Hot torrents
H264 X264
View Torrent Info: Moana.2016.BluRay.1080p.DTS.AC3.x264-ETRG
View Torrent Info: Assassins.Creed.2016.BluRay.720p.DTS.AC3.x264-ETRG
View Torrent Info: From.a.House.on.Willow.Street.2016.720p.WEBRip.x264.AAC-ETRG
View Torrent Info: Hidden.Figures.2016.720p.BRRip.x264.AAC-ETRG
Hot torrents
BluRay, 4k UHD
View Torrent Info: Hunt for the WinderPeople 2016 Multi  Bluray 1080p x264 DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Bitter Harvest (Holodomor) - Bluray 1080p x264 DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Bad Santa-2 2016 Multi UHD 2160p BluRay HEVC SDR DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: The.Chamber.2016.BluRay.1080p.x264.DTSHD5.1-DDR
Hot torrents
Television
View Torrent Info: Time.After.Time.US.S01E05.HDTV.x264-LOL[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Elementary.S05E18.HDTV.x264-LOL[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Madam.Secretary.S03E17.HDTV.x264-LOL[ettv]
View Torrent Info: NCIS.Los.Angeles.S08E19.HDTV.x264-LOL[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Dil To Pagal Hai 1997 BluRay 1080P x264 DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Ho Mann Jahaan (2016) TVRIP 1CDRIP x264 AAC [DDR]
View Torrent Info: Trapped (2017) DesiPDVD 1CDRIP x264 AAC [DDR]
View Torrent Info: Fantastic.Beasts.And.Where.To.Find.Them.(2016).1080p.BDRip.Dual.Audio.Org.BD.{Hindi.5.1 Eng.5.1}.-~{DOOMSDAY}~-
30s
Chat
To add new messages please Login or Register for FREE
Warning! Stop Government from Tracking Your Torrenting!
Your IP Address is 54.157.52.205.   Location is United States
Your Internet Provider and Government can track your internet activity! Hide your IP and LOCATION with a VPN
ExtraTorrent strongly recommends using Trust.Zone VPN to anonymize your torrenting. It's FREE!
HIDE ME NOW

Suggestion: auto-munge bad trackers

Post a Reply    Subscribe to Topic    
AuthorMessage
Honeyko avatar
Posted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 20:32
Author:
Situation: I am a long-time (and "verified") uploader on many other sites (my Demonoid account of the same name is over four years old), and am presently mirroring my torrents (seeing as many sites have gone down recently).

Annoyance: It is a royal pain in the ass to have to edit each and every one of literally a hundred torrent files looking for bad trackers. (If you think doing it one time is bad, imagine having to do it again and again.)

Today, my overlooking prq on the mile-long list of banned trackers resulted in four of five mirrors being punted.

Solution: As I observe that your upload software auto-adds additional trackers into torrents, it should be equally easy to remove bad ones, thereby saving the uploader a LOT of aggravation.
Honeyko avatar
Posted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 22:22
Author:
Additional problem: re-uploading a corrected torrent file -- if it had been previously submitted with a bad tracker, and been auto-deleted -- generates a "Such torrent already exists in our database!" error...even though searching for the torrent will yield no results.
Xclusive666 avatar
Posted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 22:46
Author: Blocked
Honeyko wrote:
Additional problem: re-uploading a corrected torrent file -- if it had been previously submitted with a bad tracker, and been auto-deleted -- generates a "Such torrent already exists in our database!" error...even though searching for the torrent will yield no results.

Nothing gets auto deleted on this site everything shows on your events page,if a torrents gets deleted post the info hash in forums under need a torrent hash cleared and you can re upload.
cuteguy avatar
Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 02:00
Author:
Honeyko wrote:

i got that problem......but now i am uploading fine..........in the starting i hardly understood this site and its complicated...............and now i dont leave this site.......i think you get that problem because you are trying to upload a torrent with same info hash..........try to edit the torrent name and seed and re upload........hope it will help .............:)
Honeyko avatar
Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 03:17
Author:
Re-naming torrents doesn't change hashes. The problem is hash-retention after torrent deletion -- and that's a major annoyance to someone (ahem, moi) who'd be thinking of, say, transporting over six full pages' worth of their Piratebay torrents.
SuRi avatar
Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 07:33
Author: Site FriendTrue LoveETRG
Honeyko avatar
Posted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 07:32
Author:
I already know how to edit tracker-lists; I've been doing it for years.

The purpose of the auto-munge feature would be to save everyone's time.

Look at the HEAPING GOBS of time which could be saved:

* The site-owner doesn't have to keep continually updated a ginormous post listing dozens if not hundreds of bad trackers (more go bad every month, right?), and constantly pester users to read and re-read it.

* Uploaders don't have to mess around with the torrent-file, except at creation time, or fret over whether or not a currently "good" tracker will go "bad" in the future, causing their torrent to eventually be removed.

* Nobody has to screw around posting, or answering, tons of messages as to why torrents were deleted, getting all pissed off about it, etc.

* The owners can munge the entire database of hundreds of thousands of torrents to remove or add trackers -- this has the benefit of "fixing" all "grandfathered" torrents, as well as adding useful UDP trackers.

* With the site software in-place, VIP and trusted uploaders could be permitted to "update" their torrent files without having to recreate the page -- and wouldn't that be fifty different flavors of extra-rich creamy awesome. Oh, you know it would -- because it'd be the first time any torrent site has done it.

jellybelly-flavor-guide.jpg

Post a Reply    

Forum Search

search in post message
  search in topic subject
Forum

Home - Browse Torrents - Upload Torrent - Stat - Forum - FAQ - Login
ExtraTorrent.cc is in compliance with copyrights
BitCoin: 12DiyqsWhENahDzdhdYsRrCw8FPQVcCkcm
Can't load ExtraTorrent? Try our official mirrors: etmirror.com - etproxy.com - extratorrentonline.com - extratorrentlive.com
2006-2017 ExtraTorrent.cc3