H264 X264
View Torrent Info: Cars.2006.720p.BluRay.x264.AAC-ETRG
View Torrent Info: Sing.2016.BluRay.720p.DTS.AC3.x264-ETRG
View Torrent Info: Vengeance.A.Love.Story.2017.720p.BRRip.x264.AAC-ETRG
View Torrent Info: Moana.2016.BluRay.1080p.DTS.AC3.x264-ETRG
Hot torrents
BluRay, 4k UHD
View Torrent Info: Hidden Figures 2016 Multi 1080p BluRay x264 DTSHD 7.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Passengers 2016 Multi UHD BluRay 2160p HEVC HDR10 DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Dont Kill It 2016 BluRay 1080p x264 DTSHD5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Warriors Gate 2016 1080p Bluray x264 DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
Hot torrents
Television
View Torrent Info: DCs.Legends.of.Tomorrow.S02E16.HDTV.x264-LOL[ettv]
View Torrent Info: The.Flash.2014.S03E18.HDTV.x264-LOL[ettv]
View Torrent Info: NCIS.S14E19.HDTV.x264-LOL[ettv]
View Torrent Info: NCIS.New.Orleans.S03E19.HDTV.x264-KILLERS[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Running Shaadi 2017 x264 DvDRip AC3 5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Hidden.Figures.2016.1080p.BRRip.x264.Turkish.AC3-ETRG
View Torrent Info: Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham 2001 Bluray 1080p x264 DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna 2006 1080p Bluray x264 DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
30s
Chat
To add new messages please Login or Register for FREE
Warning! Stop Government from Tracking Your Torrenting!
Your IP Address is 54.157.205.247.   Location is United States
Your Internet Provider and Government can track your internet activity! Hide your IP and LOCATION with a VPN
ExtraTorrent strongly recommends using Trust.Zone VPN to anonymize your torrenting. It's FREE!
HIDE ME NOW

how to encode movies - for begginners .

Post a Reply    Subscribe to Topic    
AuthorMessage
sam_code4u avatar
Posted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 09:16
Author: Trusted UploaderSite FriendET loverSuperman
Gordian Knot encoding tutorial

there are two things i am goin to assume you know already :

I am going to assume that you know how to decode (.VOB) files off a dvd, so I'm skipping this step. (you can use dvd fab or dvd shrink or dvd decrypter)
I also have revamped this site in a generic way so that I don't infringe on any laws. lol =))

you need one and only one software ->> gordian knot (latest version)
do search on google (use search string = "gordian knot rip pack" in google )

Step 1: Initial VOB preparations

Open up the Gordian knot if you have not.

In this step we are basically creating an index file called a (.d2v), which is created with DGIndex.
This file contains all the necessary info such as aspect ratio, vob location and a detailed decoding
of the movie frame data.

Under “2-Prepare the VOB’s”, click the button to open up DGIndex.

mkw6de.jpg

DGIndex is now open.

24px9ax.jpg

Open the decrypted vob’s as shown below.

o0ro8k.jpg

2we04r5.jpg

k18k1i.jpg

By holding down left mouse button and going over all files in window you can select all files at once, instead of adding them one by one.

dewi8l.jpg

Now the app goes to this file list. Make sure all the vob’s are in sequential order. Click ok

rhsxle.jpg

Now we have to determine the frame rate we’ll use and to make sure of the aspect ratio, by running a preview.
To do this press the F5 button and let it run for a couple minutes or until the app states under Video Type, Film
of 95% or better. After either thing is determined press Esc button.

ji0t9y.jpg

If “Video Type” is Film 95% or better you must check “Forced Film” as shown below. If “Video Type” is NTSC or Video, make sure “Honor Pulldown Flags” is checked below. NTSC is equal to 29.97 fps and Film is equal to 23.976 fps.

259a7fr.jpg

Also make sure to demux all audio tracks as shown below.

2nk4b60.jpg

Now you can save your project as a (.d2v) by pressing F4 button and naming the file.
Press save and get a cup of coffee or go to bathroom, this can take between 3-10 min. When finished close the app out.

2z6au5i.jpg

Step 2: Setting up the encoder

A. Opening up (.d2v)

As shown below, go to lower left hand corner and press open button.

257ljj5.jpg

Open (.d2v) as shown below.

jg4d3m.jpg

The window below pops up. Don’t close it! You will need it later to finish process. Either minimize it or click on window of main app.

2vcjh1f.jpg

Shown below, we’re back to main app interface.

9gyb1l.jpg

B. Setting up resolution

This and Bitrate can really be anything within certain parameters. For the sake of this tutorial I’m using my home media center set up. This is where you have to know aspect ratio. Under input resolution, make sure its NTSC. Under input pixel aspect ratio, make sure the proper NTSC setting is applied. In this case I’m using 16:9, only check one of top two until you have a grasp of app and want to experiment. Under output resolution, move the slider and get a resolution you’re shooting for. This again can be anything within proper height and width standards. As you’ll see below this is the highest resolution I can use for my media center project, but as you’ll see at the end of tutorial this will be a sizable file.

7084k2.jpg

C. Bitrate configuration

Click bitrate tab to open interface shown below.

2dc8pj4.jpg
  1. Go to folder that has VOB’s (shown below) and see what the demuxed (.ac3) audio file bitrate is. In this case it’s 384 kbs. In the drop down of “audio A” click appropriate bitrate.

dvmxx0.jpg

2. Check what codec you want to use under codec, I use Xvid.
3. Under “Total Size”, make sure “Number Cd” is 1/3 cd/dvd, and “1 cd =” is set to either 700 mb or 4479 mb. The bigger one is so you have ability to make big files.
4. Under “Total Size” again, and under “total file size”, give the file size you want to get. I’m making a High Def file so under “Video” watch the “Average Bitrate” while increasing the total file size until you reach your target Bitrate; in my file it’s going to be 3000 kbs.
5. At the bottom of app make sure “bits/ (pixel*frame)” is above 0.20, if not the window will turn yellow or red if set to low.
6. Under “Container” check proper setting. Most people will use AVI.

