Hot torrents
H264 X264
View Torrent Info: Moana.2016.BluRay.1080p.DTS.AC3.x264-ETRG
View Torrent Info: Assassins.Creed.2016.BluRay.720p.DTS.AC3.x264-ETRG
View Torrent Info: From.a.House.on.Willow.Street.2016.720p.WEBRip.x264.AAC-ETRG
View Torrent Info: Hidden.Figures.2016.720p.BRRip.x264.AAC-ETRG
Hot torrents
BluRay, 4k UHD
View Torrent Info: Bad Santa-2 2016 Multi UHD 2160p BluRay HEVC HDR DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: The.Chamber.2016.BluRay.1080p.x264.DTSHD5.1-DDR
View Torrent Info: Gladiator 2000 Paramount Re-Issue Blu-ray 1080p x264 DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Resident Evil The Final Chapter 2016 Multi 1080pBluRay x264 DTSHD 7.1 -DDR
Hot torrents
Television
View Torrent Info: Ghost.Adventures.S14E01.Stone.Lion.Inn.HDTV.x264-SPASM
View Torrent Info: The.Originals.S04E02.HDTV.x264-KILLERS[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Ransom.S01E11.HDTV.x264-KILLERS[ettv]
View Torrent Info: The.Blacklist.Redemption.S01E05.HDTV.x264-KILLERS[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Trapped 2017 1GB DesiPDvD x264 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Phillauri 2017 1GB DesiSCR x264 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Assassins.Creed.2016.1080p.BRRip.x264.Turkish.AC3-ETRG
View Torrent Info: Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them 2016 720p BluRay Turkish and English DUAL DD 5.1 x264-aXeL
30s
Chat
To add new messages please Login or Register for FREE
Warning! Protect Yourself from Lawsuits and Fines!
Your IP Address is 54.147.241.117.   Location is United States
Your IP Address is visible to EVERYONE. Hide your IP ADDRESS with a VPN while torrenting!
ExtraTorrent strongly recommends using Trust.Zone VPN to anonymize your torrenting. It's FREE!
Hide my IP address!

WARNING FROM NBC TO MY ISP (closed)

AuthorMessage
No avatar
Posted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 08:28
Author:
I RECEIVED A WARNING FROM MY INTERNET PROVIDER FOR DOWNLOADING A SHOW THAT NBC PUTS OUT (HOUSE M.D.). HAS ANYONE ELSE EVER RECEIVED ANYTHING LIKE THIS?

THE MESSAGE WAS THIS:

We recently received the attached notice from NBC Universal claiming that your Internet account may have been used for copyright infringement. Specifically, NBC Universal claims that your account was used to reproduce and/or distribute copyrighted content without authorization to other users of an Internet-based file-sharing network. We are forwarding this notice at the request of NBC Universal -- please see the enclosed document.
Content providers such as NBC Universal routinely monitor file-sharing networks to determine if their copyrighted movies and music are being distributed illegally over the Internet. NBC Universal identified your AT&T account by its numeric IP address, a string of numbers identifiable by any site from which you upload or download files. When an Internet user connects to file-sharing networks, the IP address assigned to the computer connected to the Internet becomes publicly available to other members of the network. Consistent with our Customer Privacy Policy, AT&T has not released your name or any other personal information to NBC Universal, but is forwarding this notice to you so that this issue may be resolved without any further action.
You should be aware that copyright infringement is a violation of U.S. law, and potentially punishable by fines and other criminal penalties. It also is a violation of the AT&T Acceptable Use Policy, which governs your use of AT&T Internet services. If infringing activity persists, NBC Universal may choose to seek a court order requiring AT&T to provide it with your name and address so it can pursue legal action against you.
By forwarding this complaint, AT&T is not making any accusation of wrongdoing. Rather, we are bringing NBC Universal's notice to your attention so that you can take prompt and appropriate steps to prevent any further activity of this nature from occurring over your Internet account. Steps you may consider taking include:

1.Ceasing any sharing of copyrighted content that might be occurring via file sharing software, services or networks;

2.Securing your home Wi-Fi network to ensure others are not accessing the Internet through your connection to download or distribute illegal content;

3.Talking with family members or guests who may have used your Internet connection in ways you are not aware of;

4.Using virus and spyware protection software to protect against security threats and ensure your Internet connection is not being used in ways that you have not authorized;

5.Learning how federal copyright law applies to online activities by visiting the U.S. Copyright Office's website at http://www.copyright.gov/.

