Hot torrents
H264 X264
View Torrent Info: Moana.2016.BluRay.1080p.DTS.AC3.x264-ETRG
View Torrent Info: Assassins.Creed.2016.BluRay.720p.DTS.AC3.x264-ETRG
View Torrent Info: From.a.House.on.Willow.Street.2016.720p.WEBRip.x264.AAC-ETRG
View Torrent Info: Hidden.Figures.2016.720p.BRRip.x264.AAC-ETRG
Hot torrents
BluRay, 4k UHD
View Torrent Info: Bad Santa-2 2016 Multi UHD 2160p BluRay HEVC HDR DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: The.Chamber.2016.BluRay.1080p.x264.DTSHD5.1-DDR
View Torrent Info: Gladiator 2000 Paramount Re-Issue Blu-ray 1080p x264 DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Resident Evil The Final Chapter 2016 Multi 1080pBluRay x264 DTSHD 7.1 -DDR
Hot torrents
Television
View Torrent Info: Samurai.Jack.S05E03.WEB-DL.x264-FUM[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Ghost.Adventures.S14E01.Stone.Lion.Inn.HDTV.x264-SPASM
View Torrent Info: The.Originals.S04E02.HDTV.x264-KILLERS[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Ransom.S01E11.HDTV.x264-KILLERS[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Kalpana 2 (2016) 720p UNCUT DVDRip x264 Eng Subs [Dual Audio] [Hindi DD 2.0 - Kannada 2.0] Exclusive By -=!Dr.STAR!=-
View Torrent Info: Trapped 2017 1GB DesiPDvD x264 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Phillauri 2017 1GB DesiSCR x264 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Assassins.Creed.2016.1080p.BRRip.x264.Turkish.AC3-ETRG
30s
Chat
To add new messages please Login or Register for FREE
Warning! Stop Government from Tracking Your Torrenting!
Your IP Address is 54.167.191.50.   Location is United States
Your Internet Provider and Government can track your internet activity! Hide your IP and LOCATION with a VPN
ExtraTorrent strongly recommends using Trust.Zone VPN to anonymize your torrenting. It's FREE!
HIDE ME NOW

What does it mean?

Post a Reply    Subscribe to Topic    
1, 2, 3, 4  [Next]
Page 1 of 4   [ 56 posts ]
AuthorMessage
JoeBonanno avatar
Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 02:02
Author:
I really appreciate the efforts and the idea as well..

But if you wouldn't mind I just wanted to add a few things that couldn't bare the standing without any move to agree more with you netcobold..

How about assigning a special section in the ExtraTorrent Official Forum beside the General Tutorials section just for answering any related-questions.

In this section, all the members "field experts" is allowed to use their knowledge in videos, audios, formats, uploads descriptions, related files extensions, torrent related S/Ws or H/Ws, encoding related S/Ws or H/Ws, torrent-related terms meanings....,etc..., to enlighten whoever has a one of the above materials' related question.

If the questioner asked about something that is related to any of the other forum's section, then his topic has to be moved to the right section to keep the forum organized...

By the making of this section, It will be easier for the questioned one in the chat room to just copy the link of the answer from the section if it was posted before..

By the making of this section, the answers will be easier to be found by any official internet search engine, in case someone had a question related to one of the posted questions on the section.

By the making of this section, each topic "question" will be getting its full attention to be answered or replied by the question's material's expert or experts in case the first reply "answer" didn't give the questioner his full satisfaction.

Thanks and Appreciations for netcobold who brought ET this great idea and for the useful information.
Thanks BlueLady for being a cooperative admin and the first who agreed with netcobold.
Thanks 1337bits for being a cooperative expert.

VIVA ET, THE PLACE TO BE
kenismut avatar
Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 03:35
Author:
This is definitely a GREAT idea/as 4 someone like me who is new to the practice of encoding/uploading/I personally like to try to maintain a high standard u know a bit of pride in what u do/so this forum will help me to grab new ideas & techniques upping my skills giving me an chance to provide some good quality work THX ET your the best.
cyberartist avatar
Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:20
Author:
Im with you kenismut - a really great and worthwhile post here - thanks for all the effort.
JoeBonanno avatar
Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 18:00
Author:
well... redco ... I know that Blue will figure it out to make this idea touchable...
Come on Blue ... use your charm against the other reds. I know you can do it.

hey.. by the way, what about "Torrents for Dummies" as the name of the section? lol
sam_code4u avatar
Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 18:08
Author: Trusted UploaderSite FriendET loverSuperman
na..! "torrents for dummies" doesn't sounds good :)
as it is not only about torrents
it's the answer of some basic questions and some advanced answers about it :)
it can be QA or FAQ or something like that as suggested before :)
but i think we have to work hard to make things working and flawless.
cause we have to think the possibilities of things that a normal users come across and what a question a noob can have in their mind :)

and rest i will add up after some time when i get enough things to contribute to it :)

sam
º(extratorrent 2010)©º
JoeBonanno avatar
Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 19:39
Author:
I tried to gather everything has been posted in this topic to make something like the Features & the Rules of the sought after section.

well... here you are:-

1. Good way to wrap up an interesting and rare information or answers which were lost in chat.

2. The answer or the reply will be in an understandable simple language for everybody.

3. The questions will be about basics only to create a thick infrastructure for the questioner to build up his steady skills.