Step 3: Saving current settings and Avisynth settings

Maximize or bring to the top, the window that was minimized at the beginning of last step. It looks like the below example.

[img=http://i39.tinypic.com/51ugdh.jpg]http://[/img]

Press “Save & Encode” button and see below example.

20iaqnr.jpg

Under “Field Operations” you can check a filter or opt for “none”. Next, press “Preview” button to make sure the aspect ratio is correct, as shown below.This brings up the media player and will show you the video with the filters you’ve selected virtually applied. It is normal to hear no audio, because we’ve removed the audio track and put it to the side so to speak. Press stop and close the media player when satisfied by result.

hwgxg5.jpg

Now press “Save & Encode” and you will see the below
Name and save file. This is main settings file the encoder uses for passes.

ng7j3d.jpg

Now the next example shows you what pops up next.
As you can see at the top of this example, all the settings are displayed.
Now we must choose the audio track we want to use by pressing “Select” button.

ic7qdj.jpg

Shown below is what you’ll see.

f3sz7b.jpg

Depending on the ripping process you used, you could have 1 or more tracks. Pick the file you originally projected for this project and open it. The “Audio 1” tab is all that’s necessary to use for now. Shown below is what you opened. Because you used 384 kbs to calculate the total file size initially it is suggested you enter that value as shown below under “Mp3 Average Bitrate”.

23shcgo.jpg

Now click on “Xvid” or “Divx” tab and you will see the below tab display.

15xo2dw.jpg

In this window all you have to set up is the pass settings. Shown below is what the “First pass” and “Second Pass” buttons will bring up.

2m2h06f.jpg

I don’t suggest changing anything here until you have some experience, but you may want to press the “more” button on the line
of [email protected] and you’ll see the below. Under "Quantization type", you can change this from default "H.263" Matrix to
"MPEG" Matrix or any custom matrix you like.

32znaqc.jpg

You may want to use “Quarter Pixel” or “Global Motion Compensation” settings at some point for enhanced results, but these settings will drag out process by 2-3 additional hours. So for now just press “ok” without setting anything here and “ok” again on main “Xvid” settings and do the same with the “Second Pass” button. Now you press “Add Job to Encoding Queue” button and you’ll see the below come up.

kbu9at.jpg

Select “Yes” to begin encoding process. You will see the next example.

fjoz6a.jpg

This command line app starts minimized, so if you want to see it you must click on the toolbar to make it visible.
This step transcodes the (.Ac3) file to a (.Mp3) file. Below you’ll see the end of this process adding a smart gain in decibels.
This is actually called a “Hybrid Gain”.

wcjmmx.jpg

VirtualdubMod is called up and will encode the first and second passes in the same fashion. If you want to see the
progress in these steps you must maximize the VirtualdubMod app and open the status window as shown below.

9a222p.jpg

In a nutshell this is the process. It may seem highly complex to go through all these settings, but will yield better end results. The biggest difference between the Gordian knot and all other encoding apps is its separate audio and video handling feature. It is beneficial because coding audio and video together may cause errors in either file, more isolation will ensure errors are minimal.

thanks..!

sam
º(extratorrent 2010)©º
XxGoLDxX avatar
Posted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 09:19
Author:
Thanks Code4 This will help the newbees nice post
bigwimpie avatar
Posted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 09:51
Author:
Thanks code4, great tutorial,
I will give it a try, I used all kind of software, but will try Gordian Knot,
and your tutorial :-)
EMUworld avatar
Posted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 09:56
Author:
Gr8 post..ThnX
Big_A_Little_A avatar
Posted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:27
Author: Site FriendSupermanimmortal
Nice post many thanks for the time taken to share this with all.
timamirrockdude avatar
Posted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 13:28
Author:
thanks. :D
you are revealing everything now .
great.

tim
Joypadder avatar
Posted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 14:55
Author:
Nice post sam that helpd me understand alot better cheers buddy
JoeBonanno avatar
Posted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 15:06
Author:
hey
Thanx sam_code4u for this tutorial I really appreciate the efforts.

But I just wanted to ask,

in which of these steps can i add video filters?
The_Storm79 avatar
Posted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:56
Author:
Hay all thanks for all the help. I have 1 problem the avi files (xvid codec) are about 1.3GB for a 22min episode..

Can someone please give me a link or tell me what settings I should have them at or a name of a program what will tell me what the settings are in a avi file.
I really need to know this. I have 32 DVD's 361 Episodes to get in to avi..

Thanking you now for your help..
The_Storm79 avatar
Posted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 17:19
Author:
Just letting everyone know I got it down to 233mb for a 22min episode in XviD. So that's will have to do. The program is really cool I like the control it gives you.. and Love the step by step too I go back to it from time to time.. Thanks again..

Storm
GOLDFROG avatar
Posted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 13:33
Author:
Thanks this is a great post
mork_blasphemy avatar
Posted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 05:57
Author:
I'll stick with the music :p thx for the nice post man!!

Post a Reply    

Forum Search

search in post message
  search in topic subject
Forum

Home - Browse Torrents - Upload Torrent - Stat - Forum - FAQ - Login
ExtraTorrent.cc is in compliance with copyrights
BitCoin: 12DiyqsWhENahDzdhdYsRrCw8FPQVcCkcm
Can't load ExtraTorrent? Try our official mirrors: etmirror.com - etproxy.com - extratorrentonline.com - extratorrentlive.com
2006-2017 ExtraTorrent.cc5