ - Login
ExtraTorrent.cc is in compliance with copyrights
BitCoin: 12DiyqsWhENahDzdhdYsRrCw8FPQVcCkcm
Can't load ExtraTorrent? Try our official mirrors: etmirror.com - etproxy.com - extratorrentonline.com - extratorrentlive.com
2006-2017 ExtraTorrent.cc1