View Torrent Info: Fallen.2016.BRRip.XviD.AC3-EVO
View Torrent Info: Stratton.2017.BRRip.XviD.AC3-EVO
View Torrent Info: Fifty.Shades.Darker.2017.UNRATED.BRRip.XViD.AC3-ETRG
Hot torrents
H264 X264
View Torrent Info: The Green Mile (1999) 720p BluRay x264 AC3 Soup
View Torrent Info: Fallen.2016.720p.BluRay.x264-ROVERS[EtHD]
View Torrent Info: Stratton (2017) 720p BRRiP - 850MB - ShAaNiG
View Torrent Info: Fifty.Shades.Darker.2017.UNRATED.720p.BluRay.x264-DRONES[EtHD]
Hot torrents
BluRay, 4k UHD
View Torrent Info: Fifty.Shades.Darker.2017.UNRATED.Multi.1080p.BluRay.x264.DTSHD7.1-DDR
View Torrent Info: Avatar.2009.4K.HDR.10bit.BT2020.DTS.HD.MA-VISIONPLUSHDR1000
View Torrent Info: The Void 2016 Bluray 1080P x264 DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: The Legend of Ben Hall 2016 Bluray 1080p x264 DTSHD5.1 -DDR
Hot torrents
Television
View Torrent Info: Greys.Anatomy.S13E21.HDTV.x264-KILLERS[ettv]
View Torrent Info: The.Last.Kingdom.S02E07.HDTV.x264-MTB[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Arrow.S05E19.WEB-DL.x264-FUM[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Fargo.S03E02.WEB-DL.x264-FUM[ettv]
View Torrent Info: The Game Changer 2017 HC HDrip x264-DiRG
View Torrent Info: Painkiller (2013) x264 720p UNCUT WEB-DL {Dual Audio} [Hindi ORG DD 2.0   English 2.0] Exclusive By DREDD
View Torrent Info: Chandni Bar 2001 480p NFRip ESub -DDR
View Torrent Info: Bhadram (2014) Bluray 1080p x264 DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
30s
Chat
To add new messages please Login or Register for FREE
Warning! Stop Government from Tracking Your Torrenting!
Your IP Address is 54.224.138.120.   Location is United States
Your Internet Provider and Government can track your internet activity! Hide your IP and LOCATION with a VPN
ExtraTorrent strongly recommends using Trust.Zone VPN to anonymize your torrenting. It's FREE!
HIDE ME NOW

question from emails received

Post a Reply    Subscribe to Topic    
AuthorMessage
No avatar
Posted: Mon May 17, 2010 06:59
Author:
i've received two emails from a studio stating they know i've been downloading tv shows 'illegally'. they listed all i've downloaded and i'm a bit concerned. does this mean i no longer can download? or will i be arrested from this? why they'd pick on me since i'm practically broke anyway. lol.
more than likely this has been discussed prior however i've no time to look around at the moment. if anyone has a link to an article or such that'll be great ^^. thx in advance
No avatar
Posted: Mon May 17, 2010 07:32
Author: Blocked
Quote:
i've received two emails from a studio stating they know i've been downloading tv shows 'illegally'. they listed all i've downloaded and i'm a bit concerned. does this mean i no longer can download? or will i be arrested from this? why they'd pick on me since i'm practically broke anyway. lol.
more than likely this has been discussed prior however i've no time to look around at the moment. if anyone has a link to an article or such that'll be great ^^. thx in advance
no this dont mean you cant download anymore this mean you need to be carefull.and use VPN and peerbloock and ipfilter that help make you safer and the reason the sent those email are to scare you from downlaoding we have also banned alot off tracker since we know that those tracker are use/checked my MPAA RIAA IPFI ect
W1ck3d1nt3ntz avatar
Posted: Mon May 17, 2010 08:46
Author: Site Friend
A VPN (Virtual Private Network) or a Seedbox (partition of a server used to transfer torrents at high rates of speed) are your best bets here. Both VPNs and Seedboxes guarantee 100% anonymity. Downfall is that both of these cost money. Also, if you hit google and come across a FREE VPN ... be aware, speeds will be very limited. Lastly, if you choose a seedbox also invest in a FTP Client to transfer data to and from your PC (CuteFTP and Filezilla are both freeware).

VPNS:
Hit google and search for VPN providers or perhaps other ET members will illuminate possibilities.

Seedboxes: (Search Our Forum Threads Below For Seedbox Providers)

http://extratorrent.cc/forum/category/30/seedboxes.html

Other Alternatives?