Violations of the Acceptable Use Policy can result in termination of your AT&T service. We encourage you to review the AT&T Acceptable Use Policy online at http://www.corp.att.com/aup/ and the AT&T Customer Privacy Policy at http://www.att.com/privacy.
AT&T is committed to protecting your personal information and ensuring the best possible online experience for all customers. Please review the attached letter for information regarding the alleged copyright infringement. If you have any questions regarding your AT&T Internet account or AT&T policies, please call us at
or email us at
(I TOOK OUT THE NUMBER AND E-MAIL ADDRESS)

Notice of Copyright Infringement
N3K avatar
Posted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 08:41
Author:
SaveIt4later avatar
Posted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 19:49
Author: Blocked
whatever you do....don't call them.
No avatar
Posted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 18:08
Author:
I would strongly suggest a dedicated proxy server if you are DL'ing! There are several on the market with varying levels of difficulty incorporating them into your torrent client. I have tested several and the one I use, for several reasons, is www.torrentsecurity.com. It is SIMPLE to use and it blocks my IP address, even from my own ISP! They gave me a free trial and I have used it with several of the more popular torrent clients out there with great results. Even when I use a "what is my IP address" program, it completely masks my IP address... Give it a shot. That letter is a bit scary.
theone1 avatar
Posted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 18:49
Author:
The letter is b/s, it's pure scare-mongering, ignore it and do NOT reply to it in any way, shape of form...simply confine your downloading to after 9PM your time
reno.99999 avatar
Posted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 19:15
Author:
Also search the forums, at least 5 of them on here about letters from ISP.

Block your IP addy even from your own ISP. LMAO. Doesn't your ISP give you your dedicated IP addy????

It's a Proxy Service. It keeps your true IP hidden from sites you visit and what you do or do not download. There are many options, like I said search in forums, you have proxy, seedboxes, vpn's etc. All depends on what you are worried about and why.
SaveIt4later avatar
Posted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 04:03
WTF people look at the dates on original posts this was originally posted in AUGUST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SaveIt4later avatar
Posted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 04:04
I'm sure he's thankful for your answer 2 months later...
N3K avatar
Posted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 06:18
Author:
saveit, its a record more than anything else- it doesnt matter if it was posted 2 years ago, dont take everything so seriously LMAO....
I think there should be a new "corner" in forum titled "Torrent Security And ISP/Network Warning Letters" or something simular so new topics can be posted and/or moved there and members may also be refered to the subcatagory which may prevent further posts on this subject.

I wouldn't download a non-copyrighted picture set without a semi-dedicated seedbox/server... 2 reasons, 1st safety for myself so I can grab the file fast and securely... 2nd so i can seed to 1.1 or even 100.1 and not blink an eye (:
NaTaS avatar
Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 02:26
Author:
Even if the answers are late, its better than nothing, which is what most people get from this sites forums..oh im sorry let me re-word, they get pompas, rediculous, me me I'm cool replies most of the time ..lol
SaveIt4later avatar
Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 05:32
yeah but months and months late....look at the original post and what it was all about. What good does an answer do for him 3 months later after he asked. Again I did not type 3 DAYS later. 3 months later does him no good.

Forum Search

search in post message
  search in topic subject
Forum

Home - Browse Torrents - Upload Torrent - Stat - Forum - FAQ - Login
ExtraTorrent.cc is in compliance with copyrights
BitCoin: 12DiyqsWhENahDzdhdYsRrCw8FPQVcCkcm
Can't load ExtraTorrent? Try our official mirrors: etmirror.com - etproxy.com - extratorrentonline.com - extratorrentlive.com
2006-2017 ExtraTorrent.cc2