4. How to ... ?, what does ... mean? and What is ... ? are the kind of questions that this section is all about, to keep it limited by basics.

5. A topic or a question will be closed, if and only if, the questioner is satisfied enough with the given answer(s).

6. Advanced problems are not allowed to be posted in this section.

7. Posted advanced problems are going to be moved to a more fitting section.

8. Everyone is welcomed to share his knowledge and experience by answering a familiar question.

9. If the post (question) was replied (answered) ,but it hasn't yet been completely solved, an addition (reply, answer) can be posted by the same or other answerers.

10. The answer has to be as long and simple as the question needs and is.

11. The answerer has to try not to drag the questioner down to unneeded advanced details which will make the questioner more lost and confused with more frustrating questions.

by the way, if anyone found something missed or wrong .. feel free to edit, add or remove.
sam_code4u avatar
Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 20:19
okay..>! i have an idea :)
if we are goin to make all the questions and answers in one post then we should have the first post of this thread stating all the questions.
as the first post should state the questions serially as it is posted in the thread.

like the first post so far should be

Q. what is different video file aspects?
Q. whats a private site as opposed to a not private site. What does it mean to a new member who knows next to nothing?.
Q. What Exactly Is A VPN?
Q. We love torrents, thats why were here @ ET- But What is A Torrent?
Q. Seedbox - what is it & what does it do?
Q. takers forum post on - What Exactly is 'Codec', and Why Would I Ever Need It?"
Q. why sam_code4u is so jolly and mad ? =)) :P

etc. :)

what do you guys and gals say?

so, we have to move the post to a new thread or delete some of the useless posts and put the first post as stated above:)
as if this post goes for about 100 pages then users won't like to navigate through the entire thread to look out for one answer or to know if this thread contains the answers what he/she is looking for :)

sam
º(extratorrent 2010)©º
Big_A_Little_A avatar
Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 07:31
Author: Site FriendSupermanimmortal
BlueLady wrote:
The actual cosmetics of setting this up are relatively simple, just need Boss/SA approval and up it goes, putting it in general tut's is also a good idea...but what would you suggest as a suitable name for this...a simple 'Q & A here'..or something else ?. It also need to be 'out there' so it's easily located...having to search for it would not be very beneficial.

would this be a good way to find it? also thou it woud be good to add tutorials as well
64188948256428402921.png
cyberartist avatar
Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:07
Author:
For what its worth - agreed - and also a good idea...
sam_code4u avatar
Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:13
yeah ..! it is a great idea :) but we have to make it arranged and organised and we have to make it most informative before we can have this in the link status bar :)

sam
º(extratorrent 2010)©º
Big_A_Little_A avatar
Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:33
Author: Site FriendSupermanimmortal
BlueLady wrote:
The perfect solution Alf, thank you..

That appears to be the ideal place to put it, now we could use some idea's on how to lay it out in general terms..

eg: Perhaps the question could be asked in forum, as it is now, the relevant answer given...and the question and answer together could be copied into into 'What does it Mean' and made a closed forum.

By doing it that way, the 'What does it Mean' forum can be kept clean of non essential posts, pretty much like 'Tutorial Index' is now...

any other idea's on this one welcomed..

Many thanks all,glad you all like it,

do agree with you on having a closed forum for the answers,could just call it 'What does it Mean - answers'

and have an open forum for 'What does it Mean - questions'
Still trying to think other name than what does it mean,did think of " What the tech is that?"

SaM avatar
Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 14:49
Author:
SaM
guys...
plz after finishing all ur discussions get me the final result and let me know what u want me to set up for you in the forum for this....
send me a pm with ur final requirement
JoeBonanno avatar
Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 14:51
Author:
Aha nice .... here you are a support from a respected SA ...
thanx SaM ... We'll do
JoeBonanno avatar
Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 15:40
Author:
ok .... now ... what required are ....

1. to get an approved name for the section.
2. where to put the section :- official forum, community forum, P2P forum or Help forum?
3. more attention for this idea (more users have to put their opinins).

and Thanx Uncle ALF for your cooperation to keep this idea alive and I really appreciate it.
But this idea is as important as all other teaching sections in the forum as "General Tutorials", and I think if this section has been made as you suggested "hanged on the banner", then the other subject-related sections will be misjudged (if it is the appropriate word).

This is my point of view regarding your suggestion Uncle ALF.
JoeBonanno avatar
Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 16:46
Author:
yeah netco you are right. But in fact the FAQ which is supposed to be hanged on the every website's banner is only for the site its self "what is the website's purpose?, registrations and so" not for what we are talking about.

I think it is better to be asked as a section in the forum .... I mean to be easy to create and approve by the elders.

By the way .... try and google ( Easy backup and Encoding for beginners ).

you will see that it doesn't make a deference whether it was hanged on the banner or not. :)
1, 2, 3, 4  [Next]
Page 1 of 4   [ 56 posts ]

Post a Reply    

Forum Search

search in post message
  search in topic subject
Forum

Home - Browse Torrents - Upload Torrent - Stat - Forum - FAQ - Login
ExtraTorrent.cc is in compliance with copyrights
BitCoin: 12DiyqsWhENahDzdhdYsRrCw8FPQVcCkcm
Can't load ExtraTorrent? Try our official mirrors: etmirror.com - etproxy.com - extratorrentonline.com - extratorrentlive.com
2006-2017 ExtraTorrent.cc1