Like taker has said above, you can also look into peerblock or ipfilter.dat (Utorrent Accessory) for protection while downloading. Personal conviction here is that these programs are only about 80% effective. Still, 80% is better than none. I'll provide links below for reference.

Peerblock:

http://www.peerblock.com/

IPFilter.dat (Once Again, Utorrent Accessory)

http://extratorrent.cc/torrent/2050949/uTorrent+ipfilter.dat+and+ipFilter+Updater.html

Stay Safe!
No avatar
Posted: Sun May 23, 2010 08:17
Author:
tyvm taker and Wicked for your advice. i'll check the links out and try them out :D a friend of mine mentioned he doesnt use torrents to get his movies and such. he uses megaupload and jdownloader. i've heard of megaupload but jdownloader? i didnt know one could download movies w/o a torrent.
Xclusive666 avatar
Posted: Sun May 23, 2010 08:47
Author: Blocked
Can you p.m me links to what show you d/l if you still remember thx
No avatar
Posted: Sun May 23, 2010 09:15
Author:
Xclusive666 wrote:
Can you p.m me links to what show you d/l if you still remember thx

o.o
show? what show?
i'm using the links Wicked provided above if thats wut u mean. i'm using peerblock right now. pretty nifty.
YoGi avatar
Posted: Sun May 23, 2010 09:24
Author: Admin
What he means is the list of the T.V shows that were listed in the letter you got..
No avatar
Posted: Sun May 23, 2010 09:44
Author:
oh xD
*clears throat*
well, theres a story behind that. i forgot to mention that since my dad's the one paying for the internet, he received the emails. i know the first one was for House season 3 late last year. the second one, well, he decided to just delete it after glancing through it. he just told me that it was a list of tv shows i supposedly downloaded. he did say that it was from the same sender as the first email (and yh silly me didnt think to remember the name cuz i didnt think much of it). i wish i did read it. idk y he didnt allow me :/ i told him to forward any others he does get in the future.
No avatar
Posted: Sat May 29, 2010 00:37
Author:
alrighty. back again. today dad received an email again from NBC stating that our 'internet account was used for copyright infringement'. i'm realizing that its mainly the series House that's giving me problems. it only listed one episode which i d/l a few weeks back. they really seem to be on my ass for this is the second letter of this month. i've been using peerblock but i guess its not really making a difference. somethimes i wish i understood all this computer tech sh** so i wouldnt be whining about it on here and asking for assistance. shame they dont have classes on this xD. i'm such an f**ing noob >< i love d/ling (and seeding! xD) and i really enjoy this site. i just dont want my parents to see me get hauled away by cops. lol. i'm just a bit on edge right now. i'm sure i'll calm down in a bit. oh! and i've been reading what some of you do for precautions and security, it goes over my head though. technical jargon (any instruction for that matter) always flies over my head. i'm literally duh when it comes to this sh**. i have to be shown step by step on what to do. i understand better visually and hands on than with words. i'm gonna see if there's anything on youtube that'll help...yet those can be questionable (rolls eyes). i'd rather get aid here than there believe me -.- ok i'll shut up now. xD
SaM avatar
Posted: Sat May 29, 2010 04:15
Author:
SaM
how can u get an email from the studio??
it means that your ISP already sharing your information with the studios???!!!!

you get letters fom your ISP or STUDIO??
ozi avatar
Posted: Sat May 29, 2010 17:15
Author: SuperAdmin
SaM wrote:
how can u get an email from the studio??
it means that your ISP already sharing your information with the studios???!!!!

you get letters fom your ISP or STUDIO??

it doesn't work like that SaM i know this because the isp company i work for
no matter how much you try to hide that little torrent info file still get logged into
your isp ac and shows in there records even the silliest thing that you dl from web such as flash player any updates freeware or anything else that you dl is recorded to isp ac
so basically if you have a strict isp from were im from
eg... dodo tmg netscape even our "giant" telstra
you can get screwed over
so in some case if trackers are being watch and you have a crap isp then you can get screwed hard

as for the person getting letters change your isp to a better one that has there own ip hiding service (it will cost you between 5 10 $$$ extra for it)
and use simple tool like peerblock and connect to a good proxy server when downloading

but like i said research you isp company don't just sign up because they have a good deal and is cheap

Post a Reply    

Forum Search

search in post message
  search in topic subject
Forum

Home - Browse Torrents - Upload Torrent - Stat - Forum - FAQ - Login
ExtraTorrent.cc is in compliance with copyrights
Can't load ExtraTorrent? Try our official mirrors: etmirror.com - etproxy.com - extratorrentonline.com - extratorrentlive.com
2006-2017 ExtraTorrent.cc4