I already know how to edit tracker-lists; I've been doing it for years.
The purpose of the auto-munge feature would be to save everyone's time.
Look at the HEAPING GOBS of time which could be saved:
* The site-owner doesn't have to keep continually updated a ginormous post listing dozens if not hundreds of bad trackers (more go bad every month, right?), and constantly pester users to read and re-read it.
* Uploaders don't have to mess around with the torrent-file, except at creation time, or fret over whether or not a currently "good" tracker will go "bad" in the future, causing their torrent to eventually be removed.
* Nobody has to screw around posting, or answering, tons of messages as to why torrents were deleted, getting all pissed off about it, etc.
* The owners can munge the entire database
of hundreds of thousands of torrents to remove or add trackers -- this has the benefit of "fixing" all "grandfathered" torrents, as well as adding useful UDP trackers.
* With the site software in-place, VIP and trusted uploaders could be permitted to "update" their torrent files without
having to recreate the page -- and wouldn't that
be fifty different flavors of extra-rich creamy awesome. Oh, you know it would -- because it'd be the first time any torrent site has done it.